1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby SBN » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:43 am UTC

I think we need some cute:

bunmolpies:
Spoiler:

waterottermolpies:
Spoiler:

wolpy with bonus meowpy
Spoiler:

Carry on.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

pelrigg

Re: Lack of working

Postby pelrigg » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:59 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Um.... I opened a new tab and it's working fine for me. Maybe intermittent connectivityiissues from github? I dunno, I haven't touched anything in over a dip and a half.

If a tool doesn't say how many castles it destroys then it destroys none .

I just opened a new tab and brought up Sandcastle: It still shows the same screen I mentioned above. (I did look under the "stats" button though. All it shows is the list of categories, with no info.) Oh, and I just noticed the ONG clock has stopped at the "30" mark (I'm on longpix.)

So your thinking this is a Github problem? (They're not being affected by our stupid, stupid shutdown, are they?)
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:14 am UTC

pelrigg wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:Um.... I opened a new tab and it's working fine for me. Maybe intermittent connectivityiissues from github? I dunno, I haven't touched anything in over a dip and a half.

I just opened a new tab and brought up Sandcastle: It still shows the same screen I mentioned above. (I did look under the "stats" button though. All it shows is the list of categories, with no info.) Oh, and I just noticed the ONG clock has stopped at the "30" mark (I'm on longpix.)

So your thinking this is a Github problem? (They're not being affected by our stupid, stupid shutdown, are they?)

Maybe a JavaScript file isn't loading. Or maybe you found a condition that causes the game to crash which I haven't fixed yet. Actually that sounds more likely. If the stats categories appear but with no values... Well the labels are hardcoded into the html page so they always appear. Can you see any error messages in a JavaScript console window?
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:21 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
pelrigg wrote:

Maybe a JavaScript file isn't loading. Or maybe you found a condition that causes the game to crash which I haven't fixed yet. Actually that sounds more likely. If the stats categories appear but with no values... Well the labels are hardcoded into the html page so they always appear. Can you see any error messages in a JavaScript console window?

Please excuse my ignorance: "JavaScript console window"?????
(I have the game back open [third time todip, same non-response] so if you can give me a hint what to do, I'll report back ASAP.)

--------------

@SBN: wingish molpy pics... Thanks....

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

ronaldkr

Postby ronaldkr » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:17 am UTC

Hi ED,

what I have is not a Javasript console (I can get a Java console, but that seems to be for Java proper which I don't have installed), but an error console that shows browser errors. Opera 12.15 gives (excerpt):
MIME type: redundant/nocat
Spoiler:
Wheredidmycastlesgo_errors.png

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:32 am UTC

ronaldkr wrote:Hi ED,

what I have is not a Javasript console (I can get a Java console, but that seems to be for Java proper which I don't have installed), but an error console that shows browser errors. Opera 12.15 gives (excerpt):
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Hi ronaldkr...
Thanks for showing up with that screenshot. From the looks of it I'm most likely having the same problem from the same source. (Since I haven't gotten any feedback about my question, I'm going to take a flying leap and assume I would need to have JavaScript console installed in order to use it. I know I have Java, but I'm not sure about the rest. [I call myself "computer semi-literate". I know enough odd-ball stuff here and there, but nothing that makes me a whiz-kid at it.])

Hopefully ED will see this and let us know where the fault is.

ronaldkr

Postby ronaldkr » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:16 am UTC

ED, another one from Firefox, which displays JS errors:

totally catless (she's sleeping anyway):
Spoiler:
Wheredidmycastlesgo_errors1_ff.png

In the hope that the graphic is readable. If not, I'll PM it to you as it contains at least a line number to a JS error.

Edit: The spoilered image is readable in a new window. Great.

Eternal Density

Game Y U NO WORK?

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:24 am UTC

ronaldkr wrote:Hi ED,

Spoiler:
Those errors are just because some features require different attributes for different browsers so some apply and some are ignored.
Most browsers have a JavaScript console built in somewhere. A quick search indicates opera has one in the Tools - Advanced menu. Hopefully it'll show any javascript errors. Unless that's what you already used, in which case I really don't know.

ETA Number.isFinite is not a function? Okay that sounds like I did something stupid in the latest version. Dunno why it doesn't effect me...

Oooor maybe that function doesn't work in all browsers?
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

pelrigg

Re: Game Y U NO WORK?

