1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

mscha

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mscha » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:28 am UTC

mittagleffler wrote:Well, we can in fact not unambiguously say that they have been sleeping since the beginning of Time. The "sleeping wherever they were" could refer to before we started following them. Probably not, but still.

Yes, we can.
Dialogue from the Comic wrote:2303.1 Cueball We need help.
2304.1 Megan Do you think we should keep going up?
2305.1 Cueball We can't be more than a day or so from the top. There may be people there.
2306.1 Megan Like the people in the hills?
2306.2 Cueball We're a long way from there.
2307.1 Cueball We don't know what's past the mountains. If we go up a little more, we'll be able to see. There could be villages.
2308.1 Megan And if there's no one there, we won't be much farther from home than we are now.

If they haven't slept since the beginning of Time, then they built the castles and walked all the way over here in a day, and it would make no sense to climb another day to the top of the mountain, instead of walking home. Cueball may not be the brightest ball on the table, but he's not that dense. (And Megan even less so.)

ETA: awesome mashup, BlitzGirl! Image
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

CameronCat

Postby CameronCat » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:34 am UTC

Ximenez, Ucim and others wrote:
Asimov: Nightfall. Awesome short story - the best he has ever written ...

I knew I liked hanging around here; Asimov fans are good company anywhere. "Nightfall" is arguably his best, but my all-time favorite short story is "The Nine Billion Names of God" -- the final sentence stunned me in my younger years, and still does today. The set-up is brilliant. Let us hope that we're not being set up for a similar outcome in the OTC.

Prediction: all cats are black in the dark.
Last edited by CameronCat on Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:38 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Apprentice Curmudgeon by appointment to the Order of the Holy Contradiction
Knight Luminary and Second Prelate of the Proscenium
It's all related

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:34 am UTC

Heehee! Absolutely brilliant, Image!

I actually really want to see that film now, no matter how ludicrously scientifically inaccurate...
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:36 am UTC

Thanks, xuys! :)

mittagleffler wrote:Well, we can in fact not unambiguously say that they have been sleeping since the beginning of Time. <snip>

You mean...this whole thing has been a dream?!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: But it was slower returning uphill.

Postby SBN » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:37 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Well that answers ALL of the questions :D Thanks GLR!!!

Not all. La Petite is still very much unexplained.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

wizpretz

Postby wizpretz » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:40 am UTC

moody7277 wrote:
Latent22 wrote:Ok I've just solved it!!!!

Spoiler:
They live in a world with more than one sun! This is why they have walked for so many days and had no sunset. Until this night when they have hit a night with all the other extra sun's below the horizon and then the final visible one setting allowing it to finally go dark. All the previous sunsets were hidden by the extra suns in the sky.

Also this also solves the big running question of why the sea is acting strange and rising far beyond normal. It is just because of the solar alignment that happens to be pulling the sea up more than normal!

So, you can have two situations with a binary star system: the stars are close together and the planet goes around both (i.e. Tatooine), or the stars are well separated and the planet goes around just one (i.e. Brian Aldiss's Helliconia, but maybe not such a big difference in climate). In the first case (called circumbinary) the stars don't get far enough apart for there to be an appreciable difference in set times, which doesn't follow with Latent's hypothesis. Tides in this case would not vary much as the major pull is always in the same direction. With a well separated binary, you'd end up with half the year where the two stars were in opposite sides of the sky. The near star would create daytime, and the other star would create something like a dimday. In the other half of the year, the two stars would be on the same side of the sky, and this would separate the rotation period into a bright day and true night. The tides would vary quite a bit between when the two stars and planet are lined up and when they aren't.

Interesting1. I was thinking about how the gravity of two separated stars would work. Would the stars be able to create a balance between each other, maybe by revolving around each other? Wouldn't the stars get pulled towards one another otherwise? I'm definitely in no place to be answering those questions.

1 or neat

Marsh'n

Postby Marsh'n » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:40 am UTC

Spoiler:

Trying to do this from phone - blindpost and worse - but I have to say, doesn't Megan look like one of those creepy Escher birds here?

