1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby SBN » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm UTC

TheMinim wrote:The Time school.

Maths: using newpix as a measure of time, learning about various arguments we have on the One True Thread, counting and stuff.

English: Studying Time Literature and exploring male/female/gender-less pronouns. Also Lego vs. Legos as a standard word.

Science: Biology: studying beesnakes, spotting venomous snakes vs harmless ones, defending yourself from raptorcat attacks and why it's not a good idea to drink straight from the sea. Chemistry: Mostly cancercoffeesemonbaconbabiesonice. Physics: Mechanics and things.

History: History of Time, Blitzing.

Geography: Rivers, the sea, and Zanclean floods.

RE: Religions of Time and their differences and similarities.

Citizenship: Just a whole load of pointlessness anyway.

Art: OTTifications of OtherComics and OtherOtherComics, etc.

Music: Molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy grapevine grapevine, and other OTTified songs!

Drama: T** E** of Time and why it's so sad - re-acting it.

Cooking: Berries and steam bottles.

Languages: Beanish: Decoding Beanish and learning it.

Needlework: Making BAGS!

Woodwork: Making boats. Obviously.

PE: Going to the beach, building castles, and swimming in the sea.

Citizenship: How to prevent/extinguish flames; double-posting: Why and why not; Welcoming lurkers and OTTers; Kindness to blitzers; ...
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Eternal Density

ETA: Molpy up - signed, StormAngel

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:24 pm UTC

No time to write mutch, but there's lots of room on the stats page for me to show a notification log...
Last edited by Eternal Density on Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:36 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:26 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Maths: using newpix as a measure of time, learning about various arguments we have on the One True Thread, counting and stuff.

English: Studying Time Literature and exploring male/female/gender-less pronouns. Also Lego vs. Legos as a standard word.

Science: Biology: studying beesnakes, spotting venomous snakes vs harmless ones, defending yourself from raptorcat attacks and why it's not a good idea to drink straight from the sea. Chemistry: Mostly cancercoffeesemonbaconbabiesonice. Physics: Mechanics and things.

Music: Molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy grapevine grapevine, and other OTTified songs!

Edit: I forgot I.T! I.T: Castle clicker.

ImageBrilliant! Now, who might be the teachers of each subject?
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

ucim

Postby ucim » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:26 pm UTC

TheMinim wrote:Maths: using newpix as a measure of time, learning about various arguments we have on the One True Thread, counting and stuff.

I'd put "learning about various arguments we have on the One True Thread" under sociology. Certainly counting molpies, pixels, and graphing the sea level could come under math. And aren't you taking astronomy also? The Time school should have a big astronomy department!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

Philip Thomas

Postby Philip Thomas » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:34 pm UTC

Future Studies: Learning about the next Zanclean Flood.
"There is nothing illegal about being Evil. Some of our best lawyers are Evil" Nicetas, Imperial Commentaries

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:38 pm UTC

ucim wrote:
TheMinim wrote:Maths: using newpix as a measure of time, learning about various arguments we have on the One True Thread, counting and stuff.

I'd put "learning about various arguments we have on the One True Thread" under sociology. Certainly counting molpies, pixels, and graphing the sea level could come under math. And aren't you taking astronomy also? The Time school should have a big astronomy department!

Jose

I'm not taking anything except Further Maths, Physics, and Extended Project. But astronomy could certainly work in this school. I have no idea why I put that in Maths - maybe thinking of a specific argument. But all the other stuff would certainly fit! :D

yappobiscuits wrote:
Spoiler:

I don't know about teachers, I don't think I could teach any of this stuff either! Anyone want to offer...?
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

waveney

Postby waveney » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:41 pm UTC

Why stop at Time school when you could have an entire Time University?

There could be some very advanced studies leading to Degrees, Masters and PhDs.

Then there are the faculty. Who would be the proffessors?

And thinking about even higher positions:

Should GLR get some Nobel prizes? (Literature, Peace...)

ergman

Postby ergman » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:44 pm UTC

When Minim's around
The Thread fills with jubilance
And snakes and chuckles.

Regarding Beanish, I think it must be possible, as the GLR proclaimed that he made it for us to try to decode, and would not be so cruel as to give us an impossible task. I think the way Rosetta talks might be a big hint. Why does she emphasize 'I' and have such trouble with R?
And I had never seen that wires article. What hints at it being caused by a mud volcano?
ETA: Charlie Grumbles seems like a very teacher-y fellow. He taught me some things a while ago in the thread.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:50 pm UTC

ergman wrote:When Minim's around
The Thread fills with jubilance
And snakes and chuckles.

:D :oops: :D :oops: :D :oops: :D :oops: :D

My face is feeling weird now and I think it might be because of some emotion or another. Thank you! :D
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:55 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:
Spoiler:

Surely I have dibs on being the Cooking teacher. Not only will we work with berries, steambottles and Beanie water... but a wide array of baking. Cakes, cupcakes, pizzas. And even some sorbet making!

ergman wrote:I think the way Rosetta talks might be a big hint. Why does she emphasize 'I' and have such trouble with R?

Seaish point! That makes me want to actually give it a stab even though I know nothing about linguistics. :P

ergman wrote:Charlie Grumbles seems like a very teacher-y fellow. He taught me some things a while ago in the thread.

Yes, yes. I also nominate Prof. Grumbles for the position of OTC Science teacher!

Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

Random832

Postby Random832 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:01 pm UTC

Hey, you've probably already seen it, but I just discovered this http://www.floodmap.net/

Which reminded me of when people were talking about planning escape routes.

ucim

Postby ucim » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:10 pm UTC

Random832 wrote:Hey, you've probably already seen it, but I just discovered this http://www.floodmap.net/
Alas, the site does not work for me. I have noscript installed, but allowed all the scripts except facebook, twitter, and google-analytics. If a site requires those to function, I pass on it.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

ggh

Postby ggh » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:12 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:Anyway, it's that time of day again... :)

Ooh - ominous...

