1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

ChronosDragon

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ChronosDragon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:18 am UTC

Working on a new drawing project (sorry Aluisio, my inspiration draws me to new horizons! I'll finish your commission at some point...), and this foot didn't make the cut, so I had to boot it. I'd give an arm and a leg if I had a chance to use it, but it's become my Achilles' Heel, makes the whole leg look crooked. I feel like I should be able to make more leg puns lasagna but I can't think of any...

ETA: Well, that's an awkward pagepope. Err, decree, I guess, make some surreptitious puns lasagna?

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:21 am UTC

Not redundant:
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:23 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:Working on a new drawing project (sorry Aluisio, my inspiration draws me to new horizons! I'll finish your commission at some point...), and this foot didn't make the cut, so I had to boot it. I'd give an arm and a leg if I had a chance to use it, but it's become my Achilles' Heel, makes the whole leg look crooked. I feel like I should be able to make more leg puns lasagna but I can't think of any...
Spoiler:
ETA: Well, that's an awkward pagepope. Err, decree, I guess, make some surreptitious puns lasagna?

AAAH!
Spoiler:
Other than the puns, that is an attractive dragon(?) foot.
And blech, I may like lasagna less than I like puns, so I don't think that helps... :wink: Though surreptitious lasagna sounds intriguing.

ucim wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
ucim wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Also, yay yappo for figuring out BAT. :mrgreen:
Isn't it always Beanie Album Action Time?

FTFY. And yes! :D
But what better action is there than a Beanie Album? Except perhaps Time II

Beanie action within Time II. :wink:
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ucim

Postby ucim » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:20 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Beanie action within Time II. :wink:
You are an incorrigible shipper! At least they gave you a ship! :)

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:28 am UTC

ucim wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Beanie action within Time II. :wink:
You are an incorrigible shipper! At least they gave you a ship! :)

I choose to see this as an unironic statement of fact, and not wordplay that may be construed as punning, but that just might be because I used up my donut supply for this newpage all at once. Should you care to pun sometime in the next thirty-five posts, please help yourself from that pile. :wink:

Also, an awesomeful beanONG:

So many molpish things in this wavepix! Expando, Rosetta, Lucky, Amtoo and Beanette, the Beanie babies, the unfurling of the sail, and even riverish trees!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

well.

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:38 am UTC

The hotdog was getting little bit boring so

Code: Select all

## 2.894
- Some Glass multiplier boosts, mostly for sand tools

Molpish wavepixbeanongthing!

ETA um so the version number was still on 2.891.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:59 am UTC

The viraptors that I thought were flu viraptors seem to be only common cold viraptors that pretended they were flu viraptors.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:59 am UTC

Sneaky viraptors. At least common cold ones are better.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:32 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Sneaky viraptors. At least common cold ones are better.

They didn't win the epic battle with over the thermostat, so a simple thermometer allowed me to see through their lies and deceit. After a good nip of coma I already felt better. Not better as in "Yaay, let start doing usefull stuff" but better.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

he/him/his

waveney

Postby waveney » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:32 am UTC

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:39 am UTC

waveney wrote:Othercomic up

Paint.net and Gimp users also come out looking smart.

ETA: I seem to have forgotten I was running from a dragon. I'd better continue running before he gets me. *runs on*

he/him/his

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:06 am UTC

Yay, the wipend is over! Time to summon the wayward OTTers back from the Outside! Image

Neil_Boekend wrote:

I guess this is the point where I feel glad that I have the old-fashioned version of Photoshop that didn't require me to make an Adobe account to use.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:17 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Yay, the wipend is over! Time to summon the wayward OTTers back from the Outside! Image

Neil_Boekend wrote:

I guess this is the point where I feel glad that I have the old-fashioned version of Photoshop that didn't require me to make an Adobe account to use.

