1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Da Newpage of D

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:23 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Edit: Baobabs, I just got a 5,600% Blitzing. :shock:

Which is equivalent to 56x :P

D'oh! I've been duped by the switching of signs!

Ah well, it's still better than 8x, so that's something. :) And I really should be molpied down...I can't brain right now. Will reattempt coma.

Edit:
This newpage is brought to you by the letter D.
Optional Decree: Begin your post with a word starting with that letter!

Edit 2: Another question for ED:
Spoiler:
You noted that DoN's power wouldn't decay, but the price would go up. I bought it, and I noticed that the price was more expensive. However, the power had decayed to 41% (last Time I got it it was in the 50s).
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

taixzo

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby taixzo » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:39 pm UTC

d'Facepalm. Castle builder was working fine, turns out I just had to click on "Game".
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

Red Hal
Magically Delicious

Postby Red Hal » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:48 pm UTC

Definitely threw me when I reloaded!
Lost Greatest Silent Baby X Y Z. "There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain..."

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:24 pm UTC

Do to immediate exposure to high levels of "stupid" this mornix I am sure that I will be wanting to pay more attention to the OTT and OTG, rather than on my required "work". I have a rather low tolerance to "stupid", and my morning exposure is just about at the limit of tolerance. If this continues, further exposure will reach unhealthy levels. :|
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:29 pm UTC

(D for decree.)

slinches wrote:Am I losing my mind from playing too much Sandcastle Builder or did Megan get replaced by a beanie in newpix 148?

:!:

By Randall, you're right!

cellocgw

Re: Amanita

Postby cellocgw » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:37 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:
cellocgw wrote:
HES wrote:Hi future Amanita!

So is it legit to go back and edit posts in the sub - 1000 pages to retrospectively encourage Amanita?

And someone needs to find out if this is a Muscaria, Vaginata (I'm not making this up) or a Phalloides. It makes rather a difference :(

If it is not legal to go back and encourage people then I have already sinned.

Yeah, but to paraphrase my least-favorite Rodgers&Hammerstein, "You're dead already. You got nothing to lose."
https://app.box.com/witthoftresume
Former OTTer
Vote cellocgw for President 2020. #ScienceintheWhiteHouse http://cellocgw.wordpress.com
"The Planck length is 3.81779e-33 picas." -- keithl
" Earth weighs almost exactly π milliJupiters" -- what-if #146, note 7

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:03 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:Happy 900 posts, SBN!

Thank you.
k.bookbinder wrote:Do to immediate exposure to high levels of "stupid" this mornix I am sure that I will be wanting to pay more attention to the OTT and OTG, rather than on my required "work". I have a rather low tolerance to "stupid", and my morning exposure is just about at the limit of tolerance. If this continues, further exposure will reach unhealthy levels. :|

Go into Control Panel, click Advanced, uncheck, Allow Unlimited Stupid which will unlock the slider bar and allow you to set the level to a less dangerous level.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Amanita

Postby Amanita » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:04 pm UTC

Vytron wrote:I've caught up to page 120!

KuwabatakeSanjuro wrote:The creepiest part is seeing this in Lucia's signature before getting caught up to the actual post. Or was the statement repeated? It's like seeing glimpses into the future.

I know! Right?

Yes, catching up to the context of some of these quotes has been fantastic. I specially liked patzer's

TheMulattoMaker wrote:Wow...

...when I stumbled out of bed this morning, I had no idea I'd accidently a meme, let alone inadvertently a religion. :shock:

As I was reading that before even finding out about the comic itself. So it was awesome finding the source of the quote, and its context, in real time :)

That's something only someone that reads everything can appreciate. So, to all the people that skipped pages in order to catch up: Shame, shame on you! A wiki page has been advertized that gives a "summary" of all the pages in the thread, I'll really doubt it's the same experience, though I'll probably never know, since I'll read the wiki after catching up with the thread, and it's still outpacing me by a significant factor.

Feel free to leave me a time capsule by replying to this message, I'll read it once I catch up with page 274 ("current page") which should be about 2 weeks from now (which would make the "current page"... I don't know which one, let me check...)

TRIPLE NINJA'ED: Wow! And to think I won't read these three messages until a much later time! This is a new way of interacting with forums for me.

This is very true - the experience of moving through the thread and seeing all of the time-bending edits and encouraging sig messages must be a rather different journey from those going through it the first time. I have seen the End Frame, although I don't know what it means :shock:
I have been exercising iron self-control while reading the Book of Aubron and never skipped a frame ahead of the current place in the needle-pulled thing.
I have tasted the Reckoning, although I was never there to truly feel its sweet warping. I have laughed and cried along with you all, but separated by a blanket of Time, so you never knew it.

