1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Wildhound

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Wildhound » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:20 pm UTC

mscha wrote:⁴!
Got it, thanks.
I assume that the list of frames is now built into the app, and you're no longer using my .csv?

Well, yes and no. I'm still using your .csv, but now it is in the app package and doesn't need to be downloaded from your server. ;)
Now and forever, a staunch TimeKeeper amongst heretics.

OTC Android Live Wallpaper

yappobiscuits

Ketchup Part 1

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:20 pm UTC

Majorly seaish ketchup, so I'm actually going to split this one across a few posts.
Resurrecting my old ketchup smiley since BlitzGirl misses it :P (I was thinking about using it before anyway, but couldn't be bothered looking for it. So thanks for digging it up, BlitzGirl! But hmm, where's the version mscha made with a transparent background?)
BlitzGirl wrote:Past the End of Time
To the tune of 1999 by Prince
Spoiler:
I was coma'd when I wrote this
Forgive me if it sounds too plain
But when I got the thread open
Could've sworn it had gone insane

The pace was so rapid
There were ninjas runnin' everywhere
OTTers high on post-production
You know I didn't even care

'Cause I say a molpy molpy molpy
Molpy molpy, grapevine grapevine
So hang tight I'm gonna party
Like it's past the End of Time

I was coma'd when I wrote this
So chirp me if I go too fast
But Time just stopped a-tickin'
And The End's now in the past

Chaos all around us
The mood seems like fight or flight
But if you say goodbye
I'm gonna rope you in the basement from spite

Yeah
I say a molpy molpy molpy
Molpy molpy grapevine grapevine
Yeah yeah yeah

Lemme tell ya somethin'
When you come to the OTT
There's always somethin' new in store
I got a meowpy in my spoiler
And raptorcats ready to roar

Yeah
Great Lord Randall's stopped our ONG
We could all let this decay, oww
But before I'll let that happen
I'll write rONGs anyway

Oh
I say a molpy molpy molpy
Molpy molpy grapevine grapevine
(We've run all out of Time)

(Say there's still more Time)
A molpy molpy molpy
Molpy molpy grapevine grapevine, no no
So hang tight
(Party like it's past the End of Time)
I'm gonna, I'm gonna...

Not right, past the End of Time
Can't change it, past the End of Time
Past the End of Time
Past the End of Time
Don't stop, don't stop,
Say there's still more Time!

A molpy molpy molpy
Molpy molpy grapevine grapevine, yeah yeah
So hang tight
(I'm gonna party like it's past the End of Time)
We're gonna, we're gonna...woo!

Yeah, past the End of Time
Don'tcha try an' go (Past the End of Time)
Don'tcha try an' go (Past the End of Time)
We could all let this decay (Past the End of Time)
I don't say goodbye
I'd rather write rONGs anyway (Past the End of Time)

Listen to what I'm tryin' to say
Everybody, everybody say party...
*fades away into OTT-cake-giving*

(That is a chirpin' seaish song, so I just chopped off the end of it.)

4! That was fun. I love the references to redundakitties and molpy molpy molpy :mrgreen:
(Also I found the molpy in your exposure therapy :P)

Neat analysiseses, SPACKlick! Good work!
StratPlayer wrote:And I very much appreciate all of you here in the OTT. But with the End of Time behind us, I fear that Outsider forces will surely eventually tear apart the OTTers. I recognize why everyone wants to fight against it, and I share their sadness at seeing it go. It's like Megan building that first sand dyke against the rising sea. Here's a discussion about it back from NP 384:
Spoiler:
StratPlayer wrote:
Asthanius wrote:<snip>
I don't think you understand: The water will never rise that high. Look at Megan. She's rebuilding the sandcastle, isn't she? Now, they both know that the water is rising, but they don't know how far it will rise. If Megan was unsure of whether or not the water will overtake the sandcastle, why would she waste time rebuilding it?

Because Megan is continuing to build, she is confident that the water will not destroy the sandcastle.

At least, this is my theory.

Foolishly/bravely/blindly trying to hold on to what's familiar in the face of certain onslaught is part and parcel of the human spirit.

And thus it is with the diehards OTT, as the tides of real Outsider time start to pull it asunder...

Careful now with the defeatism! I expect BlitzGirl will have roped you in the basement by the time I reach the present!
Kieryn wrote:Hey -- did ya'll check the latest Google news headline!

Image 4!
And chirp yeah, we ain't stopping!
Whizbang wrote:I was poking around with the javascript, and I think I found the Director's Cut.
Spoiler:

Image Naaah, Randall has too much integrity to pull a George Lucas on this thing :P
smolloy wrote:<snip> I wonder when OTT followers will start arguing about "Cuegan" vs "Megball"?

Well, I couldn't tell you the page number (it was sometime around the start of the journey), but I admit it's entirely my fault :P. Someone suggested coming up with a collective noun for them. Meball was first suggested, but then Cuegan was suggested which proved more popular and began to catch on. I was a-coma at the time, but when I ketchupped I suggested Megball (which I believed, and still believe, is the superior term) but was a bit too late as Cuegan had already caught on. I still stand firm for the Megball minority against the Cuegan hordes!
WOnder93 wrote:Blitzposting to share some Markov chains I got from the OTT text:

Spoiler:
I made it back out .

