1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Eternal Density

I decree that people leave secret messages in the subject!

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:07 am UTC

Grah, I had to refresh about 5 times to get the Reply page to load :(

Looks like Cueball may be okay but I'm not sure if I trust him :P

When I mentioned Charlie and the Chocolate Factory I didn't even think of charlie_grumbles, which is terrible after I dedicated an ONG to his memory and said we'll never forget. I guess my memory is not as good as I imagined.
BlitzGirl wrote:
xpatiate wrote:Also, just what exactly does Cueball have in his backpack?

Maybe one of these?
Spoiler:
SQUEE! YOU'RE A KITTY!!
Um, I mean, yeah that's a definite possibility.
[edit] Ha, I'd given up hope of again being pope.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

spamjam

frxevg zrffntrf

Postby spamjam » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:19 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:More likely running for backup. Expect raptorcatarmy in the next few newpix.

Serious prediction: Megan will say "You all right?" next newpix.

Raptorcatarmy would be awefulsome. :D

And your prediction seems quite likely to come true. Inverse of this:
Spoiler:

Awesomeful prediction.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

http://tinyurl.com/raptorkitty

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:22 am UTC

Thanks! :)

I don't know if I trust Cueball either; that brain-eating amoeba is probably rattled from the raptorcat attack.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

kenmelken

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby kenmelken » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:45 am UTC

Odd realization while updating the wiki: Cueball and Megan haven't always been together. Sometime before the story began, they had separate lives at one point. This dawned on me as I considered the following exchange from the Pricklymolp episode:

Cueball wrote:Have you seen one before?

Megan wrote:Never this close.

Very similar exchange happened way back at the beginning of the Journey Eon, when he asked if she'd ever been that far, and she said, "not in this direction." Obviously, if they'd always been together, he'd know how far she's gone or whether she's seen a pricklymolp before.

Of course, it is rather obvious that two journeying adults haven't known each other forever. Other than your parents and siblings, how many people have you always even KNOWN, let along been everywhere with? Still, it seemed like such a novel thought and realization, since we've only ever known them TOGETHER. What lives did they have separately before? How did they meet? How long have they known each other?

Anyway, I admit that little realizations like this found in the micro-examination of minute details are the greatest reward of my quest to carefully document to story progression of the OTC on the wiki. :)

EDIT: Though late, the Other Comic finally posted.
In Svithjod, there stands a rock. It is 100 miles high and 100 miles wide. Once every 1000 years a little bird comes to this rock to sharpen its beak. One time, I changed just the last sentence of this signature, and lots of you noticed. Image

Flotter

Postby Flotter » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:52 am UTC

Ninja'd by kenmelken's edit

Spoiler:

Montov

Postby Montov » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:58 am UTC

Whoa, major development. I noticed more newpages htan normal post-coma, so I knew something was about to happen (or actually, already happened). Nice teamwork of Megball defending against the Catpy.

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:01 am UTC

Not BleedONG

In Svithjod, there stands a rock. It is 100 miles high and 100 miles wide. Once every 1000 years a little bird comes to this rock to sharpen its beak. One time, I changed just the last sentence of this signature, and lots of you noticed. Image

BlitzGirl

Does the OtherComic mean Cuegan's going to make a fire?

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:03 am UTC

I don't think Cueball is back to normal yet... Image
"Claws...it had claws..."

kenmelken wrote:Odd realization while updating the wiki: Cueball and Megan haven't always been together. Sometime before the story began, they had separate lives at one point.
Spoiler:
This dawned on me as I considered the following exchange from the Pricklymolp episode:

Cueball wrote:Have you seen one before?

Megan wrote:Never this close.

Very similar exchange happened way back at the beginning of the Journey Eon, when he asked if she'd ever been that far, and she said, "not in this direction." Obviously, if they'd always been together, he'd know how far she's gone or whether she's seen a pricklymolp before.

Of course, it is rather obvious that two journeying adults haven't known each other forever. Other than your parents and siblings, how many people have you always even KNOWN, let along been everywhere with? Still, it seemed like such a novel thought and realization, since we've only ever known them TOGETHER. What lives did they have separately before? How did they meet? How long have they known each other?

