Were I the story teller, I would not dwell much on building another sandcastle. We've seen this before, and it would not really serve much function in the story line. Nor is there much sand anyway. They may decide to build a "Cuegan was here" sandcastle, in which case I'd still expect it to be fewer than 100 frames.
I don't think this is where La Petite lives. I don't think La Petite will feature directly in the story for a while. To re-introduce her now, as the first "other person" we (and they) would see, would tend to make the story a bit claustrophobic in the sense that it would shrink our impressions of the outside world. There are others. I expect to meet them. Only after that has happened, and we have established the scope of the cast, would I expect to see the return of a minor (though intriguing) bit part.
When you consider the OTA's other comics, the characters don't always behave in a realistic manner, but they do always have versimilitude. Within the universe of the comic, they are behaving as realistic stick-figure cast members. This is true of other art forms too - in real life, how many people burst out into song and dance while they are crossing the street in the rain? Happens in musicals all the time, and we don't bat an eyelash.
That said, they are on a hike of perhaps several days or more, with nothing but what's in their backpacks, which they conveniently had handy while at the beach. We take it on faith that that is enough, because they do.
I predict they will not exit whence they came. I'm not sure about a scene change; I don't think one is warranted yet. So, I'll go with 66% chance of exiting to our right, 33% chance of a camera shift, and a 1% chance of a raptor attack.
I wonder if the bushes are just wavering in a breeze, though if so, I'd expect the tops to waver more. So, I am more inclined towards molpy action. I doubt it's big (it's not opaque enough) but if riverish, it would need to be multiple.
Feathered raptors feeding on molpyberries maybe?
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar
of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.