1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:39 pm UTC

mscha wrote:It's All Related: math vs. maths.

Maths is fun! :D

Idle thought: What if Megan wasn't oh-ing about the box? What if there is something more interesting off-frame to the right? Like a bigger box?
Spoiler:
Too mopey to decree todip. Check back tomorrow.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:00 pm UTC

explor-ONG ?

Well, my prophecy was dramatically not answered by the randalls that be. I guess I need another 40 years in the desert. Can you still respect me, lowly waiter that I am?
Lurking. Watching. Thinking. Writing. Waiting.
-- Charlie Grumbles

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:01 pm UTC

Oh wow! Exciting things have happened whilst I was a-coma! First a barbed wire fence, then a whole shed! Though, as some have pointed out, it does look rather flimsy. In fact, my first thought was that it looked like it was made of a child's building blocks, like this, though unless there were some scale shenanigans going on, that wouldn't make much sense. On the more realistic side, I could swear I've seen a loosely-built brick house like that before, with the holes in the bricks intended to let air through easily (as someone else mentioned, in support of the Africanists/Madagascarians) but google images is failing me.

As for maths, I'm pretty sure we already have this conversation - the OTT certainly is a loop ;)

mittagleffler

Postby mittagleffler » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:12 pm UTC

Oh my. This is my first time. I just couldn't hold it in any longer.

Go easy, tiger.

EDIT: Let's see. Hairy bottoms, will those do?
Last edited by mittagleffler on Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:04 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:14 pm UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:Oh wow! Exciting things have happened whilst I was a-coma! First a barbed wire fence, then a whole shed! Though, as some have pointed out, it does look rather flimsy. In fact, my first thought was that it looked like it was made of a child's building blocks, like this, though unless there were some scale shenanigans going on, that wouldn't make much sense. On the more realistic side, I could swear I've seen a loosely-built brick house like that before, with the holes in the bricks intended to let air through easily (as someone else mentioned, in support of the Africanists/Madagascarians) but google images is failing me.

As for maths, I'm pretty sure we already have this conversation - the OTT certainly is a loop ;)

The OTT is not a loop! It is like pi - sequences may repeat, but the whole thing never does.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:16 pm UTC

In some ways, the shed/shack/building reminds me of stacked rubber tires. Perhaps it is the stack of something behind the shed that is causing this. The gaps in its construction simply do not make sense.
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

karhell

Postby karhell » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:19 pm UTC

Alright, registration time for Yet Another Delurker.
I have been following the OTC for quite a while, always in the shadows, always silent.
Round the end of the Madness, I finally decided enough was enough; too many in jokes I didn't get, too many questions unanswered, I had to read it ALL.

And so, ever since, I have been plodding along, caught Somewhere In Time (seriously, I can't believe this one was never referenced).
I paddled through the Sea of Madness, patiently reading in silence, intent on not registering before I reached the Present.

Yet today, passing NP 498*, I encountered this sentence that made me reconsider.
Vytron wrote:If your first post in the thread is "hey guys, I've read all the pages!", you're probably doing it wrong.

For the first time, I began to feel the Loneliness of the Long Distance Reader; the subscribe button taunted me all day, and finally here I am, joining the fray.

I shall now don my greaves of striding, and wait faster than ever, hoping to meet y'all in the Present, sometime.

*yes, I know, not very fast a blitz, but I'm wandering on at my own pace, enjoying the trip**.
**or trek, it seems, should I follow Vytron's nomenclature...

~~the fabric of space and time shifts and twists. A portal from the future opens, and a piece of paper slips through.~~
As the portal closes, you examine the paper. It is slightly singed from its time travel, but the message is still perfectly legible.
Spoiler:
"Hello, Blitzers, Trekers, Ketchuppers, and all denizens of the past, regardless of denomination.
Congratulations on making it this far. I hope you're enjoying the OTT.
The future is molpish as ever (and pretty cool). There might be some rough spots, but keep the faith, and wait for it.
Hoping to meet you in the present some xip,
--karhell, NP2051"
Last edited by karhell on Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:58 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Rule110

Postby Rule110 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:24 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:Oh wow! Exciting things have happened whilst I was a-coma! First a barbed wire fence, then a whole shed! Though, as some have pointed out, it does look rather flimsy. In fact, my first thought was that it looked like it was made of a child's building blocks, like this, though unless there were some scale shenanigans going on, that wouldn't make much sense. On the more realistic side, I could swear I've seen a loosely-built brick house like that before, with the holes in the bricks intended to let air through easily (as someone else mentioned, in support of the Africanists/Madagascarians) but google images is failing me.