Hi, many-times-future Vytron! I look forward to catching up to your post-catching-up-reply-to-my-post-catching-up-reply.
Archbishop of Time for the moment
Blitzing since 21/9/13 - currently at 17,960 posts and counting

Eternal Density

Very late for coma!

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:12 pm UTC

Duuuuuh???
Earthling on Mars wrote:Image

(D for decree.)

slinches wrote:Am I losing my mind from playing too much Sandcastle Builder or did Megan get replaced by a beanie in newpix 148?

I'm sure I saw Megan when I saw this post before it was quoted but now it's a beanie. What's going on?
taixzo wrote:d'Facepalm. Castle builder was working fine, turns out I just had to click on "Game".
Yes. As for the javascript error, that's because it was loading an old version of the javascript which hadn't been configured to notice that the game wasn't around so it would try to do stuff like create the ONG clock.

re BlitzGirl's question: oops I just didn't update the description is all.

Code: Select all

### 0.9994
- Swedish Chef follows on from VITSSÅGEN, JA!
- 3 More swedish/shopping related boosts
- fiddled with sell pricing a little to ensure no cheating :P
- update DON description
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:43 pm UTC

SBN wrote:

Thank you.
k.bookbinder wrote:Do to immediate exposure to high levels of "stupid" this mornix I am sure that I will be wanting to pay more attention to the OTT and OTG, rather than on my required "work". I have a rather low tolerance to "stupid", and my morning exposure is just about at the limit of tolerance. If this continues, further exposure will reach unhealthy levels. :|

Go into Control Panel, click Advanced, uncheck, Allow Unlimited Stupid which will unlock the slider bar and allow you to set the level to a less dangerous level.

Does that actually work for you? :shock:

Perhaps the company you work for is not the same as the one I work for. We are not so technologically advanced as to be able to manipulate the level of Stupid in the office at any given time. We also have issues with additional Stupid contamination from client emails. You would think we could somehow filter that to prevent leakage, but I suspect that is a limitation of our inferior technology. This should be no surprise, actually. Our building creaks when it is windy (though this is sometimes nice as it creates a lulling atmosphere akin to being on a ship - I just rock and sway a little in my chair to complete the effect).

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:04 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:
Around the middle of NP1500 AluisioASG wrote:
Spoiler:

Some things can't be unseen:
Spoiler:
no I am not going to post goatse/tubgirl/lemon party/one of the rotten.com images (does that still exist?) Even I am not that evil.

For now, I am sure. Meanwhile, color is darkness, links is safety, image is death.

Neil_Boekend wrote:
At the end of NP1500 AluisioASG wrote:Ugh. Story stuck at “How do I bring a dragon to this world?”
Guess I'll have to make a visit to MD.

They can fly for themselves. No need to insult them by carrying them.

They could spend a thousand lifetimes flying across the clouds, traveling as far as they could, and they'd never guess their world was just next to ours.

Amanita wrote:Greetings future people! (if any remnants of civilisation yet remain...)

Yes, we're still here.

Amanita wrote:I am trekking through the long history of time and I have an important message from the past:

LWPAII is clearly "Laughing while penises are intimately inserted".

No. Obviously it means Yankee Journaling Council for New Virtual Ventures.

cellocgw wrote:And someone needs to find out if this is a Muscaria, Vaginata (I'm not making this up) or a Phalloides. It makes rather a difference :(

Pantherina. Or Smithiana.

For SBN:
Spoiler:
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:21 pm UTC

Decided to make an OTColorization because it's been a while since we saw one. But as soon as I opened MSPaint I realized that I absolutely suck at painting so I spent a whopping 2 minutes whipping this elementary-level masterpiece together for you to feast your eyes upon! :mrgreen: Unfortunately I mustarded up the pricklymolp so much you can't even tell what it is. :P

HERE LIES REDUNDANCY
Spoiler:
OTColor.png
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

Whizbang
The Best Reporter

Postby Whizbang » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:25 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:
Spoiler:
Decided to make an OTColorization because it's been a while since we saw one. But as soon as I opened MSPaint I realized that I absolutely suck at painting so I spent a whopping 2 minutes whipping this elementary-level masterpiece together for you to feast your eyes upon! :mrgreen: Unfortunately I mustarded up the pricklymolp so much you can't even tell what it is. :P

I like the way you did the rocks.

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:38 pm UTC

Whizbang wrote:
Valarya wrote:
Spoiler:

I like the way you did the rocks.

Definitely has an old-school minimalist sensibility about it. I like it :)

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Re: Very late for coma!