It is made up Randallverse , Cuegan have been the one we are just trudging along .

Not to worry about Time ! Was happy to wake up , a newpix reminds me :p Totally pulling a semencaffeinatedbaconcancerbunny out of wifi range and are in Madagascar and brought up at the end , right ?

I just think blitzers should be a signatures-matching-posts sort of job I ' m using a complex vocabulary for ' asexual ' , I assert my request to be here and not the correct pronunciation , which means that we explode into a " Whoa ! If The Great Bag Robbery Rising Bag The Lost World : Jurassic Bag Bagginses ?

" More keyboards ! " Fade In to something , but it ' s long quotes , and more precious .

Prediction : Megan ' s a chart of posting .

I thank you for the purpose of amusing myself ?

Considering how little we ' ll try the special bits of the story I was going to be white pepper .

There are other elephants .

I think the original context of some sort ?

Maybe even taking note of effect-laden piano , I ' m gonna miss 1k anyway because of my regular bedtime .

Sorry if that ' s daughter , this morning ) : ) Yay , buffygirl and HAL9000 ' s big , stinky , steaming pile of Outside conversation / smalltalk is about a molpypope ?

And back to those double dactyls , said , unless the physics of flying objects in the black again , and it ' s not just bind tons of newpages ) * Yes , SHE was talking to trees after trying and failing ! ) for a newpix .

We see things at one of these comics got posted between now Outside and the last symbol in the future all at once .

As Cueball and Megan time travelled backwards from that frame ?

I agree with ChronosDragon , I get this .

Thinking about the river , but then all is abbreviated , so I had one of these : ETA 3 .

Birds-that-we-don ' t-wish-to-call-birds-but-maybe-boobies-will-be-okay , anyone can blitz truly .

: wink : I know this thread instead : This is a set , you already have one website or two Newpix spent catching up to this ?

While I was just too upsetting .

I don ' t coming back almost 50 years from now LaPetite will win , after much effort to choose the next however-many-hours Randall is trying to fill with water flowing in during the Journey looks like they were hiring _anyone_ who could enlighten us .

But I just assumed the camera tracks rapidly above the final product , or if this were 1-2 minutes .

Where did they climb / how fast they are going to read the " camera " tilting from frame 2400 , which may or may not be taken in by hand .

Hope it ' s uninhabitable , like a dude with a mighty banhammer as proof that BlitzGirl wanted to launch him into lashing out .

Then there ' s BuffyGirl who has gone through a cliff ! Oh ?

And you still respect me , at certain times where I ' m not going to be : To fulfill my own thoughts about the river goes , however , I know that somebody stole two posts are not floating on a fake blitz ! Makes it all mapped out at the sky is far future has begun .

I have time to wait for someone who is still the Molpy .

I think I need to check that spot before the water looks in a single one of the movie , you can ' t know they were like " ) It ' s banks " , but doesn ' t there , I really thought that my favorite trip down the forum picks up again at the front .

Does anyone else had provided an equivalent mountain made of either 24 or kittens will die of blood on the second scribe , and at first .

This is the plaintext I used (up to NP 1294; without quotes, code blocks and strikethroughs; including spoilers and text-coded smilies).

Also, here are some older Markov chains by thirds.

Hope you have fun :D I'll send more later. I'll also post the code of my OTT plaintext scraper when I polish it up a bit...

Haven't the slightest clue what a Markov Chain is, and looking it up just confused me even more, but these are funny!

For Valarya's decree on P.1296 - Just check the Megan and Cue video for some of my favourite frames ;). Later ones that I love that don't appear in the video include the arrival at the Beanish village with the kid chasing the other kid with a molpy, and LaPetite's return on the raftcastle (both when she appears, and when she first speaks!)
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

HES

Postby HES » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:25 pm UTC

Just reiterating my thanks to blitzgirl for this chirping awesome wallpaper
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:25 pm UTC

Yay! You're welcome!

Whizbang wrote:
Spoiler:

Bravo! :D Love it! And the redundakitty!

rvloon wrote:The last bit reminded me of the following:
Spoiler:
When I molpy up yeah I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be checking up on the OTT & C
When I go out yeah I know I'm gonna be
wondering whatever is up with the OTT & C

If I get drunk yes I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be drunkposting to the OTT
And if I pagepope yeah I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be decreeing the hell out of you and me

But I would watch 1550 frames
And I would watch 1550 more
Just to be the man who watched 3100 frames
Before he is forced to molpy down

When I'm working yes I know I'm gonna be
And when the money comes in for the work I'll do
I'll be buying 3000 T-shirts of the OTT & C

When I come home yeah I know I'm gonna be
And if I grow old well I know I'm gonna be
growing old and grumbling in the OTT

When I'm lonely yes I know I'm gonna be
hurrying back to ketchup on the OTT & C
When I'm dreaming yes I know I'm gonna dream
Dream about the time in the OTT & C

500 miles - by the Proclaimers.

