1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
yappobiscuits
Posts: 2843
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:41 am UTC
Location: The Sea
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby yappobiscuits » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:11 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:TheMinim wins the page.

I think she does.

*Brings Minim a minim cupcake*
Spoiler:
musical cupackes.jpg
musical cupackes.jpg (15.87 KiB) Viewed 13899 times


Decree: More OTTercomics! And more BeanONG predictions!

ETA:
Spoiler:
Image
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT
Image

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9050
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Riverish Ketchup

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:34 pm UTC

Another 8 wowterful OTTercomics by Minim! :)

ucim wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Edit: Hey, I found ye olde visitor map while I was removing dead smileys from my pastposts:
Spoiler:
Image

BlitzGirl - the visitor map does'nt load for me. Another case of remote loading being turned off?

I have no idea. This is the same visitor map that RobIrr made way back when - did it load for you then?

Eternal Density wrote:BlitzGirl, you ninja'd the newpixbot! :P

My sympathy for newpixbots has waned ever since Judgement Dip. Image
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
ucim
Posts: 6758
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:23 pm UTC
Location: The One True Thread

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ucim » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:28 pm UTC

Act 3, scene 1

at rise: a flat area on the new Sacred Grounds of the Order of the Holy Contradiction. Vegetation has been cleared and there are many people feverishly digging sand, apparently for the foundation of a building. They are shovelling it into buckets and taking the buckets away. Several people are doing other related tasks such as surveying, calculating, or coordinating all the activities. BlitzGirl is consulting with one of the engineers downstage right.
BlitzGirl wrote:Are you sure the basement will be deep enough?
the engineer wrote:It will be plenty deep. You could keep the entire clerecy down there if you wanted to.
BlitzGirl wrote:Oh, I hope it never comes to that! It just seems like it's all going so slowly.
the engineer wrote:Yes, it is very slow work at the beginning. But it gets faster.
the first sandworker wrote:Gang way!
There is a flurry of activity as three sandworkers who have been digging USL come rushing DSL and cross, exiting DSR, past BlitzGirl and the engineer, wheelbarrows loaded with sand.
Spoiler:
[cue B-32, fly 4] A castle wall flies down DSL, hitting the ground with
[cue S-99] a huge thud. This is followed by
[cue S-89] the sound of a gong.
Five sandworkers rush on from SR with a trebuchet and begin firing projectiles at the new wall, until it is destroyed.
BlitzGirl wrote:What was that?
the engineer wrote:That's how we build castles. Ingenious, if I do say so!
BlitzGirl wrote:Daft, if you ask me!
the engineer wrote:No, it really works! I'm working on automating the process, but right now it's just making mustard so we have to do it manually.
BlitzGirl wrote:How are the raft people working out?
the engineer wrote:Terrific! They are really good at building things, but sometimes I think we're not speaking the same language. Math is math, so it all works out. Stand back.
[cue B-33, fly 4, 5, 6] A three castle walls fly down USL & CS, hitting the ground with
[cue S-90] three equally huge thuds.
the engineer wrote:See? We're working on getting the walls to line up.
Six kittens escape from between the newly dropped castle walls and run offstage in whatever direction the kittens want to.
BlitzGirl wrote:Kitties! Just in time - I'm running out of them!
BlitzGirl chases the kitties and tries to gather them up, exiting wherever the kitties lead her. As she exits, six more kittens escape from between the newly dropped castle walls and run offstage in whatever direction the kittens want to.
to himself, the engineer wrote:Well, that was redundant!
[cue S-91] The sound of a gong.
Fifteen sandworkers rush on with three trebuchets and fire projectiles at the walls until they, too, come tumbling down.
the engineer wrote:Badges! That's what we need, Badges!
He begins to exit SL, but is met by the First Cleric, who enters (also SL).
The First Cleric wrote:Badgers? Badgers? We don't need no ch*rpin' Badgers! This is Sacred Ground and I'll have no more heresy. Surely you mean Molpies.
the engineer wrote:No, Badges! You know, like taixzo's flame badge from the Vytron crisis. Badges let you unlock the boosts.
The First Cleric wrote:Why would you lock up your boots? Nobody's going to steal them.
the engineer wrote:Boosts! Boosts! Don't you see? (No, of course not - you're First Cleric.) Boosts are like power tools. You buy them with sand. If you have a trebuchet, boosts make it more powerful.
The First Cleric wrote:I thought your sand was going into the castle. We have half the clerecy digging sand for you, and you told us you were going to build a castle.
the engineer wrote:I am building you a castle. In fact, I already build you six castles. But we have to do it by hand. That's where the boosts come in. Watch out!
[cue B-34, flys 2 thru 6] A five castle walls fly down USL & CS, hitting the ground with
[cue S-92] five equally huge thuds.
The First Cleric wrote:What in the ch*irp?
[cue S-93] The sound of a gong.
Twenty-five sandworkers rush on with five trebuchets and fire projectiles at the walls until they, too, come tumbling down. Forty kittens escape from between the walls. BlitzGirl enters SR and tries to gather them up.
BlitzGirl wrote:Here kitty! Here kitty! Can you hear, kitty?
She exits wherever the kittens let her. Once she's gone, forty more kittens escape from between the walls.
the engineer wrote:See? Just like that!
The First Cleric wrote:Let me get this straight: You put sand in your boots to power the trebu...whatevers and destroy the castle that built itself... wait a minute - how did the castle build itself?
the engineer wrote:Badges!
The First Cleric exits, saying
The First Cleric wrote:This is daft!
under his breath, the engineer wrote:You would know, wouldn't you!
One of the sandworkers rushes up to the engineer with a clipboard. We recognize her as one of the raft people.
the second sandworker wrote:Kava kepu granini. Hchpaku smopu kalaniki xipa pu navou.
The engineer pins a badge on the sandworker.
the engineer wrote:Let's hope this works.