Anyway, I admit that little realizations like this found in the micro-examination of minute details are the greatest reward of my quest to carefully document to story progression of the OTC on the wiki. :)

But...but... Cuegan has been Cuegan since the Beginning of Time!

Image + Image = Image
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

kenmelken

Re: Does the OtherComic mean Cuegan's going to make a fire?

Postby kenmelken » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:06 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:But...but... Cuegan has been Cuegan since the Beginning of Time!

Image + Image = Image

Since the beginning of Time? Yes. But maybe not since the beginning of before. At least their own words seem to imply otherwise. :)

BlitzGirl

Tattered Knapsack is the name of my next band

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:14 am UTC

Cueball might be all right, but the top of his bag looks a bit tattered:

Spoiler:
TatteredKnapsack.png
TatteredKnapsack.png (17.85 KiB) Viewed 14834 times
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

spamjam

Maybe she could borrow some from Prometheus.

Postby spamjam » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:16 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I don't think Cueball is back to normal yet... Image

Sandy Claws!

wizpretz

Postby wizpretz » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:19 am UTC

Now that the sun is rising and this almost-crisis has been resolved I think it's time to go coma. Goodnight Mrs. Mobteeseboose.

BlitzGirl

Now we know that Cue's bag is full of PRESENTS

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:19 am UTC

spamjam wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:I don't think Cueball is back to normal yet... Image

Sandy Claws!

Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:21 am UTC

Randall Above, I've missed some huge stuff while a-coma! Most exciting 12 hours of OTC/OTT since the Fading! And over 10 NPs to ketchup...
Time to start Puttin' on that certain Blitz! (Thanks for the various praise for that, peoples!)

I always presumed the "ghoulpy" was just the bush rustling in the wind, since we're higher up so there would be more wind... how wrong I was!
And Charlie's gone? I'll miss him and Fluffy :(
HES wrote:If we stay here too long the wierd gaps in the building are going to start annoying me
yappobiscuits wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:Right, I'm a very tired ottermolpy now so time for me to coma. G'night all.

I'll never get used to timezones...it's 10:30 am here and I just woke up! *yawn*

Well it's actually only 6:30pm here, but I have very uneven coma patterns

Heh. I'm in the same timezone and have been getting up at 6.30 recently. I've been on an unintentional 28(ish) hour day

Well that's actually more normal for me. I'm usually nocturnal, but sometimes try and get back on track by staying up all night and day, going to bed late afternoon/early evening, then getting up early morning. But I all too easily switch back to nocturnality just by staying up too long at night again, so it never lasts long... It's funny, if I'd been on my usual nocturnal schedule I wouldn't have missed the kittymolp attack!
BlitzGirl wrote:
Spoiler:

I feel OTT-old. Bejabbers and thunderation! :D

Whee, Happy 1000! I made this for you when I saw you were on 999, but woke from coma too late (or went to coma too early) to actually give it to you on time, but better late than never...
Spoiler:

BlitzGirl wrote:We learned the raptorcat likes Cueball's bag:
Spoiler:

Aww it's ok, Kittymolpy was just headbooping Cue!
Spoiler:

BlitzGirl wrote:And now, a less pointy and raptory raptorcat:
Spoiler:

Where can you see molpies?
Only in the OTC!
Come to the OTC, we got molpies!

Where can you see raptors?
Only in the OTC!
We got molpies and raptors only in the OTC!
BlitzGirl wrote:But...but... Cuegan has been Cuegan since the Beginning of Time!

Image + Image = Image

Heh, Megball are the OTP. ;)

Randall above, I've sure quoted BlitzGirl a lot here!

Redundant attachments:
Spoiler:
CatBoop.gif

1000_Cake.jpg
Last edited by yappobiscuits on Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:30 am UTC, edited 4 times in total.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

spamjam

Tattered Knapsack should play Showbox at the Market

Postby spamjam » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:22 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:.
Cueball might be all right, but the top of his bag looks a bit tattered:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
TatteredKnapsack.png

I see...you've shown us that marked in a box.

BlitzGirl

I want to elope with this cake.

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:30 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
Spoiler:

I feel OTT-old. Bejabbers and thunderation! :D

Whee, Happy 1000! I made this for you when I saw you were on 999, but woke from coma too late (or went to coma too early) to actually give it to you on time, but better late than never...
Spoiler:

That is the most awesomeful cake I've ever seen! Image And cute kittyheadboop!

