1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

yappobiscuits

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:23 am UTC

You bunch of scoundrels, you! Image
HES wrote:
libra wrote:Wonder who's going to be the Pope of Page 1000? That page is getting awfully close.

Statistically, Blitzgirl.

I lol'd. Imagine how mopey a mome she'd be if she were a MILLENImome :P
BlitzGirl wrote:Wowterful! I know almost nothing about music-making, but I found it interesting. :) And bravo on all the molpymolpymolpymolpyness.
P.S. Can I steal your accent sometime?

Thanks! You can borrow my accent any time, just be sure to put it back where you found it (I kinda need it for talking and stuff) Image
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

mscha

Re: On Molpy Making and Werekitties

Postby mscha » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:31 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:This is the right one. Just a little something I knocked together, doesn't go into great detail and it's a simple song anyway, but might be of interest to some of you. If you like it, I could in future do another more in-depth video with a more complicated song, going into how I record guitars and other real instruments, if anyone's interested.

That was much more than a little interesting. Thanks!
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:36 am UTC

mscha wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:This is the right one. Just a little something I knocked together, doesn't go into great detail and it's a simple song anyway, but might be of interest to some of you. If you like it, I could in future do another more in-depth video with a more complicated song, going into how I record guitars and other real instruments, if anyone's interested.

That was much more than a little interesting. Thanks!

Yeah really cool to see how it works :)

BTW yappobiscuits you have a broken smiley on the first line of your last post.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:38 am UTC

Thanks both of you!
Latent22 wrote:BTW yappobiscuits you have a broken smiley on the first line of your last post.

It looks fine to me, what are you seeing?

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:46 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Thanks both of you!
Latent22 wrote:BTW yappobiscuits you have a broken smiley on the first line of your last post.

It looks fine to me, what are you seeing?

comes up as a broken image tag in both firefox and chrome. going to the image link directly it says "the image http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/no/sm ... oticon.gif cannot be displayed because it contains errors"

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:49 am UTC

Sure it's not just you? Anyone else getting the same?

HES

Postby HES » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:50 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Sure it's not just you? Anyone else getting the same?

It's fine for me. It was nice to see some BTS, BTW (shudders at overuse of acronyms)
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:58 am UTC

(LOL) BTW, just FYI, it's A-OK 4 me2. NP. AYS it's rly FUBAR, L22?
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:02 am UTC

MegONG seems to be very good at Waiting for Cueball.

Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:04 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Sure it's not just you? Anyone else getting the same?

Seems it may just be me sorry. Not sure what chirped up thing my work web proxy server is doing but it seems to be just from here that it is getting the image request rejected

Marsh'n

Postby Marsh'n » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:18 am UTC

Ebonite wrote:As Pope, TimeLurker asked for everyone to wish for Cuegan to finally realize their love for each other. I had this song parody in my head for the past couple of dix, so it seems appropriate to post it now, although I wasn't able to finish it in time to get it on the previous NP.

"Time After Time"
(To the tune of "Time After Time" by Cyndi Lauper)

I'm inspired. Time After Time (Lyrics by Ebonite; Karaoke by alberto13511; Vocals by Marsh'n)

ETA: It was great fun watching both of you work, BlitzGirl and yappobiscuits! Sadly mine is not so impressive (nor do I have the lovely accent all the blitzers swoon over...) I just hacked together a recording studio with the one decent mic I had and used my iPhone to play the karaoke as I read Ebonite's words. I was thinking about overdubbing harmonies but I just downloaded Audacity for the first time and I think it will take me weeks to understand it.

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:03 am UTC

Still not movONG

Yay 400 posts.

Marsh'n wrote:I'm inspired. Time After Time (Lyrics by Ebonite; Karaoke by alberto13511; Vocals by Marsh'n)

ETA: It was great fun watching both of you work, BlitzGirl and yappobiscuits! Sadly mine is not so impressive (nor do I have the lovely accent all the blitzers swoon over...) I just hacked together a recording studio with the one decent mic I had and used my iPhone to play the karaoke as I read Ebonite's words. I was thinking about overdubbing harmonies but I just downloaded Audacity for the first time and I think it will take me weeks to understand it.

Sounds cool Marsh'n!

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:13 am UTC

In some ways, it is good to know that, whilst planning our trip to the Smokey's next week, I've not missed much. On the other hand, it really is time to molpy up Cueball!