The sandworker exits SL
[cue B-35, fly 1] An entire castle flies down CS, barely missing the engineer and hitting the ground with
[cue S-94] a thunderous thud.
[cue S-95] The sound of a gong.
The same sandworker that got the badge comes on with a single giant trebuchet, puts his boots into it, and fires it at the castle, which shatters into a millionh fragments. More kittens than can be counted escape from the ruins of the castle.
hhex
pumping his fist, the engineer wrote:Yes!
The engineer exits, as BlitzGirl rushes in.
BlitzGirl wrote:Here kitty kitty kitty kitty! There kitty kitty kitty kitty! Everywhere a kitty kitty kitty kitty!
She tries to gather the kittens up, and exits. As soon as she's gone, another huge number of kittens escape from the ruins.
The Pope and First Cleric enter.
The First Cleric wrote:Daft, I tell you! Totally ch*rping mad! If I didn't see it with my own eyes, I wouldn't have seen it myself!
The Pope wrote:So you're telling me Badgers build the castle by firing boots at the sand with trebuches?
The First Cleric wrote:Exactly! No, wait - No! There are no badgers involved at all!
The Pope wrote:Well, anyway I don't see badgers, boots, or anything else except for my loyal workers feverishly digging sand. Those raft people are very enterprising, I must say. They will be a fine addition to our community.
The First Cleric wrote:Look out!
[cue B-36, fly 2] An entire castle flies down CS, barely missing the Pope and First Cleric and hitting the ground with
[cue S-96] a thunderous thud which echoes and combines with thuds from the distant hills, where
[cue B-37] windowshade effectother castles have appeared. (in the backdrop)
The Pope wrote:That is amazing! Let me try!
[cue S-97] The sound of a gong.
The pope starts to dig some sand. A black figure swings from a rope from the ceiling
the black figure wrote:Ninja'd! No kitties this time!
All the sandworkers stand up and do the wave. All the castles fall down and the engineer rushes in.
the engineer wrote:What happened?
The Pope wrote:I've never seen anything like this before! Castles just appeared out of nowhere!
the engineer wrote:Not out of nowhere, your Pontiffness. It's from all the sand. I haven't quite worked out all the beesnakes though.
The Pope wrote:This new learning amazes me! Tell me once again how you build castles out of boots and badgers.
the engineer wrote:The secret is that you tear down castles just as soon as you build them. It's automatic! The faster you destroy castles, the more appear! Pretty soon you don't have to dig sand, you just Wait For It!
The Pope wrote:Genius!
The First Cleric wrote:Madness! You can't build castles by destroying them! It's like making hotdogs by pouring mustard on the ground.
the engineer wrote:Yes, it is like that, come to think of it!
The First Cleric wrote:It's preposterous! It's ludicrous! It's impossible!
The Pope wrote:And therefore, it is what must be true. What is your name, O Wise One?
The First Cleric wrote:Well, nobody ever actually asked me that before
the engineer wrote:It is Eternal Density, your Pontiffness.
The Pope wrote:Eternal Density, by what title would you like to be known? I shall proclaim it right here, and enter you into the ranks of the Most High.
Eternal Density wrote:Hot Diggety!
The Pope wrote:Herald! Sound the call!
the First Cleric wrote:Oh no you don't! I know what comes next. This man is daft, I'm telling you! Completely off his mustard! And besides, it's the herald's day off.
The Pope wrote:Chirp! I'll do it myself then.
The Pope reaches into his garments and pulls out a ram's horn. He blows it, and a sound emerges that is so pure it could have come from Heaven itself.
The First Cleric wrote:I didn't know you could play that?
The Pope wrote:Correspondence course. Maybe I could moonlight as a minstrel. You think?
The First Cleric wrote:I never think. Uses up the brain.
The Pope wrote:I know. Eternal Density, arise and kneel.
Eternal Density kneels before the Pope, and the Pope puts his hands on Eternal Density's head, proclaiming in a voice that echoes throughout the valley:
The Pope wrote:Eternal Density, as Pope of the Order of the Holy Contradiction, in recognition of your Great Deed of devising and implementing a daft and delightful new construction method, with boots and badgers and castles and... things, wherefore to rebuild our Cathedral, and Abbey, and Records Chamber, and Fountain Room, and Rectory, and Breakfast Nook, and Swimming Pool, and even a basement for whatever it is BlitzGirl wanted (bless her heart!), all landscaped with shrubberies, not too large, with little paths between them, do I hereby Bless and Consecrate you and the Holy Ottified Treeish Distributor Of Gallimaufry that you have created, and I bestow upon thee, Eternal Density, the title of Hot Diggety, that we may all enjoy the fruits (and berries) of your creation.
Eternal Density wrote:That's not quite what I meant by...
The Pope wrote:Arise Eternal Density, Hot Diggety, and let us continue to Wait For It!
A cheer arises from the sandworkers, and the entire valley resonates with sounds of celebration as the echoes from the Pope's words die down. In the distance, minstrels can be heard starting to play dance music.
Eternal Density wrote:I was just trying to express my excitement and surprise...
The Pope wrote:I was as surprised as you were! (But I think the First Cleric might have been a wee bit more surprised.) There shall be Great Celebration throughout the land tonight! Come, enough construction for todip. We must revel and dance!
The First Cleric wrote:I never know what to make of you!
The Pope wrote:Enlightenment! Now come - we must prepare for the arrival of the BlitzGirls. Some have already passed the Voldeframe. They are coming.
The Pope and First Cleric exit. (stage right)
As they leave,
[cue B-38, fly 5] An entire castle flies down CS, missing our new Hot Diggety and hitting the ground with
[cue S-98] a thunderous thud.
Neil_Boekend enters from the opposite side of the stage. (stage left)
He looks around furtively, and strides up to Eternal Density, the Hot Diggety.
Neil_Boekend wrote:Doing construction?
Eternal Density wrote:A little. Knocking off for now.
Neil_Boekend wrote:No safety equipment. Not a good sight. What if something bad were to happen?
Eternal Density wrote:We've been doing pretty well, actually.
Neil_Boekend hands Eternal Density a floppy green slimy object with two wiggling antennas and an eye.
Neil_Boekend wrote:Here, have a safety helmet.
Eternal Density takes it, somewhat reluctantly.
Eternal Density wrote:Uh... thanks. I think.
Neil_Boekend wrote:Put it on. It will protect you. Gotta go.