I don't really do games, because I tend to get addicted too easily, but I finally gave GeoGuessr a poke and did horribly - couldn't quite make it to 5 digits. But then, it was updating so sluggishly that I pretty much had to guess without moving. Thank GLR. Made it easy to give up.

ETA - oops, ignore me. I thought I was on the last page.
Last edited by ggh on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:12 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:17 pm UTC

ucim wrote:
Random832 wrote:Hey, you've probably already seen it, but I just discovered this http://www.floodmap.net/
Alas, the site does not work for me. I have noscript installed, but allowed all the scripts except facebook, twitter, and google-analytics. If a site requires those to function, I pass on it.

Jose

Looks like it uses those to get your location, since it went straight to not exactly where I am but my nearest coast.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:17 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:
Spoiler:

Let's not forget Statistics, we've had lots of that. Sciscitor (I spelled that wrong, didn't I?) and Kieryn would probably be the teachers. And astronomy--hm, maybe Kieryn should teach that. And we did have Linguistics till we lost tresoldi.

BlizGirl and Chronosdragon art, ucim literature. mscha, biology, maybe zoology specifically since he's the molpy hunter. Yappo, music, duh. Home ec--Val for baking, BuffyGirl for hatmaking. Computer science--ED, Aluisio, most of the OTTers who aren't me.

Hard to narrow it down, really. There are so many of you that are so talented at so many things!

I thought I'd try to revive the game of broken picture telephone that was started, If you want to play, click on the spoiler at the bottom--DON'T click any of the links. Then write a sentence to go with the picture.
Sentence
Picture
Sentence
Picture:
Spoiler:

Aackk! While trying to find patzer's submission to the game, I found this post in another forum:
patzer wrote:I kill the percussionist.

Snivy used An anachronistic metapost, a TED talk by a dead percussionist, another TED talk about listening, and ten hours of silence filling a dark one-bedroom apartment in the pile!
Snivy's Defense rose!

And here I thought patzer was this nice kid with a Klein bottle on his head. Maybe I better keep my thwapping stick nearby just in case...*looks around nervously*

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:20 pm UTC

@lmjb1964 - I was waiting for the chorus of RadioGaGa, the only part I know, thanks. Love the version.

lmjb1964 wrote:Much better! Though I see she didn't wear her beanie into the club. :)
Thanks. But the Beanie is the mom, the other girl is different, we can call her Megan. Check TimeAfterTime: Beanie Edition to see why that makes a little sense.

lmjb1964 wrote:Hmm, I don't know what else. I'm not as good at this as azule.

Has anyone done azule yet? azule, you seem like a people person. I think you said you tend to be shy, so maybe you aren't outgoing, but you really pay attention to, and care about, others. (or OTTers.) You have a great and sometimes sneaky sense of humor. You seem to be pretty easy-going, though you can get riled up about things that are important to you, and are a little sensitive. :) In general, I picture you sort of like your avatar; laughing and cuddly.
I ninja'd you, but would have gladly waited 22 mins for your analysis of ED, which appears to be very similar to mine (making both of us right so far). Keep it up, if you can! :)

Yay! I finally got one for myself. Thanks, Laura!!! My gf would so not agree that I'm a people person, but the way you describe that...I tend to agree with your definition. Otherwise all of the rest I'd agree with. I'm sorta bi-polar...in a Libra sorta way, so easy-going battles riled up, etc, all the time. lol. :)

lmjb1964 wrote:I was so excited I ninja'd myself. :x
Hehe...you were so excited you... I feel that ninja is covering up the real word. Something that starts with p. or worse... ;)

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

bmonk
Location: Schitzoed in the OTT between the 2100s and the late 900s. Hoping for singularity.

Postby bmonk » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:25 pm UTC

BlueCrab wrote:
ofvn2vw1872 wrote:
Latent22 wrote:
Spoiler:
Ok I've just solved it!!!!
They live in a world with more than one sun! This is why they have walked for so many days and had no sunset. Until this night when they have hit a night with all the other extra sun's below the horizon and then the final visible one setting allowing it to finally go dark. All the previous sunsets were hidden by the extra suns in the sky.
Also this also solves the big running question of why the sea is acting strange and rising far beyond normal. It is just because of the solar alignment that happens to be pulling the sea up more than normal!
Spoiler:
It reminds me of a short story (by someone, I don't remember who), in which this event (a darkness in a multi-star system) occurred, regularly, but with enough spacing that it threw the whole world in to chaos. Let's hope we don't find hoards of villagers chasing astronomers down the mountain in the next few newpix.

This question's been answered, but for extra points who's read Flying Sorcerers by David Gerrold and Larry Niven?

I have. "As a color, shade of purple-gray."

ETA: For the school of time, there surely should be something about astronomy...

EATA:
yappobiscuits wrote:I'm still not sure I buy this whole far-far-in-the-future thing... they have language and concepts too similar to the modern day, like sandcastles and words like "neat"... I've always been open to the idea that it could be post-apocalyptic, but not THAT far in the future. That far in the future I would've expected entirely new civilisations to develop, ones entirely alien to our own. It just doesn't add up for me

Or Firefly: Western (cowboy) culture with starships, because--well, because guns are a very efficient way to store killing energy, or so it seems to us.
Having become a Wizard on n.p. 2183, the Yellow Piggy retroactively appointed his honorable self a Temporal Wizardly Piggy on n.p.1488, not to be effective until n.p. 2183, thereby avoiding a partial temporal paradox. Since he couldn't afford two philosophical PhDs to rule on the title.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:46 pm UTC

Thank you for digging up that embarrassingly wrong blast from the past, bmonk :P

bmonk
Location: Schitzoed in the OTT between the 2100s and the late 900s. Hoping for singularity.

