1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Eutychus

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Eutychus » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:18 pm UTC

Yes but I keep expecting it to light up the ground, grass, trees, etc...

[edited to add: ooh! I've been wondering how long it would be before this nonconformist got to be Pope... :D]
Be very careful about rectilinear assumptions. Raptors could be hiding there - ucim

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:48 pm UTC

@kenmelken, great job on the wiki article, as always!

mscha wrote:
Valarya wrote:
Spoiler:
Anyway, isn't that my luck. I post many times in the past 10 NPs and the first time I get lots of replies is b/c people are angry that I followed a papal decree. Peachy. Here, have some chirping cupcakes. Wonder if you can guess what that word would have been without the 'chirp' part.

Apologies for singling you out. Not angry at you at all! Your post just happens to be the one that I had most trouble reading while I felt it was directed at me. (I though you might be asking if fixing the mustard would be automatically detected.)
Thanks for the tasty chirpcakes!
Oy, I sound a bit grumpy in the bit you quoted.. sorry about that, mate. I did want to hug it out. Glad that's all cleared up! Image

Neil_Boekend wrote:Prediction:
Megan is going to teabag Queball to wake him up, revealing in the process that there are some misconceptions about the sex of our characters. Queball is going to bite them off and suffocate in them. Megan is going to bleed to death from the wound. Thus ends Time!

And in the next post:
edo wrote:5 min/newpix is a very lowball estimate.

Randalldamnit I can't stop laughing. Image I think I'm 12 years old sometimes... :mrgreen:

WOnder93 wrote:Hello everyone!

I have finally registered to let you know that I, following the trail of BlitzGirl - the first blitzer, am also reading this thread from the beginning, hoping to catch up to the present one day. I have been blitzing in silence until now, but I thought I should finally de-lurk and post my progress...
Spoiler:
Current progress: 519/982 pages

I have been a follower of the XKCD comics for a long time but at the time Great Randall unveiled the One True Comic the Outside must have clouded my mind causing me to overlook the fact that it changes over time. I was only taken out of the darkness by a post on Slashdot somewhere around newpix 1100. That day newpix I discovered the awesomeness of the OTC and OTT and I was amazed by the friendly community here. I didn't think I could read the whole thread but after reading about BlitzGirl in the wiki I decided to give it a try. I will forever regret my absent-mindedness at the time I first saw the One True Comic... but I must not despair! I shall continue to read the One True Thread with patience and eventually join y'all waiting in the Present!

Onward!

Throwing forward a 1st post. Welcome WOnder93 and happy Blitzing! We will be Waiting for It, You and all the other Blitzers in our Present Future. :wink:
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:10 pm UTC

GLEAMONGLY...

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

edfel

Postby edfel » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:18 pm UTC

Final update of the star trail! [with strange text superposition, ok...]
Anyone's got time to look for the straightest line made by a star, and measure precisely the angle :D?
Spoiler:
out.png
Waiting for it: Map of Time, same, no JS, Ages of Time.
Beginning a new story with every choice, no matter how small: Goodies.

higgs-boson

Postby higgs-boson » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:31 pm UTC

mscha wrote:Here's a finalA “dusk to dawn” animation:
Spoiler:

Meeeeh. A From Dusk Till Dawn animation without Salma Hayek? Oh dear.
OTOH - thinking of Megan's literally bloody leg it may be better that way...

Having a "Reply" open:
Thanks Ashaman and taixzo for the quite educating explanations of the future's empty skies.
Apostolic Visitator, Holiest of Holy Fun-Havers
You have questions about XKCD: "Time"? There's a whole Wiki dedicated to it!

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:41 pm UTC

edo wrote:still sleepONG
Spoiler:

Edit 1: Congrats, Azule! be sure to coma when the little cub comas :)

Edit 2: So what was that last bright star to come into frame 2482?

Where? I don't see a new star in that frame.

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:42 pm UTC

Blitz progress: 700(!) of 984
Found a fence vine, np 1560

@StratPlayer, RE: interconnectedness:
Spoiler:
StratPlayer wrote:I've been doing a little scientific research and I believe I've discovered clear and irrefutable evidence that Angelastic is correct:

Angelastic wrote:WE WERE RIGHT!

They are having a baobaby!

Consider this obvious chain of relatedness:

1. The GLR has populated the OTC with trees that appear to be baobabs.

2. Baobab is also the name of a musical group out of Dunham, NC consisting primarily of an artist named Phil Torres, who is also a writer.

3. Phil Torres has also written a book called "A Crisis of Faith - Atheism, Emerging Technologies and the Future of Humanity"

4. A Crisis of Faith is a familiar trope and is a central element in Arthur C. Clarke's short story "The Star".

5. Clarke's "The Star" had a Jesuit priest who was horrified to learn that a nova that eliminated a civilization was the Star of Bethlehem.

6. Bethlehem is also a city in Pennsylvania, named after the birthplace of Jesus shown on by that star, and is also the birthplace of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

7. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson had his first major movie role as "The Scorpion King," first introduced in "The Mummy Returns" and then expanded in the prequel "The Scorpion King".

8. "The Scorpion King" had a soundtrack with the single "I Stand Alone", recorded by the group Godsmack.

