1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:59 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:*Eyes BlitzGirl suspiciously* ... *Glances at punsaw* ...

*Whistles innocently*

Edit:
Woo - 60,000th reply!
No specific decree, continue to celebrate!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

edo

Postby edo » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:12 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:Welcome back, edo. I saw your post, but didn't realize it was you.

Obrigado, Aluisio! (and ucim and lmjb and others I missed)!

(my sig is way out of date by the way... I'm down to 10 unearned badges):
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

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
Co-proprietor of a Mome and Pope Shope

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:18 am UTC

Quick question on the Beachscaper badge... Does it need 100 of each kind of sand tool? The description sounds like 100 sand tools in total, but I'm past that, and haven't earned the badge.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Drat I lost my random book titles in the blackout

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:29 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Quick question on the Beachscaper badge... Does it need 100 of each kind of sand tool? The description sounds like 100 sand tools in total, but I'm past that, and haven't earned the badge.

It's actually 200 total not 100. I noticed and fixed the description a few minutes ago :P

Also I'm about to make an 'index' page and then have the game separate.

ETA whaaaaaa? I clicked a kitty just before the ONG and the page reloaded and gave neither :(
Last edited by Eternal Density on Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:32 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:30 am UTC

Let's see... ketchup...
Firstly:
yappobiscuits wrote:Time for more presents
This one's for Pelrigg, enjoy
Your smiley as well!

Thanks for the smiley yappo. Steakish. Image Image Image
Keep this up and we'll have a Smiley Band.
Spoiler:
That's the name of my Paul and Storm cover band.

@edo: Welcome back, xir. Glad to see that it was Sandcastle which sparked your return.

@EVERYBODY: Yeah, for the one-half birthday. (And in the entire six months we've been going, this thread has always been in the top "five" slots on the comic index page. I think the lowest I ever saw was "4th".)

And an old bit I neglected to comment on....
lmjb1964 wrote:
taixzo wrote:
azule wrote:
pelrigg wrote:Part of me doesn't want to do this, but a larger part does. azule (and any others), are you willing to do your "what do I look like to the rest of you" post for me? (I usually don't go in for this type of thing, but I am curious.)
Seeing as you don't mind the redundancy, I'll get mine in and plea for any others to not be deterred. pelrigg, [name not available], interestingly you have managed to keep your distance even in this connected online age, but not forbidding your participation. I lost my gift about here....so please, someone pick this up for pelrigg. :) Or you like, or I'll continue another time. *yawn*

Pelrigg, you remind me of one of my friends, who is extremely nice and always wants to help out but is too shy to say something, so she stands in the doorway hoping someone will say something first.

Ok, now I am interested: what do I look like to the rest of you?

Nice OTTercomic! Steakish.

Let see...you are friendly, smart and helpful. Your sense of humor comes through in all of your posts, though it's a little more subtle. I think of you as being more reserved, not stand-offish and not shy, just a little lower-key. You're make a point to connect with others. Also, blue. :D

Thanks to all three of you for those comments. In many ways this is me in the "outside". (Stand off to one side. Wait for someone to notice me.) I'm a real wallflower. But, if you get me talking, sometimes I just can't seem to stop. (I get longwinded at times.)
@lmjb: I'm guessing when you say "blue", you're referring to my "down" periods. Yes, I do have to fight with the blue monster (a lot) and I hope that everybody on the OTT will overlook my mopey-er moments. I try not to inflict them on y'all too much. (Hmm.. I almost said "molpy-er" moments...)

And semi-related....
SBN wrote:
pelrigg wrote:Suggested names for additional molpy boosts: "Baby Bird", "Mama Bird", "Picklymolpy", "Flying Raptormolpy", "Snake"* (these could show up whenever and could have the same '+1%' increase for several of them)

Picklymolpy? Like these?
Spoiler:

SBN; I did find the Picklymolpies funny. Really I did. I'm sorry that I picked your comment as a springboard for my rant about folks commenting only on my mistakes and not about what I said. I guess I was being a little over-sensitive that dip.
I know that when someone makes a "great" goof, people want to give a little "grief" and rib the mistakee. ("Jose, Jose" was a recent example.) So, if (when) I make another flub and you've got a zinger for me, please let it fly... (Of course, if there's something else in the post worthwhile, it wouldn't hurt if someone could comment on that and not just the typo.) Anyway thanks for reading though this whine-fest....

and let's end this with an rONG. Here's my current "Sandcastle ONG" (M261). What's yours???
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

BlitzGirl

Sandcastle Builder Stuff

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:35 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Quick question on the Beachscaper badge... Does it need 100 of each kind of sand tool? The description sounds like 100 sand tools in total, but I'm past that, and haven't earned the badge.