Neil_Boekend exits whence he came.
Eternal Density stands there for a moment, dubiously contemplating the "hat".
Blackout.
Jose
<-- previous (NP 1500) / table of contents (on xkcd wiki) | next (NP 1631)-->
Last edited by ucim on Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:17 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

User avatar
mscha
Posts: 6896
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm UTC
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mscha » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:30 pm UTC

MONGALORE...
Image

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Image
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:
Image
Image

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9050
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:34 pm UTC

Awesomeful AotC, Jose! :mrgreen: Kitties!
Spoiler:
*black meowlpies in a basement*
Image
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:19 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
yappobiscuits
Posts: 2843
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:41 am UTC
Location: The Sea
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby yappobiscuits » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:36 pm UTC

Eee! Ch*rpin' brilliant AOTC! Much needed on a quiet wipend...
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT
Image

User avatar
StormAngel
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:09 am UTC
Location: Verified
Contact:

Jaffa, de Kree!

Postby StormAngel » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:46 pm UTC

Inspired by TheMinim's recent burst of OTTercomics, I've started Blitzing the XKCD archive; I didn't read at all regularly before Time began, and most likely would've been completely unaware of Time if ED hadn't mentioned it to me.

For decree:
I made these last night, but decided to have a decent coma before posting, as I didn't coma well the last few nights.

From 139 - Initial idea by Eternal Density

Image

Image
Spoiler:
139 - Beanic Skateboards.png
Beanic Skateboards

139 - Beanie Counters.png
Beanie Counters
Oelpr Jnhar, Knight of the Chronological Order, Protector of Othamburg
"HELLO. MY NAME IS STORMANGEL. YOU OTCOLORED MY NOPICES. PREPARE TO GO CAVE."
yappobiscuits wrote:"I wanna be redundant too! Lemme be redundant! C'monnn!"

My OTTifications on Imgur
Spoiler:
Ch*rp

Image

User avatar
AluisioASG
Posts: 2337
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:43 am UTC
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow
Contact:

Indeed.

Postby AluisioASG » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:55 pm UTC

TheMinim wrote:
Spoiler:
Image


Wait, you gave Cueball hair?
… whoa.

TheMinim wrote:
Spoiler:
Image

The original's title text… it sounds familiar…


HES wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:The Molpy (What does the molpy say?), based on Ylvis' The Fox (What does the fox say?).

I first heard the original song last wipend whilst driving a minibus full of students. I had to ask them if it was a real song, that people paid actual money for.

Well, I, for one, decided not to listen to it willingly.

Oh, and how are our Halloween preparations going?
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

User avatar
ZoomanSP
Posts: 1902
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 11:23 am UTC
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:35 am UTC