9. "I Stand Alone" was recorded at The Hit Factory in Miami, Florida. This studio was formerly known as Criteria Studios.

10. Criteria Studios was where The Allman Brothers recorded the studio parts of their classic album "Eat a Peach".

11. There have been recurring rumors that the name "Eat a Peach" and the album art allude to guitarist Duane Allman's motorcycle death in 1971, but it actually refers to a comment he made when asked by reporter Ellen Mandel of Good Times Magazine, "How are you helping the revolution?" Duane Allman's reply included, "...and every time I'm in Georgia, I eat a peach for peace."

12. Georgia peaches are world-famous and the name is used in many ways. There's even the Georgia Peach Award -- an award for outstanding teen literature.

13. The first Georgia Peach award was awarded in 2005, and was won by "The First Part Last", a book that deals with...

pregnancy!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

It's obvious what the implications of this are: Angelastic was 100% correct!
I must know... how do you make these? Like, coming up with long strings of interconnectedness, that for the most part seem to be going nowhere until you tie it all together? Impressive, good sir, impresive...

@mscha, RE: Google [Bot] efficiency:
Spoiler:
mscha wrote:
spamjam wrote:ದೊಡ್ಡ ಗಂಟೆಯಂಥ

This is ridiculous. 15 minutes after posting, I google your ong, and get 5 hits. 3 dictionaries, 1 India Times, and ... this thread.
Google might optimize the process, favoring long and active threads over threads that are not. Which would make sense, because the more active a thread, the more popular it would be for google searches (theoretically)

@AluisioASG, Opiboble, RE: DIFT and DAFT acronyms:
Spoiler:
AluisioASG wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
mscha wrote:Two observations on the current newpix:
1. No return of the molpy. (Must have returned to its waiting. ;) )
2. Cueball asks “Do you think it's OK to take some”, right after he took some...

Well it is Cueball after all, he tends not to think.

DIFT?

DAFT? (I don't know what DIFT is supposed to abbreviate)

Did I fixed that?
Just wanted to point out that Opiboble's use of DAFT makes sense too: "Did AluisioASG Fix That?"

@Eternal Destiny, RE: Bioshock Infinite:
Spoiler:
Eternal Density wrote:<snip>
mscha wrote:
ucim wrote:<snip>

And crows don't murder <snip>
Bioshock Infinite...
<snip>
Spoiler? I wouldn't really know, I haven't played the game yet...

And finally, @Vytron, RE: Postcouragement from former Blitzer
Spoiler:
Vytron wrote:Alright, time for my first...

[img]ketchup[/img]

@macraw83
macraw83 wrote:If you want to skip my signposts, feel free, I won't be offended. I'm sure they aren't the most interesting posts in the One True Thread

Oh, they are, they are! I once said such posts by people is the meat and potatoes of the thread, and I stick to it! The reason is the thread goes something like this:

Something great is posted.

It's overlooked.

Not mentioned still.

Oh, there it is, appreciation by a blitzer (coma-blitzer, treker or ketchuper)!

It seems people of the present are more interested about what is going on now, and there's some kind of rush feeling to read up to the last page of the thread, while True Pilgrims of Time don't, and they have all the time in the world to read every post carefully and appreciate it (so, after I catch up to the 45 pages that I skipped, I'll read again the pages from 670 onwards again, from the blitzer perspective - I'm sure I missed something I read because of the rush! :mrgreen: - read but not appreciated by me, the "regurgitation" helps with that).

Actually, nevermind, I don't like potatoes... let's say SignPosts are the Meat and French Fries (with ketchup!) of the thread, keep them coming! :)
"Meat and French Fries", I like that. And of course there's ketchup, Blitzing isn't anything more than a lot of ketchup spread over a long period of Time.

I have also seen some random sigcouragements, I appreciate all of it every time I see it.

I have also noticed something slightly odd, in that there are some potential-spoilers hidden away in sigs, locations and hatvatars, such as someone dying in the 800s of NP, someone else going into a self-imposed exile, and a recurring theme of mountains...
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:47 pm UTC

Morning has broken, like the first morning
Chirpy has spoken, like the first bird

Rule110 wrote:Back from coma, and say -- I can see, by the dawn's early light, what so roundly was veiled at the twilight's last gleaming, whose round heads and stick bods, through the perlious night, in the comic we watched, took turns valiantly dreaming. And the meteor's glare, molpies CHIRPing in air, gave proof through the night that we still don't know where. Oh, say -- does that paw-mangled banner still wrap 'round the leg of the girl who's expanding the map?

:D

edo

Postby edo » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:52 pm UTC

spamjam wrote:
Spoiler:

that one (ah, I was using mscha's numbering. Auburnwood# is 2490)
Spoiler:
newstar.PNG
Co-proprietor of a Mome and Pope Shope

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:05 pm UTC

Good mornONG to y'all (or whatever Time it may be in your Outside zones):

Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:06 pm UTC

I had an Outsider radio programme on and it mentioned the Furniture Store of Time. Do you lot have a furniture store? If not, can I provide one magically somehow?
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:11 pm UTC

TheMinim wrote:I had an Outsider radio programme on and it mentioned the Furniture Store of Time. Do you lot have a furniture store? If not, can I provide one magically somehow?

