1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Earthling on Mars » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:33 pm UTC

Here, have a hand-drawn colored newpix! (2654)

(click for seaish version)

redundant
Spoiler:
color2654_riverish.jpg

color2654_semiseaish.jpg

Edit: Hmm, pope. What shall I decree? Alright, what is your favorite plant from the OTC?

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:55 pm UTC

Thank you kindly Ergman! :mrgreen: I feel safer already.
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

mscha

Postby mscha » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:30 pm UTC

ONGUENTUM...

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:00 pm UTC

Whoa, people, you've been busy! I have a four-page ketchup.

mrob, loving the updated quote script.

Eternal Density wrote:Image

This. Just...this. :D

Eternal Density wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:Good ol' Newpix-O-Meter! Speaking of which, the one in my sig is now just sadly ticking around, not counting down anything in particular. I'd like to take a poll: should I exchange it for some newfangled piece of forum technology (yet to be determined), retrofit it with date functionality or other fancy gadgets/features, or leave it how it is? (Note that the third option could also include some new graphics, as I've got changes I've wanted to make to it for a while that I never got around to).

You could list the postcounts of OTTers who are on or near a Nice Round Number. Cake-O-Meter!

Ooh, I like that idea! Is that possible?

ChronosDragon wrote:I found a subreddit dedicated to OTTer antics. Productivity for the rest of the day has gone.

/r/ch*rpottersdo

Oh, at first I thought you meant otters like us. I was wondering who would have started that.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

ucim

Postby ucim » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:00 pm UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:Been feeling a bit...I dunno... lost, lately. Like I can't keep track of everything and I'm not sure if I'm doing things right and abstractly speaking I have no idea who I am...
This is a normal part of living. It's not just a teenage thing (or I've been a teenager for {mumble} years!), but it tends to start in the teen years because that's the point where the world starts to open up, and many things that weren't even a consideration start to become interesting. It's when "you can't do everything" starts to become real.

It's real easy to get distracted. Social networks, college bull sessions, Dungeons and Dragons, you could spend a thousand lifetimes... (wait - wrong quote!) :) It's important to prioritze, leaving time for fun, but ensuring that the vital stuff gets done (and be realistic in how much time that will take!). Sometimes it's valuable to actually make a schedule and stick to it. The first part is the easy part. :)

It happens to me too... all too frequently. I have a hard time saying "no" to projects, and then there I am... each thing requiring that I do some other thing first, and oooh! Redundakitties! The stack in my brain is only so tall, and things get lost off the top of it. Easy things jump the queue, delaying the harder (but more important) things.

I have found (for myself - everyone's different) that if I am meticulously ordered (neat desk, everything has a place) then it's easy for me to keep it that way, and I function more effectively. But it's easy to slip, and once things pile up, it becomes really hard to get back on top.

As for the question "Who am I?", Personally I've never been able to make sense of it. It's not a question whose answer needs to be formalized. (Unless you actually are a dragon. In that case there are some logistical things to consider. :)

ChronosDragon wrote:I don't know what parts to ignore and what parts to grasp onto and gosh, it'd be nice to get 10 hours of sleep for once.
Sleep is very important. I just read an article which indicated that during sleep, brain cells actually shrink in size, allowing all the gunk that built up between them to be flushed out. I'd say that's pretty important!

When I was in college, I took a course in which one of the exercises was to take an idealized geological map (given to us), and find the gold. To do that, we had to mentally undo three faults and the erosion that occured between the earthquakes. Then, the little bit of gold vein that showed up on the map could be extrapolated, and you'd be able to decide where to dig to find the rest of it. It's conceptually pretty simple, and everybody, every year, leaves it to the last minute. Every year, everybody discovers that it's not quite as simple; they would get halfway through and realize they forgot this, or that, and had to start again. Work on this would continue through 3am, getting less and less efficient...through 6am, making even more mustard, Every freakin' year! and the students would finally emerge at noon the next day with their results. And everybody knew that everybody else did that last year and the year before!!

When it came my turn, I realized all this, because like everyone else, I had heard the stories. I'd like to say that I started my assignment early, when I was fresh, and although I made mistakes, I was able to fix them before my brain shut down.

I'd like to say that, but I'd be lying. I did what everyone else had done, with similar results. Ch*rp!

