1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:07 am UTC

Greetings, kenmelken's best man! Feel free to hop in any Time you like. :)

Interesting - this speech ends not with a degree marking, but a horizontal line. Perhaps the degree indicates a question mark, and the line indicates a period?
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:11 am UTC

And how many "new" characters do we have now?

Also, for translation purposes, we can now start to see the relation of Beanish to action.
Suggestion: take the first two statements has some sort of introduction. "Hi, we're us. Who are you? Why are you here? Who won the Tour d'France?"

Edit to reconstruct first sentence..........
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

DavidRa

Postby DavidRa » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:13 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Greetings, kenmelken's best man! Feel free to hop in any Time you like. :)

Interesting - this speech ends not with a degree marking, but a horizontal line. Perhaps the degree indicates a question mark, and the line indicates a period?

If the statement is potentially an order, as has been suggested, and they've now seen Megan's injury, it seems likely to be an exclamation mark instead, no?

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Tonight's special guest star: CameronCat

Postby AluisioASG » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:22 am UTC

Post-Police Squad!-episode blitz. Help yourself.

Welcome to the Present, CameronCat!
CameronCat wrote:The FACA (Federal Airborne Cat Authority) will no doubt inquire about the missing tail number soon. *sigh*

The Time Foundation officially assigns you the tail number RXHMLTN (it's pronounced "In color!").

ucim wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:In other news, I'm retiring from the storywriting field. It's too difficult to get right, and there are so many ways to write something, and so many possibilities…

Oh, it's way too soon to throw in the towel~ (unless you just don't enjoy it much). There is no "right" way to write a story... there are more effective ways and less effective ways, which depend to no small extent on your intended audience. The more you write, the better you'll get. I certainly enjoyed the ones you posted here.

Like any other creative endeavor... just try stuff. If it doesn't work out so well, that's ok, you'll try something else later. As long as it's fun, there's no reason to stop.

I guess it (writing) stopped being fun. But I still like the story, I like imagining it (I'll likely get a commission on a scene from Book? 2 later this year - it's a nice scene from both the romantic and AI viewpoints).

Maybe I should wait a little longer. Maybe I'm using the wrong medium.

azule wrote:I don't know what you mean, AluisioASG, but I'd say moreso the Joker.

I don't know what you're talking about, either.

AluisioASG wrote:Wow. Is this Randallas in Batman the Next?

Ah, this. Do you intend to send him to Randall so he can train your son to run xkcd when Randall decides (willing or not) to retire? (Of course, no one will ever notice the difference.)

pelrigg wrote:Great way to open the DragonDashery for business. Hope to see your wares often.

I wonder if I am the one to have the honor of having the first DragonDashery's hat (before it even opened!).
Oh, wait, where's my hat? Be back in a minute.
Hm, nah, nevermind. I like this avatar. Feel free to hat this one, ChronosDragon, if you want. I still have the old one as a contingency.

Now out to watch Airplane! In color!
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:23 am UTC

pelrigg wrote:And how many "new" characters do we have now?

Also, for translation purposes, we can now start to see the relation of Beanish to action.
Suggestion: take the first two statements has some sort of introduction. "Hi, we're us. Who are you? Why are you here? Who won the Tour d'France?"

Edit to reconstruct first sentence..........

If Randall does indeed intend for Beanish to be translateable, he'll almost certainly continue including it at every conceivable chance to give us the widest pool possible to work with. Or provide some kind of Rosetta Stone at some point.

Rule110

Re: They were both very good at chasing.

Postby Rule110 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:27 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:...the Beanie Bunch...
It's the story
of a man named Beanie...

Okay I name the Beanie Bunch: Greg, Mike, and Bobby.

I'm getting a more traditional vibe from them so I'd call them Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.

But actually, I don't think any names are going to stick until they do something distinctive, or until Cuegan says something specific about them (comparable to "That was lucky.")
If you're lost you can look--and you will find me
Time after Time...

