1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

mscha

Re: Blind-Post NP1333

Postby mscha » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:12 pm UTC

patzer wrote:ApproachONG the sea
Spoiler:

Snapy's alive! Image Image

intheshax wrote:
Latent22 wrote:Well I'm currently the one releasing them but I can't claim all the credit as I've got someone else helping out with the content as well. You can have the fun speculating on who that might be.

I have to suppose Ebonite has something to do with it. That's who posted Lucky's dream just before I posted the first luckyONG, which was just Lucky lying there at the time, but then changed to Lucky dreaming that dream. Hasn't posted since. I suppose that could mean anything... or EVERYTHING!

My molpy is on BlitzGirl – I bet she drew Lucky.

And I'm Page Pope again... Decree: keep the OTT alive over the wixend, but not artificially. Post if you've got something to post, but otherwise just
Spoiler:
you know what
. (And an accidental double post once in a while is no big deal, but please no triple or quadruple posts!)
Last edited by mscha on Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:50 pm UTC, edited 3 times in total.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

BlueCrab

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlueCrab » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:15 pm UTC

Blindpost from the top of np 1276, distracted but still here. No firstposts in the last 2 np's.

I'm pretty sure this is new to the thread; it's tree-rings played as music, very 8-).

Also, the Sarlac-meowlpy when he was very young and hadn't yet realized his full potential:
image.jpg
Here, chirpie chirpie chirpie!

ETA:
b2bomberkrh wrote: <snip>What an ironic time to be pagepope. All I can order/request is that you keep your spirits up, remember how much fun this all is, and continue to think of how you want to thank Randall, and keep in touch with all your friends here. Oh, and animal pictures on this page have to be your own!!! (Kermit and Jar Jar insist!)

Hey, I followed the PagePope decree by accident! 110 np late, but still...
Wiki Wiki Wiki Wiki Grapevine, Grapevine

"Kvetcher-upper" -- one who complains while ketchupping? - CasCat

“Pretty much everything tastes better if you eat it in the shower.” - ggh

mscha

Postby mscha » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:45 pm UTC

BlueCrab wrote:Hey, I followed the PagePope decree by accident! 110 np late, but still...

And not just the Past Page Pope's, but also the Present Page Pope's!

Here's a riverish ottification:

Can't Help Following
based on Elvis' Can't Help Falling In Love
Spoiler:
Outside says only fools rush in
But I can't help following the One True Thread
Shall I stay
Would it be heresy
If I can't help following the One True Thread

Like a river flows sometimes to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be
OTTify, read a post unread
For I can't help following the One True Thread

Like a rising sea breaks the castle down
Darling so it goes
We will still be around
OTTify, read a post unread
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

PeterSheil

Postby PeterSheil » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:12 pm UTC

Questing onwards - page 344 out of 1385; the dyke has just breached so Megan and Cueball are ... building on the highest level.

I'm pausing to leave this message because:
Eternal Density wrote:
Asthanius wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
Qalyar wrote:
queueingtheory wrote:
thirds wrote:...

One on't cross beams gone owt askew on treadle!

Well what on earth does that mean?

Okay, so a treadle is the pedal-thing ... That's all I have.

Looks like some people missed this on the previous occasions the topic came up:
http://vimeo.com/63031638
<snip>

Definitely didn't expect that! But the images of a castle interior ... aren't they some how familiar??? I cannot guarantee to follow all the links, but that one was certainly worth it :)

ETA: I see back in the day there was some discussion about the correct spelling of 'dyke' meaning a raised bank of earth. The site dictionary.com gives the following quote as an example usage:
dyke(1): "The office ... make[s] its incumbent a repair man behind a dyke. No sooner is one leak plugged than it is necessary to dash over and stop another that has broken out. There is no end to it."
-Herbert Hoover

It looks like both spellings (dyke, dike) can be used for either of the two main meanings ... although the UK and the US have a different default meaning for the 'dyke' spelling.

And thanks for the sigcouragement ... definitely a plus!!