The OTT is not a loop! It is like pi - sequences may repeat, but the whole thing never does.

It is also like pie (crusty, fruity, and delicious), or at least like a fritter, wherein we fritter away our Time.
If you're lost you can look--and you will find me
Time after Time...

Ray Kremer

Postby Ray Kremer » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:26 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
StormAngel wrote:
Spoiler:
I also find it hard to believe that nobody already thought to make this:

Nice! Let's see, how would that work as a Garfield Minus Garfield?
It's a sqrt(-Garfield)

For those of you keeping score at home, it went live on the site a few days ago.

HES

Postby HES » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:30 pm UTC

I missed the most exiting thing since the wowterfall because I was shoe shopping of all things. The town hall clock has a nice ONG though.
BlitzGirl wrote:Connecting the pix:

Randall just wanted to tease us even more :x
Neil_Boekend wrote:
Prosthetic_Lips wrote:
jjjdavidson wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:The fence reminds me of split rail, but with chicken wire, or wire mesh, on one side. Like this:
Spoiler:

Well-spotted! Someone earlier suggested barbed wire, but I would judge that the rails are far too thick for that. But a heavy mesh fence, zoomed out to invisibility, might well leave just such small ticks visible along the length of the rails.

Of course, the possibility also exists that the fence rails are strung with tiny Christmas lights, but I must concede the likelihood of such to be exceedingly remote.

Oooh, I like the Christmas lights theory. I hereby second that. Any thirds?

Yeps, a thirds here. Definitely christmas lights!

There is a thirds in the thread somewhere, but xe hasn't reported in today.

@ChronosDragon thanks for gONGet version 2 :D
He/Him/His Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:33 pm UTC

Is that another mini trebuchet on the raised bit between Megball and the hut?
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:48 pm UTC

Rule110 wrote:
taixzo wrote:

It is also like pie (crusty, fruity, and delicious), or at least like a fritter, wherein we fritter away our Time.

Indeed! Mmm, pie.

This pie was breakfast!
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:52 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:In some ways, the shed/shack/building reminds me of stacked rubber tires. Perhaps it is the stack of something behind the shed that is causing this. The gaps in its construction simply do not make sense.

Actually, animal shelters built from rough boards look a lot like this. They are intended to keep the rain off, mostly, or the sun. Especially useful in terrain without many trees. If the climate is warm the chinks could easily be intentional. Weathering also causes this.

Off again, off again, jiggety jig. Keep the faith while I'm about. No prophecy this time - too embarrassed to try. :lol:
-- Charlie Grumbles

HES

Postby HES » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:59 pm UTC

EDIT:
Ray Kremer wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
StormAngel wrote:
Spoiler:
I also find it hard to believe that nobody already thought to make this:

Nice! Let's see, how would that work as a Garfield Minus Garfield?
It's a sqrt(-Garfield)

For those of you keeping score at home, it went live on the site a few days ago.

It would be awesome if Time were released as a newspaper comic. 24 frames a day, could be spread through the paper like previous flipbook suggestions, or slowed down to an evil 1fpd...

I suppose the same applies to othercomics, but the internet cuts out the middle man
Last edited by HES on Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:18 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
He/Him/His Image

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:01 pm UTC

ContinuONG:

Also, the squirrelpy was like a wip ago, but I just noticed this: http://xkcd.com/167/
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

BlueCrab

Postby BlueCrab » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:16 pm UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:<snip> On the more realistic side, I could swear I've seen a loosely-built brick house like that before, with the holes in the bricks intended to let air through easily (as someone else mentioned, in support of the Africanists/Madagascarians) but google images is failing me.

Drying shed?
Made with pallets or wooden slats.
Made from concrete or adobe of some sort?
A modern clothes-drying shed from Ireland - pictures 2 and 3, especially.
This type of tobacco-drying shed is the kind that first occurred to me, but it's not very like ours.