We are known for our comfy chairs.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Ximenez

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Postby Ximenez » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:12 pm UTC

Don't you think Megan is asleep now?

edfel

Re: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Postby edfel » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:14 pm UTC

Ximenez wrote:Don't you think Megan is asleep now?

Looking at her wound, more likely (estimating the amount of blood she's lost, and whether she'll faint before Cueball wakes up and they get attacked by Lucky and his mates...)
Waiting for it: Map of Time, same, no JS, Ages of Time.
Beginning a new story with every choice, no matter how small: Goodies.

Montov

Re: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Postby Montov » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:17 pm UTC

Ximenez wrote:Don't you think Megan is asleep now?

Yes, I don't think that.

She was awake and talked, so she will stay awake. Late in the afternoon she might have some problems.

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:18 pm UTC

edo wrote:
spamjam wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
newstar.PNG

Ah! (and it's 2483 at geekwagon, where I was looking)

Appears to be Mirphak, the brightest start in Perseus (yes, I had to look that up).

BlitzGirl

The Knighting of ZoomanSP

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:21 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:Oh my, what have I done? It seems that I unintentionally sparked a new bloom of the Knights Temporal... I can live with that. :D
So, I humbly ask one of the newly knighted Knights, an Elder Knight, or the Great BlitzGirl herself, to become a Knight Temporal, thereby complying with the current customs.

It is an awefulsome Time on the thread of Time, to be sure. :)

I, BlitzGirl, Knight Temporal of the One True Comic, bestow upon thee, ZoomanSP, Member of the Order of the Sillies, the Knighthood Temporal, in recognition of superb recursive-turtle-wearing, Time-ly cake-gifting, and the grand revival of the practice of knighting. Arise, and continue Waiting for it!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

thirds

Postby thirds » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:23 pm UTC

edfel wrote:Final update of the star trail! [with strange text superposition, ok...]
Anyone's got time to look for the straightest line made by a star, and measure precisely the angle :D?
Spoiler:
out.png

I spent a bunch of Time doing this and wasn't getting anything conclusive. The arcs aren't consistent.

WOnder93

Postby WOnder93 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:24 pm UTC

(if you missed my first post, please have a look at page 982)

Quest progress: 529/984 pages

At page 528 I spotted the first mention of the Slashdot article that had enlightened me about the OTC:

jjjdavidson wrote:There's a story submission at Slashdot1 about Time. I'm not entirely sure whether this is a good thing or a bad thing. If enough people go vote the submission up, Time might make the front page of Slashdot. (Not exactly a first for xkcd, mind you.)

Of course, if we make the front page of Slashdot, then we'll really find out how good Randall's servers are.

Thanks to everyone who upvoted the article back then - I probably wouldn't be here now if it wasn't for that article! Now to get back to blitzing...

1 link removed because I have less than 5 posts (also, the link is not relevant anymore)
The OTT via Markov chain generator wrote:I've been following the thread to be lost.
Time created Cueball and Megan and says, Well, it's research.

On my quest to catch up with the Present - progress
The Sky of Time || OTT plaintext scraper || Userscript: floating user profile

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:28 pm UTC

Firstpost bump (sorry Valarya, I managed to miss yours...):

I have finally registered to let you know that I, following the trail of BlitzGirl - the first blitzer, am also reading this thread from the beginning, hoping to catch up to the present one day. I have been blitzing in silence until now, but I thought I should finally de-lurk and post my progress...

Current progress: 519/982 pages

I have been a follower of the XKCD comics for a long time but at the time Great Randall unveiled the One True Comic the Outside must have clouded my mind causing me to overlook the fact that it changes over time. I was only taken out of the darkness by a post on Slashdot somewhere around newpix 1100. That day newpix I discovered the awesomeness of the OTC and OTT and I was amazed by the friendly community here. I didn't think I could read the whole thread but after reading about BlitzGirl in the wiki I decided to give it a try. I will forever regret my absent-mindedness at the time I first saw the One True Comic... but I must not despair! I shall continue to read the One True Thread with patience and eventually join y'all waiting in the Present!

Onward!

Welcome, WOnder93! Good luck blitzing!
Last edited by mscha on Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:45 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

edo

Postby edo » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:29 pm UTC

spamjam wrote:
edo wrote:
spamjam wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
newstar.PNG

Ah! (and it's 2483 at geekwagon, where I was looking)

Appears to be Mirphak, the brightest start in Perseus (yes, I had to look that up).

Ok, just making sure it wasn't (or rather, hoping it was) a planet

For edfel's question, I get 38.5°, roughly from the corner of the screen to just right of the tree trunk.
Last edited by edo on Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:31 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Co-proprietor of a Mome and Pope Shope

Rule110

Postby Rule110 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:30 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Good mornONG to y'all (or whatever Time it may be in your Outside zones):
Spoiler:

Good morning to you too. Didn't get a chance to say yesterday (felt like I was posting too much about stars 'n' stuff), I loved your meowlpy pictures yesterdix.

