1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Eternal Density

Er: 1190: "Tiem"

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:52 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Awesomeful OTTercomic. :D

(I spy some spelling mustard in the redundant version.)
Fiar enough.

ETA Hotdog Vendor decree: Let's have more of those captioned molpics! Those were awesomeful. Oh and I could do with more molpy names too. And any interesting details you might ascribe to them. So far I have:
Spoiler:
-Beesnake
-Chirpy
-Chupamolpy
-Guineamolp
-Hamply
-Kangamolp
-Keyboard
-Lizmolp
-Meowlpy
-Molpy
-Molpbear
-Molpguin
-Molpidillo
-Molpysnake
-Owlpy
-Pricklymolp
-Raptor
-Raptorcat
-Raptorshark
-Rabtor
-Ribbit
-Sparrow-raptor
-Squirpy
-Waterottermolpy
-Wolpy
-Zemolp
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:17 am UTC

Let's see...here's ten more:

Antelopey
Bearraptor
Badgermolp
Camolpy (camel)
Deermolpy
Dolpy (dolphin)
Gatorraptor
Molpanda
Molppanzee
Molpydile (crocodile)

For decree:
Spoiler:
*red molpanda swiveling ears about*
"Are you hearing quiet chirps?"

Hotdog edit, two nopix later (yikes it went quiet):
@ED: Logicat just unlocked the boost "Flux Surge" for me, but I've never had Flux Turbine before, so I guess it's not really doing anything. Is this normal?
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Sand by for ACTION!

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:15 am UTC

I was waiting for someone else to post since I didn't have anything to say. Well except that I'm about to put up 1.92
BlitzGirl wrote:Hotdog edit, two nopix later (yikes it went quiet):
@ED: Logicat just unlocked the boost "Flux Surge" for me, but I've never had Flux Turbine before, so I guess it's not really doing anything. Is this normal?
Yes it's normal but it's not particularly useful, is it?
Okay I've changed that for 1.92, sorry for the waste.

ETA

Code: Select all

### 1.92
- Buffed Two for One to stack with multibuy
- Yes I realise the implications of that.
- No I'm not giving you multisell :P
- Badges and Boosts can now be known in code by a shorter name than the display name
- Boosts can be bought by Shopping Assistant by shorter name. e.g. RRR, BKJ, BFJ, VJ, LCB
- Displays long names (and tool plurals) in the Shopping Assistant description
- Flux Surge isn't rewarded until you have Flux Turbine

And that subject pun was actually a typo.
Spoiler:
Rosetta often collapses, don't you think? Alright, the redundakitty with the problematic Department of Redundancy Department never eats anything like a pointer leading to the tragic events of today. Eternal Density requires your wet badge! The extreme kitty in my speakable food fires (under the yellow keyboard) anything... Chirp everything, my wet nothing chases anything (or so you've been lead to believe). The prolific badger and the badger should be almost but not quite entirely wrong, really. Interesting Shorty will be the leopard, and that was that. Redundant Mini-Bunny who will be wingish kicks the weird planet, and doesn't afraid of LaPetite, according to the latest word on the street.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

BlitzGirl

Re: Sand by for ACTION!

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:32 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:@ED: Logicat just unlocked the boost "Flux Surge" for me, but I've never had Flux Turbine before, so I guess it's not really doing anything. Is this normal?

No problem, I was just curious about it. I've never had flux-anything before, so I didn't really see it as a waste.

Ten more molpies:

Elemolpy (elephant)
Fishmolpy
Molmot (marmot)
Mouspy
Orcaraptor
Quackmolpy (duck)
Rhinocerolpy
Roopy (kangaroo)
Wallapy
Woolpy
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:54 am UTC

Good morrip, gentle Otterfolk. This wipend I traveled back in time to the Renaissance, where I worked hawking puppets (of all sorts of animals, although ironically no hawks.) It was a most excellent time. Huzzah! Alas, however, there was no internet and limited phone service. I have returned to the present to find I am now 16 pages in the past. Fortunately, there were many posts about SB stuff that is way ahead of me, so I breezed through all that. Just a few things to comment on:

balthasar, that was an awesomeful dream!

ggh wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:So, there were two things I absolutely had to do todip. Neither of them were OTT ketchup or playing SB (or c**kies). This is unfortunate, since those are the things that I did do todip. Ch*rp.