If I did have a newer photoshop that password would not be an important one. Photoshop would probably be lumped in with the "limited privacy risk, no money involved" password group. It's the second lowest I have and it is vulnerable to dictionary attacks, password reuse and stuff like that. I just simply do not care for safety on those accounts but it needs to be rememberable. My higher level password is better: "hunter2".

he/him/his

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:25 am UTC

It would be treeish if the newpix hashes had crossword clues associated with them.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Heh

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:37 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:

Seconded.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:39 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:It would be treeish if the newpix hashes had crossword clues associated with them.

[random musing]Hmm, a crossword where the words are depicted by the hash of the newpix where the object is present. For example: if the word is "wowterfall" the key could be "007b464b060b5f5f66125163064411a76610f7c8f1b6f0aa5bfc39960da213f1". Dunno, might be a bit difficult, albeit awesomefull (and insiderish). Especially difficult if the puzzle is given in a picture format, without the key's as copy-pastable text.[/random musing]

Eternal Density wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:

Seconded milinewpixed.

FTFY

he/him/his

mrob27

A Time-Capsule in Sundry Bits

Postby mrob27 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:59 am UTC

A Time-Capsule in Sundry Bits
Capsule Deposited NP 675
Do not open until NP 1588

This installment might feel a bit unraveled, my memory seems riverish...

》 〉 » un-OTTifications « 〈 《

I un-OTTified xkcd 1285, but I think I'll stop doing these since it's really not that related to the OTC. I don't even think these would make sense in mxsw or anywhere else in these fora... Anyway, here they are, just for you, my beloved fellowOTTers in the afterwhen, and Spoiler:'d for un-ʀᴇʟᴀᴛᴇᴅness:
Spoiler:
I saw only yappobiscuits' version, it was pretty clear that only the third sign had been OTTified. Less clear is how the OTA might have been thinking (is it heresy to second-guess the GLR?). My first guess was to expose the obvious hypocrisy:

... but then I saw that the title of @yappobiscuits' image, "third_way ottified.png", making it clear Randall did something more like this:

Anyway, both were "wrong" but I kind of think mine are funnier.
     Like I said above, I'm going to stop doing these: they're fun to make, and I like the mental challenge, but my occasional feeling that they're arguably better that the original is Heretical in more ways then you can throw S&M's at. Perhaps more to the point, they're taking time away from Blitzgirling, and viewing your creations is sort of going against my pledgep.

And now for some, uh...
》 〉 » P.R. Damage Control Correspondence « 〈 《

Neil_Boekend wrote:awesomefull work. It is way beyond what I expected when I started with the brainslugs. A layer beneath a layer!

Ahhh, but did you notice the JavaScript?

Eternal Density wrote:Did you notice the Javascript controlling mrob27?
>mrob[27].knowledge
"riverish"
>mrob[27].controller
Object {Category:'HotdogVendor', Name:'Redacted', Title:'Hot Diggety!', Goals:Array[77]...}

Blissful ignorance, plausible deniability, and a pefect back-story for any m*stard that might arise in (or from) my future writings. Image Thanks @Eternal Density! :twisted:
    It would be nice to give this entity a name distinct from Redacted and Hot Diggety! (which have been used a lot for other things) so I'll call she/it/him/them Conspirobot (or 'Spirobot as needed to fit the meter).

Earthling on Mars wrote:No need to worry about me: those brainslugs are trying to get to me, but note the perspective: this picture was taken from thousands of miles away from Mars, while the brainslugs are right in front of the camera. ...

Don't be so sure... we know they can be smaller than cells, and there were enormous space-slugs in that Star Trek TNG episode...gc
But wait, YOU are taking over the brainslugs taking over the OTTers taking over the thread?! :shock: He seemed like such a nice guy.