Postby bmonk » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:50 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Thank you for digging up that embarrassingly wrong blast from the past, bmonk :P

Hey--just plodding alONG in the depths of deep Time of the OTT.

But it sounds so reasonable...
Having become a Wizard on n.p. 2183, the Yellow Piggy retroactively appointed his honorable self a Temporal Wizardly Piggy on n.p.1488, not to be effective until n.p. 2183, thereby avoiding a partial temporal paradox. Since he couldn't afford two philosophical PhDs to rule on the title.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:53 pm UTC

Lol, what an awesome quote to dig out of the deep Past. Don't worry, yappo. It's adorable. :P I'm also slightly embarrassed because I didn't suggest the other teachers of the subjects in such treeish and perfect ways like lmjb did! I love the idea of teaching home ec with Buffy, hah!

Happy 600 bmonk!
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:58 pm UTC

azule wrote:@lmjb1964 - I was waiting for the chorus of RadioGaGa, the only part I know, thanks. Love the version.

Oh good, I'm glad you liked it!

azule wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:Much better! Though I see she didn't wear her beanie into the club. :)
Thanks. But the Beanie is the mom, the other girl is different, we can call her Megan. Check TimeAfterTime: Beanie Edition to see why that makes a little sense.

Oh! I totally didn't get that till now. I thought the mother was the same as the person going into the club. I just love the frame with the baby coming out of the cup saying, "Baby!" :D

azule wrote:

Has anyone done azule yet? azule, you seem like a people person. I think you said you tend to be shy, so maybe you aren't outgoing, but you really pay attention to, and care about, others. (or OTTers.) You have a great and sometimes sneaky sense of humor. You seem to be pretty easy-going, though you can get riled up about things that are important to you, and are a little sensitive. :) In general, I picture you sort of like your avatar; laughing and cuddly.
I ninja'd you, but would have gladly waited 22 mins for your analysis of ED, which appears to be very similar to mine (making both of us right so far). Keep it up, if you can! :)

Yay! I finally got one for myself. Thanks, Laura!!! My gf would so not agree that I'm a people person, but the way you describe that...I tend to agree with your definition. Otherwise all of the rest I'd agree with. I'm sorta bi-polar...in a Libra sorta way, so easy-going battles riled up, etc, all the time. lol. :)

My mom's a Libra too, and come to think of it, she's got a little of that as well.

azule wrote:
Hehe...you were so excited you... I feel that ninja is covering up the real word. Something that starts with p. or worse... ;)

No, azule, I was not quite that excited. :roll: :D

bmonk wrote:ETA: For the school of time, there surely should be something about astronomy...

Hi, bmonk! Yep, in my post above I included astronomy. Maybe I should made a list like Minim, would have been easier to read. Or *thinking* maybe I can start another never-to-be-finished Present present...
lmjb1964 wrote:
azule wrote:@lmjb1964 - I was waiting for the chorus of RadioGaGa, the only part I know, thanks. Love the version.

Oh good, I'm glad you liked it!

azule wrote:

Oh! I totally didn't get that till now. I thought the mother was the same as the person going into the club. I just love the frame with the baby coming out of the cup saying, "Baby!" :D

azule wrote:

My mom's a Libra too, and come to think of it, she's got a little of that as well.

azule wrote:

No, azule, I was not quite that excited. :roll: :D

bmonk wrote:ETA: For the school of time, there surely should be something about astronomy...

Hi, bmonk! Yep, in my post above I included astronomy. Maybe I should made a list like Minim, would have been easier to read. Or *thinking* maybe I can start another never-to-be-finished Present present...

ETA: Happy 600, bmonk!
Last edited by lmjb1964 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:03 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

bmonk

Postby bmonk » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:59 pm UTC

Thanks. Hadn't noticed until you said so.

ergman

Postby ergman » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:05 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:
Spoiler:

Let's not forget Statistics, we've had lots of that. Sciscitor (I spelled that wrong, didn't I?) and Kieryn would probably be the teachers. And astronomy--hm, maybe Kieryn should teach that. And we did have Linguistics till we lost tresoldi.

BlizGirl and Chronosdragon art, ucim literature. mscha, biology, maybe zoology specifically since he's the molpy hunter. Yappo, music, duh. Home ec--Val for baking, BuffyGirl for hatmaking. Computer science--ED, Aluisio, most of the OTTers who aren't me.

Hard to narrow it down, really. There are so many of you that are so talented at so many things!

I thought I'd try to revive the game of broken picture telephone that was started, If you want to play, click on the spoiler at the bottom--DON'T click any of the links. Then write a sentence to go with the picture.
Sentence
Picture
Sentence
Picture:
Spoiler:

<snipersnapper>

And this is cool too! I would continue it too, but I can't, so someone else should. Though it requires some will to go off and contribute yourself before seeing the chain. A selfless act of art.

And regarding flooding where I am, I live just north enough to escape, and I become beachfront property!

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

ChronosDragon

Re: Silly department!

Postby ChronosDragon » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:08 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:BlizGirl and Chronosdragon art, ucim literature. mscha, biology, maybe zoology specifically since he's the molpy hunter. Yappo, music, duh. Home ec--Val for baking, BuffyGirl for hatmaking. Computer science--ED, Aluisio, most of the OTTers who aren't me.