ETA: Don't feel bad about quotapaloozaing me. I've written 67 posts today... :oops:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:44 am UTC

Good word, quotapaloozaing!

Angelastic

Listen very carefully, I shall subject you to this only once

Postby Angelastic » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:54 am UTC

kenmelken wrote:
Angelastic wrote:
kenmelken wrote:A thought: just as BlitzGirl's arrival in the present coincided with the appearance of LaPetite, leading to our assumption that they were obviously one and the same, does anyone else find it odd that KarMann reemerged coinciding with the emergence of the feline-molpy? I think the appropriate conclusion is obvious...

If you think KarMann is the feline-molpy, you'd have to assume Vytron was just trying to throw you off the trail by claiming to be the feline molpy.

I think this would be a good moment to start a fade back to LaPetite. Also a good time for me to invent a Time machine so I can go back to when I should have coma'd.

Vytron is A cat-molpy. Just not THIS cat-molpy.

Vytron is every cat-molpy. Emphasis mine:
Vytron wrote:Also, xall, I want to call dibs on a future event, as likely or unlikely event as it is: whenever you see a cat appearing at the OTC, it's me!

jjjdavidson wrote:On the "it's all related" front, my wife just came into the room to show me this scary meowmolpy video. The timing of the music is perfect. As Beetlejuice says of The Exorcist, "I've seen it about a hundred and sixty-seven times and it keeps getting funnier!"

Paul and Storm call this the best 36 seconds on the internet, and they have seen it hundreds of times and can confirm it keeps getting funnier.

taixzo wrote:
hdhale wrote:On the assumption that this is someone's pet and that person is still around, they should be popping up in a few frames or so I should think.

It's rather big for a pet.

(Unless, of course, it's a savannah.)

Which leaves me to Serval, an African cat.
Last edited by Angelastic on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:14 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Temporal, and Archdeacon of buttermongery and ham and cheese sandwiches. Nobody sells butter except through me.
Image Smiley by yappobiscuits. Avatar by GLR, buffygirl, BlitzGirl & mscha, with cari.j.elliot's idea.
Haiku Detector
starts a trend to make way for
my robot army.

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:02 am UTC

NOng?

EDIT:
@Angelastic: Ah. Then we must conclude that KarMann and Vytron are the same person.

Oh, and that cat video truly IS the best of all time. LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
Last edited by kenmelken on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:19 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

BlitzGirl

Very good for hearing molpies.

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:03 am UTC

Angelastic wrote:<snip> Which leaves me to Serval, an African cat.

Don't servals have those massive ears, though?

Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

I wanted to obey the decree, but can't think of anything

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:11 am UTC

Angelastic wrote:
jjjdavidson wrote:On the "it's all related" front, my wife just came into the room to show me this scary meowmolpy video. The timing of the music is perfect. As Beetlejuice says of The Exorcist, "I've seen it about a hundred and sixty-seven times and it keeps getting funnier!"

Paul and Storm call this the best 36 seconds on the internet, and they have seen it hundreds of times and can confirm it keeps getting funnier.

Oh wow, I hadn't seen that before. The perfect synchronisation of the music is indeed what makes it :D

HES

You're getting one long spoiler, despite the candle-tussle

Postby HES » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:16 am UTC

Seaish (cat)chup in all the excitement...
@Blitzgirl: Yay for OTTKCD! And other things
@ucim: Javascript
@Yappobiscuits: coma
@Arky: Stickmolpys and mustardchives
@xpatiate: detail

Spoiler:
The management1 would like to thank you for your continued awesomeness2
BlitzGirl wrote:If the mustard had been a giraffe, that would have cemented the Africa setting... *wistful sigh*

They're clearly near New York Central Zoo, or some equally insecure facility
BlitzGirl wrote:ETA: I now have 1050 posts. This means I have posted 50 times todip. I might have a problem. :shock:

This is a much more severe version of the OTTictions we have seen before. The first stage to recovery is admitting the problem2...
yappobiscuits wrote:Randall above, I've sure quoted BlitzGirl a lot here!

ucim wrote:Interesting... in my browser, when I clicked on refresh, I briefly got the new image, which instantly refreshed itself to the old one. When I refreshed again, the new one remained.
Jose

Makes it a pain to grab the ONG sometimes

yappobiscuits wrote:
HES wrote:Heh. I'm in the same timezone and have been getting up at 6.30 recently. I've been on an unintentional 28(ish) hour day

Well that's actually more normal for me. I'm usually nocturnal, but sometimes try and get back on track by staying up all night and day, going to bed late afternoon/early evening, then getting up early morning. But I all too easily switch back to nocturnality just by staying up too long at night again, so it never lasts long... It's funny, if I'd been on my usual nocturnal schedule I wouldn't have missed the kittymolp attack!

