1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

mscha

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mscha » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:38 pm UTC

MicroBlitz report, NP1314-NP1316

Again, lots of awe⁴some oldpix manips (colorizations are out of fashion, it seems) from charlie_grumbles, Whizbang, marchlight, ucim, jjjdavidson!
And ⁷ly OTTherComics: HES (but wasted precious blitzing minutes finding the original), HES again (and again), HES, HES (and again), Eternal Density (yes, you too, but this one I remembered)!
⁴erful ottifications from Hel-G (ryddig!), Eternal Density (⁷terful!), jeffallen55!
And a whole series of original ONGs⁴ by Latent22!! (I kinda spotted these already, though, as they're hosted on my server...)!
Plus a ⁷nderful poem using OTRS2 from BlitzGirl!

Thanks for the cupcake¹, Valarya! Image

CasCat's sister, I'll add it to the rainy day list. No promises though.

Thanks for the cheesecake, fireball; I helped myself to a piece. Tasty!

OMR, more Acts! Quite a ⁷terfallfloater, ucim!
And a new story, looks promising, AluisioASG!

That's all I have time for todix. As I mentioned, I won't be able to blitz tomorrix, but I should be back on Mondix.

Oh, just a final epilogue update:
    CDCBAECDAEDCBAEDCCDCBABA
    EDCBAECDAEDCBAEDCCDCBABA
    EDCBAECDAEDCBAEDCCDCBA
    DB
    DEBCEADECACDABDECDCDABAB
    DEBCEADECACDABDECDCDAB
    ED
    BADECBCBDCAECDBABABADCED
    BADECBCBDCAECDBABABADCED
    BADECBCBDCAECDBABABAD
This one is the most persistent 24-oldpix cycle yet...

ETA: page pope... Hmm, just don't leave the OTT, that's all.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:52 pm UTC

Angelastic wrote:I just added my recent OTTifications (assuming I remembered them all) to the wiki, and also added So Long and Thanks for all the Newpix, just because I found it while looking to see which ones mine were between. I hope I didn't mess anything up. I notice that the numbers increment automatically if you just put links without numbers (I guess this is just the usual unnamed-external-link numbering, but it works well as table numbering, just as long as nobody puts an unnamed link in the introductory paragraph), but I don't know how to do that from the graphical editor (is there a way to do it? I've just been inserting mine using the code editor because I didn't want to have to renumber everything manually, but I don't want to accidentally make it incompatible with the other editor), so some people had put in their own numbers, which messed up the count. So I removed those numbers, and now the count is at 202. I am sure there are some that haven't been added to the wiki yet. I liked it better when there were wiki fairies to mysteriously add these things. :D In fact, all the wiki editors deserve cake. Here you go:

Spoiler:

Yum, cake! Image

Thanks for fixing the numbering! Yes, you can insert unnamed links from the visual editor. Put your text cursor where you want the link to be and hit the "Add link" button in the menu. It will ask for the URL and "Text to display." Put in the URL. The page will automatically duplicate the URL in the "Text to display" box - you don't want that. Delete everything in the "Text to display" box. Click OK. Voila - unnamed link!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:55 pm UTC

Happy 600 posts, HES! And a new OTThercomic4! :)
Spoiler:

Good work on the Beanidentification3, BlitzGirl!
I loved your ottification7, mikro2nd!
dawnfire's on fire; a new OTColourification4 and a funny OTCmanip.
Finally, another treeish OTColourification by DrSamCarter.
Thank you xuys!

I'd love to contribute more myself, but I'm a bit short on Time at the moment.
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

Whizbang
The Best Reporter

Postby Whizbang » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:19 pm UTC

Redundant Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Regrettable.png

Redundant Marvin.png

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Re: Our Way

Postby jjjdavidson » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:36 pm UTC

There's no way for me to compliment everyone's terrific work over the last couple of days ─ the density of OTT fabulousness has increased now that we don't have newpix to discuss ─ but I just had to make a special note about mikro2nd's timeody "Our Way".
mikro2nd wrote:I offer a song, along the lines, and to the tune of My Way by Frank Sinatra:

Our Way

And now The End has come
And so we face the final newpix
Others, they'll say it's done
To which I'll say there's still a few trickses

[snippety]

I've ONGed, I've laughed and cried
Obeyed decrees, and I've been ninja'd
The threats of comfy chair
And speak of steaks, badly singéd

It tickled me that some lingering glamour from the Madness mustarded the rhyme of the first verse (curiously, it appeared as trickses on my first viewing, turned to tricks when I came back later, but was trickses again when I quoted it).

