1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:49 am UTC

Molpish!!!

Also molpish: the new update!

Code: Select all

### 1.88
- New batch of icons by BlitzGirl!

ETA decree: praise BlitzGirl, also go back to my post 2222 to see the cakes if you missed them. Also post pictures of molpies with clocks or other Timepieces. (or perhaps clock hats?)

ETA why are my rivers destroying many orders of magnitude more than they build?

ETA xuys?

So StormAngel and I both simultaneously realised the following truth: with great redundancy comes great redundancy!
I conveyed this wisdom to my (or our if you include StormAngel) dad and he was greatly amused :D
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

Neil_Boekend

Re: thanks :D

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:28 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:ETA why are my rivers destroying many orders of magnitude more than they build?

Because the old castles aren't build to code and collapse due to the wind. You should discipline the Castle tools that build the old castle.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

ggh

Re: thanks :D

Postby ggh » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:35 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:ETA decree: praise BlitzGirl, also go back to my post 2222 to see the cakes if you missed them. Also post pictures of molpies with clocks or other Timepieces. (or perhaps clock hats?)

The new icons are treeish for sure! Technicolour Dreamcat is my favourite. Bag Puns says Bag. Hehheh. :)

I was surprised when Waveney said Glass Jaw was useless - that's part of my biggest castlemaker where I am in the game.
Spoiler:
For a while, buying bags was increasing my river output and that was my big thing, but then Swim Between the Flags came along and dwarfed my regular production. But now that I have Ninja League, Ninja Legion and Glass Jaw, nothing compares to what I get when the Ninja Builders do their thing.

Swimming between the Flags currently has me alternating between 290T and 5.7P castles at the ONG, but then the Ninja Builders kick in 196P. I used to leave the game running at night and be happy with the stash of castles I had in the morning. Now, I have to make sure I quit when I'm not going to be around, because the stealth streak is everything.

How about a molpy with a piece of Time? Newpix 65 specifically.
dalmatian65.jpg

Spoiler:
dalmatianKitty.jpg
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

waveney

Re:surected

Postby waveney » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:45 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:ETA why are my rivers destroying many orders of magnitude more than they build?

Don't know you should ask @ED... :roll:
So StormAngel and I both simultaneously realised the following truth: with great redundancy comes great redundancy!
I conveyed this wisdom to my (or our if you include StormAngel) dad and he was greatly amused :D

Coments on Logicat:
It is very tough - I have managed one correct answer since you started it, and several incorrect ones. (My power is now at -2.5). I think they need to be simpler and/or have more time - most of them have simply timed out. Perhaps they could get slowly more complex as you improve the level.

ggh wrote:I was surprised when Waveney said Glass Jaw was useless - that's part of my biggest castlemaker where I am in the game.

Ninja Builder does not build enough castles (now) to even affect the least significant digit of my castles. The same goes for Sand. My biggest castle makers are currently DoN and Waves on Even newpix and Scaffolds on Odd newpix. (I now have 1.3PWW castles).

ggh

Re: Re:surected

Postby ggh » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:07 am UTC

waveney wrote:
ggh wrote:I was surprised when Waveney said Glass Jaw was useless - that's part of my biggest castlemaker where I am in the game.

Ninja Builder does not build enough castles (now) to even affect the least significant digit of my castles. The same goes for Sand. My biggest castle makers are currently DoN and Waves on Even newpix and Scaffolds on Odd newpix. (I now have 1.3PWW castles).

Heh - yeah, I don't even know what those prefixes mean yet. I'm just saying that Ninja Builder is a huge thing to me right now; it's the thing that's going to get me to the next big thing, so please don't get rid of it.

I just paid heaps for Free Advice. That makes me a sucker, eh?
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby SBN » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:12 am UTC

Uristqwerty wrote:Well, since it's somewhat related: Through a convoluted series of links, I encountered Sandcastle Builder and decided to read through this thread, at least enough of it to keep up with the current SB frame. So, that's at least one new person who may eventually participate in distant future discussions here.

(I was planning to wait until I was at least halfway through the thread to post anything, but since there is a bit of discussion about new people right now...)

Welcome, Revealer the Recent*!

*Title still pending.

ergman wrote:And talking of time two, has anyone actually waited for my slow gif thing? That might be fun(ny) for some of you.
Or do you only have patience for the GLR?

I saw it change, but only twice. Not for lack of waiting, I think.

Eternal Density wrote:Aaaaand done!

Your redundakitty is broken.

For pope:
Spoiler:
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

waveney

Re: Re:surected

Postby waveney » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:21 am UTC

ggh wrote:I just paid heaps for Free Advice. That makes me a sucker, eh?

It does unlock something else.

1PWW is Peta Wololo Wololo = 1 x 1E15 x 1E42 x 1E42 = 1E99 - significantly more castles than photons in the universe. One hopes they don't collapse under their own gravity and cause a multi-universe sized black hole. I wonder what the mass of a castle is? (As an astrophysist I could calculate some "interesting affects" of that mass)

StormAngel

Re: okay he'd better fix it

Postby StormAngel » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:10 pm UTC

I noticed a similar occurence yesterdip, one of the castle tools was making less that 1000 when destroying [a lot more] - but I'm pretty sure it was scaffolds or waves.
Sorry I didn't think to take a screenshot, I just checked and it appears to have fixed itself now.

Eternal Density wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:@ED: In SB, the description for Bag Puns on the stats view is appearing as "undefined" for me.

Whoops, I betcha that's the same problem as I had for another boost which does the description exactly the same way.
But why are you even looking at that?

You're forgetting something:
On NP 1423, BlitzGirl wrote:Image Unfortunately for us both, I am reading it all.

