1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Eternal Density

Niclep reached for another pawful of berries.

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:45 am UTC

Rule110 wrote:New prediction: At the top they will find an Evil Jaguar Temple, with all the region's missing inhabitants gathered together in ceremonial robes and carrying obsidian knives.
The Evil High Priest wrote:The human sacrifices have arrived, of their own free will and marked by the Holy One as was foretold to us many days ago!

The Evil High Priestess wrote:Now the dark blood magic ritual may begin!

The Evil High Priest wrote:The stars shall be set right!

The Evil Cultists, in Unison, wrote:We are blessed, and we shall be rewarded, because we Waited For It!

And when the stars are right... Ybatpng shall awaken from his slumber!
I declare Ybatpng as Antipagepope. Worship him.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Cthulhu Time

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:52 am UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Ooh, a book? What kind of book, charlie?

A math book actually. Meant for you, in fact. Meant for people who might want to learn where their maths come from and a bit about how mathematicians actually think. I don't know that I've captured it yet and I've a long way to go on the project. The discussions here got me thinking about stuff I haven't done in years so you were all the inspiration for it. “Number and the Nature of Mathematics” is the working title.

I might not be here now, actually, but that I hit a hard bit in the book that took some reflection. I'm about to go back to it pretty hard now, though.

Put me in the pre-order list while I still have money on PayPal :wink:

HES wrote:Marginally unrelated, but due to awesome presents: Even though I'm not doing it deliberately, I feel like such a stalker when I find out things about OTTers through their youtube/steam/blog/website. Especially names and voices. It's also weird seeing the same usernames and avatars elsewhere on the internet... like being caught cheating.

Considering my interests, maybe I should be at forums.nsa.gov, instead of here.

DrSamCarter wrote:Or they reach the top of the mountain, and we zoom out and find that they are standing on top of the fractalian part of the sandcastle. (Would require some explanation as to how that managed to happen, and, of course, the sandcastle didn't have the more leisurely slopes that we have seen on our trek up the mountain, but ... oh, okay, stupid idea!)

Haven't seen you in a long time, Colonel Image

Neil_Boekend wrote:Ketchup Time

mikro2nd wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:I claim the role of high Inquisitor.
Anyone who defies me will receive a burned steak!

Is there a vegetarian option?

uuh, yes. I personally like the Vivera grilled sausage. I could blacken one for you if you defy me.
Once they become available will the tank grown steaks (no animals harmed) be suitable?

AluisioASG wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:I claim the role of high Inquisitor.
Anyone who defies me will receive a burned steak!

You're dead. You can't apply for that job.

Fjew, then it's good I didn't apply. I just claimed it. Completely different. Kind of like the difference between an armed robbery and a request for a donation.

Well, in this case GIVE THE INQUISITION'S POWER TO THE PEOPLE, or else…
(Trust me, that was [caused by] a trebuchet.)

mscha wrote:Not sure why you're complaining about lack of congrats, though… I don't recall seeing you ever doing that… ;) (You sure didn't come to my 1700th party. Not that anyone else did, I had to eat all the cake by myself.)

The last thing I remember is your 1200th party. I don't know what happened to the other 600.
I'm usually late for the parties. But if it's true that everything happens right now
Thank you (and BlitzGirl and someone else, I think) for the cakes.

I'm thinking on writing a document to be signed/autographed by as many as possible member of the OTT.

Eternal Density wrote:I'm currently a little distracted trying to read /Fridge/Primer on TVTropes. Willingly.

You mean this? Or this?

Now back to configuring fbpanel.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

kenmelken

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby kenmelken » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:58 am UTC

@charlie_grumbles: I for one welcome the new sasquatch overlord you've introduced!
(Except that he's not an overlord to ME, for I am the semi-supreme emperor of that page!)
In Svithjod, there stands a rock. It is 100 miles high and 100 miles wide. Once every 1000 years a little bird comes to this rock to sharpen its beak. One time, I changed just the last sentence of this signature, and lots of you noticed. Image

Charm Quark

Postby Charm Quark » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:01 am UTC

Wildhound wrote:
Charm Quark wrote:AscendONG

Spoiler:

EDIT: Oooh yeah, the decree. Hopefully they find a fully functioning modern hospital that specializes in treating meowlpy wounds?

