1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

buffygirl
Cardinal

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby buffygirl » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:01 am UTC

SBN wrote:1<snip>
My Very Efficient Mnemonic Just Screwed Up. No Pluto.
2Increasing Velocity eXceeds Limits, Causing Dangerous Momentum.

I LURVE your mnemonics! Even whey they screw up!

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Ketchup Time!

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:02 am UTC

slinches wrote:Slowly servONG newpix1
Spoiler:

Glad to see Cue made it across safely and they're both on their way. It would have been rather embarrassing if he slipped after Megan cleared it easily with an injured leg.

1The OTC image didn't resolve properly until 5 minHafter the hourH

Edit: I accidentally disobeyed a papal decree. :oops: Good thing I don't recognize the legitimacy of page papacies. :mrgreen:

But we know you disobeyed it.
Have you ever watched Ghost? Specifically, the scene of when Willie dies?

CameronCat wrote:<snip> they clearly have a "Whoa!" reaction as the Whatzit emerges into view <snip>

Whatzit. Sounds better than molpy.

Kieryn wrote:@ttscp, I was just thinking about your signature…

ttscp wrote:the largest group you are a part of.

Would that be the Virgo Supercluster, or some larger group of stuff? The whole Observable Universe perhaps?

ttscp wrote:Always act to increase the survival chances of

Does this mean we should all be working in cosmology to establish the fate of the VS or OU, and discover what we might be able to do should it seem to have a projected termination point?

I'll point out that the first TLTW original revisions reminded people of a solution to this problem, proposed by a certain doctor…

Vytron wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Psst - Vytron, if you happen this way, may I request a LaPetite smiley to go with our Cuegan ones?

OMBG! A request from my goddess*, a custom smiley!

Sorry! But that's unpossible! The Megball and Cueball ones were possible because GLR made full frontal shots of them, and those shots were turned into smileys, but there's no such full frontal shot of LaPetite, only side-wide shots!

So, we'll have to wait it (LaPetite appearing in the OTC from a full frontal angle)

HOWEVER, IFF you can't wait for it, or you believe the OTT should go beyond the unpossible, click the following spoiler!
Spoiler:

*heresy

As another doctor taught me, our mission as human beings is to
Spoiler:

ttscp wrote:(Any resemblance to the OTC in the following is purely coincidental. In particular the protagonist 'He' is not Cuegan, although his adventures are similar.)

All around him was grey. All he could see, all he could smell, all he could hear, all he could feel. It felt oddly comforting, caressing his body like a cool fog.
Spoiler:
Through the fog he could dimly hear something. Wavelike, rising and falling, undulating slowly in a rhythm coincident and counterpoint to his own bodily rhythms.

He took a step forward. A sea.

He stood at the edge watching the ebb and flow of the waves for a mulititude of cycles. It seemed to him that the waves were coming closer. Was the sea rising?

He began to walk along the edge of the sea.

The sun rose and set and rose and set again. He slept and woke and walked.

He came to a river and turned inland. The sea had definitely risen, now the land slowly rose.

The sun rose and set. He slept, dreaming of potential falls, woke and continued.

Plants formed ahead of him. Small at first, along the river's edge.

He watched a creature fly over.

Bushes and trees appeared, getting larger as he walked.

He walked and slept and walked again.

Berries appeared on the bushes, sustenance. He ate them, adding another rhythm of his own to the many now in existence.

Small creatures rustled in the grass, scurrying away or following him. He entered and left a stand of giant trees and found cultivated grapes. Cultivated? By whom?

Further on other artifacts appeared. Not natural? What was natural for this grey goo world?

The going was steeper now, the land rising almost in proportion to the complexity of life he found around him.

He reached a high point and looked back. The sea was still rising.

Small creatures accompanied him. Some he saw, others he heard, and others he did not notice. He tried feeding one but it ran up a tree.

Once he was startled by a snake and fell. The snake did not appear poisonous, but the goo was getting ideas.