Don't ignore sleep!

And don't be troubled by your confusion. It's not only a part of growing up, it's a part of living life.

@ergman - Nice "This is O-T-T"! Nice like a tree!
@Eternal Density - Yay for Time 2! And nothing heretical about "tomorrow"... that is perfectly kosher in-universe. And nice manip on 20th Centinewpix! (I especially like the way the newpix numbers line up with the years) So many things echo through time, even Time itself: BlitzGirl and waveny! I'd click on those! And mrob27 - treeish reverse echo on them! (would that be an Oche?)
BlitzGirl wrote:Oh, and *pelts mrob with small candies*. :)
Now who's going to re-OTTify the un-OTTifying that mrob did?
I suppose if somebody re-ottified that it would be a Reverse Oche, or a Roche. You could go back and forth like that, but not forever. You'd reach the Roche limit and fall apart.

Welcome back Valarya! Great to see you here again!

Welcome maniexx! As you've already read, there is the wiki (which I originally thought was kind of silly when it was first started... I have been proven so wrong!). Most of the important stuff is linked there, but it's not always all that easy to find (because a newcomer doesn't know what to look for, or where to look). I'd say another excellent tool is the index at
http://mrob.com/time/
that mrob27 has provided, as it links the frames to the OTT (this thread, the One True Thread), and mscha's viewer at
http://xkcd.mscha.org/viewer/1
which has many ways to navigate and relate to other sites.

And you are welcome to join in at any time!. You'll pick things up. (Just don't mistake slimy green things for hats!)

Sciscitor wrote:Interestingly enough the heuristics I employ to classify a filetype thinks it is C-source... mhm... what does this say about the quality of the verses?
They are big?

BlitzGirl wrote:I don't think my laptop's hard drive is much longer for this world, either.
Think of it as a data processor. You know what a food processor does to food, right?

TheMinim wrote:Do I officially own NP 1572, then?
Sure looks like it! Onwards! Treeish ones on NP 1575 too!

lmjb1964 wrote:My day so far:
Gotta do some work. Ok, maybe just a little ketchup first.
*reads some posts*
That was awesomeful. Now I really need to do some work.
*looks in email inbox*
Nope, don't want to do that right now. Nah, do that later. Steambottle, definitely don't want to do that right now. Ooh, this one's easy. Now back to the OTT.
*reads more OTT*
Treeish! Ok, gotta do some more work...
And repeat.
You stole my day! That's ok, I'll share the day with you! And glad you enjoyed the new AotC!

mrob27 wrote:Well, actually a whole new category (again :roll: I seem to love pushing the envelope that way)
Sure, it's a new category, but is it a whole new kind of category?

Eternal Density wrote:
Spoiler:
Neat. And after looking at it several times (and looking at the other versions), I just now saw what the second frame was. I had originally seen it as circular something whoosing down through the atmosphere. Now I see it's the wristwatch with the newpixometer. Duh! (on a RELATED note, is there a relationship between zeppelins and the time shown on the original clock?)

ChronosDragon wrote:Good ol' Newpix-O-Meter! Speaking of which, the one in my sig is now just sadly ticking around, not counting down anything in particular. I'd like to take a poll: should I exchange it for some newfangled piece of forum technology (yet to be determined), retrofit it with date functionality or other fancy gadgets/features, or leave it how it is? (Note that the third option could also include some new graphics, as I've got changes I've wanted to make to it for a while that I never got around to).
I'd vote to repurpose it for the BeanOngs. Or you could set it up to work with whatever NewOngs end up sailing through the thread.

ggh wrote:Chirp, Jose. I think these can't get any better, but they do. And so tight!
Glad you are enjoying them!

ergman wrote:I present to you: The OTT Halloween Counter-Brain-Slug Pumpkin Offensive Event!
This splendid hat can be applied to one's head to prevent the infection of the notorious brain slugs that have been plaguing the thread. Simply place it on your head, as in my avatar, and it will protect you for the duration of the holiday season.

Head-On! Apply directly to the forehead!

@BlitzGirl - Love the shameless repost of your Lucky/Rosetta! You have a treeish drawing style!