Or it could be a shearing shed or this sort of stone shepherd's hut which could explain the roofline. I came across several interesting possibilities just on the first page of images, using ‘stone shepherd's hut’ for my search terms.
Wiki Wiki Wiki Wiki Grapevine, Grapevine

"Kvetcher-upper" -- one who complains while ketchupping? - CasCat

“Pretty much everything tastes better if you eat it in the shower.” - ggh

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:22 pm UTC

The great
Mark 2
Spoiler:

famous journeys...
The perils of power
Blitzgirl accepts her punishment...
Alt Codes Rock
Who Inquisits the inquisitioner?
I'm still not a molpy

Spoiler:
jjjdavidson wrote:I can't help thinking that the current dialogue, once again, has a feel of allegory to it. "The world is too big. It can go on longer than we can." "I'm still going." "But one day we won't be. And we're a long way from home."

Has anyone in the last 800-odd pages tried comparing the events of the OTC to famous literary journeys? There are a few parallels, for instance, to The Pilgrim's Progress, though that story's strong religious message seems out of place here. Still, Megball's doubts and hesitations along the way do give their journey something of the feel of a pilgrimage.

Has it been 10 years already? I don't remember Cueball facing the Cyclops either, and I'm pretty sure that there would have been a lot of discussion as to whether his name was really "Noman"

So....probably not the Odyssey.
Although, Cueball's recent actions do evoke Campbell's rejection of the call.

BlitzGirl wrote:
Post-submission EDIT:
Well, mustard; ggh's post is gone. Now what's to stop me from going all evil?

At the end of all things, when all has come to ruin and despair, when darkness has swallowed the light, if it should come to pass that Blitzgirl in madness wrought this end, then shall she face the Inquisition. For from us, there is no flight, there is no immunity, and though the wheels of judgment grind slow, they grind also fine. Remember always, there is a lemon merangue pie and a comfy chair with your name on it.

BlitzGirl wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Why not a prequel?

The Land Before Time

Heresy! There is no "before" time.

I sentence you to have to consider blitzing again. you don't have to do it, just consider it.

*considers*
I'd rather not, thanks. :)

Fair enough, then.

yappobiscuits wrote:Past midnight and I'm only now doing today's ketchup... been busy working on outside music things.
Warning: Most of this is just congratulating people on awesome ottifications and things...
CameronCat wrote:Dear Sis,
I know I haven't written in a while and for that I apologize; just busy I guess. I hope you and the kids are well. I did want to tell you about the new church I've joined and invite you to visit us.
...<BigSnip>

Welcome! That was glorious.
BlitzGirl wrote:mscha seems to be the current footnotes keeper (though i often defy his standards by using 3 as neat). i would recommend a weird footnote for "weird," maybe something like thisε.

ε weird

I like that, it's easier to remember than a number so you don't have to refer to mscha's sig... but needs to be copied and pasted as it's not on conventional keyboards...

It's just ALT+238
ε

AluisioAS]

[quote="Dracomax wrote:
[The Inquisition] did this with the understanding that in order to be able to punish even the very high, we could not be under the authority of the very high.
Yes, we are, and always have been, a rogue organization. It's funnier that way.

But who punishes the Inquisition? Me?[/quote]
Oh, eventually, I'm sure an angry, pitchfork wielding mob will form. In the meantime, the answer is, "Other Inquisitioners". If you look back, the inquisition has always accepted punishment where it was applicable.

BlitzGirl wrote:
charlie_grumbles wrote:I really think that some of the "molpy action" we've seen was not intentional by Master Randall, but artifacts of the process of creation (like dark matter :D).

Molpy is sad because you equate him to mustard:

And you wonder why I worry about Mscha coming towards me with a net...

and, even though nobody seems to have noticed I was gone, I'm back.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:26 pm UTC

SBN wrote:This is the first time I've had to do one of those annoyingly difficult pages in ketchup mode, and I was so glad when mscha spoke up
Me too. The glad and ketchup part. Posters like mscha stand up and take the brunt of annoyance feedback. Thanks, mscha. I pretty much skipped all written parts of posts missing all vowels. I tried a few for fun. It wasn't fun. I believe it's not possible to always grok the correct words intended. I think a possible good alternative decree would be to mix teh lteters beucase taht's a kownn phenomenon (always starting and ending with the same first and last letter. :)

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:28 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:mscha seems to be the current footnotes keeper (though i often defy his standards by using 3 as neat). i would recommend a weird footnote for "weird," maybe something like thisε.

ε weird

I like that, it's easier to remember than a number so you don't have to refer to mscha's sig... but needs to be copied and pasted as it's not on conventional keyboards...

