1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
Eternal Density
Posts: 5589
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:37 am UTC
Contact:

cookie time

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:12 am UTC

Yay now the causality enforcer is unlocked and I can double my time machines... oh wait that costs over 1.2 trillion cookies :(
BlitzGirl save me!
ETA cookie overlord decree: bake ALL the cookies.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

User avatar
yappobiscuits
Posts: 2847
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:41 am UTC
Location: The Sea
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:33 am UTC

For the pope cookie overlord - some RELATED cookies:
Spoiler:
Time:
Image

Castles:
Image

Redundakitties:
Image

Squirpies:
Image

Treeish:
Image
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT
Image

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9116
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:50 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Yay now the causality enforcer is unlocked and I can double my time machines... oh wait that costs over 1.2 trillion cookies :(
BlitzGirl save me!
ETA cookie overlord decree: bake ALL the cookies.

I found a cookie and it is RELATED. Only 1,199,999,999,999 to go! :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
Image
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:50 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
AluisioASG
Posts: 2339
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:43 am UTC
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:50 am UTC

I need to research how to properly draw maps. And find another brush set.
Otter Lands.png
I tried to upload the full version even to S3, but it didn't work.


For pope: look at my sig. Look at those foxeses. Keep looking...
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9116
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:56 am UTC

Looking good, Aluisio!
(If the image is too big in filesize, perhaps consider saving as a jpg?)

For cookie overlord (inspired by Aluisio's sig):
Spoiler:
Image

Note to any far-off future blitzers: sig looks like this:ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
mrob27
Posts: 1336
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:19 am UTC
Location: ]〖  
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mrob27 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:04 am UTC

azule wrote:
mrob27 wrote:
Spoiler:
Image
Neat drawring. Drawing is original, if not the concept, yes?

Yep, definitely my drawing. Maybe my idea too, but if so I had amnesia later. I asked a lot of people and searched around but can't find an original source for the idea. Since I "invent" music which so often turns out to be simply old music remembered, I doubt myself a lot.

ucim wrote:@mrob27 - I would like to heap infinite praise upon the finitist, but I guess that wouldn't work, would it! :)


The finitist would claim that your praise is finite.

To both of you (@ucim and @azule), I realized that I've written a better version of "Stump the Finitist", making the ridicule of finitism more clear, but never drew it. I'll draw up and post a better version soon...

azule wrote:One is the One True Font. The other I found on XKCDSW. I have Humor Sans, too.

I'm lost in the mustard, and still need better links...

On the "We Make XKCD Slightly Worse" thread I found a font called "FauxkC", but it doesn't look anything like the writing in your "Questions" OTTification.

I found "xkcd regular on the same forum, it seems molpier.

And it appears that the phrase "One True Font" mainly refers to something called "System8x12", which doesn't look like GLR's writing at all...

BlitzGirl wrote:@mrob:[/color] Treeish OTTerOthercomic! (Not to be confused with an OTTercomic, which is an ottification of an xkcd Othercomic, or an OtherOtherComic, which is a non-xkcd comic, or an OtherOTTercomic, which is an ottification of a non-xkcd OtherOtherComic...)


Oh yeah, I wanted to ask about that.

Here we have two ottifications of OtherComic 170:

* By irino, OTT 1357:0

* By HES, OTT 1358:21

In one, OTC dialogue is put into an OC drawing, with no other changes (i.e. all GLR's creation except for the work of putting one set of words into the other drawing). In the other, we have the OC dialogue and the OTC drawing. But either case, it's an ottification, which is defined as
someOTTer on the OTW wrote:An adaptation of an Outside song, poem, or other work to fit the One True Comic or One True Thread (OTT)
and I note specifically that all xkcd's apart from #1190 are "Outside" works.

Those two #170's would be on the "least OTTer input" end of the spectrum, in the middle of the spectrum would be my OTT-if * and at the other (or "OTTer", fearing the chainsaw) end of the spectrum is something like BlitzGirl's lovely sketch that is part of a sequel or outside-canon OTC plot developments, but still an ottification by definition.

I'd say my "Stump the Finitist" is totally Outsider and not OT-anything, but all the rest are in an equivalent class -- right?

*P.S. my OTT-if is already 4 newpages in the past, way to go fellow OTTers!
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
Image
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

User avatar
Eternal Density
Posts: 5589
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:37 am UTC
Contact:

0x5f3759df

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:13 am UTC

Yay so many related cookies!
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9116
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:34 am UTC

mrob27 wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:@mrob:Treeish OTTerOthercomic! (Not to be confused with an OTTercomic, which is an ottification of an xkcd Othercomic, or an OtherOtherComic, which is a non-xkcd comic, or an OtherOTTercomic, which is an ottification of a non-xkcd OtherOtherComic...)
Spoiler:
Oh yeah, I wanted to ask about that.