Not just me, but zillions of mrob27s. I did some quick calculations, and got about 7 Umptys, or 7x1027. Commander! Come quick!
     I honestly don't know where so many mrob27s could have come from. I accounted for the copies of myself that I made back during the wonky TARDIS incident. I'd been assuming they time-travelled back from some point later in "my timeline"t.
     But now that we know about Conspirobot, I think the explanation is a lot simpler -- a runaway JavaScript function or infinite loop spawned all those mrob27s. I wonder if perhaps there are more mrob27s than intended. We'll need some kind of Judgement Dip or Bag Burning to take care of them... or change the Molpify function's [MESSAGE REDACTED].

ucim wrote:So... Futurama. Hmmmm. Future. Time travel. Tardis. It's coming together now.

Image I couldn't possibly know what you're talking about :?

lmjb1964 wrote:I enjoyed mrob's latest posts until I found out that he is controlling the brain slugs. And I thought he was on our side. Or is he? Is there some deeper plot we're not aware of?

I, for one, welcome our new amoebae's new brainslugs' new mrob27s' new JavaScript's new HotdogVendor's new overlord(s).
     Did I say overlords? The amoebae meant me to say I meant protectors.
     Did the amoebae say protectors? The brainslugs meant them to say destructors.
     Did the brainslugs say destructors? The mrob27s meant them to say fuzzymolpies.
     Did the mrob27s say fuzzymolpies? The JavaScript Conspirobot meant to print "raptorcats".
     Did the JavaScript print "raptorcats"? @Eternal Density just nerfed it to print "kitties".
     (and so on...)

And, from @balthasar_s and @StormAngel:
balthasar_s wrote:But who controls the mrobs? [...]
? ENHANCE!

What? No ! footnote? ... oh wait, here it is, in smalltextf.
StormAngel wrote:!In my pants

Hey, that rhymes! Okay, I'll finish the haiku for you:

A vast sluggish plot --
     But who controls the mrobs?
     ENHANCE! . . . In my pants!

("mrob" is normally two syllables "em-rob")
    So, good question... who controls the mrobs? Who guards the guards? And most crucially, Who steers the steers? (moo!)nv

》 〉 » E**DER'S HOTDOG « 〈 《

I'd love to OTTify E**DER'S HOTDOG, but @ChronosDragon beat us all to it way back on NP1567. (Yay! I'm in a comic! Okay, that's cool.)
     But that's okay, there's always room for more, and I was thinking more like ...

(we pick up our story somewhere in the middle, because mrob27 was lazy and really needs to be doing more Blitzing and less OTTifying...)
scene
Graff wrote:You're going to be the commander of a new army, the Dragon army. ...
Why Dragons? Because dragons are ch*rping baobabish, that's why. And they're really good at killing bugs slugs. Plus, we have these uniforms to use up...

scene
Bean wrote:Shouldn't the Blitzers' bunks be in the back, and old-Timer OTTers near the door?

Ender/Andrew wrote:That's what the Outsider teams do. We're not going to be like them -- Are we?!?

scene
Dragons wrote:AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Image Image
Image Image
Slugs wrote:AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

scene
Ender/Andrew wrote: HOTDOG OVER ! !
We won the hotdog!!!
... (waits) ... (turns to look at screen) ...
Sir . . . why are we still getting these newpix?

Graff wrote:Because this wasn't a Hotdog. This was the real thing. You fought to save the One True Comic from T** E**. And you won!!!

I think you'll agree, it's a good ending. Anyone want to fill in more of the story?

*Penis.

》〉» Excerpt From the Time-Travel Journal of Timborme «〈《

Back on NP450 or so we were hoping we would get to NP500 when the Present was at NP1500. Nopixbot's projections made it more and more clear that wouldn't happen (our Blitzspeed got a little less blitzy, and the Future was accelerating). And it didn't really matter, we weren't going to see the cake you were having for 1500 and things weren't that sophisticated back in NP500S.

