1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:45 am UTC

I saw it after I posted, and was just waiting for someone else to say something so I didn't post. That was a 2-for-1 OTThercomic. Treeish! :D

BlitzGirl, thanks for the cake. It's perfect!

And Angelastic, thanks for getting "It's a Small Sea" stuck in my head before I have to coma. I'll probably have nightmares now. Seriously, that was great, especially the part about Gibralt-arr.

OK, I really really really am going to coma now!

ETA: Hey, I'm pope! I can use this OTTification that I wrote more than a mip ago. I had it all ready to go the next time I was pope, but it didn't happen till now. It's of a song my sister and I used to love to make fun of when we were young because it was so hokey. (I mean, just listen to those strings!) It's "Free Again" by Jack Jones. It's probably more fun if you know what the song sounds like, although I didn't do the whole song.
Spoiler:
Pope again!
Can it be, it's me, Pope again!
Time to think of something new
I can ask you all to do
Make a papal de-cree, a de-cree...

"In my pants?"
That's been done; no, not a chance.
Or I could ask you all to dance
But I won't know if you do
Because I can not see you.

Pope again!
Heeheehee, it's me, Pope again!
Time to have you sing a song,
Post a pic or post a rONG
Time to make a de-cree, a de-creeee

(Key change)

Pope again!
Can't you see, it's me, Pope again!
Time to think of something new
I can ask you all to do
Make a papal de-cree, a de-cree...

And the decree I came up with at the time was: Try to work the title of a book into the text of your post. Now I don't know if it will be that interesting. Well, try it, or not. :)
Last edited by lmjb1964 on Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:04 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:46 am UTC

You're welcome, lmjb!
Oh hey, a sneaky OTTercomic! I don't know how helpful Cue-man would be, I'd much rather have Meg-girl around. :wink:

Angelastic wrote:It's a sea of dregs, bounded by Gibralt-
arrrr, so much that's untold...

Image Bravo! And ninja'd, sort of!

lmjb1964 wrote:I wonder who wrote that wiki article? I can see someone writing it without the OTT lingo to make it accessible to Outsiders, but it still seems to have some weird (I never did know what the footnote for that was) details that make it seem unlikely it was written by an OTTer.

I agree, it seemed very Outside-ish to me. And I don't remember what the regular-number footnote for weird is, but the weird footnote for weird is ε.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

the_Dex

Postby the_Dex » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:44 am UTC

embracethehate wrote:
bouer wrote:
Helper wrote:
bouer wrote:I actually have no idea why I've spent most of the last 190 newpix either looking at a virtual sandcastle or discussing it.

The unexamined life is not worth living, indeed, eh? :lol:

I don't have time to examine every aspect of my life right now. Sandcastle!

I think I'm just going to use "sandcastle" as my excuse to avoid doing things until this is over.
"hey, can you-"
"Sorry, can't. Sandcastle."

This is excellent. And it's tone sounds just like GLR dialogue.

Maybe if had adopted this I wouldn't have posted my first negative gains on the NP this morning. I shall use the mantra of the sandcastle to ward off the distractions of the Outside.

Om mani padmi sandcasssttllllllle....
embracethehate wrote:"hey, can you-"
"Sorry, can't. Sandcastle."

Eternal Density

Or OTTify the Australian national anthem

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:57 am UTC

I'll have to make a meg-girl version next. I saved the blank :D but tomorrip because I don't have it available right now.

Perhaps I should write an original poem and record myself reading it. It's more likely to work than singing.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:06 am UTC

Awesomeful avatar, the_Dex! :D Blitzing does seem like a Sisyphean task, some xips!

Wiki note: On the OTTercomics page, you can now add your own title-text to your ottification!

This is easiest to do in source mode after you have already added your picture. You should see a module that looks like:
[[File:ItsNotPretty.png|thumb|left|400px]]
(Depending on the size of your image, the "400px" might not be there. That's just a resizing option if your OTTercomic's original size is wider than the column width.)

Delete the "thumb" part if it's still there. If the "thumb" is present, your caption will appear below the image instead of as hovertext.
[[File:ItsNotPretty.png|left|400px]]

Add a vertical bar on the far right of the module and follow that with your title-text caption. Make sure the two square brackets are still at the end:
[[File:ItsNotPretty.png|left|400px|Actually, it seems to be inspiring them to OTTify everything in sight, which is treeish.]]