And I'm very M7'd that mikro found a decent rhyme for ninja'd; I flubbed that one myself, earlier.

mscha wrote:Again, lots of awe⁴some oldpix manips (colorizations are out of fashion, it seems)...
ETA: page pope... Hmm, just don't leave the OTT, that's all.

Otticolorings aren't out of fashion with me, anyway; I simply lack the technical skill (or tools) to create them. Manips I can do, barely. I have one idea I'll try, but I'm currently waiting on usable results from a Very Slow Color Generator.

By the way, the OTColored wiki page is still chirped for me. As it stands, not only do I see only blank boxes for everything past the first three images, but also none of the drop-down menus on the page work: not the EDIT button (no History), not the CONTRIBUTE button, and none of the buttons on the top header bar. I tried copying the entire code into my profile page, and I see the same results there. But if I take a subset of the images in the table, the page works fine. I tried the first nine images, the second nine, and so on throughout the table, and I could always get the page to work.

I think the wiki may be serving mustard code (at least from FF's point of view) when the image table gets above a certain size. If I have time this evening, I'm going to try breaking the table into eras of Time (which will make it easier to edit anyway), and see if several riverish tables will display bigger than one seaish one.

azule
Saved

Blind-Post NP1200

Postby azule » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:46 pm UTC

I made it another 10 pages. NP1200. *shrug* Still more than a hundred pages away from the Present. (I wonder if anyone will be there when I arrive.)

np(m)3011: The fall of Cueball (again). At first I was scurred, but someone pointed out his knees. He's fine. *phew* This is a worrisome pic anyways, though. Still not sure what will be happening (ending or not).

It is nice seeing so many newbies (apart from some major redundancy). Even old hat newbies (2000+ post users that seem new to here). It's a bit sad how many blitzers there are now. I wonder if any have "blitzed" to the Present based on any of these "end is nigh" clues.

@42 guests - Neat salt/sand mixture demonstration!
@thegreger - Nice manip. So cheery, yet I did not throw up. Would buy again.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:53 pm UTC

Treeish manip, Whizbang! :)

jjjdavidson wrote:By the way, the OTColored wiki page is still chirped for me. As it stands, not only do I see only blank boxes for everything past the first three images, but also none of the drop-down menus on the page work: not the EDIT button (no History), not the CONTRIBUTE button, and none of the buttons on the top header bar. I tried copying the entire code into my profile page, and I see the same results there. But if I take a subset of the images in the table, the page works fine. I tried the first nine images, the second nine, and so on throughout the table, and I could always get the page to work.

I think the wiki may be serving mustard code (at least from FF's point of view) when the image table gets above a certain size. If I have time this evening, I'm going to try breaking the table into eras of Time (which will make it easier to edit anyway), and see if several riverish tables will display bigger than one seaish one.

Ah, so that's what you were doing! I did a quick split into the three large Eons, but the tables might still be too seaish for your browser. The page seems to function just as well with the table splits, so I think that doing further splitting into Eras is certainly feasible if that's the only way to get it to display properly. How does the OTTercomics page look in comparison? Most of the images there are thumbnails rather than full-size.
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:56 pm UTC

mscha wrote:And ⁷ly OTTherComics: HES (but wasted precious blitzing minutes finding the original), HES again (and again), HES, HES (and again)

My bad, I'll add links to the originals (or the wiki for the mash-ups).

Still sad hearing from azule, who is getting ever closer to "the moment"...

