1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

k.bookbinder

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby k.bookbinder » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:15 pm UTC

thirds wrote:Blitz progress... 12.... ...

deep breath
Spoiler:
12... .... ...

1254/1344.

End?

Spoiler:
pkcommando wrote:EndONG

???? :shock:

Spoiler:
The End?

.... no, please?

please?

:cry: :( 'Tis true. :( *HUGS*

But the OTT is still going strong, with more OTTifications than ever! :mrgreen:

ETA: Papal decree: enjoy your lunch! (For that is what I am about to do...)
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:34 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:ETA: Papal decree: enjoy your lunch! (For that is what I am about to do...)

I am, indeed, enjoying my lunch. (Homemade samosas! Yum!)
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, Vytron, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Lunch without Ketchup, please.

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:36 pm UTC

I will enjoy my lunch, in about three nopix or so. :mrgreen:

@Whizbang: Treeish OTColored frame!
@thirds: *HUG*

k.bookbinder wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:The OTT and the wiki are mentioned, but do not get reference links, unfortunately.

Yes we do! There is a link in the External Links section for our wiki, and one for mscha's site as well :D I thought it was very well done, and appropriate, for a Wikipedia article. Very neutral and unbiased.

Ooh yay, that link to the wiki is new since I last visited the page (I must have somehow missed the OTT link on my first read-through.) Thanks to the OTTidors who made that article more readable, too. :wink:

tresoldi wrote:Second, heretical question: I enjoy the work people have been posting (the sex-position comic literally made me laugh out loud, even thought about sharing it on the blog), but it has been difficult to keep up the blitzing, and in fact I might have missed some questions people directed me. Do you think it is better to open a new thread in the Linguistics forum, devoted to Beanish? I can imagine both positive and negative outcomes and please believe that I would hate to "split" the community, but it might be better to speculate freely about the language...

If you're worried about missing questions directed to you, you can request that OTTers private-message you instead of (or in addition to) posting on the OTT - maybe write that in your sig? :) And feel free to open a new thread elsewhere, just be prepared for an audience that will probably be more general-xkcd-forumers than OTTers. Not that that's a bad thing, of course. But there will be less cake. :wink: And maybe a few questions like, "Why do you call it Beanish?"

KayZ wrote:
Spoiler:
Wow, Time has come to an **d but the OTT is going forward as strong as ever.

Great OTTifications and OTColorizations all the Time. Also much effort by tresoldi in analyzing Beanish.

But are there still mustarded frames in Time? I think this one still has some mustard in the text:

M3019
Buzz wrote:....
I said we should to move to the hills, ...
Everyone caught the he/she mixup in the next frame but the additional "to" in this one seems to have gone by unnoticed. Probably because everyone was wondering what Cueball was seeing. At least, this sentence doesn't make sense to me, either it should be:
I said we should move to the hills, ...
or something like
I said we should start to move to the hills, ...
Or is my English off an that's a valid sentence? Will the mustard still disappear?

Whoa. I don't know how many Times I've viewed this newpix and completely missed that grammatical error. Image If it had come during a quieter Time on the OTT, it might have been caught sooner - but I think you're the first to bring it up!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

thirds

Postby thirds » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:40 pm UTC

*stumbles blearily out of the Time portal into the nopix present*

Well... that was an experience.

I'm sure you've all probably moved on through the stages of grief enough that you don't care to hear rambling from someone in the early stages (my OTTification helped, though). I do want to say that I'm glad Randall posted in the blag with some explanation and acknowledgements of the great OTT. I regret not being more outspoken in the thread and for waiting for so long (until The Great Thirding Page of 333) to post and interact with the brilliant group we have here.

While I agree with sentiments that the final scenes were highly compressed in comparison with the meandering pace of the first 95%, and I feel that the ending leaves one with a dangling feeling, Time was an adventure. An adventure that has made me reflect on my own real life and how I approach it. For that, Randall and everyone here will always have my eternal appreciation.