Heh - same here. But I'm a newpix from being able to afford Swim Between the Flags (if I get ASHF) so I can tell that to the dishes in the sink (who am I kidding? They're on the floor.)

I can't keep my dishes on the floor 'cause I've got ants. My clothes, on the other hand, spend lots of time on the floor.

zedtwitz wrote:I've been lurking here since the beginning, so I figured I would reveal myself. You guys are nuts. :D

heehee, welcome! It is nice to have people de-lurk even now. No, we're not nuts. Oh wait, the little voice in my head just told me that we are in facts nuts, so I stand corrected.

Neil_Boekend wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:

### 1.55
- isFinite() works on more browsers than Number.isFinite. Okay.
- a missing space in sand purifier description
- DoN doesn't always lock on load

Sorry about that, I should have done more compabability checking :(

<snip>
You are making an awefulsome game. You are doing it for free. There is no need to apologize for some mustard. When making hot dogs some mustard may be spilled. I am grateful that you are willing to spend so much time to make this game.

Yes, what Neil said!

Happy birthdip to azule and Valarya!!

Neil_Boekend wrote:Φ I was biking with the dog. He isn't really accustomed to that so he doesn't know he should ignore interesting smells. We were going at a decent speed. Then I was skidding across the asphalt on my hand and knee and I was in quite a bit of pain. The shock of him stopping must have pulled a muscle in my back or something like that. My vertebrae are still oriented properly, so it's probably nothing bad. I should have moderated my speed because Bas isn't accustomed to biking yet.
[/quote]
I hope you're both doing ok. I always worry a little when I see people biking with dogs. It just seems dangerous.

azule wrote:This is a specially coded message, hidden in some way.
Spoiler:

The second part will hopefully be released (made) later today. Hold me to it.

Steakish! I hope you did the second part. Since I'm in the past, I will have to, you know...
StratPlayer wrote:Hello, all. :)

I posted an entry in My New Blog today about my StratoRaptor avatar, and of course it made me think of the OTC and especially this OTT. So I wanted to pop in and say "Hello" and to wish you all well. I hope everyone here is doing wonderfully!

I see the creativity, warm, and unique community created here in the OTT is still going strong -- that is fabulous! May it endure forever! I'm glad to see that the Post-Time is as vibrant as the During-Time OTT was!

I offer you the warmest wishes, the fondest memories, and the highest regard!

Oh, and cake:

Best wishes for the yet-to-be from an OTT-er of the used-to-be!

Edited to say that I also thought ggh's fabric otty and redundakitty were awesomeful.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:14 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
ggh wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:So, there were two things I absolutely had to do todip. Neither of them were OTT ketchup or playing SB (or c**kies). This is unfortunate, since those are the things that I did do todip. Ch*rp.
Heh - same here. But I'm a newpix from being able to afford Swim Between the Flags (if I get ASHF) so I can tell that to the dishes in the sink (who am I kidding? They're on the floor.)
I can't keep my dishes on the floor 'cause I've got ants. My clothes, on the other hand, spend lots of time on the floor.

You've got ants...in your pants?

More molpies:

Facebug
Flutterbee
Manapy (manatee)
Molpossum
Molpycoot (bandicoot)
Molpyguana
Moomolpy (cow)
Sealpy
Slothmolpy
Viperraptor
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Re: Sand by for ACTION!

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:24 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:@ED: Logicat just unlocked the boost "Flux Surge" for me, but I've never had Flux Turbine before, so I guess it's not really doing anything. Is this normal?

No problem, I was just curious about it. I've never had flux-anything before, so I didn't really see it as a waste.

