1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Re: I love the whole thread.

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:49 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Present present time! :mrgreen: Extended version including the second comic as well as the first.

mp3 download also available.
OMR! This is so wowterful! Image Thanks, yappo! I was smiling during the whole thing!
*immediately downloads*
Boom de yada, boom de yada, boom de yada, boom de yada! Image
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

pelrigg

Re: I love the whole thread.

Postby pelrigg » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:53 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Present present time! :mrgreen: Extended version including the second comic as well as the first.

Multiple wonderfulnesses in one day.
yappo that was "Brilliant" (and I mean that in the most "British" of ways... (Actually, I usually hear it my head with a Ron Weasley sort of voice. :oops: :roll: ))

P.S. I just downloaded the mp3 too and am listening to it as I write this.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

pelrigg

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby pelrigg » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:05 am UTC

An Ong for us

Popey Ong, Hmmm.

Hey did anyone listen to this (It was in my page goat post of NP996)?
Today over at Phil Plait's place "Bad Astronomy" under the title Schrödinger’s Song is this wonderful little ditty by The Gargle Blasters called Uncertainty.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

BytEfLUSh

Postby BytEfLUSh » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:15 am UTC

The only known sign of success is that the moderators have given up on you (well, us). Just like the entire OTT - we are within their rules, but our informal rules keep the conversation going.
Last edited by BytEfLUSh on Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:18 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

-- Professor Dan, The Man from Earth (paraphrased)

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:18 am UTC

Oh me yarm! So awesome! This is the best :D If only you could like things multiple times on youtube!
Last edited by ChronosDragon on Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:21 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

BlueCrab

Postby BlueCrab » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:18 am UTC

Finally home! Can't condiment tonight, but I have a silly puzzle (completely off-topic.)

Translate into a song:
Hippo birdie Cue Cue
Hippo birdie Cue Cue
Hippo birdie, Cervidae Callinectes sapidus
Hippo birdie Cue Cue

Cake for everybody!
Spoiler:
image.jpg
image.jpg (17.87 KiB) Viewed 12481 times
Oops, that was a few yips ago. I know, I'll add more cakes...
Spoiler:
image.jpg
Here's a nice one...
Spoiler:
image.jpg
A pretty fowl cake
image.jpg (53.97 KiB) Viewed 12481 times
Spoiler:
image.jpg
A layer cake
Spoiler:
image.jpg
Pizza time
Spoiler:
image.jpg
An otter one
Oh! Can't forget the ice cream...
Spoiler:
image.jpg
Ice cream

Redundakitty
Spoiler:
image.jpg
Vere kitty
image.jpg (45.52 KiB) Viewed 12481 times

And on topic, yay! I've still got a lot to read but I see that Cueball's awake and Megan's leg is supposed to be not too bad!

ETA: did I steal the verekitty from someone here? It's been a long day...
Last edited by BlueCrab on Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:20 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Wiki Wiki Wiki Wiki Grapevine, Grapevine

"Kvetcher-upper" -- one who complains while ketchupping? - CasCat

“Pretty much everything tastes better if you eat it in the shower.” - ggh

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:19 am UTC

BytEfLUSh wrote:The only known sign of success is that the moderators have given up on you (well, us). Just like the OTT - we are within their rules, but our informal rules keep the conversation going.

Okay, I'm confused. What is this in relation to?????????????????? :?: :?

Edit
@ BlueCrab bunches and bunches of "pretty neat" "wow" cakes. Can I get a small slice of each one? Maybe not yappo's wet one, but what the heck , I'll try it.
Last edited by pelrigg on Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:24 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:21 am UTC

Hippo birdie, BlueCrab! Hope you like the Present Present I got for you (well, for the whole thread, really, but you're in it)! :)
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:22 am UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:

I am greatly cheered up now. Thanks! :mrgreen:

BlitzGirl wrote:OMR! This is so wowterful! Image Thanks, yappo! I was smiling during the whole thing!
*immediately downloads*
Boom de yada, boom de yada, boom de yada, boom de yada! Image

pelrigg wrote:Multiple wonderfulnesses in one day.
yappo that was "Brilliant" (and I mean that in the most "British" of ways... (Actually, I usually hear it my head with a Ron Weasley sort of voice. :oops: :roll: ))

P.S. I just downloaded the mp3 too and am listening to it as I write this.