Postby pelrigg » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:32 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Those errors are just because some features require different attributes for different browsers so some apply and some are ignored.
Most browsers have a JavaScript console built in somewhere. A quick search indicates opera has one in the Tools - Advanced menu. Hopefully it'll show any javascript errors. Unless that's what you alreadyuused, in which case I really don't know.

Thanks for the hint ED.
I found it under "F12 Developer tools" with a tab that said "console" (in IE). Shorter version: here's a copy/paste of what I got from that:
HTML1500: Tag cannot be self-closing. Use an explicit closing tag.
castle.html, line 64 character 28
HTML1508: Unmatched end tag.
castle.html, line 64 character 54
castle.html, line 65 character 30
castle.html, line 65 character 57
castle.html, line 66 character 25
SCRIPT438: Object doesn't support property or method 'isFinite'
castle.js, line 38 character 2

Does this mean anything to you?

:?

Ninja edit: I see you edited in a note about 'isFinite' while I was getting this.
ED ninja-ing pelrigg? That's never happened before.... :roll: :evil: :twisted: :wink:

ronaldkr

Re: Game Y U NO WORK?

Postby ronaldkr » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:40 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Most browsers have a JavaScript console built in somewhere. A quick search indicates opera has one in the Tools - Advanced menu. Hopefully it'll show any javascript errors. Unless that's what you already used, in which case I really don't know.

ETA Number.isFinite is not a function? Okay that sounds like I did something stupid in the latest version. Dunno why it doesn't effect me...

Oooor maybe that function doesn't work in all browsers?

Hi EternalDensity,

well I fell for that "Java console" in Opera too, but it seems to be a link to Java's own console which is deinstalled on my heap. I was somewhat disappointed with Firefox' error display too ... but then I read your ETA only after starting to quote; let's hope you find something. Cheers!

Otter down for me.

Eternal Density

that was easy once I knew where to look

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:49 am UTC

Code: Select all

### 1.55
- isFinite() works on more browsers than Number.isFinite. Okay.
- a missing space in sand purifier description
- DoN doesn't always lock on load

Sorry about that, I should have done more compabability checking :(

CameronCat

Re: Game is hosed!

Postby CameronCat » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:59 am UTC

Pelrigg:
You are not alone! I hit identical problems two days ago. I ran all my clean-up programs, and tried a couple other tricks with no joy. After attempting many reloads, I figured it had to be something on my machine and just gave up on the whole deal. (I don't speak JavaScript and have no further clue on the problem; it was working fine until it didn't on re-load.) I'm still roundly pissed about losing all my hard-earned gains, though. Grrrr...

CC
Apprentice Curmudgeon by appointment to the Order of the Holy Contradiction
Knight Luminary and Second Prelate of the Proscenium
It's all related

pelrigg

Re: that was easy once I knew where to look

Postby pelrigg » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:00 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:

### 1.55
- isFinite() works on more browsers than Number.isFinite. Okay.
- a missing space in sand purifier description
- DoN doesn't always lock on load

Sorry about that, I should have done more compabability checking :(

Okay....
I just refreshed.
The good news is: The three boxes under the Newpix now have the info in them. And the Sand and Castles Tool boxes are up and filled in.
The bad news is: The clock is still at the "30" mark. Sand rate is at "0 sand/mNP". "Loot" box is still empty. "Game Loade" is still stuck midscreen.

The current console info is:
castle.html, line 64 character 28
castle.html, line 64 character 54
castle.html, line 65 character 30
castle.html, line 65 character 57
castle.html, line 66 character 25
SCRIPT438: Object doesn't support property or method 'isNaN'
redundancy.js, line 17 character 2

Sorry to be such a pain...
Or is it IE????

------------------

@CameronCat: Saw your post after I submitted mine. Sorry to hear you're having troubles. I think I saw something from a few dips ago that others were having problems.
Let's cross our fingers and hope our info is still out there and not lost. And that all it will take is us getting back onto the game.
Oh, and I don't speak JavaScript either. It wasn't until ED mentioned looking in "Tools" and my seat of the pants guess to select the "F12" thing that I was even able to find the stuff I've posted.

Eternal Density

*sigh*

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:09 am UTC

Whoops in one place I had Number.isNaN() while everywhere else I had just isNaN. So it's just another instance of the previous error I fixed. *sigh*

BRB rolling new version...

ronaldkr

Re: that's what they always think ...