Better make that three of us... unless you still believe I'm actually ED :? :roll: :shock:
Oelpr Jnhar, Knight of the Chronological Order, Protector of Othamburg
"HELLO. MY NAME IS STORMANGEL. YOU OTCOLORED MY NOPICES. PREPARE TO GO CAVE."
yappobiscuits wrote:"I wanna be redundant too! Lemme be redundant! C'monnn!"

My OTTifications on Imgur
Spoiler:
Ch*rp

waveney

Postby waveney » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:13 pm UTC

StormAngel wrote:I noticed a similar occurence yesterdip, one of the castle tools was making less that 1000 when destroying [a lot more] - but I'm pretty sure it was scaffolds or waves.

Waves can destroy more than they make (on odd frames) if you have 'Swim Between the Flags', on even frames thay make far far more than they destroy.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:26 pm UTC

waveney wrote:
StormAngel wrote:I noticed a similar occurence yesterdip, one of the castle tools was making less that 1000 when destroying [a lot more] - but I'm pretty sure it was scaffolds or waves.

Waves can destroy more than they make (on odd frames) if you have 'Swim Between the Flags', on even frames they make far far more than they destroy.

Spoiler:
That seems like a use for timetravel. Stay in the same, even, frame as long as you are awake to travel.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

waveney

Postby waveney » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:27 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:
waveney wrote:

Waves can destroy more than they make (on odd frames) if you have 'Swim Between the Flags', on even frames they make far far more than they destroy.

Spoiler:
That seems like a use for timetravel. Stay in the same, even, frame as long as you are awake to travel.

Spoiler:
I did that for a looooonnnnnnnnggggggg time - but as the order of doing things is to increment frame number before doing the castle tools - you actually need to use time travel to move to an odd number

Eternal Density

Molpy Down!

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:37 pm UTC

My rivers are better now. Not sure what I bought to fix them. I'm up to giga wololo castles now I made a big leap due to Temporal Rift. I also had to rebuy some stuff due to popping back to shortpix, but I too the opportunity to cheat Rosetta by trading with her using time travelled bots. Also I found a seriously exploitable bug with Rift which I have not had a chance to fixyet. Also I fforgot to wind back the DoN price decrease rate. Oh well.
So I've got 2 bugs, perhaps some expensive ninja upgrades (though ninja power is kinda ridiculous even though it's simultaneously insignificant against the ludicrous numbers, speaking of which, what does 'multiverse sized' even mean? It's not a well defined concept...) and saving what groups are visible, and then I better get back into work on the next big thing.

Oh and I need to decide how to change timetravel pricing...
BBTW waveney I just realised why your logicats are vanishing too soon :p

ETA my rivers are destroying ferro but building yotta... Oh I bet I'm applying class ceiling to the wrong function. Derp!
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

waveney

Re: Molpy Down!

Postby waveney » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:44 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Oh and I need to decide how to change timetravel pricing...

I sent you a PM about that a while back I said Time travel was open to missuse...
ETA my rivers are destroying ferro but building yotta... Oh I bet I'm applying class ceiling to the wrong function. Derp!

That is the one ceiling I don't yet have...

ETA lots:
what does 'multiverse sized' even mean?

Well the Visible universe is about 25 billion parsecs in radius, it's probably a lot larger (at least 1000 times) otherwise there might be more observable effects in the CMB at the largest scales.

Lets use 1000 as the factor so the universe has a radius (not that it means much in relativistic inflated universe) of at least 25 trillion parsecs.

The Schwarzschild radius (The radius of the event horizon around a black hole) of the universe may be many orders of magnitude larger than this. That of the observable unverse is slightly more than of the observable universe anyway.

The mass of 1PWW castles is going to be many orders of magnitude larger than that of the observable universe - even if they only had the mass of a neutrino. Thus the resulting black hole will be enormous - so enormous you would not notice being within it.
Last edited by waveney on Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:05 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

Eternal Density

Re: Molpy Down!

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:55 pm UTC

waveney wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:Oh and I need to decide how to change timetravel pricing...

I sent you a PM about that a while back I said Time travel was open to missuse...

That is the one ceiling I don't yet have...
Yes that is the reason I mentioned it at all. Not that I think of it as an exploit since you can't get around the tradeoff of not unlocking newpix.
You might be better off waiting for me to fix the ceiling. Or maybe not. Either way it's almost midnip

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:04 pm UTC

ggh wrote:How about a molpy with a piece of Time? Newpix 65 specifically.
Spoiler:

Steakish Timewolpy!
Oh, and I forgot to say: Thanks for all the RELATED souvenirs, BlitzGirl!
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

ucim

Postby ucim » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:30 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:The future's pretty cruel?
... eyes punsaw.

Happy 2222 Eternal Density!
And love the BIG! (not to be confused with the container :) )

Ikea or Death? Better than random, but not by much. I guess I can't tell the difference between the comfy chair and the electric chair.

Welcome Uristqwerty!

@ergman I saw it change too. Treeish. I've yet to see T** E**; I'll just have to [spoiler].

@mrob27 Love your poetification of the OTT!

More soon; I know I've missed a lot. (That is, I've seen and enjoyed it, but haven't responded)

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:59 pm UTC

Ooh, 3 NPs in an entire dip! BlitzGirl must be back. :D

@ergman: treeish OTTergif! I sat there staring at it for quite some time, hehe.
@Caswallon: also known as Catwallawn, which is totally RELATED.
@Uristqwerty: Welcome! :mrgreen:

slinches wrote:And Yappo, I found this while looking around at mountain biking videos. If that's where you live, I can see why you'd enjoy the outdoors. Beautiful country and it looks like there's no shortage of good trails.

Eee, another Mountain Biker?! Tennessee has some awesome bike trails! There are at least 4 big well-kept ones within a 30 min drive of me.