Why must the GLR, Creator of Time, test our resolve to wait for it? Tis his ineffable will, of course, I know, I know.
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

The past is dead and gone

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:31 am UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:In some ways, it is good to know that, whilst planning our trip to the Smokey's next week, I've not missed much. On the other hand, it really is time to molpy up Cueball!

Why must the GLR, Creator of Time, test our resolve to wait for it? Tis his ineffable will, of course, I know, I know.

Because he does what he wants, and it's not our job to question his will.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Marsh'n

Postby Marsh'n » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:34 am UTC

Latent22 wrote:Yay 400 posts.
Sounds cool Marsh'n!

Congrats on 400! (And thank you!)

latent22_400.jpg
Happy 400 Latent22!

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:40 am UTC

Marsh'n wrote:
Ebonite wrote:As Pope, TimeLurker asked for everyone to wish for Cuegan to finally realize their love for each other. I had this song parody in my head for the past couple of dix, so it seems appropriate to post it now, although I wasn't able to finish it in time to get it on the previous NP.

"Time After Time"
(To the tune of "Time After Time" by Cyndi Lauper)

I'm inspired. Time After Time (Lyrics by Ebonite; Karaoke by alberto13511; Vocals by Marsh'n)

Really nice! I thought it deserved to be brought closer to its full potential though, so I re-mixed it myself just using the same backing track you used, then doing some audio production wizardry to your original to bring out the best sound I could :)

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:50 am UTC

Blind-reply:
Ximenez wrote:
Spoiler:
azule wrote:
Ximenez wrote:Up to now the consensus is that Time frames depict a 2 1/2 D universe, or a 1/3 q slice of a 3D universe. If this is so, then the sun is just a few cm cq behind the tree and is really small. Same for the "sky", which I bet is made of some sort of mustard.
Well, the sun is made of light. The light travels, physically, to the Time Slice, therefore it is present. A bush or mountain in the background stays where it is, therefore it does not get to be part of this slice.

Part of my basis for this theory is that the background is white, and white is light. So it has been true the whole time.
Everything we see is light. Everything we see is "made of light" (reflected or not). If light gets trapped in the Time Slice, and this trapped light is what we see, then we should see everything that's behind it, regardless of what it's "made of".

I prefer the video game explanation given some NP before, even if it is arbitrary (like every representation is). (Although I loved that "the sun is made of light" thing.)
It's funny which statements spark replies. Many replies. I am no longer with full (or even near full) coma and therefore am not remembering how many agreed or disagreed. hah.

To Ximenez, thanks for the appreciation of that line. Didn't think I was saying anything to get appreciated for. On how everything we see is light: well, I said the light of the sun moved into this slice (not the sun itself) and was not talking about light reflections, only direct light, and not exactly anything to do with what our eyes can see, but what is actually there in that slice. The sun counts, the atmosphere counts (due to the prism effect) but mountains and other things not lit up in that slice don't count. Lighting barely shows up in these frames, so the reflexion of an object would of course not be considered.

P.S. This will probably not gain as much of a reply foothold as last time. TL;DR ;)

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:04 am UTC

Augh! Power went out and lost my ketchup replies. Sad dragonmolpy

Near as I can recall, the most important one had something to do with the post about how the technical users on this thread aren't wizards. And it's true! I've only taken a single CS class, all my programming skills are self-taught using the internet (mostly w3schools.com for web design and stack overflow for everything else). If anyone was interested, I could do a brief quick little thing on the newpix-o-meter (web, desktop, or both). I've also only taken a single (digital or otherwise) art class, my photoshop (drawing, giffing, and otherwise) skills came from derping around and using it a lot.

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:10 am UTC

HONGABILITY...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

thirds

Postby thirds » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:34 am UTC

Not even any molpy activity? Maybe Cueball and Megan became trolls and are now turned to stone with the sunrise?

rvloon

Postby rvloon » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:55 am UTC

thirds wrote:Not even any molpy activity? Maybe Cueball and Megan became trolls and are now turned to stone with the sunrise?

In the early days of Time, someone looked at the timestamps of the drawings, to see when things got created. Maybe there is some clue as to the busy-ness of GLR? What-if was late as well, and if I might say while funny, not particularly in-depth.

Ronald

PS: No replies to my Schroedinger's dilemma post. *snif* you OTT-barbarians! You just don't appreciate the fine art of textcraft!
Spoiler:
I followed Time until The End and I cannot even buy a chirping T-shirt.