Postby ronaldkr » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:13 am UTC

Hi ED,

now the tools and status boxes are restored, but there is still no status, no right pane and no progress with sand collection. The ONG clock is at 0:30 as before. The screen print shows the state after importing an older export file, the notifications just hang at the bottom of the screen. And the tools have no mouseover text expansion. Brr.
Spoiler:
Wheredidmycastlesgo_errors_2.gif

This overlaps with ED's last post -- he's way too fast! Let's see what the last change brought.

Edit: no change. Sorry.

Edit2: It's still version 1.55. Maybe I was too fast this time.

Eternal Density

No I'm too slow. Or too fast to do it right.

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:17 am UTC

### 1.56
- ditto for isNaN() (which was only wrong in 1 out of 2 places. derp.)
- fixed the check for whether to allow purchase of more glass storage space.

So sorry!

Naturally this'll take an age to actually go live because pushing the second version always takes longer than the first one. But you can now (if stuff is working) see the version number on the index page, and can hopefully amuse yourself with redundant information until then.
ETA or perhaps not, it looks live to me now. Pleasant surprise.
Now to dry some dishes and hope to return to people saying it's fixed.

CameronCat

Postby CameronCat » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:22 am UTC

Holy Cats, that was quick! It is fixed here -- mine's back up and running with all data as last seen. I'm seeing Ver 1.56 if that's any help.

Ladies and gents, I believe we owe ED at least a beer if not a bottle of single malt!

Thanks. Over and out.

CC
Apprentice Curmudgeon by appointment to the Order of the Holy Contradiction
Knight Luminary and Second Prelate of the Proscenium
It's all related

ronaldkr

Postby ronaldkr » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:29 am UTC

ED,
WOW! I can only second CameronCat. Thanks a lot.

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:32 am UTC

Thanks Ed...
It's up and running...

Now the bad news: I have 'Judgment Dip Warning' which says I have 4NP on the countdown; but I also have 'Judgment Dip' which says "8 castles per mNP are being destroyed". How can both be running at the same Time?

Also I "just" bought 'Bag Burning'. I guess that helps....

-----

ETA
re CameronCat's suggestion: How about a six pack of Fosters (oil can size).
Last edited by pelrigg on Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:36 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Eternal Density

Hold your applause.

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:33 am UTC

I deleted the characters "Number." from 3 places. That is all. And I missed one the first time.
I should instead be rapped on the knuckles for not noticing that only works on some browsers from the start.

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:45 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:This is so treeish, azule! Glad you mentioned the link in the second title, though. i hadn't noticed it.
Thanks. Darn, I can't seem to keep the mustard out of my communication. Maybe I should timeout the index page to redirect to the viewer. Thanks for the feedback!

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

ChronosDragon

Re: Hold your applause.

Postby ChronosDragon » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:15 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:I deleted the characters "Number." from 3 places. That is all. And I missed one the first time.
I should instead be rapped on the knuckles for not noticing that only works on some browsers from the start.

Browser compatibility, she is a bitch.

Wouldn't it be nice if there were standards for this sort of thing? ;)

Eternal Density

Re: Hold your applause.

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:40 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:I deleted the characters "Number." from 3 places. That is all. And I missed one the first time.

Wouldn't it be nice if there were standards for this sort of thing? ;)

ni ni ni ni ni chupacabra ping pong ball
*rubs tummy and pats head*

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:05 am UTC

Earthling on Mars wrote:
OSH

This is Megan.
What newpix is she from?

This hasn't been answered yet.
I'm going to say M2511 (the morning after The Long Night when she was wandering around.)

And with that I'm going to molpy down...
Sleepy_Ferret_1024x768.jpg
Last edited by pelrigg on Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:10 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Eternal Density

yay

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:06 am UTC

Okay here's some actually new stuff:

### 1.6
- Some error reporting to people don't have to find the javascript console and know more obviously that something went wrong
- emergency export button on Index page: exports cookie value directly without parsing it so that if the game is broken they can still get at their save and back it up or transfer it.
- Index now links to both the Time wiki main page and the game wiki page
- Boost prices now don't show amounts with 0
- Boost prices now handle glass blocks
- Added a boost which - surprise surprise - costs glass blocks
- Changed BR tags (the way I was doing it was an xhtml thing :P)

Enjoy!
Hopefully future errors will be easier to diagnose because of these changes. Hopefully.

ETA weird bug: I just reloaded and got Boost Unlocked: Free Advice. Which I bought this mornip. Oh dear.

ETA but I do have another boost which I shouldn't. Must have got the order wrong somehow?
ETA yes

### 1.61
- Fixed boosts out of order

mustard!