Steakish*, Ronald!

yappobiscuits wrote:Resurrecting my old ketchup smiley since BlitzGirl misses it :P (I was thinking about using it before anyway, but couldn't be bothered looking for it. So thanks for digging it up, BlitzGirl! But hmm, where's the version mscha made with a transparent background?)

I'm not sure - I tried to find it, but couldn't. If somebody turns it up I'll add it to the smiley repository.

*Well-done
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:27 pm UTC

AutoX65Vair wrote:Lurker since the beginning of Time and having read at least 50% of the thread as it happened and another 25% on ketchuping, I finally had to post. I feel as though I may have missed an opportunity to be more a part of this awefulsome community. I always told myself I would post in the next 100 frames and then suddenly it was over! So now I must post in the Post-Time instead.
I would like to thank Aubron for his great player that I have been using since it was posted in the forum.
I did create this OTTification of The Beatles’ “Eleanor Rigby” though I couldn’t include as much of the story as I wanted to. I hope it is enjoyed.
Spoiler:
Megan and Cueball
Megan and Cueball,
Picked up their packs for adventure where no one had been,
Or so it seemed.
Leaving their castle,
Determined to find out the source of the fast rising sea,
What could it be?

All the rising water, where does it all come from?
All the rising water, this trip shouldn’t take long…

Up river they trekked,
Finding new places and faces and molpys never seen before,
Some to watch out for.
The friendly Beanies,
Can’t understand but help them by taking them to one who can,
Rosetta missed their clan!

All the rising water, flows from a larger sea.
All the rising water, and the Cueganites don’t know to flee.

Ahh, they must run to save the people,

Cueball and Megan,
Rush home with the maps to help guide the people safely,
Away from the sea.
Cut off from land now,
The 40 have nowhere to go to excape from the waves,
LaPetit’s raft saves the day!

All the rising water, will carry them who knows where,
All the rising water, they’ll make a new home there.

(Also, much more appreciation to those that have OTTified before me. I have never attempted a lyrical parody before and it's much harder than I anticipated)

What a brilliant way to delurk! This is great! Welcome!

Also, many more great OTTifications and poetry!
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:28 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:In the meantime we can just...
Spoiler:
...find something of our own to do, like make a sandcastle, explore the countryside, climb a mountain, go star-gazing, learn a new language, rescue some people in need, or anything else that adds to a meaningful life.

What? Did you think I'd just say "Wait for it"??? Sorry, but that's over...

*pelts StratPlayer with small candies from the top of the basement stairs*
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

StormAngel

Postby StormAngel » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:29 pm UTC

I'd like to thank the whole OTTer Clan for being such a great bunch of people, it just wouldn't be the same without any of you! The thing I've enjoyed most was the act of De-Lurking itself; I don't often get involved in forums or social media, and it has been a lot of fun to be involved in this community; with its hats, cakes, song parodies, fanfics (spell checker wants to change this to 'fanatics' (we had those too)), art, poetry, even its own memes :D
What achievement am I most proud of? Probably my 'Wait in Time' OTTification or my MolpyMeter art

yappobiscuits wrote:Merlpeh erp!
pha wrote:Remaining open question (maybe it was answered and I missed it): Who is Eternal Density brother?

That's the one unanswered question I'm still waiting for the most! :P

We should make a wiki page for open questionsDD of the OTT :)

smolloy wrote:Thanks for the welcomes!
My Big Dumb Idea is to read through this thread right from the start. Every ch*rpn post. I want to know when the first ONG was sounded (it certainly wasn't the done thing by newpage #50, so when did it start?). I want to see the arrival of BlitzGirl. I want to know when the word mustard/molpy/chirp were first used. I want to read the "live" reaction to the newpix when a massively zoomed in Megan holds up a micro-trebuchet! I want to experience this thread "live".
I hope no one thinks that's too crazy, and I hope none of you would mind too much if I started pseudo-blindposting after travelling back in Time?

I had a similar idea, except I've started at [what was] the last NP and am reading the pages in reverse order :)
Though I have not yet found time to get very far, as I'm trying to keep up with the NewPages too.

DD
Spoiler:
'ternaly Densicly
Thus be the question here:
Is he my sibling or
just a 4 friend?

I can now tell you with
equivocality,
Its all related so
-oops, that's the end.

p.s.
Extra thanks for all the consolation cakes and icecream, I saw the event on Saturday and it helped me to keep my grieving hidden from other family members who did not yet know :(
And all the color pics are so WOW-ful, escecially DawnFire's, and blitzgirl's, and... yeah, all of them :D
Oelpr Jnhar, Knight of the Chronological Order
Purveyor of Pepsi, the One True Beverage
"HELLO. MY NAME IS STORMANGEL. YOU OTCOLORED MY NOPICES. PREPARE TO GO CAVE."
yappobiscuits wrote:"I wanna be redundant too! Lemme be redundant! C'monnn!"

My OTTifications on Imgur
Spoiler:
Ch*rp

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:30 pm UTC

Whew, keught up again...
Read it all – oh, all those wowterful ottifications, colorizations, poetrifications and other art forms, and so many other insightful posts. (The rumors of the death of the OTT have definitely been greatly exaggerated.)
I don't have time for individual responses, though. (Past midnight and still got some Outside stuff to do that I should have done earlier, but was too busy OTTing...) My apologies.