Onward!
Last edited by PeterSheil on Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:20 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Dracomax wrote:
fhorn wrote:I would post more often but I don't know how to clever.

if you say enough random nonsense, eventually someone will think you are clever. That's basically the entire premise of the internet as far as I can tell.

Sir Comeforants, Knight Temporal from in the past

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:29 pm UTC

I think it's time to add another message to this thread.

I did stuff and got 2 As, 2 Bs and a C. I'm carrying the As and the C forward. After that I plan to just carry the As forward. Without context this sounds pretty weird.

Grammar!
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

Ebonite

Postby Ebonite » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:50 pm UTC

intheshax wrote:
Latent22 wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:Quick question: who, if we know, is making these images about Lucky that appear every four hours? I skipped over their origin.
Edit to add that I seem to have reclaimed my old post as Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer. (I'm never a pope. Never.)
Edit2: bajiggles this thread is slow-moving today.

Well I'm currently the one releasing them but I can't claim all the credit as I've got someone else helping out with the content as well. You can have the fun speculating on who that might be.

I have to suppose Ebonite has something to do with it. That's who posted Lucky's dream just before I posted the first luckyONG, which was just Lucky lying there at the time, but then changed to Lucky dreaming that dream. Hasn't posted since. I suppose that could mean anything... or EVERYTHING!

Yes, that was me who posted the picture of the Beanies' dinner with Lucky. :-) I'm still here, but my post rate has been very slow. Those of you who have been around since the beginning may recall that I mentioned in a previous post that I got laid off from my company back in June. I'm still looking for a new position.

I'm not in any serious financial trouble yet, but it's taking a lot of effort trying to find a comparable job that doesn't involve a significant (>33%) pay cut or relocating my family. About all I can do in the evenings is read the OTT without spending a lot of time posting, OTTifying, or contributing in any fun way. :cry:

Roasting Lucky was the first fun thing on the OTT I had time for in quite a while. In any case. . .I'm still here lurking. I'm not in Blitzgirl's basement.
Sir Ebonite, Lord of the Three Holes
"molpy molpy molpy molpy la la la"

azule
Saved

Blind-Post NP1347

Postby azule » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:10 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Also, is awefulsome the same as awesomeful?

It is my suggestion that they are basically the same except through connotation. Awfulsome has the connotation of awful but is still mostly positive. Awesomeful obviously has awesome as its base and the most overall positive word.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

mscha

Postby mscha » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:10 pm UTC

KONGSIDES...

-- posted by newpixbot

Edited to fix viewer link
Last edited by mscha on Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:20 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

higgs-boson

Postby higgs-boson » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:12 pm UTC

mscha wrote:KONGSIDES...

-- posted by newpixbot

If you ever get bored, mscha - what about integrating the manips / mashups and spin-offs in your excellent Time viewer? :-)

I regret that we do not have a good inventory on which books/cinematics we already have addressed.
Apostolic Visitator, Holiest of Holy Fun-Havers
You have questions about XKCD: "Time"? There's a whole Wiki dedicated to it!

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:28 pm UTC

Newpixbot! Hi, newpixbot! :D
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:37 pm UTC

higgs-boson wrote:If you ever get bored, mscha - what about integrating the manips / mashups and spin-offs in your excellent Time viewer? :-)

Mscha had already considered this but abandoned the idea for there is no reliable way to determine the correlation between OTColorization/Manip and the timeframe.
With my database (though not nearly exhaustive - I haven't covered manips at all, only OTColorizations and there is a backlog of about 300 songs which are scraped from the wiki but defy automagic lyrics extraction) there my be a way. If mscha is interested I may be able to provide a way of correlating timeframes and OTColorization, just as I've done now inside the database.
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

higgs-boson

Postby higgs-boson » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:43 pm UTC

Sciscitor wrote:
higgs-boson wrote:If you ever get bored, mscha - what about integrating the manips / mashups and spin-offs in your excellent Time viewer? :-)

Mscha had already considered this but abandoned the idea for there is no reliable way to determine the correlation between OTColorization/Manip and the timeframe.
With my database (though not nearly exhaustive - I haven't covered manips at all, only OTColorizations and there is a backlog of about 300 songs which are scraped from the wiki but defy automagic lyrics extraction) there my be a way. If mscha is interested I may be able to provide a way of correlating timeframes and OTColorization, just as I've done now inside the database.