Ten more molpies:

Elemolpy (elephant)
Fishmolpy
Molmot (marmot)
Mouspy
Orcaraptor
Quackmolpy (duck)
Rhinocerolpy
Roopy (kangaroo)
Wallapy
Woolpy

Well it was a bit of a waste since you didn't get a useful Logicat reward.
Thanks for the list. I already had versions of some (Molpouse, Kangamolp) and fiddled with a few (Molphish) but I think the list is shaping up pretty well. Though that's just the first stage of many...

ninja edit: oh and already another batch to add :D Also why does the forum say I can't post so soon after my previous post, when I don't have a previous post???

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:32 am UTC

This is a daunting Ketchup!

SBN wrote:
stickler wrote:I gave up trying to stay reasonable current with this thread about a thousand pages ago, but what is a 'Molpy'?

Also, If you had a printed version of the whole of this thread, how many printers would you need in order to keep up with the changes made to the live version?

Staying current is optional. A molpy is (one of) the OTTish terms for animals. They are usually cuddly. See the wiki for a detailed explanation. (Or just read along for awhile, you'll figure it out.)
Welcome to the thread, Revealer the Recent*

*Still pending, awaiting approval, or at least notice.**
**The title, you're approved and noticed already.***
***Don't worry if it doesn't get approved, it doesn't come with perks or anything.

It has my approval.

BlitzGirl wrote:*emerges from state of coma*

...wipend argle blargle oh good a rong argle blargle is "popey" a pun? dunno but probably should not be operating heavy machinery or punsaw at this Time argle blargle...

...edit oh yeah popey decree argle blargle...
Spoiler:
Caption:
argle blargle
*returns to coma*

Hmm, that seems quite zombi-like. Quick, administer the one known cure: coffee.
preciousidiot wrote:Man, I swear, reading this thread is like reading something in a language you're not quite fluent in. I recognize a good number of the words, but a lot of it doesn't make any sense.

I must observe further to fully decipher this dialect.

Welcome preciousidiot. We did develop some inside language along the way, but the WIKI may help in deciphering it. Most of the stuff is in there somewhere.
Some words originated in The Madness, some were a result of speculation about the OTT and some were a result of our insanity.
Hmm, I see the One True Wiki was lacking a Language section, so I createded it!

lmjb1964 wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:Φ I was biking with the dog. He isn't really accustomed to that so he doesn't know he should ignore interesting smells. We were going at a decent speed. Then I was skidding across the asphalt on my hand and knee and I was in quite a bit of pain. The shock of him stopping must have pulled a muscle in my back or something like that. My vertebrae are still oriented properly, so it's probably nothing bad. I should have moderated my speed because Bas isn't accustomed to biking yet.

I hope you're both doing ok. I always worry a little when I see people biking with dogs. It just seems dangerous.

Its only a bit dangerous to begin with it. Once the wolpy is trained properly it's not dangerous anymore (usually. Different dogs different levels of problems)
My back is a lot better. I went to a doctor and he told me the muscle was a bit torn so it inflamed. The inflammation caused pain. The pain caused the muscle to contract. The tension caused by that prevented the muscle from healing and thus prevented the inflammation from disappearing.
I have anti-inflammatory medicine and painkillers now, so the cycle is broken in two points.

Yaay, almost MFVF.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:41 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:Hmm, I see the One True Wiki was lacking a Language section, so I createded it!
We actually have that already, under Glossary. But there's nothing wrong with being Image!

A few more molpies:

Foxmolpy
Geckolpy
Molpybara (capybara)
Molpycrab
Molpymundi (coatimundi)
Monkeymolp
Moose-py
Neckpy (giraffe)
Ratpy
Skunkpy

Time for me to molpy down. For decree:
Spoiler:
*two cuddling infant meowlpies yawn at the same Time*
*Yawn*
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

rvloon

Mustard in the forefront section

Postby rvloon » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:47 am UTC

In 1.92, I get the 'DORD has produced:' and then silence. This doesn't bode well.

Ronald
Spoiler:
I followed Time until The End and I cannot even buy a chirping T-shirt.

Eternal Density

Re: Mustard in the forefront section

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:52 am UTC

rvloon wrote:In 1.92, I get the 'DORD has produced:' and then silence. This doesn't bode well.