It's actually 200 total not 100. I noticed and fixed the description a few minutes ago :P

Thanks, ED. :) I'm only 12 away, shouldn't take long!

Current SB newpix - M587.
Edit: Whoa, BFJ! is a crazy boost. I like it. :D
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Re: Sandcastle Builder Stuff

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:03 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:

Thanks, ED. :) I'm only 12 away, shouldn't take long!

Current SB newpix - M587.
Yeah it's seriously powerful.
Current SB newpix on my phone - M231. Because I Molpied Down and recently time travelled a whole bunch and I happened to stop a little way before that.
The one on PC is up to Current SB newpix - M587. But I haven't been playing so aggressively on that one, it's mainly there so I can test upgrading past versions into the local copy I test with. Also I had to open it again just now because I forgot after the blackout.
I'm currently working on resizing certain images with which you are recently familiar...
ETA I'm also thinking that I need some way of showing off the full size versions of the icons.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:20 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:<snip>
ETA I'm also thinking that I need some way of showing off the full size versions of the icons.

How about a gallery under the "Boosts" line?
Or on that Index page you mentioned? (I take it that'll be like c**ckies "Stat page"?)

=========

Does Judgment Dip start at a pre-set ONG or at a pre-set number of newpixbots/bot-boosts?

I have 18 newpixbots right now. (And I'm nowhere near waveney's incredible click rate.) I'm just poking along at 934,829 smnp. Not even a million yet...

Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:33 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Current SB newpix - M587.

Me too! But, I am embarrassed to admit that I do not know what BFJ is. :oops: I do not think I have it yet. When someone tells me what it is, I am quite likely to have a "duh" moment, I am sure. I am currently waiting to get enough sand to buy Bag Puns. I am currently at Judgement Dip lvl 1. Silly NPbots.
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:03 am UTC

It's one of the Blixtnedslag boosts, so you might not have it yet. But it's awesomeful. :D
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ergman

Postby ergman » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:09 am UTC

Happy 1500 everyone! I'm on my phone, so it's a little challenging to share images, so here's some ASCII cake:
Spoiler:
(
(
) ) (
) (o) )
( (o) ) ,|, )
(o) ,|, |~\ ( (o)
,|, |~\ ( \ | (o) ,|,
\~| \ | (o) |`\ ,|, |~\
|`\ |`\@@@,|,@@@@\ |@@@\~| \ |
\ | o@@@\ |@@@\~|@@@@|`\@@@|`\@@@o |`\
o|`\@@@@@|`\@@@|`\@@@@\ |@@@\ |@@@@@\ |o
o@@\ |@@@@@\ |@@@\ |@@@@@@@@@@|`\@@@@@|`\@@o
@@@@|`\@@@@@@@@@@@|`\@@@@@@@@@@\ |@@@@@\ |@@@@
p@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@\ |@@@@@@@@@@|`\@@@@@@@@@@@q
@@o@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@|`\@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@o@@
@:@@@o@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@o@@::@
::@@::@@o@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@o@@:@@::@
::@@::@@@@::oo@@@@oo@@@@@ooo@@@@@o:::@@@::::::
%::::::@::::::@@@@:::@@@:::::@@@@:::::@@:::::%
%%::::::::::::@@::::::@:::::::@@::::::::::::%%
::%%%::::::::::@::::::::::::::@::::::::::%%%::
.#::%::%%%%%%:::::::::::::::::::::::::%%%%%::%::#.
.###::::::%%:::%:%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%:%:::%%:::::###.
.#####::::::%:::::%%::::::%%%%:::::%%::::%::::::::::#####.
.######`:::::::::::%:::::::%:::::::::%::::%:::::::::'######.
.#########``::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::''#########.
`.#############```::::::::::::::::::::::::'''#############.'
`.######################################################.'
` .###########,._.,,,. #######<_\##################. '
` .#######,;: `,/____,__`\_____,_________,_____
` .###;;;`. _,;>-,------,,--------,----------'
` `,;' ~~~ ,'\######_/'####### . '
''~`'''' - .'/; - ' -Catalyst

