1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Arky

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Arky » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:08 am UTC

edo wrote:Phonepost: Just thought of something: the sandcastle on the boat is the highest one they've ever built. Each one has been higher (despite what cueball said)

ETA I'm guessing some people are wondering: 5th time's the charm

Ha! Yes, that's very true. Hadn't thought of it that way.
Veteran of the One True Thread. And now the Too True Thread?

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:08 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:COLORONG:

Spoiler:

Cool only 3080 odd more to go :D

IceIsNice

Postby IceIsNice » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:10 am UTC

But.... But....

I like our castle.
Hi! Probably.

HES

Postby HES » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:10 am UTC

*sigh*
Molpy down.
Spoiler:

You'd better be here in the morning! :evil:
He/Him/His Image

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:11 am UTC

Some more folks I want to tip my hat to:
Thank you, buffygirl How could I have forgotten you, oh First Maker Of Great Hats.*
Thank you, edfel maker of maps
Thank you, Kieryn lord of charts
Thank you, Sciscitor another lord of charts and visualizations
Thank you, k.bookbinder does Bob have any more of those mushrooms?
Thank you, Eternal Density for being my most wonderful ninja nemisis** (and all your Summery pics)
Thank you, HES
Thank you, lmjb1964
Thank you, TheMinim
Thank you, XonqNopp
Thank you, AluisioASG
Thank you, Rule110
Thank you, htom
Thank you, taixzo
Thank you, charlie_grumbles
Thank you, spamjam
Thank you, higgs-boson
Thank you, slinches
Thank you, KarMann
Thank you, cellocgw
Thank you, TimeLurker for trusting me to answer your PM's before you started posting

To those here and in my other post for whom I didn't have a dedication: sometimes I can't remember all the seaish or riverish or neat or Wow things you did, but I do know that when I see you avator and name, I know something fun is about to happen.
And there might be some more shout-outs that I'll make. But just because I missed you (especially Elders), doesn't mean that I don't need to thank you for this and all the fish.

*@ buffygirl: I've never felt that I was worthy of one of your creations, so I never asked.
**@ Eternal Density: for all those Times we traded ninjas.

------
More *Hugs* all the way around.
Last edited by pelrigg on Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:13 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

BytEfLUSh

Postby BytEfLUSh » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:11 am UTC

saengerbeatle wrote:i'm really sad, if this is really the end. I will take a look on the side every now and then, just hoping that it somehow continues.

But think about it: If you look back to this Time-Storyline in ... let's say a year or when you show it to others... I think it will be quite hard to explain how it felt to have watched it from the very beginning.
I have seen Cueball and Megan before they even started building the castle and I didn't understand it back then. Later that day I looked back to the side, hoping to understand it but the picture had changed. Since then everytime I looked to the page and to aubronwood I was curious how the story continued and what had happend since the last time I looked. It kinda was like visiting two friends.

Well. Thank you, Randall and everyone. It was an awesome Time.

I never thought I'd say this about a webcomic, but - it was a once-in-a-lifetime experience... :cry:

-- Professor Dan, The Man from Earth (paraphrased)

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:11 am UTC

Right. I have poured myself a glass of Monty Python's Holy Grail Ale and I think I am ready to begin dealing with this incredible sense of loss I am feeling at the moment.

:(

This is going to take some time...

:cry:

No! I can do this. I've just got to pull myself together.

Pull yourself together...
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

chem1190c

Postby chem1190c » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:12 am UTC

I guess this is somewhat fitting then, as the sun sets on the OTC...

SEA MOLPY DOWN :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Redundant Sea Molpy Down :(
Spoiler:
SeaMolpyDown_101r3.gif
Sea Molpy Down ):

Edit: Papal decree: It ain't over till the fat molpy sings.. also, no one is allowed to photoshop singing molpies into any frames until at least the end of this page.
Last edited by chem1190c on Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:15 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
/at least I'm not a bowl of petunias/
\\current member of the post-pre-hat-queue-mob-mob-mob\\

MajorDouble7

Postby MajorDouble7 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:13 am UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:@edo, it would be nice if you would remove the spoiler text from your signature. Most blitzers won't, in fact, want that new information from the present. Thanks.

charlie_grumbles made this comment on NP1248 (where I am currently floating in the past), and thinking I was safe because I was present in Time with the comment being made by charlie, I went and looked to see what the sig was, out of curiosity. And I found out, the hard way, that not only did @edo decide to keep his sig, he apparently decided to update it to the current (and thus future for me) status of the OTC. I am super bummed. Because I saw this sig line, I had to consult the Book of Aubron to see what was happening. I am devastated and no longer have the gusto to Ketchup to the present from the 23 NPs I am behind. Deflated. Gutted. You get the idea. Note: In no way do I hold charlie responsible for this; I don't blame him in any way. In fact, I don't really even blame edo all that much, although, the sig he has is definitely a big smack in the face to Blitzers...