Ronald

Yeah, I'm already working on that. Well, I would be if I wasn't adding molpies to the list and fixing instant infinite gain exploits. But now I'm working on it. As soon as I hit Submit.

ETA
Nope now I'm distracted discovering that if you have infinite castles you can keep buying until the price of something is infinite and then it says you can buy it because Infinity == Infinity but then when you buy it, you have Infinity-Infinity castles yet which equals Mustard.

mrob27

Annɴɴᴅᴅᴅᴅᴅ..., Mrob27's going back into the Past!

Postby mrob27 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:00 am UTC

@svenman, I see you're on a bit of a miniblitz-ketchup-thing. Glad you liked my flowchart :)

I was thinking that I'd have a task dealing with The Campaign for Real Time, but they didn't materialize (either in NP1541, nor in my mind) so I'm going to get back to Timborme and our Longblitz Quest, currently at Newpage 598.

I'd say the Thread is doing quite well up here in the Future, and it was fun being able to interact in the Present for a few NP! It was only a little schizo, and it helps me feel a part of the community to have some direct contact after 115 Newpages of absence.
    I'll still be interacting in the traditional way, with the Chronotransponder and Time Capsules, and you can use Reverse Chronogram (PM) me if something comes up. You may also see me in the OTW since it (like the Restaurant at the End of the Universe) exists in a sort of permanent Time-bubble that spans all Times. Recently I got my poetry scanner working a little better and have been able to add some links to the double-dactyl article. There's also a Facebook group of all things! :shock:

So that's it -- fare well, fair molpish OTTers and TimeWaiters of the Present, it's back into the afterwhen for me!

My muse is comad at the moment, so I'll paraphrase slightly from bard @Pfhorrest's original,

Time goes ever on and on
    Down from the beach where it began.
    Now far uphill the river's gone,
    And I must follow, if I can,
    Pursuing Time with eager feet,
    Until we join some larger way
    Where wowterfalls and canyons meet.
    And whither then? We cannot say.
. . .

Spoiler:
mrob27-tardis-depart.gif
mrob27 avatar hops along, enters TARDIS, which dematerializes
mrob27-tardis-depart.gif (35.21 KiB) Viewed 22014 times
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:02 am UTC

Image, I envy your smiley-making skills. They are wowterful!

rvloon wrote:In 1.92, I get the 'DORD has produced:' and then silence. This doesn't bode well.

The Department of Redundancy Department needs to produce products or it will quickly become redundant! I mean, even more so. More redundant. Which might actually be a good thing, cause, you know, redundancy. It's what the department does (in that department). I may have meant "irrelevant" in that first sentence. My brain has molpied down without me. But I just wanted to make one more post before I coma.

I have a sneaking suspicion about the things ED will soon be adding to Sandcastle Builder:
Spoiler:
Molpy molpy molpy molpy,
Molpy molpy molpy molpy.
Molpy molpy molpy molpy,
Grapevine, grapevine.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ggh

Postby ggh » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:11 am UTC

Squirpy epilogue:
Spoiler:

Ooh - a redundakitty in the OTG just sang to me. :)

Hey, sorry I've been a bit silent, y'all. I've been lovin' everyone's captions - ZoomanSP's don't-know-how-anything-works made me LOL. ED, your many forms of poetry never fail to bring a big smile to my face. :) And jovialbard: wingish! Hmm, I think I might go back and listen to your first song again... though I need to wait 'til the wee one's up I think....

lmjb1964 wrote:
ggh wrote:Heh - same here. But I'm a newpix from being able to afford Swim Between the Flags (if I get ASHF) so I can tell that to the dishes in the sink (who am I kidding? They're on the floor.)

Oddly, I don't have ants right now, except in my bathroom, but sometimes they check out the rest of the house, usually with my blessing. I think of ants as a bunch of riverish maids who clean up after me. :)
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

What's with all the mustard?