Voila! Your very own title-text caption!
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:16 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mikro2nd

Postby mikro2nd » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:16 am UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:I heard about a guy that did something like that. In his dreams he had figured out how to solve all of the world's problems: World peace, hunger, race relations, the economy, everything. But he'd forget the dreams when he woke up. Very frustrating.

So, to try to not forget these wonderful solutions, he put a pen and paper by his bedside with the idea that he would force himself awake and capture the key idea immediately.

For quite a while I did the same thing - kept notebook and pencil next to my bed and recorded my dreams. So as not to wake my wife I'd write this stuff in the dark, and somehow it always came out as
Spoiler:
dreamtext.png
dreamtext.png (3 KiB) Viewed 15800 times
One world, one soul
Time pass, the river rolls

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:37 am UTC

Last OTTercomic before I molpy down...

Title text: Or maybe a glimpse at a future newpix...

Redundant:

Spoiler:

OTTercomic431.png
OTTercomic431.png (33.19 KiB) Viewed 15768 times

Keywords: BGUM OTTercomic OTThercomic OtherComic xkcd just mustard all along delivery darndest thing
redundant106.png
redundant106.png (120.22 KiB) Viewed 15768 times
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

svenman

Postby svenman » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:40 am UTC

mikro2nd wrote:For quite a while I did the same thing - kept notebook and pencil next to my bed and recorded my dreams. So as not to wake my wife I'd write this stuff in the dark, and somehow it always came out as
Spoiler:
dreamtext.png

Now that is a sign of dedication to the OTC - dreaming in Beanish!
Apart from Forum Games, mostly active on the One True Thread.
If you need help understanding what's going on there, the xkcd Time Wiki may be useful.

Addams thanks all of us who helped. Her life is much better now.

Randallspeed to all blitzers on the One True Thread!

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:46 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
Kieryn wrote:Disagreement, and evidence against and such thoughts about possible new interpretations revelations heresy heresy spoiler new filk attack of the molpy shirt dangerous new version of time in 3d with sound filmed on widescreen live mysterious grey mustard only seen NEED HELP downloading did you see the javascript molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy grapevine A SNAKE! TWO SNAKES - did you see the ONG? OMR Randall Randall new othercomics OTTified the lord of the rings MUST SEE did you post the BlitzGirl feud did not see why molpy RAPTORCAT ATTACKS HAIRDO Time 2 just released at one frame per second molpypixbot mchsa's site is down but working now not true just made it up as I go molpy molpy molpy NEWDATA! another falsity and ...
Spoiler:
molpy down.

So sad to see someone driven insane right before your eyes. :( Must have been all those hours spent wrangling OTT data.

Oh... don't worry ... it wasn't real insanity, just ironic insanity ... Image
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:59 am UTC

Wonder if you can use the url tag on the forum to make a sort of proxy of an alt text on here.

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:14 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
wizpretz wrote:Has anyone else noticed that Time now has its own Wikipedia page? I haven't seen it pointed out yet. It was created on the fifth by someone named Deadbeef. Is that anyone from here? I was just about to molpy down when I saw that and had to come on here. I hope I haven't been ninja'd.

I think you're the first OTTer to notice this.

Something is horribly, horribly wrong with that article. :wink:
What is this "male" and "female" it speaks of?
The Beanies are alternatively "natives" and "locals." The Forty are "townspeople" despite not having a town.
The article-writer didn't seem to realize that there is an epilogue sequence rather than a single static frame.
Lucky as a cougar? Cougars are a Western Hemisphere meowlpy, for Randall's sake.
Prickly as a porcupine? No, no, no!
The OTT and the wiki are mentioned, but do not get reference links, unfortunately.

*shudders* I do not like this Outside wiki... Image

Yes we do! There is a link in the External Links section for our wiki, and one for mscha's site as well :D I thought it was very well done, and appropriate, for a Wikipedia article. Very neutral and unbiased.

Angelastic wrote:
taixzo wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:That's the one! Image Witness the noble Cueball in his natural habitat (which is now under a seaish amount of water, alas).