BlitzGirl wrote:No kitties in the cannon
That means that if a redundakitty fails to be redundant, it can't be fired. Job security at its best! (Of course, kitties always have job security!)

BlitzGirl wrote:["Keyboard in the Cannon," incidentally, is a twangy musical number by the next big OTT band Neil Boekend and the Dodgy Band Names.
If it's a round, would that be a "Keyboard in the Cannon" canon?

BlitzGirl wrote:I think the statute of limitations has expired on a pun that's over 200 newpages old...
I'm not sure if I should be relieved, or troubled that you remember a pun for two hundred newpages!

@Earthling on Mars - very very treeish hand-drawn OTColored!

For Pope - hmmm.. favorite plant? Probably the one Megan thwacked.

And I'm back in the present! (I've been reading and "meaning to reply, next time" and it keeps getting away from me! Does this sound familiar?) :)

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

Eternal Density

Molpy Up

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:08 pm UTC

On a note related to recent discussion, I really better get my tax return filed tonip! Been putting off for mips and the end of this mip is the deadline. I'm out of excuses :P
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Missed the chance to do this on NP 1576.

Postby lmjb1964 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:18 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:The phrase "Expando crashing" conjures up a Godzilla-like scene of giant Expando terrorizing the Beanish town and smashing through buildings...at least in my head.
"Rosetta crashing" sounds better.

And more possible.
Spoiler:

Attack of the 50-ft Rosetta! (I should write that in non-heretical units, but I never did figure out the conversion.)

Oh dear, I see Aluisio has succumbed to the "safety hat." :shock:

Eternal Density wrote:ETA how do I know the pumpkin hat isn't just a dyed brainslug? I don't trust anything I haven't made myself. (apart from gear which has stood the Test of Time, like my buffyhat)

I was thinking the same thing...
Happy 2500, ED!

mscha wrote:SERONGAS...
Spoiler:

OMR!! It IS Lucky! Whaaaa????

BlitzGirl wrote:Lucky! :D :D :D
Shameless repost:

Spoiler:

Edit to follow papal decree.

Don't remember seeing that before. Wingish!

BlitzGirl wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:What is that behind Beanie-3 (on the far left)? Lucky, lying down?

No, it seems a bit smaller. An otter?

Maybe it's a molpy they're going to feed Lucky for dinner.

:( I guess Lucky does need to eat.

OK, no more ketchup for me till I work on the minutes from the faculty meeting. Though the thought of doing that makes me feel like banging my head against the desk. :|

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:35 pm UTC

ucim wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:Been feeling a bit...I dunno... lost, lately. Like I can't keep track of everything and I'm not sure if I'm doing things right and abstractly speaking I have no idea who I am...
This is a normal part of living. It's not just a teenage thing (or I've been a teenager for {mumble} years!), but it tends to start in the teen years because that's the point where the world starts to open up, and many things that weren't even a consideration start to become interesting. It's when "you can't do everything" starts to become real.

It's real easy to get distracted. Social networks, college bull sessions, Dungeons and Dragons, you could spend a thousand lifetimes... (wait - wrong quote!) :) It's important to prioritze, leaving time for fun, but ensuring that the vital stuff gets done (and be realistic in how much time that will take!). Sometimes it's valuable to actually make a schedule and stick to it. The first part is the easy part. :)

It happens to me too... all too frequently. I have a hard time saying "no" to projects, and then there I am... each thing requiring that I do some other thing first, and oooh! Redundakitties! The stack in my brain is only so tall, and things get lost off the top of it. Easy things jump the queue, delaying the harder (but more important) things.

Don't let the urgent get in the way of the important. The key is understanding which is which. Of course, some things are both, but often, by giving the important things their due, they don't ever become urgent. If things are urgent, but not important, then handle them speedily, and get back to the important things. Of course, things that are neither don't get done, so make sure that sleep, and food, and fun are all things you consider appropriately important.

For things like research projects it can be a good idea to lay out a schedule, but be sure to leave space in it for the unexpected. Unexpected can be it turns out to be harder than you thought, or you really need a nap, or whatever. Just know that something will happen differently than you planned, so your schedule needs enough room to accommodate that.

