1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

ttscp

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ttscp » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:00 pm UTC

Regarding frame numbers, I've switched to mscha's. I'll explain why in a bit.

One of the things I find amazing is the tolerance and support in this thread. When somebody asks about the javascript or the footnotes, we don't 'oldtimer' him or her as if only people who had been here forever are allowed to talk.

We also avoid flame inducing topics that disrupt Outside threads, mostly by mutual unvoiced consent.

The one area where we have some problems is forum etiquette: how long should posts be, what should be spoilered, rot-13 and so on. I think it shows our passion for the thread; we want it perfect, defined as what we find easy to read. After a while we settle down to a commonly accepted norm, again mostly by mutual unvoiced consent, but sometimes with some discussion along the way.

The problem comes when we haven't quite settled down: when I think there is a consensus, but maybe you don't.

We have a huge variety of lurkers and posters. Not everyone reads every post and even those who generally do are called away for a variety of reasons. If it is one of those forum etiquette points that I think are important, and that I'm already irritated about, well, that's a candidate for flaming (or maybe candleing or cigarette lightering, because I haven't seen flames in a long while).

Such, I think, is the case with frame numbers right now. I switched to mscha for a few reasons.

(1) The viewer makes it usable on my tablet (Thank you very much mscha: I don't understand how you have enough time to comment, provide cakes for those of us who forget our posting centenaries, do animations and still program things like the viewer for us lesser lurkers, but I'm grateful you do.)
(2) The frame numbers won't change.
(3) mscha is here, more sensitive to the conditions of the OTT, more likely to change as necessary.

However, there may be times when I find Geekwagon (for the difference engine primarily) or even Aubronwood more convenient. I'll try to keep my frame references accurate and noted as to the source, but I hope that you'll forgive me when I'm just too rushed, or my fingers slip.

And given that, I'll try to be understanding over the posts of people who haven't read some or even any of the frame number discussion because they had to skip or skim to keep up.
Always act to increase the survival chances of the largest group you are a part of.

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:00 pm UTC

LearnONG...
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:00 pm UTC

NetWeasel wrote:
taixzo wrote:No, Megan has come up a lot in the comic. See for example Nachos.

Well, so much for that. Thanks for the correction.
However, it does seem to me that names are a bit rare...

Not true. Here are three others.

Also, hey, pope! I decree we carry on with our quest to understand Beanish.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, Vytron, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

FullOfIt

Postby FullOfIt » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:03 pm UTC

sford wrote:Is Japanese writing like that - one form phonetic or at least syllabic, the other not?)

I haven't seen this answered, so here's what little I remember from my short stint on learning Japanese:

Japanese has three writing systems. Kanji, Hiragana and Katakana. Kanji are the symbols that can mean entire words, while Hiragana and Katakana only represent sounds (syllables). Hiragana is used for japanese words, and katakana for foreign words.

richP

Postby richP » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:06 pm UTC

Angelastic wrote:Also, Cueball's name is Rob.

Um, from the page you linked, Cueball and Rob appear to be different people:
Rob is a stick figure in xkcd. Rob has no identifying features and appears as a generic stick figure, visually indistinguishable from Cueball.

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:06 pm UTC

ttscp wrote:Regarding frame numbers, I've switched to mscha's. I'll explain why in a bit.
Spoiler:
One of the things I find amazing is the tolerance and support in this thread. When somebody asks about the javascript or the footnotes, we don't 'oldtimer' him or her as if only people who had been here forever are allowed to talk.

We also avoid flame inducing topics that disrupt Outside threads, mostly by mutual unvoiced consent.

The one area where we have some problems is forum etiquette: how long should posts be, what should be spoilered, rot-13 and so on. I think it shows our passion for the thread; we want it perfect, defined as what we find easy to read. After a while we settle down to a commonly accepted norm, again mostly by mutual unvoiced consent, but sometimes with some discussion along the way.

The problem comes when we haven't quite settled down: when I think there is a consensus, but maybe you don't.

We have a huge variety of lurkers and posters. Not everyone reads every post and even those who generally do are called away for a variety of reasons. If it is one of those forum etiquette points that I think are important, and that I'm already irritated about, well, that's a candidate for flaming (or maybe candleing or cigarette lightering, because I haven't seen flames in a long while).