Every time I fix it I stay up too late and ruin it again. I actually have some outsider duties at the moment, taking place in normal person hours. It's difficult :(

Arky wrote:interesting that raptorcats do not have stick figure bodies. Makes it much more menacing by comparison, though.

What would a stickmolpy look like? Most XKCD animals have actual bodies
Arky wrote:1: I think by now this is a generic term for these retconned pixels, and not just the original mustard.

Much like Molpy no longer meaning mole/colpy

xpatiate wrote:How is it possible for an artist to portray a world in such detail that a feral cat can be spotted lurking in the middle of a patch of bushes; that said cat's ears can be seen to lie flat when attacked; that a tiny flag on a tiny sandcastle is knocked slightly askew in the skirmish, but a blade of grass close to the victim's head doesn't so much as quiver; and yet the artist somehow carelessly slips a GIANT ARMOURED GIR-AGON into the edge of the frame???

This bolsters the social experiment theories. EDIT and keeps GLRs infallibility3 in tact

1Me, no actual authority. Possible cake.
ETA: 2You're still going!
3One of those times you surprisingly spell something correctly first time
He/Him/His Image

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:25 am UTC

Kay, so it has been very intense around here lately. I thought I'd spread some happiness by harkening back to a much happier recent molpy encounter, offering my official entry on the Wiki for the Epic of Pricklymolp! This was a very fun, though difficult entry to write. It took a lot of extensive research through the OTT to complete the discussion section. This was a real gem of a period in the OTC, and I've put a lot of care into this entry (about 4 newpix of work--my longest for any single entry I think). So, take a walk down memory lane and rediscover this happy little period for yourself on the wiki. :)

I have to say, a lot of the very fascinating discussion on the species identification of the molpy is in large part thanks to BlueCrab, who was the first person to suggest THREE of the four major candidate species, and offered lots of insight and research to the OTT during that time.

And now I coma. Enjoy this reminiscence. :)

Edit: Incidentally, other forum users mentioned directly in the entry include: Kieryn, BlitzGirl, Kazza3, k.bookbinder, jjjdavidson, Valarya. Many others contributed wonderful things to that discussion though! Wish I could have mentioned everything, but alas, it is only a summary.
Last edited by kenmelken on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:30 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

BlitzGirl

help i'm trapped in the one true thread and i can't get out

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:26 am UTC

HES wrote:The management1 would like to thank you for your continued awesomeness2

1Me, no actual authority. Possible cake.
ETA: 2You're still going!

Wha? Cake?
Somebody say cake?
I eloped with a cake once?
I think?
Cake?
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HAL9000
Not Red

If this post ends up on the top of a page it'd be awesome.

Postby HAL9000 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:34 am UTC

tinosoph wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
moody7277 wrote:Theological question here. What if newpixbot were to at some point gain the pope-ship (assuming of course this hasn't already happened)?

Then, at some point, we should have to welcome our new, robotic overlord...for the duration of a page.

The current pope should issue a decree that a pope has to be human, just like the roman one has to be male. Just in case.
Oh, and only living humans. Don't need no Zombies!

Blindpost from NP823 (the post I quote is from a little earlier, but I'm responding before I forget) to point out that even if I can't be Pope, there's no way to prevent me from becoming Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer, a title which Newpixbot shall also attain if it happens to top a page (when the page is first created, that is. The "granted upon page creation" rule clears up the irregularities imposed on the PagePapacy by deletion and/or consolidation of older posts).
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:38 am UTC

taixzo wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:PIZZONG...
Sun-dried tomatoes, bacon bits, and artichoke hearts.

Is it just me or is Megan getting out a rope?

She'll end up hanging Cueball from that tree.
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

HES

Edit: Yes.