(ETA thanks for the work you've been doing on the OTTercomics page, Blitzgirl)
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:23 am UTC

No problem, HES! I had to get all of the OTTercomics I had up there, anyway (most of them made before we called them OTTercomics). :wink: Speaking of, here's #3:

Redundant:
Spoiler:

OTTercomic3.png

OTTercomic3lg.jpg

Keywords: OTTercomic OTTercomics OTThercomic OtherComic xkcd ottification comic island three BGUM
redundant81.png
redundant81.png (139.18 KiB) Viewed 17844 times
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:42 am UTC

HES made a comment about a "terrifying short ketchup." Things may have slowed down, but it's taken me an awfully long time to ketchup from yesterdip afternoon (don't know what a non-heretical version of that would be). The post rate may not be quite as crazy as it has been in the past, but make no mistake, it's still going at a good clip. I just had that thing again of when I think, "OK, I'm on the last page of my ketchup!", only to find out another page has been added! (There should be a word for that feeling.) And this on a wipend, after, you know..

I was having some weirdness with my browser and I didn't have post buttons for a while, so I didn't do quotes. Should make my ketchup a little less seaish, anyway. It did come back, so there are some quotes below.

Angelastic, I liked your ottification, though I don't know Johnny Saucep'n and can't seem to listen to it at the moment.

Welcome back, Trollypup! There's some consolation ice cream around here someplace...

BlitzGirls, I liked your treebuckets, no matter what yappo says. :P (I'm still a little bummed with yappo since he said my singing was "not bad at all," which, particularly since I was pretty insecure about posting the recording, I took to mean, "well, it doesn't suck.")(I mean, that may have been what he thought, but he could have said it differently.)(No, I'm not at all over-sensitive, why do you ask?) :|

intheshax, your post about the OTC/OTT was 7, 4, and may other wonderful adjectives we don't have footnotes for. You summed up so well many of the things I have thought about the thread, and why T** **D was so painful. Thank you for sharing that wowterful post.

dawnfire, nice colorizations!

Ace, I loved your account of the reactions of other to your talking about the OTC. I ad much the same experience. I since I kept messing up that one page in Les Mis and forgetting which drum was tuned to which note, I now have "ACE" written 3 times on that page. :D

Oh, peeweeRotA(sp), welcome back!

Taixzo, yeah, if someone had predicted that prediction, it would have immediately stirred up many posts pointing out why that couldn't possibly be true!

BlitzGirl, "Cuegan's FLight" is wowterful. So, these poems are written so that they meter matches the new epilogue sequence? Neat!
And mscha, thanks for tracking the epilogue sequence. We miss you too!

Happy 800, yappo! I see you have your own crossing signs! :D

DrSamCarter, your manips were beautiful!

k.bookbinder, have a nice trip.

I see VoronX mentions hospital trips. I hope eveything is OK. :(

BlitzGirl wrote:*stops for a moment to appreciate the situational irony of the last post*

For decree: Friendly Beanie-1 Amtoo settles down with Beanette and they make dozens of Beanie Babies.

(Hm, just realized this quote doesn't show what you're referring to. Her post was here. It is a nice irony, isn't it?

And beanies babies--that is awfulsome. :D And this made me laugh:
BlitzGirl wrote:Beanies are very adept at sewing children's toys collectors' items

yappobiscuits wrote:For decree, continued: The Chirpy Barbershop Quartet, despite being a huge hit in the molpy world, never manage to make it with humans, since to them, their songs contain nothing but expletives. However, being clever chirpies, they decided to use this to their advantage and start performing comedy songs, and became a well-loved comedy a cappella troupe, singing songs such as this.

DaVinci's Notebook! I think I saw them perform once...

tresoldi wrote:<snip>(and I know these could be cases of homonymy, but I hope Randall wasn't so mean with his language-crackers...)

Mmm, language-crackers sound good. Where do you get them? :)
Seriously, thank you for all the work you're doing with Beanish!

mikro2nd, I loved your "My Way" ottification. Bravo! I especially liked rhyming ninja'd and singed.