BlitzGirl wrote:Oh, yeah, I almost forgot I went souvenir shopping for y'all on my trip! Let's see...

Oh neat! I was in Depoe Bay not too long ago. And I also went souvenir shopping for you xuys. Remember the OTTer punny magnet and the squirpy & pricklymolp finger puppets? There's no way I can search the fora well enough to find those posts, but I highly approve of the redundancy. ;) Also, your molpish redundakitty might be the cutest ever. Also, welcome back!

And since we don't have a new decree, I'm sticking with the molpies hugging molpies.
Spoiler:
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:17 pm UTC

@ggh - that was astounding. first I couldn't find it. I was just staring at his dong thinking "is that the bucket"? lol.

StormAngel wrote:Better make that three of us... unless you still believe I'm actually ED :? :roll: :shock:
You're reading it all twice! ;)

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:35 pm UTC

Molpy up! One of the many weird things that happened in last night's coma-vision: I led a bunch of folk (presumably OTTers) in singing this. :mrgreen:

Ooh, TWO pages of ketchup. That's more than usual these dips!
slinches wrote:Yappo, I found this while looking around at mountain biking videos. If that's where you live, I can see why you'd enjoy the outdoors. Beautiful country and it looks like there's no shortage of good trails.

Oh yay! Yes indeed, that's where I live :mrgreen:
BlitzGirl wrote:Oh, yeah, I almost forgot I went souvenir shopping for y'all on my trip! Let's see...

A toy to play with on the way:
Spoiler:

The necessary RELATED accessory:
Spoiler:

And of course, a punny touristy shirt:
Spoiler:
It was a great little trip, and I had seaish amount of fun, even though I missed y'all. :)

Redundant:
Spoiler:

Eee! What wowterfully treeish related present presents. Thanks! :mrgreen: I'd totally wear that shirt to an OTTer meetup, but I'd be afraid of invoking your wrath in the off-chance you brought a punsaw along :shock:
And n'aww, that redundakitty :mrgreen: Image
ChronosDragon wrote:ETA: Pagepope! Decree: molpies hugging molpies.

Waterottermolpysnuggles!!
Spoiler:

ergman wrote:And talking of time two, has anyone actually waited for my slow gif thing? That might be fun(ny) for some of you.
Or do you only have patience for the GLR?

I downloaded it and flicked through it manually if that counts :P
BlitzGirl wrote:
Eternal Density wrote: GLR is sticking is asteroid everywhere :P

Well, it's named after him, so I guess he can stick it wherever he wants. :P

For decree:
Spoiler:
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:32 pm UTC

AluisioASG wrote:Hey! 60800 posts!
I wonder what does that means.

OMR, Aluisio, I just now saw your location. If you were here I would give you a hug. You made my day. No, my week. In fact, I got a little verklempt.

*Goes back to work happy happy*

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:29 pm UTC

@ED: The icons look molpish! :)
@ggh: Love your Time-wolpy manip!

On souvenirs:
Spoiler:
Valarya wrote:

Oh neat! I was in Depoe Bay not too long ago. And I also went souvenir shopping for you xuys. Remember the OTTer punny magnet and the squirpy & pricklymolp finger puppets? There's no way I can search the fora well enough to find those posts, but I highly approve of the redundancy. ;) Also, your molpish redundakitty might be the cutest ever. Also, welcome back!
yappobiscuits wrote:Eee! What wowterfully treeish related present presents. Thanks! :mrgreen: I'd totally wear that shirt to an OTTer meetup, but I'd be afraid of invoking your wrath in the off-chance you brought a punsaw along :shock:
And n'aww, that redundakitty :mrgreen: Image
ZoomanSP wrote:Oh, and I forgot to say: Thanks for all the RELATED souvenirs, BlitzGirl!

You're welcome, xuys! Thanks for being awesomeful. :mrgreen:
Eternal Density wrote:So StormAngel and I both simultaneously realised the following truth: with great redundancy comes great redundancy!

This is true! Also, redundant!

For pagepope:
Spoiler:
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ucim

Postby ucim » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:16 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:So StormAngel and I both simultaneously realised the following truth: with great redundancy comes great redundancy!
You can say that again!

Oh, and happy 3500 BlitzGirl!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:23 pm UTC

ucim wrote:Oh, and happy 3500 BlitzGirl!

Thanks, Jose! I didn't even notice... :oops:

For pope:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:25 pm UTC

I made a mistake when adding this ED's 1270 ottercomic this to the Time database. I still had SBN's manip in the clipboard instead of the ottercomic; mustard.
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:50 pm UTC

I'm a silly molpy, I noticed BlitzGirl was nearing 3500 during my ketchup but forgot to give cake once I got the the end. Well, better late than never!
Spoiler:
Redundakitty/mousepy cake for you.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:54 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:I made a mistake when adding this ED's 1270 ottercomic this to the Time database. I still had SBN's manip in the clipboard instead of the ottercomic; mustard.

Fixing wiki-mustard is beyond my skill level, but if we have a wikimustardfixer here there's some with this one of 1380 too.

Thanks so much for your wiki-work.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:57 pm UTC

Happy 3500 posts, BlitzGirl!
Spoiler:

For decree:
Spoiler:
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

Philip Thomas

Postby Philip Thomas » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:05 pm UTC

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single quotation in possession of a good reputation must be in want of OTTification...
"There is nothing illegal about being Evil. Some of our best lawyers are Evil" Nicetas, Imperial Commentaries

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:I made a mistake when adding this ED's 1270 ottercomic this to the Time database. I still had SBN's manip in the clipboard instead of the ottercomic; mustard.

