1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

azule
Saved

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby azule » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:41 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:FTFY:
Spoiler:

FTFTFY:

Spoiler:
molpygrapevine-ftfy.jpg
Molpy now behind lamppost + outline mustard fixed.

Papal Edit: FTFSomeone. Though, not like I did, but like yappo did.

Edit: Papal Gif Update.
Last edited by azule on Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:13 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

Angelastic

Postby Angelastic » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:07 am UTC

In my coma visions, it was GLR's birthday, and there was a known tradition of sneaking around after him and throwing gifts and birthday greetings and songs at him whenever possible when he was just trying to have a peaceful birthday dinner with his wife and pretending not to want anyone to make a big deal over his birthday. However, he gracefully acknowledged all the successful birthday ninja greeting/gifting attempts by giving us things in exchange. It was all a game.

Spoilered for cakeishness
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Knight Temporal, and Archdeacon of buttermongery and ham and cheese sandwiches. Nobody sells butter except through me.
Image Smiley by yappobiscuits. Avatar by GLR, buffygirl, BlitzGirl & mscha, with cari.j.elliot's idea.
Haiku Detector
starts a trend to make way for
my robot army.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: Nopixly OSH

Postby SBN » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:47 am UTC

pelrigg wrote:@SBN: I'm not sure if I'll be at the midnight showing of Catching Fire (or even see it during the first week), but I do want to see it on the big screen before I get the DVD. (I did the same thing with all three Lord Of The Ring movies: saw them in the theatre before getting the DVDs. In fact, I didn't buy or see the home versions until I saw all three.)

I do have a bit of a connection to Catching Fire, I spent my vacation as background. Remains to be seen if I get to do that with MockingJay. I found myself in the trailer, so I think I'm allowed to say that now. In general, I only watch movies in the theatre, if I try to watch DVDs I end up multi-tasking and ruin it. I don't do midnight showings much though, I've actually done more midnight book releases than movie premiers. In fact, I feel about Time much like I did about Harry Potter, I'm so glad I was here for it, instead of finding out about it later. More power to those such as MistyCat, that found out late, but still resolve to experience it. I don't think I could have done that.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Exodies

Re: who think life is but a joke.

Postby Exodies » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:09 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
Exodies wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:I have two sONGs planned to OTTify: one practicality wrote itself (though not written down yet) and the other I've only got a chorus. Wait for it until my tomorrip.

{P1338}
Oh. Right. Thank you.
Is anyone else thinking?
I don't quite understand what you're saying here. In any case, both sONGs were posted last week.

{P1379}
You posted to tell us you'd thought of something. This seemed like a fruitful source of posts; I was encouraging others to follow the pattern.
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

WOnder93

Postby WOnder93 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:20 am UTC

Quest progress: 962/1405

I have passed the dark times when Cuegan were attacked by the raptorcat and charlie_grumbles left the thread (I really hope to find him posting again further along my quest) and now I am entering the exciting time of night sky watching and analysis.

On page 961, airdrik wrote:Small request of the image-stitchers: stitch together the images of the sky to produce a map of the sky as seen so far (and/or wait until time's morning and produce the full map of the sky).
It could be useful for comparison with the real sky, but mostly just for show, as one of the artifacts of the OTT, like the animations and the panoramas and such.

Now, after seeing this post I couldn't resist, so ... here you have a little (actually 1) Past Present from me - a panorama of the whole sky from the OTC:
Spoiler:
(click to see full size)
It took hours of fiddling with controlpoints but the result is worth it. I also made an SVG version with constellations and planets marked.

Technical details and source files:
Spoiler:
Software used: Hugin; Inkscape for the SVG
Panorama projection: stereographical
Panorama HFOV: 105°
Approximate HFOV of frames: 45°
TimeFrames used: 2396-2474 (except the meteor frames 2440a-e and chirping frames 2466, 2470, 2472)
Source files - Dropbox (as .zip)

Some funny posts from the Past:
Spoiler:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

On page 902, Zorin_75 wrote:
HES wrote:I'm surprised no-one's done a gif of 2233/2234. Whackamolpy!

Like this?