Such, I think, is the case with frame numbers right now. I switched to mscha for a few reasons.

(1) The viewer makes it usable on my tablet (Thank you very much mscha: I don't understand how you have enough time to comment, provide cakes for those of us who forget our posting centenaries, do animations and still program things like the viewer for us lesser lurkers, but I'm grateful you do.)
(2) The frame numbers won't change.
(3) mscha is here, more sensitive to the conditions of the OTT, more likely to change as necessary.

However, there may be times when I find Geekwagon (for the difference engine primarily) or even Aubronwood more convenient. I'll try to keep my frame references accurate and noted as to the source, but I hope that you'll forgive me when I'm just too rushed, or my fingers slip.

And given that, I'll try to be understanding over the posts of people who haven't read some or even any of the frame number discussion because they had to skip or skim to keep up.

Thanks for this detailed explanation.
I certainly agree that Geekwagon and Aubron are often much better or more convenient viewers, I'm not trying to compete with that. That's why I link to them and list their corresponding frame numbers on my pages.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

higgs-boson

Postby higgs-boson » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:07 pm UTC

mscha wrote:LearnONG...
Spoiler:

Lalalala predict lalalala...

Megan: "Which one?"
Cueball: "I think it's 'water'."
Megan: "Hum. It could have been cup, liquid, thirsty, drinking, ..."
Apostolic Visitator, Holiest of Holy Fun-Havers
You have questions about XKCD: "Time"? There's a whole Wiki dedicated to it!

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:08 pm UTC

fhorn wrote:GUYS. There are dinosaurs WEARING HATS in Vogue UK.
I wonder who their haberdasher is??? :shock:

RAPTORS WEARING HATS?! These guys must read the OTT.
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

Wildhound

Postby Wildhound » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:09 pm UTC

higgs-boson wrote:Lalalala predict lalalala...

Megan: "Which one?"
Cueball: "I think it's 'water'."
Megan: "Hum. It could have been cup, liquid, thirsty, drinking, ..."

Oh please let this happen.
Now and forever, a staunch TimeKeeper amongst heretics.

OTC Android Live Wallpaper

Angelastic

Postby Angelastic » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:10 pm UTC

richP wrote:

Rob is a stick figure in xkcd. Rob has no identifying features and appears as a generic stick figure, visually indistinguishable from Cueball.

I would take that exact same text as evidence that they aren't (edit: or more directly, 'don't appear to be') different people. (Or at least, are no more likely to be different people than Megan and the character in the OTC are. Probably neither Megan nor Rob are in the OTC. But we call the one that looks like Megan 'Megan', so there's no reason not to call the one that looks like Rob 'Rob' other than a thousand newpages of tradition.)
Knight Temporal, and Archdeacon of buttermongery and ham and cheese sandwiches. Nobody sells butter except through me.
Image Smiley by yappobiscuits. Avatar by GLR, buffygirl, BlitzGirl & mscha, with cari.j.elliot's idea.
Haiku Detector
starts a trend to make way for
my robot army.

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:21 pm UTC

Angelastic wrote:
richP wrote:

I would take that exact same text as evidence that they aren't (edit: or more directly, 'don't appear to be') different people. (Or at least, are no more likely to be different people than Megan and the character in the OTC are. Probably neither Megan nor Rob are in the OTC. But we call the one that looks like Megan 'Megan', so there's no reason not to call the one that looks like Rob 'Rob' other than a thousand newpages of tradition.)

I would say that since all known appearances of Rob are in OtherComics in which a stick figure is adressed as "Rob" :) , the OTC probably does not feature Rob (yet), since our Cueball has not been called Rob by anyone (assuming that ImageImageImage Image ImageImage ImageImage ImageImageImage does not mean "Hey Rob, where have you been, and when did you lose your beanie?").
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

libra

Postby libra » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:24 pm UTC

sford wrote:Is Japanese writing like that - one form phonetic or at least syllabic, the other not?)
Kanji are, in effect, Chinese characters which were imported to Japan in the 5th century.

Kanji are partly phonetic and partly symbolic.

For instance the character 語 ご go, which means language, has, on its left side, horizontal strokes emanating from a square box 言; that little box shape 口 at the bottom is くち kuchi, the symbol for mouth and the strokes represent sounds produced by the mouth.