Postby HES » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:47 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Image

I think you need to wait for it outside for a newpix or so :|
Last edited by HES on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:23 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
He/Him/His Image

kenmelken

THE WIKI IS YOUR FRIEND!

Postby kenmelken » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:50 am UTC

Heh heh heh...
I totally just caught the decree... I'm slow, but I get there. :P
I was so confused about those eloping comments. Now makes sense. :)

Flotter

Postby Flotter » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:56 am UTC

Did everybody forget that they have been separate for certain periods, even after the dawn of Time?

Frames 0053 - 0074, Megan was alone, building the Caslte
Frames 0089 - 0125, Cueball was alone, building, breaking and rebuilding the Castle, though Megan was probably just off frame
Frames 0177 - 0211, Cueball was alone, building the Castle while Megan got a trebuchet
Frames 0240 - 0308, Megan was alone, building the Castle and resting a bit, while Cueball probably checked the small river
Frames 0326 - 0386, Cueball was alone, building the mini Castle
Frames 0390 - 0403, Cueball was alone, building the mini Castle, while Megan got the mini trebuchet
Frames 0419 - 0465, Megan was alone, getting and raising Poles while moving off frame every now and then
Frames 0486 - 0496, Cueball was alone, tasting the caffeinatedsemencancerbabies
Frames 0501 - 0519, Megan was alone, raising the second Planck on top of the Poles. When Cueball returns, they greet each other as if they haven't seen each other for a while
Frames 0571 - 0577, Megan was alone, finishing the bars on the top Plancks
Frames 0586 - 0628, Cueball was alone, building towers on top of the Plancks
Frames 0633 - 0636, Cueball was alone, putting flags on the towers on top of the Plancks
Frames 0729 - 0828, Megan was alone, building the top castle, sleeping, fixing the dyke (only exceptions are frames 0802 - 0805 when LaPetite stopped by, but it's generally believed that she's not Cueball in disguise)

After that, they've been pretty much together and separate less frequently.

Frames 1363 - 1375, Cueball was alone, picking berries while Megan sleeps.
Frames 1615 - 1664, Megan was alone, picking food (grapes?) and interacting with a squirpy while Cueball gets water
Frames 1925 - 1928, Cuegan was alone, sleeping, while Megan was exploring the area

Hmmm, compiling this list took a little longer than I anticipating, I even needed a lunch break halfway through :P

foilman

Postby foilman » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:00 am UTC

MistakONG

BlitzGirl

*refuses to go Outside*

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:01 am UTC

You got lucky, Cueball.
Flotter: Yes, they have been separate, but they have always been Cuegan. Image

I'd like to congratulate slinches on this excellent prediction:
slinches wrote:Maybe Megan will repay Cueball's heroics by beating the mountain lion with the shovel and saving his life.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

I will not be held responsible for your mental breakdown

Postby HES » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:15 am UTC

Cueball wrote:I think it grabbed my bag by mistake

In meowply's defence, there isn't much of cueball to grab on to
Last edited by HES on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:20 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
He/Him/His Image

k.bookbinder

Re: 1190: Wake up! There's a moleopard on your back!

Postby k.bookbinder » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:17 am UTC

This is one intense mornix. I am glad to see that Cuegan are OK, and moleopard got away with little more than a headache. I am certainly not used to this kind of tension and excitement first thing after I de'coma. :shock:
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

BlitzGirl

While you Wait: http://bit.ly/ln1RRF

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:21 am UTC

*tosses firstpost forward*
hajo wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Oh, okay. :) For some reason I expected a leopardraptor to be bigger ...

Big enough to scare everybody away :mrgreen:
Maybe this cat is the reason for the deserted landscape we have seen ?

One does wonder how the raptorcat learned that stickhumans were viable prey. From what I know about keyboards, they are unlikely to attack people unprovoked.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:24 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:*tosses firstpost forward*
hajo wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Oh, okay. :) For some reason I expected a leopardraptor to be bigger ...

Big enough to scare everybody away :mrgreen:
Maybe this cat is the reason for the deserted landscape we have seen ?

One does wonder how the raptorcat learned that stickhumans were viable prey. From what I know about keyboards, they are unlikely to attack people unprovoked.