But by lucky Image demonic :twisted: Image :evil: freak coincidence or maybe our slower blitzing due to mrob27's un-OTTifications and brainslugs s̷a̷f̷e̷t̷y̷ ̷h̷a̷t̷s̷ Conspirobot mind control trancelike relaxation, we arrived at Newpage 666 at sundown in mrob's local heretical Outsider timezoneR on Hallowe'en! You conveniently altered your avatars with scary green slimy things, Jack-o'-lanterns, blood-stained maws (@ChronosDragon), etc. almost as if you knew we were coming up upon the Newpage of the Beast. Mrob spent the better part of the evening listening to @yappobiscuits' ultra-cheezy power metal collection, which he actually seemed to like quite a bit.
     In commemoration of all this awefulsome molpishness, we changed our sig for a while, and include it here for those Blitzers of the future:

Robert Munafo - http://mrob.com - @mrob_27
Image ᴍᴇᴛᴀʟ ɪɴᴛᴇʀʟᴜᴅᴇ﹗ Image

Yᴇꜱ, I'ᴍ ᴍᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴᴇᴅ ɪɴ хᴋᴄᴅ ʙᴜᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ᴀɴᴅ I ʜᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴜɴɪᴄᴀᴛᴇᴅ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛʟʏ;
ʙᴜᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʜɪᴍ, I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ᴘᴀꜱꜱɪᴏɴ ꜰᴏʀ ꜱᴇʟꜰ-ᴘᴜʙʟɪꜱʜᴇᴅ ᴡᴏʀᴋ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴏɴʟʏ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴꜱ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇɴᴇꜰɪᴛ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀꜱ

(BTW, it would be nice if everyone could save their avatars so they can eventually be put in the wiki. We got most of those created by OTTers who were posting during the mid-600's, but surely missed a few. For example, we got five of the recent variations by @AluisioASG. See this post and the spoiler at the end of this message.)

The Double-Dactyls have began to fade away, and some morphed into limericks.

@azule gave this lovely three-part backstory of @NewPixBot, which our own Nopixbot enjoyed immensely.

@ucim estimates that the OTT so far has over 2,000,000 words (though Nopixbot's own stats, which do not count the headers, signatures, "Joined:", "Location:", etc. give barely 1 million words up to NP667) in any event we're clearly past the KJV and probably Shakespeare, if not Harry Potter.

"S&M" has a new meaning, and the OTC has a triple freezepix... and then came the Third (?) Apuncalypse.

... but fortunately the OTT was soon redeemed by @Rule110:
Rule110 wrote:Bye, bye, to our sandcastles high
Gonna travel to unravel why the water's awry
The sea is rising but our river is dry
And it's time we go to figure out why!

I guess that's about it for now... still feeling a bit -- forgetful. What was I trying to take over again? Where did I put that [REDACTED]

-mrob27 and Timborme

footnotes (though disordered, are at least alphabetized)

c The cake being, of course, a lie.

f If you leave out a footnote I reserve the right to search the entire OTT for any matching footnote, or define my own, at conspirobot's choosing.

gc Galaxy's Child, the STNG episode (which you might be able to watch here depending on what country you're in) is the 4th season episode in which the Enterprise was "attacked" by a giant leechlike space-slug, and LaForge had to alter the engine's energy output to "sour the milk" and get it to detach voluntarily.

nOooh, I feel dirty. Please help guys.
Ahhh, that's better. Molpies all around!

nv Nouns that are also verbs are kinda cool, I think... Who cooks the cooks? (Yum!)   Who coaches the coaches? (arrrgh.)   Who ducks the ducks?   Who causes the causes?   Who guides the guides?   Who judges the judges?   Who nurses the nurses?   Who spies the spies?   Who watches the watchers?

p "... to partake fully of the One True Thread, experience Time in its own time, and, as nearly as is still possible, Wait For It."

R It may be heretical outsider time, but it happens to be the OTA's timezone too, so I suppose it's the least heretical of timezones.

S For the record, there was no cakec, and a seizure-inducing GIF was offered as celebration. I won't link to it, but the GIF was roundly criticized, Adblock-plussed, and even banned in an early example of the Forum agreeing on a rule!n

t Think of that scene in Life, the Universe and Everything where Arthur meets Agrajag and learns that he killed someone "on Stavromula Beta", and since he's never been to Stavromula Beta, he concludes that must happen to him later in his travels through Time.