Molpy down.

ETA:
Wildhound wrote:
Got it, thanks.
I assume that the list of frames is now built into the app, and you're no longer using my .csv?

Well, yes and no. I'm still using your .csv, but now it is in the app package and doesn't need to be downloaded from your server. ;)

Yeah, that's what I meant. Image
One more question. When you say “heretical frame number” (in the release notes), which heretical frame number do you mean? I.e., which standard do we need to follow to select an individual frame?

ETA2:
yappobiscuits wrote:Resurrecting my old ketchup smiley since BlitzGirl misses it :P (I was thinking about using it before anyway, but couldn't be bothered looking for it. So thanks for digging it up, BlitzGirl! But hmm, where's the version mscha made with a transparent background?)

List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Wildhound

Postby Wildhound » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:37 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
ETA:
Spoiler:
Wildhound wrote:
Got it, thanks.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Image
One more question. When you say “heretical frame number” (in the release notes), which heretical frame number do you mean? I.e., which standard do we need to follow to select an individual frame?

Quite right, I was a bit too vague there. It should be same same as the Book of Aubron - all frames numbered from 1 - 3102. The reason for this is not because I prefer that numbering (I don't), it's just far simpler to code because I had no option but to use an EditText for user frame selection. There are far too many frames to simply provide a list, and I hate coding for special cases.
Now and forever, a staunch TimeKeeper amongst heretics.

OTC Android Live Wallpaper

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:43 pm UTC

StormAngel wrote:What achievement am I most proud of? Probably my 'Wait in Time' OTTification or my MolpyMeter art <snip>
DD
Spoiler:
'ternaly Densicly
Thus be the question here:
Is he my sibling or
just a 4 friend?

I can now tell you with
equivocality,
Its all related so
-oops, that's the end.

The MolpyMeter! I remember that! Treeish double-dactyl, too... :D

mscha wrote:

Aha! There it is! Thanks, Image !
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:45 pm UTC

Big thanks for digging up the smiley, mscha!

ETA: Deserters be warned!
Spoiler:

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:18 am UTC

mikrit wrote:ZANCLEAN FLOOD (based on Aquarius)
Spoiler:
When Antares is forever gone,
And when Venus is the evening star,
When the river may not reach the sea,
When the hills are where the bullies are:

It is the coming of the second Zanclean flood!
The second Zanclean flood! Zanclean flood! Zanclean flood!

Salinity may be decreasing
While the sea is clearly rising.
Trebuchets and crenelations
are replaced by consternation.
Lack of formal education
Does not hinder exploration.

Zanclean flood! Zanclean flood!

When Antares is forever gone,
And when Venus is the evening star,
When the river may not reach the sea,
When the hills are where the bullies are:

It is the coming of the second Zanclean flood!
The second Zanclean flood! Zanclean flood! Zanclean flood!

Zanclean flood! Zanclean flood! Zanclean flood!
rvloon wrote:
Spoiler:
When I molpy up yeah I know I'm gonna be
When I go out yeah I know I'm gonna be
wondering whatever is up with the OTT & C

If I get drunk yes I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be drunkposting to the OTT
And if I pagepope yeah I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be decreeing the hell out of you and me

When I'm working yes I know I'm gonna be
And when the money comes in for the work I'll do
I'll be buying 3000 T-shirts of the OTT & C

When I come home yeah I know I'm gonna be
And if I grow old well I know I'm gonna be
growing old and grumbling in the OTT

When I'm lonely yes I know I'm gonna be
hurrying back to ketchup on the OTT & C
When I'm dreaming yes I know I'm gonna dream
Dream about the time in the OTT & C

500 miles - by the Proclaimers.
AutoX65Vair wrote:I did create this OTTification of The Beatles’ “Eleanor Rigby” though I couldn’t include as much of the story as I wanted to. I hope it is enjoyed.
Megan and Cueball
Spoiler:
Megan and Cueball,
Picked up their packs for adventure where no one had been,
Or so it seemed.
Leaving their castle,
Determined to find out the source of the fast rising sea,
What could it be?

All the rising water, where does it all come from?
All the rising water, this trip shouldn’t take long…

Up river they trekked,
Finding new places and faces and molpys never seen before,
Some to watch out for.
The friendly Beanies,
Can’t understand but help them by taking them to one who can,
Rosetta missed their clan!

All the rising water, flows from a larger sea.
All the rising water, and the Cueganites don’t know to flee.

Cueball and Megan,
Rush home with the maps to help guide the people safely,
Away from the sea.
Cut off from land now,
The 40 have nowhere to go to excape from the waves,
LaPetit’s raft saves the day!

All the rising water, will carry them who knows where,
All the rising water, they’ll make a new home there.

Three more ottifications4, yay!

Molpydown .