ChronosDragon wrote:Gee Willikers! So awesome! This is the best :D

Thank you all! Image

And pelrigg - is that a British thing? I never knew, I use it all the time and presumed those across the pond did too :P (it's probably my main go-to word for that meaning, rather than "awesome" or "cool" etc)

Hippo birdy BlueCrab, and thanks for the otter cakes! :mrgreen:
Last edited by yappobiscuits on Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:23 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

BytEfLUSh

Postby BytEfLUSh » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:22 am UTC

pelrigg wrote:
BytEfLUSh wrote:The only known sign of success is that the moderators have given up on you (well, us). Just like the OTT - we are within their rules, but our informal rules keep the conversation going.

Ummm.... Sorry about that, it's past 5am here, and I'm also not sure which post I was replying to... Sec...

Are you inquiring about the first or second part of the sentence? :)

-- Professor Dan, The Man from Earth (paraphrased)

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:33 am UTC

BytEfLUSh wrote:
pelrigg wrote:

Ummm.... Sorry about that, it's past 5am here, and I'm also not sure which post I was replying to... Sec...

Have some breakfast cake. (Sugar rush in the morning. Yeah. Only thing better would be "Chocolate Sugar Bombs" with extra sugar in chocolate milk.)
Edit In (to reply to your edit(?)):
Your post showed up after my Ong, I was just wondering if you were talking to me.

re: brilliant
yappobiscuits wrote:And pelrigg - is that a British thing? I never knew, I use it all the time and presumed those across the pond did too :P (it's probably my main go-to word for that meaning, rather than "awesome" or "cool" etc)

I thought it was mostly British. The only place I know I've heard it is in "Harry Potter". ( :oops: )
Last edited by pelrigg on Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:35 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:34 am UTC

I keep looking back at the OTC surprised that hardly anything has happened, since the OTT just zipped along todip. :P

yappobiscuits wrote:

And pelrigg - is that a British thing? I never knew, I use it all the time and presumed those across the pond did too :P (it's probably my main go-to word for that meaning, rather than "awesome" or "cool" etc)

Americans use it rarely, generally "awesome" or "cool" are the go-to words over here. We're probably more likely to see British characters use it in movies (like Harry Potter) than we are to hear "Brilliant!" spoken like that in everyday conversation. Your mileage (kilometerage?) may vary, of course.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Beacon Alpha for Time Travelers

Postby AluisioASG » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:36 am UTC

ATTENTION TIME TRAVELERS (BLITZERS, KETCHUPERS, MAYOS ET AL.)

This is a post from the Time Foundation. Once you reach this post, please report to the Future Present that you've reached Beacon Alpha.

You can use this Station's services to rest and get ready for the rest of your journey. All our services are designed based on almost one thousand pages of experience.
Our Tracker allows you to check how far have you gone and how much of your travel is still to be done, as well as the distance to the next station. You can clean yourself up at a private lavatory, then rest peacefully on a double-sized bed. Dinner and breakfast include food from all cultures, and you can eat as much as you want to. We also provide exclusive nighttime services for carriers of friendly codes.

Additionally, we offer a free train service between all Stations.
Last edited by AluisioASG on Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:11 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:41 am UTC

A mini-ketchup.
SBN wrote:
pelrigg wrote:In the last few pages I've noticed a couple of us "kind-of, sort-of" questioning partying on NP1000. ("It's just another number", etc.)
Since when has this group ever turned down a reason to celebrate?????
Tell you what, here's a comprimise.... :idea:
Let those who want to celebrate NP 1000 (look at all those zeroes) can have that page.
Let those who want to celebrate NP 1001 as the milenial page (hey the first page was #1, right?) can have that page.
Let those who want to celebrate NP 1024 (it's computer related) can have that page.
And those who want to party like it's 999, here you go

You forgot 1111.

And then 1190!

BlitzGirl wrote:
1000 Newpages!

Here's a Present Present for all you OTTers out there!

Redundant spoiler:
Spoiler:
DistractionRedundakitty.png

Large Size:
1000NewpagesLarge.png

Small Size:
1000NewpagesSmall.png

Inspired by http://xkcd.com/1000/ of course.

Edit:
Spoiler:
Mopey Molpy MillenniMome!
My decree:
Wait for it.