No problem, just fixed it. Thank you for tending to the Database, balthasar!
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm UTC

ucim wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:I'm missing a cultural reference here.
Halloween comes in October, and candy corn is a typical Halloween treat in the US.
Jose
Mmmm, candy corn. It's nothing but colored corn syrup, but it's so good. Time to get some, and also put up my Halloween decorations. And practice my dance moves so I can go undercover for Thrill the World.

Eternal Density wrote:M*stard, former Roundhair who like a raptorcat burrows like a ninjad seawolpy reboots and the clear keyboard in the badger like a ninjad raptor-like Department of Redundancy Department throws the quick badger and someone standing behind you leading to the tragic events of today. The not brown Department inside Littlest Bangs Brother types from the beesnake and the dirty badge henceforth chirping Rose who could be old will be my bacon in my pants. The wolpy requires (towards your long lost cousin from Australia for the black molpy from my dilgunnerang who could have been incredibly redundant) the clicking person close to the redundakitty which was the last anyone said on the matter. Your mother away from the nearly tired Department of Redundancy Department wears the far too tacky Department and the raft (or so you've been lead to believe).

This is one of the most enjoyable things I didn't understand at all that I've ever read.

ChronosDragon wrote:I propose the following standard (I know, I know, ni ni chupacabra etc, also very specific to certain parts of the Northern Hemisphere):
  • Chillymip (January)
  • Earlymip (Februrary)
  • Meltymip (March)
  • Rainymip (April)
  • Bloomymip (May)
  • Middlemip (June)
  • Sunnymip (July)
  • Muggymip (August)
  • Leafymip (September)
  • Harvestmip (October
  • Duskymip (November)
  • Darkmip (December)

Yes yes yes. This is steakish and treeish. Happy Harvestmip, everyone!

ucim wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:I propose the following standard (I know, I know, ni ni chupacabra etc, also very specific to certain parts of the Northern Hemisphere):
Spoiler:
  • Chillymip (January)
  • Earlymip (Februrary)
  • Meltymip (March)
  • Rainymip (April)
  • Bloomymip (May)
  • Middlemip (June)
  • Sunnymip (July)
  • Muggymip (August)
  • Leafymip (September)
  • Harvestmip (October
  • Duskymip (November)
  • Darkmip (December)
Very treeish mipwords! I approve!

(Of course, in England or Ireland they would be known as Rainymip, Rainymip, Rainymip, Rainymip, Rainymip, Rainymip, Rainymip, Rainymip, Rainymip, Rainymip, Grapevine, Grapevine.)
Jose

heehee. Or Washington. Amirite, BlitzGirl and ChronosDragon? Or is that a rumor you xuys spread to keep out the Californians? :)

Eternal Density wrote:I'm not sure if it was clear, but she might be red Black Bun and the molpish door leading to the tragic events of today.
Spoiler:
Oh, the keyboard must have been redundant Middle Bangs Brother, don't you think? Important B-2 requests (in the least flammable writer in the real world who turns, and often wonders) the old Department who likes the Department and the baobab but no one cared. The Pope clicks (in front of the overbearing pricklymolp who drops (for the nearly redundant Department) the stranger looking in the window) molpish Newest Bangs Brother! The late Department of Redundancy Department under an Old One could be fully black beesnake-like. Neat, yeah, your other door burns (in the fast dilgunnerang and the yellow ruin), and asks (towards the dirty Department of Redundancy Department) your OTC which might be quite clean like a wolpy and that was that. Ch*rping m*stard, the most redundant Department of Redundancy Department which throws (behind your badge) dedicated Forelock refreshes at the Department and Expando. Nooooooooo, the brown avatar and the snake always builds the snakeish Department of Redundancy Department but I don't believe a single word of it. Yes, my formal cheese clearishly fires one of your parents. The raptor who eats the beesnake is going to be molpy-like, really.

Black Bun is the Pope who blood-soakedly sees my angry pun and that was that. Alright, Pulled Back which quotes, and is sanding (along chilled Buzz for your long lost cousin from Australia) the blue keyboard and my wet tent could have been not redundant. Xe and the tent is almost but not quite entirely molpy-like... The green Department questions (over the Department of Redundancy Department and the kitty) the redundant mushroom, and that was that. Your squashed cake nearly quotes one of your parents. Nooooooooo, the rabtor fires interesting Meg-a-like from your white cake like a chilled cake or perhaps not. Nooooooooo, the tired Department who is going to have been almost old kitty-like always is OTTing the pricklymolp???? The mustardy molpy should be partly badger-like. Finally, the seawolpy and the cybernetic molpy angryishly clicks the prolific seawolpy and the black ladder.

Bob will have been redundant Megan and the Department of Redundancy Department. The nearly clear Department of Redundancy Department almost drops the Department who eats along whoever is on the outside of the screen looking in, don't you think? Neat, extreme Mini-Two-Tone and Bunny throws the keyboard which should have been partly chirpy-like (or so you've been lead to believe). Yeah, your boost is puning the badger beside your blitzing trebuchet who is sacking inside your long lost cousin from Australia who refreshes like a redundant dolphy, and wonders over the blood-soaked dolphy which could be wrong like a computer, and that was that. The short Department under the least other musician in the world who explodes worries like a rotten seawolpy. Curly Bun questions the kitty leading to the tragic events of today.

The Mome throws (along B-1 along the stranger looking in the window) the Department, and that was that. The wolpy sings in my pants. The solid wolpy and the chirping seawolpy nearly runs. Neat, the redundant flag never chirps, and questions the unkeyboard-like dedicated beesnakeish Department of Redundancy Department but I am okay with that now. One of your parents wears (towards deconstructed Rosetta), and chases (behind molpish Curly Bun in the old computer nowhere near Mini-Shortdo), and never asks, and carries (inside the bot which dies like a kitty), and requires (inside my boring sea who dies like a riverish pricklymolp), and kicks (from flammable Shortdo), and likes (underneath your trebuchet), and clicks, and kicks (into your steambottle) one of your parents who could have been badgerish, right? Sparse who interestingishly asks your long lost cousin from Australia to the a little bit other Department quotes the Department or perhaps not. The dry magnet could have been incredibly dead so, yeah... The redundakitty almost requests, and almost requires, and asks (into important Megan) my tree away from a random OTTer who jumps with cybernetic Expando, and burrows like a green river (or so you've been lead to believe). Roundhair is going to be somewhat old. The badger drops my tool, right?