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:24 am UTC

M*stard ch*rpin ch*rping m*stard! Why am I so very post-challenged? Just found out there was another quote-challenged post of mine on page 1531. I meant to quote something that pelrigg said, but somehow cut off the quote part, and then didn't put my response in, or deleted it, or ??? So, it looked like I said something but it was actually pelrigg. Sorry, pelrigg!

Ch*rp.

I gotta coma.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

Eternal Density

Import Molpy

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:38 am UTC

Spoiler:

### 1.93
- Nerfed LCB even further
- Prevent Infinite sand (which becomes infinite castles) which was possible via SBTF and 0 Waves
- Deal a bit more gracefully with the inevitable Infinite Castles and prices
- VITSSÅGEN, JA! notification fixed (overeager Replace)
- I think I fixed the DoRD issue amongst all that
- BlitzGirl.ChallengeAccepted

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:24 am UTC

Molpy up at a normal person time for once! I was a very tired molpy yesterday so molpied down early...

Treeish leopard manip, balthasar_s!
BlitzGirl wrote:
Spoiler:
*meowlpy walks in front of a weatherman's report, across the greenscreen "ocean"*
"The sea is big."

Dis weather is redundant. Y u no believe me?
astrocub wrote:Hi ED, I seem to have a broken Double or Nothing. It shows up in my boosts, but there is no button to click. Reloading the game doesn't lock DoN, and it hasn't been showing up as a boost available for purchase for the past few days. I've tried importing my game into both FF and chrome. Any ideas? Is it permanently locked for me because I did something wrong? I'm paranoid that I'm doing everything wrong in my game :oops:

Hmm, I have a mustardy DoN too. It has a button, but clicking it does nothing... and I just reloaded and it locked. Ah well, can't be helped now. Also when I reloaded it gave the message:
Spoiler:
Molpy molpy molpy molpy,
Molpy molpy molpy molpy.
Molpy molpy molpy molpy,
Grapevine, grapevine.

For no real reason I can tell, but it's still treeish :P
Eternal Density wrote:

### 1.93
- BlitzGirl.ChallengeAccepted

Ah, that would explain it :P
BlitzGirl wrote:<snip>
Moomolpy (cow)

I'm disappointed you missed the opportunity to go for "moolpy" :P
Neil_Boekend wrote:Yaay, almost MFVF.

Woo, have a molpish time! Lots of great bands there... quite a few I've already seen myself! Serenity, Kobra and the Lotus, Leaves Eyes, Delain, Crimfall, Stream of Passion, Anneke can Giersbergen, Revamp... the only band there that I'd really want to see that I haven't already seen is Dalriada, though it'd be treeish to see those others again!
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

Eternal Density

The shiny kitty melts within my late spaceship.

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:31 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:
astrocub wrote:Hi ED, I seem to have a broken Double or Nothing. It shows up in my boosts, but there is no button to click. Reloading the game doesn't lock DoN, and it hasn't been showing up as a boost available for purchase for the past few days. I've tried importing my game into both FF and chrome. Any ideas? Is it permanently locked for me because I did something wrong? I'm paranoid that I'm doing everything wrong in my game :oops:

Hmm, I have a mustardy DoN too. It has a button, but clicking it does nothing... and I just reloaded and it locked. Ah well, can't be helped now.
Weird, I'm still not sure how that all happened. Let me know if it messes up again or gets stuck or something.
yappobiscuits wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:<snip>
Moomolpy (cow)
I'm disappointed you missed the opportunity to go for "moolpy" :P
I didn't :D I entered it into the list as moopy actually. It's a bit more pronounceable. I also realised I could add them to my sentence generator too, so that'll be in the next update, probably tomorrip unless I have to do some mustardfixing before comatime.

I'm currently in a self-inflicted TVTropes read.

ETA aaaand right on schedule I notice I have a PM from waveney. Let's see what I messed up this Time...

waveney

Re: The shiny kitty melts within my late spaceship.

Postby waveney » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:41 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:ETA aaaand right on schedule I notice I have a PM from waveney. Let's see what I messed up this Time...

It is mainly waffle, but with just a hint of Mustard.