I feel like describing a sea as 'seaish' is replete with redundancy. Or redundant-sea.

Ah, but you se[e/a], their original sea was a small sea after all. Here, have a hurried ottification of 'It's a Small World After All' by someone who can not currently listen to it and can't remember the tune for anything except the repeated bit, so probably put in some weird stress patterns:
Spoiler:
It's a small sea after all
It's a small, small sea

It's a sea that's shrunken, a sea of salt
It's a sea of dregs, bounded by Gibralt-
arrrr, so much that's untold,
but we think big by default

It's a small, small sea

They're in a basin that's filling in,
And to fill means flood like the Zanclean.
Till the mountains are isles,
and the plains up by miles,
it's a small small sea

It's a small, small sea

Getting that out of my head will be tough. Co-worker will look askance, no doubt, when I inadvertently start humming it to myself.

@Febrion Welcome back! I do hope everything turned out OK for your wife...Hope all is well!
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

mikro2nd

Postby mikro2nd » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:24 am UTC

Tatiana wrote:Those who missed it really missed something: the birth of a whole new artform.

This! Just exactly this!
One world, one soul

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:38 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Something is horribly, horribly wrong with that article. :wink:
Think of it as upgoer five lingo for the Outside World.

@Angelastic: Treeish "It's a small sea after all"! :)

@Febrion: Hope your wife is ok. Maybe the doctors can just apply some 374'WS A347W'9 and it will all just go away.

@Eternal Density: I'm looking forward to hearing your ottification of Whistle while you work - I can't play it now because it would disturb the comastate of others. :/ The words are fun though! Ditto Junebug. (well, not quite ditto, it's a different ottification, but there you have it!)

@BlitzGirl: Love the "mustard womb" ottie!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

Ximenez

Postby Ximenez » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:47 am UTC

The time has come to OTTify the OTC.

Uninteresting spoiler is uninteresting:
Spoiler:
river-sea.png

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:00 pm UTC

Ximenez wrote:The time has come to OTTify the OTC.

Meta humor FTW
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

HES

Re: 100 Black Meowlpies

Postby HES » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:31 pm UTC

Molpy up! And yay, ketchup!
BlitzGirl wrote:Thanks, charlie. :)
Speaking of keyboards and their kin, this post has my 100th "classic" redundakitty! Baobabish!

Spoiler:

So that's how you get the words on there. And why they often look so angry...

waveney wrote:And allready OTTified...
Spoiler:

That's got to be a new record!

ChronosDragon wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Oh, and a quick reminder that this OSH is still unsolved, if anybody feels like beesnake-hunting:
These are beesnakes.
What newpix are they from?

Got it - it's m2981!
Spoiler:

No no no. They're from OTThercomic #946, though I don't know why she inverted the colours...

ChronosDragon wrote:...how do you tell other people about the thread without them giving you weird looks? :?

When time started I was living with 5 other people. I now live alone. I'll let you fill in the gaps...

BlitzGirl wrote:Wiki note: On the OTTercomics page, you can now add your own title-text to your ottification!

Ooh, shiny!

Latent22 wrote:Wonder if you can use the url tag on the forum to make a sort of proxy of an alt text on here.

Apparently so, but don't forget to add a link to the original somewhere. (Even if it was 3 posts up and I didn't notice the repetition :oops: )
Last edited by HES on Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:29 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
He/Him/His Image

mikro2nd

Postby mikro2nd » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:33 pm UTC

Ximenez wrote:The time has come to OTTify the OTC.
Spoiler:

That was pretty ε
One world, one soul

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:36 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
wizpretz wrote:Has anyone else noticed that Time now has its own Wikipedia page? I haven't seen it pointed out yet. It was created on the fifth by someone named Deadbeef. Is that anyone from here? I was just about to molpy down when I saw that and had to come on here. I hope I haven't been ninja'd.

The Beanies are alternatively "natives" and "locals." The Forty are "townspeople" despite not having a town.
The article-writer didn't seem to realize that there is an epilogue sequence rather than a single static frame.
Lucky as a cougar? Cougars are a Western Hemisphere meowlpy, for Randall's sake.
The OTT and the wiki are mentioned, but do not get reference links, unfortunately.

"The two journey out, finding a river that they were unaware of; the male character loses his water jug in it."