Hm, ok, now I'm a little concerned that ED has lost his mind.

It was great to see Spaceman Spiff.

13 pages behind. I'll ketchup one of these days...

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

Eternal Density

okay back to coma now

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:13 pm UTC

### 1.89
- Changed Glass Ceiing 9 to multiply Rivers' Castle Build number rather than Castle Destruction
- Trading with Rosetta now reduced the number of castle tools owned and updates sand dig rate calcs
- Trading to unlock Rosetta updates the number of sand tools ownedand sand dig rate
- Added a space to Erosion description (yes I remembered, StormAngle)
- Made Time Travel a teeny tiny bit more expensive
- Intentionally spelled StromAngel wrong for lulz

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:04 pm UTC

Thanks for the cakes, yappo and ZoomanSP! :D

lmjb1964 wrote:
ucim wrote:
Spoiler:
  • Chillymip (January)
  • Earlymip (Februrary)
  • Meltymip (March)
  • Rainymip (April)
  • Bloomymip (May)
  • Middlemip (June)
  • Sunnymip (July)
  • Muggymip (August)
  • Leafymip (September)
  • Harvestmip (October
  • Duskymip (November)
  • Darkmip (December)

(Of course, in England or Ireland they would be known as Rainymip, Rainymip, Rainymip, Rainymip, Rainymip, Rainymip, Rainymip, Rainymip, Rainymip, Rainymip, Grapevine, Grapevine.)
Jose

heehee. Or Washington. Amirite, BlitzGirl and ChronosDragon? Or is that a rumor you xuys spread to keep out the Californians? :)

Depends on what part of Washington! :wink: My hometown on the eastern side has less Rainymips and a few more Snowymips. From what I've experienced of Seattle so far - yeah, pretty rainy!

Philip Thomas wrote:It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single quotation in possession of a good reputation must be in want of OTTification...

Edit for decree:
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:07 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:29 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
ucim wrote:
Spoiler:
  • Chillymip (January)
  • Earlymip (Februrary)
  • Meltymip (March)
  • Rainymip (April)
  • Bloomymip (May)
  • Middlemip (June)
  • Sunnymip (July)
  • Muggymip (August)
  • Leafymip (September)
  • Harvestmip (October
  • Duskymip (November)
  • Darkmip (December)

Jose

*Checks outside*

Well, it alternates between Cloudymip and Rainymip. We get 1 or 2 Sunnymips every year...worryingly often as of recently. (Only in Seattle is it worrying to get sun :lol: )

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:33 pm UTC

MistyCat wrote:BlindPosting from 1077
Cheered by Sigcouragement from many.
Spoiler:
All so true.
It's greedy of me to wish so much that I could have had this whole experience in real time. Even though I'm getting so much from my "Do not look ahead" blitz, the "live-only" event would have been so much more... more. Sigh.

On reflection, I'm enjoying what I have (thanks, Y'all) so much that more would probably be too much.

I imagine that the future-Y'all will be making some replies in the your-now which I won't see in the my-now until I reach the new-now of your past-then, so when I reach the this-then and reply from the will-be-this-then to your newer-now I can say a future-now thanks to your newer-new-now.

I think.

And so to Coma.

I've made it to 1077/1522
I shall reach the end.

Nice post. Go, past mistycat!

Kieryn wrote:Harvestmip is my favorite mip. I love Halloween and also my birthday is this mip too.

<snippety>Also, I want to let mac users know that I fixed the gamma issue with the obelisk - into darkness sequence so it should be a little brighter now: http://kieryn.com/Slides/View/41

<snippety snippety>

Happy birthday, whenever it is! Oh, I guess FB will tell me. And Obelisk is much better with the gamma fix, thanks! Creepy!

cellocgw wrote:I went off and wrote an aliquot sequence calculator, so here's the sequence for my userID here:

(aliquot(884372))
 [1] 884372 663286 423338 239350 205934 102970 108998  54502  44858  28582
[11]  15770  14470  11594   9142   6554   3706   2234   1120   1904   2560
[21]   3578   1792   2296   2744   3256   3584   4600   6560   9316   8072
[31]   7078   3542   3370   2714   1606   1058    601      1

Who's got the longest aliquot terminating sequence here? Who's got the longest repeat pattern? Whose pattern contains the most UserIDs of other OTTers?

And how many sandcastles is this worth? :D

If I understood any of your questions, I would answer them. (Well, I guess I understand the last one.) :)

Earthling on Mars wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:
Spoiler:
Eternal Density wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:For pagepope, since it's officially OctoberH:

H Are mip names heretical? I don't remember.
I'm missing a cultural reference here.

We could make mip names heretical if you like. ETA The Department of Redundancy Department eats (behind the white Department of Redundancy Department) the chirpy.

