Lord Sugar accused of racist tweet.

Seen something interesting in the news or on the intertubes? Discuss it here.

Moderators: Zamfir, Hawknc, Moderators General, Prelates

Red Hal
Magically Delicious

Re: Lord Sugar accused of racist tweet.

Postby Red Hal » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:37 pm UTC

CorruptUser wrote:. Their track record is similar to the US, and I'm sure you Limeys get just as annoyed when someone claims the US is the only Bastion of Freedom in the World *fireworks, eagles screaching*.
Nah. You're freer than we are. We just get annoyed when people call us Limeys.
Lost Greatest Silent Baby X Y Z. "There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain..."

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:01 pm UTC

Only when it's Limey Bastard. Which actually sounds like an OK summer beer from Stone Brewery.
Last edited by CorruptUser on Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:05 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

eran_rathan
Mostly Wrong

Postby eran_rathan » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:05 pm UTC

CorruptUser wrote:Only when it's Limey Bastard. Which actually sounds like an OK summer beer from Stone brewers.

10.8% abv, crisp Belgian white with lime, hint of floral. Good with fish and chips.

I approve of this idea.
"Does this smell like chloroform to you?"
"Google tells me you are not unique. You are, however, wrong."
nɒʜƚɒɿ_nɒɿɘ

Chen

Postby Chen » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:44 pm UTC

CorruptUser wrote:But like Quebec, it's a shithole that would've starved without the rest of the country subsidizing it.

Hey! Being from Quebec its not....hmm crumbling infrastructure, xenophobic language laws, mass governmental corruption...

Never mind, carry on.

Red Hal
Magically Delicious

Postby Red Hal » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:02 pm UTC

CorruptUser wrote:Only when it's Limey Bastard. Which actually sounds like an OK summer beer from Stone Brewery.
Actually, that does sound good.
Lost Greatest Silent Baby X Y Z. "There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain..."

addams

Postby addams » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:48 am UTC

Cultue. Culture is a choice for some.
Culture victimizes. It does not Have To be that way.

Who decides what culture will be?
I don't understand it all that well.

What it looks like to me is the people of Great Britan want to say "No!".
The courts, the police, the citizens want to say "No."

No to crass. No to racism. No to violence. No physical violence. No verbal violence. No.
Is this one photo and the caption that was written by Lord Sugar violent?

Nah. But; I am an American. We are the Yes we can people.
Yes we can be crass. Yes we can be racist. Yes we can say mean and hurtful things. Yes we can threaten. Yes we can.

I am so pleased to share a planet with people that are saying, "No." One person said, "This is wrong and I am going to mention it."
I know the English are not perfect. I know for a fact English people get a grudge and they will take good care of it for hundreds of years.

What happened? Lord Sugar has that little word 'Lord' in front of his name.
Therefore, it is right and proper for English people to hold him to a standard that is greater than the standard they hold Joe the Plumber to.

Some unhappy little child in a watermelon suit. Thank the Gods it was not a Black American child.

Lord Sugar may need a talking to. His generation of people has lived like Gods.
Sometimes advantaged people forget why their mothers taught them to behave themselves.

Lord Sugar is an adult. He is an advantaged adult.
He is a Lord. That is not King. It is not even Earl.

The citizen that asked for this tweet to be looked at is like the little Dutch Boy.
She is putting her finger in the dyke. She will need the help of others to save the dyke and the village.

The courts are doing their job. The police responded; They are doing their job.
She did her job. Now; What is Lord Sugar's job? To be a respectable and dignified man!

He can drop the Lord from his name and hang around with the gutter snipes.
Then standards for his tweets will drop down to what is acceptable for other commoners.

Was it criminally racist? ech. Not really.
It was crass! He is a Lord! He can do better!

Thank your lucky stars, English People.
You have a weird history. It is a foundation for you to build your future on.

The English do not want to be crass, mean, racist, unwashed masses.
A few do. Most do not. To set and to hold men and women to civil standards seems to be necessary.

Without support culture begins to fall. Entropy for culture. There is no bottom. Culture falling and taking us all with it.
Falling way into crass as sophisticated as commoners fighting for a place to watch the weekly executions.

It is good for everyone when The People say, "No." "We want to respect ourselves, we want to respect each other we want to respect you."
So; Buck Up Lord Sugar. You are a Lord. Don't tweet like that.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

geghoktithvys

Postby geghoktithvys » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:34 pm UTC

The problem with Basic Human Decency is that now people head to the courts as soon as they've stubbed their toe or some other insignificant event. This not only clogs the judiciary system but encourages people to be extra litigious in hopes of a payout. It's likely the shop owner sued Sugar only because he is a famous and wealthy person.

The other great danger is that extremist groups can hide behind the race or culture card in order to justify heinous acts such as the mistreatment of women that are anthithetical to Western civilisation.

Joeldi

Postby Joeldi » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:43 pm UTC

CorruptUser wrote:The odd thing is, while not all of Britains colonies/possessions turned out OK, ONLY Britain's turned out OK. India, SA, Canada, US, Australia, etc. The ones owned by the Spaniards range from something resembling a country to a basket case. The ones owned by the French are now utter shitholes.

Australia, the US, and Canada do not count. We destroyed the native population and now the countries are majority run by former Britannians. Not the same thing as coming, being dicks for a hundred years or so, then letting the original inhabitants run their country with the infrastructure you set up.
I already have a hate thread. Necromancy > redundancy here, so post there.

roc314 wrote:America is a police state that communicates in txt speak...

"i hav teh dissentors brb""¡This cheese is burning me! u pwnd them bff""thx ur cool 2"

Return to “News & Articles”