...Water jug? It's not even jug-shaped!
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

Swein

Postby Swein » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:42 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:

"The two journey out, finding a river that they were unaware of; the male character loses his water jug in it."

Hey, why don't you fix it - it is a wiki after all :D
The past is full of traps, charms and mirages, but if you just keep up with with what you are doing it will all be fine.

HES

Postby HES » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:54 pm UTC

Swein wrote:
Spoiler:
taixzo wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:

Hey, why don't you fix it - it is a wiki after all :D

You can't exactly put dilgunnergang in its stead though...
He/Him/His Image

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:13 pm UTC

HES wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:...how do you tell other people about the thread without them giving you weird looks? :?

When time started I was living with 5 other people. I now live alone. I'll let you fill in the gaps...

Raptorcat you! I had to move out of my apartment myself while I waited for it...

BlitzGirl wrote:
Spoiler:

That's so true... :|

Treeish ottifications by Eternal Density, Angelastic, and lmjb1964!
@ChronosDragon: Welcome back, and even with a OTColourification4!
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

rvloon

Re: 100 Black Meowlpies

Postby rvloon » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:49 pm UTC

HES wrote:Molpy up! And yay, ketchup!

Right. You killed 5 people, dug holes, dumped the bodies and now you want us to fill in the gaps? I don't think so, buddy!

Ronald
Spoiler:
I followed Time until The End and I cannot even buy a chirping T-shirt.

Eternal Density

Molpy Down!

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:51 pm UTC

ucim wrote:
@Eternal Density: I'm looking forward to hearing your ottification of Whistle while you work - I can't play it now because it would disturb the comastate of others. :/ The words are fun though!

Um, there's an It at the end of the title. And according to StormAngel the 'dancing' involves something called twirking or twerking, I guess it doesn't matter cos it's a portmanteau. In other news I finished BSG just now. It was many positive adjectives. I can't agree with plenty, but it was enjoyable and entertaining. Now I'm overdue for coma. (eta: yay tomorrow I can read it's tvtropes page!)
Last edited by Eternal Density on Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:53 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

cellocgw

Postby cellocgw » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:52 pm UTC

Well, better Deadbeef than b16b00b5 :oops:

Anyway, I added a meta-evaluation of the wiki page to the wiki page.
https://app.box.com/witthoftresume
Former OTTer
Vote cellocgw for President 2020. #ScienceintheWhiteHouse http://cellocgw.wordpress.com
"The Planck length is 3.81779e-33 picas." -- keithl
" Earth weighs almost exactly π milliJupiters" -- what-if #146, note 7

Whizbang
The Best Reporter

Postby Whizbang » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:10 pm UTC

2270 OTColored

Redundant-:
Spoiler:
2270 OTColored.png

thirds

Postby thirds » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:11 pm UTC

Blitz progress... 12.... ...

deep breath

12... .... ...

1254/1344.

End?

Spoiler:
pkcommando wrote:EndONG

???? :shock:

The End?

.... no, please?

please?

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:15 pm UTC

:cry:

*brings thirds ice cream*

Spoiler:
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

Ebonite

Postby Ebonite » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:53 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:As penance for any flame-bait I may have contributed, I offer a song:
"It's the most wonderful thread on the net." (I started with "on the web," but couldn't think of any words that rhymed with "web.")
Spoiler:
It's the most wonderful thread on the net.
With the posters all posting,
And all of us boasting, “There’s no flame wars yet!”

It's the hap-happiest thread of them all.
We make sharing appealing
And unhappy feeling we try to forestall.
It's the hap-happiest thread of them all.

We have people that write songs
And cool bots that post ONGs
And people that make awesome graphs.
There is great animation
And folks from each nation who
Share in the stories and laughs.

We discuss each new theory
And answer each query with
“Yes, sure, you bet!”

We have science and cool hats
And even a few cats
And artwork and puzzles sublime.
The road may get rocky
But read “Jabberwalky”
To realize how special is “Time.”

And I cherish this new bond
Of each of you I’m fond,
Though we’ve never met.
It's the most wonderful thread,
It's the most wonderful thread,

I fell behind this week and I'm trying to ketchup. . .that's a wonderful OTTification, lmjb1964! Love it.
Sir Ebonite, Lord of the Three Holes
"molpy molpy molpy molpy la la la"

Soup

Postby Soup » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:56 pm UTC

Sent this in a time machinePM to thirds...