I propose the following standard (I know, I know, ni ni chupacabra etc, also very specific to certain parts of the Northern Hemisphere):
Spoiler:
  • Chillymip (January)
  • Earlymip (Februrary)
  • Meltymip (March)
  • Rainymip (April)
  • Bloomymip (May)
  • Middlemip (June)
  • Sunnymip (July)
  • Muggymip (August)
  • Leafymip (September)
  • Harvestmip (October
  • Duskymip (November)
  • Darkmip (December)

No, no, no, too heretical! Here, this is better:
  • Beginningmip (March)
  • Sandcastlemip (April)
  • Journeymip (May)
  • Mountainmip (June)
  • Endmip (July)
  • Timelessmip (August)
  • Timelessmip (September)
  • Timelessmip (October)
  • Timelessmip (November)
  • Timelessmip (December)
  • Timelessmip (January)
  • Timelessmip (February)

Oh, you can't tell the last seven mips apart? Well, why would you want to talk about a Time-less time anyway?

:D but also :(

Valarya wrote:@marshmallow page: I am jealous that I did not get to post on you. You held so many adorable molpies in fluffiness. So here is my late contribution.
Spoiler:

This cracked me up. I think this is the first post responding to a specific page. :)

Philip Thomas wrote:This is clearly Year One Anno Tempore. Previous years are BC (Before Cuegan).

Hi, Philip Thomas! Don't think I've seen you around recently. Of course, I haven't always been around recently, so waht do I know?

AluisioASG wrote:Ops, forgot this:

ucim, you should have stopped me while it was still possible. Now I have a whole universe (or two) in my head, I'm merging entire timelines, and I feel I'm drow`

Quick, someone throw Aluisio a life preserver! Or a Life Saver!

yappobiscuits wrote:
Spoiler:

Decree: Cheesify more things!

Also look at the little molpiiieeessss :mrgreen:

Me reading this post: hahahahaha awwwwww.....

yappobiscuits wrote:I was actually just considering changing the decree to "Now that BlitzGirl's away, let the puns come out to play!" but she just appeared in the online users so ABORT THAT PLAN, EVERYONE LOOK INNOCENT.

This whole pun exchange on page 1523 was HILARIOUS.

Eternal Density wrote:I linked SB to a coworker who linked it to another coworker
coworker1 wrote:I linked the castle game to <coworker 2> and told him you made it
and he skypes and says
"I dont understand this"
followed by lots of clicking the last few minutes
now he's viewing source and asked with awe in his voice "he singlehandedly made this?

I'm in awe too!

And StormAngel posted several awesomeful things.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:39 pm UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:Well, it alternates between Cloudymip and Rainymip. We get 1 or 2 Sunnymips every year...worryingly often as of recently. (Only in Seattle is it worrying to get sun :lol: )

Sounds about the same as it is here. All cloudymips and rainymips with the occasional snowywip in winter and the occasional sunnywip in summer (just wips, it'd be unheard of to get a whole mip...) Funny, Cumbria is the Northwesternmost county in England, Washington is the Northwesternmost state in the US...

mrob27

Chronogram from mrob27

Postby mrob27 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:43 pm UTC

Chronogram from mrob27
        Origin: Newpage 584 ; Destination: Newpage 1535

This time I have a few older messages that apparently had a longer journey through the Time-vortices (they were slightly dented in spots when they arrived, and one message set off the tachyon detector).

To @azule, from way back:
azule wrote: @Timborme - thanks for the cpw update. Darn, I thought we were still gonna beat them. :(

Oh yeah, that's still on my list of mustardthings to investigate in nopixbot (my perl script for parsing the OTT). There's still a lot of ε stuff that I'm counting - JavaScript in [cöde] blocks, unsolved cypher puzzles and Randall-knows-what else. But the numbers have improved since my last report. I made it stop counting Heretical date stamps (like T̷u̷e̷ ̷S̷e̷p̷ ̷1̷0̷,̷ ̷2̷0̷1̷3̷ ̷1̷1̷;̷4̷2̷ ̷a̷m̷ ̷U̷T̷C̷ newpix 4184.71) which boosted the average word length.
    Here are new figures for the OTT, with the literary works for comparison; for the old figures and a fuller explanation of how the other works were counted, see my post in NP1457 :
  • Tolkien: 623,674 words; 5.329 avg wordlen
  • King James Bible: 790,216 words; 5.329 avg wordlen
  • Shakespeare: 985,834 words; 5.624 avg wordlen
  • Harry Potter: 1,149,637 words; 5.736 avg wordlen
  • OTT (level-N quotes count 8-N): 2,962,771 words, 12,858,856 chars; 4.340 avg wordlen
  • OTT (level-N quotes count 4-N): 3,276,129 words, 14,252,938 chars; 4.351 avg wordlen
  • OTT (level-N quotes count 2-N): 4,068,403 words, 17,775,025 chars; 4.369 avg wordlen
  • OTT (level-N quotes count 1-N): 6,757,912 words, 29,722,362 chars; 4.398 avg wordlen
The way I'm blitzing, the 4-N weights are about right, and the first 584 Newpages add up to 968,533 words with a 4.320 avg wordlen. Two conclusions: The post length and average word length of the OTT increases over time; and I'm not even close to 1/3 of my Longblitz yet.

@ucim:
ucim wrote:@Timborme - I'm glad we narrowly escaped quantum termination - that was a close one! Good work with the QUG - it's nice to know we're safe again.

Yes... safe for now ... we've set up a trapdiplomatic summit for the Campaign for Real Time at Newpage 1541. Since this is the Future we're talking about, nothing is certain (Wait For It, 'member? :) ) and nopixbot is running the calculations now. We'll project the auxiliary TARDIS entrance to then (or maybe a NP or two earlier) and attend the "summit" in person...