ucim wrote:
Act 3, scene 1
Spoiler:
at rise: a flat area on the new Sacred Grounds of the Order of the Holy Contradiction. Vegetation has been cleared and there are many people feverishly digging sand, apparently for the foundation of a building. They are shovelling it into buckets and taking the buckets away. Several people are doing other related tasks such as surveying, calculating, or coordinating all the activities. BlitzGirl is consulting with one of the engineers downstage right.
BlitzGirl wrote:Are you sure the basement will be deep enough?
the engineer wrote:It will be plenty deep. You could keep the entire clerecy down there if you wanted to.
BlitzGirl wrote:Oh, I hope it never comes to that! It just seems like it's all going so slowly.
the engineer wrote:Yes, it is very slow work at the beginning. But it gets faster.
the first sandworker wrote:Gang way!
There is a flurry of activity as three sandworkers who have been digging USL come rushing DSL and cross, exiting DSR, past BlitzGirl and the engineer, wheelbarrows loaded with sand.
[cue B-32, fly 4] A castle wall flies down DSL, hitting the ground with
[cue S-99] a huge thud. This is followed by
[cue S-89] the sound of a gong.
Five sandworkers rush on from SR with a trebuchet and begin firing projectiles at the new wall, until it is destroyed.
BlitzGirl wrote:What was that?
the engineer wrote:That's how we build castles. Ingenious, if I do say so!
BlitzGirl wrote:Daft, if you ask me!
the engineer wrote:No, it really works! I'm working on automating the process, but right now it's just making mustard so we have to do it manually.
BlitzGirl wrote:How are the raft people working out?
the engineer wrote:Terrific! They are really good at building things, but sometimes I think we're not speaking the same language. Math is math, so it all works out. Stand back.
[cue B-33, fly 4, 5, 6] A three castle walls fly down USL & CS, hitting the ground with
[cue S-90] three equally huge thuds.
the engineer wrote:See? We're working on getting the walls to line up.
Six kittens escape from between the newly dropped castle walls and run offstage in whatever direction the kittens want to.
BlitzGirl wrote:Kitties! Just in time - I'm running out of them!
BlitzGirl chases the kitties and tries to gather them up, exiting wherever the kitties lead her. As she exits, six more kittens escape from between the newly dropped castle walls and run offstage in whatever direction the kittens want to.
to himself, the engineer wrote:Well, that was redundant!
[cue S-91] The sound of a gong.
Fifteen sandworkers rush on with three trebuchets and fire projectiles at the walls until they, too, come tumbling down.
the engineer wrote:Badges! That's what we need, Badges!
He begins to exit SL, but is met by the First Cleric, who enters (also SL).
The First Cleric wrote:Badgers? Badgers? We don't need no ch*rpin' Badgers! This is Sacred Ground and I'll have no more heresy. Surely you mean Molpies.
the engineer wrote:No, Badges! You know, like taixzo's flame badge from the Vytron crisis. Badges let you unlock the boosts.
The First Cleric wrote:Why would you lock up your boots? Nobody's going to steal them.
the engineer wrote:Boosts! Boosts! Don't you see? (No, of course not - you're First Cleric.) Boosts are like power tools. You buy them with sand. If you have a trebuchet, boosts make it more powerful.
The First Cleric wrote:I thought your sand was going into the castle. We have half the clerecy digging sand for you, and you told us you were going to build a castle.
the engineer wrote:I am building you a castle. In fact, I already build you six castles. But we have to do it by hand. That's where the boosts come in. Watch out!
[cue B-34, flys 2 thru 6] A five castle walls fly down USL & CS, hitting the ground with
[cue S-92] five equally huge thuds.
The First Cleric wrote:What in the ch*irp?
[cue S-93] The sound of a gong.
Twenty-five sandworkers rush on with five trebuchets and fire projectiles at the walls until they, too, come tumbling down. Forty kittens escape from between the walls. BlitzGirl enters SR and tries to gather them up.
BlitzGirl wrote:Here kitty! Here kitty! Can you hear, kitty?
She exits wherever the kittens let her. Once she's gone, forty more kittens escape from between the walls.
the engineer wrote:See? Just like that!
The First Cleric wrote:Let me get this straight: You put sand in your boots to power the trebu...whatevers and destroy the castle that built itself... wait a minute - how did the castle build itself?
the engineer wrote:Badges!
The First Cleric exits, saying
The First Cleric wrote:This is daft!
under his breath, the engineer wrote:You would know, wouldn't you!
One of the sandworkers rushes up to the engineer with a clipboard. We recognize her as one of the raft people.
the second sandworker wrote:Kava kepu granini. Hchpaku smopu kalaniki xipa pu navou.
The engineer pins a badge on the sandworker.
the engineer wrote:Let's hope this works.
The sandworker exits SL
[cue B-35, fly 1] An entire castle flys down CS, barely missing the engineer and hitting the ground with
[cue S-94] a thunderous thud.
[cue S-95] The sound of a gong.
The same sandworker that got the badge comes on with a single giant trebuchet, puts his boots into it, and fires it at the castle, which shatters into a millionh fragments. More kittens than can be counted escape from the ruins of the castle.
hhex
pumping his fist, the engineer wrote:Yes!
The engineer exits, as BlitzGirl rushes in.
BlitzGirl wrote:Here kitty kitty kitty kitty! There kitty kitty kitty kitty! Everywhere a kitty kitty kitty kitty!
She tries to gather the kittens up, and exits. As soon as she's gone, another huge number of kittens escape from the ruins.
The Pope and First Cleric enter.
The First Cleric wrote:Daft, I tell you! Totally ch*rping mad! If I didn't see it with my own eyes, I wouldn't have seen it myself!
The Pope wrote:So you're telling me Badgers build the castle by firing boots at the sand with trebuches?
The First Cleric wrote:Exactly! No, wait - No! There are no badgers involved at all!
The Pope wrote:Well, anyway I don't see badgers, boots, or anything else except for my loyal workers feverishly digging sand. Those raft people are very enterprising, I must say. They will be a fine addition to our community.
The First Cleric wrote:Look out!
[cue B-36, fly 2] An entire castle flys down CS, barely missing the Pope and First Cleric and hitting the ground with
[cue S-96] a thunderous thud which echoes and combines with thuds from the distant hills, where
[cue B-37] windowshade effectother castles have appeared. (in the backdrop)
The Pope wrote:That is amazing! Let me try!
[cue S-97] The sound of a gong.
The pope starts to dig some sand. A black figure swings from a rope from the ceiling
the black figure wrote:Ninja'd! No kitties this time!
All the sandworkers stand up and do the wave. All the castles fall down and the engineer rushes in.
the engineer wrote:What happened?
The Pope wrote:I've never seen anything like this before! Castles just appeared out of nowhere!
the engineer wrote:Not out of nowhere, your Pontiffness. It's from all the sand. I haven't quite worked out all the beesnakes though.
The Pope wrote:This new learning amazes me! Tell me once again how you build castles out of boots and badgers.
the engineer wrote:The secret is that you tear down castles just as soon as you build them. It's automatic! The faster you destroy castles, the more appear! Pretty soon you don't have to dig sand, you just Wait For It!
The Pope wrote:Genius!
The First Cleric wrote:Madness! You can't build castles by destroying them! It's like making hotdogs by pouring mustard on the ground.
the engineer wrote:Yes, it is like that, come to think of it!
The First Cleric wrote:It's preposterous! It's ludicrous! It's impossible!
The Pope wrote:And therefore, it is what must be true. What is your name, O Wise One?
The First Cleric wrote:Well, nobody ever actually asked me that before
the engineer wrote:It is Eternal Density, your Pontiffness.
The Pope wrote:Eternal Density, by what title would you like to be known? I shall proclaim it right here, and enter you into the ranks of the Most High.
Eternal Density wrote:Hot Diggety!
The Pope wrote:Herald! Sound the call!
the First Cleric wrote:Oh no you don't! I know what comes next. This man is daft, I'm telling you! Completely off his mustard! And besides, it's the herald's day off.
The Pope wrote:Chirp! I'll do it myself then.
The Pope reaches into his garments and pulls out a ram's horn. He blows it, and a sound emerges that is so pure it could have come from Heaven itself.
The First Cleric wrote:I didn't know you could play that?
The Pope wrote:Correspondence course. Maybe I could moonlight as a minstrel. You think?
The First Cleric wrote:I never think. Uses up the brain.
The Pope wrote:I know. Eternal Density, arise and kneel.
Eternal Density kneels before the Pope, and the Pope puts his hands on Eternal Density's head, proclaiming in a voice that echoes throughout the valley:
The Pope wrote:Eternal Density, as Pope of the Order of the Holy Contradiction, in recognition of your Great Deed of devising and implementing a daft and delightful new construction method, with boots and badgers and castles and... things, wherefore to rebuild our Cathedral, and Abbey, and Records Chamber, and Fountain Room, and Rectory, and Breakfast Nook, and Swimming Pool, and even a basement for whatever it is BlitzGirl wanted (bless her heart!), all landscaped with shrubberies, not too large, with little paths between them, do I hereby Bless and Consecrate you and the Holy Ottified Treeish Distributor Of Gallimaufry that you have created, and I bestow upon thee, Eternal Density, the title of Hot Diggety, that we may all enjoy the fruits (and berries) of your creation.
Eternal Density wrote:That's not quite what I meant by...
The Pope wrote:Arise Eternal Density, Hot Diggety, and let us continue to Wait For It!
A cheer arises from the sandworkers, and the entire valley resonates with sounds of celebration as the echoes from the Pope's words die down. In the distance, minstrels can be heard starting to play dance music.
Eternal Density wrote:I was just trying to express my excitement and surprise...
The Pope wrote:I was as surprised as you were! (But I think the First Cleric might have been a wee bit more surprised.) There shall be Great Celebration throughout the land tonight! Come, enough construction for todip. We must revel and dance!
The First Cleric wrote:I never know what to make of you!
The Pope wrote:Enlightenment! Now come - we must prepare for the arrival of the BlitzGirls. Some have already passed the Voldeframe. They are coming.
The Pope and First Cleric exit. (stage right)
As they leave,
[cue B-38, fly 5] An entire castle flys down CS, missing our new Hot Diggety and hitting the ground with
[cue S-98] a thunderous thud.
Neil_Boekard enters from the opposite side of the stage. (stage left)
He looks around furtively, and strides up to Eternal Density, the Hot Diggety.
Neil_Boekard wrote:Doing construction?
Eternal Density wrote:A little. Knocking off for now.
Neil_Boekard wrote:No safety equipment. Not a good sight. What if something bad were to happen?
Eternal Density wrote:We've been doing pretty well, actually.
Neil_Boekard hands Eternal Density a floppy green slimy object with two wiggling antennas and an eye.
Neil_Boekard wrote:Here, have a safety helmet.
Eternal Density takes it, somewhat reluctantly.
Eternal Density wrote:Uh... thanks. I think.
Neil_Boekard wrote:Put it on. It will protect you. Gotta go.