To bad I had to miss this. My family and I were on the road going to a cabin near Mount Hood in Oregon when this landmark was reached. Luckily there is wi-fi here, so I can stay in the present.

ChronosDragon wrote:
BytEfLUSh wrote:I gotta go meta on this thread... It may be heretical at some points and I hope GLR forgives me.

[outside heresy]
Has anyone noticed the correlation of various Internet memes with this thread? Internet memes are formed with millions of people spreading the jargon, catch-phrases, video and audio clips. Some message boards also have their own jargon and "memes", but they usually count tens of thousands of members and years of development. However, here, there are only cca 1200 people that have posted in OTT and the vast majority of them aren't around anymore. I am not even a regular, yet I understand all the "funny" words and I'd be surprised if someone didn't. Heck, even members reading this thread without a single post have become famous (Mrs. MobTeeseGoose, I hope you read this.) This may be the most homogenous group on the Internet... Ask someone about molpies, GLR, OTC, OTT, Page Pope, Page Goat (excuse me if those existed before - I never saw them), LaPetite, Cuegan, Megball, "molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy grapevine grapevine" and all of the other words and phrases I can't remember right now - the ones where spellcheck puts a squiggly red line underneath. I wasn't around before the "Eternal September", but my best guess is - this is what it looked like.
[/outside heresy]

TLDR: You are all awesome! :D

ETE: It sounded like I have no clue about English language. Hopefully fixed.
ETA: Wikilink

From what I understand, Page Pope came out of the already existing Page King which is often the bane of some forums. We seem to have embraced and modified it to suit our whims, however.[/spoiler]

I think it started when we needed someone as a replacement while Helper was missing the first time. Some people proposed that BlitzGirl would be become Mome when she would reach the present, but we eventually decided to have the PFAN instead.

The long anticipated performance of second verse has arrived!

For last page's Pope:
The week during which Time began, I was at the cabin that I'm at now. As I mentioned, it has wi-fi, but I didn't check on XKCD at all. When I got back, I went through what had missed. When I came across Time, I was confused. I saw a frame like the one BlitzGirl first saw and similarly thought the sandcastles were actual castles. I waited a bit when I saw the alt-text, but nothing happened, so continued to the following comics. Eventually, I came back and saw Meagan's head. To figure out what's going on I went to Explain XKCD and found out that It updates. Next I checked the forum and found the OTT.
Sir Tristram, Guardian of the Time Cats, Defender of the One True Comic, Landsknecht von der Zeit.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

BlitzGirl

Re: Beacon Alpha for Time Travelers

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:42 am UTC

I like the beacon idea for blitzers.

AluisioASG wrote:@BlitzGirl: My 600th was 10 pages ago. Too late. I'm sad.

Nonsense. This is the thread of Time. Image There's always time to party! Think of all the OTTers stuck in the Outside or a-coma during the 1000th newpage that have yet to celebrate!
In any case, I'm sure we'll still be around to congratulate you on your 700th. :)
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:45 am UTC

BytEfLUSh wrote:
pelrigg wrote:

Are you inquiring about the first or second part of the sentence? :)

I thought it was related to the individual who was triple posting on page 999.

@Yappo Yes, we don't really use "brilliant" in that way over here, which is a shame because I do so love that particular usage of it. I do use it sometimes, but sparingly. Luckily, most of my coworkers are used to me saying "odd things".
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:49 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:

Americans use it rarely, generally "awesome" or "cool" are the go-to words over here. We're probably more likely to see British characters use it in movies (like Harry Potter) than we are to hear "Brilliant!" spoken like that in everyday conversation. Your mileage (kilometerage?) may vary, of course.

Ah, ok. I shall continue to use it though, as it is a brilliant word ;)

(And it's still miles for us, kilometers is just mainland Europe)

ucim

Postby ucim » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:56 am UTC

edo wrote:tell us about your earliest OTC memory
I'm a long-time xkcd fan, since long before the forum link was removed from the comic. I first came across 1190 in the ordinary course of my webcomicing (I have a handful I used to follow... now I have to manually remember to remember them!) and thought it was one of his existential ones; a nice metaphor for "enjoy life while you have it...the little moments are what life is made of" or somesuch. The forum thread indicated something had changed, so I figured maybe Randall had possibly corrected something, as he occasionally does, and didn't think much of it. But when other frames were forthcoming, I realized something else was up. I followed it as it developed, but refrained from posting on my standard theory that "whatever clever thing I might think of, if I just wait for it, somebody else will think of it too". (It's one of the things that kept me from registering on xkcd in the first place, despite being a follower. I finally joined when I had something to say in the Pressures (split into Relativity or somesuch) thread.)