And no, it's not just a teenage thing, but the things that are teenage things tend to magnify it.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:50 pm UTC

For papal decree: The original neat tree.
Spoiler:

Now,
BlitzGirl wrote:
Spoiler:
Eternal Density wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:The phrase "Expando crashing" conjures up a Godzilla-like scene of giant Expando terrorizing the Beanish town and smashing through buildings...at least in my head.

"Rosetta crashing" sounds better. <snip>
Excellent. :mrgreen: I look forward to the blockbuster in which seaish Rosetta faces off with immortal guardian Expando in the ruins of the Chateau d'If, battling for ultimate supremacy over all Beaniekind.

redundant
Spoiler:
rosetta_battling_expando.png
rosetta_battling_expando.png (9.62 KiB) Viewed 11430 times

rosetta_battling_expando.png
rosetta_battling_expando.png (9.11 KiB) Viewed 11436 times

(How could I forget a THWAP!?)
rosetta_battling_expando_redundant.png
rosetta_battling_expando_redundant.png (4.66 KiB) Viewed 11436 times

Edit: realized I left something out!

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:00 pm UTC

That's awesomeful, Earthling on Mars! :D And treeish hand-OTColored, too!

HES wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:A bit too early, BlitzGirl... new What-If out now!

Looks like GLR was waiting to make sure Blitzgirl got some coma before turning into this...
Spoiler:

Heh, it figures. :) I needed coma to properly realize that I was trying to apply the regular Othercomic release Time to What-ifs.

ucim wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:I think the statute of limitations has expired on a pun that's over 200 newpages old...

I'm not sure if I should be relieved, or troubled that you remember a pun for two hundred newpages!

You should be afraid. Be very afraid.
Oh, and for the puns in that post:
VITSSÅGEN, JA!

For papal decree: the Tree of Contemplation!
Spoiler:
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:02 pm UTC

ergman wrote:Yappo, if you've done this before, I swear...

I present to you: The OTT Halloween Counter-Brain-Slug Pumpkin Offensive Event!
This splendid hat can be applied to one's head to prevent the infection of the notorious brain slugs that have been plaguing the thread. Simply place it on your head, as in my avatar, and it will protect you for the duration of the holiday season.
Spoiler:
If you already possess a brain slug, fear not! It can be applied directly upon the grievance:
It can also be worn as a trendy fashion statement , as Waveney shows off here:
So don't delay another second! Get your own now!!
Redundant: [...]

Thanks for the hats protecting us from the hats. But... do we need hats protecting us from the hats protecting us from the hats? (and so on) I really don't want to end up looking like this:

Not that I would actually put on any of these.
Speaking of hats, is my space helmet a hat? (it already was there before)
If not, do I need a hat?
Does my helmet need a hat?
Does my bicycle need a hat?
Does the Moon need a hat?...
Does SPACE need a hat?

Redundant
Spoiler:
standard.PNG

hats.PNG
hats.PNG (35.67 KiB) Viewed 11429 times
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:05 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:Does SPACE need a hat?

Yes.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:39 pm UTC

*looks at sford's avatar*

Evidently, it does.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:46 pm UTC

Thanks for all the life advice, y'all. I think I was particularly overwhelmed the night I wrote that, but the advice has been helpful and I sat down yesterday and made a big excel spreadsheet with ALL THE THINGS on it. Part of the problem was that I was trying to keep everything in my head when it would have been easier to write some of it down. Maybe writing just for the sake of writing isn't so bad?

Also thanks for the feedback on the Newpix-O-Meter. I've got an idea for where to go with it now, and it should address pretty much everyone's suggestions to some degree. Stay tuned.

balthasar_s wrote:Speaking of hats, is my space helmet a hat? (it already was there before)
If not, do I need a hat?
Does my helmet need a hat?
Does my bicycle need a hat?
Does the Moon need a hat?...
Does SPACE need a hat?

Oh randall, you're right, I've been getting behind on hatting. No wonder this infestation has taken over so quickly! I'll need some time to develop an anti-slime coating solution, but once that process has been streamlined, protective headwear shall be forthcoming.

ucim

Postby ucim » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:01 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote: I really don't want to end up looking like this:
That is a relief, because that's totally the wrong way! If you are going to do this, you need to put on the pumpkin first. The green slime not at all... but if it somehow attaches to you, at least the pumpkin might protect you.... assuming of course that the pumpkin does in fact offer protection from green slime, and isn't a Trojan horse shaped like a pumpkin. Can't be too careful!