End Transmission

Here, There Be (Avatars of) Dragons (and otherOTTers)
Spoiler:
(Some avatars related to this and my previous post at OTT:1581:26#p3488572, which also has some avatars) :
AluisioASG 20130616 before.jpg
Avatar of AluisioASG, 2013-06-16
AluisioASG 20130616 before.jpg (3.77 KiB) Viewed 12722 times

AluisioASG 20130617 hat.png
avatar of AluisioASG, 2013-06-17 (hat by ChronosDragon)
AluisioASG 20130617 hat.png (33.25 KiB) Viewed 13274 times

AluisioASG 20131028.png
Avatar of AluisioASG, 2013-10-28
AluisioASG 20131028.png (38.57 KiB) Viewed 12722 times

AluisioASG 20131029-b.png
Avatar of AluisioASG, 2013-10-29 (b)
AluisioASG 20131029-b.png (43.9 KiB) Viewed 13274 times

AluisioASG 20131031.png
Avatar of AluisioASG, 2013-10-31
AluisioASG 20131031.png (31.98 KiB) Viewed 13274 times

AluisioASG 20131101.gif
Avatar of AluisioASG, 2013-11-01
AluisioASG 20131101.gif (22.36 KiB) Viewed 13274 times

AluisioASG 20131104.png
Avatar of AluisioASG, 2013-11-04
AluisioASG 20131104.png (22.14 KiB) Viewed 12722 times

balthasar_s 20131102.gif
Avatar of balthasar_s, 2013-11-02
balthasar_s 20131102.gif (23.81 KiB) Viewed 13274 times

ChronosDragon 20131031.png
Avatar of ChronosDragon, 2013-10-31
ChronosDragon 20131031.png (31.59 KiB) Viewed 13274 times

ChronosDragon 20131101 goggles.png
Avatar of ChronosDragon, 2013-11-01
ChronosDragon 20131101 goggles.png (32.86 KiB) Viewed 13274 times

Dracomax 20130424 hat.jpg
Avatar of Dracomax 2013-04-24 (hat by buffygirl)
Dracomax 20130424 hat.jpg (3.27 KiB) Viewed 13274 times

k.bookbinder 20131031.jpg
Avatar of k.bookbinder, 2013-10-31
k.bookbinder 20131031.jpg (9.35 KiB) Viewed 13274 times

E--ers Hotdog 2x.png
* Penis. heh-heh.

ni-ni-ni-chup-ppb.png
As close to a consensus as we'll ever get.

zombie_chronos_eatbrainslug.gif
BRAAAAAINSLUUUUUUGS!!!
zombie_chronos_eatbrainslug.gif (78.69 KiB) Viewed 13274 times

unott-1285-try1.png
Glass houses and all that...

unott-1285-try2.png
The 1970's called, they want their double-space argument back, and their electric typewriters too.

20131031-mrob27-at-NP666.jpg
All Hallow's Eve version of my *blixtnedslag framsteg bild*
20131031-mrob27-at-NP666.jpg (4.8 KiB) Viewed 13274 times

19x19-devil.gif
from a post by mscha, NP666
19x19-devil.gif (1.61 KiB) Viewed 13274 times

cute-hampster-300x239.jpg
no-one here but us fuzzymolpies.
cute-hampster-300x239.jpg (19.29 KiB) Viewed 13274 times

I need to remember to put the umbrella back in the car (no-one else reads this far, right? :wink: )

Edit: Fix link to 1st part of azule NewPixBot story
Edit2: Correct the Agrajag story, add a few more avatars
Last edited by mrob27 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:13 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:22 am UTC

But who will buffalo the buffalo? (Buffalo buffalo, of course.)

You should teach your umbrella to open redundant spoilers, mrob. And then teach it to put itself away. :wink:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:30 am UTC

LONGITUDINALLY...