Will ETA the OTTicitation for my OTTification when I has leopard again.

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:42 am UTC

Wild Prediction:
buffygirl wrote:The reason for the rising sea turns out to be because their planet is teeny like the one from The Little Prince (but in this case just LaPetite), and that ship from that Japanimation cartoon in the 70's where they went through space in a ocean-style ship and had 365 days to accomplish their mission, has landed in it (the sea).

Reposting this because I am hoping someone can tell me what the name of this cartoon is! (as opposed to what the cartoon's name is called, what the cartoon is called, or what the cartoon is). I know there's an XKCD thread called something like, "you know, that movie about that person with the thingy," but I can't find it....

THANKS!

ETA: I use the term "cartoon" here because that is what we called it back in the day. I believe it was a daily cartoon, as opposed to a Saturday Morning cartoon.

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:47 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Psst...y'all wanna know a secret?

I actually started working on a version of "Every Major's Terrible"/"Modern Major-General" when Valarya requested it on Newpage 467, but never finished it.

Oh! Do finish!

Maybe someday. It's hopelessly out of date (notice Aluisio's old avatar) and is definitely tied to a particular era of the OTT (the Fading). Plus, of the 36 total frames in that comic, I've completed less than a third. Zooman's wonderful ottification simply reminded me I had it languishing in a documents folder. And since IT'S ALL RELATED, I thought I would let you xuys know about it. :wink:

But...this is another Fading! It's coming around again! It's the perfect opportunity!

moody7277 wrote:

Spoiler:
They live in a world with more than one sun! This is why they have walked for so many days and had no sunset. Until this night when they have hit a night with all the other extra sun's below the horizon and then the final visible one setting allowing it to finally go dark. All the previous sunsets were hidden by the extra suns in the sky.

Also this also solves the big running question of why the sea is acting strange and rising far beyond normal. It is just because of the solar alignment that happens to be pulling the sea up more than normal!

So, you can have two situations with a binary star system: the stars are close together and the planet goes around both (i.e. Tatooine), or the stars are well separated and the planet goes around just one (i.e. Brian Aldiss's Helliconia, but maybe not such a big difference in climate). In the first case (called circumbinary) the stars don't get far enough apart for there to be an appreciable difference in set times, which doesn't follow with Latent's hypothesis. Tides in this case would not vary much as the major pull is always in the same direction. With a well separated binary, you'd end up with half the year where the two stars were in opposite sides of the sky. The near star would create daytime, and the other star would create something like a dimday. In the other half of the year, the two stars would be on the same side of the sky, and this would separate the rotation period into a bright day and true night. The tides would vary quite a bit between when the two stars and planet are lined up and when they aren't.

It is theoretically possible for a planet to be in a figure-eight orbit about both bodies in a binary system, although such an orbit would be unstable and easily disturbed.. With more than two stars, however, it is basically an open question; there may be chaotic orbits which pass in between all starts, which may appear to be stable although non-periodic and only decay after billions of years.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:47 am UTC

mscha wrote:<snip> Cueball may not be the brightest ball on the table,

Nope.
This is the brightest ball on the table:

This one's pretty bright, too:
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

This is Time Control to Major Thong

Postby AluisioASG » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:50 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:You know what Time it is?
The Sun
Inspired by http://xkcd.com/673/

I liked that movie (I like psychological movies; I like Will Graham; the <center> cannot hold it's too late).

HES wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:
ofvn2vw1872 wrote:
Spoiler:

It reminds me of a short story (by someone, I don't remember who), in which this event (a darkness in a multi-star system) occurred, regularly, but with enough spacing that it threw the whole world in to chaos. Let's hope we don't find hoards of villagers chasing astronomers down the mountain in the next few newpix.

I saw a similar story once in a comic for children. The civilization had n suns, so they only ran out of light once every millennium, and... well, their civilization never survived it.
Hm. Seems to be an adaptation of Nightfall. And a good question for a What-If.

Pitch black comes to mind.