Your first ONG?

Here you go:
Spoiler:

It was indeed my first ONG. Lurking was fun, but I could spend a thousand lifetimes lurking, waiting as hard as I could, and I'd never guess that I could receive cake like this. Thanks!
Lost forever in time...

Ximenez

Postby Ximenez » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:09 am UTC

Prediction (image):
Spoiler:
mountain.png
Neat! (Click to enlarge.)
Last edited by Ximenez on Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:11 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:10 am UTC

MONGOLISMS...

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Eternal Density

But another paw was faster and swiped the last of the berrie

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:11 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:I'm currently a little distracted trying to read /Fridge/Primer on TVTropes. Willingly.

You mean this? Or this?
Er, no, I mean http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Fridge/Primer (warning: TVTropes. and spoilers.)

Ninja edit: Wait, no one had posted the ONG and I didn't notice? Shame on me!
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:18 am UTC

Ximenez wrote:Prediction (image):
Spoiler:
mountain.png
Neat! (Click to enlarge.)

Hahahahaha! Love it! Weirdest twist on loopist theology yet, and probably requiring some Escher geography to accomplish.

Oh, and shout hooray, for the chronicles of Niclep continue!
In Svithjod, there stands a rock. It is 100 miles high and 100 miles wide. Once every 1000 years a little bird comes to this rock to sharpen its beak. One time, I changed just the last sentence of this signature, and lots of you noticed. Image

pelrigg

Re: But another paw was faster and swiped the last of the be

Postby pelrigg » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:22 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:

You mean this? Or this?
Er, no, I mean http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Fridge/Primer (warning: TVTropes. and spoilers.)

Even worse...BOTH of us were distracted and missed it.

You know how much fun the two of us like to be "The leaf on the wind" and soar in with the Ong first......

ETA
I saw the othercomic Movie Chart on explain a few days ago and was following links about Primer. I think I need to find that flick. (If GLR likes it...)
Last edited by pelrigg on Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:33 am UTC, edited 3 times in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

Ximenez

Postby Ximenez » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:24 am UTC

pelrigg wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:

You mean this? Or this?

Even worser... I used the new timeframe for a mashup and posted my false image before the real one (without realizing what I was doing)!

Eternal Density

...berries. He watched in shock as they vanished into...

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:30 am UTC

Ximenez wrote:
pelrigg wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:

You mean this? Or this?

Even worser... I used the new timeframe for a mashup and posted my false image before the real one (without realizing what I was doing)!
Less worse but kinda bad: when the ONG ninja'd me, I missed seeing your prior post and would have missed it entirely if you hadn't mentioned it.
But yeah, that picture captures a thought that popped into my head when I was thinking of what prediction to make.

xpatiate

Postby xpatiate » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:32 am UTC

Cueball must have seen whatever it is at the edge of the frame, right? If it really is a giant sasquatch or a replica sandcastle or an observatory or a village, he couldn't have missed that while turning around to help Megan. Or could he?

I've been composing responses in my head and never quite getting them onto screen for a while now, so I'm overdue on a bit of appreciation...

Thanks Wildhound for the beautiful live wallpaper adorning my tablet. Wouldn't it have been amazing with the starfield! Though I'm sure there are more visual treats heading our way in future newpix.

Just have to say I love the way that people are learning and developing new skills as a result of this experience - image manipulation, wiki editing, data analysis, software development, music composition. Thanks everybody for sharing the tools you use - I found all that stuff really interesting. And as a fellow diehard vim user I should also wave to Pikrass and Scisitor *waves*

Also may I bestow my gratitude on kenmelken, Kazza3 and others for the work on the wiki. The Setting page is a great idea.