Happy 600, HES! Awesomeful manip!

smolloy wrote:P139: A wonderful example of the full power of the madness, and an explanation for mscha's response to it!
Spoiler:
Envelope Generator wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:I shall explain: Each frame of Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! be 1 Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! Frame. It be a static moment in Things that are on my side for 600, Alex!. The Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! between two Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! Frames be measured as 1 Newpix (NP). One tin be-did, "I stepped away for 1/2 a NP and suddenly we have a religion?" and mean that they be-did go-done for approximately half the Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! it woll-did take to transition from 1 Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! Frame to a new Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! Frame, which woll-did be 1 NP. However, if the Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! Frame changes, regardless of how much Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! has passed in the Outside world (outside of Things that are on my side for 600, Alex!), then it be still 1NP. There be no exact direct correlation between the passage of Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! (or Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! in Things that are on my side for 600, Alex!) and standard measurements of Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! in the Outside world.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

:shock: I remember I started lurking right before the Madness hit. I had no idea what was happening. I was soooo confuuuuused...One of my first posts was asking what was going on, but because of the Madness, I don't think anyone could even understand what I was trying to say!

The IDs of the Beanies and the 40 are wonderful, thank you pelrigg and BlitzGirl! I'm hoping to find some Time to sit down and look at those more thoroughly and also at that map, which has had some treeish analysis as well.

OK, now that I've ketched up, time to go away again. My meowlpy will be very annoyed with me if I don't get her outside for her walk. I've been here in the OTT for over two newpix/nopix/oldpix/repix/TimeFrames! :shock:

Oh, and I know there were probably wonderful things I missed, but as others have mentioned, it's so hard to keep up. And to think people thought the OTT was over just 'cause, ya know...

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:46 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:No problem, HES! I had to get all of the OTTercomics I had up there, anyway (most of them made before we called them OTTercomics). :wink: Speaking of, here's #3:

Redundant:
Spoiler:

OTTercomic3.png

OTTercomic3lg.jpg

Keywords: OTTercomic OTTercomics OTThercomic OtherComic xkcd ottification comic island three BGUM
redundant81.png

4 :-) I probably would have put a couple of beanies on there saying "I told you we should have stayed with the others, but noooooo...."

Did anyone do 2 yet? I can't be bothered, but I feel it would be cool if the sketch was just redrawn using baobabs.
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:49 am UTC

Oh, I also wanted to say thanks to Aluisio for his (I think?) work on the TImeWaiters map. I was able to put myself on the map, and the watercolor tile is very pretty. I think I read that the ability to see where others are is forthcoming. That would be great!

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

HES

Postby HES » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:54 am UTC

Kieryn wrote:Did anyone do 2 yet? I can't be bothered, but I feel it would be cool if the sketch was just redrawn using baobabs.

That is well beyond my ms paint capabilities...

lmjb1964 wrote:HES made a comment about a "terrifying short ketchup." Things may have slowed down, but it's taken me an awfully long time to ketchup from yesterdip afternoon (don't know what a non-heretical version of that would be). The post rate may not be quite as crazy as it has been in the past, but make no mistake, it's still going at a good clip.

Yeah, things are still going strong. I think it had more to do with my completely chirped up sleeping pattern and I happened to coma during a lull.
He/Him/His Image

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:55 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:BlitzGirls, I liked your treebuckets, no matter what yappo says. :P (I'm still a little bummed with yappo since he said my singing was "not bad at all," which, particularly since I was pretty insecure about posting the recording, I took to mean, "well, it doesn't suck.")(I mean, that may have been what he thought, but he could have said it differently.)(No, I'm not at all over-sensitive, why do you ask?) :|

Well, you should know that in some parts of the US, at leastMaine, and I expect many other places, if you have just eaten the best piece of pie you have ever tasted, the correct response to "How was it?" is "Not too bad. Not too bad."

I take "Not bad at all" as a simple variation on that response. So you are right up there with the best pie ever baked. Better?
Lurking. Watching. Thinking. Writing. Waiting.
-- Charlie Grumbles

StormAngel

Postby StormAngel » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:57 am UTC

On NP 1010
wizpretz wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:I'm currently a little distracted trying to read /Fridge/Primer on TVTropes. Willingly.

That page must be endless. I would check myself, but I don't want to be sucked into the black hole that is TVTropes.
But it's so tempting. I must go.

I'm finally back. It's not as long as I expected, but that's probably because it's not very well-known.
pelrigg wrote:I saw the othercomic Movie Chart on explain a few days ago and was following links about Primer. I think I need to find that flick. (If GLR likes it...)