BlitzGirl's quest kind of electrified the thread for me, and I posted primarily to pompously present her with a suitable title (since she has so few!) and join the celebration, and once you're in, you're in. That ultimately led to the Acts of the Clerics, but that, little Adam, is another story.

charlie_grumbles wrote:History lesson time. Look up motte and bailey castle at wikipedia. It was the first sort of "castle" in Europe. Windsor Castle started out like that. A big pile of dirt surrounded by a moat (ditch, where the dirt in the pile came from) and that surrounded by a fence (palisade). Once secured you could start to build stuff inside the fence and later replace that with a proper wall, etc. It is pretty good protection against folks with simple (non projectile) weapons. But trebuchets came later too.
As Spock would say, "fascinating". Near where I live we have "The Palasades", a bunch of cliffs on the Hudson River; now I know "the rest of the story".

@yappobiscuits: Awesome "boom de yada" audio - and thanks again to BlitzGirl for the past present present that led to it... and for the awesome present present present on the top of the 1000 page! Of course, you'll now never convince me that you are mopey when you are a Mome! There is no question that you Waited For It. :)

I guess I missed partaking in the OTT Millenium celebration; I was off showing some people lighting design stuff for the nearby theater. But it does look like there's some cake left, and I don't mind helping to ensure that it all gets appreciated!

@AluisioASG: Congrats on 600! I would have brought cake but <burp!>. Sheesh these pages go fast!

Marsh'n wrote:Jose,
That is beautiful and very very sad. I am sorry for your loss, but she has been remembered beautifully.
It is, indeed, all related.

mscha wrote:Now that the party is past, I had a chance to properly listen to this.
A lovely song, and a worthy remembrance!
Thank you both. I hope it makes it into the folk repetoire, and ages hence people will still be singing her song.

There is lots of other stuff I wanted to respond to, but

The river of time:
Deep, fast, and turbulent.
"Now" vanishes fast.

yappobiscuits wrote:Ah, ok. I shall continue to use it though, as it is a brilliant word ;)
Quite.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Re: Beacon Alpha for Time Travelers

Postby AluisioASG » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:00 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I like the beacon idea for blitzers.
AluisioASG wrote:@BlitzGirl: My 600th was 10 pages ago. Too late. I'm sad.

Nonsense. This is the thread of Time. Image There's always time to party! Think of all the OTTers stuck in the Outside or a-coma during the 1000th newpage that have yet to celebrate!
In any case, I'm sure we'll still be around to congratulate you on your 700th. :)

Yah, and your Present cheered me up anyway. Yet, that's going to take a while — I only have 66 (now 65) posts scheduled for the next thousand pages (I decided to play Randall and timely deliver my next ottification).
Last edited by AluisioASG on Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:24 am UTC, edited 3 times in total.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:00 am UTC

Image Image ONG
Midnight July 4th, Randall Daylight time (so there)

Thanks for the smilies yet again, BlitzGirl

@ k.bookbinder: yeah I thought it might be more toward him.

Is anyone going to look at this: The Gargle Blasters Uncertainty? It's Neat!!!!

Edit: speling
Last edited by pelrigg on Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:17 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:06 am UTC

pelrigg wrote:
Spoiler:
Image Image ONG

@ k.bookbinder: yeah I thoght it might be more toward him.

I did :mrgreen:

It it nearly time for me to coma, but I really would like to see a different frame. If nothing else, I'm rather sick of looking at that tree.

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:16 am UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:
pelrigg wrote:
Spoiler:
Image Image ONG

It it nearly time for me to coma, but I really would like to see a different frame. If nothing else, I'm rather sick of looking at that tree.

You said it: 188 frames since we first saw it.
Of course, if GLR stays true to course+, we'll keep on this bloody tree until a) a molpy of some sort shows up; b) another person shows up; or c) the tree dies of old age!
So, you DID like the song. I wouldn't bring something to the plate if it wasn't somewhat enjoyable.