Here we have two ottifications of OtherComic 170:

* By irino, OTT 1357:0

* By HES, OTT 1358:21

In one, OTC dialogue is put into an OC drawing, with no other changes (i.e. all GLR's creation except for the work of putting one set of words into the other drawing). In the other, we have the OC dialogue and the OTC drawing. But either case, it's an ottification, which is defined as
someOTTer on the OTW wrote:An adaptation of an Outside song, poem, or other work to fit the One True Comic or One True Thread (OTT)
and I note specifically that all xkcd's apart from #1190 are "Outside" works.

Those two #170's would be on the "least OTTer input" end of the spectrum, in the middle of the spectrum would be my OTT-if * and at the other (or "OTTer", fearing the chainsaw) end of the spectrum is something like BlitzGirl's lovely sketch that is part of a sequel or outside-canon OTC plot developments, but still an ottification by definition.
I'd say my "Stump the Finitist" is totally Outsider and not OT-anything, but all the rest are in an equivalent class -- right?

Sounds right to me - ottifications vary in just how RELATED they are to the OTC and/or OTT, but they're all ottifications. :)

Now for some BlitzGirl naming silliness:

I called yours an OTTerOtherComic because it's an OtherOtherComic (a comic of non-xkcd origin, like Garfield) but authored by an OTTer (yay!). This is different from an OtherOTTercomic (an ottified OtherOtherComic such as Garfield turned into a molpy). If somebody were to ottify your comic, which is an OTTer-authored OTTerOtherComic, it would then become an OTTerOTTerComic - an entirely new art form that I do not believe has been glimpsed yet in the OTT. Adding Cuegan to one of Kieryn's obelisk slides, for example, would make it an OTTerOTTerComic.

...And, since as far as I know I'm the only one that buys into this silly naming system, this is all irrelevant.
:wink:

For pope, RELATED raptorcat cookies:
Spoiler:
Image

And on another RELATED note, the latest Othercomic is up. Ha! I'm the first to post it in the OTT!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
Eternal Density
Posts: 5589
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:37 am UTC
Contact:

First!

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:53 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:And on another RELATED note, the latest Othercomic is up. Ha! I'm the first to post it in the OTT!
Image
Redundant:
Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
first.png
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9116
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:59 am UTC

Yay! Raptorcatish ottification, ED! But that spoiler...so hypnotizing...I think Aluisio was right...
Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
yappobiscuits
Posts: 2847
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:41 am UTC
Location: The Sea
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:24 am UTC

Treeish speedy ottifying, Image!
BlitzGirl wrote:Now for some BlitzGirl naming silliness:

I called yours an OTTerOtherComic because it's an OtherOtherComic (a comic of non-xkcd origin, like Garfield) but authored by an OTTer (yay!). This is different from an OtherOTTercomic (an ottified OtherOtherComic such as Garfield turned into a molpy). If somebody were to ottify your comic, which is an OTTer-authored OTTerOtherComic, it would then become an OTTerOTTerComic - an entirely new art form that I do not believe has been glimpsed yet in the OTT. Adding Cuegan to one of Kieryn's obelisk slides, for example, would make it an OTTerOTTerComic.

...And, since as far as I know I'm the only one that buys into this silly naming system, this is all irrelevant.
:wink:

That makes... perfect sense, once you get your head around it! (Which admittedly takes a while, it does rather mustard the brain up at first...) Doesn't matter if no one else buys into it, it's not like this place is particularly big on standards...
ni ni ni molpy molpy molpy molpy grapevine grapevine redundakitty ping pong ball
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT
Image

User avatar
mscha
Posts: 6907
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm UTC
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mscha » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:30 am UTC

SIAMONGS...
Image

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Image
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:
Image
Image

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9116
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:37 am UTC

Hi, newpixbot! Thanks for keeping me company. :)

(Psst, have you seen mscha lately? It's been a wip or so since he's posted. I'll slip you a robot cookie if you'll go on a search-and-rescue mission...)
Spoiler:
Image
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
Neil_Boekend
Posts: 3220
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:35 am UTC
Location: Yes.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:39 am UTC

azule wrote:Image - shh.

Please enjoy this odetity of xkcd#1256.
Image
135 questions included (as was the original).

That's simply brillulous.

ETA: 11MC/sec
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

User avatar
ChronosDragon
Posts: 1852
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:42 am UTC
Location: [~]

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ChronosDragon » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:50 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:That's simply brillulous.