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:28 am UTC

Language stuff that I'm sure Blitz Girl has seen:
There's that "chair" symbol that starts off the first word, then shows up in the second word with a "dot" and in the third word with the nested "7" symbol. Are those three different "letters" or are the second two modified from the first? Sorry, my actual language skills in these areas are minimal at best.

ETA
Just noticed the "7" symbol is BlitzGirl's "Beanish10". So I guess that makes the question "Are there two "chair" symbols or just one and a modifier?"
Last edited by pelrigg on Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:46 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

kaley

Re: Both Niclep and Agatha loved chasing anything.

Postby kaley » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:31 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:ETA: Or maybe they're shocked and slightly embarrassed at the sight of Megan's injured leg.

Nice Hairbrush Song reference.

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:32 am UTC

Rule110 wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:
It's the story
of a man named Beanie...

I'm getting a more traditional vibe from them so I'd call them Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.

But actually, I don't think any names are going to stick until they do something distinctive, or until Cuegan says something specific about them (comparable to "That was lucky.")

I won't go for that unless the third one says ImageImageImageImage...ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImage

IceIsNice

Postby IceIsNice » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:37 am UTC

Rule110 wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:
It's the story
of a man named Beanie...

My instinct is to call them Darryl, Darryl, and Darryl.
Hi! Probably.

Rule110

Postby Rule110 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:43 am UTC

The beanies are all empty-handed now, but it's unlikely they were just standing around out there when Megan and Cueball arrived. Most likely they stopped whatever they were doing and put down whatever they were holding at that point, which would make sense. However, those things should be in plain sight just out of frame, most likely along with some context (such as the second survey tower, a building, a field, vehicles, more people, or whatever). No doubt Megan and Cueball are too preoccupied to take note of any of that, but it's still annoying that we have to
Spoiler:
really, why even click these at this point?

Prediction: Frustrated by their inability to understand one another's languages, Cueball will attempt to use pictures to explain their situation. First, he'll draw a picture of Megan and himself resting on a beach by the sea. Then he'll draw another, in which they've shifted position slightly...
Time after Time...

BlitzGirl

ᘛ - Beanish Symbols Update

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:44 am UTC

The newest speech:

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Speech 1: ImageImageImage ImageImage

Speech 2: ImageImageImage Image ImageImage ImageImage ImageImageImage

pelrigg wrote:Language stuff that I'm sure Blitz Girl has seen:
There's that "chair" symbol that starts off the first word, then shows up in the second word with a "dot" and in the third word with the nested "7" symbol. Are those three different "letters" or are the second two modified from the first? Sorry, my actual language skills in these areas are minimal at best.

These are the ones you pointed out: Image Image Image
I think it's also plausible that the symbol that ended speech 1 might be related: Image
The one that looks like a seven also appeared in Speech 2, here are all three instances: Image Image Image
The one that looks like our "weird" epsilon symbol appears twice in this newpix, and with a modified hook in speech 1: Image Image Image
The second to last symbol in this newpix appeared in Speech 2: Image Image and in speech 3 without the curved line: Image
There's also some rotation going on, but I haven't really examined that closely yet.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage spoiler:
Spoiler:

Beanish17.png
Beanish17.png (1.06 KiB) Viewed 13292 times

Beanish18.png
Beanish18.png (1.19 KiB) Viewed 13292 times

Beanish19.png
Beanish19.png (1.13 KiB) Viewed 13292 times

Beanish20.png
Beanish20.png (1.1 KiB) Viewed 13292 times

Beanish21.png
Beanish21.png (1.09 KiB) Viewed 13292 times

Beanish22.png
Beanish22.png (1.14 KiB) Viewed 13292 times

Beanish23.png
Beanish23.png (1.15 KiB) Viewed 13292 times

Beanish24.png
Beanish24.png (1.12 KiB) Viewed 13292 times

Beanish25.png
Beanish25.png (1.15 KiB) Viewed 13292 times

Beanish26.png
Beanish26.png (1.06 KiB) Viewed 13292 times

Beanish27.png
Beanish27.png (1.13 KiB) Viewed 13292 times

Beanish28.png
Beanish28.png (1.19 KiB) Viewed 13292 times

Beanish29.png
Beanish29.png (1.17 KiB) Viewed 13292 times

Keywords: Beanish language symbol symbols alphabet Beanong Beanie-ish Beanie-ese letter letters writing images BGUM
RedundantBeanish3.png
RedundantBeanish3.png (120.87 KiB) Viewed 13292 times
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:50 am UTC

We really should turn those symbols into a webfont so we don't need to attach every single one. Or does BBCode not support webfonts?
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, Vytron, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:54 am UTC

taixzo wrote:We really should turn those symbols into a webfont so we don't need to attach every single one. Or does BBCode not support webfonts?

I don't believe any current unmodded version does. Perhaps one of the enterprising web developers on here could make a small web app that takes a string of them and turns it into a small image.

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:54 am UTC

I just edited my other post with the note on "Beanish10", the "7" symbol. I'm still wrapping my head around this new writing.

Hmmm....200 newpix ago GLR gave our astronomers something to "geek-out" about with the "Long Night". Now he doing the same for our linguists.

Fantastic. And everyone's enjoying the ride...........

Kazza3

Postby Kazza3 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:55 am UTC

Blitzgirl, the speed at which you turned the symbols into images that could be used to discuss this properly is very 4 indeed!

Eternal Density

They often ran for several minux before...

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:57 am UTC

Rule110 wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:
It's the story
of a man named Beanie...

Well technically, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah. (Well technically I shouldn't be using latin characters for their names at all :P)
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:58 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
taixzo wrote:We really should turn those symbols into a webfont so we don't need to attach every single one. Or does BBCode not support webfonts?

I don't believe any current unmodded version does. Perhaps one of the enterprising web developers on here could make a small web app that takes a string of them and turns it into a small image.

Wouldn't words be more useful than letters? Is it a language we need to translate, or a cipher we need to decrypt?
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:59 am UTC

SBN wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:

Wouldn't words be more useful than letters? Is it a language we need to translate, or a cipher we need to decrypt?

It depends on whether it's an existing language (i.e. French).
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, Vytron, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:00 am UTC

WalkONG away...

(is that Jack walking away?)
Last edited by taixzo on Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:01 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:00 am UTC

ImageImageONG
Spoiler:

EDIT: taixzo ninjad me.
Last edited by kenmelken on Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:02 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
In Svithjod, there stands a rock. It is 100 miles high and 100 miles wide. Once every 1000 years a little bird comes to this rock to sharpen its beak. One time, I changed just the last sentence of this signature, and lots of you noticed. Image

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:00 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:

I believe I can do that. Just give me the source and target alphabets.
Selecting new quote…

Eternal Density

...the chasing molpy caught the fleeing molpy.

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:01 am UTC

goONG to get medical supplies perhaps?
(double)ninjaspoiler:
Spoiler:
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

thirds

Postby thirds » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:02 am UTC

I would like to point out that the One True Prophet has visited and updated the original writing!

rhomboidal wrote:<edited for holiness>

Title Text: Wait for it.

I have no patience for entropy.

[Note: I don't think showing the latest image is a spoiler in the typical sense, since it seems the essential idea of this epic comic of comics is that while time might appear to be a strictly linear phenomenon, its manifestation as life is actually a profoundly open, richly holistic, poly-temporal inter-creative experience with as many entry points, narratives, and interpretations as there are participants in it. The ever-flowing moment of the present is in fact a portal to all times -- a mysterious window which invites us to simultaneously invent the world as we explore it. While we personally might have different beginnings, adventures, and inevitable endings, together our searching individual journeys map the living landscape of our boundless humanity and reality.

Also, castle silhouettes look crazy cool.

Link to the wonderfulous wiki for The One True Thread.]