This looks like Megan found Cueball cheating on her with the raptorcat and went mad :D

EDIT:
Well, it seems I have been actually future-past-ninja'd by NoMouse with the sky panorama :oops: But I'm still new with the constellations added (at least up to NP 966 so far... :D).
The OTT via Markov chain generator wrote:I've been following the thread to be lost.
Time created Cueball and Megan and says, Well, it's research.

On my quest to catch up with the Present - progress
The Sky of Time || OTT plaintext scraper || Userscript: floating user profile

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:14 pm UTC

I am almost done with working through the backlog of the database, which by now is de-mustarded, if not current. There are all song lyrics entered and almost all posting data.
I am still missing (and can't seem to find) when the following OTColorizations have been posted the first time in the OTT:
Spoiler:
    * Image for frame 6 by Eliram
    * Image for frame 1073 by hillperson
    * Image for frame 1129 by ggh
    * Image for frame 1324 by hillperson
    * Image for frame 1424 by mscha
    * Image for frame 1933 by Zorin_75

If someone knows when the first appeared I would appreciate a link to this post. Thanks!

Many thanks also to waveney for his advice on my DNS question in PM!
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

StormAngel

5th Post!

Postby StormAngel » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:58 pm UTC

ggh wrote:Happy 100th!
Storm
Angel!

Thanks for the neat cakes!

Looks like I'm currently hanging out with Google [Bot], Maugrim, orthogon, [myself] and 21 guests.
Go Blitzers Go!!
There's enough cake to share, y'all - go on, grab a piece ImageImage
(No Corinne, you already had a piece... Okay, but just a riverish one)

@TheMinim I am glad you liked her hat; though it doesn't look like she'd part with it easily regardless.
I'd tried to shrink a Beanie's beanie to fit her, but ended up just drawing knitting one myself :D
Oelpr Jnhar, Knight of the Chronological Order, Protector of Othamburg
"HELLO. MY NAME IS STORMANGEL. YOU OTCOLORED MY NOPICES. PREPARE TO GO CAVE."
yappobiscuits wrote:"I wanna be redundant too! Lemme be redundant! C'monnn!"

My OTTifications on Imgur
Spoiler:
Ch*rp

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:15 pm UTC

WOnder93 wrote:Quest progress: 962/1405

I have passed the dark times when Cuegan were attacked by the raptorcat and charlie_grumbles left the thread (I really hope to find him posting again further along my quest) and now I am entering the exciting time of night sky watching and analysis.

On page 961, airdrik wrote:Small request of the image-stitchers: stitch together the images of the sky to produce a map of the sky as seen so far (and/or wait until time's morning and produce the full map of the sky).
It could be useful for comparison with the real sky, but mostly just for show, as one of the artifacts of the OTT, like the animations and the panoramas and such.

Now, after seeing this post I couldn't resist, so ... here you have a little (actually 1) Past Present from me - a panorama of the whole sky from the OTC:
Spoiler:
(click to see full size)
It took hours of fiddling with controlpoints but the result is worth it. I also made an SVG version with constellations and planets marked.

Technical details and source files:
Spoiler:
Software used: Hugin; Inkscape for the SVG
Panorama projection: stereographical
Panorama HFOV: 105°
Approximate HFOV of frames: 45°
TimeFrames used: 2396-2474 (except the meteor frames 2440a-e and chirping frames 2466, 2470, 2472)
Source files - Dropbox (as .zip)

Some funny posts from the Past:
<snip>
EDIT:
Well, it seems I have been actually future-past-ninja'd by NoMouse with the sky panorama :oops: But I'm still new with the constellations added (at least up to NP 966 so far... :D).

WOW! Sea-ish and most tree-ish panoramas WOnder93. By the Time you reach here you'll see that there were other panoramas made, but all of those included a horizon frame, so yours is actually the first to make a sky dome with only the sky. And then you added the constellation lines and planet markers. Peach-a-tronic....
These should be put onto the Long-Night page of the wiki. Or at least linked to. Or given their own page on the wiki as a page two of the Long Night. (Less than subtle hint to any wiki-warriors handy...)
Again WOnder93: WOW-SER-VILLE!!! Extremely neat and brilliant!
And also: Good Blitzing! Go, WOnder93, Go!!
-------------------------------
Edit To Add:
I gave StormAngel a pre-100th post congratulation when he was on 99, and now I'll give him a post-100th post congratulation on his 101st. Way to go for your first century mark SA!