Several great filks also went by without my expressed appreciation. I agree with others that familiar songs are easier to "get" on first reading. But let's not forget that learning unfamiliar songs, though more time-consuming, can be even more rewarding too. So thanks, folks, especially, for the Coldplay, The Church, and Charles Trenet numbers.

TheMinim wrote:I had an Outsider radio programme on and it mentioned the Furniture Store of Time. Do you lot have a furniture store? If not, can I provide one magically somehow?

Hmm, why not? I could use a new (or quality used) davenport, and Megan and Cueball appear to need an entire living room.
If you're lost you can look--and you will find me
Time after Time...

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Re: The Knighting of ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:31 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:Oh my, what have I done? It seems that I unintentionally sparked a new bloom of the Knights Temporal... I can live with that. :D
So, I humbly ask one of the newly knighted Knights, an Elder Knight, or the Great BlitzGirl herself, to become a Knight Temporal, thereby complying with the current customs.

It is an awefulsome Time on the thread of Time, to be sure. :)

I, BlitzGirl, Knight Temporal of the One True Comic, bestow upon thee, ZoomanSP, Member of the Order of the Sillies, the Knighthood Temporal, in recognition of superb recursive-turtle-wearing, Time-ly cake-gifting, and the grand revival of the practice of knighting. Arise, and continue Waiting for it!

I, Sir Zooman, Searcher of Pansophy, Knight of the Long Night of the OTC, do rise and humbly accept the title of Knight Temporal!
The river is small!
Oh, and cake:
Spoiler:
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

BlitzGirl

The Ketchup of the Knight

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:37 pm UTC

Yum, knightcake! And thanks, Rule 110! And welcome, WOnder93! I'm honored that you have chosen to follow in my footsteps. I wish you the best of luck on your blitzing, and congratulations on making it this far! :D

Ketchup Time:

Two things that made me Image:
Spoiler:
Rule110 wrote:Back from coma, and say -- I can see, by the dawn's early light, what so roundly was veiled at the twilight's last gleaming, whose round heads and stick bods, through the perlious night, in the comic we watched, took turns valiantly dreaming. And the meteor's glare, molpies CHIRPing in air, gave proof through the night that we still don't know where. Oh, say -- does that paw-mangled banner still wrap 'round the leg of the girl who's expanding the map?

Wildhound wrote:Image

kenmelken wrote:Kay, folks. I've finally finished the wiki article for the attack! Last night I posted it with the summary written, but it is now greatly expanded with discussion on cat identification, Megan's injuries, the question of clothing, the mustard appearances and missing bag, a collection of common nicknames for the raptorcat tracing their respective first uses, and a brief discussion on the 10 frame beesnake appearance harkening back to the earlier fluttermolpy discussion. Several of those sections also include illustrations, both harvested from the OTT and created new for the article. It's a pretty thorough entry, but I still feel like I missed a lot. If you feel I've left something out of the discussion section, please add it! Also, I haven't gone back to proofread super well and right now I REALLY need to coma, so if some of you could take a look and fix any grammar/spelling mistakes I might have missed, that would be great. :)

Brilliant! I went through and proofread for you. Very thorough article!

mscha wrote:I don't think this has been posted yet... It turns out that stars can actually chirp.

Whoa.

And they even use the word ch*rp to describe it! Okay, that's my new favorite theory of the nightchirpy. Kudos for finding it.
I can well-believe that chirping stars are something Randall would want to include in Time...

Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Marsh'n

Postby Marsh'n » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:41 pm UTC

Welcome, WOnder93. May your future soon collide with our present, and present you these greetings!

Valarya wrote:Throwing forward a 1st post. Welcome WOnder93 and happy Blitzing!

And thanks Valarya for the throw-forward heads-up.

Now if Megan would only give Cue the heads-up we'd be on our way. But I think she likes watching him sleep.

And in response to the Blitzer dialog between Vytron and macraw83, I'm going back and dropping an edit some newpages back. So the blitzers will have the chance to be the first to see it. But it's by way of a face-palm apology to Rule110. Mathematically speaking.

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Only black and white

Postby AluisioASG » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:48 pm UTC

Blindpost from NP972.
There's an ongoing disruption on my home's internet access (read: I need a new RJ-45 connector) so I'll be stuck in the Outside for a week or so. My mobile plan has a 10MB daily quota (gotta use links for web browsing now) so accessing the OTC is out of question.
Nice, meteor animation!
And buffygirl, thanks for Viva la Vida. Now I have something to listen when I go home tonight.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

taixzo

Re: Only black and white

Postby taixzo » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:01 pm UTC

AluisioASG wrote:Blindpost from NP972.
There's an ongoing disruption on my home's internet access (read: I need a new RJ-45 connector) so I'll be stuck in the Outside for a week or so. My mobile plan has a 10MB daily quota (gotta use links for web browsing now) so accessing the OTC is out of question.
Nice, meteor animation!
And buffygirl, thanks for Viva la Vida. Now I have something to listen when I go home tonight.

I suppose we need someone to render the OTC into ASCII art for AluisioASG.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

Ximenez

Postby Ximenez » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:05 pm UTC

Not movONG.