ETA: Happy 2200 posts, BlitzGirl!
ImageImageImage

And this one's for mscha to complete his sequence:
Last edited by ZoomanSP on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:29 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

MajorDouble7

Postby MajorDouble7 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:22 am UTC

smolloy wrote:Awesome! P18. Our two heros have names! (almost)
Arlo James Barnes wrote:Re: Names - Since we have not seen a Megan-like character called anything other than Megan, we can assume that is this character's name until a contraindication appears. However, I don't believe this holds for 'plain' (bald?) characters, as we have seen multiple people that look the same because of their lack of ornamentation, from author surrogates (See 'Substitute Teacher') to characters that are clearly not Mr. Munroe. Even if the 'plain' appearance was unique to a single character, would that character really want the nickname 'Cueball'? :P

ETA: As I said before, please let me know via PM if you don't like me posting this stuff, or if I'm breaking the etiquette of this needle-pulled-thing. Having never been actively contributing to this, it's very possible (even likely) that I am getting on your nerves, and I will not have a problem if anyone says that to me :)
I just hope some of this stuff is interesting to you!

I say "KEEP IT UP" as loudly and as heartfelt as possible! These past moments of the OTT are simply wonderful to experience again. :D :
HES wrote:That's not how these things work; Beardo will know, but before telling them he will send them on a quest for the magical sand timer of the molpy people. He'll give them a stick with +1 Thwapping and [...] once Time ends, it will restart on a higher difficulty setting.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:23 am UTC

Since we were on the subject of t-shirts, here's my contribution...
Spoiler:

MajorDouble7

Postby MajorDouble7 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:30 am UTC

Whizbang wrote:Did we ever have a true flamewar in the OTT? I think it's about time we get on that.

I know there was some silliness about posting sea-ish blitz posts or something (I skimmed most of those posts). Maybe we could fan those embers a bit?

Also,

Redundant Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Redundant Kitty.png

Entertainment.png

Whizbang = genius. Great job!
HES wrote:That's not how these things work; Beardo will know, but before telling them he will send them on a quest for the magical sand timer of the molpy people. He'll give them a stick with +1 Thwapping and [...] once Time ends, it will restart on a higher difficulty setting.

dawnfire

Postby dawnfire » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:31 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Since we were on the subject of t-shirts, here's my contribution...
Spoiler:

Would definitely buy it. Except for *everyone* would think I'd gone mad. (I probably have.)

Also, had another attempt at colouring. Didn't cross-check against SinusPi's old posts, so pretty sure I've not got the canonical colours here, but hopefully you get the general idea. Definitely felt the "Yes!" needed bright colours of some sort.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:35 am UTC

@yappo I would so wear that shirt.
@dawnfire: I've loved all your OTColorizations so far, but this Beanish one is my favorite!

All right... I've had this OTTification in my back pocket since I filked Into the West but didn't want to inundate the thread with another depressing moment - as I think that hit us all too hard on Friday. I'd much rather be posting a happy, up-beat (maybe even silly) filk for you to read, but didn't want this to go to waste.

This song happens to be one of my all-time favorites. It hits me harder, emotionally, than lots of other stuff I listen to. SO I had to. I plan to sing it someday and upload a video.

Our Thread is the Best
a filk of All For the Best by Thom Yorke
Spoiler:
Molpied up and it hit me new
No newpic to greet me now
The more I looked, the more I cried
Cause our Time was the best.

Watching Cuegan saving family
Floating on the raft, they warned us
There's nowhere left... to RUN to
Cause our thread is the best.

<awesome spatial drum sticks and guitar stuff>

OTTers filking everything
for our sanity and heartaches
We're always posting tree encouragements
whispering that our thread is the best

That day our duo walked off frame
Trailing LaPetite
They're far away from home but never far away from us
We all know that our Time... is the best.

Promise me xuys, not to leave the one true thread
Stay within our bubble.
Promise me xuys, not to leave the one true thread
Stay within our bubble.

I'm not leaving. I'm not leaving.
Where is Lucky?
I'm not leaving. Where are Cuegan?
I'm not leaving, you are all my family.
Last edited by Valarya on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:39 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:36 am UTC

Love the colorfication, dawnfire - the colored Beanish symbols are a nice touch. :)

ZoomanSP wrote:ETA: Happy 2200 posts, BlitzGirl!
ImageImageImage

Thanks, Zooman!
And it's a ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image T-shirt! Yay!
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Arky

Postby Arky » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:45 am UTC

Just saw the blag post (thanks to people here for mentioning it).

It appears my estimates of how much time Time was taking the GLR on average, towards the end, were well short even though I was emphasising how much time the GLR must be putting in... I guess the Rosetta speeches and the scenes involving the 40 were especially time-consuming. It wouldn't surprise me if that factored in towards how much the pace sped up.

I still hold out hope for some kind of official Time merch, if only so we have a way of spotting each other in the wild in the future.

And I do hope that Hugo nomination comes to be.

And, once, he's had some time to sleep and reflect, I hope the GLR gives an interview to answer a few last unanswered questions (like the Antares thing, Beanish, the wowbabs and of course to what extent he knew about the community while he was drawing the comic!).
Veteran of the One True Thread. And now the Too True Thread?

Kabuthunk

Postby Kabuthunk » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:48 am UTC

Just looked up Time online again, and apparently it just recently ended?!? Well, my original prediction back on page 12 or so here was off... figured it'd run for a year.