Finally, I really like Latent22's theory that the interval between newpix is influenced by Cuegan's awareness of time passing. We definitely did experience the sensation of a long night passing with them, much more so than if a couple of frames went by then one of them said "Wow, you were asleep for ages". Does that mean though that Time will only end when both of them are dead?? :shock:

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:33 am UTC

pelrigg wrote:I saw the othercomic Movie Chart on explain a few days ago and was following links about Primer. I think I need to find that flick. (If GLR likes it...)

Hahaha. Yeah, I was just looking at that same chart since it came up here the other day. I looked up a bunch of stuff about it as well as a result and last night my fiancee and I watched it (it's free to stream on Netflix). My brain is still sore. I wanna watch it again.

@xpatiate: Thanks. :)

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:38 am UTC

Pikrass wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:
Pikrass wrote:
Spoiler:
ChronosDragon wrote:So...is it still the case that mods can be summoned by name? Like if I wanted to suggest bbcode for an alternative, less buggy spoiler that allows you to give it a title, I could just yell for "davean"? Or maybe that should be handled via PM.

I started to write a patch when the Great Webmaster came, but never finished it. The BBCode to HTML code is done, but the reverse code has yet to be written.
I figured I should try to include it in phpBB's code, to make his life easier, so I studied it a little, but not far enough.
I thought recently I should finish it soon, since I'm on holidays since this wip-end. But if anyone wants to do it before me, feel free.

Here's what I've done so far :
new-spoiler.zip

See, that may be overcomplicating things. My solution (which I've just realized actually doesn't nest properly - I'll have to modify it some. I only tested for if it completely breaks down the forum style :P ) is completely vanilla, just a different way of doing spoilers via the bbcodes tab on the administrator control panel. Your solution may address the underlying problem, though, which is potentially better.

Well, the problem beforehand is that the phpBB parser is ugly. You can produce non-compliant HTML code by switching the closing tags, because the parser don't correct it itself. With the spoiler and the quote tags, you can even break the whole layout! (because they both use the blockquote element)
This parser is based on plain regex replacements, and you can understand fairly easily why that can't do the job right. Each tag has its dedicated methods, and some of them implement a stack-based mechanism to handle nested tags. And they reinvent the wheel for each of these "special" tags. And they need dirty hacks, e.g. because they turn special characters into entities right at the beginning. And they use that horrible e regex flag.
Why don't they use a tree-based system? That would allow them to have a robust, easily extensible system with automatic error correction. But oh well, who am I to judge. ;)

So I prefer to write something that won't use their system at all. In fact, I can probably fix the layout problem with this method too, by checking specifically for quote tags. I just found a good place to hook my code I think.

Ah ok. That explains why my spoiler code "works" then - it uses <dt> and <dd> instead of <blockquote>.

kenmelken wrote:
pelrigg wrote:I saw the othercomic Movie Chart on explain a few days ago and was following links about Primer. I think I need to find that flick. (If GLR likes it...)

Hahaha. Yeah, I was just looking at that same chart since it came up here the other day. I looked up a bunch of stuff about it as well as a result and last night my fiancee and I watched it (it's free to stream on Netflix). My brain is still sore. I wanna watch it again.

Free (well, on a netflix subscription I already have) movies are the best kind. I might check it out tomorrow night, the bits I've heard make it sound...delectable.

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:57 am UTC

Okay for my next predication (with the "Hey, Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!" guarantee of accuracy): They'll spend 38 frames looking left (down hill) commenting on the view, then turn around and have a "Neat", "Wow", "Yeah" conversation for 62 frames, and ONLY then will the scene change enough for us to see a White Castle.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:00 am UTC

Give us a peek Ong

EDIT
It MUST be more interesting than the down slope view.
Last edited by pelrigg on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:03 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Ximenez

Postby Ximenez » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:02 am UTC

NoONG knows...
Spoiler:

Happily ninja'd. I'm going to coma, but I know I'll get up in the middle of the night to see what waits in the next scene.

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:03 am UTC

k.bookbinder wrote: Also loved the Regina Spektor OTTification.

Thank you!

charlie_grumbles wrote:
cellocgw wrote:
Latent22 wrote:
mscha wrote:
charlie_grumbles wrote:And happy 1800 (wow) to you.
Spoiler:

Thanks!
That's an impressive cake. (But aren't there 1795 layers missing?)