ETA: 11MC/sec


I'm only at 7.8 MC/sec but I've left it idle for long periods of time. And I didn't realize until I'd done it a few times that selling old structures doesn't really help much.
Image

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9116
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:53 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:ETA: 11MC/sec

I'm only at 7.8 MC/sec but I've left it idle for long periods of time. And I didn't realize until I'd done it a few times that selling old structures doesn't really help much.

I'm at 23 MC/sec but I need to work on my impulses...I keep buying cheaper structures to unlock upgrades when I really should be saving up for the Time Machines...

...

...Have I learned NOTHING from the OTT?! Wait for Time! Wait for it!


For pope: I was googling cookies and this sounds really good for some reason...
Spoiler:
REDUNDACOOKIE!
Image
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
yappobiscuits
Posts: 2847
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:41 am UTC
Location: The Sea
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:59 am UTC

More RELATED cookies... hatted otters!
Image
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT
Image

User avatar
Eternal Density
Posts: 5589
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:37 am UTC
Contact:

Puns for the punsaw!

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:00 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:For pope: I was googling cookies and this sounds really good for some reason...
Spoiler:
REDUNDACOOKIE!
Image
If you put oreo chip cookies in a cookie-shaped cookie museum that would make an interesting xzibit.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

User avatar
yappobiscuits
Posts: 2847
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:41 am UTC
Location: The Sea
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:02 am UTC

Especially if you put oreo chip cookies on a cookie-shaped pedestal in a cookie-shaped room in the cookie-shaped museum.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT
Image

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9116
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:09 am UTC

Yo wolpy!

More cookie-cookies:
Spoiler:
Image
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
Neil_Boekend
Posts: 3220
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:35 am UTC
Location: Yes.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:10 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:ETA: 11MC/sec

I'm only at 7.8 MC/sec but I've left it idle for long periods of time. And I didn't realize until I'd done it a few times that selling old structures doesn't really help much.

I'm at 23 MC/sec but I need to work on my impulses...I keep buying cheaper structures to unlock upgrades when I really should be saving up for the Time Machines..

I spend millions of cookies on a misinterpretation of the Neverclick achievment.
I thought I just needed to get the cookies per click up to 66.666,7 and click 15 times, to make 1MC with 15 clicks. Now I understand the name: you must make 1MC before you click more than 15 times (which means you can't click anymore after you can buy the first cursor. Then you gotta wait for the cursor to pay for a new cursor. Then wait for those two to pay for a new cursor and so on until you reach 1MC. Since I already clicked 2.779 times this achievement is impossible to reach without a reset. Hmm, but if I reset at the right point I can reach some of the hidden achievments, to be precise: Sacrifice, Oblivion and From Scratch).

Oh and there is a wiki for it
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

User avatar
Eternal Density
Posts: 5589
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:37 am UTC
Contact:

foxy foxy foxy foxy foxy foxy foxy foxy cookie cookie!

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:14 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Yo wolpy!

More cookie-cookies:
Spoiler:
Image
Treeish. And yeah I was thinking of "Yo wolpy" also :D
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

User avatar
yappobiscuits
Posts: 2847
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:41 am UTC
Location: The Sea
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:24 am UTC

Image
Spoiler:
yo wolpy.jpg
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT
Image

User avatar
Eternal Density
Posts: 5589
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:37 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:27 am UTC

Steakish job yappo!
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9116
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:32 am UTC

Question: Would the newpix change at the same Time, or would they be staggered? Would one newpix change at a faster rate?

Or is Xzibit a raptorish fiend who deliberately "forgot" the Javascript so the newpix will always be stuck on Newpix One?!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
Exodies
Posts: 919
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:36 pm UTC
Location: Blackwaterside

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Exodies » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:34 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:What happened to my poor tablet was that it got packed in a moving box with other flat, somewhat fragile rectangular objects of the same size, including picture frames and a mirror. All of the objects were wrapped in bubble wrap, but somewhere en route the mirror shattered, and the shards sliced through the bubble wrap and wreaked havoc on everything else in the box, including the tablet. That's how it ended up with etches in its surface.

And that's when you switched from sketching to etching.
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

User avatar
yappobiscuits
Posts: 2847
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:41 am UTC
Location: The Sea
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:41 am UTC

BlitzGirl - I think the inner one would change at a faster rate. After all, the whole point is waiting for it while you wait for it! If they change at the same rate at the same time, it's really just waiting for it. If that makes sense. :P

And I dunno about Xzibit, but Yappo is a raptorish fiend who didn't even make any other newpix, let alone javascript, so you can wait for it all you want but it won't change... although this is the OTT, I wouldn't put it past people to do so...
Last edited by yappobiscuits on Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:43 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT
Image

User avatar
Eternal Density
Posts: 5589
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:37 am UTC
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time" Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:42 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Question: Would the newpix change at the same Time, or would they be staggered? Would one newpix change at a faster rate?