Postby Earthling on Mars » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:56 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
Spoiler:
Earthling on Mars wrote:

I'm sure I saw Megan when I saw this post before it was quoted but now it's a beanie. What's going on?

As far as I know, it's been a beanie since I posted it...

@Valarya - good colorization!

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:03 pm UTC

D'aww, thanks xuys. :D

In something else RELATED... I was looking for a molpy-up picture the other day and came across this gem. Look! It's our own HES and ChronosDragon playing well during freetime. xD

Spoiler:
hamster dragon.png

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:33 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:
SBN wrote:

Thank you.

Does that actually work for you? :shock:

Perhaps the company you work for is not the same as the one I work for. We are not so technologically advanced as to be able to manipulate the level of Stupid in the office at any given time. We also have issues with additional Stupid contamination from client emails. You would think we could somehow filter that to prevent leakage, but I suspect that is a limitation of our inferior technology. This should be no surprise, actually. Our building creaks when it is windy (though this is sometimes nice as it creates a lulling atmosphere akin to being on a ship - I just rock and sway a little in my chair to complete the effect).

Well, it would work, if I had the right Control Panel. I'd actually prefer client stupid. Management stupid is generally much longer lasting. They've fixed the work-life balance problem though... From now on employees just need to tell their boss and disconnect, and they won't bother you unless it is important. So, yeah, that'll totally stop next Saturday's 8 hour conference call.
AluisioASG wrote:For SBN:

Thanks!
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Don't forget:1 #newslide is up.

Thanks for your compliments everybody!

ucim wrote:@Kieryn - I've been enjoying your #newslides! Very treeish and steakish, but not like a tree made of steak, or a steak made of trees (steambottle!) (even if stakes are made from trees) It's hardly much of a prediction that Little Kieryn will go up the stairs with the lantern, and it will die halfway up. There will be people there, and he will discover something really cool after he finishes being scared out of his wits. I predict the people are there to observe something relating to the sky, and seasons, perhaps based on superstitions.

Jose

ggh wrote:
Kieryn wrote:Also, I would like to let you know that I had noticed that the gamma setting on apple devices causes my latest slides to be too dark. I've therefore added a gamma correction for apple devices which should enhance your viewing pleasure as Obelisk concludes this week.

I'm frantically trying to finish up the last couple of slides in the moments between kids, work and sleep.

Cool! I was looking through the slides again today, and I could see enough to be creeped out even more. Are they going to be in your tent when you return? I'm glad to know in advance that you survive!

Nice guesses :-) Wait for it...

yappobiscuits wrote:
Kieryn wrote:Also, I would like to let you know that I had noticed that the gamma setting on apple devices causes my latest slides to be too dark. I've therefore added a gamma correction for apple devices which should enhance your viewing pleasure as Obelisk concludes this week.

Oh, yay! I used to have to turn my brightness all the way up to be able to see them, this is much better, thanks! And it's finishing? Aww no. Well, thanks for at least warning us of your impending Voldeframe, unlike GLR...

Don't worry too much there... obelisk will be my first of many stories to come... plus general artwork, jokes and stuff that may be more typical of a web-comic.

1Retro-edited for the decree.
Last edited by Kieryn on Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:16 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

ucim

Postby ucim » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:08 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:#newslide is up.
... and it is treeish!

Painters are outside my window, and I thought maybe they had started a blowtorch or hair dryer or something, which would be not totally beyond the pale but certainly unexpected... I started to investigate and then realized what was happening. :)

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:28 pm UTC

ucim wrote:
... and it is treeish!

Painters are outside my window, and I thought maybe they had started a blowtorch or hair dryer or something, which would be not totally beyond the pale but certainly unexpected... I started to investigate and then realized what was happening. :)

Jose

Oh neat! I wouldn't have heard it if you hadn't mentioned it, Jose. Gives the newslide so much more depth. I like the hover text, too. ;)

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:01 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:
ucim wrote:
... and it is treeish!

Jose

Oh neat! I wouldn't have heard it if you hadn't mentioned it, Jose. Gives the newslide so much more depth. I like the hover text, too. ;)

Aw :( I cannot listen to the sound effects at work.

mikrit

Postby mikrit » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:07 pm UTC

Don't I always start my posts with a D?
SBN wrote:At least you have a vowel.

For SBN: five anagrams. (I am not good with anagrams, but I am a rule-bender.)

SNB = Sad News Bear, a New Zealand based weekly newspaper featuring sad news.
BNS = Bathiya & Santhush, the Sri Lankan Pop Duo.
BSN = Burgerservicenummer, the Citizen's Service Number assigned to citizen's of the Netherlands.
NBS = Newcastle Building Society.
NSB = Night Sky Background, notation used in astronomy/astrophysics.