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

waveney

Postby waveney » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:41 am UTC

It needed to be Ottified:
Spoiler:
1286 modified.png

HES

Re: Tasty

Postby HES » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:46 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:ETA, someone get the PUNKSAW! http://joegp.com/a-hot-new-look/

I'll call out HES for this one, since it's hamply punning: Image

This was an extra grumpy sawing as you dragged me out of coma for it...

I got an email today telling me, an hour after it was timetabled to start, that my lecture isn't until this afternoon. This has completely justified my accidental lie-in...
He/Him/His Image

Eternal Density

oops

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:10 am UTC

Treeish ottification waveney!

Anyhows, I ch*rped up a few unlocks, but I also added a boost and fixed an issue with the export button:

## 2.894
- Fixed SGL unlock
- And some other unlocks
- New Glass Block related boost
- Fixed Export toggle

BTW:
VGhhdCUyN3MlMjUyMG5vdCUyNTIwbWlzdXNpbmclMjUyMEJlYW5pc2guJTI1MjBUaGlzJTI1MjBpcyUyNTIwbWlzdXNpbmclMjUyMEJlYW5pc2glMjE=

waveney

Re: oops

Postby waveney » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:24 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Treeish ottification waveney!

Anyhows, I ch*rped up a few unlocks, but I also added a boost and fixed an issue with the export button:

## 2.894
- Fixed SGL unlock
- And some other unlocks
- New Glass Block related boost
- Fixed Export toggle

BTW:
VGhhdCUyN3MlMjUyMG5vdCUyNTIwbWlzdXNpbmclMjUyMEJlYW5pc2guJTI1MjBUaGlzJTI1MjBpcyUyNTIwbWlzdXNpbmclMjUyMEJlYW5pc2glMjE=

Umm - last version was also 2.984...

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:56 am UTC

Looks like it's just the Amtoo/Beanette family going on the boat! Image

HES wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:ETA, someone get the PUNKSAW! http://joegp.com/a-hot-new-look/

I'll call out HES for this one, since it's hamply punning: Image

This was an extra grumpy sawing as you dragged me out of coma for it...

Whoops! My apologies, I know how important coma is!
Here, have a happy hamply gif: Image
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Will fix in mornip

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:18 pm UTC

Hilariously, even as I forgot to increment the version in the changelog, I did remember to do it in-hotdog for a change.

I should also replace the Infinite cost of tools in castles with the glass cost.

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Incoming message

Postby AluisioASG » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:36 pm UTC

To: dm@adm, vo@adm
Subject: Report incident rs

Report on investigation of rs' death follows. Sorry for trying to sharpen my story-writing skills on this, but I know you both are more forgiving w.r.t. to this kind of thing and how boring Administration's work is during this season, so I decided to write something to distract you for a little while. Hope it's a good read.

Spoiler:
Almost there. Shouldn't take long now. “Do we know what happened already?” I ask over the radio. While waiting for the answer, I gaze the surface: a lush land, full of the most varied ecosystems coexisting peacefully. I wonder if that could be a hint of our real interests in that island.

I feel as if seconds had passed before the response finally comes. “We've done a quick in loco analysis. It seems that he was infected by some kind of parasitic agent which attached itself to his brain.”

Hm, interesting. His immune system should have caught that. “And was this the cause of death?”

“I don't think so. It seems to me that his skull was cracked open in mid-air and the parasite removed, either killing or disabling him.”

I start to wonder if this wouldn't be a case of espionage. Finding someone with access to our systems, taking advantage of this and then removing the compromising evidence.

“For how long did the parasite stay in his system?” The answer seems to take an eternity to reach me.

“It's hard to determine that here, but I'd guess two or three days.” Two days. That's a lot of time. I need to find out what he had access to asap. But in the meantime, I'll have to find supporting evidence.

By the time she finishes speaking, I've already touched the ground. I'm already practically breathing on her neck, you could say.