Neil_Boekard exits whence he came.
Eternal Density stands there for a moment, dubiously contemplating the "hat".
Blackout.

Jose
<-- previous (NP 1500) / table of contents (on xkcd wiki)

Wowterful and seaish! I cracked up at the stage direction "Six kittens [...] run offstage in whatever direction the kittens want to."
Also, within all that gallimaufry, I learned a new word4. And for the first time, I kind of feel with the First Cleric... :)
Wait on.

Image
Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9050
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:05 am UTC

rONG:
Image
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
azule
Saved
Posts: 2132
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:45 pm UTC
Location: The land of the Golden Puppies and Rainbows

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby azule » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:29 am UTC

Minim, loving your OTTsessification!!

AluisioASG wrote:I dreamt of slinchy slugs today. Three of them, and two dogs.
I'm mostly interested in hearing what azule has to say on the subject, given he (and someone else too) had been experimenting with them.
I was? Eh... They don't infect dreams. They eat them.
BTW, congrats on 1190 posts. I missed my opportunity last night.

!!OTTsessification = OTT + (ob)sess(ive) + -ification.
Image

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

User avatar
mscha
Posts: 6896
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm UTC
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mscha » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:30 am UTC

CASTONGS...
Image

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Image
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:
Image
Image

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9050
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: Indeed.

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:31 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:Oh, and how are our Halloween preparations going?