+ ie: he's f**king with us yet again.*

Well; Wait For It...

*edit to add "with us" :oops: (it does change the sentence doesn't it. :oops: )
Last edited by pelrigg on Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:31 am UTC, edited 3 times in total.

ucim

1190: "Time"

Postby ucim » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:21 am UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:It it nearly time for me to coma, but I really would like to see a different frame. If nothing else, I'm rather sick of looking at that tree.
So soon, and we have to break out the comfy chair? If it is the OTA's ineffable will that we see that tree, then that is His Will. We will be all the more enriched by it. If there is more heresy, we'll have to break out the chocolate... or wait... are we burning the steaks now instead? (It's been so long since we've used that one!)

After your One True Pennance1, I would like to say that I'm glad the One True Thread has cheered you up when you needed it, and hope that you don't need it in the future (but still want it. :)

pelrigg wrote:You said it: 188 frames since we first saw it.
Of course, if GLR stays true to course+, we'll keep on this bloody tree until a) a molpy of some sort shows up; b) another person shows up; or c) the tree dies of old age!
Another one! ¡No esperé necesitar hacer esto en Español! ¡Eso nadie lo espera!

Jose
1actually, I think we have many True Pennances, so I suppose this is also heresy. I guess I'll need a steak too.
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:25 am UTC

Burn the steaks! :mrgreen:
Spoiler:

pelrigg wrote:Thanks for the smilies yet again, BlitzGirl
<snip>Is anyone going to look at this: The Gargle Blasters Uncertainty? It's Neat!!!!

You're welcome yet again!
And yeah, that is 3!

ucim wrote:<snip> BlitzGirl's quest kind of electrified the thread for me, and I posted primarily to pompously present her with a suitable title (since she has so few!) and join the celebration, and once you're in, you're in. That ultimately led to the Acts of the Clerics, but that, little Adam, is another story. <more snip>
@yappobiscuits: Awesome "boom de yada" audio - and thanks again to BlitzGirl for the past present present that led to it... and for the awesome present present present on the top of the 1000 page! Of course, you'll now never convince me that you are mopey when you are a Mome! There is no question that you Waited For It. :)

Well...yes. I Wait very well when it is important to me to do so. :P But I'm the Mopey Molpy Mome! If I can't be mopey when I accidentally Mome myself, whatever shall I do?
You're welcome for the present3 and I'm very happy that little old me and my quest inspired you to join us, Jose. :D Now it's impossible to think of what the OTT would be like without you and the Acts of the Clerics!

AluisioASG wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Nonsense. This is the thread of Time. Image There's always time to party! Think of all the OTTers stuck in the Outside or a-coma during the 1000th newpage that have yet to celebrate!

Yah, and your Present cheered me up anyway. Yet, that's going to take a while — I only have 66 (now 65) posts scheduled for the next thousand pages (I decided to play Randall and timely deliver my next ottification; check the sig :wink:).

Oh! Another Timely thing to Wait for! Well, I'm still sure we'll be around. :)

3neat
3not a footnote
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

In the present.

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:35 am UTC

Wow.
So much cake and ottification and redundakitties and present presents!! Thank you all who contributed and participated :D
Wildhound wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:
Wildhound wrote:OTC Livewallpaper update: I have a much improved version running on my device now. I can't update it the version on Google Play from here, but will do so when I get home in ~4 newpix.
Yep, it's pretty neat and knows what it's doing on my SIII.
One minor quibble: there's quite a delay when changing orientation. I can live with it, but any efforts to speed it up would be welcome.
It might be a while before you read this, but thanks for the feedback!

The problem is I don't have a device to test orientations on and the emulator is always really slow. I can think of a thing or two that might improve it, but on the other hand might make it worse and I wouldn't know until I published the changes and got feedback. That said, I will continue to think about the best way to improve it!
Alrighty, I'll let you know when applicable. And thanks for making it!

Quiz Time!
What do you suppose these images would be:
alna.png
prvyvat.png
onfrzrag.png
ybat.png
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:41 am UTC

pelrigg wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:
pelrigg wrote:
Spoiler:
Image Image ONG

+ ie: he's f**king yet again.

Well; Wait For It...