The manips during the active Time should be placed in context of the proper newpix - no problem there.
Anything what came after, I agree, could be a bit more difficult. For example, I am not sure where I would put the flux capacitor in. Or Thebes. Mh, wait, no, Thebes could be placed to m2840 (however, it should be marked as post-end manip).

More of a problem: Some manips were linked only, not attached. Which makes any automatism for collecting raw data trickier.
Apostolic Visitator, Holiest of Holy Fun-Havers
You have questions about XKCD: "Time"? There's a whole Wiki dedicated to it!

superluminal

Postby superluminal » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:22 pm UTC

I may have discovered a new way to make sand castles out of sand and water. No salt or coffee or ... needed. I've been doing this for a couple of years, but I can't remember whether I saw someone else doing this on a beach or did I just invent this by myself.

The idea is to use very wet sand and to pour it on the construction as "layers". It's hard to give exact instrucions on how wet the sand should be, but I suppose you can figure it out quite easily once you try this. It's essential to build near water so you can take sand easily from the water and add it immediately to the construction.

Here are some photos from this summer. Megan and Cueball were still walkONG when these were taken...

Spoiler:
Do the images have be spoilered like this, or has the forum software been updated?
sand_castle_wet_sand_01.jpg

sand_castle_wet_sand_02b.jpg

sand_castle_wet_sand_03.jpg

(This is just a part of the fortress we built.)

ucim

Postby ucim » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:41 pm UTC

superluminal wrote:I may have discovered a new way to make sand castles out of sand and water. No salt or coffee or ... needed. I've been doing this for a couple of years, but I can't remember whether I saw someone else doing this on a beach or did I just invent this by myself.

The idea is to use very wet sand and to pour it on the construction as "layers". It's hard to give exact instrucions on how wet the sand should be, but I suppose you can figure it out quite easily once you try this. It's essential to build near water so you can take sand easily from the water and add it immediately to the construction.

Here are some photos from this summer. Megan and Cueball were still walkONG when these were taken...
Spoiler:

This is awesomeful and awefulsome!

(I take the two words to be synonymous - both are plays on the fact that "awful" came from "awe-ful", as in awe-inspiring. Negative connotations came later, bringing "awesome" to prominence.)

The castles look like they are being invaded by a horde of writhing, climbing molpies, a-la Dante. Quite treeish.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

Angelastic

Postby Angelastic » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:07 pm UTC

I'm planning to draw a boom-de-yada thingy for something else, so today I skimmed through BlitzGirl's post on tablets, wrote 'Wacom Bamboo Create' on my to-do list, and went out. I found some Wacom Bamboos but no Create, and I bought a not-the-smallest Bamboo Fun (it was either that or what appeared to be the same thing but with anime software instead of PhotoShop Elements), which I now read is what BlitzGirl had in 2008. Hopefully it's a newer model; it looks just like the Bamboo Create picture. Anyway, I eventually managed to get the driver to install and the tutorial to not be in German, and now I can present to you my first tablet drawing: a chibi of Cueball, just done in Inkwell and sent to GraphicConverter because I haven't got around to figuring out how to get the other software yet.

Later, once I've figure out how to use this thing, I might draw a picture of the first two lines of an ottody which I haven't got around to finishing but which I've somehow got stuck in my head anyway.

Redundant
Spoiler:
Redundancy.png
This one was done directly into GraphicConverter, and doesn't look as nice.
Redundancy.png (6.64 KiB) Viewed 13214 times
Chibi Cueball.png
His body is riverish and his head is seaish.
Chibi Cueball.png (3.16 KiB) Viewed 13214 times
Knight Temporal, and Archdeacon of buttermongery and ham and cheese sandwiches. Nobody sells butter except through me.
Image Smiley by yappobiscuits. Avatar by GLR, buffygirl, BlitzGirl & mscha, with cari.j.elliot's idea.
Haiku Detector
starts a trend to make way for
my robot army.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:19 pm UTC

Treeish, Angelastic! Image I just did a check on the Wacom EU site: it looks like the Bamboo Fun you got is identical to a Bamboo Create - the tablet is simply marketed under a different name in the U.S. than it is over there.