I keep forgetting Halloween is so close! I'll have to think of something molpish to put on the OTT on Thursdip.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
yappobiscuits
Posts: 2843
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:41 am UTC
Location: The Sea
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:37 am UTC

Yeah... I've not got anything planned. I wanted to maybe do a Halloweenish song, but won't have the chance since I have actual commissioned stuff to be working on... but I might do something. Something that requires much less effort...
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT
Image

User avatar
k.bookbinder
Posts: 975
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:17 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby k.bookbinder » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:41 am UTC

Hurray! More AotC!! And more OTTifications!

Wait, who would pay for The Fox? There isn't even an album. It's just two weird Norwegian guys.

I am excited about this new raft construction. I also thought it rather funny that several Back to the Future references were made - my wife has been pining for a particular Back to the Future t-shirt, which she happily purchased today :mrgreen:

Halloween preparations? Do you mean preparations such as prepping an entire army of undead molpies?
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9050
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:05 am UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:Halloween preparations? Do you mean preparations such as prepping an entire army of undead molpies?

Eh, I don't know. That seems like a lot of work. First you have to gather all the molpies, then you have to make them dead, then you have to make them undead...
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
ucim
Posts: 6758
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:23 pm UTC
Location: The One True Thread

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ucim » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:09 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I have no idea. This is the same visitor map that RobIrr made way back when - did it load for you then?
"Way back when" is an awful long time ago! Memory is the second thing to go, and that puppy has sailed.

Thanks BlitzGirl, yappobiscuits, k.bookbinder, and ZoomanSP for your comments on AotC.

Just as an aside, aprops of nothing at all, we recently performed "August, Osage County", and the code for that one is AOC... I keep thinking of the Acts whenever I see that abbreviation. Similarly, we're doing War of the Worlds (WotW) on Halloween night, and many years ago I did Wonder of the World (WOW), another set I sometimes confuse (but at least they are not contemporaneous!)

@StormAngel... "Jaffa, de Kree!"? Better hope BlitzGirl doesn't C that or you may get a donut without a hole!

...if you know what I mean!

BlitzGirl wrote:First you have to gather all the molpies, then you have to make them dead, then you have to make them undead...
Yeah, but they keep well. You can use them year after year, and they only get better.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9050
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:12 am UTC

ucim wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:First you have to gather all the molpies, then you have to make them dead, then you have to make them undead...
Yeah, but they keep well. You can use them year after year, and they only get better.

But where am I going to store them? The redundakitties don't get along with live molpies, much less undead ones, and the basement is full of heretics.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
ChronosDragon
Posts: 1852
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:42 am UTC
Location: [~]

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ChronosDragon » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:14 am UTC

New AoTC, and more ottifications than I have spines on my tail! (that's 32, by the way. Not that I was counting ottifications, but there sure were a lot!)

Been feeling a bit...I dunno... lost, lately. Like I can't keep track of everything and I'm not sure if I'm doing things right and abstractly speaking I have no idea who I am. I keep doing things the way I've always done but these processes have inefficiencies and my schedule is overloaded. Things are being left out. I have an unfinished commission and a research project I'm falling behind on and a quilt square to design for my grandparents and 2 decades of united states history to cram into my head every 3.5 days and personal projects to keep up with and a portal mod to create and a website to run and comics to ottify and all the while am I an introverted teenager who can't deal with his issues or a steampunk dragon who is too cool to care?

I think I "get" why teenagers are so weird now. Everything is all confusing in the head. Neural unbalance from a gradual efficiency upgrade that hasn't reached all the parts of the brain yet while the system is trying to cope with unprecedented input from all angles, and sense to try and make out of all of it. It's hard to be a citizen of the internet and of a real life and not lose bytes in the transfer. I'm amazed I was even coherent enough to write this segment of rapids from my stream of consciousness. Everything happens always and I'm trying to keep up with it all but I can't and I know I can't but I don't know what parts to ignore and what parts to grasp onto and gosh, it'd be nice to get 10 hours of sleep for once.

Sometimes, a person needs to think things through "out loud" and I'm happy I'm comfortable enough with all of you folks to be able to do that. I don't expect pity or agreement or really any sort of response at all, but I don't have a diary so this is the next best thing.

(And if it seems like that's a lot of projects going on at once, it is, and as I implied, I can really only work on one at a time. School takes priority, as always, but the rest are being juggled day to day and a lot of times if I don't have anything to say it's not because I'm not here but because I have nothing to add, creatively. And I'm not a big believer in talking just for the sake of talking.)
Image

User avatar
Eternal Density
Posts: 5571
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:37 am UTC
Contact:

Is this an exaggeration?

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:19 am UTC

Sorry I haven't had time to needle-pull much todip. I've been kinda busy hotdogging. So I've kinda skimmed over things. And haven't OTTified the othercomic I promised a prior pope for a prior decree, yet.