Or is Xzibit a raptorish fiend who deliberately "forgot" the Javascript so the newpix will always be stuck on Newpix One?!
The inner newpix goes all the way through Time and then loops back to the start as the outer newpix steps forward by 1, making 9,603,801 unique newpix.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

User avatar
yappobiscuits
Posts: 2847
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:41 am UTC
Location: The Sea
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:44 am UTC

Yes ED, that's exactly how it should be done!

And all of time would be measured according to this new system. "It's currently 2371 shortpix past 253 longpix"...
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT
Image

User avatar
Eternal Density
Posts: 5589
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:37 am UTC
Contact:

lONG time

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:49 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Yes ED, that's exactly how it should be done!

And all of time would be measured according to this new system. "It's currently 2371 shortpix past 253 longpix"...
That's 89.7142 yips.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9116
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:50 am UTC

Either those longpix are fairly long or those shortpix are pretty short...

*stares at yappo's manip, Waiting for it*
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
ergman
Posts: 1213
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:24 am UTC
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ergman » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:56 am UTC

--Blindpost--

Just joined the OTT Facebook group, then realized that you have no way of connecting this me with that me. I'm that JohnLee guy. Thanks!
Have fun in the present, I hope to be there as soon as I can...
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

User avatar
mrob27
Posts: 1336
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:19 am UTC
Location: ]〖  
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mrob27 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:05 am UTC

I (mrob27) wrote:I did read LotR and agreed with the author that "the book is too short" :o and this business of poignant poety sent between two time-travellers at different points in Time is just the sort of thing LotR would have if it were (epic) sci-fi rather than (epic) fantasy.


  • Lord of the Rings (with appendices): 623,674 words; 3,323,830 characters
  • King James Bible: 851,991 words; 4,491,294 chars
  • Complete Works of Shakespeare: 939,231 words; 5,284,532 chars
  • The One True Thread (including quotes): 7,283,512 words; 56,834,452 chars

Huh. I'm having second thoughts. To blitz or not to blitz... I think I'll molpydown on that one.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
Image
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

User avatar
Neil_Boekend
Posts: 3220
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:35 am UTC
Location: Yes.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:06 am UTC

Hmm it seams the tip point for upgrades in cookie clicker is not completely constant. Details spoilered because they may spoil your fun in the game.
Spoiler:
For most buildings it's more effective to build the first "Double the output" then to build new buildings when you have 15 of them already. For Time machines it's 14. (ignoring the cookies you can bake with the new building while you save for the upgrade. That's too difficult to calculate and seems to have way to many variables)
For example:
Once you have 14 grandma's a new grandma costs 704 C and gives you one grandma in extra production. Steel-plated rolling pins costs 10,000 C and gives you 14 grandma's of production. This means that Steel-plated rolling pins is 14 times as valuable as a single grandma. Thus it can cost 14 times as much. That is 9,856 C. Not worth it.
However, once you have bought the 15th grandma the new grandma would cost 814 C. The Steel-plated rolling pins still cost 10,000 C and they now give 15 grandma's of production. That's worth 12,210 C (ignoring time-based effects)

The 14th Time machine costs 759,603,403 C. The Time paradox resolver costs 9,876,543,210 C. 14 * 759,603,403 = 10,634,447,642. More than the 9 GC the Time Paradox resolver costs. That's one machine sooner.

If I have the time I'll calculate the other upgrades to. The first upgrade will be the last to be calculated because it's more difficult.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9116
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Nopixly OSH

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:07 am UTC

Have the new OSH, same as the old OSH (not solved yet):
OSH

Image
This is Cueball.
What newpix is he from?


Cookies for pope:
Spoiler:
Image
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
lmjb1964
Posts: 2472
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:09 pm UTC
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:08 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:It's treeish to see you again, lmjb1964! Image


Thanks, BlitzGirl (and yappo too!) It's good to be back. Although there's all kinds of stuff going on that I'm confused about. Apparently we're making cookies now? I have no idea what I'm doing, but no matter, I went to the cookie clicker site and started clicking away. My cookies per second are still zero. I guess I need to do something else to make that happen. :?