I wonder what's the status of the next sequel. I've been waiting for it for one or two years now.

CameronCat wrote:Ximenez, Ucim and others wrote:
Asimov: Nightfall. Awesome short story - the best he has ever written ...

I knew I liked hanging around here; Asimov fans are good company anywhere. "Nightfall" is arguably his best, but my all-time favorite short story is "The Nine Billion Names of God" -- the final sentence stunned me in my younger years, and still does today. The set-up is brilliant. Let us hope that we're not being set up for a similar outcome in the OTC.

From those I've read (only the I, Robot group and The Feeling of Power, besides those I read on Wikipedia), I still prefer The Evitable Conflict. Maybe because of my tendency to trust machines more than humans. (Also, being a computer programmer...)

Actually, maybe I, Robot is the cause of this trust tendency.

SBN wrote:

She's a glitch.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:53 am UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:100 posts! Woohooo!!!

Every New Frame’s Awefulsome
(based on the OtherComic "Every Major's Terrible", to the tune of "Modern Major-General")

Spoiler:
A couple sat down at the beach, it seemed that they did just relax
And sandcastles were topped with crenellations and some tiny flags.
The journey didn’t start just out of simple curiosity,
They want to know about the rising semencancercoffeesea.

Why Cuegan seem to know not much remains a constant mystery
And leads to theories about apocalyptic history.
We post and ketchup every dix, some read it all and others skipped.
No matter, everyone’s welcome! (and have you seen the javascript??)

I’d rather lick a pricklymolp than thwap a big moleopard
To witness buttermolpy’s end was nature’s course, but really hard.
The molpyhunt, it can go on as soon as the next ONG will come
Just put me down as “Waiting for it” – every new frame’s awefulsome!

Now, if you can't prognosticate, that's ok in the OTT
But if your memory's weak as well, you'd best consult the Time-wiki.
The nested quotes will make each post a struggle getting brackets right.
All flames are quenched and this is why we haven’t seen an ugly fight.

We were prepared for epic battles fought with tiny trebuchets
And LaPetite’s return was almost missed due to the fading’s haze.
Though wow-trees probably suggest a Madagascar set by far
The wiki page lists arguments for Randallverse or Africa.

They want to find out if the rivers influence the sea at all
But all they have found up to date are big hills and a wowterfall.
I recognize my coma-schedule's gone and help will never come
But put me down as “Waiting for it” – every new frame’s awefulsome!

Dilgunnerangs are used for drinking, Cuegan do not use a mug
The steambottle’s a no-go; it just makes them want to utter “ugh”.
Cue’s too ophiophobic to consider herpetology
And Meg can't stomach any part of her self-picked weird-tree-berry.

While flashy things give twitchy eyes, hence spoilering is what we choose
A poetry degree is earned for double-dactyls and haikus.
The inquisition likes to use hot chocolate and the comfy chair
(The punishment with S&Ms for heresy is very fair).

By hatting people’s avatars, we show our creativity
And cupcakes seem to taste best when they’re relished with an OTTidy.
In terms of ingenuity, a greater thread will never come.

Also, penis.

AWEFULSOME, ZoomanSP!

---------------------------------------

@Yappo -- Um, you did get my request, right?

---------------------------------------

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:56 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:@Yappo -- Um, you did get my request, right?

I did indeed!

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:57 am UTC

Thanks, buffygirl!

mittagleffler wrote:FirstONGing!
Spoiler:

EDIT: Seems they've been sleepONG all alONG.

I guess Cuegan appear grey because there is now less light that reflects from them, but to me it looks like they become transparent :? Which is ε, because during bright (= white) day, they might have been transparent, too (except when walking in front of the shed or a tree), but it never appeared to me like that.

mscha wrote:And who knows what happened during the first fade...

What happens during the fade stays during the fade!
Spoiler:
Except for LaPetite, I hope...