I may not say very much around here, but I'm still present in the present. I just don't like posting for the sake of posting, so I'm working on some presents for youse. Ciao for now!
Well I can't really
Get the cake aligned right, so here's some of my own whipped up real quick:
{}
___|___
[777777 ]
Yeah I'm not good at this. Google it!
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:23 am UTC

Treeish, ergman! Image
To get ASCII to display right, try wrapping it in code tags, like so:

(
                       (
               )                    )             (
                       )           (o)    )
               (      (o)    )     ,|,            )
              (o)     ,|,          |~\    (      (o)
              ,|,     |~\    (     \ |   (o)     ,|,
              \~|     \ |   (o)    |`\   ,|,     |~\
              |`\     |`\@@@,|,@@@@\ |@@@\~|     \ |
              \ | o@@@\ |@@@\~|@@@@|`\@@@|`\@@@o |`\
             o|`\@@@@@|`\@@@|`\@@@@\ |@@@\ |@@@@@\ |o
           o@@\ |@@@@@\ |@@@\ |@@@@@@@@@@|`\@@@@@|`\@@o
          @@@@|`\@@@@@@@@@@@|`\@@@@@@@@@@\ |@@@@@\ |@@@@
          p@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@\ |@@@@@@@@@@|`\@@@@@@@@@@@q
          @@o@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@|`\@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@o@@
          @:@@@o@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@o@@::@
          ::@@::@@o@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@o@@:@@::@
          ::@@::@@@@::oo@@@@oo@@@@@ooo@@@@@o:::@@@::::::
          %::::::@::::::@@@@:::@@@:::::@@@@:::::@@:::::%
          %%::::::::::::@@::::::@:::::::@@::::::::::::%%
          ::%%%::::::::::@::::::::::::::@::::::::::%%%::
        .#::%::%%%%%%:::::::::::::::::::::::::%%%%%::%::#.
      .###::::::%%:::%:%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%:%:::%%:::::###.
    .#####::::::%:::::%%::::::%%%%:::::%%::::%::::::::::#####.
   .######`:::::::::::%:::::::%:::::::::%::::%:::::::::'######.
   .#########``::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::''#########.
   `.#############```::::::::::::::::::::::::'''#############.'
    `.######################################################.'
      ` .###########,._.,,,. #######<_\##################. '
         ` .#######,;:      `,/____,__`\_____,_________,_____
            `  .###;;;`.   _,;>-,------,,--------,----------'
                `  `,;' ~~~ ,'\######_/'#######  .  '
                    ''~`''''    -  .'/;  -    '       -Catalyst

(The code box uses a fixed-width font, which is needed for ASCII art.)
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:53 am UTC

pelrigg wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:<snip>

How about a gallery under the "Boosts" line?
Or on that Index page you mentioned? (I take it that'll be like c**ckies "Stat page"?)

=========

Does Judgment Dip start at a pre-set ONG or at a pre-set number of newpixbots/bot-boosts?

I have 18 newpixbots right now. (And I'm nowhere near waveney's incredible click rate.) I'm just poking along at 934,829 smnp. Not even a million yet...

The index page would be more of a title page which has a link to the game and a link to the wiki and to the OTC and OTT.
Judgement Dip has a complicated set of conditions but it's based off the number of castles built by newpixbots multiplied by the number of newpixbots, reaching a certain level. (It's based on the bots protesting their slavery, and the amount is multiplied by the number of bots because they're stronger together.) When they reach that level you get a countdown warning and when they reach twice that level you get Judgement Dip level 1 and then when you get to three times that level then it's level 2 and so on. A lot of NPB or industry related boosts decrease that level a bit, and bag burning decreases it.

BTW the power went off again so I'm going home to work from there.

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:11 am UTC

Still trying to get Bag Puns. I cannot reach the necessary sand requirements before the ONG. Perhaps in the mornip.

Molpy down!
Spoiler:
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

Eternal Density

Hey, Ocarina!

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:34 am UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:Still trying to get Bag Puns. I cannot reach the necessary sand requirements before the ONG. Perhaps in the mornip.

Molpy down!
Spoiler:

Coma Molpy Style is your friend

BlitzGirl

Re: Hey, Ocarina!