I love Primer, although it's horribly confusing (as you can tell from the chart). I've watched it three times and read a lot of people's thoughts on it and I still don't think I understand it completely.

I totally agree, I watched it for the first time last night (thanks Eternal Density) and my mind is still "Treeish! wait, uhh... what just happened?"
It probably didn't help that I didn't know what we were watching beforehand :)
Oelpr Jnhar, Knight of the Chronological Order, Protector of Othamburg
"HELLO. MY NAME IS STORMANGEL. YOU OTCOLORED MY NOPICES. PREPARE TO GO CAVE."
yappobiscuits wrote:"I wanna be redundant too! Lemme be redundant! C'monnn!"

My OTTifications on Imgur
Spoiler:
Ch*rp

jjjdavidson

Postby jjjdavidson » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:08 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Treeish manip, Whizbang! :)

jjjdavidson wrote:
Spoiler:
By the way, the OTColored wiki page is still chirped for me. As it stands, not only do I see only blank boxes for everything past the first three images, but also none of the drop-down menus on the page work: not the EDIT button (no History), not the CONTRIBUTE button, and none of the buttons on the top header bar. I tried copying the entire code into my profile page, and I see the same results there. But if I take a subset of the images in the table, the page works fine. I tried the first nine images, the second nine, and so on throughout the table, and I could always get the page to work.

Ah, so that's what you were doing! I did a quick split into the three large Eons, but the tables might still be too seaish for your browser. The page seems to function just as well with the table splits, so I think that doing further splitting into Eras is certainly feasible if that's the only way to get it to display properly. How does the OTTercomics page look in comparison? Most of the images there are thumbnails rather than full-size.

Even as you've divided the page (thanks!) I still don't see more than the first 3 images in the first table. Looking at the HTML, Firefox doesn't load any image with class="lzy lzyPlcHld" (which is everything after the first 3 images).

Apparently that page won't work with any table of 20 rows or more. I had to divide the Journey eon into three parts (15/15/10) before FF would display it properly. It appears, unfortunately, to be a Firefox problem; I can't find any significant difference in the code between a page that displays properly and a page that doesn't.

The OTTercomics page doesn't have this problem, nor does the Buffyhats page (which has a table of about 80 rows and doesn't use thumbnails). Whachirp?
Last edited by jjjdavidson on Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:31 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

Whizbang
The Best Reporter

Postby Whizbang » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:09 am UTC

From http://xkcd.com/861/

Redundant Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Drugs.png

ETA link to original comic
Last edited by Whizbang on Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:27 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:19 am UTC

Huh, that's ε, jjjdavidson. I don't know that much about it, I'm afraid. Can any other OTTers help?
Treeish OTTercomic, Whizbang! Image

charlie_grumbles wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:BlitzGirls, I liked your treebuckets, no matter what yappo says. :P (I'm still a little bummed with yappo since he said my singing was "not bad at all," which, particularly since I was pretty insecure about posting the recording, I took to mean, "well, it doesn't suck.")(I mean, that may have been what he thought, but he could have said it differently.)(No, I'm not at all over-sensitive, why do you ask?) :|

Well, you should know that in some parts of the US, at leastMaine, and I expect many other places, if you have just eaten the best piece of pie you have ever tasted, the correct response to "How was it?" is "Not too bad. Not too bad."

I take "Not bad at all" as a simple variation on that response. So you are right up there with the best pie ever baked. Better?

*puts yappo in bucket anyway*
(He won't mind, he's off doing a gig todip.)
Spoiler:

lmjb1964 wrote:BlitzGirl, "Cuegan's FLight" is wowterful. So, these poems are written so that they meter matches the new epilogue sequence? Neat!

Thanks! The poems actually use the epilogue sequence for the rhyme scheme, and can be whatever meter I feel like. :D
For example, here's a simple rhyme scheme of ABAB, where the As indicate a rhyme with "all" and the Bs rhyme with "eat":

Molpies are small (A)
Wowtrees are neat (B)
They grow so tall (A)
I can't compete (B)

In the epilogue rhyme scheme, there are five letters, so five different rhymes. If you take a 24-nopix cycle, you end up with a 24-line poem, using these five rhymes in the order they are given.
A 7-line example scheme, ABCDBEA:

Wowtrees are tall (A)
Wowtrees are neat (B)
Watch them grow (C)
Watch them bend (D)
I can't compete (B)
I stare and stare (E)
And feel so small (A)
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

marchlight

Postby marchlight » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:25 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:*puts yappo in bucket anyway*
(He won't mind, he's off doing a gig todip.)
Spoiler:

Looks like yappo put on a few pounds. Maybe lay off all the fast food at the gig.