And I'm here with "ronaldkr and 9 guests" all of the sudden.
Edit 2:
And of course that changed by the time I submitted the edit. Now I see " marchlight, mrob27, nsub1, shenazrtgp and 7 guests".
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Molpy up!

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:30 pm UTC

@WOnder93: Awesomeful panorama! Thanks! Image
@MistyCat: Best of luck on your blitz! Congratulations on making it this far!

StormAngel wrote:
Spoiler:
Corinne wrote: Why would you want pepperoni? Why not settle for a nice squirpy?

yappobiscuits wrote:Also yay, you have a new avatar! Hi Corinne! She needs hatted now...

Yes, greetings and salutations, Corinne!
Why would you want a hat? Why not settle for a nice Beanie beanie?
Here, I found this sitting on a rock last wix, one of the kids must've left it behind.
Image wrote:Thanksssss, how do I look, ▓░▒▒?

Neat! Wait - how do you know my real name?
Image wrote:How did you know I'd put the beanie on?

I see your point fang.
*hears chainsaw start in the distance*
Image wrote:Happy 100 postssss, I believe I can sssmell a cake in the near future

Well get us a piece apiece, would you?
*runs and hides*
Image wrote:Hey Blitzgirl, can you help me cut the cake please?

Huh, I could have sworn I heard some punning over here... oh well. ImageImage *goes to cut up the cake*
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

BlitzGirl

OTTercomic #1159

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:34 pm UTC

Quiet dip, todip. Have an OTTercomic (pelrigg gets to be in it because he was here):

Countdown

Maybe we should just Wait for it.

Redundant:
Spoiler:

OTTercomic1159.png

Keywords: BGUM OTTercomic OTThercomic Othercomic countdown xkcd time two think forget move newpix wait
redundant137.png
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:31 pm UTC

Sciscitor wrote:I am almost done with working through the backlog of the database, which by now is de-mustarded, if not current. There are all song lyrics entered and almost all posting data.

Thanks for the work. I checked it out earlier and it was neat. I did notice a mustard in one of my songs, Poetry & Prose: for one line it said "spoiler" instead of the spoilered line itself. And & said &amp;. I don't know if it's fixed now.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:52 pm UTC

In seaish OTT news, we have officially passed the "Count to a Million" game thread, which was started in 2008H and currently has 1398 pages (versus our 1405 newpages). Excellent otting, everymolpy! Image
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:14 pm UTC

As PagePope, I declare all who post on this page (and follow my decree) to be Millionaires, in celebration!

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:38 pm UTC

Molpy home! Wolpies happy!
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:53 pm UTC

MOLPY UP. And then molpy go on hike. Then molpy come back from hike and molpy have dindins. NOW molpy ketchup.
HES wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:
Exodies wrote:{P1374}
I found this pub in Lancashire
FTFY:
Spoiler:

Screw photoshop, it's only down the road1! Let's do this!

YES.
HES wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:But nevertheless, molpying down now anyway. This is weirdly early for me, but I've been weirdly tired all day, so...

But, but, shenanigans! :(

Worry not I'm here now. SHENANIGANS.
pelrigg wrote:First off, I took a little break to do another OTTcolor. (I seem to have better luck with them than with OTComicing.)

It's while they're looking back at the sea halfway up the mountain.
Spoiler:

Pretty! :mrgreen:
azule wrote:Image
FTFTFY:
Spoiler:

Aha, thankyou. For putting the lampost in front anyway. I did notice that error RIGHT AFTER posting it. But the outline was not mustard, it was deliberate so that the molpies were visible against the dark background.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:58 pm UTC

I want to be a Millionaire! :D
Here, FTFY pagepope azule:
Redundant:
Spoiler:

AzulePopeHat.gif
AzulePopeHat.gif (1.74 KiB) Viewed 15584 times

Keywords: BGUM azule pagepope pope fox smiley emoticon animated hat
redundant138.png
redundant138.png (182.74 KiB) Viewed 15584 times
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

pelrigg

Re: OTTercomic #1159

Postby pelrigg » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:01 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Quiet dip, todip. Have an OTTercomic (pelrigg gets to be in it because he was here):

Countdown

Maybe we should just Wait for it.