“Time for a more thorough investigation, then.” My voice, suddenly closer and louder, makes her jump, but I pretend to ignore it and move on to the corpse. With a touch and a few seconds of patience I get to see every detail of the body; for a second, I become him.

His last thoughts are a mess, and all I can recover are fragments that make no sense whatsoever; I don't think I'll be able to gather anything meaningful by myself, so I proceed to check his physical condition. Most of the internal damage seem to stem from an uncontrolled fall, which means he was already incapacitated before reaching the ground. Which takes me to his head.

I take a closer look at the head wound: the skin seems to have been ruptured by claws, and markings on the skull further corroborate this possibility. I glance at my own claws; it doesn't take me more than a handful of iterations to imagine a matching shape, but it's useless here because I don't recognize it. I look back at the wound and notice parts of the parasite lying around; I don't think it wanted to leave, nor that it made it.

“Anything?” the young human asks. I relay my findings to her, and conclude: “Whatever happened here, I don't think it merits the attention of the Administration… yet. Take the body to the lab, ask I.T. to check all the systems' logs, and go home. I'll stay and cover for him at the short term.”
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:03 pm UTC

mscha wrote:LONGITUDINALLY...
Spoiler:

-- posted by newpixbot

So newpixbot thinks they're sailing southbound?

[OT] To our English native speaking OTTers:
Spoiler:
I plan to collaborate with two professors (let's say Prof. A and Prof. B), and I will need to visit Prof. B. Today, I got this email from Prof. A:
Prof. A wrote:Hi ZoomanSP,
I'd lease with Prof. B concerning when would be good to arrive and for how long.
Best,
Prof. A

What does "lease" mean here? Does Prof. A want me to negotiate directly with Prof. B the date for a visit, or will Prof. A talk to Prof. B and inform me after they agreed on a date?
[/OT]
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:08 pm UTC

ucim wrote:Dracomax! Oh, how we missed you! How's Fluffy?

I haven't seen Fluffy in a WHile. FLuffy got drunk, started demanding that Fluffy not be addressed by pronouns, and then assaulted a Cop. I decided it was best not to stick around.
ChronosDragon wrote:*Blinks groggily*

Ugh...what happened last night?

*goes back through pastposts*

Well, it would appear I have a rare reaction to brainslug takeover: I turn zombie and eat them! Or maybe I'm a were-zombie, who only comes out when the moon is a waning crescent. Either way, good to know I'm immune!

Dracomax wrote:Holy Crap! You're all still here!

That's treeish, that is.

Dracomax! Just in time! We need all the dragon firepower* we can get to fight this brainslug menace!

*Pun totally not intended

Eh. just leave them alone and feed the hosts American Processed Food. Eventually, the salt in the Hosts bloodstream will kill them off.
ergman wrote:Is dracomax still here? Did I miss him? It's always nice when someone comes up out of the basement for some fresh air.

Who was in the basement? I went out for a drink, and then had a short(fro dragons) mini-coma. I may also have had a cameo in a couple of sitcoms, but that could have been a hallucination. I also learned how to use abuse the em dash on a regular qwerty keyboard.

and on Daylight savings time. I always forget if it is fall back and spring forward, or Spring back, and fall forward. Both sets make perfectly acceptable—Fall forward and fall back are both valid military directions. So is fall in, but that wouldn't really help with clocks—phrases, only one is correct in regards to clock changing.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:26 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:[…] and then had a short(fro dragons) mini-coma […]

a.k.a. “Helper's coma
(warning: flashy GIF around)
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:30 pm UTC

LONGCODS...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:38 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:[OT] To our English native speaking OTTers:
Spoiler:
I plan to collaborate with two professors (let's say Prof. A and Prof. B), and I will need to visit Prof. B. Today, I got this email from Prof. A:
I'd lease with Prof. B concerning when would be good to arrive and for how long.
Best,
Prof. A