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:04 am UTC

It looks like Beanie-2 told Beanie-3 to go get help of some kind.

Kazza3 wrote:Blitzgirl, the speed at which you turned the symbols into images that could be used to discuss this properly is very 4 indeed!

Thanks!

SBN wrote:Is it a language we need to translate, or a cipher we need to decrypt?

Right now, I'm guessing that the symbols indicate consonants, with little tails/hooks/dots indicating vowels/punctuation. It might be possible to decode it into English. But that really depends if GLR wanted it to be decodable.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:04 am UTC

WOW!!!! I love that rhomboidal the Great has edited in a link to the wiki in the first post! :D

His revised post makes me also wonder if he's been lurking this whole time...
In Svithjod, there stands a rock. It is 100 miles high and 100 miles wide. Once every 1000 years a little bird comes to this rock to sharpen its beak. One time, I changed just the last sentence of this signature, and lots of you noticed. Image

Eternal Density

Niclep was a little faster but...

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:05 am UTC

It's not uncommon to be ninja'd when submitting an ONG but this is the first time that after adding ninjaspoilers I've been ninja'd be a second ONG :P Heavy competition right now.

Anyhow I think that nonverbal communication has been successful.

I think it kinda makes sense to have the latest newpic in the OP because anyone totally new to Time is likely to have seen it from the OTC page, right?
Last edited by Eternal Density on Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:06 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

bighaben

Postby bighaben » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:06 am UTC

Hopefully it's a direct letter to symbol translation to English, as that'd make it at least possible to figure out without a rosetta stone.

Guess we should keep an eye out for double symbols that may indicate vowels.

Of course a direct letter to symbol translation would be sooo boring. My guess is that GLR wouldn't take the time to come up with a new language not based in some language group that currently exists, and is well known and intuitive. Probably based in English with minor modifications or if GLR knows other languages, that.

One thing's for sure I don't think he'd do this without us being able to figure it out.

Rule110

Postby Rule110 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:09 am UTC

Ah, I knew it! He's going to fetchez la vache. Or maybe, le medic or la first aid kit.

Anyhow, it's pretty clear that speech 3 is an imperative usage.
Time after Time...

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:12 am UTC

@BlitzGirl: did you collect all symbols so far? I'm going to need them for our little script.
Selecting new quote…

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:14 am UTC

Yes, here they are altogether:

Speech 3: ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:18 am UTC

Thank you!
Also, I've just listened to this very related song. I can relate it both to the OTC and the OTT, it's wonderful!
Last edited by AluisioASG on Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:27 am UTC, edited 3 times in total.
Selecting new quote…

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:18 am UTC

@TomPace101 Excellent idea! We'll need more symbols, of course.

But I am still inclined to believe that, in a Randallverse, the GLR, Creator of Time, will have perhaps chosen to create his own orthography for a unique language. Or, at least unique enough that frequency analysis would be difficult. For perhaps they are speaking in LOLZ, but the GLR has chosen to use a new orthography, so that "Y u no believe me?" is suddenly ImageImage ImageImageImage
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

Eternal Density

...Agatha could change direction faster.

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:21 am UTC

Prediction: we'll eventually figure out how to translate the symbols.
But if we all wait for it, i'll never happen. So we can't all wait for it.
Therefore, translation is heresy.

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:24 am UTC

I'm not especially knowledgeable about different alphabets, so these newpix haven't reminded me of any real-world script. Instead, they reminded me of the snooker-ball demons in Dave Trampier's old Wormy comics. I wonder if Randall was a fan? A couple of samples from a much larger assortment:
ImageImage
(I can't believe the angelfire link is still good after all these years. Warning: The comic ends halfway through a story line.)
RSIR:
Spoiler:
wormy1.png
wormy1.png (151.72 KiB) Viewed 13141 times
wormy2.png
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:24 am UTC

taixzo wrote:WalkONG away...

Spoiler:

(is that Jack walking away?)