The right hand column shows the phonetic sound for go, represented here by the 口 mouth shape at the bottom and the 五 kanji which, on its own, means five, but which here is purely phonetic - it is here in the kanji to tell the reader that the reading of this kanji is pronounced ご go.

Because these are Chinese imports, kanji have an on-reading or on-yomi, based on the sound of the kanji character as pronounced by the Chinese at the time the character was introduced, and also from the area it was imported. The Kun-reading (Kun-yomi) is the native Japanese reading associated with the meaning of a kanji.

Some kanji developed in Japan, after the import of Chinese characters, do not have an on-reading. A few rare kanji do not have a kun-reading. But most have two or more readings.

Angelastic

Postby Angelastic » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:28 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:
Angelastic wrote:
richP wrote:

I would say that since all known appearances of Rob are in OtherComics in which a stick figure is adressed as "Rob" :) , the OTC probably does not feature Rob (yet), since our Cueball has not been called Rob by anyone (assuming that ImageImageImage Image ImageImage ImageImage ImageImageImage does not mean "Hey Rob, where have you been, and when did you lose your beanie?").

I agree, and by the same reasoning, the OTC probably does not feature Megan (yet). But that doesn't mean we can't call her that.
Knight Temporal, and Archdeacon of buttermongery and ham and cheese sandwiches. Nobody sells butter except through me.
Image Smiley by yappobiscuits. Avatar by GLR, buffygirl, BlitzGirl & mscha, with cari.j.elliot's idea.
Haiku Detector
my robot army.

anabatica

Postby anabatica » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:31 pm UTC

Anyone else counting/identifying letters, other than BlitzGirl's groupings which may contain multiple letters?

I've got 20 (from all the dialog we've seen so far), but there's some guessing involved in which are actually unique letters and which are modified by diacritics. I haven't bought in to the rotation idea.
Last edited by anabatica on Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:40 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:32 pm UTC

Angelastic wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:
Angelastic wrote:
richP wrote:

I agree, and by the same reasoning, the OTC probably does not feature Megan (yet). But that doesn't mean we can't call her that.

Right, but do we have a generic name for Megans that aren't Megan (e.g., something like "Woolball")? If not, calling her Megan is the best approximation we have so far, which does not hold true for calling Cueball Rob.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:37 pm UTC

No Megan, it wasn't "Oh." Nor was it "neat" or "yeah", before you ask...
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

Angelastic

Postby Angelastic » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:38 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:
Angelastic wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:
Angelastic wrote:
richP wrote:

Right, but do we have a generic name for Megans that aren't Megan (e.g., something like "Woolball")? If not, calling her Megan is the best approximation we have so far, which does not hold true for calling Cueball Rob.

I vote for calling Image Woolball!
Haiku Detector
my robot army.

ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:42 pm UTC

Would that make Image Beretball? :P
Wait on.

Spoiler:

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:44 pm UTC

For the sake of streamlining our naming system, GLR would have to be known as Randball.

yappobiscuits wrote:
Spoiler:

Chirp?
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eliram

Postby Eliram » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:45 pm UTC

Eliram wrote:The clone-clan seem very friendly. I wonder if there's going to be any language differences which will lead to 50 newpix of pointing at things and saying things like: "Tree"... "Galooshka"... "Neat".

Sigh...
That was one prediction that I hoped will prove to be wrong. (That was before any foreign language took place)

So...

To contradict that prediction, I now :idea: predict that they will find a translator, which will explain the new language to them, which will lead to captions with the meaning of each beanie sentence.

By the way, the word that Cueball learned is actually probably pronounced "Galooshka". :shock:

P.S. Some of the letters in the new language remind me of symbols from "The Neverhood", which will probably make some people assume that the OTC is actually a long promo to the upcoming movie.

It's about time.

NoMouse

Postby NoMouse » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:48 pm UTC

I was just thinking... If this is really just transcribed English, I guess GLR would make it such way that the symbols correspond to phonemes rather than graphemes and symbols that look similar (or are just rotated versions of each other) would also sound similar or would belong to the same group (like nasal consonants and so on, I don't know them very well). Why? Because I believe this is the most logical way to construct such transcription. And GLR loves logic. Of course if it's not English (or other existing language) then it doesn't really matter what the symbols sound, we will never know anyway.
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:52 pm UTC

Perhaps we should just call them Image and Image?