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:27 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:Still trying to get Bag Puns. I cannot reach the necessary sand requirements before the ONG. Perhaps in the mornip.

Molpy down!
Spoiler:

Heyyyy, Neat Sandcastle...
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Re: Hey, Ocarina!

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:51 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:

Molpy down!
Spoiler:

Heyyyy, Neat Sandcastle...
I was gonna write that but autofill suggested the other so I went with it.

### 0.998
- Missing a kitty delays the next kitty, increasing as you miss more but resetting when you click one or click for sand.
- VITSSÅGEN, JA!
- More tool badges
- Valued Customer and Fractals Forever made harder
- BFJ and FC more expensive
- Exa, Yotta and Zeta postfixes
- More BlitzGirl icons!
- Removed accidental overpowering of BKJ: forgot to remove some code when I reversed how its power works
Finally. Except that I can't seem to get the new version online, again. Even with ? on the URL. Annoying.

Now that's supposedly done, I can work on the stuff I meant to work on several nopix ago. Stupid power outages.
Co - co - co - co - Coma Molpy Style
ETA oh there it is now. even with out the ?. Just took a few minutes this time. Usually it's quicker.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:18 am UTC

Awesomeful, ED! :D
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:40 am UTC

Ketchup!

Around the middle of NP1500 AluisioASG wrote:
Spoiler:

Some things can't be unseen:
Spoiler:
no I am not going to post goatse/tubgirl/lemon party/one of the rotten.com images (does that still exist?) Even I am not that evil.

At the end of NP1500 AluisioASG wrote:Ugh. Story stuck at “How do I bring a dragon to this world?”
Guess I'll have to make a visit to MD.

They can fly for themselves. No need to insult them by carrying them.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

Eternal Density

A foreign show about sharks rescuing baby animals.

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:52 am UTC

Update with no gameplay changes!

### 0.999
- Some sort of title page thingy

ETA hmm the CSS didn't update on the first load but a refresh fixed it for me.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:04 am UTC

So, will we finally get a version 1 next, or will it be 0.9991? :P
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

waveney

Re: A foreign show about sharks rescuing baby animals.

Postby waveney » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:05 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Update with no gameplay changes!

### 0.999

The Buglet I reported yesterdip about Big Spender is still there. I have 'Valued Customer' but not 'Big Spender'. The bug is in CheckBuyUnlocks:

if(Molpy.castlesSpent>80000000000)
   {
      Molpy.EarnBadge('Valued Customer');
      Molpy.Boosts[Molpy.IKEA].startPower=0.6;
   }else if(Molpy.castlesSpent>200000000)
   {
      Molpy.EarnBadge('Big Spender');
      Molpy.Boosts[Molpy.IKEA].startPower=0.5;
   }else{
      Molpy.Boosts[Molpy.IKEA].startPower=0.4;
   }
should read

Molpy.Boosts[Molpy.IKEA].startPower=0.4;
   if(Molpy.castlesSpent>200000000)
   {
      Molpy.EarnBadge('Big Spender');
      Molpy.Boosts[Molpy.IKEA].startPower=0.5;
   };
        if(Molpy.castlesSpent>80000000000)
   {
      Molpy.EarnBadge('Valued Customer');
      Molpy.Boosts[Molpy.IKEA].startPower=0.6;
   };

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:09 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:So, will we finally get a version 1 next, or will it be 0.9991? :P

The version numbering seems to be a limit to 1, ever getting closer, never really reaching it. If 1 comes to close we'll get another nine. Thus we can find the "version number"by counting the nines. If the last number isn't a nine then it's a sub version number.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

he/him/his

Eternal Density

The Definitive Guide to Being Nice

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:33 am UTC

waveney wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:Update with no gameplay changes!

### 0.999

The Buglet I reported yesterdip about Big Spender is still there. I have 'Valued Customer' but not 'Big Spender'.
Thanks, I'd forgotten to look into that. You're right, I again forgot that some people would already be over the higher limit. It's a good thing I have you to keep my honest.

Also I just noticed that when I fiddle with the CSS I mustarded ALL the links to have the same (often wrong) background colour. Oops.
yappobiscuits wrote:So, will we finally get a version 1 next, or will it be 0.9991? :P
0.9991 is definitely next

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:46 am UTC

Agh the bag puns! :shock: Sneak attack!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:58 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Agh the bag puns! :shock: Sneak attack!