The Molpy list should have some invertibrates:
Ecolipy
Wormolpy
Trilobolpy
Slowwormolpy
Dragonflopy
Centimolpy
Millimolpy

Ximenez

Postby Ximenez » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:55 am UTC

A couple of really clever ones:

Rhinocerolpy
Chimpanzeelpy

You're welcome.

StormAngel

Math.ceil(SiO2.Na2O.CaO) 9!

Postby StormAngel » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:02 am UTC

Greetings, 'Revealer the Recent' et alia Image
May those intrepid adventurers who have embarked on the historic journey through Time find success.
BlitzGirl wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:This is relevant to StormAngel but the alttext is very relevant to us all:
http://joegp.com/printing-possibilities/

I think we all need those. One per OTTer.

You should all have an ED printer.

Nah, you need an ED printer. That way you can print out another one of yourself each Time one of us has a question.

Ironically, I haven't had Time to 3D print anything since the beginning of Time :oops:

The next comic is very related, and reminds me of the title for a blag post I saw thought of recently:
What can the OTC teach us? Randall draws his own conclusions...

*Molpies down and out*
Oelpr Jnhar, Knight of the Chronological Order, Protector of Othamburg
"HELLO. MY NAME IS STORMANGEL. YOU OTCOLORED MY NOPICES. PREPARE TO GO CAVE."
yappobiscuits wrote:"I wanna be redundant too! Lemme be redundant! C'monnn!"

My OTTifications on Imgur
Spoiler:
Ch*rp

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:09 am UTC

waveney wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:ETA aaaand right on schedule I notice I have a PM from waveney. Let's see what I messed up this Time...

It is mainly waffle, but with just a hint of Mustard.

The Molpy list should have some invertibrates:
Ecolipy
Wormolpy
Trilobolpy
Slowwormolpy
Dragonflopy
Centimolpy
Millimolpy
I'm assuming you mean your PM, not the hotdog.
Also there were 2 PMs in my inbox and then I added your invertebrates (thanks!) and now there's three :P
Ximenez wrote:A couple of really clever ones:

Rhinocerolpy
Chimpanzeelpy

You're welcome.
Rhinocerolpy is already in the list, and I also have Molpanzee, so... :(

Ximenez

Postby Ximenez » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:26 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
Ximenez wrote:
Spoiler:
A couple of really clever ones:

Rhinocerolpy
Chimpanzeelpy

You're welcome.
Rhinocerolpy is already in the list, and I also have Molpanzee, so... :(

Oh, but I'm pretty sure you don't have Tyrannosaurus rexpy.

Ok, I submit one for real:

Molmmoth

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:33 am UTC

Two more molpies for the molpylist:
- turtlemolpy (from the OTC)
- holpy (from the OTT)
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:34 am UTC

Warning in spoiler. Don't judge me. :P

Spoiler:
I'm not a furry. I like furries when they're hot slutty cats on Molpyween. I don't know if those girls count as furries, though. lol. Anyways, not judging others, especially because in this version of the comic we're not furries, we're just our avatars. You get to guess who is who. Hint, azule might be me. ;)

aversion_fads-OdeTiTy.png
"Don't touch that hamply! You don't know where HE'S been. (I do.)"

S.P.S. You can blame mrob27 for this odetity. I do. lol.
Last edited by azule on Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:39 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:35 am UTC

Molpies:
Amoebolpy
Influenzolpy
Rhinovirolpy
Norovirolpy
dustmolpy
Gonorrolpy
Streptolpy pyrogenolpy

Yes there is such a thing as a flesh eating amoeba fluffy toy.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

he/him/his

rvloon

Re: What's with all the mustard?

Postby rvloon » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:38 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:M*stard ch*rpin ch*rping m*stard! Why am I so very post-challenged? Just found out there was another quote-challenged post of mine on page 1531. I meant to quote something that pelrigg said, but somehow cut off the quote part, and then didn't put my response in, or deleted it, or ??? So, it looked like I said something but it was actually pelrigg. Sorry, pelrigg!

Ch*rp.

I gotta coma.