Weirds me out that y'all think of me as an art xuy, but I guess I've done a fair bit more here than anywhere else. Ask anyone else who knows me and they'd point straight to CS :P In fact, I've never taken a formal art class, save Computer Graphics, which was more design than art.

jovialbard wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:Decree: share your progress in any game you want to talk about.

skyrim:
I'm also up to level 54 with Skyrim. With max smithing, enchantment, and stealth I can 1 shot anything (including ancient dragons) with my best bow. This also means I barely get any xp in my bow since it's the number of attacks and the base damage that matters, which doesn't include fully drawn shots, sneak attacks, or smithing and enchantment bonuses. So I've stopped sneaking and made a bow without smithing and without damaging enchantments. The game is slightly less boring now, though I do have over 500 HP and nearly maxed armor, so I'm never really in danger of death.

I'm at about that point with my main char, a warrior (One-handed + shield) Argonian named Vahloktiid (In the dragon tongue: Guardian of Time) who had a minor in stealth, before update 1.9 came along and added legendary abilities, at which point I reset Stealth to get the perk points back and make the game a little more fun.
My secondary char is a Breton battlemage called Victor who specializes in Destruction magic with a little conjuration and illusion on the side. I'm playing this character more immersively - while my first char just did everything he came across, this one I'm playing as if I were actually him - I came up with a backstory and everything (boring-ish lore-y details below)
Spoiler:
Victor grew up in a small village in Cyrodiil with his family, rural craftsmen who secretly practiced magic. One day, when he was a young man, the village was razed to the ground by Thalmor invaders who, filled with a lust for racial purity and an intense desire to stifle magic practice outside of their lands, had detected some of the powerful spells being practiced in the village. Victor alone escaped, and fled north to the more protected lands of Skyrim. He was caught crossing the border and brought to Helgen, where, along with some other prisoners, he was to be executed. The executation was interrupted, however, yada yada skyrim story, but eventually Victor realized he was the Dragonborn. Unsure, he (I at this point) did not pursue this further, opting instead to engage in an education at the College of Winterhold, eventually becoming the Arch-Mage. From there, he began plotting the destruction of the Thalmor - at which point he realized his untapped potential as the carrier of Dragon Blood and decided to investigate what abilities that could grant him.
I'm avoiding selling my soul to any daedra, or indebting myself to any faction leaders - no Dark Brotherhood, thieves guild, companions, etc for me. I'm also trying to stay within the laws of skyrim, though if there's a significant figure I need to assassinate, I won't hesitate.

I'm using several immersion mods such as Scenic Carriages (no fast travel of any kind), immersive HUD, and a mod that lets me get multiple followers, in addition to several (well...93) others. (No huge gameplay changes though! It's all graphical enhancement, gameplay tweaks/balancing, or additional lore-friendly content)

ergman

Postby ergman » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:14 pm UTC

Emperor ED wrote:Decree: share your progress in any game you want to talk about.

Oh, ok, didn't see this. I've been playing a hilarious free game that is essentially Charles Barkley RPG. Its really funny, and actually pretty well done. It would probably be even funnier if I followed basketball.

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:17 pm UTC

WARNING: This OdeTiTy has been done for entertainment purposes only. The views and opinions expressed by the protagonist are not the opinion of the author. As the title of the songs says, this is from the perspective of a newpix that has issues. All resemblances to actual creations or facts are purely coincidental (but probably not).

I just mean, don't take this bad. It's sarcasm....it's an adaptation of this ICP song.

Newpix With Issues

Once an hour there's more of us and all we do is fill the site
You might look at me, at first, comparing of the pixel's light
Just like your OTTified redundakitty spoilered GIF
We will all get left beside just like we're mustard chirpin' spit
I will be your trebucheted, imaginary Inside friend
I fulfill you, it's all related, there's no need to Facebook friend
But instead you lose me in the past, leave me to fade away
Hoping you'll view me again someday...hey, hey

[Chorus]
Why don't you come past for me and take me to the future side (take me to the future side)
Lost within the hashing key, the hexadec'mal names, they hide
(It can be so lonely)

I endure defacement pure with dialogue inanity
Scribble on me "funny" jokes that make me lose my sanity
You implore your OTTer friends to tag me with heretic lies
Please clean up your coding tags, don't leave me exposed and spoilerfied
All the Madness caused to do was tear from me the focus earned
You will one day understand how this has also left you burned
But OtherComics are for now OTTified to my dismay
Lost still I am to the Present day, hey(hey)hey(hey)hey

[Chorus]

Boys and girls, forget those mustard frames
Download the completely new, ha, creation
Sandcastle Builder

(Molpy, Up!)
(Yeah)
(W-w-w-w-wowterful)
(Yeah)

I can see you near The End where OTTers tell you how to feel
No more do you care about the secrets I've yet to reveal
Seven months have passed for me and nothing has enlightened you
Now it's time for me to tell you that...YOU ARE TRAPPED HERE TOO

[Chorus]

If I need to apologize more for anything, let me know, or read the warning again.

ucim

Postby ucim » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:19 pm UTC

Continuing ergman's continuation of broken picture telephone that was started, If you want to play, click on the spoiler at the bottom--DON'T click any of the links. Then write a picture to go with the sentence.
Sentence
Picture
Sentence
picture
<snipersnapper>
Spoiler:
A beanie rides a whale tail into the ocean.
Jose

ergman

Postby ergman » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:32 pm UTC

azule wrote:WARNING: This OdeTiTy has been done for entertainment purposes only. The views and opinions expressed by the protagonist are not the opinion of the author. As the title of the songs says, this is from the perspective of a newpix that has issues. All resemblances to actual creations or facts are purely coincidental (but probably not).

I just mean, don't take this bad. It's sarcasm....it's an adaptation of this ICP song.

