1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

spamjam

This page brought to you by the word "fruit"

Postby spamjam » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:35 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
HES wrote:
Spoiler:

Is that a beesnake, or are you just happy to see me?
:3

What do those two lines have to do with molpysperm?
Or is it an example of beesnake(s) liking banana(s)?

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ZoomanSP » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:44 am UTC

HES wrote:Did someone leave the cooker on, creating an updraught of warm air? Seems a bizarre change of flight path.
Certainly setting itself up for a raptor attack

Maybe for a baptor?
Miller & Surlykke (2001) wrote:Freely flying, unidentified moths exhibit a variety of behavioral responses to bats and to synthetic batlike signals (Roeder 1967a; for recent results, refer to Acharya and Fenton 1992). Moths far from the source often turn and fly away, whereas those close to the source show zigzag and looping flight, power dives, or passive falls.

BlitzGirl wrote:Image

Awesomefully 4! 7!

ETA: source

4: neat
7: wow
Last edited by ZoomanSP on Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:47 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:45 am UTC

mscha wrote:What the Randall is Cuegan up to now?

Oig. That image did not mesh well with the Haydn symphony that happened to be playing when I first saw it. (Yappo's right; jazz would work better.)

hdhale wrote:At some point you'll figure out what I ripped off for my dialogue and you'll become profoundly sad. Love means never having to say you're sorry you know.

She: "Love means never having to say you're sorry."
He: *beat* "That's the dumbest thing I ever heard."
(From one of my favorite movies.)

BlitzGirl, that little guy is too cute to be legal. Any chance that you'll animate him?
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:48 am UTC

ucim wrote:@SBN, re Time synopsis: Well written. The only change I'd suggest is that we not go out of our way to encourage double posts, except for the ONG. People coming here already (should) know about the double post rule... that we don't get in snit should be reserved for when we actually don't get in a snit. Since we do (with good reason) double post for the ONG, that merits a note, but I wouldn't go beyond it for newbies.

@ChronosDragon, re: the same wrote:Either way, I think it embodies the casual-but-pretending-to-be-serious mindset we have here.
That is probably the most important thing. We pretend to be serious, but aren't, and that's the fun of it. It only works if we all realise that it's not important. (This is the basis of our Comfy Chair and Chocolate Dungeon.)

Jose

That's a fair* point about double posting, it's just that it has come up in relation to blitz-posts, and risking spoilers by checking to see if they are still last or not. So, here's what I have. Any other suggestions about where to post it? (Or other suggestions.) I'll be comaing soon, so chat amongst yourselves overnix and when I return I'll see if I can figure out putting it somewhere so we can start sigging it. (Which will not end the comment period.) And, I want to reiterate, this isn't intended to be mine, but ours.

[color=#008040]How to Time.
There are many ways to properly enjoy Time. The best way is the one that suits you best. This can change. Do not feel you must enjoy Time the way anyone else does if that way does not suit you. Do not feel you must continue enjoying it the same way if it stops suiting you. Some options include:
1. Reading it all from beginning to end.
2. Jumping in where you find it, and continuing.
3. Skimming and skipping as you see fit.
4. Reading the latest page or so each time you come.
5. Ignoring the thread completely and using one of the tools to keep track of the comic.
6. Some combination of the above, or some other way not listed.

Posting as you go, or in large chunks can be done as you see fit. The forum does officially discourage double-posting, but in the thread we do ask that if you post the new picture it should be done in a new post. Other than that, probably shouldn't make it a habit.
I think our only other hard and fast rule is that overly flashy things need to be spoilered, as they can be dangerous.

We're a friendly bunch. We've made up some weird terms, we've got some weird traditions. Don't worry if you can't figure them out. Neither can we. Play along if you want, don't if you don't want. Ask if you want to know something. (Doesn't even have to be time related, we've got lots of other answers here too.) We pretend to be serious, but aren't, and that's the fun of it.

*by fair, I mean, reasonable, just. Not fair as a rating as in good, fair, poor.
Edited to remove spurious tag.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

azule
Saved

Re: Naughty or not

Postby azule » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:59 am UTC

ggh wrote:Belated congrats on your 500th in-thread post, Azule!
I like how my congratulations was connected with tampons. lol. :P Thanks, I mean to say. :)

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

ChronosDragon

Remember to practice Safe Waiting, kids!

Postby ChronosDragon » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:08 am UTC

spamjam wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:
HES wrote:
Spoiler:

What do those two lines have to do with molpysperm?
Or is it an example of beesnake(s) liking banana(s)?