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:28 am UTC

@Whizbang, BlitzGirl: More OTThercomics4!

Comatime, so molpydown .
Last edited by ZoomanSP on Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:19 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

HES

Postby HES » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:13 am UTC

Spoiler:

Last edited by HES on Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:46 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
He/Him/His Image

trolleypup

Postby trolleypup » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:37 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Welcome back, Trolleypup! There's some consolation ice cream around here someplace...

I've had my consolation...I'm a half block from a place that makes good mojitos and nutella stuffed platha with icecream and bananas...and I've been browsing the offerings here! *nomnom*

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:46 am UTC

HES wrote:SUDO MAKE ME AN OTTHERCOMIC

Okay.

Cueball! How could you?! (Don't worry, this is a work of pure fiction - there's no such thing as Cuesetta. Cuegan forever! Image )

Redundant:
Spoiler:

OTTercomic71.png

Keywords: BGUM OTTercomic OTThercomic OtherComic xkcd trees lost finally Cueball traitor translator chick Rosetta Hairdo Cuesetta
redundant83.png
redundant83.png (43.83 KiB) Viewed 17611 times
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:50 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:

Okay.
I should probably point out that my spoiler isn't redundant...
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:53 am UTC

HES wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:

Okay.

I should probably point out that my spoiler isn't redundant...

You don't have to - I open all OTT spoilers! But I thought it was kind of silly for you to only sudo yourself. :wink:
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

marchlight

Postby marchlight » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:54 am UTC

trolleypup wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:Welcome back, Trolleypup! There's some consolation ice cream around here someplace...

I've had my consolation...I'm a half block from a place that makes good mojitos and nutella stuffed platha with icecream and bananas...and I've been browsing the offerings here! *nomnom*

Google is failing me. Is platha like a crepe? That sounds amazing. There's a great family-run French place a block from me, but they only do crepes once a year during hats off day1. Now I really really want one :(

1local community event that nobody outside of north Burnaby/Vancouver sunrise area cares about

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:00 am UTC

marchlight wrote:...but they only do crepes once a year during hats off day1.

A day without hats?

What kind of heresy is this?!
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

marchlight

Postby marchlight » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:11 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:

A day without hats?

Ironically it tends to involve many bizarre and creative hats. I was totally thinking of buffygirl and all you guys at this year's event while I gorged myself on nutella crepes. DON'T JUDGE ME.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:19 am UTC

Oh, well, bizarre and creative hats is good, then! Image
Hey, this OTTercomic-ifying is as delicious and addicting as a nutella crepe! Help me!

Redundant:
Spoiler:

OTTercomic87.png

Keywords: BGUM OTTercomic OTThercomic OtherComic xkcd comic raptorcat attack weaknesses wip Time ended house meowlpy
redundant84.png
redundant84.png (87.61 KiB) Viewed 17539 times
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ucim

Postby ucim » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:23 am UTC

Somebody mentioned how the post-Voldeframe sequence would sound like as a tune... that gave me an idea (which is usually a terrible thing). What if I interpreted the A-E sequence as the harmony? Originally I had them all be major chords, but decided that throwing in minor chords would not be heresy, and would lead to a better melody.

It's kind of a backwards way to write, and since the harmony is fairly stochastic it was a bit of a challenge to come up with a melody that worked and at least seemed to lead to the harmonies that were pre-defined. It's not the best tune I've ever written, but I hope it's not totally mustard!

I've been having trouble with Rosegarden (actually, I think it's the jack server that's mustarded up; audio on linux is complex and there's not much of a clue out there as to how to put it all together). There's more I want to do with it, but you'll have to follow the First Commandment until I can make this chirpin' computer molpy up. The attached mp3 is just whatever I could get my sound card to cough up, and it's transposed down about a fifth.