Redundant:
Spoiler:

OTTercomic1159.png

Keywords: BGUM OTTercomic OTThercomic Othercomic countdown xkcd time two think forget move newpix wait
redundant137.png

WooHoo! I've finally made it into another OTTcomic! (The first was, of course, "We Love the Thread 2" and I did have a walk-on in one.) But, yeah, a "major speaking" role.
It's a tree-ish comic no matter who was your straight man in it, BlitzGirl.
Kind of sorry I wasn't here when it went up though. [I had to go "Outside" and buy my weekly groceries. It's a real pain being a hunger-crazed-food-addict. You start eating cardboard, paper towels, dirty socks (but only the left ones)... It gets kinda pathetic...]

BlitzGirl wrote:In seaish OTT news, we have officially passed the "Count to a Million" game thread, which was started in 2008H and currently has 1398 pages (versus our 1405 newpages). Excellent otting, everymolpy! Image

And we hit 1405 NPs in something like 5 monthsH and 5 hoursH vs. their 4 1/2+ yearsH. However we can't rest on our laurels, since they still have over 900,000 posts left to make it to their goal.
So keep it up OTTers. Let's get a million posts before they do!!!!!

And a "preview" edit:
@SBN: Glad to hear you made it home safe and sound. (A great version [of the hundreds out there] of the best "coming home" song I know:Taj Mahal: Six Days On The Road)
Last edited by pelrigg on Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:56 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:05 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Aha, thankyou. For putting the lampost in front anyway. I did notice that error RIGHT AFTER posting it. But the outline was not mustard, it was deliberate so that the molpies were visible against the dark background.

Hah, yw. Sorry for demustarding nonmustard. I thought what I thought, but also that molpies were supposed to be difficult to find, so I thought it made sense to make that change. *shrug*

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:07 pm UTC

azule wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:Aha, thankyou. For putting the lampost in front anyway. I did notice that error RIGHT AFTER posting it. But the outline was not mustard, it was deliberate so that the molpies were visible against the dark background.

Hah, yw. Sorry for demustarding nonmustard. I thought what I thought, but also that molpies were supposed to be difficult to find, so I thought it made sense to make that change. *shrug*

Hmm, that's true! Maybe your version does make more sense then!

BlitzGirl

Nopixly OSH

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:09 pm UTC

OSH

This is Cueball.
What newpix is he from?

Redundant:
Spoiler:

OSH026.png
OSH026.png (1.29 KiB) Viewed 15560 times

Keywords: BGOSH
redundant139.png
redundant139.png (105.48 KiB) Viewed 15560 times
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:20 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I want to be a Millionaire! :D
Here, FTFY pagepope azule:

Congrats to our first OTT Millionaire, BlitzGirl The Rich (or another suitable title)!

Plus awesomeful second gift of the first gift given by the very same you!!! :)

pelrigg

Re: Nopixly OSH

Postby pelrigg » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:27 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
OSH

This is Cueball.
What newpix is he from?

Redundant:
Spoiler:

OSH026.png

Keywords: BGOSH
redundant139.png

First I thought it was during the "Sandcastle Era", but no, nothing matched then I remembered M2207:

ggh

Postby ggh » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:31 pm UTC

Sciscitor wrote:I am almost done with working through the backlog of the database, which by now is de-mustarded, if not current. There are all song lyrics entered and almost all posting data.
I am still missing (and can't seem to find) when the following OTColorizations have been posted the first time in the OTT:
Spoiler:
    * Image for frame 6 by Eliram
    * Image for frame 1073 by hillperson
    * Image for frame 1129 by ggh
    * Image for frame 1324 by hillperson
    * Image for frame 1424 by mscha
    * Image for frame 1933 by Zorin_75

If someone knows when the first appeared I would appreciate a link to this post. Thanks!

Good on ya, Sciscitor!

Here's mine on page 545:
viewtopic.php?p=3348569#p3348569

And it looks like mscha's treeish (tho treeless) river through the desert first appeared on 656:
viewtopic.php?p=3359791#p3359791

higgs-boson wrote:
ggh wrote:I've just seen The Never-ending Story for the first time - now I understand Angelastic's OTTification of it on page 426 - yay!

The cinematic is, excusez-moi, unholy, heretic, need-a-new-footnote-for-that crap - at least compared to the book. True as toasted toadsBags!. Read the book. Please. Pretty-Please.