The Sun
Spoiler:
[size=85]Inspired by http://xkcd.com/673/

Spoiler:
Obligatory alt-text: This ottification is sheer awesomeness, and it's happening on my watch. Mainly because I can't figure out how to adjust my coma.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:58 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:
buffygirl wrote:@Yappo -- Um, you did get my request, right?

I did indeed!

Oh! That's right, I did see that. I forgot. :oops: Awesomeful!

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:01 am UTC

COPYONGCUEGANANDGOINGACOMA...
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

azule
Saved

Re: I have a smiley! It is mine and it is my smiley!

Postby azule » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:05 am UTC

Image wrote:Squee!
Hehe! This'll be fun.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:14 am UTC

The Sun
Spoiler:

Redundant spoiler:
Spoiler:

DaylightSavingTime.png

redundant05.png

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I will most definitely start using "Molpy Up!" as often as I can, even in the OutsideH

buffygirl wrote:Wild Prediction:
buffygirl wrote:The reason for the rising sea turns out to be because their planet is teeny like the one from The Little Prince (but in this case just LaPetite), and that ship from that Japanimation cartoon in the 70's where they went through space in a ocean-style ship and had 365 days to accomplish their mission, has landed in it (the sea).

Reposting this because I am hoping someone can tell me what the name of this cartoon is! (as opposed to what the cartoon's name is called, what the cartoon is called, or what the cartoon is). I know there's an XKCD thread called something like, "you know, that movie about that person with the thingy," but I can't find it....

THANKS!

ETA: I use the term "cartoon" here because that is what we called it back in the day. I believe it was a daily cartoon, as opposed to a Saturday Morning cartoon.

Hm. That sounds like it might be Star Blazers.
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:17 am UTC

What does "molpy up" even mean, I wonder... I can only think of this... :P
Spoiler:

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:20 am UTC

Some KETCHUPPING
    @mscha
    @ZoomanSP
    @yappo (twice!)
    @Angelastic
    @ucim
    @slinches
    @chem1190c
    @ChronosDragon

mscha wrote:(Is this the fourth or fifth time I've tried to explain this? I lost count...)

This might help others understand, mscha!

ZoomanSP wrote:Every New Frame’s Awefulsome
(based on the OtherComic "Every Major's Terrible", to the tune of "Modern Major-General")
Spoiler:

Oh me yarm, ZoomanSP, fucking GENIUS!!!

Angelastic wrote:My new theory is that whenever we've seen them coma, there's been a night between frames, but this is the first time they've continued walking through the night (because they want to get help for Megan as soon as possible) so it's the first time we see nightfall.

More genius at work. I think this totally totally makes sense!

ucim wrote:@BlitzGirl: Treeish Future present present! I'm looking forward to it (assuming you continue, which I hope you do!). And now we get to speculate on how it is that you do them in the first place!

... and I think we're seeing a sunset for the first time because for the first time it's important to the audience.

Jose

Fits right in with Angelastic, so I vote for this too!

slinches wrote:This is a bit out of date now and turned out to be too dark1 to accurately fit the sense of foreboding we had until Cuegan came back into the picture, but I figured I'd post it anyway.

Fade to Black
(based on the Metallica song by the same name)
Spoiler:
Time it seems, will fade away
Darkening further every day
Megball lost out of frame
Nothing left but mustard to blame
Writing the lyrics to this song
Anxiously awaiting the next ONG
Will there be more gray to see?
Blackness nearing so quickly

Things are not what they used to be
Darkness rising like the sea
All light lost, this can't be real
Can't stand this torment I feel
Dark shades filling the frame
'til the pixels are all the same
Growing darkness taking dawn
All that was bright, now is gone

Only Randall can save the day, but it's too late
Now I can't think, think why he should even try
White sky seems as though it never existed
Blackness greets me warm, now I will just say good-bye

1Almost as dark as the original, which is rather amazing considering that this song is about a webcomic rather than suicide. (Oh, and excuse the pun :) )

Cheery (deadpan). And spot on!

yappobiscuits wrote:Image Especially fun to sing in Hetfield's voice (Heyyeeaahhh!)