EndOfTime.mp3
Harmonies derived from the sequence of post-Volemort frames of Time. Melody and words to fit.
(876.32 KiB) Downloaded 533 times

words:
Spoiler:
lilypad format:
[measurenumber] syl- la- bles se- pa- ra- ted by spa- ces /
[nextmeasurenumber] one per note /

[1] Keep our Cue- gan /
[2] safe where we left them /
[3] step- ping on the /
[4] shore. The /
[5] sea is- n't kind, it /
[6] does what it wants. It /
[7] may rise a- gain once /
[8] more. We /
[9] pray that the raft won't /
[10] float a- way. We /
[11] pray that they reach high /
[12] ground, a- bove the /
[13] fi- nal shore's ex- /
[14] panse. We /
[15] pray asc- /
[16] en- ding seas do /
[17] not re- claim our /
[18] Meg and Cue's new /
[19] home. /
[20] All of this we /
[21] pray: /
[22] Be it safe to /
[23] stay. /
[24] Squir- pies and chir- pies /
[25] fill the trees with /
[26] joy in the pro- mised /
[27] land. We be- /
[28] seech Thee the /
[29] For- ty have /
[30] made it to main- land and /
[31] not to an /
[32] is- land and /
[33] trapped in ri- sing /
[34] wa- ter if the /
[35] sea is not quite /
[36] done ri- sing /
[37] up. /
[38] Lead them. /
[39] Lead them. /
[40] We be-seech Thee . /
[41] now, at the /
[42] end of /
[43] Time. /
[44] Hum- bly Thee we /
[45] pray: /
[46] Let them be o- /
[47] kay. A- men /
[48] A- . /
[49] men.
Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

HES

Postby HES » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:29 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Hey, this OTTercomic-ifying is as delicious and addicting as a nutella crepe! Help me!

I've been hitting "random" until I find one I can do easily in paint
He/Him/His Image

jjjdavidson

Postby jjjdavidson » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:45 am UTC

UPDATED GRAPH! I'm finally getting around to the "End of Time" (128-day) editions of my graphs. First up is an update to the "Activity by User" graph, comparing the posting activity of the top 101 users. (It might take a few moments to load; the SVG file has grown seaish. PNG version for the IE8-handicapped.)

The latest version has two changes: First, the effect of the "regularity" score on the rankings has been reduced; Waiters with a low regularity will not be pushed as far down the graph. Second, a broken line representing the user's actual post history now appears down the middle of each user's bar. (You can't actually see all 2342 of mscha's posts, but you can see the pattern of them.)

As always, don't take my graphs too seriously! They're for fun, not for serious analysis. In particular, don't take your regularity score as a criticism; Waiters are allowed to have an Outside life. Aren't we? Nobody really expected BlitzGirl to skip that wedding just to keep her post rate up, did they? Did they?

Coming soon: Updates to "Percentage of Forum Activity" and "OTC vs. OTT Activity". Sometime after that: Updates to individual user "Time of Day" graphs. If there're any other Waiters who don't mind if I create individual charts for them, leave a note here or drop me a PM and I'll add you to the upcoming set.

BlitzGirl wrote:

A day without hats?

We must spend one day each year without hats, lest we forget what a privilege it is to have them.
Don't wait for me.
He won! He won! He won!

airdrik

Postby airdrik » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:46 am UTC

Another Ottification, this one comes to you with all due respect to the Kooks and their recent hit "She Moves In Her Own Way"

"Time Moves In Its Own Way"
Spoiler:
So at our spot on Monday
I was hoping someday
We'd be on our way to neater things
It's not about our make-up
Or how we try to shape up
To these wowsome bo'bab trees
Bo'bab trees, molpy

So now we pour our heart out
They're telling us we're far out
From the cares of life and outside things
But they don't pull our strings
'Cos it's a better thread
Moving on to better things

Well uh oh, oh I love here because time moves in its own way
Well uh oh, oh it came by my life just to chirp about my day

And at our spot on Tuesday
Got us in our their mindset
Tangled words and colored pics
Looks are deceiving
Make me believe it
And these wowsome bo'bab trees
Bo'bab trees, molpy
Yeah