SBN wrote: If things are urgent, but not important, then handle them speedily, and get back to the important things.
... or just let them go. They're not important. At the end of the day, you'll need to let some stuff go because you won't get to it all. Let it be the unimportant stuff.

BlitzGirl wrote:Oh, and for the puns in that post:
There were no puns in that post! It was the green slime things! They are trying to control your mind! And your punsaw! (I shudder to think of what a green slime armed with a punsaw could do!)

eta:
ChronosDragon wrote:Part of the problem was that I was trying to keep everything in my head when it would have been easier to write some of it down. Maybe writing just for the sake of writing isn't so bad?
Yes, writing something down does something seemingly magical in terms of keeping track of things. I'm not sure what it is, but I think of it as freeing up the stack.

Jose
Last edited by ucim on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:04 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:04 pm UTC

Nice try, Jose. :wink: My buffyhat protects me from green slime hats.

ChronosDragon wrote: Maybe writing just for the sake of writing isn't so bad?

Of course not! :D (says the writer)

For decree:
Spoiler:
GRAPEVINE GRAPEVINE

Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:30 pm UTC

DONGEY...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

HES

Postby HES » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:45 pm UTC

Is that a water pump, rope, or a giant death laser?
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:59 pm UTC

HES wrote:Is that a water pump, rope, or a giant death laser?

Rope-and-pulley system would be my guess. But I like the death laser idea.

For decree:
The moving twigs in the raftcastle scene, the first hint of moving water.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:08 pm UTC

Awesomeful thwapstick-battle, Earthling on Mars!

For decree:
Spoiler:
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:31 pm UTC

Neat hand-drawn, and well-done manip, Earthling.

ucim wrote:
ergman wrote:Simply place it on your head, as in my avatar, and it will protect you for the duration of the holiday season.

FTFY. You forgot the redundancy. :shock:

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

ergman

Postby ergman » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:39 pm UTC

ucim wrote:
That is a relief, because that's totally the wrong way! If you are going to do this, you need to put on the pumpkin first. The green slime not at all... but if it somehow attaches to you, at least the pumpkin might protect you.... assuming of course that the pumpkin does in fact offer protection from green slime, and isn't a Trojan horse shaped like a pumpkin. Can't be too careful!

My patented pumpkins are most definitely not Trojan horses, but a less equine edition is a rather fitting analogy for their security.
and to Balthasar, why not wear all those hats?
More hats means more power!
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

Eternal Density

Hot Diggety!

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:39 pm UTC

I know I already OTTified http://xkcd.com/430/ but I couldn't help doing it again:

Spoiler:
timedream.png
I bet you want to see the full image.
epsilon.png
Is OTTifiying the OTC redundant?
epsilon.png (4.23 KiB) Viewed 11324 times
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:54 pm UTC

For decree: I'd have to agree with Earthling on Mars and go with the original neat tree!
Redundant:
Spoiler:
treeish.png
treeish.png (11.58 KiB) Viewed 11313 times

redundakitty40.jpg

It's epsilon that ED did a similar thing in the post above mine, well after I'd made this... great minds OTTify the OTC alike!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:55 pm UTC

So many redundakitties! That's awesomeful, ED :D
And treeish manip, yappo! In more ways than one!

ergman wrote:
<snip>and to Balthasar, why not wear all those hats?
More hats means more power!

Indeed, you're not even close to über-hattage levels yet.
(Appeared in Othercomic 1000, bottom of the second zero.)

Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:04 am UTC

For pope:
The First Shrub of Time. The Burning Bush. The Un-thwapped one. The Berry Bestower.
He/Him/His Image

Eternal Density

Here it is.

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:08 am UTC

ETA redundancy:
Spoiler:
Yes, that's an engraving of the engraver engraving another engraving.
timedreamflatfullsize.png
The badgers are busy locking away the boots
Last edited by Eternal Density on Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:26 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:09 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
Spoiler:

:D
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:10 am UTC

I love the little hotdog :mrgreen:

ETA: Molpy down...
Spoiler:

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:57 am UTC

I think there's something wrong with me.
Maybe it's lack of coma. I should go coma for the next hour or two. Maybe I feel better once we wake up.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:00 am UTC

*Looks at avatar*
I don't think you're supposed to go coma with a brain slug on your head, Aluisio. That will only make things worse. Here: Image
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:05 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:I think there's something wrong with me.
Maybe it's lack of coma. I should go coma for the next hour or two. Maybe I feel better once we wake up.