In brighter news, maybe the GLR is just f***king with us (sorry for the profanity, but that's just my mood rynow) and this is not, in fact, what edo's sig has alluded to.

I can keep hoping, right?
HES wrote:That's not how these things work; Beardo will know, but before telling them he will send them on a quest for the magical sand timer of the molpy people. He'll give them a stick with +1 Thwapping and [...] once Time ends, it will restart on a higher difficulty setting.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:13 am UTC

mscha wrote:Oh, and for the mome: The OTC should be ... black and white.

Can't beat the classics, I guess.

Except with RAZZMATAZZ!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:14 am UTC

Rule110 wrote:What time does is move on. For good or ill, we don't loom over the distant future the way we like to think we do. The continents grind together or spin apart, seas rise and fall, the earth wobbles on its axis, the stars drift out of their constellations and eventually die. And after all that, it's still now. There's a boy and girl on a beach and the time is now, the time is right now and only now, to build a castle.

This is going in my signature (as an image, because the text is too long).
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:14 am UTC

MajorDouble7 wrote:In brighter news, maybe the GLR is just f***king with us (sorry for the profanity, but that's just my mood rynow) and this is not, in fact, what edo's sig has alluded to.

I can keep hoping, right?

Well, Time has supposedly ended. But the newpix keep on coming...
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:16 am UTC

I have to coma now, but in the morning I will return, and I'm confident that, if not the OTC, the OTT will still be there.

Wait on.

Molpydown
Spoiler:
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:17 am UTC

pelrigg wrote:Some more folks I want to tip my hat to:
Spoiler:
Thank you, buffygirl How could I have forgotten you, oh First Maker Of Great Hats.*
Thank you, Eternal Density for being my most wonderful ninja nemisis** (and all your Summery pics)
Thank you, HES
Thank you, lmjb1964
Thank you, TheMinim
Thank you, XonqNopp
Thank you, AluisioASG
Thank you, Rule110
Thank you, htom
Thank you, taixzo
Thank you, spamjam
Thank you, higgs-boson
Thank you, slinches
Thank you, KarMann
Thank you, cellocgw
Thank you, TimeLurker for trusting me to answer your PM's before you started posting

To those here and in my other post for whom I didn't have a dedication: sometimes I can't remember all the seaish or riverish or neat or Wow things you did, but I do know that when I see you avator and name, I know something fun is about to happen.
And there might be some more shout-outs that I'll make. But just because I missed you (especially Elders), doesn't mean that I don't need to thank you for this and all the fish.

*@ buffygirl: I've never felt that I was worthy of one of your creations, so I never asked.

------

And thank you, too, Pelrigg!!

Oh, Bob's shrooms...um *runs to the back of the cave*

*returns*

Hm. You know, that stash of m&ms I had hidden back there? In the dark, damp corner? Well, there is SOMETHING growing on it, though, I cannot safely determine if it is a kind of Bob mushroom or a kind of Ugg mushroom.

We must never forget poor Ugg.

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:19 am UTC

Valarya wrote:If you go back to the 300's in NPs you'll see that people used to cuss quite frequently in here. It has just turned in to chirping mustard phrases. :P Speaking of which.. my 13 year old daughter asked me "what's chirping mustard?" with a huge smile on her face at dinner about an hour ago. I broke down into tears right there in the restaurant thinking about the OTC / OTT. Chirping chirp...

Oh yeah (ETA).. *hugs* to all you who weren't here when it happened. We're not going anywhere. It'll take an hour or so to sink in. Also *waves* @ KarMann!

Ironically, enough, I started using the OTT-developed curses (molpy, chirp, mustard) today, the same day that the story told within "Time" reached its conclusion.