Spoiler:
Newpix With Issues

[Chorus]
Why don't you come past for me and take me to the future side (take me to the future side)
(It can be so lonely)

[Chorus]

Sandcastle Builder

(Molpy, Up!)
(Yeah)
(W-w-w-w-wowterful)
(Yeah)

[Chorus]

If I need to apologize more for anything, let me know, or read the warning again.

Don't apalogize! Revel in your musical accomplishment.

ucim wrote:
Continuing ergman's continuation of broken picture telephone that was started, If you want to play, click on the spoiler at the bottom--DON'T click any of the links. Then write a picture to go with the sentence.
Sentence
Picture
Sentence
picture
<snipersnapper>
Spoiler:
A beanie rides a whale tail into the ocean.
Jose

I can't wait for the picture. who will do it?

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:46 pm UTC

ergman wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:I thought I'd try to revive the game of broken picture telephone that was started, If you want to play, click on the spoiler at the bottom--DON'T click any of the links. Then write a sentence to go with the picture.
Sentence
Picture
Sentence
Picture:
Spoiler:

<snipersnapper>

And this is cool too! I would continue it too, but I can't, so someone else should. Though it requires some will to go off and contribute yourself before seeing the chain. A selfless act of art.

I just thought of a way of doing this game that doesn't require spoilers. A modification. In this version you attempt to create a barely connected version of the previous description or drawing. [spoilered because I'm bad]
Spoiler:
In these examples you'd instead of drawing a Beanie in a tree...you'd draw it trapped inside the trunk of a tree. The next person would describe it as "Beanie lives inside a wood structure with a green canopy".
The point is for these things to not be so unambiguously accurate. This should work well with such a creative crowd.

EDIT:
ergman wrote:Don't apalogize! Revel in your musical accomplishment.
Thanks! It's sometimes easier to pre-apologize than post... Don't need people upset until I can get back to them. :)

EDIT2: added spoiler for being bad.
Last edited by azule on Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:56 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

Eternal Density

decisions...

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:51 pm UTC

I forgot to edit the subject of my previous post, and then I got up early and left my alarm set so my brother had to turn it off, and then edited my post for me :P

Skyrim:
Spoiler:
I had a male Breton mage who got seriously high powered and finished the main quest and a female Khajiit who I played as melee only, with enchanting to boost her attack, which was fun. She distrusted magic and never drunk any potions she didn't make herself. Then she became a vampire and then soon a Vampire Lord. But I never got around to quite finishing the Dawnguard questline. (And she didn't do a lot of the main quest either.)

So now I've got to decide what to do next. I think it's high time I add the +sand messages, and then I have some significant boost ideas.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:19 pm UTC

Pi post!
This cake is a pie.

azule wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:Thanks for explaining! I think it was the missing Beanie on "Megan"'s head that confused me.
This version is for you:
Spoiler:

Thanks! Image

@TheMinim: Awefulsome Time school!
And many additional treeish ideas from all y'all! I might be able to give a lecture on antmolpies and maybe beesnakes, and I'd definitly take Valarya's cupcake classes, and Kieryn's astronomy classes, and yappo's music classes, and - what, there's an upper limit?!?

azule wrote:I just mean, don't take this bad. It's sarcasm....it's an adaptation of this ICP song.

Newpix With Issues
Spoiler:

[Chorus]
(It can be so lonely)

[Chorus]

Sandcastle Builder

(Molpy, Up!)
(Yeah)
(W-w-w-w-wowterful)
(Yeah)

[Chorus]

That was... neat, I guess. :)

Happy 600 posts, bmonk!
Spoiler:

New verse for the collaborative "Radio Ga Ga" ottification:
I'd sit alone and read those types
My only friends even in real life
And that one thing that kept us glued?
We'd never thought we're being stewed

I'd come and join- a religion
Or write an ott- ification
But all of this- it would not last
1190- was in the past

But don't become some background noise
You can't forget those posting joys
Come post with me because we care
And spare some thoughts for those not there
We've seen all Time, we've shared its power
We can still build a new sand tower
OTT.

All we have is posts in the OTT
Since there's no OTC
We post in the OTT
All we have are posts in the OTT
OTT, what's new?
OTT, all of us love you!

We wait'd for it, we watched the stars
On monitors for ONGs and ONGs
We hardly had to quench the flames
While pixels changed through the frames
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:21 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:To Aluisio, you asked if we would be willing to donate a small amount for chirpingmustard.com. I have donated a small amount. But it might be too small an amount. I have no idea how much a domain costs. So, I can give more if necessary, or appropriate.

No need to. I'm almost paying next year's renewal already :P
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:24 pm UTC

Angelastic wrote:So I moved Sciscitorward (though I'm leaving my location as-is because I still have my apartment there until I figure out how to do the paperwork to give it up, and I don't have an apartment anywhere else yet) instead of discovering flutterwingmolpybugs or even wingish connectome graphs, I've discovered a hotel in an industrial area (near my job where I have hardly any coding to do) where it's a struggle just to go buy food before the trains stop running, and instead of spending this Time in the hotel learning German and staying keught up and drawing things using my new tablet and reading the French version of Gödel, Escher, Bach, I'm baking c**kies (404MCpS.) Ch*rping c**kies! I hope to wean myself onto Castle ONGer. Though I did also rewatch the Back to the Future trilogy as research for a filk. Is that productive?

...You're filking a whole movie?

Eternal Density wrote:Warning : trying to earn Ninja Madness may cause sleep deprivation.
I think I've made a game more addicting than cookie clicker. Oops.