Just to be pedantic; I believe he's running.
Compare to Frames 2650 & 2651 (the "HEY" frame and the next one.)
Spoiler:

(Did anyone notice Megan holding her knee on the second frame? That run didn't help her.)

Rule110 wrote:Ah, I knew it! He's going to fetchez la vache. Or maybe, le medic or la first aid kit.

Anyhow, it's pretty clear that speech 3 is an imperative usage.

Or maybe he's going to let their medic/medicine wo/man know that there's a patient coming. Prep the sick bay.
Last edited by pelrigg on Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:27 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

ucim

Postby ucim » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:25 am UTC

bighaben wrote:My guess is that GLR wouldn't take the time to come up with a new language not based in some language group that currently exists, and is well known and intuitive.
My guess is just the opposite. If you had the chance to invent, from scratch, an entire language, and know that it will be taken up instantly and spread across the geek world, would you pass that up?

I think he has invented a language, with completely new words, grammar, syntax, and all. It will be easy enough to be taught through a webcomic, but complex enough to be satisfying. It may be inspired by pieces of existing languages. It will scale well.

We'll probably start with phrases we'll see repeated often enough (tied to action) to infer meaning from. The "go fetch..." is probably our first one, or the second if you include what is probably "Hi" and "Who are you" (or "huh"? and "what did you say?").

He knows his audience. Trust Him, and wait for it. It will come.

In any case, I went though a book of language samples I have, looking for stylistic matches to the characters we saw a few frames ago. Interesting possibilities from that POV were Sindhi, Yi, Oriya, Tolugu, and Georgian. I think, however, he's making up a new alphabet or ideogram set.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

BlitzGirl

ᘛ - Beanish Groupings

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:27 am UTC

Trying to group some "families" of Beanish symbols together. (I spelled out the letter sounds for U, K, and N, just in case we ever try assigning letters to symbols.)

The Speeches

Speech 3: ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImage

The Groupings

The flats: Image Image Image Image
The epsilons: Image Image Image
The longtails: Image Image
The curled yews: Image Image
The pinched loops : Image Image
The sevens: Image Image Image
The kay: Image
The humpbacks: Image Image Image
The enns: Image Image
The closed nine: Image
The chairs: Image Image Image
The snake: Image
The open nine: Image
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:29 am UTC

A request from your wiki warrior:

Just as you brilliant little astronomy buffs took everything you discovered about the Night Era and funneled it into that fantastic astronomy article on the wiki, could you linguist types start a page for our linguistic analysis of the Beanish people?

(Like the brilliant stuff I just saw from BlitzGirl in the preview pane...)

EDIT: Aha. I am imperial again. For my 5th Imperial Reign I merely use my authority to add more emphasis to the request I was posting in the first place. In other words, if you are a brilliant linguist type, please help contribute your brilliance to the wiki. :)

That is all.

ucim

Postby ucim » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:31 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Prediction: we'll eventually figure out how to translate the symbols.
But if we all wait for it, i'll never happen. So we can't all wait for it.
Therefore, translation is heresy.
I'm afraid you are going to have to do pennance. And while you are sitting in the foam maiden being fed chocolate, think good and hard about just what "it" is. Certainly the "it" that it is is ineffable. It is not simply the result of translation, but it is the "it" that we wait for. While waiting for "it", we can certainly do other things, and translating it comes to mind. But remember, while we are translating it, we are not translating "it", for "it" is beyond translation, it is (dare I say it?) beyond Time.

There is no heresy in translating it while we wait for "it". But there is heresy in saying there is heresy in doing so.

Can Eternal Density change direction faster than Agatha? There may be burned steaks in your future if not!

BlitzGirl wrote:Trying to group some "families" of Beanish symbols together. (I spelled out the letter sounds for U, K, and N, just in case we ever try assigning letters to symbols.)
Awesome!

Jose
edit: mustarded up the name
Last edited by ucim on Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:24 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”