Well what charlie didn't tell you is there is a secret to that cake. each of the 5 layers has been cut into 1 degree slices (360 in total) before it got iced.

Not a chance. C.G. is a mathematician and we mathies don't use degrees. Tho' I suppose he could have cut it into 17.5 milliradian slices, tho' that would be weird.

Well, actually you just didn't let the recursion run long enough before you looked at it. Here is the current version. Unspoilered for all to share.
cake2.png

I claim the top cake. Speaking of claiming things, I was Blitzing when parts of the OTC were claimed, so I claim whatever that thing at the top right is.
Sir Tristram, Guardian of the Time Cats, Defender of the One True Comic, Landsknecht von der Zeit.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:03 am UTC

pelrigg wrote:Give us a peek Ong

Gah! What in the name of Randall could they possibly be staring at? If the next newpix looks identical except for "wow." I will be very unamused.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:05 am UTC

And there they stand, stupefied by what they're looking at, which we will only find out about (hopefully) next ONG.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:05 am UTC

Blindpost [NP961]:

Most-inefficient method of communication:

Spoiler:
macraw83 wrote:
Vytron wrote:Beware: heresy below.

descor wrote:Don't make the mistake of thinking you have to have something to say in order to post in this thread. :mrgreen:

Well, that's a relief! :mrgreen:

This text is unrelated to the heretical comic3.

3Which doesn't exist.

The most inefficient way of communication ever.
macraw83 wrote:
Vytron wrote:
macraw83 wrote:Hmm... What if we added one of their time capsule messages to our sigs? Would that technically be them looking into their own future, or their past?

Vytron: The future.

My brain may be tricking me into thinking that I'm writing this now, but clearly, I'm in April 10. This post has a time stamp of May 2. The future, unambiguously.

Thinking I'm posting this in my present is an Outsider Illusion, the truth is, this message doesn't exist until I catch up to it (that's why catching it is important). Though, from your frame of reference, I'm posting it now (but it'll be forever in the past after you read it - so much, that when I actually read it, it'll be my past too, because I'll read it at a much later time.)

macraw83 wrote:And on that note, what if we quoted them on something they might eventually say? They might have to say it eventually just to fulfill the prophecy (assuming that's what it even is).

That would be risky. What if you quote me posting something I never say? That could get paradoxical quickly.

I was quoted in another Time Traveler's signpost! I'm not sure if responding to it here is the most efficient mode of communication, because who knows how far into his future it is right now (or, maybe he's already caught up, but I don't know since I'm still stuck in the past myself. And then factoring how long it would take me to catch up to any potential responses...), but here it goes anyway:

I suppose you're correct. It is only my Outsider influences (including the computer I'm Blitzing the One True Thread on... odd) that are telling me that it is currently May 9, when in fact I am currently in the day May 2.

And also, for the second bit, I've added a little something to my sig, and I'm curious as to how it plays out. :wink:

Yes! I'm currently in May 10, while my computer clock says it's May 18, that's clearly the future :)

We may even be the only people ever communicating like this, my message got to you one week later, yours got to me one week later, so I hope you will read this by May 27!

And, just because few people will get this (as it happened with Apefish):

Booger.

Both parts of this post are awesome. Another comic-about-a-thread-about-a-comic? Awesome! (Even if it is heretical.)

And finally, the prophecy has been fulfilled! Or, well, I suppose it was fulfilled a full 41 dips in your past, but, whatever. I am witnessing it for the first time.

I do hope that you are in the Present, Vytron, and I hope that I am there soon (though, when over one mip in the Past, soon can be very relative...)

Hey macraw83! I'm glad you're still with us!

Oh! The experiment was about quoting me saying something and then seeing how long it'd take me to say it! So far such experiments have led to the conclusion that, yes, while I won't eventually say everything, I eventually will say anything 8-)

I don't know when you will be reading this, whether in the end you decided to read it all, or skip big parts of the thread. There's no wrong way to do it, but since I have done it both ways, I have realized something: I like reading it it all, blitzgirling and blindposting more than staying in the Present :) - at least, my brief stay in the present was full of guilt for having skipped pages, and it created an extra problem: Whenever a blitzer references a page that I skipped, I get spoilers! XD - that shouldn't be an event that is possible, unless one cheats*.