Code: Select all

## 2.6
- Castles are not built when you have infinite
- Sand is not turned into castles if you have infinite castles
- Fixed Badges Earned redacted icon not showing due to missing s
- Warn on the ONG if not saved in over a newpix (the time since save counter now counts regardless of whether you have autosave)
- No ASHF if you have no boosts to buy and all tools have infinite price
- Recycling Beanie desc(ription) fix, added the upgrade button also
- Panther Glaze
- Factored out function for adding glass blocks/chips from the glass furnace/blower, to avoid duplicating storage-space checks everywhere
- Badgers can now have stats, for extra flavour text
- Fiddled with new tool numbers
- Glass Ceiling stuff

## 2.61
- Um, I wrote for instead of while and forgot to test

@ChronosDragon: A real life? I don't really even try anymore :P
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9050
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:31 am UTC

ED: Yay! Thanks for the hotdog updates! :)

ChronosDragon: your post reminds me of my junior year of high school. Steambottle! It may take a while, but if you Wait for it, the confusingness will sort itself out eventually. Mostly. At least in my experience. :wink: In the meantime, we OTTers are quite used to Madness, so I don't think most of us will mind if you want to post about such things here.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
Eternal Density
Posts: 5571
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:37 am UTC
Contact:

Word

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:36 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:ED: Yay! Thanks for the hotdog updates! :)

Good luck finding all the new things. Or at least some of them :P
*skims thread to look for picures*
ah yes, StormAngel made the ottification I suggested :D I better go do the one I promised now...
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

User avatar
ergman
Posts: 1213
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:24 am UTC
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ergman » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:40 am UTC

@Chronosdragon That's sounds stressful man, have a good sleep. And remember, you can put off OTT related projects for ever. We can wait after all.

Anyway, it's time for a seasonal OTTification:

"This Is OTT!" The original is This is Halloween, from Tim Burton's wonderful The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Meg and Cue come and take a seat
Wouldn't you like to see something neat

Come with us and you will see
This needle pulled OTT

Spoiler:
This is OTT, this is OTT
Molpy down in the dead of night

This is OTT, everybody OTTify
Write and draw till the otherthreads simply sigh1
It's our thread, everybody's neat
In the chirping OTT

I am the one sitting up on your head
Slimy and green, making you brain dead.

I am the one molpy hunting all day
Frame difference checks; they never get away

This is OTT, this is OTT

OTT! OTT! OTT! OTT!
In this thread we call home
Everyone hail to the 'Molpy' song!

In this thread, don't we love it now
Everybody's waiting for the next newpix!

Here we watch it all, from behind the fourth wall
Lucky's waiting now to pounce, and how you'll Thwack!

Thwack! This is OTT
wait 'n' watch, creepily

You put off?
Well, that's just fine

Post here once, post here twice
In the basement, trapped for life!
just you and the bots in the dead of night

Everybody's neat, everybody's neat!

In our needle pulled OTT
I am the one who Megball Ships
Via fan fiction and image manips

I am the one who colors in frames
I am the one making sandcastle games.

I am the blitzer stuck in the past
Flying to the present alarmingly fast!

This is OTT, this is OTT!
OTT! OTT! OTT!
OTT!
OTT! OTT!

Redundacats everywhere
You can't just leave your spoilers bare!

The thread's big, just like the sea,
Watch, don't drown in OTT!

In this thread
Don't we love it now

Everybody's waiting for the next newpix!
The Mopey Mome might just decree for poems
So write ever swiftly!
Make awsomeful D-Dactyls!
This is OTT, everybody scream
Wont' ya please make way for a very special guy

The top post is Pope of the latest page
Everyone hail to the Next decree, now!

This is OTT, this is OTT!
OTT! OTT! OTT!
OTT!

In this thread we call home
Everyone Waits past the *nd of Time!

Ha ha-ha ha, [Repeat]

I can imagine it would be quite creepy for Megan and Cueball to discover this thread, especially if it were through some magical door in a Boabob...


1-girl, look at that body.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

User avatar
azule
Saved
Posts: 2132
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:45 pm UTC
Location: The land of the Golden Puppies and Rainbows

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby azule » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:57 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:I'm not here but because I have nothing to add, creatively. And I'm not a big believer in talking just for the sake of talking.
I'd say that a novel (book) is basically that principle. Why not get to the point like a 2 hour movie? Probably because people actually enjoy semi-aimless rambling.

Eternal Density wrote:A real life? I don't really even try anymore :P
Yeah, real life gets in the way of my coding and ottifying. "Stop trying to have sex with me, I need to make funny things for people on the internet."
Image

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

User avatar
yappobiscuits
Posts: 2843
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:41 am UTC
Location: The Sea
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:00 am UTC

Neat ergman, though you are aware I did the exact same thing a while back? It's ok though, yours was different enough (though some lines were exactly the same!). I didn't even finish mine, so I guess we could put them together or something!

@ChronosDragon - Poor molpy, I know how you feel. And I think some of that doesn't even apply to teenagers, I mean, I still relate to some of that now. Especially the whole thing about having too many projects going on. I find, even though I have plenty of time to work on all the projects I have on my plate, I just don't have the brainpower. I find, the more projects I have, the less I feel up to actually doing anything. I just can't cope with so much stuff to be doing, my brain just goes into shutdown and I end up doing absolutely nothing even though there's loads I need to be doing. It's like my brain is a web browser with far too many tabs open so it runs ridiculously slowly and then eventually crashes. Would you look at that, now I'm thinking out loud. But yeah, one needs to do that from time to time...
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT
Image

User avatar
ergman
Posts: 1213
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:24 am UTC
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ergman » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:11 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Neat ergman, though you are aware I did the exact same thing a while back? It's ok though, yours was different enough (though some lines were exactly the same!). I didn't even finish mine, so I guess we could put them together or something!