It is baginning again! Yaay!

he/him/his

Eternal Density

Never Underestimate Foreign Mammals, Volume IV

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:59 am UTC

You finally got them! :P :P
Fortunately I already... You'll find out soon enough. I hope it's soon enough. (and once you do you'll probably want to make an icon for it)

Anyhow,

### 0.9991
- fix buying badge mustard
- Fix css on links mustard
- fiddled with boost drawing because of reasons
Yay!

ETA looked at my phone to refresh for the new version in time to see ninja unstealth because forgot to click in time :(

waveney

Re: Never Underestimate Foreign Mammals, Volume IV

Postby waveney » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:03 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
Fortunately I already... You'll find out soon enough. I hope it's soon enough. (and once you do you'll probably want to make an icon for it)

Anyhow,

### 0.9991
Yay!

ETA looked at my phone to refresh for the new version in time to see ninja unstealth because forgot to click in time :(

The Badge is fixed but the game locks up when I make tagged boost visible...

Eternal Density

Re: Never Underestimate Foreign Mammals, Volume IV

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:05 am UTC

waveney wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:

Anyhow,

### 0.9991
Yay!

The Badge is fixed but the game locks up when I make tagged boost visible...
I can't see any badges. Uh oh. I seem to have busted something badly. ETA Ah it's the tagged that's teh cause. I renamed a function which it also uses. derp.

Eternal Density

Nobody Understands Space Roads

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:10 am UTC

### 0.9992
- fix tagged loot mustard
well.

ETA I think there is a rule that the quicker I add a new version, the longer it takes to actually go live.
Last edited by Eternal Density on Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:21 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

higgs-boson

Postby higgs-boson » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:19 am UTC

edo wrote:Thanks for the warm welcomes folks!

Thought of a great name for a boost (don't know if it exists yet): Blitzkrieg! Some mix of Judgement day and Blitzing, not sure how it would work.

The recklessness and close cut to to bones of international law of war of the military war strategy commonly known as "Blitzkrieg" keeps this semantic node already loaded heavily. I'm not old enough to remember the German Mess (which made use of both strategy and term, the latter for propaganda matters) firsthand, but I did not forget the history lessons, either.

I suggest to not use the term.
Apostolic Visitator, Holiest of Holy Fun-Havers
You have questions about XKCD: "Time"? There's a whole Wiki dedicated to it!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:21 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:

It is baginning again! Yaay!

NO.

So, the Dept. of Redundancy Dept. was Hill People tech all along! Are they the source of the redundakitties? Or are the redundakitties masters of the Hill People? Is Lucky a redundakitty in disguise? Will the Hill People ever stop throwing things in Cueball's pants? It's all a conspiracy, I tell you!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Internet pls give me 0.9992!

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:25 am UTC

The Hill People are sentient kittens. You know it is so.

Red Hal
Magically Delicious

Postby Red Hal » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:28 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:The Hill People are sentient kittens. You know it is so.
Lost Greatest Silent Baby X Y Z. "There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain..."

BlitzGirl

Re: Internet pls give me 0.9992!

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:36 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:The Hill People are sentient kittens. You know it is so.

Sentient kittens with a penchant for Affordable Swedish Home Furniture! Image
I was going to ask how kittens could throw things, but duh! Tiny trebuchets!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Finally got not lucky.

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:37 am UTC

Redundakitty is a pretty cool guy. Eh unlocks boosts and doesn't afraid of the big bag wolpy.

ETA just realised why my Redundakitties are so slow : I just got to the longpix. No excuse for the new version not appearing though.
Last edited by Eternal Density on Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:43 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

BlitzGirl

Re: Finally got not lucky.

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:43 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Redundakitty is a pretty cool guy. Eh unlocks boosts and doesn't afraid of the big bag wolpy.

*sigh*
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:48 am UTC

I missed semiTimeday and 1500? aw.

Hmm, this means I too am closer to the next birthday than the last!

Also, at some point between 8am and 1pm HES summer time (meaning I have to take the day off) I get real internets again!

Exclamation marks!
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:55 am UTC

Only 179 dips, 19 nopix until the 1-yip anniversary of Time!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Re: Finally got not lucky.

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:57 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Image

Finally unlocked it but I only have nearly half the 999G castles I need :(

Still not seeing 0.9992 :(

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”