Oooh, Ooh! Does that mean I'll get to hear you do a Hetfield? WOOT!

chem1190c wrote:That was my theory approximately 2 months ago (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=101043&p=3346290#p3346290)

OMR chem! You're back!!

yappobiscuits wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:You underestimate the internet's ability to supply me with cute kitty pictures. Image

S'true. Here's a whole pile of 'em.

I literally gasped my awwwww, this was so fab!

ChronosDragon wrote:And for my 700th post, I would like to present...

A to-scale replica (with Joe Citizen in the bottom right of the first pic to prove it) of the critically acclaimed Time Sand Castle
Recreated in 3D using the Source Engine

Spoiler:
Image Image Image
^clickey the images^

No map release yet, I need to clean things up first. But here it is.

That is so so so so nice! Thank you!

Edit: To correctly credit ZoomanSP.
Edit2: To remove auto-inserted quotes (from the scripty-thing) that found their way into this post.
Edit3or4 or something: to fix messed up quotes a bit more.
Last edited by buffygirl on Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:31 am UTC, edited 4 times in total.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:22 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:Every New Frame’s Awefulsome
Spoiler:

Gee Willikers, yappo, fucking GENIUS!!!

Not me! ZoomanSP! Thanks re. the other things though :P

ETA: Aaand I see you fixed it :)

ucim

Re: It's TIME!

Postby ucim » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:31 am UTC

The Sun

I approve of this message.

CameronCat wrote:I knew I liked hanging around here; Asimov fans are good company anywhere. "Nightfall" is arguably his best, but my all-time favorite short story is "The Nine Billion Names of God" -- the final sentence stunned me in my younger years, and still does today.

The stars await.
The stars await, and someone comes, and looks, and leaves...
Unchanged. Unmoved.
And the stars flicker out, one by one
until there is nothing left.

Jose
Last edited by ucim on Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:53 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

SkUrRiEr

Postby SkUrRiEr » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:36 am UTC

Blindpost from the past (NP 935):

I'm reading all the speculation about the fade, so I go to geekwagon to use their awesome comparison tool, and then spoiler myself with the outcome. Damn arrow keys being so easy to press.

Spoiler:
If I'm somehow inadvertantly page pope, I decree that all posts on this page are either from the past or reference it.

ETA: not page pope, ah well.

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:39 am UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:
buffygirl wrote:Wild Prediction:
Spoiler:

THANKS!

Hm. That sounds like it might be Star Blazers.

Yes yes yes! That's it!!! Thank you, k!!!

Eternal Density

The molpy ran. Run molpy, run! He ran up the hill. Molpy up!

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:47 am UTC

SBN wrote:

Please consult your facetiousness detector.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

BlitzGirl

Molpy up up up!

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:59 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:What does "molpy up" even mean, I wonder... I can only think of this... :P
Spoiler:

Redundant spoiler:
Spoiler:

molpyup.png

redundant06.png
redundant06.png (107.15 KiB) Viewed 11717 times
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

MOLPY UP!

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:01 am UTC

Dawwwwwwwwwww!

Yes, I'm breaking tradition :P
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:01 am UTC

You know, for someone who's supposedly "back," I'm not doing a very good job of, well, um, actually sticking around... :oops: Damn RL intrusions!

But I'm back from being away after the the last time I was back from being away, which was a turn or two back a ways, because you guys are posting away while my back is turned.

So much to say!

Like, Thanks again for all the "welcome backs" and the cakes!
And I loved the awesome new OTT-filks to Metallica and the Beatles!
And Happy 700 to ChronosDragon! And great work on the castle!
And Wow -- great comic to BlitzGirl! "Moply Up," indeed!
And kitties, and zombies, and "Nightfall", oh my!
And Megan and Cueball and imminent slumber, and impending darkness -- drama's afoot in the OTC!

*sigh*

It's good to be back, even if I suck at actually, you know, sticking around long enough to be "back"...
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

BlitzGirl

Re: MOLPY UP!