BlitzGirl

ASCII Raptorcat

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:06 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:I suppose we need someone to render the OTC into ASCII art for AluisioASG.

Okay, here's Lucky:

Code: Select all

_...---.._
                                                       _.'`       -_ ``.
                                                   .-'`                 `.
                                                .-`                     q ;
                                             _-`                       __  \
                                         .-'`                  . ' .   \ `;/
                                     _.-`                    /.      `._`/
                             _...--'`                        \_`..._
                          .'`                         -         `'--:._
                       .-`                           \                  `-.
                      .                `              `-..__.....----...., `.
                     '                 `  '''---..-''`'              : :  : :
                   .` -                '`                             `'   `'
                .-` .` '             .`
            _.-` .-`   '            .
        _.-` _.-`    .' '         .`
(`''--'' _.-`      .'  '        .'
 `'----''        .'  .`       .`
               .'  .'     .-'`
             .'   :    .-`
             `. .`   ,`
              .'   .'
             '   .`
            '  .`
            `  '.
            `.___;

Disclaimer: Not mine, scooped from here.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

fhorn

Postby fhorn » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:12 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:Prediction:
Megan is going to teabag Queball to wake him up, revealing in the process that there are some misconceptions about the sex of our characters. Queball is going to bite them off and suffocate in them. Megan is going to bleed to death from the wound. Thus ends Time
Edit: Dang, I made a prediction that didn't include the end of Time. That needed a fix!

NBPETP Fan Club meeting minutes, 1 July 2013:
Neil_Boekend has made a new prediction for the end of Time, everybody! *fans go wild*
"...or I shall have to find Chekov myself, and shoot him with his own damn gun" - k.bookbinder
unteaching is the hardest teaching

HES

Postby HES » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:19 pm UTC

Woah. My coma pattern is seriously ch*rped (as I'm sure is clear from my posting habits)
Late-afternoon-just-got-up-ketchup:

@Blitzgirl: multiple mopey momeships
Spoiler:
BlitzGirl wrote:Edit: Randamn it! WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING TO ME?!
WOnder93 wrote:...I didn't think I could read the whole thread but after reading about BlitzGirl in the wiki I decided to give it a try...

Clearly, fate luck puts you in a position of (no) authority because you are an inspiration to lurkers, molpies and OTTers in need of cat pictures
(and you do post rather a lot)

@Eternal and azule: Long term drains on time and money
Spoiler:
Eternal Density wrote:
Rule110 wrote:Hey, Randall violated the "No ******s on this page" decree. :evil:

I know he's all-powerful and all, and that decrees aren't actually binding on anyone. But still... what kind of moral message does that kind of behavior send to our children?

We have children??!

Not sure if Rule110 was speaktyping collectively or singularly, however:
azule wrote:Here's my Present present. My own little otter^_^. :)

Warning, newborn ahead.
[attachment]
^_^ Actually, I'm calling him "Squeaks" for now. hehe.

Welcome to the threadworld, Squeaks :D

@Ximenes: (molpy chirping)
Spoiler:
(Reply at the top since I can't nest spoilers)
Lovely! It will be interesting to see the reaction if I use these lyrics in the Beatles Rock Band...
Ximenez wrote:Here comes the sun (molpy chirping)
Here comes the sun, and we say
Wait for it

Little Cuegan, it's been a long cold lonely waiting
Little Cuegan, it feels like yix since it's been here
Here comes the sun
Wait for it

Little Cuegan, the greys returning to the faces
Little Cuegan, lots of newpix since it's been here
Here comes the sun
Wait for it

Sun, sun, sun, here it comes
Chirp, chirp, chirp, here it comes
Chirp, chirp, chirp, here it comes

Little Cuegan, we feel that pix is slowly lightening
Little Cuegan, it seems like yix since it's been white
Here comes the sun
Wait for it

Here comes the sun
Wait for it
Wait for it

@Marsh'n: Continuous time
Spoiler:
Marsh'n wrote:Prediction - they will be underway again before the outside dayH is over (UTC, since I have to pick a time zone).
What If - I have always wondered what it would be like if instead of having sharp time zone boundaries, we had watches that corrected for longitude and had a continuous gradient of time. It always seemed impractical because how would you communicate about it, except that now with smart phones it seems like we could just have filters that translate back and forth from UTC using the GPS.

This could work; Although you might want to at least restrict it to minutes, otherwise you would have marginally different times either side of the bed... alarm clocks wouldn't like that! Also, sundials would be more accurate, no? But what of different countries using DST...

@the OTC: Is the lightening faster than the darkening or is it just my perception because it's been dark for so long?
He/Him/His Image

Rule110

Postby Rule110 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:20 pm UTC

Marsh'n wrote:And in response to the Blitzer dialog between Vytron and macraw83, I'm going back and dropping an edit some newpages back. So the blitzers will have the chance to be the first to see it. But it's by way of a face-palm apology to Rule110. Mathematically speaking.

Apology? For the "claw-mangled banner" thing? :o

I guess my "poetic license" response must have come across rather Grumbly, which I didn't intend at all. So, please accept my apologies. What I should have said was, your point was completely valid, but sometimes a neat-sounding phrase wins out over accuracy.