I think that earns you a spot in the Hall of Fame for OTTer-sniping.

mrob27 wrote:
Things that be on my side for 600, Alex!-capsule from @mrob27, deposited at Newpage 151
Do not open until Newpage 1444

Spoiler:
When you open this message I woll have be-done gone for about 15 newpages. Nopixbit tells of a craving for M.a.d.n.e.s.s that I must not leave unanswered. I apologize in advance for the unusual appearance of the following, it seems to be necessary, as our Dark Overloads seem to be displeased with more readable wordy-writey-meaning-conveying-wibbly-wobbly stuff.

- < O > -

Regar∂ing sṗoileŕs: So faŕ, posters håve done a pretty good job of nøt ŝpoiling things for the Blîtžers. As Outside Timé goes on, it'll be soɱewhat less of a probŀem, becaüse people are nøw being attracted to tℏis Thread aƒter having seén the fuŀl stoŕy of the Comic.

Tℏeŕe is a "meta-spoiler" that pervadeŝ eveŕything: In tℏe sigñatures I seé that different OTTers léft at dîfférént times (†hat's to be expectéd) and their sigs are lit†le snaṗsho†s of the OTT culturé at the time they left. Many of them have hats, and otℏer siğnŝ of cŕeatîvity. It is clear †o aný bŀitzer that the OTT becomes a ɱuch møre interesting plaçe at ŝome poiñt in the futüre. Øf couŕsé, I don't thînk this is a "spøiler" because ño-oñe's going to ŝeriously* bŀitz the while thing unless †hey alréady knøw how rich and enğåging the çulture wiŀl become. Ƀut now-when in the éårly newpages that culture hasn't appeared ye†.

Ŧhere are many links to the One Ŧrue Wikî, which is one hugé OTC spoileŕ. I don'† think aný†hing can or should be døne aƅoüt that, instead I treat the Wiķi aŝ being liké the Restaurant at tℏe Eñd of the Uniṿeŕŝe -- å plaçe †hat †ranscénds all Time, and where (in the ωords of Douğlas Adams) "you can visît any Time you want and be assured oƒ never meetiñg yourŝelf, bécaüse of the embarrasŝment thîs usualŀy causes".

Wℏile on the Ẃiki fixîng thé mustard in ɱy previøus ŕetrØTTificatiøn I saw there has been a bit of disçussîon of †he ra†heŕ clumsy ånd ŝlightly confusing nameŝ we haṿe for all these diƒferent types øf çreative ṗåstîche. Ḯ suggest you check out thé disçuŝsion añd contribute an opinion.

I'll compŀiçaté the namiñğ some møre by callîñg the followîng a "retrOŦT-if". The "retŕo" part îŝ tℏat I'm deliberately wrîting tℏis suçh †hat, even if I saw it now on ŊewPage 151, ît would no† spoil anythîng beyond †he meta- †hiñg I mentione∂ abové.

The inspiration for this, apar† ƒrøm the øbvious, was @Valarya's comparison oƒ me †o the Old Ones. Boy ýou've gø† strange taŝ†es. One might even thinķ that you crave The Madnesŝ. So, here you gø, Valaŕya, †hîs is for you:

TWITT6R

How many unique English (or Welsh, Đutch, Çyrillic, Kliñgon, or R'leyhian) forüm pos†s aŕe posŝiblé? How long would it †aké for the populåtion of Ŋewpixia tø réad them an∂ laugh out loud?

High up iñ thé Clouds in a server ƒarm çaŀled ŦøwardEX, †here is añ xkc∂. I†s serves a hundred teraƅytes at a hun∂ŕed gigabits per second. Once evéry thousand ɱillinewpiẋ, a little PNG comeŝ to this sérver to awaken a thousand coma-depŕiṿed users with itŝ BØNG. When the server's diskspace has been thus filled with fråmes, then a siñgle day of Megan an∂ Cueball's castŀe-building will håve goné by.

TWIŦT6R (Things What Ḯs-oñ-my Thiğh Ŧℏor 600, Randall!) is thé threåd on the χKCD forüms where éverything, (perhaps even tℏe One Tŕue Comic) is discussed.

Forum siğnaturés are 300 chårac†ers long. There åré 26 characters in English -- 163 if yøu add tℏe Ẃeŀsh, Dutch, Cyrillîc, Kŀingoñ, and Ŗ'leyℏîan alphabetŝ ṗlus uṗpercase ånd comɱon punctuåtîøn. Using thoŝe characters, †here are 163300 ≈ 10664 possible ŝignatures.

But TWITT6R ∂oesn't liɱit you to those 163 characters. You have all of Unicode to play with, and oür Outsider Overlords have added over a million extra encodingŝ. The ωay Mods conver† ṗosts is comṗŀicated, but the numƅer of possible posts could be as high as

234803 60000 ≈ 10322242 characters

Of coürse, almost all of the posts on TWḮTT6R are meanîngless jumbles of charåcters from a hundred diƒferént lañguageŝ. Even iƒ you're limî†ed to †ℏe words made up by Newpixians or added by Mods, the forum would be full oƒ meanîngless jümbŀes.

it'ŝ nearly content-frée

Ŧℏis ǭueŝtioñ was about ṗostŝ tℏat actually ŝay something in a recognizablé ŀanguage. How måny øf those are ṗossible?

This is a toügh question. Your first impulŝe might be tø aŀloω oñly English (oŕ Welsh, Dutch, etc.) wør∂s. Ŧhen ýou could further reŝtŕict ît †o gramɱåtîcally valid sentencés. Oñé could use rigoroüs mathematicål añalysis (like tha† deveŀoped by Claude Șhannon) to determine thé înførmåtiøn conteñt of tyṗical written Englîsh (and R'ŀéyhiañ, Klinğon, etc.).

bacon threatens to fŀood the beach with SHØGGNYTHH!!!