Her name was lmjb, she was not BlitzGirl
She knew by heart the way to the OTT by means of its URL
Because she messed up trying to do a ketchup
She was mustarding near and far and did some ch*rping on a star

She was trying to write more, but fell down on the floor
She was lamenting about her condimenting and
Let out a roar:

I need a Coma (CO!), Coma-cabana (Comacabana)
The hottest spot north of Havana (here)
I need a Coma (CO!), Coma-cabana
No multiquoting, nor antidoting
I need a coma....Molpying down.

Ronald
Spoiler:
I followed Time until The End and I cannot even buy a chirping T-shirt.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:42 am UTC

Awesomeful, azule! I love HES molping up at the end there. Though I don't know who the red character is supposed to be...

And that was a great little ottification, Ronald :mrgreen:
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:47 am UTC

Ximenez wrote:Ok, I submit one for real:

Molmmoth
Accepted.
azule wrote:Warning in spoiler. Don't judge me. :P
I'll only judge you for the warning then. (Maybe you would be wise to change one of your adjectives)
Neil_Boekend wrote:Molpies:
Amoebolpy
Influenzolpy
Rhinovirolpy
Norovirolpy
dustmolpy
Gonorrolpy
Streptolpy pyrogenolpy

I'm familiar with those (though I instead bought plush human body cells for my siblings). But I don't think they quite fit what I'm looking for. I probably shouldn't have put ecolipy in either. We'll see...

Also it's starting to get annoying to insert new names into 2 separate lists. Why must I make work for myself?

Anyhow,

### 1.94
- Words
- Extruder price fix
- Made Glass Chip has/spend functions for consistency
- Notify when spending glass blocks/chips (new function will need to be used in more places to improve this)
- Don't notify when spending 0 (oops)
Hmm I didn't get to work much on the next bit thing todip. A little but not much, as I was distracted by mustard and balancing numbers and researching the other thing.

Edit because I can't spell plush. (also github got its act together: it's good now so I must molpy down)

Neil_Boekend

CHOCOLATE

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:57 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
Amoebolpy
Influenzolpy
Rhinovirolpy
Norovirolpy
dustmolpy
Gonorrolpy
Streptolpy pyrogenolpy

I'm familiar with those (though I instead bought plush human body cells for my siblings). But I don't think they quite fit what I'm looking for. I probably shouldn't have put ecolipy in either. We'll see...

Aww, but they are so cute and cuddly.

he/him/his

Eternal Density

Re: CHOCOLATE!!!

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:05 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:
Amoebolpy
Influenzolpy
Rhinovirolpy
Norovirolpy
dustmolpy
Gonorrolpy
Streptolpy pyrogenolpy

But probably not very trainable. Hmm.

BTW I haven't really molpied down because TVTropes. Why am I reading this???

Neil_Boekend

Re: CHOCOLATE!!!

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:08 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:
Amoebolpy
Influenzolpy
Rhinovirolpy
Norovirolpy
dustmolpy
Gonorrolpy
Streptolpy pyrogenolpy

But probably not very trainable. Hmm.

They are trainable. It happens all the time! Okay, it's called resistance and it is usually not the intention, but nevertheless it's a sort of training.
Especially Influenzolpy is notorious for resistance.

he/him/his

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:15 pm UTC

Sorry about "The Campaign for Real Time", mrob27. I didn't know what it was, so.... maybe also true for others. Enjoy being non-schizo for a while. ;)

lmjb1964 wrote:Happy birthdip to azule and Valarya!!

azule wrote:This is a specially coded message, hidden in some way.
Spoiler:

The second part will hopefully be released (made) later today. Hold me to it.

Steakish! I hope you did the second part. Since I'm in the past, I will have to, you know...
Thanks! Only a week late. hehe.