We have not seen a lot of larger molpies that would provide adequate prey, for such a larger predator. And I still think it was going after Cueball's bag, not him. I wonder, though, how long was it following them?
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

cellocgw

Postby cellocgw » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:24 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:*sighs*

I fear charlie is lost to us forever. I won't reproduce anything here because "private" messages, but I implored him to return, apologizing for any patronizing behavior and he denied the likelihood of that happenstance.

A moment of silence.

Ahhh nonsense. Either CG is having a major Faux-Grumble at your expense or he ran out of his meds, what with being too busy grumbleposting to make a CVS run.

Edited because I can't believe I typed the wrong "too/to" in there.
Last edited by cellocgw on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:34 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
https://app.box.com/witthoftresume
Former OTTer
Vote cellocgw for President 2020. #ScienceintheWhiteHouse http://cellocgw.wordpress.com
"The Planck length is 3.81779e-33 picas." -- keithl
" Earth weighs almost exactly π milliJupiters" -- what-if #146, note 7

Angelastic

A dilgunnerang full of molpycat pee

Postby Angelastic » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:26 am UTC

Before I got to the latest newpix, I hypothesised that the lack of bleeding would cause them to discover that they are stick figures in a cartoon and don't have room for any blood. Then they would break through the fourth wall and ask the GLR why the sea was rising, and he'll say it was a plot device to get them away from the beach so that he could tease us with LaPetite and keep us watching the comic in the hope of finding out who she was. Then they'd ask GLR who LaPetite is and he'd say that she is a plot device to tease us and keep us watching Cuegan. Then they'll ask GLR who they are, and he'll start wondering who anyone really is, when it comes down to it, and they'll be forced to squirt him with their remaining dilgunnerang, which, it turns out, is actually a Super Soaker.
Last edited by Angelastic on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:36 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Temporal, and Archdeacon of buttermongery and ham and cheese sandwiches. Nobody sells butter except through me.
Image Smiley by yappobiscuits. Avatar by GLR, buffygirl, BlitzGirl & mscha, with cari.j.elliot's idea.
Haiku Detector
starts a trend to make way for
my robot army.

cellocgw

Postby cellocgw » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:28 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Thanks, Exodies :)

spamjam wrote:VANQUISHED?ONG
Spoiler:

Megan has defeated the raptorcat!
Run, raptorcat! Run!

Just goes to show what a horrible misunderstanding this all has been. The reality is: after wandering the land for 20 <years>, Cueball returns to his native land and his faithful catdog Argmolpos jumps on him with joy. Megan, not knowing of this, whacks the poor critter upside the head. Feeling totally betrayed, Argmolpos runs off to form a zombie army.
Former OTTer
Vote cellocgw for President 2020. #ScienceintheWhiteHouse http://cellocgw.wordpress.com

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

V pbhyq ernq fcnzwnz'f zrffntr jvgubhg genafyngbe?!?

Postby ZoomanSP » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:29 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Image

Climb Ev'ry Mountain
(to the song of the same title from The Sound of Music)
Spoiler:
Climb every mountain,
Watch rivers1 flow
Join the raptor flyway
Point and call out "Oh!"

Climb every mountain,
Murmur your dream,
Watch the way the molps go
And still walk upstream

A stream that will lead
To sights you can't believe
Don't put thatε in your mouth
You can be so naive!

Climb every mountain,
Murmur your dream,
And still walk upstream

A stream that will lead
To sights you can't believe
Don't put thatε in your mouth
You can be so naive!

Climb every mountain,
Murmur your dream,
And still walk upstream!

FTFY. I don't want to take credit for this great ottification. But I might also have sent you this cupcake for all your great contributions to the OTT! :)

edited because the subject line allows for more characters in the editor than in the thread. and to fix some typos.
Last edited by ZoomanSP on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am UTC, edited 3 times in total.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

cellocgw

Postby cellocgw » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:31 am UTC

rvloon wrote:
PS: ETA: ok, that might be a little harsh, but it reminded me of when I was maintaining of a mailinglist for people over 50, Senior's Unite. One would expect that as one got older things would mellow out on account of having seen it all before in one way or the other.

You probably pissed them off with that apostrophe in there. :P

EDIT: dang, goated. And I had this great idea for a Papal Decree. Everyone would have had to recommend a nonfiction book.
Last edited by cellocgw on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:35 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Former OTTer

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”