@Kieryn:
Kieryn wrote:Okay the final sequence of obelisk is available for all to watch. http://kieryn.com/Slides/View/41
Take your time to read the mouseover text on each frame. Let me know what y'all think :)

Wonderful ... because of my Blitzgirling and retrOTTification and poetry and all :roll:, I didn't learn about Obelisk quite as soon as the others, but I made sure to get to it when I had the time to experience it properly. (I learned of it through the OTT Facebook group. Now there's a paradox, how can the OTT be on Facebook if Facebook is part of the Outside?)
    This is so much better when I zoom in my screen (on a Mac Option-Command-8, part of Universal Access), and I used headphones too natch... and I thank you for making it also work better when I zoom up to 200% with my browser (apparently you made it work on phones and tablets too, good job!).
    I was pretty frightened during the relevant parts of the final sequence. I feel like I've been to Stoodley Pike myself :D (previously my nearest approach would have been during a coach ride from Glasgow to Liverpool; that is to say, somewhere on the M6, so I didn't stand a chance of seeing it at all. :roll:) Anyway, it was like a bit of the Cyan game 'RIVEN'! So, you made a happy mrob Image thanks!

@azule:
azule wrote:mrob_27 reserved xkcd#1047, as I recall.

Yes, mainly out of ego (so, not a good reason I guess) and I thought it would be cool: since I'm an OTTer, the OTTification of the words "... and Robert Munafo's RIES tool" would be "... and mrob27's RIES tool".
    Really the main problem with 1047 is that I can't see how to make it funny in an OTT way. What do we do, change the units of everything to Cueballs (distance) and cubic centiCueballs of coffeesemencancerbabybacon (mass)? Okay, so the values of the physical constants change, and then it's just a different bunch of silly equations. Equally funny as the original but now limited to the OTTer audience, and perhaps useful for trolling Rosetta, but that's about it.
    Clearly I'm thinking too much "in the box" and really the way to OTTify 1047 is to depart from equations and numbers and change it into something completely different. So I'm not likely to do anything with it anytime soon...

Vaguely related:

@Neil_Boekend:
Neil_Boekend wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:Also what is this equal to? <snip>
<snip> (3*4+3-4)*3*3*3*4+3*3-4-3

Not bad -- eight 3's and four 4's. If you're interested, RIES can do it in six 3's and three 4's:

ries -ie 1190 -S34+-*/ -Ox -s --explicit-multiply
<snip>
x = (3*(3*3*(3+3)+4)-4)*(3+4)

I got a ton of feedback like this:
ggh wrote:ETA: mrob, you are nuts! A wonderful nuts. :)
azule wrote:Awesomeful OdeTiTy
ergman wrote: That was a wonderful thing, Mrob. And you should be approaching the main time when I was in the thread. I love reliving the past vicariously through blitzers.
yappobiscuits wrote: :mrgreen: That was the most ch*rping awesomeful thing ever.
k.bookbinder wrote: Your brilliance knows no bounds! :mrgreen:
lmjb1964 wrote:mrob had another great post, and I felt so honored when xe referred to a pastpost of mine. Squee!
ucim wrote:Love your poetification of the OTT!

It is humbling and touching to receive such praise from all of you (I'm replying to a few more below). So, I'll give the backstory to my recent poetry and song:

I got to NP467 where @Valarya suggested that @BlitzGirl might do a song based on xkcd 1052, and there were a few mentions of it in subsequent discussion. I got curious and looked at the Wiki (I know, not Waiting For It, naughty mrob!) and decided, hey if I've got until NP937, well there's nothing stopping me from working on my own version while I duly Wait For whatever comes on NP937.
    So I programmed nopixbot to scan for unintentional iambic octameter (not hard at all, once you have the datafile) and spent a lot of time adding OTT-specific words to a supplemental dictionary file (plus non-OTT, common intenetty words like "facebook" and "url"). In the first 576 Newpages my script identifies 206 candidates, of which maybe half are decent enough to use. There are 297 in the next 576 Newpages, so I'll have more to work with if I decide to do a sequel. Only this post and this post contain more than two (a clue that a song or poem lies within).
    As an example of what this thing detects, here are my own inadvertently iambicly octametrical writings, from my various time-capsules:

on NP1453: a spoiler for a Blitzer reading it at the inténded time.
   on NP1472: enough to work this out and also we just need to Wait For It.
   on NP1476: agree with lmjb1964 ("L m J b NINEteen SIXty FOUR") and think it's good.
   on NP1491: a pinch). I wear it proudly and will keep it clean and mustard-free.

And yet the bot's kinda picky, even missing some of my original verse on the latest scan. It of course finds real song lyrics:
    "the mississippi delta shining like a national guitar", this is the start of Paul Simon's "Graceland", is an example where even in context of the original post you don't know it's part of a song (I had to Google it). 16 syllables usually doesn't express a complete and self-contained thought, but when reading the original post I might see a way to adapt it. Then of course one needs to match up lines for rhymes.

azule wrote:Congratulations, Pope mrob XXVII! I'm making up a new rule (without any power to do so, not even pope power) that Blitzing popes have to make decrees for something that we already have "followed". 8-) :roll:

That would actually work out pretty well: the Blitzpope (or BlitzPapst) could say something like: you will-having-been discussing synesthesia. And it's true, I know, because I've read it. And those who wish (since the decreee is always voluntary) would undertake to find evidence of whetever the Blitzpope said. Of course it might be something that's not so easy to find with a search, like three of those still active on the OTT will-having-been writing unitentional haiku containing the word river. (Which may or may not be true, I haven't confirmed it, but maybe I'm a Blitzpope of the Holy Contradiction. So watch out! I may decree something that has not taken place but could have in an alternate Time-universe :twisted: ).