Bags!I mean it.

Thanks - good to know! I'll keep that in mind for when the wee one is old enough for a-chapter-at-a-time bedtime stories. Might take a while... she's not quite 1 now, but we'll
Spoiler:
wait for it.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:31 pm UTC

That's the one, pelrigg! I was trying to be sneaky. :mrgreen:

pelrigg wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:In seaish OTT news, we have officially passed the "Count to a Million" game thread, which was started in 2008H and currently has 1398 pages (versus our 1405 newpages). Excellent otting, everymolpy! Image

And we hit 1405 NPs in something like 5 monthsH and 5 hoursH vs. their 4 1/2+ yearsH. However we can't rest on our laurels, since the still have over 900,000 posts left to make it to their goal.
So keep it up OTTers. Let's get a million posts before they do!!!!!

Yes, let's all be Millionaires!!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:42 pm UTC

{P1381}
For the decree:
I gave up my job at the shoe recycling factory. It was sole destroying.
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

BlueCrab

Postby BlueCrab » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:31 pm UTC

Blindposting from the top of np1279:
bmonk wrote:BTW, am I Pope for a page? Do we still have them? A Blitzer Pope--is that heresy, like an Anti-pope?

However, I have no momentous decrees to decree. Except, perhaps, to decree that I will make no decrees.

Mourning the loss of molpys is acceptable.

Well, this is the 11th post on np1279 now (and I'm pretty sure we caught all the firstposts one way or another :)) but your earlier post on the same day is currently in the pope position so you're pope no matter what! :P

And as BlitzGirl pointed out, it's all good:
BlitzGirl wrote:I think the papacy is a good tradition to continue - one of its purposes was to make each newpage more exciting while we Waited for it, and now we're Waiting harder than we ever have before...

And nope, not heresy - we've had blitzer and ketchup popes before. :)

Diving back into the ketchup vat...
Wiki Wiki Wiki Wiki Grapevine, Grapevine

"Kvetcher-upper" -- one who complains while ketchupping? - CasCat

“Pretty much everything tastes better if you eat it in the shower.” - ggh

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:34 pm UTC

Exodies wrote:{P1381}
For the decree:
I gave up my job at the shoe recycling factory. It was sole destroying.

Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Ketchup

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:43 pm UTC

ucim wrote:@Eternal Density - I love the comic you made which has, as its fourth panel, a compendium of the previous three panels showing different places ottifications come from (which, although it comes with its own bulit-in redundancy, was delivered with a redunakitty (which was itself ottified, of course)) Not only did the redundaspolier contain all the elements of the redundant ottification comic, but it contained a copy of itself, whose fourth panel, a compendium of the previous three panels showing different places ottifications come from (which, although it comes with its own built-in redundancy, would probably have been delivered with an ottified redundakitty except that spoilers, while redundant, cannot be redundified.)

Eternal Density wrote:Sorry but you're third to link it.
Shouldn't that be thirds' job?
a) I'm glad you liked it because you liked it and I'm glad.
b) I saw that joke coming :P
StormAngel wrote:Hope ya don't mind, I decided to ImageTFY:

Is it my imagination or is Cueball's head expanding?
Flado wrote:
Back on NP905, Eternal Density wrote:For those who have also noticed that which BlitzGirl has noticed:
Shaal guvat, V svtherq vg jbhyq or sha gb zlfgvsl crbcyr ol pbhagvat qbja sebz gjragl be znlor qbja gb fbzrguvat fcrpvsvp naq gura V qvfpbirerq gung gurl jrer gur fnzr guvat.

Bayl va erny gvzr, gubhtu.

Blitzer-friendly version:
Spoiler:
Back on NP905, Eternal Density wrote:For those who have also noticed that which BlitzGirl has noticed:
Funny thing, I figured it would be fun to mystify people by counting down from twenty or maybe down to something specific and then I discovered that they were the same thing.

Only in real time, though.

Baobabs, that was 500 pages ago!
Last edited by Eternal Density on Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:59 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

yappobiscuits

Re: Blindposting from 1401-3

Postby yappobiscuits » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:57 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Is it my imagination or is Cueball's head expanding?

Wait a mustardin' minute... what if that's not Cueball, and it's Expando without his hat, pretending to be Cueball!