He then saw one flying creature feeding another smaller one. Was the goo taking those ideas from him?

Whatever was happening, the world was beautiful, and getting more so each cycle. He saw a waterfall and a flying creature with beautiful wings. He did not see the creature eaten by another as it flew.

He reached another artifact. A shelter. And at the shelter a rustling in the bushes.

There was more to see, more to do. There always is.

But the rustling in the bushes became a creature, large and dark, who leapt at him, tore at him with claws and jaws and left him bleeding.

And as he dissolved from consciousness he was welcomed back by the rising sea of grey goo, each nano - his and theirs: body and creature, artifact and bush, part and whole - bounced for joy at the adventure.

Who would have thought that sight could be so wonderful, that smell and touch and taste were some amazing, and that taste could rapture?

ETA: second story I've posted, I broke my own record.

I'm sure I'm missing something on this one.
Perhaps I should recalibrate my systems.

Last but not least, in case you don't see me for the rest of the yip, it's because I'll be helping to control one of these:
Spoiler:
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:03 am UTC

Megan passONG Cueball...
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:04 am UTC

"Ding dONG, ding dONG,
Your head's gone wrONG ..."
Spoiler:
"... Two screws are loose,
Your head's no use!"

-----------------------------
Ninja'd by jjjdavidson.

Spoiler:
And I finally understand the frustration of thinking you got the ONG, but-ya didn't. This was my first try at an ONG. I had it, I clicked submit, I clicked "see submission" or whatever it says, and there was nothing. And I refreshed, and still nothing, not mine, not anyone else's. I got grumpy (that's a term I use a lot, not an actual reference to any other grumpy person who has ever been on the OTT). I do it again. And I've been ninja'd!

Right, and so this is my first attempt at an ONG because I finally thought of something that I don't think has been done yet (if it has, please break it to me gently), and I saw the clock, saw there was no ONG and thought "WOO HOO!!".

Anyway. I am obviously feeling very prolific tonight. I am now asking for appreciation of my fabulous ONG, even though I was ninja'd. Thank you.

MWAH!
EDIT: to spoiler my narrative, for simplicity's sake!
Last edited by buffygirl on Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:11 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

SkUrRiEr

Postby SkUrRiEr » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:10 am UTC

Ketchup!

jovialbard wrote:
mscha wrote:Moved from an edit on the last post of the previous NP. That's why I hate that double post rule so much. Nobody posts, so you edit your previous post; by the time you're finished, people have posted already and half the otters won't see your addition.

I kinda agree. I think the intent of the rule is to avoid qualifications and modifications in new posts. So suppose this post had a splleing error in it. To post again as a correction for the spelling would be a waste of everyone's time. But I think double posting on a new topic is a perfectly sensible thing to do so long as you avoid conversing with yourself. That's the crux, though. I think the rule is intentionally overambitious because many netizens lack the capacity of self-awareness necessary to distinguish an internal dialogue from a new topic.

I've used forums with plugins that automatically compress double posts, which makes it easier.

Kieryn wrote:
ttscp wrote:Nano-machines assembling into molpies as necessary?

Oooh. That does invoke a semi-novel idea...

Inside of GLR's time comic AI/script, there is another script for a sort of universal constructor (UC) which is how the comic generates new creatures, concepts etc. Maybe this is another bug in the script, or maybe a significant evolution point? The AI is trying to break out of it's prime function of telling the time-story... Is the AI is trying to communicate with us directly? Is it trying something new, after we ignored it's prior mustard-based calls?

Obligatory Other Comic: https://xkcd.com/505/

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:14 am UTC

No molpies detected in the current scene, so far.
And with that, I bid y'all good coma.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

HES

ma ma ma ma ma ma ma ma mad mad mad

Postby HES » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:19 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:Last but not least, in case you don't see me for the rest of the yip, it's because I'll be helping to control one of these:
Spoiler:

How does one control a crashed vessel? Or is that an "after" shot of your handiwork?