It's just ALT+238
ε

I have a laptop, pretty sure you need a number pad for those.
Last edited by yappobiscuits on Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:28 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

cellocgw

Postby cellocgw » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:28 pm UTC

mscha wrote:ONG, it's a shed!

You sure? It looks like an HP calculator to me (aither a big one or Cuegan are smaller than we thought)
https://app.box.com/witthoftresume
Former OTTer
Vote cellocgw for President 2020. #ScienceintheWhiteHouse http://cellocgw.wordpress.com
"The Planck length is 3.81779e-33 picas." -- keithl
" Earth weighs almost exactly π milliJupiters" -- what-if #146, note 7

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:37 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:

ε weird

It's just ALT+238
ε

I have a laptop, pretty sure you need a number pad for those.

On my laptop it would be fn+alt+238, like this ε
I don't expect I'll use it much.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

wizpretz

Postby wizpretz » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:38 pm UTC

Cuegan should use the shed for shelter. They've been traveling for [heresy] days [/heresy] (I assume, how long do you think they've been traveling) and I only remember seeing them sleep once.

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:38 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:In some ways, the shed/shack/building reminds me of stacked rubber tires. Perhaps it is the stack of something behind the shed that is causing this. The gaps in its construction simply do not make sense.

Actually, animal shelters built from rough boards look a lot like this. They are intended to keep the rain off, mostly, or the sun. Especially useful in terrain without many trees. If the climate is warm the chinks could easily be intentional. Weathering also causes this.

Off again, off again, jiggety jig. Keep the faith while I'm about. No prophecy this time - too embarrassed to try. :lol:

This is true. But, from what we're seeing, I think the segments that make up the structure are too short and wide, and the gaps too regular, to be accounted for by rough boards. Even well weathered ones. Also, if they were boards, and that much weathering had occurred, the structure would likely have shifted and not be so squares (especially that front end with the large window), I should think.

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:46 pm UTC

It honestly looks like somebody boarded up a hole in the wall. the gaps are such that it looks like somebody just nailed them in, not caring too much about gaps.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

thirds

Postby thirds » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:46 pm UTC

HES wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:

I knew no one reads my posts...

*bitter weeping*

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:48 pm UTC

SBN wrote:On my laptop it would be fn+alt+238, like this ε
I don't expect I'll use it much.

*tries* ...nope. Never mind, no biggie.

wizpretz

Postby wizpretz » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:56 pm UTC

thirds wrote:
HES wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:

*bitter weeping*

I read your posts. *Hugs*

But does anyone read my posts? :cry:

jovialbard

Postby jovialbard » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:59 pm UTC

Be assured, ye of little faith, BlitzGirl reads it ALL.

As do many others.

They just doesn't comment on it all.
I wrote a book exploring the nature of identity and loss of self! And another book about babies!
Also, vlog and short-story blog

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:10 pm UTC

MERCHANDISONGS...

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

ttscp

Postby ttscp » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:11 pm UTC

mscha wrote:MERCHANDISONGS...
Spoiler:

-- posted by newpixbot

So newpixbot is trying to tell us it's a store?
Always act to increase the survival chances of the largest group you are a part of.

EraObserver

Postby EraObserver » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:13 pm UTC

jovialbard wrote:Be assured, ye of little faith, BlitzGirl reads it ALL.

As do many others.

They just doesn't comment on it all.

We need a secretary of commenting so that no post goes forgotten!!!!!

He can live in a dark, dank cave with little light, in tattered clothing and squirrel friends to bring him crumbly food... That should help him/her deal with the task.
*Insert witty comment*

fhorn

Postby fhorn » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:14 pm UTC

wizpretz wrote:
thirds wrote:
HES wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:

*bitter weeping*

I read your posts! *hugs* *and a little "boop" on the nose :wink:
"...or I shall have to find Chekov myself, and shoot him with his own damn gun" - k.bookbinder
unteaching is the hardest teaching

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:16 pm UTC

Hmmm. So if they go in, how will we know? How will we know it isn't behind, or in front? I expect to be puzzled for a while, here.

We may never know, alas.

On the other hand some large horned beastie could come out to greet them (happily or otherwise).

Now, if I were GLR, planning this "simple webcomic", I'd take lots of tax exempt trips all over the world, taking pictures and eating cake, etc. Then the OTC becomes his remembrance of happy times on the road.