Hey, the last two are RELATED.
Hatted and wimpled by ergman.
Dubbed "First and Eldest of Ottificators" by svenman.
Febrion wrote: "etc" is latin for "this would look better with more examples, but I can't think of any".

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:11 pm UTC

mikrit wrote:Don't I always start my posts with a D?

BSN = Burgerservicenummer, the Citizen's Service Number assigned to citizen's of the Netherlands.

Dutch people are… burgers? Or maybe fast-food consumers?
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:14 pm UTC

Debating which of these should be my post.

Do I have to start with a D?

Do I usually follow decrees?

Decrees are things I don't always follow.

Do I like cake? Don't know.
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:16 pm UTC

mikrit wrote:Don't I always start my posts with a D?

SNB = Sad News Bear, a New Zealand based weekly newspaper featuring sad news.
BNS = Bathiya & Santhush, the Sri Lankan Pop Duo.
NBS = Newcastle Building Society.
NSB = Night Sky Background, notation used in astronomy/astrophysics.

Hey, the last two are RELATED.

I would say the last 3 are related, considering mscha's influence on the OTT, and of course XKCD what-if and the world and hypothetical worlds in general.

ETA: My 888th post, or another way of putting it - my 8th eleventy first one. Sorry I have no speeches or vanishing acts prepared. :)
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:20 pm UTC

Sciscitor wrote:@azule: Thank you for the 404 graphics. I like the first one and will some time this wipend incorporate it into the Database site. The mousover would be treeish but a bit too sophisticated for an error page which should be able to load quickly and with no fuss.
Yay! I'm glad you liked it. I agree, the first simple one is good. And I agree that the mouseover would add too many bytes to the error page.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

HES

Postby HES » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:09 pm UTC

Valarya wrote: Look! It's our own HES and ChronosDragon playing well during freetime. xD

D'aww!
I spent a fair while trying to think of something constructive to say, but D'aww. that is all.
He/Him/His Image

karhell

Re: Beacon Beta, Papal Decree

Postby karhell » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:26 pm UTC

Dammit, it's Karhell's wanderings, again!
1116th mile of a very long journey (1503 miles... gaaaaaah)

Cuegan and the Beanies have entered a castle ! An actual real sized castle ! These are exciting times !

As I explore the countryside of OTTland, I encounter many wonders. Amidst many discussions of math and the infinity of infinities (of infinitely different sizes, no less), and music (fascinating, more on that later), I encounter yet another artifact : Beacon Beta is in sight, and since I'm way more than five pages back, here's my report.

AluisioASG wrote:Firsts things first:
Time Travelers: Welcome to Beacon Beta.

Please report to the Future Present if you're more then 5 pages behind.
The Tracker will be available soon.
<snip>

Nice looking beacon there, It's of great comfort to the weary traveler. I'll be waiting for the tracker ^^

Now that that's done, on to other interesting matters. There are a lot of great voice recordings, and considerations of the OTSoundtrack.
In this time, Yappo is considering a dynamic soundtrack for the OTC, which reminded me of this blog post by Krin Juangbhanich about Canary, a similar system.
If the OTSoundtrack is still a work in progress, it might be worth a look.

That's about it for now, I'll be on my way, trying to get closer to the present

ETA : papal decree
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

ergman

Postby ergman » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:51 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:Decided to make an OTColorization because it's been a while since we saw one. But as soon as I opened MSPaint I realized that I absolutely suck at painting so I spent a whopping 2 minutes whipping this elementary-level masterpiece together for you to feast your eyes upon! :mrgreen: Unfortunately I mustarded up the pricklymolp so much you can't even tell what it is. :P

HERE LIES REDUNDANCY
Spoiler:
OTColor.png

Dayum! You made that in MSpaint? I've been procrastinating my way through an OTColrization for weeks, having a lot of trouble. Ima take you as inspiration and work on it now.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:02 pm UTC

Time for a manip...

ETA: Ninja'd by Zorin_75, by only two months... Image
Last edited by mscha on Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:30 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:22 pm UTC

Definitely a treeish manip, mscha!
Despite some effort, I didn't find another word (which hadn't been used before) to start the post with.
Darn!
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:29 pm UTC

Don't know how long I've been gone.

Don't know when I'll be able to ketchup.

Don't know why the forum won't automatically log me in like I ask it to.

Damn Outside has me trapped. Desperate measures may be called for.

Do you know what would be good right now? Dunkin' Donuts.

Don't forget me! D... *signal breaks off*

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

BlitzGirl

Da Ketchup

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:37 pm UTC

Dear lmjb - best of luck fighting the Outside.
Do return to us in Time!