Waiting for it...

Go username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, Rakhal, thunk!!

tresoldi

Postby tresoldi » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:59 pm UTC

FIrst, I would like your opinion on the transliteration. edo has suggested replacing ᘝ by ᖆ, as the second glyph is closer to what Randall draw and, in particular, considering that ᘝ and ᘖ are very similar. Given that the corpus would change, he also suggested ᕒ in place of ᙐ and ᕬ in place of ᙉ for the same reasons, and I agree with him. He also suggested ᔕ in place of ᔑ and ᙭ in place of ᖉ, but I am not so sure about these two as they are too similar to the Latin characters S an X, and I'd like to avoid this similarities for the tendency of reading Beanish glyphs as Latin letters (in fact, I was thinking about changing the comma-diacritic too). wpkr recommended againts the change, as it only serves typographical issues. He says that it wouldn't propel our understanding of Beanish, which is true (it might in fact strengthen the idea that Beanish is derived from some Canadian language, which it almost certainly isn't), but I still think it is a good idea, especially when considering that -- if we, the language-crackers ;) , eventually decipher Beanish -- we might be using more Beanish in the future. What it is your opinion?

Second, heretical question: I enjoy the work people have been posting (the sex-position comic literally made me laugh out loud, even thought about sharing it on the blog), but it has been difficult to keep up the blitzing, and in fact I might have missed some questions people directed me. Do you think it is better to open a new thread in the Linguistics forum, devoted to Beanish? I can imagine both positive and negative outcomes and please believe that I would hate to "split" the community, but it might be better to speculate freely about the language...

And now back to actual work, 'cause if my advisor finds out I'm writing Beanish posts and not research papers I won't be a happy student... (my quals are probably in March and, as a good graduate student, I'm terribly late with my research).
My blog on Beanish: https://beanishlang.wordpress.com/
Beanish corpus on Github: https://github.com/tresoldi/beanish/blob/master/corpus.txt
If you want to ask me anything, feel free to send a private message or comment on my blog, I might miss it on the topics (particularly on the OTT ;))

thirds

Postby thirds » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:00 pm UTC

Blitz progress: lost/1344

This is all I can post at the moment (inspired by Angelastic)

I Will Follow You Into The Dark
an OTTification of one of my favorite Death Cab For Cutie songs
(Best when read with the song playing in the background)

Time of Times,
we knew some day you would die
but I'll be close behind
I'll follow you, into the dark

No darkening
or drawn-out fades to white
Just our One True Thread of Time
Waiting for the hint of a change

If Randall and Time decide
That they both are satisfied
Colorize the frames as memorial shrines
If there's no one beside you when they disembark
Then I'll follow you into the dark

In an epic Blitz, I almost had called it quits
Sigcouragement made me strong, by the posters ahead
I kept my aim, as I saw that frame
This is The End it said,
And I lowered my head

You and me
have seen everything to see
From beaches to Chateau d'If
Everyone but you and me

has molpied down. The time for sleep is now
But it's nothing to cry about
Cause we'll all post random ONGs
To an OTTified song

sab39

Postby sab39 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:00 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
OSH

This is a section of the sky.
Which newpix is it from?
:twisted:

Perhaps if you were sufficiently BHG-esque you could come up with a section of sky visually indistinguishable from that that WAS in fact solveable because it wasn't quite FFFFFF.

Whizbang
The Best Reporter

Postby Whizbang » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:08 pm UTC

OSH - What is this?

Spoiler:
OSH What Is This.png
OSH What Is This.png (919 Bytes) Viewed 15304 times

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:47 pm UTC

Whizbang wrote:
OSH - What is this?

Spoiler:
OSH What Is This.png

Cueball in mscha #1064!
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

KayZ

Postby KayZ » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:49 pm UTC

Wow, Time has come to an **d but the OTT is going forward as strong as ever.

Great OTTifications and OTColorizations all the Time. Also much effort by tresoldi in analyzing Beanish.

But are there still mustarded frames in Time? I think this one still has some mustard in the text:

M3019

Buzz wrote:....
I said we should to move to the hills, ...