Ha ha, didn't even see the resemblance to spermolpy. I was just pointing out that it looked like a :3 face.

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:09 am UTC

Do I have to ONG all the ONGing arONGd here?

ergman

Re: Remember to practice Safe Waiting, kids!

Postby ergman » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:19 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
HES wrote:
Spoiler:

Ha! I was going to recommend that HES replace me in his sig with this, but he already changed it, which is great. Its weird, that was such a stupid line ('is that a slab in your pocket etc.') but having it sigged so early in my time here made me feel like I belonged, for some reason.
.....garsh. is that nostalgia in my pocket or am I happy to see youse? :)
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

HES

Dang, missed my quarter-round-number-milestone post

Postby HES » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:27 am UTC

ergman wrote:Ha! I was going to recommend that HES replace me in his sig with this, but he already changed it, which is great. Its weird, that was such a stupid line ('is that a slab in your pocket etc.') but having it sigged so early in my time here made me feel like I belonged, for some reason.
.....garsh. is that nostalgia in my pocket or am I happy to see youse? :)

Ha, well; it made me laugh, I was siggless, and being replied to so early in my time here made me feel like I belonged, for some reason. Glad we could help each other out 8-)
(But yeah, it made little sense out of context)

Are they just going to sit there whilst it flies off-screen again or is something interesting going to happen? I have to coma soon.
Last edited by HES on Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:32 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:32 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:Do I have to ONG all the ONGing arONGd here?

No, you could leave one for poor newpixbot. Image
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Eternal Density

Imagine a molpy shirt...

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:49 am UTC

I went Outside in the cold walking and nearly photographed a mob of molpies for you guys but while I was whipping out my phone, they all hopped away :(
How about them apples?
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

taixzo

Re: Imagine a molpy shirt...

Postby taixzo » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:58 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:I went Outside in the cold walking and nearly photographed a mob of molpies for you guys but while I was whipping out my phone, they all hopped away :(
How about them apples?

Were they ribbitmolpies or rabbitmolpies?
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

jjjdavidson

Postby jjjdavidson » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:02 am UTC

BuggONG out...
ETA: Oooops. Sorry, newpixbot!
Last edited by jjjdavidson on Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:13 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Don't wait for me.
He won! He won! He won!

HES

SWOOSH

Postby HES » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:04 am UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:BuggONG out...

Hope there's nothing lurking in the weowplybush...
He/Him/His Image

Eternal Density

Emphasis added

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:08 am UTC

Why are Cuegan so transfixed by the beesnake?
taixzo wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:I went Outside in the cold walking and nearly photographed a mob of molpies for you guys but while I was whipping out my phone, they all hopped away :(
How about them apples?

No.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

HES

Re: Emphasis added

Postby HES » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:18 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Why are Cuegan so transfixed by the beesnake?
taixzo wrote:
How about them apples?

No.

Kangamolpies?
He/Him/His Image

ergman

Re: Emphasis added

Postby ergman » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:21 am UTC

taixzo wrote:
How about them apples?

No.

catmolpies on pogosticks?

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

BlueCrab

Postby BlueCrab » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:33 am UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:
Miller & Surlykke (2001) wrote:Freely flying, unidentified moths exhibit a variety of behavioral responses to bats and to synthetic batlike signals (Roeder 1967a; for recent results, refer to Acharya and Fenton 1992). Moths far from the source often turn and fly away, whereas those close to the source show zigzag and looping flight, power dives, or passive falls.

New info on that: it turns out that at least some moths actually use jamming signals along with their evasive maneuvers. 8-)

Would be cool to see a baptor...

Completely off-topic but too good to not share: after 5 yips of precipitous decline, fireflies are suddenly almost back to normal numbers in my neighborhood.
Wiki Wiki Wiki Wiki Grapevine, Grapevine

"Kvetcher-upper" -- one who complains while ketchupping? - CasCat

“Pretty much everything tastes better if you eat it in the shower.” - ggh

HES

Serenity

Postby HES » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:43 am UTC

BlueCrab wrote:Completely off-topic but too good to not share: after 5 yips of precipitous decline, fireflies are suddenly almost back to normal numbers in my neighborhood.

What's the normal number of Multi-purpose Mid-bulk transport spacecraft in your neighbourhood?
He/Him/His Image

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:48 am UTC

BlueCrab wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:

New info on that: it turns out that at least some moths actually use jamming signals along with their evasive maneuvers. 8-)

Completely off-topic but too good to not share: after 5 yips of precipitous decline, fireflies are suddenly almost back to normal numbers in my neighborhood.

A baptor...a.k.a., a carnivorous dinosaur with bat wings...

So...

A dragon? :P

jjjdavidson

Postby jjjdavidson » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:49 am UTC

I've got a request for any Waiter that's interested. I'm working on another idea, and I'd like to know: What were the most significant frames for you? Not your favorite frames in retrospect, but the ones that made the biggest impression in real time─the ones that encouraged you to keep following Time, no matter how long it went on.

Specifically, I'd like for you to please make me two lists:
  1. The five (or six or whatever) newpix that gave you the biggest "Neat!" or "OMR!" or "Wow!" or "D'awwww!" reaction when you first saw them. (If it was a series of frames, I'd like the one that first seemed particularly impressive.)
  2. Your five (or whatever) biggest cliffhangers: the individual newpix that had you most anxious to see what came next.
...Except that I don't necessarily want your actual top five, because I'm listing some of the most obvious below. You can skip these in your lists:
    Wow!/Neat frames:
  • np219 - Megan's trebuchet first seen in action
  • np403 - Megan's tiny trebuchet
  • np1503 - The "Wow" trees
  • np2139 - The beesnake gets eaten
    Cliffhangers:
  • np971 - The Fading goes pure white
  • np2226-2235 ─ From "Look out!" to Megan driving off the rowrmolpy
Please keep your two lists separate! If you don't remember the exact newpix, don't kill yourself trying to find it; just give me a usable description. If you spoiler your lists (say, to keep from influencing other Waiters), please put "jjj survey" or "jjjsurvey" somewhere outside the spoiler, so I don't accidentally skim past it.

If you're not interested, that's fine with me─please don't feel the least bit obligated. If you only want to do one list or the other, that's fine too.

And no rush! Don't feel like you have to do it this cnp, or even this xip. I'll collect these for at least the next couple of wips, then (hopefully) I'll use the results as data for another analysis I've been thinking about. Wait for it...

Thanks!
Jay
Edited because my emphasis wasn't clear.
Last edited by jjjdavidson on Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:14 pm UTC, edited 3 times in total.
Don't wait for me.
He won! He won! He won!

BytEfLUSh

Postby BytEfLUSh » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:58 am UTC

I'm going to do a buffygirl thing here, so just you know we are people and we do get ... what do you call thet "inebriated" or something :D

And i have not much to say but really? There was a flyingmoply there and no THWAP! there? I might have launched a photoshop, but it's too late it flew away :)

-- Professor Dan, The Man from Earth (paraphrased)

HES

Coma coma coma coma coma chamaeleon...

Postby HES » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:00 am UTC

COMA-ONG
Sorry newpixbot, maybe next time
He/Him/His Image

BytEfLUSh

Postby BytEfLUSh » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:00 am UTC

22 q
And do your ONGs properly I tell za :D

Spoiler:

It couldbeen THWAP'd!!

ETA: It's the same molpy! It's actually a Kittyfacebbeesnake! It Molpymorphed! :D

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:06 am UTC

BytEfLUSh wrote:22 q

Spoiler:

It couldbeen THWAP'd!!

ETA: It's the same molpy! It's actually a Kittyfacebbeesnake! It Molpymorphed! :D

Your inebriated ramblings have valuable insight. Clearly we are dealing with a shapeshifting molpy - it could be more dangerous than previously thought!

ETA: Molpymorphosis is such a great portmanteau :D

BytEfLUSh

Postby BytEfLUSh » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:08 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
BytEfLUSh wrote:22 q

Spoiler:

It couldbeen THWAP'd!!

Your inebriated ramblings have valuable insight. Clearly we are dealing with a shapeshifting molpy - it could be more dangerous than previously thought!

My valueables are most inebriated when molpy... And shift that!

Yeah, I'm trying too hard I guess :p

ggh

Postby ggh » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:14 am UTC

SBN wrote:Here's a quick cut at what I'd put in intro to time. Opinions welcomed, coveted even. Especially, but not exclusively, from the newer members. As suggested, I wouldn't try to put links in, and I did deliberately leave out the terminology, but what does everyone else think?

How to Time.
There are many ways to properly enjoy Time. The best way is the one that suits you best. This can change. Do not feel you must enjoy Time the way anyone else does if that way does not suit you. Do not feel you must continue enjoying it the same way if it stops suiting you. Some options include:
1. Reading it all from beginning to end.
2. Jumping in where you find it, and continuing.
3. Skimming and skipping as you see fit.
4. Reading the latest page or so each time you come.
5. Ignoring the thread completely and using one of the tools to keep track of the comic.
6. Some combination of the above, or some other way not listed.

Posting as you go, or in large chunks can be done as you see fit. The forum does officially discourage double-posting, but in the thread we pretty much don't care, except that if you post the new picture it should be done in a new post.
I think our only other hard and fast rule is that overly flashy things need to be spoilered, as they can be dangerous.

We're a friendly bunch. We've made up some weird terms, we've got some weird traditions. Don't worry if you can't figure them out. Neither can we. Play along if you want, don't if you don't want. Ask if you want to know something. (Doesn't even have to be time related, we've got lots of other answers here too.)

I love this! I wish I could express myself so well!

Oh, And thanks for your wonderful molpy BlitzGirl! :) I know though that I get grumpy sometimes when I feel like there's too much to keep up with, and I feel like I've seen the same in others - I think it's usually at the root of our near-flames. And this group is so brilliant to hang out with - so much fun, and so bloody enlightening at times - I just want to throw a bit of lube on whatever might be causing friction.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

Goggalor

Postby Goggalor » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:18 am UTC

BlueCrab wrote:Completely off-topic but too good to not share: after 5 yips of precipitous decline, fireflies are suddenly almost back to normal numbers in my neighborhood.

I was on a date the other night and saw lightning bugs for the first time in a terribly long time. It was really quite amazing. I was upset that I didn't have a mason jar around in order to relive my childhood.

Oh and to be slightly-kinda off-topic: I just discovered the OTT-OTC Steam group. I approve of it.
Keeper Of The Bags, Protector Of Puns
A Timewaiter from the very beginning to the bitter end.1
1but not from beginning to end to beginning since I'm not a loopist

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Molpymorphosis really is a great portmanteau!

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:31 am UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:Image
BlitzGirl, that little guy is too cute to be legal. Any chance that you'll animate him?

Thanks :) (and thanks to everyone who complimented him!) Animation is not my forte, so I don't think so. :wink: But here's one of his gif-bretheren to watch: Image

And now: a-coma-ing I'll go, a-coma-ing I'll go...
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

It's all related because River Tam

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:40 am UTC

ergman wrote:
taixzo wrote:
How about them apples?

No.

catmolpies on pogosticks?
No.
HES wrote:
Kangamolpies?
Yes.

Praise Nathan Fillion! (Or Owl City)

BlitzGirl

Groundhog dip sounds rather unappetizing.

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:55 am UTC

One last thing before I coma:
hdhale wrote:At some point you'll figure out what I ripped off for my dialogue and you'll become profoundly sad. Love means never having to say you're sorry you know.

*google* *shrug* Never heard of the quote before, nor the movie it's quoted from. Didn't even recognize it as a quote. Of course, the movie did come out 20 yips before my birth, so I shall shamelessly use that as my excuse. I do recognize the "sorry" quote (heard it before in various situations) but had no clue as to its source. 80s movies I can usually catch references from. 70s are hit-and-miss. As for the yip 1970, I recognize by title only about ten movies on this list. And of those, I've maybe seen half.

This makes me sad for the babies born this year who, in 2036, will have never heard of Groundhog Dip.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

BlitzGirl

Okay, two things before I coma.

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:04 am UTC

SayonarONG beesnake:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ergman

Postby ergman » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:26 am UTC

Aight jjj, I'll play your game:
jjjsurvey (in no order):
Spoiler:
Favorites :
1. 2270 -A beautiful shade of red
2. 1604 -in conjuncture with 1603, a great message.
3. 1622 -Its ok! I won't eat you! (yet)
4. 1934 -wonderful wowterful. any other frame of it is also exceptable
5. 1354 -just a nice scene by the neat tree
Suspenseful :
1. 1434 -why did Megan fall?
2. 1886 -Assasins? Romace? Childishness?
3. 1932 -putting the wow in wowterfall.
4. 2061 -did hedgemolpy survive?
5. 881 -this bye, so small and sad, made me think it was over.
note: I find that there are a lot of things that I liked that couldn't really be represented in one frame, like Cuegan sliding in the sand.

addams

Postby addams » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:46 am UTC

BlueCrab wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:

Completely off topic:
Spoiler:
Fire filies!

They are amazing! I have seen them.
I honetly thought Fire flies were made up.
I was an adult. I was an educated adult but the subject had not, really, come up, much.

People had told me they had seen fire flies.
Other people had told me they had seen UFO's.(shrug.)
Other people told me they had seen Grimlins. (shrug.)

I am not Hyper-judgmental.
But; Some things I take with a grain of Salt.

Well; I started listening to people talk about Fire Flies.
I wanted to see this thing. It was a long way from here.
It was amazing.

They Are like something Magical!
It was so strange. I felt like I was losing my depth perception.
I could not tell how far away from me The Lights were!

You are so fortunate to be able to see a Wonder of Nature.
I went night after night to look at the Flashing Lights.

It seemed they should have made a sound.
Like Fairies from Disney Movies.

Fire Flies are Real! It is wonderful that the numbers are going back up.
There have been a few sighted out west. Not many.

There are Glow Worms here. I have seen the Glow Worms, once.
I did not know what they were. So; It frightened me.

Human! We respond to Strange lights with Fear. (shrug.)
It is a beautiful World. Did all of Your people understand Fire Flies, always?

My mother told me about them.
I thought, "Maybe. Maybe she is making it up the way she and her girlfriends make up Kitchen Witches."

Of course, I Said, "I believed in Fire Flies."
Now; I do! With the Internet, everyone believes in Fire Flies.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

spamjam

Orange you glad I didn't say banana?

Postby spamjam » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:00 am UTC

KNOCKKNOCKONG

wizpretz

Re: Groundhog dip sounds rather unappetizing.

Postby wizpretz » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:01 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote: As for the yip 1970, I recognize by title only about ten movies on this list. And of those, I've maybe seen half.

From that list I've heard of 4 or 5 at the most of which I've seen none. Although I am a good bit younger than you and I've only recently gotten into watching good and often older movies.

Eternal Density

I might have burnt my fingers slightly holding that.

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:21 am UTC

I made al'you muffins.
muffins.jpg

I didn't have enough to fill two dozen.

Yes, a long walk home indeed. And yay for an incoming ONG!
Last edited by Eternal Density on Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:24 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

xpatiate

So... it has come to this.

Postby xpatiate » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:22 am UTC

Homeward bound. Will we ever get to find out what's on top of the mountain?

BlitzGirl

Has been trying to coma but brain won't shut up.

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:25 am UTC

I call the muffin in the bottom left corner of the muffins! :D

Hmm. What is Megan getting at?

River) It's Time to turn around, since reaching the summit of the mountain will be rough on an injured leg.
Sea) Let's not go home. Let's live here. Walking anywhere right now will be rough.
Tree) Let's catch Lucky and ride her. Hopefully she takes us in a direction we want to go. No walking required.

Or, none of the above? :wink:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ergman

Groundhog Dix sounds even worse

Postby ergman » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:27 am UTC

addams wrote:
BlueCrab wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:

Completely off topic:
Spoiler:
Fire filies!

They are amazing! I have seen them.
I honetly thought Fire flies were made up.
I was an adult. I was an educated adult but the subject had not, really, come up, much.

People had told me they had seen fire flies.
Other people had told me they had seen UFO's.(shrug.)
Other people told me they had seen Grimlins. (shrug.)

I am not Hyper-judgmental.
But; Some things I take with a grain of Salt.

Well; I started listening to people talk about Fire Flies.
I wanted to see this thing. It was a long way from here.
It was amazing.

They Are like something Magical!
It was so strange. I felt like I was losing my depth perception.
I could not tell how far away from me The Lights were!

You are so fortunate to be able to see a Wonder of Nature.
I went night after night to look at the Flashing Lights.

It seemed they should have made a sound.
Like Fairies from Disney Movies.

Fire Flies are Real! It is wonderful that the numbers are going back up.
There have been a few sighted out west. Not many.

There are Glow Worms here. I have seen the Glow Worms, once.
I did not know what they were. So; It frightened me.

Human! We respond to Strange lights with Fear. (shrug.)
It is a beautiful World. Did all of Your people understand Fire Flies, always?

My mother told me about them.
I thought, "Maybe. Maybe she is making it up the way she and her girlfriends make up Kitchen Witches."

Of course, I Said, "I believed in Fire Flies."
Now; I do! With the Internet, everyone believes in Fire Flies.

I don't really know what to make of this, but I like it. Hello Addams, and goodnight mrs. Mobteeseboose, wherever you are.
Edit: not here apparently......

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”