The list of thanks to be dispensed to posters here in the OTT is exhaustive. There is no poster that has not warranted credit for the creation of such a bizarre and wowterful tribe. From the spotlighted and prolific to the occasional, I thank everyone for their contributions. I refuse to call this the end of the OTT, however, and I am certainly not done. I hope the same for all of you.

Spoiler:
taixzo wrote:
thirds wrote:Seems like a good time for a blitzbreak.

I read that as "Seems like a good time for a heartbreak." :cry:

SBN wrote:

Who's got the ice cream? This is going to be rough.

BlitzGirl wrote:
SBN wrote:

Who's got the ice cream? This is going to be rough.

Yeah, bad Time for a blitzbreak...

pelrigg wrote:

And there's an extra dose of sadness when we all know how close thirds is to finding out about The Event before xe took his blitz/heartbreak.....

intheshax wrote:

Oh, thirds. You were so close to realizing what comes next. I'm hoping you don't stumble too hard on that missing step! Sending my best good thoughts into the past...

OMR... what horrible Timing I have. Thanks for the thoughts everyone.

taixzo wrote::cry:
*brings thirds ice cream*

Soup wrote:Sent this in a time machinePM to thirds...

BlitzGirl wrote:@thirds: *HUG*

Thanks, I needed those.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:44 pm UTC

*DOUBLEHUG* Image

Don't worry, the OTT seems to be alive and well, if a little more relaxed since the Unspeakable Event in the OTC. Lots of ottifications and such. :)

Speaking of which, good one, schwartzbewithyou! :mrgreen: (I missed your manip while writing my ketchup post.)
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

thirds

Postby thirds » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:49 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:*DOUBLEHUG* Image

Don't worry, the OTT seems to be alive and well, if a little more relaxed since the Unspeakable Event in the OTC. Lots of ottifications and such. :)

No exaggeration! The UE triggered many great works.
Still, there is a curtain of shadow over my day.

Whizbang
The Best Reporter

Postby Whizbang » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:55 pm UTC

The Cuegan Trail
Frame 1023

Redundant+:
Spoiler:
The Cuegan Trail.png

Megan Hunting.png

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:57 pm UTC

I suppose they didn't buy any supplies before leaving except a mustard-ton of thwap-sticks... :wink: Treeish!

HES wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Wiki note: On the OTTercomics page, you can now add your own title-text to your ottification!
Spoiler:
This is easiest to do in source mode after you have already added your picture. You should see a module that looks like:
[[File:ItsNotPretty.png|thumb|left|400px]]
(Depending on the size of your image, the "400px" might not be there. That's just a resizing option if your OTTercomic's original size is wider than the column width.)

Delete the "thumb" part if it's still there. If the "thumb" is present, your caption will appear below the image instead of as hovertext.
[[File:ItsNotPretty.png|left|400px]]

Add a vertical bar on the far right of the module and follow that with your title-text caption. Make sure the two square brackets are still at the end:
[[File:ItsNotPretty.png|left|400px|Actually, it seems to be inspiring them to OTTify everything in sight, which is treeish.]]

Voila! Your very own title-text caption!

I've added the latest set of OTThercomics, and updated mine to include title texts. Between mine and Blitzgirl's, it gives you an excuse to go and read the page again :wink:

Awesomeful! I think your title text for #875 is my favorite. :mrgreen: And I hear you on #122! Working on it! :wink:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Whizbang
The Best Reporter

Postby Whizbang » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:07 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:
Whizbang wrote:
OSH - What is this?

Spoiler:
OSH What Is This.png

Cueball in mscha #1064!

Great job! Did my little "hint" link in the spoiler give it away or did you find it on your own?

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:11 pm UTC

I thought it was pretty distinctive when I saw it, and recognized the newpix. Cueball burying whatever-it-was was quite memorable in those dips. Image
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Whizbang
The Best Reporter

Postby Whizbang » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:13 pm UTC

I was hoping without the context of the head, a few black lines would be difficult to guess. I should have remembered that Randall can imply a lot with just a few black lines.