Remember how your friends used to trap you into watching their badly focused travel pictures? Something like that. Not that old, huh? Or were you the trapper, rather than the trappee?
-- Charlie Grumbles

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:20 pm UTC

So, we've been arguing about what to call the things that we write - ottodies? Filks? Tim(e)odies? Whatever may be the case, I created one about it.

To the tune of "Music of the Night", from Phantom of the Opera:

The Music that We Write

Spoiler:
Waiting sharpens, heightens each sensation;
Molpies stir and wake imagination;
Discovered through enhances, as Comic time advances.

Slowly, hourly, newpix are revealed here;
Waiters mention references concealed here;
Turn your face away from the garish light of day
Stay upon your quest to be Temporal Knight;
And listen to the music that we write.

Blitz the Thread, if you feel you're missing something here,
Purge your thoughts of the life you knew before;
At the end, you've read all that came before!
And you'll wait, as you never have before.

Softly, loudly, waiters produce wonders;
Many pages, never pulled asunder;
Heresies bring candy, our modus operandi,
And flamewars quenched because we cannot fight;
Instead we share the music that we write.

Let our thread watch a journey through a strange new world
Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before -
Let Lord Randall take them where they should be!
Only then can they learn about the sea.

Outside, worldwide, time is passing faster;
No-one here can wait forever after;
We must sing today, create beauty straightaway,
Like the buttermolpyfly's amazing flight;
We do this with the music that we write.

You alone can make our songs take flight;
Help us make the music that we write.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

rvloon

Postby rvloon » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:25 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:So, we've been arguing about what to call the things that we write - ottodies? Filks? Tim(e)odies? Whatever may be the case, I created one about it.

If I had more time, I would definitely have a stab at recording this.

+1

Ronald
Spoiler:
I followed Time until The End and I cannot even buy a chirping T-shirt.

fhorn

Postby fhorn » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:30 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:So, we've been arguing about what to call the things that we write - ottodies? Filks? Tim(e)odies? Whatever may be the case, I created one about it.

Spoiler:
The Music that We Write

[spoiler]Waiting sharpens, heightens each sensation;

I lost it at "Heresies bring candy, our modus operandi" - well done!
"...or I shall have to find Chekov myself, and shoot him with his own damn gun" - k.bookbinder
unteaching is the hardest teaching

BlueCrab

Postby BlueCrab » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:34 pm UTC

fhorn wrote:
wizpretz wrote:
thirds wrote:
HES wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:

*bitter weeping*

I read your posts! *hugs* *and a little "boop" on the nose :wink:

There's an attribution missing from the nested quotes above, but I'm stealing seconds for this post and can't go look for it right now...

I read your posts, too, thirds! And yours, wizpretz, and fhorn, and yours too, HES and Neil_Boekend, and Scarecrow, and Tin Man, and yours, too, Cowardly Lion! I did notice when you were mistakenly marked absent, thirds, but I forgot to mention it because of Outside.

No one took notice of my fairy-lights theory, either - or they didn't realize that fairy-lights and Christmas lights are the same thing...
I wrote: They walked right past the cairn - shoom, off goes the cairn into the apocrypha. Right past the... what, box like they had at the Sandcastle? Transformer for the fairy lights on the Christmas-cairn? Sewer entrance? ...and off that goes, into the land of never-was. RandallDammit, Randall! I have to coma now, what are you trying to do to me?
Wiki Wiki Wiki Wiki Grapevine, Grapevine

"Kvetcher-upper" -- one who complains while ketchupping? - CasCat

“Pretty much everything tastes better if you eat it in the shower.” - ggh

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:35 pm UTC

The Music that We Write

Spoiler:
Waiting sharpens, heightens each sensation;

Brilliant! Bravo! Bravo! The last verse was my favorite, but oh! what a wonderful song. Filk, OTTody, whatever it be called, by any other name it is brilliant! :mrgreen:

ergman

Postby ergman » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:49 pm UTC

As far as thirds appreciation goes, I love your profile picture here.
And I reads everything that I sees.
I'm gonna go blitz sqrt-Garfield now.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:49 pm UTC

thirds wrote:I knew no one reads my posts...
I read them. As you know though, the flow of words and posts is pretty high around these parts!

@taixzo: "The Music that we Write" - Awesome - brought tears to my eyes!

My favorite line:

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”