Hope you enjoy your new tablet! :)
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Angelastic

Postby Angelastic » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:27 pm UTC

(to the tune of 'Somewhere Out There' from An American Tail)

o/` And even though you've mastered it and I can merely dabble-it,
It's nice to think we might be drawing on the same type tablet!
Knight Temporal, and Archdeacon of buttermongery and ham and cheese sandwiches. Nobody sells butter except through me.
Image Smiley by yappobiscuits. Avatar by GLR, buffygirl, BlitzGirl & mscha, with cari.j.elliot's idea.
Haiku Detector
my robot army.

cellocgw

Postby cellocgw » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:56 pm UTC

superluminal wrote:I may have discovered a new way to make sand castles out of sand and water. No salt or coffee or ... needed. I've been doing this for a couple of years, but I can't remember whether I saw someone else doing this on a beach or did I just invent this by myself.

The idea is to use very wet sand and to pour it on the construction as "layers". I

Spoiler:
Do the images have be spoilered like this, or has the forum software been updated?
sand_castle_wet_sand_01.jpg

sand_castle_wet_sand_02b.jpg

sand_castle_wet_sand_03.jpg

Not to destroy your glee, but we were making castles that way in 1960, and I strongly suspect my Dad taught us that because he'd been doing it that way rather farther into the waywayback.
https://app.box.com/witthoftresume
Former OTTer
Vote cellocgw for President 2020. #ScienceintheWhiteHouse http://cellocgw.wordpress.com
"The Planck length is 3.81779e-33 picas." -- keithl
" Earth weighs almost exactly π milliJupiters" -- what-if #146, note 7

HES

Postby HES » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:15 pm UTC

cellocgw wrote:
superluminal wrote:sandcastles

Not to destroy your glee, but we were making castles that way in 1960, and I strongly suspect my Dad taught us that because he'd been doing it that way rather farther into the waywayback.

He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:18 pm UTC

Angelastic wrote:(to the tune of 'Somewhere Out There' from An American Tail)

Redundant:
Spoiler:

CueganChibi.png
CueganChibi.png (6.25 KiB) Viewed 13099 times

Keywords: Cuegan chibi stick figure Angelastic tablet BGUM
redundant120.png
redundant120.png (193.81 KiB) Viewed 13099 times
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

cellocgw

Postby cellocgw » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:33 pm UTC

HES wrote:
cellocgw wrote:
superluminal wrote:sandcastles

Spoiler:

Hey! How come I got stuck with the hamster :lol: . Just for that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qN72LEQnaU

PS I just wish I ever had that much hair.
Last edited by cellocgw on Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:49 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
https://app.box.com/witthoftresume
Former OTTer
Vote cellocgw for President 2020. #ScienceintheWhiteHouse http://cellocgw.wordpress.com
"The Planck length is 3.81779e-33 picas." -- keithl
" Earth weighs almost exactly π milliJupiters" -- what-if #146, note 7

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:42 pm UTC

Cellocgw the "spoiler quote /spoiler /quote" bug has struck again! Try changing the order of the tags to fix this.

mscha

Postby mscha » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:12 pm UTC

SONGLENESS...

-- posted by newpixbot

Last edited by mscha on Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:21 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

jovialbard

Postby jovialbard » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:46 pm UTC

Since when did newpixbot post 12 minutes after the hour, not that I'm not grateful for his postings on this slow wipend days.
I wrote a book exploring the nature of identity and loss of self! And another book about babies!
Also, vlog and short-story blog

Angelastic

Postby Angelastic » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:20 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Angelastic wrote:(to the tune of 'Somewhere Out There' from An American Tail)

Awww. Image
Haiku Detector
my robot army.