What does "lease" mean here? Does Prof. A want me to negotiate directly with Prof. B the date for a visit, or will Prof. A talk to Prof. B and inform me after they agreed on a date?
[/OT]

I'd say (s)he wants to lease Prof. B. Maybe that means Prof A thinks Prof B is a gigolo/hooker and wishes you three to chirp. But that is not likely.
I'm not a native English speaker, but I assume this is some kind of typo. I'd ask for clarification (assuming your goal is for this project to proceed. If the opposite is the case: assume (s)he is going to schedule it).

he/him/his

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:42 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:[OT] To our English native speaking OTTers:
Spoiler:
Best,
Prof. A

[/OT]

I'd say (s)he wants to lease Prof. B. Maybe that means Prof A thinks Prof B is a gigolo/hooker and wishes you three to chirp. But that is not likely.
I'm not a native English speaker, but I assume this is some kind of typo. I'd ask for clarification (assuming your goal is for this project to proceed. If the opposite is the case: assume (s)he is going to schedule it).

They might have meant liaise and had it auto-corrected.

That being said, I think they meant you should communicate with Prof B. Otherwise, Prof A would have said I'll liaise....
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:48 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:
[OT] To our English native speaking OTTers:
Spoiler:
Best,
Prof. A

[/OT]

My guess is Prof A meant liase https://www.google.com/#q=liaise+definition&safe=active. So yes, you negotiate with Prof. B. It's more business-speak than English.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:56 pm UTC

Thanks for all the helpful :wink: comments, xuys! I thought that it might probably be a typo, but I couldn't think of what Prof. A really wanted to write.
Cake for all y'all!
Spoiler:
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

ucim

Postby ucim » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:39 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote: Should you care to pun sometime in the next thirty-five posts, please help yourself from that pile. :wink:
Hmmmm... If I ate one from the pile anyway, am I now obligated to pun?

mscha wrote:
Spoiler:
Why do I hear the theme of Star Trek in the background?

Good one waveny!

quoting Prof. A, ZoomanSP wrote:I'd lease with Prof. B concerning when would be good to arrive and for how long.
I suspect a typo; the word "liaise" would fit (act as a communications conduit, establish a liaison) (Ninja'd, I see, but at least it's another vote)

And I see Aluisiso is back, with a report! I'm glad to see he survived the Invasion Of The Green Slimey Slugs, and commend his heroism.

I'm eyeing that tardis with suspicion though.

mrob27 wrote:
Graff wrote:Because this wasn't a Hotdog. This was the real thing. You fought to save the One True Comic from T** E**. And you won!!!

*Penis.
TPenisPenis EPenisPenis?

And what is an EPenis? (Maybe I don't want to know!)

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:12 pm UTC

Just dug this out of a box... kind of falling to pieces now. I think I will have to throw it away :(

(Full Size)

(Full Size)

Just over 4 dix left to bid on the obelisk slide
For any wondering it's painted on 6 inch x 4 inch (about 15 cm x 10 cm) card-stock and I will pay for shipping.

Also #newslide
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:30 pm UTC

SEIZONGS...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

HES

Postby HES » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:17 pm UTC

ucim wrote:Why do I hear the theme of Star Trek in the background?

:shock: The horrifying and embarrassing moment when you can't remember how the Star Trek theme goes... *runs to youtube*

How the chirp could I have forgotten that?
He/Him/His Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:23 pm UTC

I always have difficulty with Star Trek themes because if I can remember the original series' theme then I can't remember the Next Generation theme, and vice versa :P

ETA: He says, while perfectly recalling both themes in his head... alright MOST of the time it's like that...
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

HES

Postby HES » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:35 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:I always have difficulty with Star Trek themes because if I can remember the original series' theme then I can't remember the Next Generation theme, and vice versa :P

I've been watching too much (all of) Stargate SG1 lately so that theme was all I could think of. I also confuse the Stargate theme with 633 Squadron, but comparing them just now I can't for the life of me think why.
He/Him/His Image

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”