NetWeasel

Postby NetWeasel » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:53 pm UTC

By Papal decree, back to language...

At this point translation doesn't seem to be working very well, at least until we get some sort of Rosetta Stone, or 500 newpix of pointing and naming.

How about reverse engineering?

The goal is to show what looks like a foreign language that won't be quickly transformed back into English by the viewers.
(Not an easy goal, I might add.) and be able to do it quickly and relatively on the fly, so your story can adapt and you don't spend too much time with translation tables?

My "quick & dirty" solution is... Babelfish. Pick a language unfamiliar to most English speakers that doesn't use the basic latin characters & make a code table of "squiggles" for the "squiggles" of that language. It should keep people in the dark until a few words are exactly translated.

Except there aren't too many languages in Babelfish with different alphabets. This limits the languages to check.

Is anyone out there working on this concept?
Remember waiting a half hour for one darkening pixel? Pepperidge Farms remembers...
Note To Blitzers:It is advisable NOT to go past page 1130 until you've seen up to frame 2900 (Geekwagon Numbering). A lot is happening, and really, you do not want to skip ahead at that point.

ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:56 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
TheMinim wrote:Hello, my pretties. I trust you are having some fun and speculation?

We're mostly just chirping. Pretty chirping soon this whole chirpy thread will dechirp into nothing chirp chirps chirp chirping...chirp.

Wow, that quote looks a lot more profane nowadips. :oops:

I just remembered this one:
StormAngel wrote:
charlie_grumbles wrote:Raptor Leave-ONG
Spoiler:

Ummm. No. The wee one gave the big one a secret message to carry back to Mordor.

Spoiler:
:shock:
Wait on.

Spoiler:

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:02 pm UTC

ImageImageImage
(for kenmelken)

Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:06 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:For the sake of streamlining our naming system, GLR would have to be known as Randball.

If we're doing that we'd have to do it for all of us too. You'd be... Boaball? Crownball? ...I'd be... Otterball? :P
BlitzGirl wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:
Spoiler:

Chirp?

Typical, first thing they want to learn in the language is the naughty words :roll:
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:07 pm UTC

Just my 2 cents but I would say that the extra lines in the second water may be making the last sound longer. like waterrrr. This makes sense because the only bit he kind of fudged up a bit was that last character so its in human nature to then repeat the word and drag out the bit that needs correcting in a futile attempt to correct their behavior.

Another possibility is that it may be a very multi tone language and the slope of the line tells you if the tone is increasing or decreasing or constant. Cueball had a sloping line on his water but it is meant to be flat. He may have just had an increasing tone which in the likes of english means its a question but not in beanish maybe.

Another point to make about decoding the language is we have to make more assumptions and not be too scared to make leaps of faith or fix something and always hedge our bets. You will make some mistakes but at least you progress forward much faster and new information either supports your assumptions or negates them and you go back and revisit your previous assumptions and start down a new path. Imagine your playing Sudoku and your stuck and your too scared to make an assumption so you just never get anywhere.

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:12 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:My prediction for the OTC: Beanie teaches Cueball the word for whatever that is. Then, Megan gets up. Cueball says something to her to the effect of "I've been learning their language; ImageImageImageImage means water."

BlitzGirl wrote:ImageImageImage
(for kenmelken)

I think I called this one!
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, Vytron, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

Moose Anus

Postby Moose Anus » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:14 pm UTC

It doesn't mean water, it means semen cup.
Lemonade? ...Aww, ok.

anabatica

Postby anabatica » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:15 pm UTC

anabatica wrote:Anyone else counting/identifying letters, other than BlitzGirl's groupings which may contain multiple letters?

I've got 20 (from all the dialog we've seen so far), but there's some guessing involved in which are actually unique letters and which are modified by diacritics. I haven't bought in to the rotation idea.

Building on this, I picked some potential translations for each Beanie phrase and then did the same exercise for English as I'd done for my best guesses at the Beanish letters.

Phrases used (I excluded articles as I'm not convinced they have them):

Uhm, what?

Can you please speak beanish?

Get healing paste.

Hm, looks like leopard scratch.

Healing paste.

Sleep here

Water.

Water.

Yes! Water!