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:41 am UTC

@SBN - Lovely papal puppies and other molpies. Loved the cute meowlpy and wolpy combo. :)

@EVERYONE - thanks for keeping this puppy alive. Note: not my job to keep the puppy alive.. I believe that's SBN's job. :D

ChronosDragon wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:I should instead be rapped on the knuckles for not noticing that only works on some browsers from the start.

It is indeed. I haven't even begun to worry about compatibility on my project (yes, I know: bad me). I probably will once it is way more functional and definitely if my logs say I have visitors who need the compatibility. :mrgreen: I don't know about IE compatibility, though. Does anyone use a version that supports SVG?

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Yep, titles are everything! :wink:
Spoiler:
A Beanish Farm

Molpy molpy molpy molpy,
Molpy molpy molpy molpy.
Molpy molpy molpy molpy,
Grapevine, grapevine.

Spoiler:
Refuting The Claim That I Am Crazy

Molpy molpy molpy molpy,
Molpy molpy molpy molpy.
Molpy molpy molpy molpy,
Grapevine, grapevine.

Spoiler:
Recipe For The One True Salad

Molpy molpy molpy molpy,
Molpy molpy molpy molpy.
Molpy molpy molpy molpy,
Grapevine, grapevine.

Spoiler:
What's In My Pants? Let's See...

Molpy molpy molpy molpy,
Molpy molpy molpy molpy.
Molpy molpy molpy molpy,
Grapevine, grapevine.

Laughed till I cried. Thanks, BG! Can't imagine trying to explain that post to a non-OTTer. And the same goes for:

BlitzGirl wrote:Silly ED. Hey, gives me ideas for more titles...
Spoiler:
A Conversation With ED After His Head Injury

Molpy molpy molpy molpy,
Molpy molpy molpy molpy.
Molpy molpy molpy molpy,
Grapevine, grapevine.

Spoiler:
A Conversation With ED Before His Head Injury

Molpy molpy molpy molpy,
Molpy molpy molpy molpy.
Molpy molpy molpy molpy,
Grapevine, grapevine.

Spoiler:
To Be Fair, This Is What Most OTTer Conversations Look Like

Molpy molpy molpy molpy,
Molpy molpy molpy molpy.
Molpy molpy molpy molpy,
Grapevine, grapevine.

Eternal Density wrote:BlitzGirl you were intended to write more :D I was going to do some also but instead I wrote
Spoiler:
The OTTer Song
(to the tune of the Llama Song)
(pardon my french)

Here's an OTTer
There's an OTTer
And another hotter OTTer
Treeful OTTer
Gleeful OTTer
OTTer OTTer ch*rp

OTTer OTTer
Beanie OTTer
River, Sea, Sandcastle, OTTer
OTTer OTTer m*stard OTTer
OTTer OTTer ch*rp

I was once a needle
I could pull a thread
But no one could hear over
the molpies in my head
It has been a nopix since
Vines have borne a grape
So now pay attention to the
Kitties in a cape

Did you ever see an OTTer
click an OTTer
on the OTTer
OTTer's OTTer
smells of OTTer
OTTer OTTer ch*rp

Double OTTer
Part of OTTer
Never OTTer
Got an OTTer
OTTer in a tin
cannot her OTTer
OTTer ch*rp

Is this how we wait now?
Is the thread so long?
Is it all redundant now?
Donut, punsaw, ONG!
Now T** E** is drawing near
Hope this doesn't suck
Time for me to coma or
the rhyme will go to ch*rp

Yay! I love the llama song. Treeish, ED!!

mscha wrote:rONG...

:D mscha does it again.

StormAngel wrote:Why do I always seem to miss all the big celebrations? at least I was in the present for most of the NP1500 party. Speaking of presence, here's a present I'd have liked to present to you back then, but I have only just finished:
My OTTification of

Subtle rickroll, that.

ChronosDragon wrote:Hmm. Would you OTTers be willing to participate in a small psychological study? I have a minilab in AP Psych that I need 30 data points for, and by no means do I know 30 willing people IRL. Due to the nature of the study I will have to withhold the purpose until after I collect responses, but rest assured it's nothing invasive. For now, just indicate whether or not you would be interested in participating, I'll contact you via PM to get actual responses.

If you still need someone, I can help out--as others said, if it's not a big chunk of time.

BlitzGirl wrote:Molpy up!
Spoiler:

Correct! These striking squirpys come in a variety of colors, but I adore the black ones with white blazes.