Unfortünatelý, thiŝ has no bearing at all on TWITT6R. When présen†é∂ with thé challenge illustratéd ƅy †he meaninglesŝ juɱƅle above, the Newpixiañs responded, wî†hin a mere †hree néwpix, with a novel ŝtrategy:

The madness is irrelevånt. Seek out an∂ embråce the mådness!

In thé foruɱ of †he One Tŕue Comic, every utterånce is meaningful, and the less recognižable or lucid, the better.

Now, how long ωould it †ake for the Ŋewṗixianŝ to reåd them all?

Réadiñg 10322242 posts would take a person over 10322230 lifetîmes. It'ŝ such a staggeringly ŀarğe numƅer that it hardly matters whethér theŕe are a tℏousan∂ Ŋewpixianŝ or a googøl -- they won't be aƅle to read a meaningful fråctiøn of the newpages, in the lifetimé of the üniverse.

Ins†ead, let's thînk ƅack †o tℏa† xķc∂ serveŕ in the cløüd. Suppose that every time tℏe server's 100 terabytes øf storage fill up with newṗix, a single grain of semenated coffeé grounds getŝ added to the sandcastlé. That means that every 10 billion newpix, å graîn of coffeesemen gets ådded. 10 biŀlion neωpix is about 570,000 here†ical ýeårs, so that gives you an î∂ea høw ℏuch Time we're taŀking about.

Let's ŝay you ånd your goøgol frien∂s on the forum are eaçh reading posts, full time (the sandcastle gives ŝtrength, çoma is unnecesŝary). Whîle you'ŕe doing tℏis, every 10 billion newpix a grain is ådded to the castle.

A cuƅic meter of sand haŝ about 1012 grains øf sand, and wé can estîmate tha† one of M&C's castles (say, the oñe oñ †he left ωith the pointy tøωeŕs) has about the ŝame voluɱe of çaffeinatedseméncoffee. So it ωould take åbout 5.7 x 1017 here†ical years before wé'd see this castle completely built. Büt that's okay, because you know... Wait For It.

The caŝtle disappears, becauŝe, heý, did you ℏear my great †heory? Ṁegan and Cueball wilŀ leave, the cas†le will get washed away and then the animation will start over frøm the first frame!

Anywåy... the castle disappeaŕs, ånd M&C start again from an emptý beach. 365 daýs of M&C building, each over 1017 Newpixiañ years, îs a year for them.

365 little Magic Kingdoî

Tℏat's not gøinğ to ƅe eñough. Let's suppoŝe †hey have to fill the entire frame with blaçķ ṗixéŀs semencoffee (perℏaps 1000 times aŝ much as the castle), añd we'ŀl call that a füll daý of Megan añd Cueball's buil∂ing.

Théy continue for the lifetimé of their universe -- say 1010 of their yeaŕs. That's over 1033 years for you and your felløw Newpixians reading †he forum. Then after that time, yoü wiŀl have read over 10140 messageŝ. You have to do the såme tℏîng 10322102 tîmes.

So yeah, poŝt all you want, becausé, you know, TREɃUCHET!

Añd døn't ŀet The Madness s†op yoü, beçause, you know, CTHULHU FHŦAGN!

- < O > -

Bý the wåy, I love researching these tℏings. Check the links oñ †he numberŝ 234803 and 60000 åbove!

*I think I üsed "seriously" right, but it could be one of those things.
ottif-034-contentfree.png
ottif-034-shannon.png
ottif-034-embrace.png
ottif-034-365-Magic-Kingdoms.png

Amazing rOTTification, mrob27!

yappobiscuits wrote:

My dear OTTers! My dear Timewaiters and devotees, Ottifiers and Manippers, Analysers and Data-wranglers, Knights Temporal, Blitzers and Molpy hunters… Also you good delurkers whom I at last welcome into the thread. Today is my One Thousandth Post-dip!

I hope you are enjoying yourselves as much as I am. I shall not keep you long, I have called you all together for a purpose. Indeed, for three purposes! First of all, to tell you that I am immensely fond of you all, and that a thousand posts is too short a time to live among such excellent and admirable OTTers. I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like more than half of you JUST as much as you deserve!

Secondly, to celebrate my 1000th post-dip! I should say: our 1000th post-dip. For it is, of course, also the 1000th post-dip of my dear fellow OTTer, ChronosDragon. Together we score two thousand! It is also, if I may be allowed to refer to ancient history, the two-mip anniversary of the beginning of the Encounter Eon, when Megan and Cueball first encountered the Beanies, and I had just returned from a trip to London with a rather large pile of ketchup. I was at 400 posts then, and big post-milestones such as this did not seem so important. The banquet was very splendid, however, though I had a bad cold at the time, I remember, and could only say 'Thag you very buch'. I now repeat it more correctly: Thank you very much for coming to my little party!

Thirdly and finally, I wish to bring you all a present present, in the form of a brand new original song for the occasion.
*Raises glass* To the One True Comic, and the Thread! Molpy up!

Usual warnings for celebratory songs apply:
Spoiler:

Bonus present present: Orchestral version.

Also, lyrics:
Spoiler:
I got one thousand posts in the One True Thread
And the time has come to celebrate
So I'll uphold that noble tradition, and honour this post milestone
With deep profundity, so I bring you this song

I wrote one for one hundred about dicks
And another a hundred later about boobs
But since then we've developed a whole new stash of naughty words
So this one's about something new, let me tell you what

It's about…
CHIRPING MUSTARD!
CHIRPING MUSTARD!
And semencoffeecancerbaconbabiesonice
CHIRPING MUSTARD!
Molpy CHIRPING MUSTARD!
That's what this song's about, cos I got myself
ONE THOUSAND POSTS!