I'm not proposing these as translations, I just wanted English that said roughly the same amount of stuff in roughty the same amount of letters as Beanish, so we could compare and get an estimate of how many Beanish letters there might be.

In both cases, I excluded things that were repeated artificially i.e. the water repeats and the healing paste repeat.

For English, I got:

uu
hhhhhhh
mm
ww
aaaaaaaaaa
ttttt
ccc
n
yy
oooo
ppppp
llllll
eeeeeeeeeeeeeee
ssssssss
kkk
b
nn
iii
gg
rrrr
d

21 letters. In terms of frequency, e came up more often than anything in Beanish (I had two different letters being repeated 6 times as the most frequent).

It's late here and messing around with the character images to show my Beanish analysis is a bit beyond me at the moment, but I can do it in the morning if no one has done anything similar.

edit: thinking about it, my English is probably a fair bit wordier than the Beanish. Anyway, going to bed, will revisit tomorrow.
Last edited by anabatica on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:36 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:29 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:For the sake of streamlining our naming system, GLR would have to be known as Randball.

If we're doing that we'd have to do it for all of us too. You'd be... Boaball? Crownball? ...I'd be... Otterball? :P

Waterottermolpyball. :D

Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Hertzog

Postby Hertzog » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:32 pm UTC

Associating the word "water" with the concept of water (flowing over her hand) was the breakthrough in Hellen Keller's understanding of the link between things and the symbols for things.

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Cake Time!

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:32 pm UTC

Blindpost from NP1054:
Happy 1.6e2 BlitzGirl!

EDIT: fixed NP ref
Last edited by AluisioASG on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:41 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

fhorn

Postby fhorn » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:37 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:
taixzo wrote:My prediction for the OTC: Beanie teaches Cueball the word for whatever that is. Then, Megan gets up. Cueball says something to her to the effect of "I've been learning their language; ImageImageImageImage means water."

BlitzGirl wrote:ImageImageImage
(for kenmelken)

I think I called this one!

probably.
"...or I shall have to find Chekov myself, and shoot him with his own damn gun" - k.bookbinder
unteaching is the hardest teaching

BlitzGirl

Re: Cake Time!

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:39 pm UTC

AluisioASG wrote:Blindpost from NP1062:
Happy 1.6e2 BlitzGirl!
Spoiler:

Yum! Thanks! :mrgreen:

Oh, and I know just what to serve with it:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

edo

Postby edo » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:44 pm UTC

ᘡᘈᑫᑲᓄᓭᔪᔭᕒ
I gotta say, Aboriginal Sans has a lot of these characters. At the very least we could use it for approximations in code breaking software. (You'll need to install the font to see what I mean, and for some reason it isn't working for me in chrome.)
Co-proprietor of a Mome and Pope Shope

Eternal Density

(I've travel through time to say:)

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:58 pm UTC

kenmelken wrote:DARKONG!!!!

EDIT: Double post was only for this very monumental ONG.

BLINDposting (pun intended) from the above newpic to say that until this moment I thought that the Live Wallpaper app was not working after I updated it (because I updated it upon getting home shortly after that ONG and without reading the OTT). But as it turns out, it was *meant* to be black. Good thing I didn't bugreport it!
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

partingLance

Postby partingLance » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:00 pm UTC

Montov wrote:
SinusPi wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
higgs-boson wrote:The matter of the three beanies' names is not settled, yet? Fine. I'm suggesting Huey, Dewey, and Louie.

I don't think the female person(s) in the Beanie Bunch would appreciate the suggestion. :wink:

Xuey, Xewey and Xouie!

Dusty, Indy & Windy.

Whatever happened to the dust, anybody know?

Oh, you know. It's the dust. It does what it wants. It blows forward and it blows back, for example.
StratPlayer wrote:And at this very moment, someone on the Isle of Wight named Bungalo Bill is listening to the 'splat' made from using their family album to squash a beetle, that had ran, helter-skelter, straight for the wild honey pie made by his dear wife Prudence...

Wildhound

Postby Wildhound » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:01 pm UTC

REPEATONG

Now and forever, a staunch TimeKeeper amongst heretics.

OTC Android Live Wallpaper

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:06 pm UTC

ImageImageImageImage, ImageImageImageImage, everywhere...
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”