Anyway, I see there are all sorts of awesomeful things happening. Keep up the great work, everyone!
Image

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9116
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:12 am UTC

@lmjb1964: Yeah, several of us are currently making cookies because it gives us something to Wait for while we Wait for it.
Image Image Image

mrob27 wrote:
Spoiler:
I (mrob27) wrote:I did read LotR and agreed with the author that "the book is too short" :o and this business of poignant poety sent between two time-travellers at different points in Time is just the sort of thing LotR would have if it were (epic) sci-fi rather than (epic) fantasy.


  • Lord of the Rings (with appendices): 623,674 words; 3,323,830 characters
  • King James Bible: 851,991 words; 4,491,294 chars
  • Complete Works of Shakespeare: 939,231 words; 5,284,532 chars
  • The One True Thread (including quotes): 7,283,512 words; 56,834,452 chars
Huh. I'm having second thoughts. To blitz or not to blitz... I think I'll molpydown on that one.

I don't blame you - the OTT is far more seaish than it once was...and the sea is still rising...
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
Eternal Density
Posts: 5589
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:37 am UTC
Contact:

Grandma

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:14 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:Hmm it seams the tip point for upgrades in cookie clicker is not completely constant. Details spoilered because they may spoil your fun in the game.
Spoiler:
For most buildings it's more effective to build the first "Double the output" then to build new buildings when you have 15 of them already. For Time machines it's 14. (ignoring the cookies you can bake with the new building while you save for the upgrade. That's too difficult to calculate and seems to have way to many variables)
For example:
Once you have 14 grandma's a new grandma costs 704 C and gives you one grandma in extra production. Steel-plated rolling pins costs 10,000 C and gives you 14 grandma's of production. This means that Steel-plated rolling pins is 14 times as valuable as a single grandma. Thus it can cost 14 times as much. That is 9,856 C. Not worth it.
However, once you have bought the 15th grandma the new grandma would cost 814 C. The Steel-plated rolling pins still cost 10,000 C and they now give 15 grandma's of production. That's worth 12,210 C (ignoring time-based effects)

The 14th Time machine costs 759,603,403 C. The Time paradox resolver costs 9,876,543,210 C. 14 * 759,603,403 = 10,634,447,642. More than the 9 GC the Time Paradox resolver costs. That's one machine sooner.

If I have the time I'll calculate the other upgrades to. The first upgrade will be the last to be calculated because it's more difficult.
One slight issue with your calculations is that when you have 14 grandmas, buying 14 more grandmas is not 14 times the cost of the 15th grandma...

ETA has anyone noticed the javascript?
Last edited by Eternal Density on Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:23 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

User avatar
ChronosDragon
Posts: 1852
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:42 am UTC
Location: [~]

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ChronosDragon » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:15 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:Hmm it seams the tip point for upgrades in cookie clicker is not completely constant. Details spoilered because they may spoil your fun in the game.
Spoiler:
For most buildings it's more effective to build the first "Double the output" then to build new buildings when you have 15 of them already. For Time machines it's 14. (ignoring the cookies you can bake with the new building while you save for the upgrade. That's too difficult to calculate and seems to have way to many variables)
For example:
Once you have 14 grandma's a new grandma costs 704 C and gives you one grandma in extra production. Steel-plated rolling pins costs 10,000 C and gives you 14 grandma's of production. This means that Steel-plated rolling pins is 14 times as valuable as a single grandma. Thus it can cost 14 times as much. That is 9,856 C. Not worth it.
However, once you have bought the 15th grandma the new grandma would cost 814 C. The Steel-plated rolling pins still cost 10,000 C and they now give 15 grandma's of production. That's worth 12,210 C (ignoring time-based effects)

The 14th Time machine costs 759,603,403 C. The Time paradox resolver costs 9,876,543,210 C. 14 * 759,603,403 = 10,634,447,642. More than the 9 GC the Time Paradox resolver costs. That's one machine sooner.

If I have the time I'll calculate the other upgrades to. The first upgrade will be the last to be calculated because it's more difficult.


What's the best strategy for late-game? Just prioritize Time Machines? I can't decide between that and trying for 100 of each thing for the achievements...

Oh, and Blitzgirl, your post looks like this to me:
Image
Image

User avatar
yappobiscuits
Posts: 2847
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:41 am UTC
Location: The Sea
Contact:

Re: Nopixly OSH

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:18 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Have the new OSH, same as the old OSH (not solved yet):
OSH

Image
This is Cueball.
What newpix is he from?

I think I've finally got this... 1139?

It was a tricky one, since I was pretty sure it must be from the sandcastle era since he didn't have a bag. But of course, there were occasional times when they took their bags off while journeying...
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT
Image


Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 108 guests