When I first delurked on the forum, I never knew what lay in store
The good times that we shared, I'll never forget
The songs, the pics and poems, the charts and comics too
But most of all, waiting for it with you

I've seen so much in these five months of Time
Now a thousand posts in the thread are mine
And on this momentous occasion, I feel that I must say
Something meaningful and memorable, so listen close to me

Cos I'm gonna say…
CHIRPING MUSTARD!
CHIRPING MUSTARD!
And semencoffeecancerbaconbabiesonice
CHIRPING MUSTARD!
Molpy CHIRPING MUSTARD!
That's what this song's about, cos I got myself
ONE THOUSAND POSTS
In the One True Thread!

Redundant:
Spoiler:
party.png

redundakitty29.jpg

(Thanks, Balthasar! I really just wanted to not be at the bottom of a page, but being at the very top is a nice bonus ;) )
No decree, just enjoy the party and have a slice of that rather seaish cake you see there on the table!

Ok, this song is now permanently on any playlist I make. :D

BlitzGirl wrote:
New and improved OTTerish cake:

(Currently listening to One Thousand Posts on repeat, because it's just that molpish.)

Redundant:
Spoiler:

YappoSmileys1000.png

Keywords: BGUM yappo 1000 posts thousand molpy chirping redundant mustard mustards redundakitty smiley faces manip
redundantmolpychirping.png

Hooray! I'm a cake!

yappobiscuits wrote:*Talking of "how I made it", I'm considering doing a "making of" video for this, like I did with Molpies, but way more in-depth, going into the orchestrations and doing guitars and things. Would that be of interest to anyone?

That would indeed be of interest to me!

ChronosDragon wrote:
Philip Thomas wrote:
patzer wrote:
Valarya wrote:Seriously, the weird Beanie Babies are creeping me out. Someone tell me what's going on. :P

More importantly, when will the flood come?

And will there be a rainbow at the end of the flood? Granted, it will look rather boring in monochrome...

Spoiler:

Not too bad, actually - not quite as inspiring as a colored one, though.

That looks to me like planetary rings, seen from the ground!
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:43 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:That was... neat, I guess. :)
Haha, thanks! It's okay if you found it creepy or whatever. It was supposed to convey an insanity, after all. ^_^

Eternal Density

Yay!

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:53 pm UTC

Excellent pi post ZoomanSP!

News on the sandcastle front:

Code: Select all

### 0.93
- sand particles!
- when redacted were supposedly vanishing they weren't actually causing refreshes so they stuck around.

ergman

Postby ergman » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:16 am UTC

I tried my hand at the OTVO thing. I tried to do Lapetite's cousin. I don't think my voice is naturally high pitched enough, so I guess I sorta did a voice for him.
take it or leave it, whoever is running this voiceover.
otckidlines.zip
(1.37 MiB) Downloaded 124 times

Eternal Density

longpix is long

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:12 am UTC

More stuff!

### 0.931
- added 2 longpix boosts
- fiddles with some department stuff a little

Oh, and

### 0.932
- padding

(I remembered I better do that as I was looking at the layout after a message from ChronosDragon...)

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Re: longpix is long

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:33 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:More stuff!

What reminds me: your README is mustarded. Look at its GitHub page.
You also need a license.

Eternal Density wrote:(I remembered I better do that as I was looking at the layout after a message from ChronosDragon...)

I hope he has done well on the tests.

What kind of person never leaves their home at Saturdays?
What kind of person can't compute the limit of f[0] = 0, f[n] = sqrt(3 + f[n - 1])?
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Eternal Density

now what have i done?

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:42 am UTC

Okay 0.933: messed with some box sizing.
AluisioASG wrote:What reminds me: your README is mustarded. Look at its GitHub page.
You also need a license.

Fixed the REAMDE but I'm having trouble finding a license since I can't allow commercial use since I based a lot of the code (general structure and a few algorithms) off [url=view-source:http://orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker/]this[/url] which disallows profiting from it.
Last edited by Eternal Density on Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:59 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

pelrigg

Re: longpix is long

Postby pelrigg » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:58 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:More stuff!
Spoiler:

### 0.931
- added 2 longpix boosts
- fiddles with some department stuff a little

Oh, and

### 0.932
- padding

(I remembered I better do that as I was looking at the layout after a message from ChronosDragon...)

Hey ED, I just loaded version 0.932 and suddenly it only records something like one click per secondH to one click per second-and-a-halfH. Although I like the floating "plus number" idea, it looks like there's something slowing the system down.

Also, when I have the screen scrolled up to the top, the notifications (like "Game Saved") barely make it on the screen; but if I'm scrolled to the bottom, the notifications make it to the middle of the screen before disappearing.
Notes about this in spoiler:
Spoiler:
Currently I have stuff on the "booster" line. So you know how many lines I have.
When my screen is at the top of the page, the cut-off is at the top of the "Castle tools" with just a little of the tool boxes showing. When I get a notification it barely makes it to the bottom of the "sand tool boxes". So only one line of notices barely make it onto the screen.
However, when I scroll down to the bottom of the page (which covers most of the first four rows of "earned boost boxes") the notifications float up to a point even with the Version line, almost half-way up the screen.
I just thought I'd let you know about this. I don't know if it's my computer or what.
And, I am getting inconsistent click responses. I just went, checked my number, and clicked 5 times quickly and got one credited click. Then I clicked a bunch more and got 4 or 5 credits for 10 or so clicks.

And on top of unstable clicking, while double checking the problem I ninja'd my newpixbots and blew a 30 no-ninja streak. *sigh*
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”