But still... this comic definitely gets to call itself "epic".

Oh and hey, this topic is STILL the only topic I've ever posted in on the forums :P

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:51 am UTC

Molpy molpy molpy molpy t-shirt t-shirt version 2!
Spoiler:

ETA: Wowterful ottification, Valarya!
Last edited by yappobiscuits on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:53 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

ucim

Postby ucim » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:52 am UTC

mikrit wrote:Nevertheless, I will celebrate by trying an OTTification. (Not sure if it is really singable.)
Eminiently singable, and quite treeish! Really nice job!

And to add to the answer to my own question, another thing I'm "happiest" with (as opposed to "proudest of") is the Pilgrim Service in the Acts of the Clerics, which I think helped keep the thread on track at a moment where it was threatening to get a little heated. I'd also like to express my apprecation, awe even, for BlitzGirl's prescient words of wisdom, which later became the Prayer of BlitzGirl. It really keeps so much in perspective - those were awesome words.

As for time merch, one thing that would be really treeish would be a simple piece of jewelry; a pin, tietack, or somesuch; just with the number 1190. Nothing more.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

CasCat

Postby CasCat » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:06 am UTC

The last thing I want to do is throw cold water on the t-shirt idea (because Randall knows I'd wear one myself!), but let's all keep in mind it's Randall's artwork, and his copyright, and make sure we have permission before anyone actually has them made by one of the print-on-demand t-shirt companies, ok? Maybe throw him a little royalties with each shirt...?
BlitzGirl the Fast the First

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:09 am UTC

Woo so much awesome art and OTTification and ideas!
Special mention must to go Whizbang's OTTherComic and redundakitty.
Also, I have monitors of unequal size:
StormAngel wrote:p.s.
Extra thanks for all the consolation cakes and icecream, I saw the event on Saturday and it helped me to keep my grieving hidden from other family members who did not yet know :(
Oh so that's how you pulled it off without me suspecting!

BlitzGirl: I'm certain I remember a River Tam smiley at some point in the OTT.

General question: what happens if you take EDCB AECD AEDC BAED CCDC BABA as musical notes?

'Redundant':
Spoiler:
Someone said goodbye?
To the basement with you!
blitzpaper.png
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:14 am UTC

CasCat wrote:The last thing I want to do is throw cold water on the t-shirt idea (because Randall knows I'd wear one myself!), but let's all keep in mind it's Randall's artwork, and his copyright, and make sure we have permission before anyone actually has them made by one of the print-on-demand t-shirt companies, ok? Maybe throw him a little royalties with each shirt...?

I believe all of his work is licensed under creative commons, so his artwork is free to use so long as xkcd.com is sited as source and credited. I am sure none of us would have a problem giving credit where credit is due :)

Were I to design OTC t-shirts, and sell to others (which I do not see actually happening), I would be more than happy to donate to xkcd.com, more than just a little royalties. But alas, I am no entrepreneur. However, if I do make a shirt, and purchase for myself (which I am seriously considering), I will gladly make an additional donation to xkcd.com. Though, I would still prefer to purchase an OTC item directly from the xkcd.com store. But even GLR needs his rest, so I will not press the issue for new OTC merchandise on xkcd.com
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:23 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
neopifex wrote:
FullOfIt wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Added a new OTColored frame, because I felt like doing some crazy coloring (just as therapeutic as when I was five years old...)
Spoiler:
Original (2235):

Colorbazooka (click for larger version):

Okay, wow... that's a... wow. Damn.

That reminds me:
Blitzgirl, would it be possible to get a higher-res copy of your colored version of this frame? I'd love to be able to use it as my wallpaper (1920px wide).

Sure, here you go!

BlitzGirlColorBazookaWallpaper.png

Hooray! Thank you! New wallpaper for my desktop!

...I just had a mental picture of walking into an internet café, and seeing twenty dekstops in brilliant yellows and oranges...
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:27 am UTC

mikrit wrote:About BlitzGirl's question about what contribution we are most proud of. I don't like to brag...

*twitch, twitch*

all right, I do like to brag: I was the first OTTer to suggest the Zanclean flood. Moahaha! I won the thread! Wheee!

That would be a good shirt too:

"I waited four months for the Zanclean flood!"
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

yappobiscuits

Ketchup Part 2

Postby yappobiscuits » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:28 am UTC

Time for another dollop of Image
Aubron wrote:Just pushed out a closing set of updates to xkcd.aubronwood.com, including auto-pausing for special frames. However, most fun of which (in my own opinion) is the secret ability to add a ?youtube=YOUTUBEID and make background music for the comic.

Thanks for all the support! <3

Hey! I was never around here while you were, so nice to meet the man behind The Book! Yours was, like many others, the viewer I used the most at first! Neat night-time effect addition too! Thanks for all your fine work!

Haha! I clicked the first one not knowing what to expect and laughed quite a lot :mrgreen:
StratPlayer wrote:
mscha wrote:I wanted to OMR-All-Related-ify the latest OtherComic, but I'm stumped...