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:20 pm UTC

Whizbang wrote:
taixzo wrote:
Whizbang wrote:
OSH - What is this?

Spoiler:
OSH What Is This.png

Cueball in mscha #1064!

Great job! Did my little "hint" link in the spoiler give it away or did you find it on your own?

I didn't even open the spoiler until afterwards; I recognized the frame from yesterday when I was looking for the dilgunnerang ones.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, Vytron, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

MajorDouble7

Postby MajorDouble7 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:22 pm UTC

BlindPosting!!! About 20 NPs back...

Just came across this and thought it was ALLRELATED. Meowlpy-shark to the rescue?

HES wrote:That's not how these things work; Beardo will know, but before telling them he will send them on a quest for the magical sand timer of the molpy people. He'll give them a stick with +1 Thwapping and [...] once Time ends, it will restart on a higher difficulty setting.

BlitzGirl

Nopixly OSH

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:03 pm UTC

Welcome to the OTTer Scavenger Hunt in Time, hereby abbreviated as OSH... ...let's just stick with OSH.

This is some action!
What newpix is it from?

Redundant:
Spoiler:

OSH010.png
OSH010.png (1.31 KiB) Viewed 15406 times

Keywords: BGOSH
redundant107.png
redundant107.png (153.65 KiB) Viewed 15406 times
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:03 pm UTC

This one OTTified itself...
So that I didn't have to change the stuff about video frames, the OTThercomic refers to this video mentioned in one of the articles/blogs.
He/Him/His Image

waveney

Postby waveney » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:07 pm UTC

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:13 pm UTC

First of all, big hugs to thirds. We're all here for you! And you're welcome to share your grief as much as necessary. We've all been there. It is really weird to watch, from a distance almost, as someone else goes through it. You want to yell out, "Be careful! Sadness ahead!" but you can't. You just have to let it happen. But we're still here and going strong. You should see all the awesomeful stuff in the present!

For instance:
BlitzGirl wrote:Awesomeful avatar, the_Dex! :D Blitzing does seem like a Sisyphean task, some xips!

Wiki note: On the OTTercomics page, you can now add your own title-text to your ottification!

I second the comment on Dex's avatar, and thanks for adding that to the wiki, BlitzGirl!

HES wrote:Molpy up! And yay, ketchup!
When time started I was living with 5 other people. I now live alone. I'll let you fill in the gaps...

See, I just started off living alone. Except for my meowlpy, and as long as I pet her while I ketchup, she's fine with it. :)

rvloon wrote:
HES wrote:Molpy up! And yay, ketchup!

ChronosDragon wrote:...how do you tell other people about the thread without them giving you weird looks? :?

When time started I was living with 5 other people. I now live alone. I'll let you fill in the gaps...

Right. You killed 5 people, dug holes, dumped the bodies and now you want us to fill in the gaps? I don't think so, buddy!

Ronald

:D

Whizbang wrote:2270 OTColored
Spoiler:

Nice colorification!

tresoldi wrote:
Spoiler:
FIrst, I would like your opinion on the transliteration. edo has suggested replacing ᘝ by ᖆ, as the second glyph is closer to what Randall draw and, in particular, considering that ᘝ and ᘖ are very similar. Given that the corpus would change, he also suggested ᕒ in place of ᙐ and ᕬ in place of ᙉ for the same reasons, and I agree with him. He also suggested ᔕ in place of ᔑ and ᙭ in place of ᖉ, but I am not so sure about these two as they are too similar to the Latin characters S an X, and I'd like to avoid this similarities for the tendency of reading Beanish glyphs as Latin letters (in fact, I was thinking about changing the comma-diacritic too). wpkr recommended againts the change, as it only serves typographical issues. He says that it wouldn't propel our understanding of Beanish, which is true (it might in fact strengthen the idea that Beanish is derived from some Canadian language, which it almost certainly isn't), but I still think it is a good idea, especially when considering that -- if we, the language-crackers ;) , eventually decipher Beanish -- we might be using more Beanish in the future. What it is your opinion?