I read that as "with white blitzes."

Primis wrote:Been gone since page 15, what have I missed?

Wow, one of the Ancient Ones has returned! That is so cool.

BlitzGirl wrote:
mrob27 wrote:I've been thinking a lot about the delicate balance that exists between my Blitzing (a voyeuristic activity with much diligent note-taking), my creative writing (these missives, and the OTTifications like that below) and interaction(s) with the afterwhen (you guys, i.e. the Present).<snip snip here
<snip snip there>
Oh, and there will be no firing of redundakitty cannonballs! No wonder they're hiding from you!

Seriously. We need tman2nd here defending cats. (It took me a while to figure out that you didn't quote the part where mrob talked about firing redundakitties out of cannons. I thought about editing it in, but then I didn't.)

WIngish colofication, BlitzGirl!

Valarya wrote:
Val's second-true-Blitz

Current Location: NP1506/1513

So, she was at 1506 when the thread was at 1513. Now I'm at 1513--wonder if Val is at NP 20 and if we're traveling at the same pace.

ZoomanSP wrote:*sees buffygirl in the list of users browsing the forum*
*tries to summon her into the OTT*
Spoiler:
buffygirl incantation

Molpy molpy molpy molpy,
Molpy molpy molpy molpy.
Molpy molpy molpy molpy,
Grapevine, grapevine.

Yay, it worked! Buffygirl, so good to see you. Yes, the ketchup can be seaish, but you don't have to read it all. Just nice to see your smiling face. *looks at avatar* OK, not exactly smiling, but it's still nice to see it.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:17 am UTC

I had a RELATED dream tonight:

I was looking at old othercomics and at some point I started reading othercomics with negative numbers (there were also othercomics with fractional numbers but most of them were just corrupt PNGs and random characters as titles). One of them (number -400 something) was named "CastleY?_#" and showed the top of a castle wall. The title text was "The".

When I reloaded the page some bricks were missing. I thought "Wow, this is Time 2 (or maybe Time 0 or -1) going on for Years and nobody knows about IT!" I posted the othercomic and went to sleep. Some people replied that everybody but me already knows about it. And that I should not bother reading it because it's the most heresical othercomic EVER.

They also asked me to repair my post because I somehow pasted the PNG into the subject text field and the subject of the post contained the bytes of that PNG, random characters several screens high. I could not fix it because I was sleeping and my internet connection was turned off (But I could still see the responses somehow!). And it was getting worse because every reply to my post had "Re: " and bytes from that PNG in its subject so that the whole newpage started looking like a big set of random characters.

I wanted to wait until morning and hope that nothing worse will happen but then some mods appeared saying that this is too much and they will close the thread.
I got a lot of angry emails and PMs that I broke the OTT. I said "I'll buy you a new one when I earn my first million." and they said "You better do!".
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:53 am UTC

"Users browsing this forum: balthasar_s, ggh, lmjb1964 and 13 guests." Geez, you'd think it was the middle of the nip on a wipend or something...

chem1190c wrote:Molpy up?

:shock: Wow! Haven't seen you for ages! Welcome back. I hope you'll post again.

ChronosDragon wrote:Breaking: there's an asteroid named after GLR! Blag post

Good for GLR. He deserves it.

ronaldkr wrote:
balthasar_s wrote:I present you a film:
[url=http://youtu.be/jvI2fTsjtzM]What have you done to me, Time?

Seaish, that was the one thing that could get a long-time lurker like me to post again.

Frankly, I thought the "sound effect" deliberately made the thing more surreal, until I read the spoiler. ÓMG, a telephone microphone? Speaks to your talent.

Don't you know some young, unemployed short-film or documentary film directors in Warsaw who could spin a real OTT documentary off from your sketches? Would be worth to probe..

Nice to see you too, ronaldkr! Glad Balthasar could get you to delurk.

adnapemit wrote:Also I made another OTColoured picture. YAY!Really just wanted more colour for sancastle builder.
Spoiler:
ColouredSand.png

I don't know why, but that made me think of Easter eggs. Actual ones, not in a game.

Ximenez wrote:So I was playing Sandcastle Builder (how I knew of it I don't remember) and thought maybe I could take a look here, and found the new Yappo's music video, and then Balthazar's, and...
Well, how could I think it was possible to leave anyway?

OMR, and XImenez is back! This is awesomeful!