I did consider alternatives, which had their own problems. Options like "blood-sodden banner," for instance, while accurate and descriptive in the context of the plot of the OTC, out of context would have a strong whiff of political hyperbole. Words remain tricky and dangerous things no matter how much experience or proficiency one imagines one has with them. As we are reminded yet again here.
If you're lost you can look--and you will find me
Time after Time...

mscha

ASCII Time

Postby mscha » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:23 pm UTC

Current frame for AluisioASG:

+@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@..............................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.............................
@....................................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,..,,,,................................
@......................................................,............................................
@...................................................................................................
@...................................................................................................
#...................................................................................................
#...................................................................................................
#..................................................................................................`
#..................................................................................................`
#``````.....................;::..............................................................```````
#``````````````............#@@@#+....................................................```````````````
#``````````````````````.`+@@@@@@@.:,.......................................`````````````````````````
#```````````````````````,@@@'+;+@@@@#:````.``.........``````````````````````````````````````````````
#``````````````````````.,@#@@#@@'@@@@+.`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
#`````````````````````.@@@#@#';'@##@@#``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
#``````````````````````+@#@#@#,;;,:'#'@#````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
#`````````````````````.#@#:@;;`:#@@@@####.``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
#`````````````````````+@@#.,.``;##@@:,@@@```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
#`````````````````````#@,,;###`##@.@.`@@;```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
#`````````````````````:```'+;``,`''@``,`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
#````````````````````````````:`,`''.````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
#`````````````````````````````:.`,.`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
#``````````````````````````````.`:``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
#```````````````````````````````:`````````````````````##````````````````````````````````````````````
#```````````````````````````````#`````````````````````` `';+````````````````````````````.##`````````
#```````````````````````````````#``````````````````.,`'``#@'```````.````````````````````#@##```````
#```````````````````````````````@```````````````````,`#';:''#`,.``+++ ```````````````````#'````````
#           `   ``````````````` @`````````````` '@@@@@@@@@@@#@@@@@@@##::: ``````````` ```,@,       
#                               +             #@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@:` `..` .'   ```,`        ;
#             ,+      .         '      `.,``:@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@##@@@@@@#;@@@;,'# `  ,###
#            `#'`    .++:,;:';;+#.`,,,+#@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@##@@@@@@
#            ` .,,@'#@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
#  ., .  `.,@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
#  .:+@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@+#@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
+@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

ETA: no, not done by hand. Link.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

NoMouse

Postby NoMouse » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:25 pm UTC

Ok, the stars are gone, so here's the last

STITCHING TIME!

(Look what I found)

Here's the night sky stitch consisting of np2394 - np2479, except the three chirp-newpix (np2466 - the mustard one, np2470 and np2472) and of course the five meteor-newpix 2440a,b,c,d,e.# That's 83 newpix in total:
2394-2479_stitch_full.png
Full image:
Spoiler:
You can do whatever you want with it.o

# Newpix numbers according to mscha's numbering.
o For example, if you print it, it would create an interestingly shaped roll of toilet paper.
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:31 pm UTC

It's newpixbot! :D Woot! Almost worth forfeiting the future for...
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:31 pm UTC

Measure of the sector that is stitched together would support the night being ~11 hours long.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

Marsh'n

Postby Marsh'n » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:37 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
taixzo wrote:I suppose we need someone to render the OTC into ASCII art for AluisioASG.

If I was better at graphics algorithms, I'd be sort of tempted to write something that ran an edge detect on an image, and then converted the edges into appropriate characters. Oh, wait. http://picascii.com/ (doesn't paste into phpBB well), or http://www.digitalcoding.com/tools/image-to-ascii-text.html. Then again, the PNG is 27k and the ASC is 10k, so that probably doesn't help AluisioASG. Can we send you an RJ45? :wink:

Spoiler:

BFN0Z0GEZ0ZEG0ZEGEG0G0ZEGEZEG0Z0Z0G0G0G0ZEZ0GEG0ZEGEZ0Z0Z0GEZ0Z0G0Z0Z0ZEZEG0Z0Z0Z0G0GEGEZ0G0Z0Z0G0ZEG0Z0G0G0Z0Z0Z0G0G0G0GEZ0Z0Z0GEZ0Z0G0GEG0G0Z0Z0ZENZ
B  . . . .     . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ... . ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .   . . :
B ..,.,.,,,,,,,,:,:,,,,,,,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,,,:,:,:,,,:,:,:,,,:,,,,,:,:,:,,,,..r
B..:::,:,:,:::::,:,:,:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,:::::::,:::::::.7
B ,::::,:::,:::,:,:::,:,:,:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,:,:,:,:::,:::,:,:,:::,.7
B..:,:::::::,:::::::::,:::::,:::::,:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,:,:,:,:,:::::,:::,:::::::.7
B .,:,:,:::::,:,:::,:::,:,:::::,:::,:::,:,:::::::::,:::,:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,:,:::::::,:,:::,:::,:,:::::,:::::,:,:,:::,:,.7
B..:,:,:::,:,:,:,:,:,:::::,:::::::,:,:,:::,:::,:::,:::::::::::::::::::::::::,:::,:::::,:::::,:::::,:::::::::,:::,:::::,:::,:,:::,:,:::::::::,:,:,:,:.7
B .,:,:,:,:::::,:::,:,:::,:,:::::,:::::,:::,:,:,:,:,:,:::::,:::::::::::::,:::,:::::::,:::::,:,:::::::::::,:,:,:::::::,:::,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,.r
B..:,:,:,:,:,:,:::,:::,:,:,:::,:,:,:,:,:::::,:::,:::,:::::,:::::,:::::::::::::::::::::::::::,:,:,:,:::,:::,:::::::,:,:,:::,:::,:::::,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:.7
B .,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:::,:::,:::::,:::::::::,:::::,:::,:::::,:,:,:,:,:,:::::,:::::,:,:,:::::::,:,:::,:,:::::,:,:,:,:::,:::,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,.7
B .:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:::::::,:,:,:::,:::::::,:::::::,:::::::::,:,:,:::::,:::,:::::::,:,:,:::,:,:,:,:,:,:::,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:.7
B .,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:::,:,:::::::,:::,:,:,:::::::::,:,:::::,:::,:,:,:,:,:,:,:::::,:,:::,:,:::::,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,.r
B .:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:::,:,:::,:,:::,:,:,:::,:,:::,:::,:::,:,:,:,:,:,:,:::,:::,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:.7
B .,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:::::,:,:,:,:::,:,:,:,:,:,:,:::,:,:::,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,.r
B .,,:,,,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,,.7
B ..:,:,:,,,,,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,,,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,.r
B .,,:,,,,,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,,,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,,,:,:,:,:,,,:,:,:,, 7
B .,,,:,:,:,:,,,,,:,:,:,:,:,:,,,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,,,:,,,:,:,:,,,,,:,:,:,.r
B .,.,.,,:,:,:,:,,,:,,,:,,,:,:,,,,,:,:,:,,,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,,,,,:,:,:,,,,,:,,,,.,,, 7
B .,,,,,,.,,,,,,,,,,,,:,:,:,:,:,,,:,:,:,,,,,,,:,:,:,,,,,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,:,,,,,:,:,:,:,:,,,:,:,:,:,:,,,:,:,,,,,,,,.,.,,,.,,,,,..r
B .,.,.,,,,,,,.,,,,,.,.,,,.:,,,,,:,:,:,,,:,,,,,:,,,,,:,,,:,:,:,:,:,:,,,:,:,:,:,:,,,:,:,,,:,:,,,:,:,:,:.,,,,,,,,,,,,:,:,,,,,,,,,:.,.,.,.,,,.,.,,,,,,, 7
B ..,.,.,.,.,.,,:.,,,,,,,.,,,.,.,.,.,.:,,,,,:,,,:,:,:,,,,,,,:,,,:,,,,,:,:,,,,,,,,,,,:,:,:,,,:,,,,,,,,,,,,,:,:,,,,,,.,,,,,.,.,,,.,,,,,.,,,.,.,.,.,.,..r
B  ,.,.,.,.,.,,,.,.,,,,,.,,,,,,,.,.,,,.,.,,,,,.,,:,,,,,,,,.:,,,,.,.,,,,,,,,:,,,,,,,:,:,,,,,:,:.,,:.,,,,,.,,,,,,,.,,,,,.,.,,,,,,,.,,,.,,,,,.,.,.,.,,, r
B ..,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,,,.,,,,,.,.,,,.,,,,,.,.,.,.,.,,,,,,,.,,,,,,,.,,,,,,,,,.,,,,,.,,,.,.,,,.,,,,,.,.,.,.,,,.,,,,,,,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,..r
B  ,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,,,,,.,,,.,,,,,,,.,.,.,,,.:,:.,,,.,,,.,.,,,,,,,.,.,.,,,,,,,.,,,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.. 7
B ..,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,,,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,,,.,.,.,.,.,,,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,...,. ;
B  ..,.,.,...,...,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,...,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,...,...,.,.......... r
B ......,.,...,.,...,...,.,.,.,.,.,.,....       ..,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,...,.,...,........... ;
B  ................,.....,.....,.......   :i,,,   .........,...,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,...,.,.,.......,...,.,.,.,...,.......,.,.......... r
B  .....................,.....,.,.,..   :BBBBBBB1       ....,.,.,.,.......,.,.......,...,.,.,.,.,.,.,.................,............................. i
B  ................................. UBBBBBBBBBBBB LrY:  ....,...........,.,.....,.......,.....,...........,........................................ r
B  ...............................   BBBBBGBJiBBMBBBBBBBU........................................................................................... i
B  .............................. .1;qBqMBBGkBJBOMBBBBBBB    ....................................................................................... ;
B  ............................. .BBBBNBMBBM0: ZBE;;UBBXYii   ...................................................................................... i
B  .............................  5BBMBP8BNvZ vNUL:v0BBNBBBB0r ..................................................................................... ;
B   ...........................  iBBBBB Lr .   qBBBBBB0N5BBBBB  .................................................................................... i
B  ...........................   BBBL::rFLBBr  BBBSrMB   BBBB, ..................................................................................... i
B  .. . ............. . . ... .  Ji,   UBBEF.  U :GkBG   ri   ............................................................. ........... . ... .....  i
B  ..... . . ... . . ..... . . .           .r, 7 .EEv        ....... ... ....... . ....... ....... ... . ... . ..... . . . . ..... . . . ... . ... . i
B   . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .      :rB  i   . . . ............. . . .       . . . ... . . . . ... ... ..... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  :
B  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .   8rr.    . . . . . . . . . . . .   ;L:         . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .         . . . . . i
B   . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  .B.  . . . . . . . . . . . .     SBMM  , ,,              . . . . . . . . . . . .      .rL             i
B    . . . . .     . . . . .     .   . . . .    B    . . . . . . . . .       .  ir   0BBZB.                    .   .   . . .   .    SBBB1i   .   .   i
B     .   . . .   .         . . . .   . . . .   B   .   .   . .             : ..:Bjr  BEYk5  .     JMNP                             vMBMU.    .      :
B    .   .                                      B                       iSBBBSMBBBBBBBBBBBBNGBBBBMBBBGMqU;Y,:                        .7Bj            .
B                                              .B                   .5BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBM:     ;: .  r1:                        j
B                   .PMZ         i.            JB         ,.,:..,,YBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBMBBBBBBBBBBBBE5OBBBBFqiuB5 .   :vBBBZB
B                   .EP:   ,. ..JBBMUJOMMOBMGEkBB27702UF0BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
B    ..            7r:j7NGMBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
B     ,.rLL1k5P00BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
B::r2BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