Delightful OTColored frame, Valarya, and dune manip, mscha!
Definitely treeish to see you, karhell.
Dat's all for a riverish ketchup todip.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:38 pm UTC

Do not not give in to the Outside! @lmjb1964

ergman

Postby ergman » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:40 pm UTC

Done! Don't really like it that much, wish I could have drawn it better. Does the grey and green part even look like a harbor, concrete thing with a rusted ladder for higher and lower tides? Probably not, but whatever.
Drew all of it on my phone but the boat, which is from google images.

Dis is redundant:
Spoiler:
image.jpg
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:43 pm UTC

Dang, ergman!
Delightful Colorization!
Definitely got what you were going for. :D

k.bookbinder wrote:Do not not give in to the Outside! @lmjb1964
Spoiler:

Deserving of a scrumptious donut, lmjb1964 is not!

*dithers about unmolpishly*

*dares to look up at lmjb's post again*

...Duh.

Dumb, dumb BlitzGirl.

Don't assume euphemism when what she wanted actually was a

Delicious Dunkin' Donut.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:44 pm UTC

ergman wrote:Done! Don't really like it that much, wish I could have drawn it better. Does the grey and green part even look like a harbor, concrete thing with a rusted ladder for higher and lower tides? Probably not, but whatever.
Drew all of it on my phone but the boat, which is from google images.
Spoiler:
Dis is redundant:
image.jpg

Definitely looks like your boat! :lol: :mrgreen: Very well done!

ETA: Sometimes a donut is just a donut :)

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:53 pm UTC

Do take a piece of cake, y'all!

List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:02 pm UTC

Delighted to, mscha! :) Congrats on 2500 posts!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Purplepants77

Postby Purplepants77 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:03 pm UTC

Hi everyone! Long time no see! Just thought I'd pop in and say hi for a couple reasons.

First, I'm at the beginning of the anti-fade (which I think turns out to be a sunset based on the frame I accidentally saw before I was there) on NP 937. Thats the last time I posted IIRC, so I thought I'd give another update. Things are looking great back here, hope you've been keeping up the good work! (I'm sure you have :P )

Second, I'm pretty sure
Spoiler:
Time has ended! :shock:
from what I gather, but I'm still going in order at my own pace. Many newpix in the future I may finally join you, but for now I still Wait for It.

Third, I'm providing a long overdue song that I promised ages ago. I have like 3 other ones partially finished (that have stayed that way for a long time) but this one just popped into my head after I saw k.bookbinder's Goodby Blue Sky. Not sure if this one has already been done or not and maybe I've even been retro-future ninja'd but I hope you like it anyway! Its from Cueballs point of view mostly and definitely aimed at the Megball shippers (sorry if they turn out to be related or something!). Meant to be about the raptorcat attack during their climb up the mountain. Enjoy :)

Spoiler:
"Megan" based on Pink Floyd's Mother (Sorry, the superior album version is copyright protected on Youtube, at least in the US)

Megan do you think we’ll travel long?
Megan do you think they'll like this Ong?
Megan do you think that we should bring our bags?
Megan do we leave the flags?

Megan don’t we understand things yet?
Megan don’t you see the raptorcat?
Megan can’t you see you’re in the firing line!?
Was this just a waste of Time?

Hush now Megan, baby, don’t you cry.
Cueball’s gonna use part of the flag just for you.
Cueball won’t let you turn it a beautiful hue.
Cueball's gonna help you jump up over the stream.
He won’t let you fall, but he might let you dream.
Cueball’s gonna keep Megan cozy and warm.
Ooooh Megan ooooh Megan oooooh Meg
Of course Cueball’s gonna help you stand tall.

Megan do you think you’re strong enough -- to walk?
Megan do you think it's dangerous -- to walk?
Megan what if Lucky tore your Cue apart?
Megan would it break your heart?

Hush now Megan, baby don’t you cry.
Cueball's gonna check out all the molpies for you.
Cueball won’t let scary raptors get through.
Cueball's gonna wait up until you get well.
Cueball will always care more than he tells.
Cueball's gonna keep Megan healthy and safe.
Ooooh Megan oooh Megan oooh Meg,
You'll always be baby to me.

Megan, did it need to be so high?

Finally, a reply to something that actually related to my contributions to the OTT. Seeing as I haven't much, relating to something I actually did say has become something of an anomaly :P
Spoiler:
Dracomax wrote:but the future refused to change...

That sounds familiar :P
Still blitzing away and will be for some time.

Current Location: NP 1432
NP from Present: 891
Current Progress: 61.6%

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”