And, thanks. I did do the second part. The special message, btw, is simply my birthdate. lol. Yes, even that extra long molpy, molpy verse was numerically related. :)

ggh wrote:I think of ants as a bunch of riverish maids who clean up after me. :)
Until they bite the chirp out of you. Then they're enemies.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

Ximenez

Postby Ximenez » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:26 pm UTC

A couple of wild suggestions for the OTG. They would mean seaish changes, I know, but anyway:

- Sand tools cost sand, while castle tools cost castles (maybe both according to Fibonacci).
- At ONG, unused castles give an interest rate of castles1.01 (that is, for higher numbers, higher rates).
- Unlock Fractal Sandcastles in the very early game.

Maybe try all/some of these in a parallel/beta version, to see how it works?
Last edited by Ximenez on Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:37 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

waveney

Postby waveney » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:37 pm UTC

There is mustard in the current SB, if you have the boost 'Swim Between the Flags'. Do the following otherwise the boost has no effect:

At the console (F12 on Chrome, Ctrl Shift K on Firefox):

Molpy.Boosts['SBTF'] = Molpy.Boosts['SWTF']

ggh

Postby ggh » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:41 pm UTC

azule wrote:
ggh wrote:I think of ants as a bunch of riverish maids who clean up after me. :)
Until they bite the chirp out of you. Then they're enemies.

Very true. Mine have so far been quite tame. We once had a big disagreement over the pantry territorial rights, but for years we've shared the place symbiotically. The wee one maims with her curiosity tho, so a rough patch may be ahead if they decide to return fire.

Here, for you, Laura Mae - newpix 1994:
Spoiler:
These didn't quite turn out as well as I had hoped. Maybe I could give it a try with a picture of your cat?Image
fabric1994.jpg
fabricKitty2.jpg
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

Eternal Density

molpy really down

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:42 pm UTC

Ximenez wrote:A couple of wild suggestions for the OTG. They would mean seaish changes, I know, but anyway:

- Sand tools cost sand, while castle tools cost castles (maybe both according to Fibonacci).
- At ONG, unused castles give an interest rate of castles1.01 (that is, for higher numbers, higher rates).
- Unlock Fractal Sandcastles in the very early game.

Maybe try all/some of these in a parallel/beta version, to see how it works?
The boosts that relying on Flung looks right... but maybe something tricky with operator precedence is happening. I've added parentheses which may fix it but I'm not pushing and updated until after I coma.
As for your ideas, it's certainly good to challenge my basic assumptions about how things should work :D But for now I'm working on another hopefully treeish seaish thing so I don't want to rock the boat too much, especially changes that would upset the entire game balance... I've probably already messed that up enough without realising it.

Ximenez

Re: molpy really down

Postby Ximenez » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:49 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:The boosts that relying on Flung looks right... but maybe something tricky with operator precedence is happening. I've added parentheses which may fix it but I'm not pushing and updated until after I coma.

Sorry, ED, my fault. Not only I left you replying to a part of my post which I deleted, thinking nobody would have read it...
It's Ok that Flung-related boosts are unlocked before having 50 Trebuchets... because I earned Flung before resetting! I was thinking of Flung as a boost, not as a badge. Sorry again.

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:05 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Awesomeful, azule! I love HES molping up at the end there. Though I don't know who the red character is supposed to be...

It looks like Vytron, but he is an OTTer... Creative license, I guess?
Treeish comic though, azule! :)
Last edited by Earthling on Mars on Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:06 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

StormAngel

Re:dundant Flower

Postby StormAngel » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:06 pm UTC

waveney wrote:At the console (F12 on Chrome, Ctrl Shift K on Firefox):

Unless you have Firebug, which also uses F12.

Well, it seems I've avoided attention from 'Her' so far, but I wonder how long it will last?
An Innocent Bystander wrote:These OTTers hear, those Otters there,
and BlitzGirl searches everywhere,
Is he in Coma? Or is he Karhell?
That inconclusive StormAngel.
Oelpr Jnhar, Knight of the Chronological Order, Protector of Othamburg
"HELLO. MY NAME IS STORMANGEL. YOU OTCOLORED MY NOPICES. PREPARE TO GO CAVE."
yappobiscuits wrote:"I wanna be redundant too! Lemme be redundant! C'monnn!"

My OTTifications on Imgur
Spoiler:
Ch*rp

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”