Congratulations on the nearlyong,
buffygirl wrote:MWAH!
I've missed this. The hint of madness in the exclamation mark is beautiful.
(At least, that's how I read it. Sorry if madness isn't intended, or known)
He/Him/His Image

AluisioASG

Papal decree

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:20 am UTC

The Papal Council (i.e. Image and me) requests a Hemidactylus frenatus pope smiley and asks Timewaiters to listen to good music, 'cause everything's gonna be alright (with Megan).
Selecting new quote…

yappobiscuits

OTTer Smileys!

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:26 am UTC

I made some smileys! Can you guess who this lot are...

Image Image Image Image Image

This is just the first set of 10, so don't worry if you haven't been smileyficated yet, I'm gonna do more! If you want to be included in a future set, just say so :D

Attachments:
Spoiler:
OTTSmileys-aluisioasg.gif
OTTSmileys-aluisioasg.gif (1.48 KiB) Viewed 17864 times
OTTSmileys-angelastic.gif
OTTSmileys-angelastic.gif (420 Bytes) Viewed 17864 times
OTTSmileys-blitzgirl.gif
OTTSmileys-blitzgirl.gif (727 Bytes) Viewed 17864 times
OTTSmileys-chronosdragon.gif
OTTSmileys-chronosdragon.gif (835 Bytes) Viewed 17864 times
OTTSmileys-ergman.gif
OTTSmileys-ergman.gif (1.34 KiB) Viewed 17864 times
OTTSmileys-hes.gif
OTTSmileys-hes.gif (1.24 KiB) Viewed 17864 times
OTTSmileys-kbookbinder.gif
OTTSmileys-kbookbinder.gif (1.77 KiB) Viewed 17864 times
OTTSmileys-kenmelken.gif
OTTSmileys-kenmelken.gif (491 Bytes) Viewed 17864 times
OTTSmileys-mscha.gif
OTTSmileys-mscha.gif (1.31 KiB) Viewed 17864 times
OTTSmileys-slinches.gif
OTTSmileys-slinches.gif (1.47 KiB) Viewed 17866 times
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

Eternal Density

He leaped into the outstretched arms.

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:28 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:"Ding dONG, ding dONG,
Spoiler:
Your head's no use!"

Ninja'd by jjjdavidson.

And I finally understand the frustration of thinking you got the ONG, but-ya didn't. This was my first try at an ONG. I had it, I clicked submit, I clicked "see submission" or whatever it says, and there was nothing. And I refreshed, and still nothing, not mine, not anyone else's. I got grumpy (that's a term I use a lot, not an actual reference to any other grumpy person who has ever been on the OTT). I do it again. And I've been ninja'd!

Right, and so this is my first attempt at an ONG because I finally thought of something that I don't think has been done yet (if it has, please break it to me gently), and I saw the clock, saw there was no ONG and thought "WOO HOO!!".

Anyway. I am obviously feeling very prolific tonight. I am now asking for appreciation of my fabulous ONG, even though I was ninja'd. Thank you.

MWAH!

I thought yours was pretty clever (I like to see more than just "a word or twONG"on occasion) and wish you luck in getting future ONGs. You were only a centinewpix behind!

Re: Papal decree
I've been trying to ignore the music that's been stuck in my head since I uncomaed but if I must listen, then I just :P
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

I have a smiley! It is mine and it is my smiley!

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:29 am UTC

Squee!
Thanks, yappo!

Those are some interesting plants at the foot of the tree on the right. (I thought they were raptors at first glance.)

buffygirl wrote:RE: Right/ Left and East/ West
Spoiler:
(didja notice that Right is East and Left is West, thus, confusion with one might be related to confusion with the other. This is consistent with finding Up/ Down much easier, as well as North/ South. Then there's that physics mirror thing of up/down vs left/right … It's all related!)

I don't remember what it is that finally clicked for me with left vs right. Occasionally I still have problems, but now I have a wedding ring on my left hand, so I can cheat. Also, for a long time I used "Now We Shall Eat," which goes counterclockwise (I could remember counterclockwise, probably because it involves movement -- see below).