Eternal Density wrote:
mrob27 wrote: the kittyish Department of Redundancy Department asks
Eternal Density to save the molpies from the raptorcat
...okay

ha ha :D just a little BWIC just for you @Eternal Density. I discovered your 'redundancy.js', possibly because of the huge amounts of bizarre walltext that have been showing up in my RHTF version of the OTT, and couldn't resist to pay tribute to it and to SC in general. After all, who is better qualified to provide the Redundancy for my poem than the DORP? So I ran the output of this:

m1="";for(j1=0;j1<143;j1++){m1=m1+"\x20"+MakeRedundancy().paragraph();}

through nopixbot to get some ideas, and invented a little (I have no idea if it can generate anything with ditransitive verbs).
    While I have the chronotransponder running, I may as well mention this... for some reason you (ED) have been generating a lot of iambic octameter, or maybe I'm just noticing it more because your long username stands out in my listings. But here's a sampling:
in various posts, Eternal Density wrote:
    NP1471 "delay before descriptions vanish links in boost descriptions work"
    NP1472 "another little bug i missed but i've forgotten what it was"
    NP1493 "of references in the ott i haven't thought of yet"
    NP1501 "a crazy boost i like it yeah it's seriously powerful" <- (actually that's part BlitzGirl)
    NP1521 "if so i'm putting in a little change to limit that a bit"
    NP1530 "but then the othercomic happened and i had to change a lot"ϖ

This showed up in my iambic-octameter output, and I didn't have to look at anything else to figure out that you've been doing a lot with Sandcastle Builder!
    Do you realize you're doing this? :) Do we need to perhaps get you some help? I wondered if writing changelogs in verse is the newest OTT meme, or something they teach in JavaScript tutorials. :D I'm blitzing, so I miss these things... but I thought

perhaps Eternal Density attempts
    to write at least a line or two
    of poetry in every "Here's the new
    release of Castle Builder" post?!??
        WELL.

@Valarya:
Valarya wrote:I can't believe this brilliant capsule of our lovéd thread of Time.
It seems Caswallon speaks just right to give you fodder for your rhyme.
<lovely verse and praise1 snipped> :!:
Thank you so much! Image
    I PM'd @Caswallon to find out how to place the stress on "Caswallon", and for my dictionary of OTT words with stress placement, I'll be asking OTTers for more help. Not urgent, and only if others might want to start using my poetry search tools.

@lmjb1964:
lmjb1964 wrote:... I felt so honored when xe referred to a pastpost of mine. Squee!

@lmjb1964 may be referring to my acknowledgment of xeir experience related here. But for everyone, here are my notes and credits for the song. If anyone's name is missing or in the wrong place they can let me know.

I'll sign off now. My blitz slowed down a bit, which often happens after an intense push (like 'epic' poetry, or Boom-da-Yadas), and I also need to program the TARDIS for arrival near NP1541. So for now, best wishes to the afterwhen from the distant past!

mrob27

"cpw" is "characters per word"

as in ʀᴇʟᴀᴛᴇᴅ, 'cuz it's ALL related.

azule said "TiTy" . . . tittie heh-heh!

Heresy. But given that it helped me decide to write the song, I'll gladly strap myself into the comfy chair and hurl the stale chocolate straight up into the air onto myself.

BWIC = Brain Worm Induced Cueballitis

Thank Firesign Theatre. See Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers, the origin of "Department of Redundancy Department".

ϖ (BTW: "othercomic"? ED wrote that line yesterdix ... and that's how I learned about xkcd 1275 (not the @Neil_Boekend reference and response above). What does that say about me?)

Chronogram Ends
Last edited by mrob27 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:18 pm UTC, edited 3 times in total.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

waveney

Postby waveney » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:48 pm UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
ucim wrote:
Spoiler:
  • Chillymip (January)
  • Earlymip (Februrary)
  • Meltymip (March)
  • Rainymip (April)
  • Bloomymip (May)
  • Middlemip (June)
  • Sunnymip (July)
  • Muggymip (August)
  • Leafymip (September)
  • Harvestmip (October
  • Duskymip (November)
  • Darkmip (December)

Jose

*Checks outside*

Well, it alternates between Cloudymip and Rainymip. We get 1 or 2 Sunnymips every year...worryingly often as of recently. (Only in Seattle is it worrying to get sun :lol: )

Not to worry you - I have been to Seattle 8 or 9 times (and twice to Vancouver) and only recall rain once (OK it was very heavy rain all day), I have also known nice sunny days so you could see Mt Rainier.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:02 pm UTC

Raptor rONG:

For pagepope (very seaish image):
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

SBN
Saved

Postby SBN » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:27 pm UTC

waveney wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
ucim wrote:
Spoiler:
  • Chillymip (January)
  • Earlymip (Februrary)
  • Meltymip (March)
  • Rainymip (April)
  • Bloomymip (May)
  • Middlemip (June)
  • Sunnymip (July)
  • Muggymip (August)
  • Leafymip (September)
  • Harvestmip (October
  • Duskymip (November)
  • Darkmip (December)

Jose

*Checks outside*

Not to worry you - I have been to Seattle 8 or 9 times (and twice to Vancouver) and only recall rain once (OK it was very heavy rain all day), I have also known nice sunny days so you could see Mt Rainier.

Sure, they bring the mountain out for visitors. It's telling though, that they announce it on the radio when it is out, and one of the local weather phrases is "sun-breaks." Only place I know of where people forget how to drive on dry pavement. Amount of rain isn't that high, amount dips it falls is.

And you know what? I'd move back in a heartbeat if I could. Our weather phrase here is "pop-up thunderstorms". I'd need a few Muggymips on my list.

Some Ways to Time

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:04 pm UTC

Everyone, sorry for that seaish mustarded post on NewPage 1525. Every now and then the multiquote script seems to hang onto quoted stuff that I already responded to. I didn't notice all that extra stuff was tacked on at the bottom of the post, and you were all too polite to tell me that my post took up half the page. and was a bunch of quoted things with no response from me. Or maybe a lot of my posts are too seaish and you just figured I was doing it again. Anyway, it's fixed now, but in the process I lost a couple of other things I was going to respond to. Ch*rp.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”