@ChronosDragon - Poor molpy, I know how you feel. And I think some of that doesn't even apply to teenagers, I mean, I still relate to some of that now. Especially the whole thing about having too many projects going on. I find, even though I have plenty of time to work on all the projects I have on my plate, I just don't have the brainpower. I find, the more projects I have, the less I feel up to actually doing anything. I just can't cope with so much stuff to be doing, my brain just goes into shutdown and I end up doing absolutely nothing even though there's loads I need to be doing. It's like my brain is a web browser with far too many tabs open so it runs ridiculously slowly and then eventually crashes. Would you look at that, now I'm thinking out loud. But yeah, one needs to do that from time to time...

Oh dammit, dammit dammit! It's not even a page I skipped either... Sigh1 :oops: I kinda had a feeling too. Oh well. I'll do something halloweeny and original tomorrow, I swear. Tonight though, I molpy down.
Edit: I had to get rid of the 'all' in the 'all y'all' in my sig to fit azulejo hilarious quote.
1-girl, look at thaaa zzz...
Last edited by ergman on Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:16 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

User avatar
Eternal Density
Posts: 5571
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:37 am UTC
Contact:

It's not meant to look good :P

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:13 am UTC

azule wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:A real life? I don't really even try anymore :P
Yeah, real life gets in the way of my coding and ottifying. "Stop trying to have sex with me, I need to make funny things for people on the internet."
I've never had that problem. *shrug*

Okay here's my latest work:
Image
original
Spoiler:
Image
Instead of undead molpy, packaged contained rotten redundakitty. Would not order from Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell again.
time2.png
Please, Joss Whedon!
Last edited by Eternal Density on Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:17 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

User avatar
taixzo
Posts: 1608
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:54 am UTC
Location: The Present

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby taixzo » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:17 am UTC

Hooray, act 3! I hope our new Hot Diggity can resist the brain slug!

ETA: New othercomic.

ETA: ...I didn't know Einstein had children.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

User avatar
Eternal Density
Posts: 5571
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:37 am UTC
Contact:

Making too much work for myself

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:21 am UTC

Looking at all the stuff I still need to add to SB I don't know when I'll get to do much on the new hotdog :( Plus I need to do more OTTifications to catch up to TheMinim and I haven't done a song in a while and there's a few I meant to do wips or mips ago and never did. I wonder what they were.

ETA new OtherComic?
*engaging OTTification engine*
*sound of gears grinding*
oops. I think I need to see a mechanic.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

User avatar
Eternal Density
Posts: 5571
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:37 am UTC
Contact:

I guess I'll doublepost

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:52 am UTC

Okay that wasn't too hard.
Image
(using mscha numbrers)

redundant:
Spoiler:
headlines.png
Comment written to describe the file
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

User avatar
mscha
Posts: 6896
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm UTC
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mscha » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:30 am UTC

ONGENUINENESS...
Image

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Image
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:
Image
Image

User avatar
Neil_Boekend
Posts: 3220
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:35 am UTC
Location: Yes.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:38 am UTC

W))T, Go Newpixbot! Yaay!
(translation: I have nothing specific to type about but I wish to inform you that the OTT is awesomefull. Ketchup was also awesomefull but I can't find any specifics I wish to reply to.)
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9050
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:44 am UTC

That's looking like a mast to me!

Molpish ottification, ergman (redundancy is good!) and treeish OTTercomics, ED! (I want to do one now...)
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
Neil_Boekend
Posts: 3220
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:35 am UTC
Location: Yes.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:04 am UTC

They seem to be making a castleless raftcastle!
Hmm OTT is slow todip. We must give the server a protective hat so that it will be protected against slowness.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

User avatar
Eternal Density
Posts: 5571
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:37 am UTC
Contact:

Epsilon

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:19 am UTC

Odd, I just got Redundant Raptor. On Logicat Level 66. I thought it should have unlocked ages ago. Hmm.
I guess it's pretty redundant then.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

User avatar
azule
Saved
Posts: 2132
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:45 pm UTC
Location: The land of the Golden Puppies and Rainbows

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby azule » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:24 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Okay here's my latest work:
Image
Woah, I should have thought of that. Kudos!
Image

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

User avatar
Eternal Density
Posts: 5571
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:37 am UTC
Contact:

I think the characters almost turned out recognisable!

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:31 am UTC

azule wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:Okay here's my latest work:
Image
Woah, I should have thought of that. Kudos!

Thanks.

I made it by pasting in the characters (mostly using time wiki pics when available) then traced over the top in anotherlayer w ith thickness 2 brush. Then hid the middle layer. The background was from googling 'graph paper'
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

User avatar
lmjb1964
Posts: 2446
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:09 pm UTC
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:09 am UTC

ggh wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
ggh wrote:The return of so many wonderful OTTers I feared lost makes me really, really happy.

Yes, it makes me happy, too, and happy that I found my way back before I was lost forever.
In case you didn't get to see it, here's a post I directed to you, possibly just after you had gone.
What do you think? Can I make your cat redundant?

ggh, that colorification is treeish is every way. And of course you can make my friend Catherine redundant! She would like nothing better.

And dunejumpish is a cool word.

Minim, you are like an ottifying machine! Steakish, all of them!
Image

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

User avatar
Eternal Density
Posts: 5571
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:37 am UTC
Contact:

Sigh

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:18 am UTC

Steambottle, I just realised I misspelled Tomorrip.

Oh and I over thought something so now ASHF is still given in a needless situation.
And why didn't I get a crate key? Also something looks wrong with LCB when combined with PG.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

User avatar
HES
Posts: 4886
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 7:13 pm UTC
Location: England

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HES » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:38 am UTC

I'm running late, but I just noticed that QC's Marigold has been wearing an XKCD shirt the last week.

Molpy sideways!
He/Him/His Image


Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 96 guests