ETA: Ugh! Ninja'd by mscha. I have no idea why it sometimes warns me of impending ninjas and sometimes does not.

Ximenez

Postby Ximenez » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:39 pm UTC

NoMouse wrote:Ok, the stars are gone, so here's the last

STITCHING TIME!

Great pix, NoMouse!
Can we calculate how long did Megan sleep?

Oh, and thanks to all the Waiters who liked the "Here comes the sun" OTTification!

ETA: Trying to answer myself. Megan slept for 73 frames (from 2381 to 2454, mscha's numbers, which ignore the meteor frames). If there were 6.5 minutes between frames, that makes 474.5 minutes. Almost exactly 8 hours!
(Edited many times to fix the calculation.)
Last edited by Ximenez on Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:51 pm UTC, edited 3 times in total.

taixzo

Re: ASCII Time

Postby taixzo » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:44 pm UTC

mscha wrote:Current frame for AluisioASG:
Spoiler:

@..............................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.............................
@....................................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,..,,,,................................
@......................................................,............................................
#``````.....................;::..............................................................```````
#``````````````............#@@@#+....................................................```````````````
#``````````````````````.`+@@@@@@@.:,.......................................`````````````````````````
#```````````````````````,@@@'+;+@@@@#:````.``.........``````````````````````````````````````````````
#``````````````````````.,@#@@#@@'@@@@+.`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
#`````````````````````.@@@#@#';'@##@@#``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
#``````````````````````+@#@#@#,;;,:'#'@#````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
#`````````````````````.#@#:@;;`:#@@@@####.``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
#`````````````````````+@@#.,.``;##@@:,@@@```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
#`````````````````````#@,,;###`##@.@.`@@;```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
#`````````````````````:```'+;``,`''@``,`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
#````````````````````````````:`,`''.````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
#`````````````````````````````:.`,.`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
#``````````````````````````````.`:``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
#```````````````````````````````:`````````````````````##````````````````````````````````````````````
#```````````````````````````````#`````````````````````` `';+````````````````````````````.##`````````
#```````````````````````````````#``````````````````.,`'``#@'```````.````````````````````#@##```````
#```````````````````````````````@```````````````````,`#';:''#`,.``+++ ```````````````````#'````````
#           `   ``````````````` @`````````````` '@@@@@@@@@@@#@@@@@@@##::: ``````````` ```,@,       
#                               +             #@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@:` `..` .'   ```,`        ;
#             ,+      .         '      `.,``:@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@##@@@@@@#;@@@;,'# `  ,###
#            `#'`    .++:,;:';;+#.`,,,+#@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@##@@@@@@
#            ` .,,@'#@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
#  ., .  `.,@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
#  .:+@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@+#@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

ETA: no, not done by hand. Link.

Here's one where you can actually see what's going on:

┌────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
│▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒│
│░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░│
│                                                                │
│                ▞▙                                              │
│             ▚▞▚▚▞▚▚▚▞                                          │
│            ▚▙▚▚▞▚▚▚▞▞▙▚                                        │
│          ▚▚▘▘ \│▚▗▜ ▚▚▚                                        │
│             ▚▘ ⎞ /                 ▃▆▃                         │
│                ┃/                 ▝╰─╯                 ▚▗      │
│                ┃               ⎛⎴?⌒│/\                ▞▗▜▞     │
│                ┃         ▁▃▄▆▇▇███████████████▇▆▄      ⎛    ▄  │
│                ┃       ▗▟██████████████████████████████████████│
│   █████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████│
│████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████│

Hooray Unicode!
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:51 pm UTC

Unicode gave Megan a hat!

▃▆▃
╰─╯
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image