Be sure to put the brain slug green hat in the trash safely away before you coma.

Here's a special hat box for you.
Spoiler:
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Eternal Density

I haven't hotdogged yet todip. ETA now I have a riverish amo

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:01 am UTC

Whew, I got distracted watching videos of cellular molecular machinery and then noticed the Time and got my ninjaclick in with less than a quarter of a milliNewPix to spare!

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:30 am UTC

ONGALLED...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

Eternal Density

Seemed appropriate

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:56 am UTC

A Beanish Hauling Song:

We used to live our lives on land
Haul away, haul away!

But now we have a ship so grand
Haul, haul away!

The sea is rising like a flag
Haul away, haul away!

So grab your cat and pack your bag
Haul, haul away!

So haul away, haul away
We're sailing on the sea today
Haul away, yes haul away
It's not safe to stay

All the land it once was dry
Haul away, haul away!

But now for our homes we cry
Haul, haul away!

What were hills are now a bay
Haul away, haul away!

Not a dry place left to lay
Haul, haul away!

So haul away, haul away
Haul away, yes haul away
It's not safe to stay

Sailing's not the Beanish way
Haul away, haul away!

That was what we used to say
Haul, haul away!

Life on land will end today
Haul away, haul away!

But our lives aren't over, nay
Haul, haul away!

So haul away, haul away
Haul away, yes haul away
It's not safe to stay

ETA haul no longer looks like an actual word
ETA just noticed that half way through I suddenly decided everything had to rhyme with way. Heh. I guess I forgot it wasn't like that at the start. So now that I've realised that I should be able to come up with more verses. But I should hotdog first.

ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:04 am UTC

Otherriverish song, ED!
Wait on.

Spoiler:

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:32 am UTC

azule wrote:FTFY. You forgot the redundancy.
I posted it to the OTT. Redundancy is automatic.

Eternal Density wrote:
Spoiler:
Treeish! An ottification of my ottification of the OTG within my ottification of the OTT and the OTC. I would note that there is redundancy, but that would be redundant. So, is ED the HD holding a slingshot, or is it his y to my x?

Heave Ho! That's a mighty block and tackle. I didn't know the Beanies played football!

Treeish Beanish Hauling Song Eternal Density!

Jose

Eternal Density

Ham and Cheese

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:35 am UTC

ucim wrote:
azule wrote:FTFY. You forgot the redundancy.
I posted it to the OTT. Redundancy is automatic.

Eternal Density wrote:
Spoiler:
Treeish! An ottification of my ottification of the OTG within my ottification of the OTT and the OTC. I would note that there is redundancy, but that would be redundant. So, is ED the HD holding a slingshot, or is it his y to my x?

Heave Ho! That's a mighty block and tackle. I didn't know the Beanies played football!

Treeish Beanish Hauling Song Eternal Density!

Jose
The object held by HDED is actually meant to be a Wrench.

ETA lulz I just realised that JDip was limited more than I expected. So that's why waveny never had infinite castles destroyed...

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:08 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:The object held by HDED is actually meant to be a Wrench.
How'd you manage to score a wench? Well, I guess after all that hard work you deserve some entertainment! Besides, you'll need somebody to dance with at the party.

Jose

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:11 am UTC

Introducing...the One...the Only...

Newpix-O-Meter v5.0

This newfangled device not only tells you the current Longpix (center), but also the current Wavepix (left) and Shortpix (right). Additionally, the readout in the bottom right tells you the current Newpix Number (assuming the comic had continued to this point - basically, what the forum timestamp shows with scripts on).

If you have additional feature requests, I may implement them soon. I liked the idea of showing near-postmark OTters, but that would require Aluisio to update his script to keep track of the numbers on a web server (or manually crawl for them), which I could then get in an easily parsed format to stick into the image. So, it'd require a bit of setup. Any other feature requests will be considered, however.
Last edited by ChronosDragon on Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:14 am UTC, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”