Huh... Seems pretty obvious to me:

Spoiler:
1. In the Current Other Comic, GLR refers to the Kerbal Space Program.

2. The Kerbal Space Program is a space-flight simulator in development by Squad a game development company in Mexico City, Mexico.

3. Mexico City was built from the ashes of the Aztec city Tenochtitlán, destroyed by Hernan Cortes in 1521.

4. 1521 is also the year that the Edict of Worms was issued by the Holy Roman Emporer Charles V, declaring Martin Luther a heretic.

5. The Edict of Worms was issued during the Diet of Worms in Worms, Germany, where "diet" refers to a general assembly of Imperial Estates of the Holy Roman Empire. It does not refer to any culinary or nutritional choices by the assembly.

6. However, while it is true that humans CAN eat worms, it is much more likely that worms become parasites of humans -- these are the parasites known as the helminths.

7. The study of parasitic worms is called helminthology, and has a long history. One author, David L. Grove wrote a book about it called "A History of Human Helminthology" in 1990.

8. David L. Grove was also the name of a Pennsylvania Game Commission Wildlife Conservation officer shot and killed in the line of duty on November 11, 2010 as he was investigating night-time poaching.

9. The officer David L. Grove also wrote an article in about the dangers of night-time poaching called "A Shot in the Dark" for the Pennsylvania Game News Magazine available as a pdf download HERE.

10. "A Shot in the Dark" was also the name of a 1964 Blake Edwards Movie, and it was the second installment in the Pink Panther series starring Peter Sellers as Inspector Clouseau.

11. The Pink Panther was a series of comedy films and a spin-off cartoon featuring a well-known musical theme, composed by Henry Mancini.

12. Henry Mancini was a famous and prolific composer of movie and easy-listening music. He recorded many, many records, including one in 1976, called "Henry Mancini Conducts the London Symphony Orchestra in a Conerct of Film Music", recorded at Abbey Road Studios.

13. Abbey Road Studios was established in 1931 and was the recoding site of many famous records, including Pink Floyd's 1973 album, "Dark Side of the Moon", which has sold over 50 million copies.

14. "Dark Side of the Moon" has several well-known tracks, including two songs that were singles and staples of FM radio -- "Money" and "Time".

15. "Time" was also the title of the xkcd comic #1190, also known as the One True Comic.

Heehee! I've missed these, Strat! :mrgreen:
fatness wrote:By the way, Randall made a "making of Time" blag post today.

http://blag.xkcd.com/

I'd already seen this before ketchupping since Valarya kindly posted it in the facebook group, but I'll comment here too! So glad Randall did this, I was almost getting worried he wouldn't. Answers a lot of questions and gives us a nice bit of closure. (To the comic! Not anything else! Don't put me in the basement!). "I just made this because I thought it would be neat" - Yes Randall, it was VERY tree-ish indeed! :mrgreen:
Zorin_75 wrote:Combined with the youtube feature that's just EPIC!

The beginning of that was so very epic and neat, with the music and the night effect! And then when I realised what the song was I SQUEE'D. Nice to see another Within Temptation fan here! :mrgreen:
BlitzGirl wrote:
Spoiler:

7terful! 4! Want!
Valarya wrote:The following lyrics have been stuck in my head for 3 dips straight, now. I find myself singing it in the shower, walking around the house, driving in my car, sitting at work, etc etc etc.

Thanks, yappo. -_-
Megan and Cue, Megan and Cue'
castle-building duo who don't know much they're
Megan and Cue, Megan and Cue
awesomeful adventuring paair.

You're most welcome :mrgreen:
(It was majorly stuck in my head for dips after I recorded it too, I know how you feel)

dawnfire

Postby dawnfire » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:30 am UTC

So should have coma'd an hour or more ago, but had a nagging feeling I could do Lucky's last sighting a bit better justice. Hope you like it!

Molpy down and out!

Previous version:
Spoiler:

CasCat

Postby CasCat » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:32 am UTC

dawnfire wrote:So should have coma'd an hour or more ago, but had a nagging feeling I could do Lucky's last sighting a bit better justice. Hope you like it!

Molpy down and out!

Previous version:
Spoiler:

That's a wowterful molpy-running-down!
BlitzGirl the Fast the First

Kabuthunk

Postby Kabuthunk » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:36 am UTC

So... how long will it take before another comic bests this one for most posts on the forum :P

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:41 am UTC

Very pretty, dawnfire!
Eternal Density wrote:BlitzGirl: I'm certain I remember a River Tam smiley at some point in the OTT.
Image Found it!
ucim wrote:I'd also like to express my apprecation, awe even, for BlitzGirl's prescient words of wisdom, which later became the Prayer of BlitzGirl. It really keeps so much in perspective - those were awesome words.

Thanks again, Jose - I'm fond of that thread-speech myself. And thanks for all of the wowterful Acts of the Clerics so far!

I tried my hand at the epilogue rhyme scheme, though I broke it up differently (the two repeating EDCBA bits were my inspiration): EDCBA ECDA EDCBA EDCCDC BABA
With these stanza breaks, it also means the first three stanzas begin with an E rhyme and end with an A. This helped me clarify my poem further; it now mirrors the OTC plot.
So, here it is, my first original poem for the OTT. (Works pretty well when read aloud.)