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:11 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Dawwwwwwwwwww'ng

FTFY Image

Don't worry too much about it, StratPlayer, we all have to do a little ketchup blitz now and then. :)

ETA: Cuegan should both stay awake and engage in life-affirming activities together until the sun comes back up.
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:13 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ofvn2vw1872

Postby ofvn2vw1872 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:12 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Dawwwwwwwwwww!

Yes, I'm breaking tradition :P

Strong reminders of that jump across the stream after he offered help, more stubbornness.
"It never seems to occur to people that a man might just want to write a piece of music"

Arky

Postby Arky » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:14 am UTC

On the plus side, they saw the molpycat during the day so it prrrrrrobably isn't nocturnal.

It can't be very cold where they are, as they don't appear to have sleeping bags and they've never bothered building a fire that we've seen.

This progression from carefree wandering to a more sober and watchful trek reminds me a great deal of both Flower andJourney.
Veteran of the One True Thread. And now the Too True Thread?

Arky

Postby Arky » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:15 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:ETA: Cuegan should both stay awake and engage in life-affirming activities together until the sun comes back up.

Trying to make rule 34 of the Internet strike again? :oops:
Veteran of the One True Thread. And now the Too True Thread?

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

You really gave us a scare

Postby AluisioASG » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:21 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Cuegan should both stay awake and engage in life-affirming activities together until the sun comes back up.

I suggest building a dome out of pink stars.
I'm sure I'll dream with that.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Eternal Density

Go Molpy Go!

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:21 am UTC

Arky wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:ETA: Cuegan should both stay awake and engage in life-affirming activities together until the sun comes back up.

I'm sure she meant singing about the Discovery Channel.

Hmm I've got a bit distracted from the tale of Niclep. I guess he's still running upriver.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:24 am UTC

Arky wrote:

What? All sorts of activities can be life-affirming!

Probably no Rule 34 though - it will be too dark to see them at that point.
Enjoy the cmyk Rule 34 gif instead:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ChronosDragon

Re: Go Molpy Go!

Postby ChronosDragon » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:25 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
Arky wrote:

Hmm I've got a bit distracted from the tale of Niclep. I guess he's still running upriver.

Speaking of that, I haven't been following very closely...is there a master copy somewhere?

yappobiscuits

AHH! *squeals while being lifted up*

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:26 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:What does "molpy up" even mean, I wonder... I can only think of this... :P
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Image That completely made my dip*, thanks for that!

*That and your comic manip...

In fact, this may have to join my avatar gif sequence...

BlueCrab

Postby BlueCrab » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:26 am UTC

Zorin_75 wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:To me, the fade enhancements look like night closing in, with the moon's brightness being revealed in the darkness.

Strange shape for nightfall.
I'm sticking with clouds...

Spoiler:
cloudenhance.png

The grandson has one cranky day and I'm 8 newpages behind!

No molpy activity through all this? Just the disappearing-reappearing one in the last frame? :? If the darkening was an oncoming storm you'd see a good bit of small molpies scurrying around; smoke would make all kinds of critters be really still at first, then crazy amounts of activity.
Having said that, I think the dark cloud is the result of magical manipulation by that really large hedgehog/snapping turtle at the right edge of the mound.

But where is Cuegan? ...Hmm. This could just be Randall's set-up for shipping-time... No, there aren't any stars, are there?
Wiki Wiki Wiki Wiki Grapevine, Grapevine

"Kvetcher-upper" -- one who complains while ketchupping? - CasCat

“Pretty much everything tastes better if you eat it in the shower.” - ggh

wizpretz

Re: 1910: "Time"

Postby wizpretz » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:29 am UTC

I predict increased conflict between Cueball and Megan in the future.

Eternal Density

He stopped to rest when the waterfall was in sight.

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:30 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:
Arky wrote:

Speaking of that, I haven't been following very closely...is there a master copy somewhere?
If you click my name to get to my profile and then click View Users Posts you can see them all. But I don't have a compiled document or anything like that.
Too bad there's no "display results as post subjects" option :(
Last edited by Eternal Density on Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:31 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”