Eternal Density

It's a question!

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:10 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:

Wait a mustardin' minute... what if that's not Cueball, and it's Expando without his hat, pretending to be Cueball?
FTFY
HES wrote:Molpyus Downipitus: A common side affect of suddenly realising you have to up and outside on a bicycle in 6 nopix
Spoiler:

Cute!
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:15 pm UTC

Did anyone notice the puzzle on the previous page?
If yes, do you need more clues?
If no, gimme a minute to change a number in there (it's a chaotic function).
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:15 pm UTC

Eternal Density (in subject) wrote:It's a question!

Steambottle. Fine. But it IS also an exclamation, so...
yappobiscuits wrote:

Wait a mustardin' minute... what if that's not Cueball, and it's Expando without his hat, pretending to be Cueball!?

FTFM

Eternal Density

Mustard

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:18 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:
Eternal Density (in subject) wrote:It's a question!

Steambottle. Fine. But it IS also an exclamation, so...
yappobiscuits wrote:

Wait a mustardin' minute... what if that's not Cueball, and it's Expando without his hat, pretending to be Cueball‽

FTFM
InterrobangedTFY

Also here's a find selection of mustard:
http://thedailywtf.com/Articles/-You-WI ... ELSE!.aspx

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:42 pm UTC

Congrats to Millionaires yappobiscuits and Eternal Density!

SBN
Saved

Postby SBN » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:46 pm UTC

AluisioASG wrote:Did anyone notice the puzzle on the previous page?
If no, gimme a minute to change a number in there (it's a chaotic function).

I noticed it, but yeah, I'll need more clues, or more brain cells, or both.

Here's a puzzle I heard on my drive. What is notable about the Roman numeral 38?

Some Ways to Time

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:59 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:Did anyone notice the puzzle on the previous page?

I noticed it, but yeah, I'll need more clues, or more brain cells, or both.

Ok. The first one will stay unchanged. Try it.
AluisioASG wrote:
A hundred came before 923. We didn't get 10 mix.

SBN wrote:Here's a puzzle I heard on my drive. What is notable about the Roman numeral 38?

That you didn't type a Roman numeral?

But yeah, Roman general Duodētrīgintā was known for having conquered Persia.
(Sorry. The only other answer I came up with was related to tic-tac-toe.)
Selecting new quote…

ucim

Postby ucim » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:08 am UTC

pelrigg wrote:Kind of sorry I wasn't here when it went up though. [I had to go "Outside" and buy my weekly groceries. It's a real pain being a hunger-crazed-food-addict. You start eating cardboard, paper towels, dirty socks (but only the left ones)... It gets kinda pathetic...]
It's wrong to not eat the right ones... because when you're done, all the rest are left.

Eternal Density wrote:b) I saw that joke coming :P
Yeah, but who saw the saw coming?

Trouble with being a millionaire is all the taxes. How do you tax posts anyway?

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

cellocgw

Postby cellocgw » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:15 am UTC

SBN wrote:
Here's a puzzle I heard on my drive. What is notable about the Roman numeral 38?

It's the Bruins' original channel?

Yeah yeah I know, it's palindromic.
https://app.box.com/witthoftresume
Former OTTer
Vote cellocgw for President 2020. #ScienceintheWhiteHouse http://cellocgw.wordpress.com
"The Planck length is 3.81779e-33 picas." -- keithl
" Earth weighs almost exactly π milliJupiters" -- what-if #146, note 7

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:15 am UTC

ucim wrote:Trouble with being a millionaire is all the taxes. How do you post taxes anyway?

FTFY. Now I'll transfer my citizenship to San Serrife.
Selecting new quote…

bmonk
Location: Schitzoed in the OTT between the 2100s and the late 900s. Hoping for singularity.

Postby bmonk » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:17 am UTC

Wahhooo! And with real content--more or less.

ETA: XXXVIII is the highest number that is not a possible score in Roman Football?
Last edited by bmonk on Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:22 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Having become a Wizard on n.p. 2183, the Yellow Piggy retroactively appointed his honorable self a Temporal Wizardly Piggy on n.p.1488, not to be effective until n.p. 2183, thereby avoiding a partial temporal paradox. Since he couldn't afford two philosophical PhDs to rule on the title.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”