*not that there's anything wrong with that.

So, anyway, I'm always looking forward to your SignPosts and am looking forward to the macraw83gularity with the present, however you decide for it to happen! :)
Go! Go! You can do it username5243!
Cheers Marsh'n!

THANKS KARHELL!! :)

AnotherKevin

Postby AnotherKevin » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:12 am UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:On the previous page I made the following prediction for what they would find. Either it was missed since it was spoilered or it was so lame no one wanted to embarrass me by commenting, but in any case I'm throwing it forward. THIS is what they shall find. Word.
Spoiler:

And someone will post it to OTT claiming it's King K-ONG?
All the rivers run into the sea, yet the sea is not full.
Unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:23 am UTC

I have compiled the next several ONGs for your convenience:

Redundant:
Spoiler:

OhWowNeat.gif
OhWowNeat.gif (9.07 KiB) Viewed 11904 times

redundant22.png
redundant22.png (78.4 KiB) Viewed 11904 times
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Arky

Postby Arky » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:27 am UTC

Vytron wrote:So, even though the detail of the Milkyway is more visible with more light as in Chrome, I invite Chrome users to fire up Firefox, fix its gamma, and revisit these frames so you see them in the way GRL intended them to be shown, instead of the fudge you get with Chrome.

I noticed this myself, as I use Firefox on my desktop but Chrome on my phone. Assumed it was the phone rendering being a little wonky and extra-bright, didn't realise it was a Chrome issue!

Definitely the Firefox version is correct, though. The Chrome stayed fairly bright throughout the long night, whereas the Firefox version gave a real sense of the long, dark, silent loneliness that Cueball and then Megan experienced while keeping watch.

EWP: Blitzgirl, that's hilarious (but do we really need to give the GLR even more ideas on how to troll us?)
Veteran of the One True Thread. And now the Too True Thread?

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:28 am UTC

I have begun to wonder if it won't be several more frames before we are given another hint as to what the structure on top of the mountain may be. Unless, of course, there are Time gaps and they have traveled much farther than appearances would suggest in just two frames.
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

Quicksilver

Postby Quicksilver » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:29 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I have compiled the next several ONGs for your convenience:

Redundant:
Spoiler:

OhWowNeat.gif

redundant22.png
Geez, you're fast.

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:30 am UTC

Quicksilver wrote:
Spoiler:

Redundant:
Spoiler:

OhWowNeat.gif

redundant22.png
Geez, you're fast.

Like lightning, you might say.

partingLance

Postby partingLance » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:38 am UTC

CasCat wrote:
adnapemit wrote:Since there are now more than 1000 new pages I though it was about time I said finally joined in the conversation. I have been lurking since the beginning of time have spent a lot of time reading the OTT with all its amazingness. I am also amaze at the amount of "Time" there is 2500+ frames, 1000 page thread and many, many new words created.

But just thinking about how much time GLR has spent ....
If each frame took 2 minutes to create(this is a very optimistic number) and collected this time together it would be 3.5 continuous days.
If each frame took 5 minutes( still a bit optimistic but a bit more plausible ) then it becomes 17.7 continuous days.

With all the attention to detail and the time spent fixing mustard it would likely soooo much more.
THATS a lot of "Time".
Spoiler:
Did anyone notice the Javascript? :wink:

Throwing this forward -- Welcome, reverse-TimePanda! :mrgreen:

Anyone remember Faraway, So Close? Honestly, it's not as good as Wings of Desire, but I liked it -- bit of a mess, but a glorious mess.

Anyway, I just now remembered that Willem Dafoe's character in that movie is called Emit Flesti.
StratPlayer wrote:And at this very moment, someone on the Isle of Wight named Bungalo Bill is listening to the 'splat' made from using their family album to squash a beetle, that had ran, helter-skelter, straight for the wild honey pie made by his dear wife Prudence...