Everyone caught the he/she mixup in the next frame but the additional "to" in this one seems to have gone by unnoticed. Probably because everyone was wondering what Cueball was seeing. At least, this sentence doesn't make sense to me, either it should be:
I said we should move to the hills, ...
or something like
I said we should start to move to the hills, ...
Or is my English off an that's a valid sentence? Will the mustard still disappear?

HES

Postby HES » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:59 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Wiki note: On the OTTercomics page, you can now add your own title-text to your ottification!

Spoiler:
This is easiest to do in source mode after you have already added your picture. You should see a module that looks like:
[[File:ItsNotPretty.png|thumb|left|400px]]
(Depending on the size of your image, the "400px" might not be there. That's just a resizing option if your OTTercomic's original size is wider than the column width.)

Delete the "thumb" part if it's still there. If the "thumb" is present, your caption will appear below the image instead of as hovertext.
[[File:ItsNotPretty.png|left|400px]]

Add a vertical bar on the far right of the module and follow that with your title-text caption. Make sure the two square brackets are still at the end:
[[File:ItsNotPretty.png|left|400px|Actually, it seems to be inspiring them to OTTify everything in sight, which is treeish.]]

Voila! Your very own title-text caption!

I've added the latest set of OTThercomics, and updated mine to include title texts. Between mine and Blitzgirl's, it gives you an excuse to go and read the page again :wink:

I tried adding Blitzgirl's instructions on the wiki page, but for some reason the collapsing formatting won't work (and the instructions are a bit seaish to go without). Any wiki warriors know what's going on? (Edited for clarity) Turns out it was working fine, but didn't show up in preview.

Now then, back to the SIDE PROJECT...

(@KayZ you're right, that is mustard)
Last edited by HES on Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:34 pm UTC, edited 3 times in total.
He/Him/His Image

magma pixie

Postby magma pixie » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:59 pm UTC

Sick molpy is quiet but still reading.

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:01 pm UTC

hunjoh wrote:I just noticed that in the most recent frame they said "sand". Is someone referring to the remains of the castle or something else? Does this settle the discussion of the castle building material?

{P1239}
"Sand" is just a colloquialism.
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

HES

Postby HES » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:02 pm UTC

magma pixie wrote:Sick molpy is quiet but still reading.

Aww, get well soon
He/Him/His Image

schwartzbewithyou

Postby schwartzbewithyou » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:10 pm UTC

KayZ wrote:But are there still mustarded frames in Time? I think this one still has some mustard in the text:
M3019
Spoiler:

Buzz wrote:....I said we should to move to the hills, ...

Everyone caught the he/she mixup in the next frame but the additional "to" in this one seems to have gone by unnoticed. Probably because everyone was wondering what Cueball was seeing. At least, this sentence doesn't make sense to me, either it should be:
I said we should move to the hills, ...
or something like
I said we should start to move to the hills, ...
Or is my English off an that's a valid sentence? Will the mustard still disappear?

I actually was curious about this exact scenario a while back!
schwartzbewithyou wrote:It would be interesting if the next time we see a blatant mustard (like the the s/he pronoun mix up) that nobody mentions it on the thread and see if it is still remedied as quick as the others. (although this is probably next to impossible to coordinate with everyone who can post to the OTT) but it would be a 'neat' experiment. It could be posted about later then to see if everyone agreed it was mustard. I think if it was either not fixed, or fixed half way to the next newpix, it would be an indication that the minions rely on us to proof the frame.

So that points to more conclusive evidence that the forum was being monitored regularly to catch mustard.

Although I usually stick to my 3D renderings.. I had to step briefly into the manip pool since I had an idea this morning. I have absolutely *no* skills in photoshop or anything like that.. I stick to paint :oops: So please forgive me, all of you who have done amazing work, on the lack of my manip skills! But it's the thought that counts right? right guys? bueller? If anyone wants to make a better version of this, please feel free :)

ETA: *hugs* to you thirds...

Spoiler:
frame 220.png
Dracomax wrote:I've been out of school for 5 years, and I'm still trying to figure out why everyone keeps acting like I know what I'm doing.

It's something unpredictable, but in the end is right/I hope you had the time of your life.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”