I got confused regarding East vs West for AGES - until I moved from the East coast to the West coast. Then, somehow, picturing the map, knowing where California is, and knowing it's on the West Coast (living in CA you can't not know you live on the West Coast -- it is part of the nomenclature) made it all clear to me! In the broader worldly sense, learning that "The Western World" is Europe and the US, and "The East" is Asia (from a Western-O-Centric perspective), I was able to make a similar distinction.

except when I'm driving.

I will admit - when driving, if I need to choose either an East or West exit, I have to envision a map. Then I say, "ok, California is West, and I want to go toward the ocean (to which I'm nearest, i.e. the Atlantic1), so I should choose East." I need to go through this mental exercise every time. E.ve.ry. time. Even on exits I've done a hundred times.

I actually have a LOT of those types of mnemonic devices (that term is not limited to auditory or word associations, right?). You should see what I do when memorizing phone numbers and other numbers! For example, if the last four numbers of the phone number are 2367, I'd say "2+3 equals 6, plus 1 equals 7." For some reason, when I manipulate the numbers in this sort of manner, I remember them better; otherwise they are just a random sequence of numbers.

Similarly, when memorizing what I need from the grocery store, I'll envision the layout of the store, and put the number "3" in produce (apples, mushrooms, shallots), "2" in dairy (butter and yogurt), and "2" in cereal (Cheerios and Raisin Bran). Once I break it down by visual sections (i.e. envisioning the space), I can remember up to three items in each section, for up to two or three sections. But I can't do more than a grand total of about eight. Beyond that I'll need a written list. So yes, I cannot just memorize a list of eight. If I do just memorize a list, I can do a list of five. More than that and I need to use a tool.

I am what they call a "kinesthetic" learner. I am also an "auditory" learner, and for me, I learn best when the two are combined. Kinesthetic refers to the use of space, the idea of movement, and the ways these interact with one another, which is what makes it quite different from being a "visual" learner (in case you were wondering).

This sort of thing fascinates me. I'm an incredibly visual learner.+ I've never had a problem with the compass rose; I usually just picture a map in my head. I remember being a little puzzled by left and right in second grade* (age 7) until I realized that left and right were relative directions, and shifted with the observer's orientation. That was an "aha" moment - after that, it made sense to me.

+Scored very very low in auditory and kinesthetic areas, was almost exclusively visual.
*Part of my problem came from the fact that my second-grade teacher, on the main wall of the classroom (the one which all the students faced) had affixed two posters reading LEFT and RIGHT on the left and right sides of that wall. Naturally, these remained fixed in those spots no matter which way you faced.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Re: OTTer Smileys!

Postby poxic » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:31 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:I made some smileys! Can you guess who this lot are..

Ooh, if only there were filenames that would help me out! :wink:

The challenge now, of course, is to be the first to spot one of the OTTilies elsewhere on the wobs, since everything gets stolen from everywhere. (It's a rule or something.)
In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
- Albert Schweitzer, philosopher, physician, musician, Nobel laureate (14 Jan 1875-1965)

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:35 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:I made some smileys! Can you guess who this lot are...

This is just the first set of 10, so don't worry if you haven't been smileyficated yet, I'm gonna do more! If you want to be included in a future set, just say so :D

Attachments:
Spoiler:
OTTSmileys-blitzgirl.gif
OTTSmileys-ergman.gif
OTTSmileys-hes.gif
OTTSmileys-kenmelken.gif
OTTSmileys-mscha.gif
OTTSmileys-slinches.gif

Eggscellent work (indeedI know I saw a GIF of this before...; I mean it)! Except with that 4-eared cyanotic pig.
And I can't see BlitzGirl's face... guess I'll have another nightmare tonight.
Last edited by AluisioASG on Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:39 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Selecting new quote…

jjjdavidson

Postby jjjdavidson » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:38 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:"Ding dONG, ding dONG,
Spoiler:
Your head's no use!"

Ninja'd by jjjdavidson.

And I finally understand the frustration of thinking you got the ONG, but-ya didn't.
Spoiler:
This was my first try at an ONG. I had it, I clicked submit, I clicked "see submission" or whatever it says, and there was nothing. And I refreshed, and still nothing, not mine, not anyone else's. I got grumpy (that's a term I use a lot, not an actual reference to any other grumpy person who has ever been on the OTT). I do it again. And I've been ninja'd!

MWAH!

Sorry! I was doing something else, and just happened to look up and see 08:00 on my screen, and posted an ONG. Sheer bad luck. But your ONG was much cleverer than mine.
Hint: You can type up your ONG in advance, in a spare tab, and just paste in the image link at the last moment. (Though that's not what I did this time.)
Don't wait for me.
He won! He won! He won!

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:38 am UTC

Image Image

Awesome!

Image Image

List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

HES

Postby HES » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:39 am UTC

I have no way to express how awesome these are.
Oh, yes I do:

If I'd remained a lurker I'd never have been hatted, gif'd or smiley'd... thanks for the presents y'all :D
He/Him/His Image

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:42 am UTC

It makes my heart happy that they're all hatted by the BuffyDashery! I mean, except Kenmelken, who was hatted by Hal9000, of course. And ChronosDragon whose current Avi is un-hatted. Erm, and AluisionASG, who is hatted by ... I don't remember. Anyway, they're all Hatted! Except ChronosDragon. Anyway -- WOOT!

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:45 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:

It makes my heart happy that they're all hatted by the BuffyDashery! I mean, except Kenmelken, who was hatted by Hal9000, of course. And ChronosDragon whose current Avi is un-hatted. Erm, and AluisioASG, who is hatted by ... I don't remember. Anyway, they're all Hatted! Except ChronosDragon. Anyway -- WOOT!

I was hatted, surprisingly, by ChronosDragon - special delivery.
Selecting new quote…

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:47 am UTC

ggh wrote:A further question, mostly for Jose and ergman, but anyone can chime in: Initially I asked about how to indicate that the Swords suit was going to be repurposed for Words, and at that time, my idea was to change it to "'sWords" but that was kinda clumsy, and I went with a slightly bigger space between s and w. But now, seeing your avatar, ergman, I wonder if I should instead either fade the S a bit, like, Swords, or instead of a straight fading, make it look like the card has a scuff or something over the S. What do you think?
I like the idea of a faded S, or an S that is really part of the graphic of the card (or background), so that the first impression one gets is "words". I also like the idea of just changing it to Words. I think that retains enough of the original to make the reference clear.

And I also want to add how awesome these cards are. I don't know if you made them all, or others have joined in, but they are truly spectacular.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:47 am UTC

Glad y'all like em ;)
AluisioASG wrote:Eggscellent work (indeedI know I saw a GIF of this before...; I mean it)! Except with that 4-eared cyanotic pig.

Hmm, I kinda overdid the lower set of ears... Yours was one of only two I drew completely from scratch (ChronosDragon was the other) rather than tracing over the existing avatar (or in BlitzGirl's case, using the existing Megan one as a base) because I wanted them face-on, and since Michael is clearly a Night Fury, I naturally used the most famous dragon of that species, Toothless, as reference, and he has those other flappy things as well as the main ears... that's what I was going for, but the lower set ended up too big.
Last edited by yappobiscuits on Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:49 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:48 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:And I can't see BlitzGirl's face... guess I'll have another nightmare tonight.

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Onward, my faceless army!
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:49 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:49 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:

It makes my heart happy that they're all hatted by the BuffyDashery! I mean, except Kenmelken, who was hatted by Hal9000, of course. And ChronosDragon whose current Avi is un-hatted. Erm, and AluisionASG, who is hatted by ... I don't remember. Anyway, they're all Hatted! Except ChronosDragon. Anyway -- WOOT!

Whee, Aluisio was hatted by me. Also YAY SMILEYS!

(Still open for hatting, BTW. HAL said I was on his list but if anyone wanted to get me an interim hat...)

jjjdavidson

Re: I have a smiley! It is mine and it is my smiley!

Postby jjjdavidson » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:51 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Those are some interesting plants at the foot of the tree on the right. (I thought they were raptors at first glance.)

Those aren't raptors, and they aren't plants!

123Adz321 is back, and hiding in the grass!

[upload spoiler ↓]
Spoiler:
123Adz321.png
123Adz321.png (6.94 KiB) Viewed 17778 times
Don't wait for me.
He won! He won! He won!

Eternal Density

The little molpy felt the creature hug him.

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:55 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:And I can't see BlitzGirl's face... guess I'll have another nightmare tonight.

Twelve little girls in two straight lines!
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:01 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:

Nooo! I meant for my creations to be used for fun, not evil! Image
Eternal Density wrote:Image

Twelve little girls in two straight lines!

A bit less scary. And fitting too, with the whole little French girl thing! Actually, there's a crossover I'd like to see...

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:03 am UTC

Attachments:
Spoiler:
The attachment OTTSmileys-aluisioasg.gif is no longer available
The attachment OTTSmileys-angelastic.gif is no longer available
The attachment OTTSmileys-blitzgirl.gif is no longer available
The attachment OTTSmileys-chronosdragon.gif is no longer available
The attachment OTTSmileys-ergman.gif is no longer available
The attachment OTTSmileys-hes.gif is no longer available
The attachment OTTSmileys-kbookbinder.gif is no longer available
The attachment OTTSmileys-kenmelken.gif is no longer available
The attachment OTTSmileys-mscha.gif is no longer available
The attachment OTTSmileys-slinches.gif is no longer available

If I come up with a more smileyable avatar, will you smiley me, please, Mr. Yappo? Oh, right, look what I have here!

Redundant image
Spoiler:
For Smiley.png
Buffy For Smiley
For Smiley.png (76.29 KiB) Viewed 17744 times

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:05 am UTC

First Madeline reference in over 500 newpages!
I always liked Madeline. I was little when I had my appendix out, and I got the book as a present. Madeline's not afraid of raptorcats, either:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:07 am UTC

Attachments:
Spoiler:
The attachment OTTSmileys-aluisioasg.gif is no longer available
The attachment OTTSmileys-angelastic.gif is no longer available
The attachment OTTSmileys-blitzgirl.gif is no longer available
The attachment OTTSmileys-chronosdragon.gif is no longer available
The attachment OTTSmileys-ergman.gif is no longer available
The attachment OTTSmileys-hes.gif is no longer available
The attachment OTTSmileys-kbookbinder.gif is no longer available
The attachment OTTSmileys-kenmelken.gif is no longer available
The attachment OTTSmileys-mscha.gif is no longer available
The attachment OTTSmileys-slinches.gif is no longer available

And because I feel indebted to you, yappobiscuits, here's one of your own!

Spoiler:
yappobiscuits.png
yappobiscuits.png (3.8 KiB) Viewed 17738 times

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:07 am UTC

OTT-smileys4! I'm looking forward to a turtle smiley :)

mscha wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:To obey the Master of Festivals, I read the article so many people talked about in the recent NPs. However, using this link I still see only 96 songs.

I had that once on the Dialogue page: when logged in, you'd see the latest version, when logged out, you'd see an older one. Was fixed when I did another update.
Just tried this on the Songs page – just a dummy update with 0 changes – and it seems to have helped; now 112 songs are listed in either case.

Thank you. It's working for me now.

BlitzGirl wrote:If yellow touches black, you're okay, Jack
But if yellow touches red, you're dead!