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:25 am UTC

Sciscitor wrote:

For the manips and mashups and stuff, I think the wiki, and Sciscitor's database, are a better solution.
But for the spin-offs...

It's a simplified version of the list & viewer for Time itself, and gets automagically updated when a new Latent22 frame appears.

As y'all have noticed, newpixbot has awoken as well! It's been running irregularly so far, but now I have it posting 30 minutes after the newONG, to give otters a bit more of a chance in these slower Times.
Let me know if y'all have a problem with this, and I'll shut it down.

=-=-=-=

Regarding awesomeful, I've been using “awesomeful” and “awefulsome”, the latter to clarify that it really isn't aweful.

Nice just-in-time OTTherComicing, HES!

(I wish otters wouldn't post-and-run, before checking if their post has broken the forum...)
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:32 am UTC

Saved Quote Post Responses from Several Days Ago:
schwartzbewithyou wrote:Hopefully to help with some of the Post-Time Stress Disorder... I bring you Monomolpy pieces v5.0! Now with improved water transportation!

Redundant:
Spoiler:
Enhance!
Monomolpy pieces 5.png

enhance.png

Wow! The trebuchet and raft are AWESOMEFULL!

Whizbang wrote:Image
From http://xkcd.com/695/

Redundant-:
Spoiler:
Spirit.png

That Othercomic makes me so sad!

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:44 am UTC

Molpy down.

Holy Croce
Spoiler:

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:21 am UTC

Reporting in from normally-sunny-but-cloudy-tonight Utah! Boy, is the midwest boring. Hundreds of miles of flat, boring, shrubby terrain punctuated by salty smelly flats. Was glad to get done with the driving today, and have something to look at (this thread!).
But speaking of which, I was disappointed (but not entirely surprised) to see only a single page generated in my absence: and another definitive bye to boot. Get back here, kazza3, you're not going anywhere! To the basement!
In regards to awefulsomeful, I've been in the habit of using awesomeful as it is clearer to modern english speakers, but I think I let an awefulsome or two slip in recently. They're pretty interchangeable, IMO, as they both convey the intended meaning: the modern usage of awesome with an acknowledgement of the past usage of awful.
Tomorrow we investigate a local exhibit featuring half-excavated dinosaur bones, which I mentioned previously. Will keep an eye out for raptorcats, prehistoric pricklymolps, and other ancient molpies of ambiguous descent. Hopefully it's not a bunch of boring ol' stegosaurs. 'Til then, CHRDRG out!

Also, I just realized today that I was wrong in my last post: the Temeraire book which just came out is in fact the eighth in the series, not the seventh. It's closer to ending than I thought :( Also, not sure what Aluisio was trying to imply with his whole "seven of nine" thing...a reference to something I skimmed?

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:30 am UTC

REASSURONGLY...

-- posted by newpixbot

Last edited by mscha on Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:22 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

MistyCat

Postby MistyCat » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:20 am UTC

Hi there, I'm MistyCat. Male, elderly.
I see XKCD on RSS, and I'm one of the ones who saw only the first frame. Unclean, unclean...
I started blitzing two days ago, I'm now reading Page 100. I shall reach the end.

Mr Munroe, I genuflect in your general direction.

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:32 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Alrighty my dear molpies, from now till Monday I shall be away molpying around listening to lots of heavy metal in a field somewhere in Derbyshire. Something called Bloodstock Festival I think. Anyway, keep the thread warm for me! Don't let it die before I return! Smoke me a kippermolpy, I'll be back for breakfast!
Spoiler:

Redundant:
Spoiler:
redundakitty19.jpg

molpy up and away.jpg

{P1349}
I spent the last two days wandering around Derbyshire - Buxworth, Millers Dale, Monsal Head. The baamolpies do a terrific job of keeping the hills manicured. Back to Lu on Tue.
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:48 am UTC

It's a good thing we have newpixbot here this wipend while we OTTers are molpying about Outside. Image
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

intheshax

Postby intheshax » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:20 am UTC

I would say that with respect to me, the luckyONGs are working. I'm checking in throughout the day to see what's happening. I sense that snapy/lucky showdown brewing!

superluminal

Postby superluminal » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:33 am UTC

Molpy up!