Second, heretical question: I enjoy the work people have been posting (the sex-position comic literally made me laugh out loud, even thought about sharing it on the blog), but it has been difficult to keep up the blitzing, and in fact I might have missed some questions people directed me. Do you think it is better to open a new thread in the Linguistics forum, devoted to Beanish? I can imagine both positive and negative outcomes and please believe that I would hate to "split" the community, but it might be better to speculate freely about the language...

And now back to actual work, 'cause if my advisor finds out I'm writing Beanish posts and not research papers I won't be a happy student... (my quals are probably in March and, as a good graduate student, I'm terribly late with my research).

Well, the obvious answer to the last paragraph is to make Beanish the topic of your thesis or dissertation. :) For your other question, BlitzGirl answered it perfectly. As usual. :D

sab39 wrote:
Spoiler:
lmjb1964 wrote:
OSH

This is a section of the sky.
Which newpix is it from?
:twisted:

Perhaps if you were sufficiently BHG-esque you could come up with a section of sky visually indistinguishable from that that WAS in fact solveable because it wasn't quite FFFFFF.

Chirp! Why didn't I think of that?

KayZ wrote:Wow, Time has come to an **d but the OTT is going forward as strong as ever.

Great OTTifications and OTColorizations all the Time. Also much effort by tresoldi in analyzing Beanish.

But are there still mustarded frames in Time? I think this one still has some mustard in the text:

Spoiler:

Whoa, nice catch, kayz! :shock:

magma pixie wrote:Sick molpy is quiet but still reading.

:( Feel better!

schwartzbewithyou wrote:
Spoiler:
frame 220.png

Steakish!

MajorDouble7 wrote:BlindPosting!!! About 20 NPs back...

Just came across this and thought it was ALLRELATED. Meowlpy-shark to the rescue?

OMR, I laughed till I cried at that one.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

HES

Postby HES » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:14 pm UTC

waveney wrote:http://xkcd.com/1093/...

Nice one, waveney :mrgreen:
It's going to be a sad day when we run out of othercomics to OTThercomicify...

Totally missed this earlier...
rvloon wrote:
HES wrote:When time started I was living with 5 other people. I now live alone. I'll let you fill in the gaps...

Right. You killed 5 people, dug holes, dumped the bodies and now you want us to fill in the gaps? I don't think so, buddy!

Ronald

:shock: But I'm too lazy, and they're starting to decompose :(

lmjb1964 wrote:

My personal favourite is this one.
He/Him/His Image

gnetwerker

You Otter be Careful

Postby gnetwerker » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:35 pm UTC

http://www.columbian.com/news/2013/jul/ ... ama-river/

http://tdn.com/news/local/otter-bites-t ... f887a.html
July 27, 2013 9:30 pm • By Barbara LaBoe / The Daily News

KALAMA — Kierra Clark wasn’t sure what was biting her leg as she swam Wednesday in the Kalama River, but she knew she had to get out of the water.

It kept after her as she and her cousin swam back to shore while screaming for help. Then, she looked back and came face to face with a river otter — which bared its teeth “and had huge eyes,” Kierra, 13, recalled Friday afternoon.

Kierra has cuts and bruises on her leg and heel, but she is OK after a trip to the doctor and a tetanus shot. Locals at the Kalama Sportsmen’s Club, though, say they can’t remember another time the normally playful river otters have attacked and pursued swimmers.

Zorin_75

Postby Zorin_75 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:38 pm UTC

HES wrote:My personal favourite is this one.

Whatdachirp have I just watched? :shock:
Go Minim go!

HES

Postby HES » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:43 pm UTC

Zorin_75 wrote:
HES wrote:My personal favourite is this one.

Whatdachirp have I just watched? :shock:

A cat dressed as a shark riding a roomba chasing a baby duck, followed by a baby duck chasing a cat dressed as a shark riding a roomba, watched by a dog dressed as a shark.