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:40 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
Quicksilver wrote:
Spoiler:
Geez, you're fast.

Like lightning, you might say.

:wink: That's a great compliment coming from someone named Quicksilver!

Arky wrote:EWP: Blitzgirl, that's hilarious (but do we really need to give the GLR even more ideas on how to troll us?)

Wasn't my idea. Blame pelrigg:
pelrigg, (snipped to show my inspiration) wrote:
They'll...have a "Neat", "Wow", "Yeah" conversation for 62 frames...

I should note that nothing special happens if you Wait and watch my gif for 62 frames...

No, really, nothing happens.
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:43 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:42 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I should note that nothing special happens if you Wait and watch my gif for 62 frames...

No, really, nothing happens.

You need a reassurance kitty with this: "I told you was no special after 62 frames. Why U no believe me?"

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:01 am UTC

ONG. Did it move, or did the camera?

EDIT: Double post was only for the ONG.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:03 am UTC

I'd say that is a definite camera pan. Notice the gap in the strut on the right border. We're going to have another slow pan like we had on the beach.

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

richP

Postby richP » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:04 am UTC

"We're sorry for the inconvenienceONG"?
(shucks, almost got to post the image..."

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:05 am UTC

moody7277 wrote:I'd say that is a definite camera pan. Notice the gap in the strut on the right border. We're going to have another slow pan like we had on the beach.

Yeah, and more space above their heads now. I'd say this might not just be a pan... it could be a zoom out?

Hey, smart people! Wake up and help us!

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:05 am UTC

richP wrote:"We're sorry for the inconvenienceONG"?
(shucks, almost got to post the image..."

Giant sign ala Hollywood that says "Wait For It?"

IceIsNice

Postby IceIsNice » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:07 am UTC

No zoom out, just a camera shift. Either that or the ground just dropped by about 1/2 q. I suspect the camera movement is more likely.
Hi! Probably.

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:10 am UTC

moody7277 wrote:I'd say that is a definite camera pan. Notice the gap in the strut on the right border. We're going to have another slow pan like we had on the beach.

Yeah, definitely up and to the right.

I was just looking at Time from the very beginning and I come back to a pan?

Hopefully it won't take 62 frames.

Edit
p.s. BlitzGirl: Neat GIF. (what is that a 3?)

Edit 2
memo to self learn how to spell "definitely"
Last edited by pelrigg on Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:16 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:15 am UTC

yep looks like no zooming
ETA: Pan is 15 pixels down and 3 left
ETA2: At this pan rate it will take 22 more newpix for them to get to the bottom of the frame. There would only be an extra 66 pixels to the right visible which is not a lot really much so what they are panning to must not be very wide or what we need to see of it to identify it won't be very wide.
Spoiler:
diff.png
Last edited by Latent22 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:25 am UTC, edited 4 times in total.

marchlight

Postby marchlight » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:15 am UTC

Blitzgirl and Yappobiscuits: thanks for the amazing ottifications. I'm a little embarrassed to admit how emotional I got listening to yappo's song and looking through blitzgirl's 1k image. We've all gone through a lot together, and I admire your creativity and talent.

Holy crap, another camera pan? I'm sad that I won't get to see the next ONG before I coma, but now I'm super excited for what tomorrow has in store. GLR wouldn't do something as dramatic as a pan if it wasn't something really cool.

Eternal Density

... wait for it...

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:19 am UTC

Redundant:
Spoiler:

OhWowNeat.gif

redundant22.png
You're awesome. Aaand immediately proven wrong by the pan :P
kenmelken wrote:

I saw it just the other day and I went into it thinking "I'm good at time travel brainage, I can totally figure it out, but
Spoiler:
it's not that the timetravel is confusing, just that the way the story is told leaves you to figure out what's happened because so much isn't actually shown and the characters don't fall into (what would be in other movies) needless exposition. It's kinda nice to not have everything spelled out and spoonfed like so many other movies.
TVTropes is not wrong when it says "It is also quite possibly the single geekiest film ever made; one that brings Techno Babble to a new art form." :D :D :D

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”