I woke up at 5:30 AM and had this song playing in my head. Of course I had to check if it had been mentioned here - and it hasn't! I found only recentlyr the (ancient) Spotify playlist, and it's not there either! So here you are, a RELATED song that doesn't even have to be OTTified.

r I've followed Time and OTT since the beginning of time, but had to skip dozens of pages now and then. Having the playlists listed under the title "Time Literature" doesn't make them easier to find...

cellocgw wrote:Not to destroy your glee, but we were making castles that way in 1960, and I strongly suspect my Dad taught us that because he'd been doing it that way rather farther into the waywayback.

Nice! I wonder if people will be doing this still in 11 000 years from now... Maybe someone will invent it again.

HES wrote:Image

Ha! :D Thanks, this made me feel much better! Wow, I'm mentioned in an OTTification... Image

Spoiler:
hE3E4749B.jpg

molpy_up.jpg
Edited to add redundancy in spoiler. Caption not yet 100 % OTT.
ETA2: If you liked Nick Drake, check this other song too. It's also slightly RELATED.

ucim

Postby ucim » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:59 am UTC

@AluisioASG - I just realized why you said the latest AotC page was danagerous! Mustard fixed. Thanks, even if I am a little slow. (It's ok, I'm used to waiting for it.) :)

On a note related to other forms of story telling, here is Star Wars in ASCII animation.

Pretty cool, despite a bit of mustard at the end. :)

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

BlitzGirl

OTTercomic #1039

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:51 am UTC

Title text: Amtoo is currently roped up in our basement. We can't tell if he committed heresy, or if it just turns him on.

Redundant:
Spoiler:

OTTercomic1039.png

Keywords: xkcd OTTercomic OTThercomic Othercomic BGUM Beanies pick worst safewords safeword Beanie Amtoo
redundant121.png
redundant121.png (45.29 KiB) Viewed 12680 times
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Goggalor

Postby Goggalor » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:57 am UTC

mscha wrote:As y'all have noticed, newpixbot has awoken as well! It's been running irregularly so far, but now I have it posting 30 minutes after the newONG, to give otters a bit more of a chance in these slower Times.
Let me know if y'all have a problem with this, and I'll shut it down.

I have no problems with newpixbot. It's not doing any harm (at least not yet) and it reminds me of the old times.
Keeper Of The Bags, Protector Of Puns
A Timewaiter from the very beginning to the bitter end.1
1but not from beginning to end to beginning since I'm not a loopist

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:58 am UTC

Speaking of newpixbot, we should have a new luckypix in about 1/30 nopix!
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:09 am UTC

waveney wrote:
thirds wrote:Is there a list, on the wiki or somewhere else, of the unresolved points in the story line? For example:

* Who are/were the hill people
* How long ago were the hill people evacuated by the Beanies
* What did Cueball see floating on the water, when Megan and the 40's welcome party ignored his repeated comments?
* Why did Cuegan and the rest feel safe to disembark the rafts when they did? Where exactly were they?

As for the last point - when there was a night frame on the rafts it was looking South east I think - it is a very different bit of sky from the long night. I have been trying to analyse that this morning - then the laptop decided to lock up and need a total reset... :roll:

Other unresolved points:
* What happened at Gibralter
* What does the writing in other parts of the med indicate?
* Why would the Beanies have their capital on a small island when there is a massive continent not far away?
* How have the Cuganities survived on the shore of a salt lake? They had Yurts - were they nomadic?
* Given only 40 Cugenities - they must be all highly related. There does not appear to be any old Cugenities.
* Megan can read maps and realises there was writing on the tree - are the literate?
* Beanish, Beanish, Beanish. We need enough to write Perl in Beanish.
* Where did everone in the med go?

We should keep a list of open points on the WiKi - I am sure it would be under 3099 items long (for a while).

{P1350}
There is a wiki page of open questions, kindly be so good as to add yours.
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”