A meowply dressed as a molpy riding an automolpy chasing a baby molpy, followed by a baby molpy chasing a meowlpy dressed as a molpy riding an automolpy, watched by a wolpy dressed as a molpy.

Obviously.
He/Him/His Image

Zorin_75

Re: You Otter be Careful

Postby Zorin_75 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:49 pm UTC

gnetwerker wrote:It kept after her as she and her cousin swam back to shore while screaming for help. Then, she looked back and came face to face with a river otter — which bared its teeth “and had huge eyes,” Kierra, 13, recalled Friday afternoon.

Kierra has cuts and bruises on her leg and heel, but she is OK after a trip to the doctor and a tetanus shot. Locals at the Kalama Sportsmen’s Club, though, say they can’t remember another time the normally playful river otters have attacked and pursued swimmers.

Rule for dealing with OTTers #1 - Don't talk about Th* *nd
Rule for dealing with OTTers #2 - Don't talk about Th* *nd
Rule for dealing with OTTers #3 - Don't talk about Th* *nd
Rule for dealing with OTTers #4 - ...
Rule for dealing with OTTers #5 - RUN.

HES wrote:A meowply dressed as a molpy riding an automolpy chasing a baby molpy, followed by a baby molpy chasing a meowlpy dressed as a molpy riding an automolpy, watched by a wolpy dressed as a molpy.

Obviously.

Which makes me pretty sure now I've seen everything.
Go Minim go!

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:54 pm UTC

HES wrote:A meowply dressed as a molpy riding an automolpy chasing a baby molpy, followed by a baby molpy chasing a meowlpy dressed as a molpy riding an automolpy, watched by a wolpy dressed as a molpy.

Obviously.

I would think, under the definition that a molpy is "anything you want to cuddle", that a shark would be a raptor instead of a molpy.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:55 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:

Obviously.

I would think, under the definition that a molpy is "anything you want to cuddle", that a shark would be a raptor instead of a molpy.

But it's a cuddly sea-raptor!
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Soup

Postby Soup » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:59 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:

Obviously.

wOTTer-raptor-molpy?
Waiting for it...

Go username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, Rakhal, thunk!!

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:02 pm UTC

I've been slowly condimenting and had lots of replies saved up, but this is all I can reply to at the moment. Most likely ninja'd by several pages of ice cream.

thirds wrote:Blitz progress: lost/1344

This is all I can post at the moment (inspired by Angelastic)

I Will Follow You Into The Dark
an OTTification of one of my favorite Death Cab For Cutie songs
(Best when read with the song playing in the background)

Spoiler:
Time of Times,
we knew some day you would die
but I'll be close behind
I'll follow you, into the dark

No darkening
or drawn-out fades to white
Just our One True Thread of Time
Waiting for the hint of a change

If Randall and Time decide
That they both are satisfied
Colorize the frames as memorial shrines
If there's no one beside you when they disembark
Then I'll follow you into the dark

In an epic Blitz, I almost had called it quits
Sigcouragement made me strong, by the posters ahead
I kept my aim, as I saw that frame
This is The End it said,
And I lowered my head

You and me
have seen everything to see
From beaches to Chateau d'If
Everyone but you and me

has molpied down. The time for sleep is now
But it's nothing to cry about
Cause we'll all post random ONGs
To an OTTified song

We've been waiting for you, thirds. Image

Your song was absolutely steakish. <3
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

thirds

Postby thirds » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:30 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:First of all, big hugs to thirds. We're all here for you! And you're welcome to share your grief as much as necessary. We've all been there. It is really weird to watch, from a distance almost, as someone else goes through it. You want to yell out, "Be careful! Sadness ahead!" but you can't. You just have to let it happen. But we're still here and going strong. You should see all the awesomeful stuff in the present!

Thanks. After I saw the Unspeakable Event, I imagined everyone in the present was probably making tsk-tsk sounds at my earlier blitz posts. Especially my poorly-timed blitzbreak.