*hugs* to all of you, present and not.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

xobmaps00052

Postby xobmaps00052 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:20 am UTC

Longtime lurker here, just gotta say, 7

Took things in stried at first, but reading the past 10 or so pages of fare wells and grief, starting to get misty eyed myself.

Thanks to all the OTT posters, you have meant as much to us lurkers as the OTC, maybe more.

wizpretz

Postby wizpretz » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:20 am UTC

I don't think that the OTC is going anywhere else. It will probably just continue looping with the waves of the sea until the xkcd server is shut down.
But that doesn't mean that the Time has to end. People have mentioned before that half of the comic is the community, so as long as we're still here Time can never end.

Pikrass

Postby Pikrass » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:24 am UTC

*Kat* wrote:I hope this isn't actually "the end". I kept waiting for something, something more. Something that would tie everything that we had seen together. I kept thinking that they would re-encounter the beanies...or that the place where they landed would be given a name that we all knew.

"Life is so short and I'm sure there must be something more..."

k.bookbinder wrote:Hm. You know, that stash of m&ms I had hidden back there? In the dark, damp corner? Well, there is SOMETHING growing on it, though, I cannot safely determine if it is a kind of Bob mushroom or a kind of Ugg mushroom.

Maybe a hug mushroom? <3
Programmer and waiter devoted to Time.

Scripts for the One True Thread: heretic date to newpix converter; spoiler detector; multiquote; extra hide button for spoilers.
Code, links and instructions on Github.
Bundle (Firefox only)

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:26 am UTC

Pikrass wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:Hm. You know, that stash of m&ms I had hidden back there? In the dark, damp corner? Well, there is SOMETHING growing on it, though, I cannot safely determine if it is a kind of Bob mushroom or a kind of Ugg mushroom.

Maybe a hug mushroom? <3

*goes back to the cave, looking suspiciously at the VERY old m&ms*

*Returns*

OK. You try them first.

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:28 am UTC

I'd like to quote BlitzGirl from way back on NP 865, as this seems incredibly relevant at the moment:

BlitzGirl wrote:
Earthling on Mars wrote:You're happy about the butterflymolpy's demise?!

Absolutely. For the bleeding hearts of newpages 863-4:

For all that you mourn the loss of the flutterbee as a symbol of beauty in the world, would you have mourned it so fiercely had it not met such an untimely end? I rejoice in the strength of the raptor's wings, its steep and plunging dive, its anticipation and judgement and technique. I celebrate it: wind-rider, air-splitter, acrobat on the breeze. It is a glorious engine of death, bringing the life of the flutterbee so precisely and poignantly to a close. Too often beauty lingers past its time, left behind on a newpix beyond our ken, to spiral into feather-soft memory that slips from our minds as gently as the Fading. No! Not here! Not now! The flutterbee is snatched from life in the instant of its appreciation, glorious, caught forever in a moment most beautiful, soaring gracefully into the heavens on glistening wings. It is our Icarus, breaking the chains of the earthly world in a brief, dooméd ascent. When he gazed into the blazing heart of the sun, what did he see? What if not the glory of a perfect unbecoming, a climactic close, an eternal legend, a symbol of life and loveliness and hope and desire caught forever in that instant of infinity before transcending the chrysalis of its physical shell and joyfully stretching newborn wings under a sky clearer and fresher than any mortal soul will ever know.

You weep at the loss of a pretty bug.
I weep for you, who cannot see how glorious it truly was.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

BytEfLUSh

Postby BytEfLUSh » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:28 am UTC

Ketched up... :(

BlitzGirl wrote:
BytEfLUSh wrote:And, 18 NP in just a few hours... What the chirp is going on??! Well, can't wait to ketchup, I guess (please not the end of Time, please not the end of Time, please not the end of Time)

I hate to tell ya this...

Yeah, as soon as I noticed that this is the end, I wondered what replies would I get to my naive blindpost...
Valarya wrote:We're going to feel it fresh anew each time a Blitzer reaches that newpic. *hugs* to BytEfLUSh and k.bookbinder

*hugs* to everyone
This is really not what I expected to see... I was finally thinking about how this is really not the end, the 40 (39) will probably reach Beanies, somehow communicate with them, set up a settlement next to theirs (or be accepted as their own people). This is sad...
BlitzGirl wrote:Oh, I forgot to keep track. I think most of the thread is around:

Stage 3: Bargaining
or
Stage 4: Depression

I can't be angry at GLR for making such a great comic experience for us. I can't bargain with him, since any e-mail would probably go into the spam or "crazy fan" folder and I'm not really into stalking people that live on the other side of the world. Also, I can't accept this is the end, so - I only have two options on the table.