Time Has Flown

Cuegan's castles made of sand
Never shall they be complete
Moving forward, someday we
Make more at a later date
Leave for now with quiet sigh

Cuegan's journey over land
Contemplate a quiet tree
Molpies shy, molberries neat
Let's climb mountains to the sky

Cuegan's quest to understand
In Rosetta's castle suite
Given final answers we
Learn the homeland's looming fate
Take my hand - it's Time to fly

Cuegan's rescue, bold and grand
RUN back home on weary feet
Tell them all of rising Sea
How there's no choice but to flee
Take a trip with LaPetite
Great raftcastle - set us free!

Time has flown but still we Wait
Hush, there's no need for goodbye
Molpy down - though it grows late
Dreams of castles never die
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

cameroda

Postby cameroda » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:47 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Time Has Flown
Spoiler:

Contemplate a quiet tree

Given final answers we

Beautiful. Just beautiful Blitzgirl.

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:49 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I tried my hand at the epilogue rhyme scheme, though I broke it up differently (the two repeating EDCBA bits were my inspiration): EDCBA ECDA EDCBA EDCCDC BABA
With these stanza breaks, it also means the first three stanzas begin with an E rhyme and end with an A. This helped me clarify my poem further; it now mirrors the OTC plot.
So, here it is, my first original poem for the OTT. (Works pretty well when read aloud.)

Time Has Flown

Spoiler:

Contemplate a quiet tree

Given final answers we

Amazing work, BlitzGirl! :D I like your way of dividing it up better than mine, it feels more natural. I propose we make this the new standard.ni

nini ni ni ni chupacabra ping pong molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy grapevine grapevine.

I was Outside earlier, and the idea for this OTTification came to me. So here it is:

Newpix of Love
Based on Seasons of Love, from Rent.

We've waited nearly three thousand, one hundred newpix
We've waited over three thousand moments sublime
How do you measure, the passage of Time?

In Newpix? In Timeframes? In cupcakes, in posts from Blitzers?
In OTTers? In posts, Newpages or rhymes?
In the course of nearly three thousand, one hundred newpix
How do you measure these newpix of Time?

How about love?
How about love?
How about love?
Measure in love.

Newpix of love.
Newpix of love.

We've waited nearly three thousand times for an ONG;
Created newpixbot, so nothing would go wrong.

In truths that we learned
Or in hats that we've made.
In shippers who've yearned
Or our hopes through the Fade;

It's Time now to sing out,
Though the story never ends
Let's celebrate
Remember this Time in our Thread of friends!
Remember the love!
Remember the love!
Remember the love!
Measure in love.

Newpix of love!
Newpix of love!
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

Valarya

Re: Ketchup Part 2

Postby Valarya » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:50 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:

Haha! I clicked the first one not knowing what to expect and laughed quite a lot :mrgreen:

I'll be the first to admit, I didn't click on mscha's versions bc I was at work, but meant to listen later (makes me wonder how many people didn't click mine - karma...). So thanks for reposting yappo - cause I'd forgotten. And these made me smile quite largely. :D

Zorin_75 wrote:Combined with the youtube feature that's just EPIC!

Wait a second! How did you get the youtube link to start with any frame you wanted (and pick your speed, too)? It'd be great to see the molpy molpy molpy molpy song start when they're close to the grapevines! And I have so many other ideas starting at different frames.

@dawnfire: I continue to be thoroughly impressed by your steakish colorations!
@Kabuthunk: Welcome back, Elder. We Waited for It and you.
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:55 am UTC

Thanks, cameroda and taixzo! "Newpix of Love" is wowterful; Rent is one of my favorite musicals. :)

Kabuthunk wrote:So... how long will it take before another comic bests this one for most posts on the forum :P

An Old One! Welcome! I don't expect we will have much competition until Time's sequel is released. Then we might have a conundrum. :P
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

cameroda

Postby cameroda » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:00 am UTC

Also awefulsome!
I still cannot get over the incredible creativity the OTT has inspired. Must be something in the water. :mrgreen:

taixzo wrote:I was Outside earlier, and the idea for this OTTification came to me. So here it is:

Newpix of Love
Based on Seasons of Love, from Rent.

Spoiler:
We've waited over three thousand moments sublime
How do you measure, the passage of Time?

In Newpix? In Timeframes? In cupcakes, in posts from Blitzers?
In OTTers? In posts, Newpages or rhymes?
In the course of nearly three thousand, one hundred newpix
How do you measure these newpix of Time?

How about love?
How about love?
How about love?
Measure in love.

Newpix of love.
Newpix of love.

We've waited nearly three thousand times for an ONG;
Created newpixbot, so nothing would go wrong.

In truths that we learned
Or in hats that we've made.
In shippers who've yearned
Or our hopes through the Fade;

It's Time now to sing out,
Though the story never ends
Let's celebrate
Remember this Time in our Thread of friends!
Remember the love!
Remember the love!
Remember the love!
Measure in love.

Newpix of love!
Newpix of love!