Valarya wrote:I've been slowly condimenting and had lots of replies saved up, but this is all I can reply to at the moment. Most likely ninja'd by several pages of ice cream.
Spoiler:
thirds wrote:Blitz progress: lost/1344

This is all I can post at the moment (inspired by Angelastic)

I Will Follow You Into The Dark
an OTTification of one of my favorite Death Cab For Cutie songs
(Best when read with the song playing in the background)

Time of Times,
we knew some day you would die
but I'll be close behind
I'll follow you, into the dark

No darkening
or drawn-out fades to white
Just our One True Thread of Time
Waiting for the hint of a change

In an epic Blitz, I almost had called it quits
Sigcouragement made me strong, by the posters ahead
I kept my aim, as I saw that frame
This is The End it said,
And I lowered my head

You and me
have seen everything to see
From beaches to Chateau d'If
Everyone but you and me

has molpied down. The time for sleep is now
But it's nothing to cry about
Cause we'll all post random ONGs
To an OTTified song

We've been waiting for you, thirds. Image

Your song was absolutely steakish. <3

Thanks, seems sad enough to approximate the empty feeling. Feels to me a lot like when Calvin & Hobbes ended, or when finishing a really good adventurous video game (I kind of felt similar at the end of the Half Life series - still waiting on episode 3).

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:31 pm UTC

thirds wrote:Still, there is a curtain of shadow over my day.

We understand. I'm sure you saw in your ketchup that we all cried for pretty much 2 days afterwards.

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:33 pm UTC

@thirds: Hugs! All things must come to an end, for without an end, there can be no beginning. However, the One True Thread is nowhere near its end. There are cupcakes, and cake and icecream, molpies, and even people. You are among friends. And, btw, your ottification of I will follow you into the dark brought tears to my eyes.

taixzo wrote:I would think, under the definition that a molpy is "anything you want to cuddle", that a shark would be a raptor instead of a molpy.
But the definition is anything you want to duccle, IIRC. :)

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:36 pm UTC

Guys, I can't figure out how to add a row in the Songs wiki page. :( The last song I filked isn't up there and I was going to add it but fail at wiki editing, apparently.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:39 pm UTC

Valarya: In visual editor, right click on the table --> Row --> Insert Row After to add a new one. :)

ucim wrote:
taixzo wrote:I would think, under the definition that a molpy is "anything you want to cuddle", that a shark would be a raptor instead of a molpy.
But the definition is anything you want to duccle, IIRC. :)

Duccling = confused cuddling.
Also,
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:42 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:Guys, I can't figure out how to add a row in the Songs wiki page. :( The last song I filked isn't up there and I was going to add it but fail at wiki editing, apparently.

Right click on a row -> select row in dropdown -> select insert row before/after (BlitzNinjad)

He/Him/His Image

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:51 pm UTC

HES wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:

My personal favourite is this one.

I'm sorry, but I think adding the baby duck molpy pushed that video over the legal cute/silly threshhold. And then the wolpy walks in. What the chirp was he wearing? And then when the thing stops--OMR, that was..I have no words.

It's a good thing I watched it to get my spirits up before listening to thirds's song and reading the beautiful OTTification. Just took me right back to..that time, and how it felt. We're glad you're here with us now, thirds!

gnetwerker wrote:http://www.columbian.com/news/2013/jul/29/otter-bites-teens-swimming-in-kalama-river/

http://tdn.com/news/local/otter-bites-t ... f887a.html
July 27, 2013 9:30 pm • By Barbara LaBoe / The Daily News

KALAMA — Kierra Clark wasn’t sure what was biting her leg as she swam Wednesday in the Kalama River, but she knew she had to get out of the water.

It kept after her as she and her cousin swam back to shore while screaming for help. Then, she looked back and came face to face with a river otter — which bared its teeth “and had huge eyes,” Kierra, 13, recalled Friday afternoon.