-- Professor Dan, The Man from Earth (paraphrased)

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:29 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Thought I saw a beesnake... was just some dust on my screen. Aww.

D'awww. :(

HES wrote:The dust in my eyes is the bigger problem...

Double awwwww. :cry:
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

suzi

Postby suzi » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:29 am UTC

no. NO. My pet died and I broke up with my boyfriend in the same week, and now Time ends. No. I refuse. no :(

I know it's so much less of a tragedy than those things in my personal life, but sometimes it's the riverish things that keep us going when the seaish things fall apart.

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:32 am UTC

MajorDouble7 wrote:
charlie_grumbles wrote:@edo, it would be nice if you would remove the spoiler text from your signature. Most blitzers won't, in fact, want that new information from the present. Thanks.

charlie_grumbles made this comment on NP1248 (where I am currently floating in the past), and thinking I was safe because I was present in Time with the comment being made by charlie, I went and looked to see what the sig was, out of curiosity. And I found out, the hard way, that not only did @edo decide to keep his sig, he apparently decided to update it to the current (and thus future for me) status of the OTC. I am super bummed. Because I saw this sig line, I had to consult the Book of Aubron to see what was happening. I am devastated and no longer have the gusto to Ketchup to the present from the 23 NPs I am behind. Deflated. Gutted. You get the idea. Note: In no way do I hold charlie responsible for this; I don't blame him in any way. In fact, I don't really even blame edo all that much, although, the sig he has is definitely a big smack in the face to Blitzers...

For what it's worth, I asked him in a PM to change it before I asked in public. I hoped he would, out of respect for the blitzers. As you can see he has not.
Lurking. Watching. Thinking. Writing. Waiting.
-- Charlie Grumbles

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:32 am UTC

suzi wrote:no. NO. My pet died and I broke up with my boyfriend in the same week, and now Time ends. No. I refuse. no :(

I know it's so much less of a tragedy than those things in my personal life, but sometimes it's the riverish things that keep us going when the seaish things fall apart.

It's okay, you still have the seaish-riverish OTT to plunge into now and then...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:34 am UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:
pelrigg wrote:Some more folks I want to tip my hat to:
Spoiler:
Thank you, HES
Thank you, lmjb1964
Thank you, TheMinim
Thank you, XonqNopp
Thank you, AluisioASG
Thank you, Rule110
Thank you, htom
Thank you, taixzo
Thank you, spamjam
Thank you, higgs-boson
Thank you, slinches
Thank you, KarMann
Thank you, cellocgw

------

And thank you, too, Pelrigg!!

Oh, Bob's shrooms...um *runs to the back of the cave*

*returns*

Hm. You know, that stash of m&ms I had hidden back there? In the dark, damp corner? Well, there is SOMETHING growing on it, though, I cannot safely determine if it is a kind of Bob mushroom or a kind of Ugg mushroom.

We must never forget poor Ugg.

Yeah, that's true. I don't know if stall, damp M&M's are the right kind of s**t for the right kind of kick we need here. (Does Ugg have a brother? Possibly one named "Mikey"?)

Oh, and a shoutout to whomever posted the Twilight Zone episode link*: I've always thought that was one of the best episodes ever. I remember seeing it when it was new**.

*I can't find the post in this very big, fast moving sea that is The OTT tonight. (I'm thinking yappo, but I might be wrong.)
**Steve Goodman wrote a song about Time and loss called "The Dutchman", about a man towards the end of his days. Very bittersweet. In it there's a verse about him and his wife singing together an "old song, that they learned when it was new".
Great now :cry: for me.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

MajorDouble7

Postby MajorDouble7 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:36 am UTC

taixzo wrote:I'd like to quote BlitzGirl from way back on NP 865, as this seems incredibly relevant at the moment:

BlitzGirl wrote:

For all that you mourn the loss of the flutterbee as a symbol of beauty in the world, would you have mourned it so fiercely had it not met such an untimely end? I rejoice in the strength of the raptor's wings, its steep and plunging dive, its anticipation and judgement and technique. I celebrate it: wind-rider, air-splitter, acrobat on the breeze. It is a glorious engine of death, bringing the life of the flutterbee so precisely and poignantly to a close. Too often beauty lingers past its time, left behind on a newpix beyond our ken, to spiral into feather-soft memory that slips from our minds as gently as the Fading. No! Not here! Not now! The flutterbee is snatched from life in the instant of its appreciation, glorious, caught forever in a moment most beautiful, soaring gracefully into the heavens on glistening wings. It is our Icarus, breaking the chains of the earthly world in a brief, dooméd ascent. When he gazed into the blazing heart of the sun, what did he see? What if not the glory of a perfect unbecoming, a climactic close, an eternal legend, a symbol of life and loveliness and hope and desire caught forever in that instant of infinity before transcending the chrysalis of its physical shell and joyfully stretching newborn wings under a sky clearer and fresher than any mortal soul will ever know.

This...*sniff*...is the most beautiful thing I've ever read. Thank you to you both; BlitzGirl for creating it, and taixzo for bumping it here into the present...*sniff*...
HES wrote:That's not how these things work; Beardo will know, but before telling them he will send them on a quest for the magical sand timer of the molpy people. He'll give them a stick with +1 Thwapping and [...] once Time ends, it will restart on a higher difficulty setting.

Pikrass

Postby Pikrass » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:37 am UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:
Pikrass wrote:

Maybe a hug mushroom? <3

*Returns*

OK. You try them first.

Hmm. If I just hug it, it should be fine, right? Just a little hug... I feel it needs it... There, alone in the basement, the OTC ending... Maybe the M&M's will never be picked up, the Inquisition having lost its reason for living... I feel it's sad. It needs a hug... Or do I?
Programmer and waiter devoted to Time.

Scripts for the One True Thread: heretic date to newpix converter; spoiler detector; multiquote; extra hide button for spoilers.
Code, links and instructions on Github.
Bundle (Firefox only)

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:38 am UTC

suzi wrote:no. NO. My pet died and I broke up with my boyfriend in the same week, and now Time ends. No. I refuse. no :(

Wow, that's some bad luck, suzi... don't worry, we'll all be still around for a very long time! Image
pelrigg wrote:(I'm thinking yappo, but I might be wrong.)

And you would be wrong... sorry, I can't remember who it was either.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

MajorDouble7

Postby MajorDouble7 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:40 am UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:
MajorDouble7 wrote:

For what it's worth, I asked him in a PM to change it before I asked in public. I hoped he would, out of respect for the blitzers. As you can see he has not.

Thanks for trying, Chuck, a valiant effort. Just a shame, really...

In any case, I've enjoyed your company. Yours and the many others that breathed life into the OTT, and thus by extension, the OTC. Mayhaps we will all meet again in another life, when we are all Molpies.

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:42 am UTC

Pikrass wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:
Pikrass wrote:

Maybe a hug mushroom? <3

*Returns*

OK. You try them first.

Hmm. If I just hug it, it should be fine, right? Just a little hug... I feel it needs it... There, alone in the basement, the OTC ending... Maybe the M&M's will never be picked up, the Inquisition having lost its reason for living... I feel it's sad. It needs a hug... Or do I?

more *hugs*

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:42 am UTC

MajorDouble7 wrote:
Spoiler:
taixzo wrote:I'd like to quote BlitzGirl from way back on NP 865, as this seems incredibly relevant at the moment:

BlitzGirl wrote:

This...*sniff*...is the most beautiful thing I've ever read. Thank you to you both; BlitzGirl for creating it, and taixzo for bumping it here into the present...*sniff*...

*hugs Major* The End of Time can be wowterful, too! We're all here together, for one thing!
Thanks for the bump, taixzo.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:44 am UTC

:( It is always so sad to lose ones house molpy. More *hugs*

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:45 am UTC

More *hugs* to the latest casualties of this day; especially suzi, with her outside problems, and Pikrass, in his basement.