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:10 am UTC

ONGINAL...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:13 am UTC

Man, missed 2 newpix in a row. I'm slow tonight.

We can only assume that since the m*stardy sky still hasn't been fixed that Randall is busy cooking something up...

*Kat*

Re: The past is dead and gone

Postby *Kat* » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:14 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:In some ways, it is good to know that, whilst planning our trip to the Smokey's next week, I've not missed much. On the other hand, it really is time to molpy up Cueball!

What?

I get that the religion thing is a joke, but isn't this taking things a bit too far? I imagine that if Randall was at the head of his own religion his first commandment would be "question EVERYTHING".

Is that not the running theme of the OTC? Why are Megan and Cueball there? Because they had a question and set off in search for an answer. Then they had another question and another and another.

Tis our job to question EVERYTHING. Including WTF is Cueball STILL SLEEPING? He's slept way longer than Megan did. Its gotta be close to mid-morning where they are.

Whoops, I've gone off topic.

Where was I?

Oh yeah.

QUESTION EVERYTHING.

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:16 am UTC

- Blindpost -

Protip for ChronosDragon: You don't need to cut off the top of your hat, avatars can have a height up to 150px :wink:
Go! Go! You can do it username5243!
Cheers Marsh'n!

THANKS KARHELL!! :)

Eternal Density

Niclep fell asleep in his nest of molpy down.

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:31 am UTC

Prediction: I'll be comaing during newpage 1000.
Also, I'm finding waiting for it to be harder now that there's no stars to watch :(
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

BlitzGirl

Wait for it.

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:33 am UTC

@Ebonite, Marsh'n, yappo: Image Excellent work, all of you, on the ottification of Time After Time, the performance, and the remix! I love collaborative Waiting. :mrgreen:

*Kat* wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:
Spoiler:

What?

I get that the religion thing is a joke, but isn't this taking things a bit too far? I imagine that if Randall was at the head of his own religion his first commandment would be "question EVERYTHING".
Spoiler:
Is that not the running theme of the OTC? Why are Megan and Cueball there? Because they had a question and set off in search for an answer. Then they had another question and another and another.

Tis our job to question EVERYTHING. Including WTF is Cueball STILL SLEEPING? He's slept way longer than Megan did. Its gotta be close to mid-morning where they are.

Where was I?

Oh yeah.

QUESTION EVERYTHING.

Welcome back to the thread of Time, Kat. We do indeed have many questions here, but we know that if we Wait for it, some of them at least will be answered. If you check the past newpages of the OTT, you will see many questions and heresies. We question Time, and GLR, and the actions of Cuegan, for we are not perfect in our Waits. We question our religions, hence why we have so many sects. We question our astronomy, and our bots. We even question ourselves. I'm curious, would you have a question for your own past self? The one who posted this:

*Kat*, Newpage 250 wrote:
Flotter wrote:Does that mean the end of Time is near?

Randall only knows.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:42 am UTC

Wildhound wrote:Blindpost from the previous newpage to let you guys know that if you happen to be equipped with an Android device you can now download the unofficial OTC live wallpaper for the low, low price of molpycake.

BLINDPOSTING to say this is awesome! I will be installing it on my Galaxy SIII tomorrow mip.

Coma, ya'll. Molpy down. Image
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

spamjam

BAB

Postby spamjam » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:42 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Also, I'm finding waiting for it to be harder now that there's no stars to watch :(

Which reminds me...all you waiters who were bored with watching the stars pass by and by andby andbyand byandbyand byandbyandby andbyandbyandby grapevine grapevine...ARE YOU HAPPY NOW? No more stars to watch. Except for The Big One. Indirectly.

Flado
Location: Lost in Time on NP 1084/1947; Schizoblitzed NP1156-1170

Postby Flado » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:45 am UTC

ChronosDragon, more than a mip ago, wrote:And THAT reminds me of a fun video proving the Pythagorean theorem!

I was wondering when a link to the amazing Vi Hart would pop up on the OTT :-) That's the first one, I believe?
Patriarch of the Western Paradox Church (ret'd)
-
All the stars are dust on my screen -- Marsh'n
The best computer game is a compiler. -- Exodies
I thought I was wrong, but it turned out I was mistaken. -- ucim
You have to grow older. You need not grow up. -- bmonk

yappobiscuits

Re: Wait for it.

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:50 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:@Ebonite, Marsh'n, yappo: Image Excellent work, all of you, on the ottification of Time After Time, the performance, and the remix! I love collaborative Waiting. :mrgreen:

Thanks! Collaborative waiting is awesomeful indeed! :mrgreen:

higgs-boson

Postby higgs-boson » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:04 am UTC

Meditationg

And to add:
42 guests wrote:
Wildhound wrote:I got so ninjad.

[spoiler]STANDONG

ing goes here...

Someone will probably notice before approval, but...
No, you were not. Look at the image hashes, and direction of Megan's head! :)

One of the weirdest first posts I've seen in the OTT. Welcome anyway, 42 guests.
Last edited by higgs-boson on Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:05 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Apostolic Visitator, Holiest of Holy Fun-Havers
You have questions about XKCD: "Time"? There's a whole Wiki dedicated to it!

Neil_Boekend

Re: The past is dead and gone

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:05 am UTC

*Kat* wrote:I get that the religion thing is a joke, but isn't this taking things a bit too far? I imagine that if Randall was at the head of his own religion his first commandment would be "question EVERYTHING".

masses of Kat's followers wrote: Question Everything, Question Everything, Question Everything.

Single guy in the crowd wrote:Why should I question everything. That's far to much work!
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

BlitzGirl

Yay Megan!

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:05 am UTC

spamjam wrote:Which reminds me...all you waiters who were bored with watching the stars pass by and by andby andbyand byandbyand byandbyandby andbyandbyandby grapevine grapevine...ARE YOU HAPPY NOW? No more stars to watch. Except for The Big One. Indirectly.

I'm happy, because now we're watching Megan, so we know she's not dead or dying while lying there motionless on the ground. :mrgreen:

(I was also irritated with the Long Night because I felt like I didn't have anything useful to add to the extensive OTT astronomy discussion, but that's a personal failing, not related to Time.) :wink:

yappobiscuits wrote:
Spoiler:
HES wrote:
libra wrote:Wonder who's going to be the Pope of Page 1000? That page is getting awfully close.

Mopey Molpy MilleniMome = forever mopey. Actually, probably not forever, but certainly for a good while into the second millennium of the OTT.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:06 am UTC

Vytron wrote:- Blindpost -

Protip for ChronosDragon: You don't need to cut off the top of your hat, avatars can have a height up to 150px :wink:

Yeah, not satisfied with the way its currently cropped. Actually, my source image (original drawing) doesn't go up higher than that, so if I wanted to make it taller I'd have to actually draw the bits that are cut off. Either way, before that'll happen I'll be giffing it, and to do that I need to find a way to get it under 125kb.

Flado wrote:
ChronosDragon, more than a mip ago, wrote:And THAT reminds me of a fun video proving the Pythagorean theorem!

I was wondering when a link to the amazing Vi Hart would pop up on the OTT :-) That's the first one, I believe?

There's been several...some more recent than others. Not sure if mine was the first.

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

On the babycoffeesea…

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:11 am UTC

*Kat* wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:

What?

Where was I?

Oh yeah.

QUESTION EVERYTHING.

I'll take you haven't seen that movie yet. Or perhaps I should remember that people don't have the same mental context than I do.

Furthermore, we don't need to question everything, even because it wouldn't matter (unless the GLR gets info on the OTT). All we can do is
Spoiler:

Also, this post concludes the Time Oddity presentation. Gotta coma and then work on Cat People (Molpy People?).

Spoiler:
Time Oddity ― Based on David Bowie's Space Oddity.

Time Control to Major Thong
Take your proton pills and set your clock to ONG
Commencing countdown; sync 'em now
Check all systems, and may Megball be with you

This is Time Control to Major Thong
You really gave us a scare
But now the papers want to know which time is there
Now it's time to leave the capsule, if you dare

This is Major Thong to Time Control
I'm swimming through a sea
And I'm floating in a most peculiar way
And our star looks very different today
Now here, I am floating on a bucket
Far from the shore
Only black and white
That is everything in my sight

Though I'm floating alongside the tide
It won't wait for me
And I think my ship has sailed a long time ago
Tell ? I love her very much

She knows!
The signal is lost
We will miss you
Can you hear us, Major Thong?
Can you see us, Major Thong?
Can you feel us, Major Thong?
Can you…?

Here, I am floating on this bucket
To a river, we go
On the babycoffeesea…

(Ain't I a nice guy? Posted the whole thing for y'll.)
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

*Kat*

Re: Wait for it.

Postby *Kat* » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:17 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:@Ebonite, Marsh'n, yappo: Image Excellent work, all of you, on the ottification of Time After Time, the performance, and the remix! I love collaborative Waiting. :mrgreen:

*Kat* wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:
Spoiler:

What?

Spoiler:

Where was I?

Oh yeah.

QUESTION EVERYTHING.

Welcome back to the thread of Time, Kat. We do indeed have many questions here, but we know that if we Wait for it, some of them at least will be answered. If you check the past newpages of the OTT, you will see many questions and heresies. We question Time, and GLR, and the actions of Cuegan, for we are not perfect in our Waits. We question our religions, hence why we have so many sects. We question our astronomy, and our bots. We even question ourselves. I'm curious, would you have a question for your own past self? The one who posted this:

*Kat*, Newpage 250 wrote:
Flotter wrote:Does that mean the end of Time is near?

Randall only knows.

There is a difference between acknowledging that there are some questions only Randall can answer and telling someone that it is not our job to question Randall's intentions.

I say "acknowledging" because I had been wondering the same thing as Flotter.

higgs-boson

Re: 411

Postby higgs-boson » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:19 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:(LOL) BTW, just FYI, it's A-OK 4 me2. NP. AYS it's rly FUBAR, L22?

"Having said this - does it make me look younger?!" *blink* *wink*
Apostolic Visitator, Holiest of Holy Fun-Havers
You have questions about XKCD: "Time"? There's a whole Wiki dedicated to it!

rvloon

Re: Yay Megan!

Postby rvloon » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:22 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
spamjam wrote:Which reminds me...all you waiters who were bored with watching the stars pass by and by andby andbyand byandbyand byandbyandby andbyandbyandby grapevine grapevine...ARE YOU HAPPY NOW? No more stars to watch. Except for The Big One. Indirectly.

I'm happy, because now we're watching Megan, so we know she's not dead or dying while lying there motionless on the ground. :mrgreen:

(I was also irritated with the Long Night because I felt like I didn't have anything useful to add to the extensive OTT astronomy discussion, but that's a personal failing, not related to Time.) :wink:

yappobiscuits wrote:
Spoiler:
HES wrote:

Mopey Molpy MilleniMome = forever mopey. Actually, probably not forever, but certainly for a good while into the second millennium of the OTT.

Why would it be milleNimome if it is also milleNNium? Congruence failed!

higgs-boson wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:(LOL) BTW, just FYI, it's A-OK 4 me2. NP. AYS it's rly FUBAR, L22?

"Having said this - does it make me look younger?!" *blink* *wink*

You're one of the most elusive particles ever, and you wonder whether we can see you? The mind boggles!

Ronald
Spoiler:
I followed Time until The End and I cannot even buy a chirping T-shirt.

*Kat*

Re: On the babycoffeesea…

Postby *Kat* » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:28 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:
*Kat* wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:

What?

Spoiler:

Where was I?

Oh yeah.

QUESTION EVERYTHING.

I'll take you haven't seen that movie yet. Or perhaps I should remember that people don't have the same mental context than I do.

Spoiler:
Furthermore, we don't need to question everything, even because it wouldn't matter (unless the GLR gets info on the OTT). All we can do is
[spoiler]Image

Also, this post concludes the Time Oddity presentation. Gotta coma and then work on Cat People (Molpy People?).

Spoiler:
Time Oddity ― Based on David Bowie's Space Oddity.

Take your proton pills and set your clock to ONG
Commencing countdown; sync 'em now
Check all systems, and may Megball be with you

This is Time Control to Major Thong
You really gave us a scare
But now the papers want to know which time is there
Now it's time to leave the capsule, if you dare

This is Major Thong to Time Control
I'm swimming through a sea
And I'm floating in a most peculiar way
And our star looks very different today
Now here, I am floating on a bucket
Far from the shore
Only black and white
That is everything in my sight

Though I'm floating alongside the tide
It won't wait for me
And I think my ship has sailed a long time ago
Tell ? I love her very much

She knows!
The signal is lost
We will miss you
Can you hear us, Major Thong?
Can you see us, Major Thong?
Can you feel us, Major Thong?
Can you…?

Here, I am floating on this bucket
To a river, we go
On the babycoffeesea…

(Ain't I a nice guy? Posted the whole thing for y'll.)

No, I've seen it. A couple of versions. If I recall correctly, Our Hero was told that he may not like the answers....

Or at least that's how I remember it....

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”