I think you got your first line wrong. See also here:
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:11 am UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:If yellow touches black, you're okay, Jack

I think you got your first line wrong. See also here:

I"m going back to "not sticking around to figure it out." That I can remember.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:12 am UTC

Oh, yeah, lemme try that again:
If red touches black, you're okay, Jack

Good thing there aren't any coral snakes hereabouts.

yappobiscuits wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:

Nooo! I meant for my creations to be used for fun, not evil! Image

Don't worry - I only use my armies of molpies and facelessness for good, these days. :D

jjjdavidson wrote:Image
Those aren't raptors, and they aren't plants!
Spoiler:
123Adz321 is back, and hiding in the grass!

Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:16 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:If I come up with a more smileyable avatar, will you smiley me, please, Mr. Yappo? Oh, right, look what I have here!

Yes ma'am! Image
ChronosDragon wrote:And because I feel indebted to you, yappobiscuits, here's one of your own!

Whee! Thanks! Image
ZoomanSP wrote:OTT-smileys4! I'm looking forward to a turtle smiley :)

You are also in the SQM! (Smiley Queue Mob)

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:17 am UTC

Awesomeful! Image

I think I've got them all figured out but this goofy looking one:
Spoiler:
Thanks! I'm honored just to be included

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:32 am UTC

Attachments:
Spoiler:
OTTSmileys-blitzgirl.gif
OTTSmileys-ergman.gif
OTTSmileys-hes.gif
OTTSmileys-kenmelken.gif
OTTSmileys-mscha.gif
OTTSmileys-slinches.gif

I...I do not know what to say. Once again, the OTT has proven to be the savior of a terrible day. Thank you!! Image

Hm. OK. I am not the smiliest guy in the cave, but that is what mrgreen is for :mrgreen:
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

AluisioASG

Delta, Mike! 214, 214, 11!

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:33 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Glad y'all like em ;)
AluisioASG wrote:Eggscellent work (indeedI know I saw a GIF of this before...; I mean it)! Except with that 4-eared cyanotic pig.

Hmm, I kinda overdid the lower set of ears... Yours was one of only two I drew completely from scratch (ChronosDragon was the other) rather than tracing over the existing avatar (or in BlitzGirl's case, using the existing Megan one as a base) because I wanted them face-on, and since Michael is clearly a Night Fury, I naturally used the most famous dragon of that species, Toothless, as reference, and he has those other flappy things as well as the main ears... that's what I was going for, but the lower set ended up too big.

This is the reference for the flaps (for lack of a better name):
Spoiler:

(I wished he wasn't so clearly a Night Fury. I still need to work on this.)

BlitzGirl wrote:

Sigh... I only know one way to counteract this, and I surely will regret it.
I'd be careful to open the spoiler below.

ACHTUNG!
Spoiler:

(Sorry, I couldn't stand the thought of listening to the right one.)
*ding, dong
Selecting new quote…

BlitzGirl

Plant things.

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:35 am UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Those are some interesting plants at the foot of the tree on the right. (I thought they were raptors at first glance.)

<snip>

Hmm. I wonder if these are some variety of aloe plant? If so, might Megan use them on her wound?
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

IceIsNice

Postby IceIsNice » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:54 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
jjjdavidson wrote:

<snip>

Hmm. I wonder if these are some variety of aloe plant? If so, might Megan use them on her wound?

Definitely interesting-looking. 'Allo, plant!
Hi! Probably.

ergman

Postby ergman » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:56 am UTC

Attachments:
Spoiler:
OTTSmileys-blitzgirl.gif
OTTSmileys-ergman.gif
OTTSmileys-hes.gif
OTTSmileys-kenmelken.gif
OTTSmileys-mscha.gif
OTTSmileys-slinches.gif

WoW!Image I'm A little overwhelmed by all the things people are giving for me lately.
This thing is going in my signature Image
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

wizpretz

Postby wizpretz » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:57 am UTC

Attachments:
Spoiler:
OTTSmileys-blitzgirl.gif
OTTSmileys-ergman.gif
OTTSmileys-hes.gif
OTTSmileys-kenmelken.gif
OTTSmileys-mscha.gif
OTTSmileys-slinches.gif

Nice work! It would be awesome if you could make one for me, even though I haven't posted much I'm bound to get up there in Time.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”