And just because I mentioned it, a You tube link: Steve Goodman - The Dutchman

EraObserver

Postby EraObserver » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:47 am UTC

Well, everyone else is giving tearful goodbyes/condolences, let me add my own-

I have learned so much reading from everyone's contributions on this page. In honesty, I came for the comic, but stayed for the humorous yet inspiring conversation. Thank you everyone for letting me listen in... I honesty don't know where else I will get to hear such a wide array of eye opening ideas and theories, or hilarious jokes and pictures. Thank you all. If this group does continue somewhere, I'll have to check on it from time to time.
*Insert witty comment*

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:49 am UTC

EraObserver wrote:Well, everyone else is giving tearful goodbyes/condolences, let me add my own-

Goodbye? Goodbye?!

Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:50 am UTC

I finally got a chance to turn on my computer's audio. So, I returned to my previously-opened tabs:

Valarya wrote:
HES wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:On the topic of remaining in this thread or not:

True, but what of ottifications, filks etc that directly relate to this thread? I can't be the only person with works in progress

You weren't. Even though Into the West was perfect enough, as is... I felt the need to filk it something proper for you guys.

So here it is.
Into the West from the LOTR ost
Spoiler:
March on
With your treasured friends
Water is rising
You've come to journeys end
Molpy down
And dream of fellow friends and dwellers
They are crying
From across the thread of Time

Why do you weep?
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see
Meg and Cue will return someday
Safe in each others arms
You're only dreaming

What can you see
In 1190?
Why does the title text hurt?
Across our thread
A new hope rises
The water still moves on the new ONG

And we will turn
toward each other
A light on the Sea (big)
Forever friends

Time fades
Into the world of night
Through molpies dancing
In our memories and filks
Don't say: We have come now to the end
The thread's still calling
You and I will meet again

And we'll be here in our Time
just comaing

I love you all.

I read this while listening to the video, and completely broke down crying. Amazing.

yappobiscuits wrote:Ok… I've had these ready to go for a while now, but have been putting off posting them since the OTC and OTT have been so full of excitement in recent wips, but now it's OVER, I feel the time is right.

I present not one, but THREE present presents for y'all in the form of recordings of three previously ottified songs! (With very crudely made videos).

These are somewhat out of date given the recent happenings, but see them as bits of nostalgia from the simpler days of the OTC :)

Firstly, Every Newframe's Awefulsome
(Based on "The Major General's Song" from Gilbert and Sullivan's Pirates of Penzance, originally ottified by ZoomanSP here, with some lines modified by me because I found the originals too hard to fit the rhythm or just too hard to say. Needless to say, this one was the biggest challenge to sing!)

Then, this cheered me right up and had me smiling!

yappobiscuits wrote:Next, The Knights Temporal Song
(Based on "Knights of the Round Table" from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, originally ottified by me here - and with some lines improved upon from the original)

And by the end of this, I was laughing!

yappobiscuits wrote:And finally, Megan and Cue
(Based on "Winnie the Pooh", originally ottified by me here)

And downloads for all!

I Image you all.

And then by the end of this one, I was crying again.

Truly amazing work, everyone.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:51 am UTC

EraObserver wrote:Well, everyone else is giving tearful goodbyes/condolences, let me add my own-

I have learned so much reading from everyone's contributions on this page. In honesty, I came for the comic, but stayed for the humorous yet inspiring conversation. Thank you everyone for letting me listen in... I honesty don't know where else I will get to hear such a wide array of eye opening ideas and theories, or hilarious jokes and pictures. Thank you all. If this group does continue somewhere, I'll have to check on it from time to time.

Indeed. I think we all share this sentiment. There is so much incredible talent here. I would hope that, should something happen to the thread, that someone would be kind enough to PM me to direct me to where ever it is that we may find one another and continue to feed off of the inspiration that Time has given to all of us, and we to each other.

I know several others have mentioned unfinished projects, dedicated to or inspired by the OTC and the OTT. I hope we will all continue to meet up here for our usual discussions and collaborations.

By the way, what are the chances that anyone has access to a 3D printer?

EraObserver

Postby EraObserver » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:52 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:

Goodbye? Goodbye?!

... Sorry, sorry, I recant! I recant!!!!

Please don't hurt me spawn of redundakitty... :shock:
*Insert witty comment*

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:54 am UTC

EraObserver wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:

Goodbye? Goodbye?!
Spoiler:

... Sorry, sorry, I recant! I recant!!!!

Please don't hurt me spawn of redundakitty... :shock:

That's more like it. No more leaving-talk, kay? Image
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”