Bad yappo! No biting swimmers! :evil:

I was hoping someone had posted an answer to the OSH so I wouldn't be tempted to keep looking. I really need to finish this Outside project. OK, here's a question I need to ask. I'm ashamed to say I have really used mscha's viewer much. I started off going to the Book of Aubron and pretty much kept going back there. I don't see a way to play it as an animation. Is there a way to do that, or do you just view one frame at a time?

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:54 pm UTC

thirds wrote:<snip> Feels to me a lot like when Calvin & Hobbes ended, or when finishing a really good adventurous video game (I kind of felt similar at the end of the Half Life series - still waiting on episode 3).

That was exactly the feeling I had! :( Then someone did an OTTification of the you-know-what which made explicit reference to Calvin & Hobbes...and then I felt doubly sad because I was reminded of two sad you-know-whats.

And waiting for HL3 has just become depressing.
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

thirds

Postby thirds » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:05 pm UTC

Too much depression! Let's all focus on this word for a bit:

Wiggleopolomony. (wig-gil-ah-poh-loh-moh-ney)

Repeat.

Better? Yes.
Last edited by thirds on Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:07 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:06 pm UTC

Thanks BlitzGirl and HES!

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:11 pm UTC

thirds wrote:Too much depression! Let's all focus on this word for a bit:

Wiggleopolomony. (wig-gil-ah-poh-loh-moh-ney)

Repeat.

Better? Yes.

Thanks! Between that and Val's cupcakes (I know they were for BlitzGirl and HES, but I took one...or three...I mean, No! Those spaces were already empty!) I feel much better.

Wiggleopolomony, wiggleopolomony *quickly shoves cupcake in mouth* wimmleomonomnomnom

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

thirds

Postby thirds » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:12 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Wiggleopolomony, wiggleopolomony *quickly shoves cupcake in mouth* wimmleomonomnomnom

LOL!

azule
Saved

Blind-Post NP1243

Postby azule » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:14 pm UTC

I'm now currently a full xip away from the end (according to what I've been able to download (but not view)). It's sorta the home stretch. When I get there will Time still be going? See you guys in your Past!

BTW, that (np(m)3070) was a quick rebuild...suspiciously quick!

Davidy wrote:
Spoiler:
So, Cuegan spend a day or two playing in the sand, then leave (unannounced?) their tribe for a couple of weeks, coming back to find the rest split into two groups. Each group has been industrious enough to build rafts. This would imply some type of organization and direction. However, when Cuegan appears, it seems like Cueball has assumed a position of leadership with the others asking him for direction and him not shirking from that task.

This is odd on two levels - 1) in his dealing with Megan, she took the alpha position. It was her insistance and prodding that got them to the Beanies. 2) LaPetite seems to have taken charge in building one raft and getting her group to relative safety. We don't know much about the second group but someone had enough initiative to gather materials and built a raft.

It doesn't look like there are any elders in the group. There are two women (I assume) with their hair tied in buns. This suggests to me (perhaps wrongly) that they are older but neither they, nor any of the men have stepped forward.

Except Cueball.
I don't know how or why, but he has become the de facto leader of the tribe. Unless Megan or La Petite gives him a dope slap (thwap!) and asserts her authority.
Nice catch. This seems to make sense (in that it doesn't make sense that either Megan or Cueball should be heralded as leaders). But I guess, in a world in need of answers the leaders are those that can provide any answers (even falsely).

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:15 pm UTC

Thanks for the cupcakes, Val! :)
(Why'd you only make five? That's an odd number...)

thirds wrote:Wiggleopolomony. (wig-gil-ah-poh-loh-moh-ney)

Wiggle-oh-polo-molpony?
Spoiler:

HES wrote:Image

Follow-up: y u no believe me?

lmjb1964 wrote: OK, here's a question I need to ask. I'm ashamed to say I have really used mscha's viewer much. I started off going to the Book of Aubron and pretty much kept going back there. I don't see a way to play it as an animation. Is there a way to do that, or do you just view one frame at a time?

I don't think there's a way to do that with mscha's viewer at this point - only one at a Time.
And you're right - no one has gotten the latest OSH yet!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”