Another person? LaPetite perhaps?

*Kat*

Postby *Kat* » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:44 am UTC

pelrigg wrote:Image Image ONG
Spoiler:

What do you want to bet that the next frame will contain the same scenery, but without Cueball and Megan?

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:45 am UTC

ucim wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:It it nearly time for me to coma, but I really would like to see a different frame. If nothing else, I'm rather sick of looking at that tree.
So soon, and we have to break out the comfy chair? If it is the OTA's ineffable will that we see that tree, then that is His Will. We will be all the more enriched by it. If there is more heresy, we'll have to break out the chocolate... or wait... are we burning the steaks now instead? (It's been so long since we've used that one!)

After your One True Pennance1, I would like to say that I'm glad the One True Thread has cheered you up when you needed it, and hope that you don't need it in the future (but still want it. :)

pelrigg wrote:You said it: 188 frames since we first saw it.
Another one! ¡No esperé necesitar hacer esto en Español! ¡Eso nadie lo espera!

Jose
1actually, I think we have many True Pennances, so I suppose this is also heresy. I guess I'll need a steak too.

*sniff* *sniff* did someone fire up the grill?

I am trying very hard to wait for the next frame. I realize, though, that I should probably coma. I had readied my last post and then became distracted by a notebook. It was some moments before I realized I had not actually submitted the post. Not too much longer now.

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:46 am UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:
pelrigg wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:
pelrigg wrote:
Spoiler:
Image Image ONG

+ ie: he's f**king yet again.

Well; Wait For It...

I will be really frustrated if LaPetite never shows up again.
Sir Tristram, Guardian of the Time Cats, Defender of the One True Comic, Landsknecht von der Zeit.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

BlitzGirl

Encgbe.png

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:49 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Quiz Time!
alna.png
prvyvat.png
onfrzrag.png
ybat.png

OMR, I never noticed that!
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Re: In the present.

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:50 am UTC

alna.png
prvyvat.png
onfrzrag.png
ybat.png

Aha, four famous internet cats... ;)
Spoiler:
Nyan, Ceiling, Basement, and Long

GAH, Ninja'd by the second! And with awesomeful smileys too...

Eternal Density

zbycl zbcyl zbycl zbycl tencrivar tencrivar

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:53 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
alna.png
prvyvat.png
onfrzrag.png
ybat.png

OMR, I never noticed that!
Spoiler:

Thanks.
BTW credit for the discovery (particularly that cat.png = png.cat) goes to StormAngel
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:54 am UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:
pelrigg wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:
pelrigg wrote:
Spoiler:
Image Image ONG

+ ie: he's f**king (HUMBle error) yet again.

Well; Wait For It...

Or one of the "Other / Campfire" people.
(HUMBle error: there was supposed to be the words "with us" here) [Head Up MY Butt; look everyone]

Add to that: ucim throwing Spanish at me and is Eternal Density using ROT-13? :(

ninja'd on the ED question..... :oops:
Last edited by pelrigg on Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:57 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:56 am UTC

Grapevine is so epic in rot13. Sounds like a realm in a fantasy series. I am a great warrior from the mighty realm of Tencrivar!

BlitzGirl

I am a Xavtug!

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:57 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:GAH, Ninja'd by the second! And with awesomeful smileys too...

Image Muahaha... I am sneaky like this avawn.png!
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ucim

Postby ucim » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:00 am UTC

pelrigg wrote:Add to that: ucim throwing Spanish at me ...
What? You didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition?

Jose

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:00 am UTC

NO tree Ong

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:03 am UTC

ucim wrote:

Jose

**facepalm** Silly-walked right into that one didn't I?
You get a Gold-plated internet.

I'll take my steak medium-well, if you please....
Last edited by pelrigg on Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:05 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Eternal Density

wooo newscene!

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:05 am UTC

pelrigg wrote:
ucim wrote:

Jose

**facepalm** Silly-walked right into that one didn't I?
You get a Gold-plated internet.
And an uncomfy chair.
Spoiler:
(Because comfy ones are for torture.)

So, new scene! Uphill! I hope Megan can make it up that slope.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:09 am UTC

pelrigg wrote:NO tree Ong
Spoiler:

There's a riverish tree Ong. But it's definitely not the same tree Ong. :) Yay!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”