So, there were two things I absolutely had to do todip. Neither of them were OTT ketchup or playing SB (or c**kies). This is unfortunate, since those are the things that I did do todip. Ch*rp.

edited to say and now it's Google [Bot], lmjb1964, MistyCat and 9 guests. :(

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

ggh

Postby ggh » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:02 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:So, there were two things I absolutely had to do todip. Neither of them were OTT ketchup or playing SB (or c**kies). This is unfortunate, since those are the things that I did do todip. Ch*rp.

Heh - same here. But I'm a newpix from being able to afford Swim Between the Flags (if I get ASHF) so I can tell that to the dishes in the sink (who am I kidding? They're on the floor.)

balthasar_s: Now, that's a dream. :)
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

Eternal Density

Finally bought:

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:04 am UTC

Spoiler:
Gives Sandcastles

Spoiler:
Lots and lots

Spoiler:
'til you run out

Spoiler:
Of glass blocks

Spoiler:
Panther Salve
ETA something is wrong with the sand purifier upgrade logic. But I must coma.

ETA I now have 2.1 Zeta Castles, where 2.2 Zeta Castles is my total built. And I can't be bothered spending any cos there's not much point apart from getting Beachineer. I guess I really need to add more content. Tomorrip. I don't understand why waveney isn't bored to death by this game yet.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:55 am UTC

azule wrote:@SBN - Lovely papal puppies and other molpies. Loved the cute meowlpy and wolpy combo. :)

@EVERYONE - thanks for keeping this puppy alive. Note: not my job to keep the puppy alive.. I believe that's SBN's job. :D

I'm trying. The wolpies are doing their part by not letting me sleep. I probably won't be around much this afternoon though, need to mow the lawn before Karen shows up.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:42 pm UTC

pelrigg wrote:
Earthling on Mars wrote:
OSH
Spoiler:
This is Megan.
What newpix is she from?

This hasn't been answered yet.
I'm going to say M2511 (the morning after The Long Night when she was wandering around.)
Spoiler:

That is correct, Image!

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:54 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:I had a RELATED dream tonight:

Spoiler:
I was looking at old othercomics and at some point I started reading othercomics with negative numbers (there were also othercomics with fractional numbers but most of them were just corrupt PNGs and random characters as titles). One of them (number -400 something) was named "CastleY?_#" and showed the top of a castle wall. The title text was "The".

When I reloaded the page some bricks were missing. I thought "Wow, this is Time 2 (or maybe Time 0 or -1) going on for Years and nobody knows about IT!" I posted the othercomic and went to sleep. Some people replied that everybody but me already knows about it. And that I should not bother reading it because it's the most heresical othercomic EVER.

They also asked me to repair my post because I somehow pasted the PNG into the subject text field and the subject of the post contained the bytes of that PNG, random characters several screens high. I could not fix it because I was sleeping and my internet connection was turned off (But I could still see the responses somehow!). And it was getting worse because every reply to my post had "Re: " and bytes from that PNG in its subject so that the whole newpage started looking like a big set of random characters.

I wanted to wait until morning and hope that nothing worse will happen but then some mods appeared saying that this is too much and they will close the thread.
I got a lot of angry emails and PMs that I broke the OTT. I said "I'll buy you a new one when I earn my first million." and they said "You better do!".
Hah! Loved this dream. You have a strange and wowterful mind. Make your movies and one day I hope they make a biopic on you. :)

ggh

Postby ggh » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:34 pm UTC

Spoiler:
fabric1251.jpg
fabricKitty.jpg
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

ergman

Postby ergman » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:46 pm UTC

ggh wrote:Image
Spoiler:
fabric1251.jpg
fabricKitty.jpg

oooh
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

ucim

Postby ucim » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:51 pm UTC

ggh wrote:
Spoiler:
Treeish! Nice otty too, but I loved the redundakitty!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

waveney

Re: Finally bought:

Postby waveney » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:22 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:I don't understand why waveney isn't bored to death by this game yet.

I am taking it to the limit and then some. There isn't much to do now though... I guess I have to wait for it.

ggh

Postby ggh » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:35 pm UTC

Thanks ergman and Jose!

ED - I'm so excited: I think I'm going to be able to afford Swedish Chef today!
There may be a little mustard - I just bought Sand Purifier, but I don't think it took any of my Glass Blocks away. And,
Spoiler:
Redunception... should I understand it?
Agatha the Awesomeful

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:02 pm UTC

ggh wrote:Image
Spoiler:
Neat manips. :)

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”