So won't you join us
Just for the bonus
Leaving cares of life and outside things
And they don't pull our strings
'Cos it's a better thread
Moving on to better things

Well uh oh, oh I love here because time moves in its own way
Well uh oh, oh it came by my life just to chirp about my day

yes we wish that we never made it
Through the voldemort
But we keep up instead of
holding us back
Down through the rivers
yes we wish that we never made it
Through the voldemort
But we keep up instead of
holding us back
Down through the rivers

But uh oh, I love here because time moves in its own way
But uh oh, it came by my life just to chirp about my day
But uh oh, oh I love here because time moves in its own way
But uh oh, oh it came by my life just to chirp about my day

jjjdavidson

Postby jjjdavidson » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:07 am UTC

You know, Google still doesn't return any results for redundakitty that don't point to the OTT or the wiki. Doesn't the rest of the world pay any attention to us?

A couple of nopix past coma time and here I am. Coma well, fellow OTTers! "They also serve who OTTify and Wait." Good night, Mrs. MobTeeseboose, wherever you are! Molpy down...
Don't wait for me.
He won! He won! He won!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:19 am UTC

Whoa, that is so awefulsome, Jose! I like listening to it. :)
And thanks for the graph update, jjjdavidson - yay graphs!
Treeish ottification, airdrik!

Okay, last OTTercomic for a while, I promise...

Redundant:
Spoiler:

OTTercomic96.png

Keywords: BGUM OTTercomic OTThercomic OtherComic xkcd comic ottified package time you didn't wait broke individual frames
redundant85.png
redundant85.png (178.6 KiB) Viewed 17422 times
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

trolleypup

Postby trolleypup » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:35 am UTC

marchlight wrote:
trolleypup wrote:

Google is failing me. Is platha like a crepe? That sounds amazing. There's a great family-run French place a block from me, but they only do crepes once a year during hats off day1. Now I really really want one :(

1local community event that nobody outside of north Burnaby/Vancouver sunrise area cares about

Fried flatbread. Heh. The google search's 2nd entry is the sister restaurant of the place I go to (they are 2 blocks further away). The crepe place (sweet, savory, ice cream) is another block further away.

If we end up having a rompraft in SF, come one down and we can descend on B-Star for platha (stuffed and otherwise)! Or...umm

raftromp of OTTers

ummOh, hell! I'm a pusher, any of you fine folks come to SF, I'd be happy to guide you to fine food!

ETA: off to b* for platha and a mojito! I blame YOU!
Last edited by trolleypup on Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:36 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

HES

Postby HES » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:35 am UTC

You know those times when you write something, stare at it for a while, and then give up on the whole thing and delete it?

This is one of those.

Thanks for the graphs, jjj. Firefox can barely handle it though - seaish.
He/Him/His Image

jeffallen55

Postby jeffallen55 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:37 am UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:UPDATED GRAPH!

Beyond awefulsome, beyond wowterful, beyond seasish.
I never manage to get here until after midnight UTC, and I don't finish my ketchup until people in the south of France are having their déjeuner sur l'herbe. And I have this strange aversion to posting responses to posts from the past. But I'm not going anywhere. I'm actually working on something that I'm really excited about, but it's taking me a lot longer than I'd expected it to. It may be another week or so before I've got it done, which is too bad, but I'm having fun with it. So I got that going for me.

I have to say though lmjb1964, you nearly had me in tears. Like for so many other people, On My Own hits really close to home for me. You did an amazing job both with the OTTification and the incredible performance.

Goggalor

Postby Goggalor » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:48 am UTC

Birthday blindpost:
I'm just stopping by to say that I have not forgotten about everybody. It's been a busy weekend thanks to my brother and his wedding stuff going on and the fact that today is my birthday!

I'll be sure to ketchup soon! I hope the future hasn't taken a turn for the dystopic while I was gone.
Keeper Of The Bags, Protector Of Puns
A Timewaiter from the very beginning to the bitter end.1
1but not from beginning to end to beginning since I'm not a loopist

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:56 am UTC

Happy birthdip, Goggalor! Image

Cake!
Spoiler: