1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:17 pm UTC

I may or may not be taking advantage of the boss leaving early to do a little ketchup...

Kieryn wrote:Just dug this out of a box... kind of falling to pieces now. I think I will have to throw it away :(

Sad. :(

MistyCat, I know you won't see this for a while, but I loved your most recent post! And it was treeish to read again that awesomeful post from Earthling on Mars.

Happy half centennial post, Balthasar!

AluisioASG wrote:On topic with the avatar timelines, here are almost all of them for this account:
Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

This was cool, Aluisio! I'd forgotten about your earlier dragon with its Buffyhat. And I'm sure I didn't quite understand your story, though I enjoyed it anyway. But I re-read it and didn't see any mention of an otter-shaped island. Or is there another story I missed?

HES wrote:I just stumbled across a horrifically pun filled comments section. I need to lie down.

*shudders*

Comasågen, Ja!

(Not linked for safety reasons)

I really want to see that comments section.

StormAngel, I loved your Otthercomic! By the way, every time those redundakitties come up in your sig, I have this reflex to try and click it.

Thanks for the Halloween limerick, ergman. Good to see you back to your normal self. (Well, as normal as any of us are!)

Really enjoyed see the dolphy in the Beanongs. Reminds me that I need to drive home by way of the beach. There's a huge anchovy population, and there are apparently humpback whales feeding right off the coast.

And is that a volcano I see? In the Beanong, I mean, not off the coast here.

ZoomanSP wrote:It's epsilon that sometimes using the words "t** **d" and "Time" in the same sentence isn't endish.

:)

SBN wrote:In other news, I've now aligned 9 of the web footed raptors needed for my move. Unfortunately, the 9th one actually added two more to the list, so I'm at 9 of approximately 4382 currently.

Took me a millinewpix to figure out what web-footed raptors you were talking about. I think I'll talk about needing to align my web-footed raptors just to see what kind of looks people give me. Probably not much different than the looks people give me now, actually. :?

StormAngel wrote:Warning: Contains puns.
"No really. It does! They just keep coming, They're Everywhere, EVERYWHERE‼‼"
Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Punsaw Blitzsagen.gif

This was hilarious.

Neil_Boekend wrote:I saw that people are posting their old avatars (pastavatars? pastvatars? pavatars?). I seem to recall this was due to a request from someone.
I decided to start a WIKI page for it: Avatars

If you feel it's redundant in light of the list for the Buffydashery then I may have to agree.

I don't think it's redundant (not that redundancy is bad) since not everyone has a buffyhat, and some otters have different avatars with their buffyhat.

ZoomanSP wrote:For lmjb:
Spoiler:

heehee, I was skimming through to see if I posted a comment I meant to post, and saw this. Mission accomplished, happy turtle! :D

But apparently I didn't say what I meant to say, which is how much I enjoy all the details and jokes and just silliness in ED's hotdog. Yesterdip I got a boost with the description, "It makes time travel possibler!" and I was giggling all afternip.

OK, I have to stop ketchupping for a while and do some work getting ready for my rehearsal tonip. I haven't practiced enough and I''m a little nervous about it. I have this lingering fear that during the rehearsal someone will say, "Hey, you're not a real percussionist! Get out of here!" Hasn't happened yet fortunately. And at this i haven't been having those dreams where I show up at rehearsal without my music, or the wrong music, or an hour late, or without my instruments...you get the picture.

Stay awesomeful, my friends!

Preview edit: Ch*rp, this post is really long. Y'all will let me know if my posts are too seaish, right? I'd hate to have otters see my posts and think, "There goes lmjb, blathering on again."

Hm, I seem to be a little insecure todip, don't I?

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

Eternal Density

Western

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:42 pm UTC

Funny thing, yesterdip I read (in the Monty Hall OtherComic thread) that the origin of the word Paradox was as the opposite of Orthodox. Which makes sense, but I'd never realised that before.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:46 pm UTC

Of course. :) Hence the Western Paradox Church from the early OTT.

lmjb1964 wrote:Preview edit: Ch*rp, this post is really long. Y'all will let me know if my posts are too seaish, right? I'd hate to have otters see my posts and think, "There goes lmjb, blathering on again."

Silly molpy. I like blathery seaish posts! :wink: (And I've written quite a few myself!)

Speaking of...ch*rp. I don't have anything planned, once again. Been too busy getting ready for my birthdip Outside, didn't think about OTT kilocuestones, too.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:51 pm UTC

Facebook tells me your birthdip's coming up too, would be treeish if they coincided :P (Though with only 8 posts left you'd have to draw it out a bit...)

Edit: Oh, and after your sneaky edit, now your post says your birthdip's coming up too :P
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

Eternal Density

Re: 8 (baobabs, already???)

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:56 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Of course. :) Hence the Western Paradox Church from the early OTT.
Yes that's why it's related enough to mention. (actually lmjb's sig reminded me to mention it)
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:57 pm UTC

Moon and Venus - tomorrow is the line up of Venus with Sagittarius that I first predicted before we knew about the 11000 year thing. Anyone in an equatorial latitude able to get some good snaps?

(Taken from bus-stop earlier this evening)
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:08 am UTC

Earthling on Mars wrote:The Dark Lord

Chapter 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
Spoiler:
Gurrin, loyal Molpy of the Dark Lord, opened his eyes to see the Sea¹ in front of him, and beyond it the sky, black and filled with stars.

As he slowly came out of his comatose state, he became aware of the sound of soft crying somewhere nearby.

"So, you're awake," said a gruff voice to his left.

He turned his head that way, and immediately regretted doing so, as pain shot through his skull.

Another Molpy stood there, crouched low in the sand, staring hard at Gurrin.

"Just so you know," said the other Molpy, "I'd bite you in the throat right now if it were my choice, but LaPetite says we don't kill unless we have no other choice."

Gurrin tried to stand up and found that his back right leg would not move. Pain also filled his head again. He collapsed back onto the sand.

"You won't be getting away, though," said the other Molpy. "Turazal and I are making sure of that."

Gurrin grunted.

"Turazal, watch him while I go tell LaPetite he's awake," said the Molpy. He turned and marched away from Gurrin. Gurrin followed him with his eyes as he walked over to a small human figure kneeling in the sand. She was the one weeping, holding her beret in her hands and twisting it back and forth.

"She's crying over the grave of the Molpy killed in the battle," said a voice behind him -- Turazal. "Antlem, my comrade... killed by one of your comrades."

The other Molpy was speaking quietly to LaPetite. The girl didn't look up, but said softly, "Take him into the castle."

The Molpy began walking back to Gurrin. "Segla!" he called. "We need some help."

Another Molpy, a female, joined him and Turazal.

"LaPetite says to move him inside," said the Molpy. "We'll have to carry him. He can't walk."

The three Molpies lifted Gurrin up from the sand and carried him through the Sandcastle gate.

They laid him down in a corner.

"Makarga?" called LaPetite.

"Yes, milady?" the first Molpy called back.

"Figure out what's wrong with his leg."

Makarga moved to Gurrin's backside and lifted his body again.

"Well, that's easy," he said to the other Molpies. "It's broken." He raised his voice and called to LaPetite, "It's broken!"

"Fix it," she called back.

Makarga grunted. "If it were up to me I'd break the other three," he muttered. "Alright, you two help me set the bone."

The three Molpies were not very careful as they maneuvered Gurrin's leg bone back into place. He gave a yelp. The process was completed quickly, leaving Gurrin moaning in pain.

Segla went away and returned with a strip of cloth. She tied it tightly around Gurrin's leg.

"Okay, that's done," said Makarga. "Turazal and I will keep watching him."

Segla began walking away.

"Segla!" Makarga called after her. "See if you can get LaPetite to come inside and sleep. She needs it."

Segla nodded and left the castle.

The other two settled on either side of Gurrin to keep watch... as if there was any chance of him escaping.

"I'm worried about the rising Sea¹," said Makarga.

"Yeah, LaPetite can't keep building farther up forever," said Turazal.

"Hey, you," Makarga nudged Gurrin. "Your Dark Lord wouldn't have anything to do with the Sea¹ rising, would he?"

"I might have heard something about it," Gurrin muttered.

"I think LaPetite is planning something with that platform," said Makarga, pointing upward. Gurrin lifted his head -- it was getting less painful -- and saw that, though the Sandcastle had no roof, there was something blocking his view of the sky.

"What could she do, turn it into a raft?" said Turazal.

"Maybe," said Makarga.

"But would that be a good idea?" said Turazal. "It might just float out to Sea -- with her on it!"

"Yes," said Makarga. "We'll have to be there to keep that from happening."

They fell silent for a long while. Gurrin was starting to fall asleep when Turazal spoke again. "What do we do about... him?"

"Don't know," said Makarga. "Can't let him go back to his master -- we're outnumbered already. I'd kill him if LaPetite would let me."

"Hmm," said Turazal.

"It'll be a lot harder to guard him once his leg heals."

"Could we build a cage of some sort?"

"Maybe."

There was silence again.

"Really," said Makarga, "the best thing would be for LaPetite to go back to her people. The Sea is no place for a girl her age when the Dark Lord is stirring."

"Remember the tales of ancient times -- when a Halfling went alone into the land of the second Dark Lord to save the world back then?" said Turazal.

"He was just small, not a young child," said Makarga.

"Yeah."

The two fell silent again, and Gurrin drifted off to sleep.

¹ big

Treeish new chapter! And happy 300 posts!
Spoiler:
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:16 am UTC

Wingish shot, Kieryn!

yappobiscuits wrote:Facebook tells me your birthdip's coming up too, would be treeish if they coincided :P (Though with only 8 posts left you'd have to draw it out a bit...)

Edit: Oh, and after your sneaky edit, now your post says your birthdip's coming up too :P
Even my birthdip is redundant! Image
Yeah, pretty sure I'll hit the 4000 posts first, especially with all the blathering I do around here. :wink:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:20 am UTC

Am I the only one who sees no image in Kieryn's post? I've seen what's presumably the same one on facebook, but still...

HES

Postby HES » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:21 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:I really want to see that comments section.

Well, if you insist.

Blitzgirl, I know what you're like with spoilers, but DO NOT open these:
Spoiler:
BLITZGIRL, BY OPENING THIS SPOILER YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT OPEN THE NEXT SPOILER, ON PAIN OF DEATH BY TIME WITHDRAWAL.

There is nothing to see anyway. Move along.
Spoiler:

yappobiscuits wrote:Am I the only one who sees no image in Kieryn's post? I've seen what's presumably the same one on facebook, but still...

I see it, and it is.

*runs and hides*
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

(6)6(6)

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:32 am UTC

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:35 am UTC

It's your own fault for looking, y'know...

(Curiosity killed the redundakitty)

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:38 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:(Curiosity killed the redundakitty)

AND THEN THE UNDEAD REDUNDAKITTY CAME BACK AND PUNSAWED EVERYONE WITH THE VITSSÅGEN, JA
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Long Mode response to Laura Mae June Bug, November 1964

Postby AluisioASG » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:40 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:(Also, I had forgotten Aluisio was an Old One. Like, Newpage-15-ish Old One. So many of the names from the early newpages are unfamiliar that I was startled to see a current OTTer.)

I look (and behave) too young for an Old One, don't I? BTW the last time I heard “Old One” was in reference to this guy.
But… fifteen? All this Time I thought it was fourteen! Maybe the Mods have given some late clearance?

BlitzGirl wrote:
mishka wrote:Time should be spun off as it's own comic.

An Old One! From Newpage 15! Image

I don't recognize the name.

Someguy945 wrote:I haven't checked this thread in months, what the heck are you guys doing?

But this one I do.

lmjb1964 wrote:This was cool, Aluisio! <snip> And I'm sure I didn't quite understand your story, though I enjoyed it anyway. But I re-read it and didn't see any mention of an otter-shaped island. Or is there another story I missed?

- exiting virtualization; level: 2
Ok, here we go…
Spoiler:
It indeed doesn't mention any otter-shaped island. But it does mention “a lush land, full of the most varied ecosystems coexisting peacefully”. Which is exactly how I wanted to depict the Otters Lands in my old (and never finished) Otter Map drawing project.

The victim (Storm/my old avatar) and the parasite that infected it (a green brainslug/hat) are obvious. The first sign of trouble is this post's title (there was a brainslug on his neck at this time). Eventually the brainslug did what its name says it does… and then we got this and this. The consequence of ChronosDragon's attack towards Storm's brainslug are… unfortunate. And this is what our protagonist comes in to investigate.

The main character is someone y'll already know, or used to. It's someone whose history I'm mentally rewriting as we speak. Other characters referenced but not directly present in the story are likely to be seen again, too. Especially me. Or rather, not me, a mere virtualization, projection. The real me.

I realize now it's pointless to try to keep my stories RELATED. Therefore, hereby I ask for permission from my peers to publish future stories from the Gibraltar timeline. If allowed, I promise I'll do my best to make it worth.

lmjb1964 wrote:I have this lingering fear that during the rehearsal someone will say, "Hey, you're not a real percussionist! Get out of here!"

If someone do this, I'll instantly start learning about security of missile silos.

lmjb1964 wrote:And at this i haven't been having those dreams where I show up at rehearsal without my music, or the wrong music, or an hour late, or without my instruments...you get the picture.

You forgot an umbrella.
But try to check if you have everything before leaving home. And after leaving home. And before entering the car or taking the bus. And after entering the car or the bus. And at every bus stop or traffic light (Wikipedia says these are also known as robots?)… well, you get the picture.
And then, in the middle of my way, I wonder if I locked my room's door. But despite this shallow fear, deep inside I know I've locked it. And closed the gas switch. I know that, if I hadn't done these things or if I wasn't bringing everything I was going to need, I'd never have left home. Or taken the bus. Or reached my destination. Or done what I was supposed to do. Or come back here to say it was a success.
Based on a true story.

lmjb1964 wrote:Preview edit: Ch*rp, this post is really long. Y'all will let me know if my posts are too seaish, right? I'd hate to have otters see my posts and think, "There goes lmjb, blathering on again."

Long? Try one of BlitzGirl's last (or was that first?) signposts.
I miss the days we used to run in Long Mode.

lmjb1964 wrote:Hm, I seem to be a little insecure todip, don't I?

Don't worry, ma'am, help is on the way.
Spoiler:
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Eternal Density

I've travelled through Time to tell you

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:17 am UTC

first bit of 2.9 is out:

Code: Select all

## 2.9
- Production Control for Tool Factory
- Panther Poke! This requires 2500 redactedclicks before you have any chance of seeing it
- Moved Blackprints stat into Other, and added Logicat Level to Other stats

HES

Re: 5

Postby HES » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:18 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:5
Oh!

Pre-emptive congratulatory / apology cake:

Molpy down!
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:30 am UTC

PONGUEFIES...

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:35 am UTC

Is the boat being dissolved by a nanorobot swarm?
Selecting new quote…

MistyCat

Postby MistyCat » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:52 am UTC

BlindPosting from 1403
Cheered by Sigcouragement from many.

The many become more.
superluminal wrote:Throwing a firstpost forward (from NP1385):

Hi MistyCat, and welcome!

BlitzGirl wrote:Yay, another blitzer! Image
Don't feel too unclean - we each experience Time a little differently, and all who observe it are welcome here!

TheMinim wrote:Hi! We are getting a fair few blitzers, aren't we? :D

ggh wrote:You're doing great, MistyCat! You shall reach the end.

intheshax wrote:Hi, MistyCat way in the past from the nearer past of your distant future! If you make it far enough to read this, let me tell you (assuming you are still male and elderly when you get here) "Good show, old man!"

ucim wrote:@MistyCat - Welcome, and Randalspeed! (though I see you are already moving pretty quickly! Do you have a BlitzRocket?)

Jose

yappobiscuits wrote:Welcome and good luck on your blitz!

pelrigg wrote:New Poster Greetings to monkeygentleman, Maugrim, MistyCat, ZeimusuE: Hi to all of you.

Angelastic wrote:You'd think(I wouldn't) that with all these Blitzers who have already made it, more would be redundant. Which makes MistyCat a
Spoiler:
redundakitty!

(note for MistyCat: I don't really think you're redundant. Welcome to the future! Or at least the not-so-distant past.)

I have no redundakitties, just many warm fuzzies.
Spoiler:
Warm and fuzzy warm fuzzies, each warm and fuzzy one of which is both warm and fuzzy, particularly the warm and fuzzy ones in particular.

And so to Coma.

I've made it to 1403/1593
I shall reach the end.
Purrr.
MistyCat wrote:Ch*rpedy ch*rp the ch*rpng ch*rp.

Waiting for Lucky

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:53 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:Is the boat being dissolved by a nanorobot swarm?

They get everywhere them nanobots...

@BlitzGirl -- your birthday is mightly close to the alignment. Especially the ideal one when the moon has passed further away -- from Hawaii this will occur on the evening of the 8th I think.

ETA: Any OTTers in Hawaii???

ETA2: Never mind. The weather forecast for Honolulu does not bode well for sky pictures for the next couple of days. :(

ETA3: Anyone in or have a friend in Mexico? That would be a good location. Think how awesome it would be to get a real picture taken closely matching this scene:

Only once every 8 years... Tomorrow night folks!
Last edited by Kieryn on Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:16 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

Eternal Density

Not Factorial! And Not Not! Bang!

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:14 am UTC

Kieryn wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:Is the boat being dissolved by a nanorobot swarm?

They get everywhere them nanobots...

@BlitzGirl -- your birthday is mightly close to the alignment. Especially the ideal one when the moon has passed further away -- from Hawaii this will occur on the evening of the 8th I think.

ETA: Any OTTers in Hawaii???
And they're probably using IPv12!

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:20 am UTC

Kieryn wrote:ETA: Any OTTers in Hawaii???

No, according to the OTT map.

Kieryn wrote:ETA3: Anyone in or have a friend in Mexico?

There are 3 of us there, again according to the OTT map.
Selecting new quote…

Eternal Density

Automata Assemble

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:33 am UTC

I'd like to again thank everyone who's been reporting/suggesting Hotdog stuff here. It's a big help.

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:38 am UTC

So. I finally registered. Been visiting the site for years and years, but never took the step to join the forum...

Until comic 1190.

Now, I'm up to Page 40 of this thread so far in a single "working" day, and still somehow being productive (I'm an IT Helpdesk guy), and the story of a sandcastle is slowly unfolding before me...

Perhaps never knowing of this makes me one of today's 10,000?

I'm also unsure as to whether this is actually "complete" or not - I'm posting this reply in the dark, as it were, and likely won't see any replies to this, my first post, until I "catch up" to this page. I've seen mention of a progress-so-far animation, but I'll only watch it once I've done my Time through reading the forum posts.

That will take a while, but I am fascinated. It means that I'm seeing each new frame significantly faster than the original schedule, but each new frame is still several minutes in the arrival... So I am indeed still waiting.

I can only wonder if my resolve to not view the animation can hold all the way through. Perhaps a self-social experiment? We shall see.

Greetings to all from Gingercat. I think I will like it here.

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:30 am UTC

ONGLOSSED...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

Eternal Density

The nanoswarm prevails!

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:34 am UTC

Important stuff is here!

Code: Select all

## 2.91
- TFLL now allows you to load 10K if you don't have 50K
- Waves additionally show how many castles will be destroyed/built on the next ONG, if you have SBTF
- Panther Salve now shows progress towards LCB (oops)
- Rosetta now always displays how many NPBs for the next FA upgrade
- Stats show number of castles sacrificed via Molpy Down or Rift
- Automation Optimisation improved to allow Construction from Blackprints from occurring alongside other work
- Boost to allow construction of Glass Tools of finite price instead of infinite price
- Finally a new way to get Factory Automation runs

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:45 am UTC

Kieryn wrote:@BlitzGirl -- your birthday is mightly close to the alignment. Especially the ideal one when the moon has passed further away -- from Hawaii this will occur on the evening of the 8th I think.

Treeish! Birthdip alignment! :D

MistyCat wrote:I have no redundakitties, just many warm fuzzies.
Spoiler:
Warm and fuzzy warm fuzzies, each warm and fuzzy one of which is both warm and fuzzy, particularly the warm and fuzzy ones in particular.

Redundafuzzies are the best! And baobabs, you're almost here! Quick, everymolpy - tidy up the OTT! Fix the mustard! Nest the quotes! Hunt the molpies! Where are those molpies...
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:23 am UTC

ergman wrote:
mscha wrote:WONDERMONGER...

-- posted by newpixbot

Is the sky perhaps darkening with ash?

No it's probably just a distant swarm of locusts that are going to eat the Beanies.

After ketchupping I hold to that theory.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:32 am UTC

Sea locusts?

HES wrote:Pre-emptive congratulatory / apology cake:
Spoiler:

Thanks! :D

AluisioASG wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:(Also, I had forgotten Aluisio was an Old One. Like, Newpage-15-ish Old One. So many of the names from the early newpages are unfamiliar that I was startled to see a current OTTer.)

I look (and behave) too young for an Old One, don't I? BTW the last time I heard “Old One” was in reference to this guy.
But… fifteen? All this Time I thought it was fourteen! Maybe the Mods have given some late clearance?

It probably is fourteen. I was skimblitzing pretty fast, so I was estimating (hence the -ish).
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Neil_Boekend

Re: 3

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:42 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Sea locusts?

Yes. In 11Ky locusts will be common around the Mediterranean Sea. Sometimes they'll cross a piece of a sea as a swarm to eat an island empty.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

he/him/his

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:19 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:

Yes. In 11Ky locusts will be common around the Mediterranean Sea. Sometimes they'll cross a piece of a sea as a swarm to eat an island empty.

Sound like loca-raptors to me.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Neil_Boekend

1?

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:32 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:

loco loco raptors!

he/him/his

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:30 am UTC

QUAVERONGS...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

Eternal Density

Technobabble

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:33 am UTC

Well. That's some serious weather. Hopefully the electrostatic shock will short out the nanoswarm.

Also something weird happened with Panther Poke: it unlocked without being bought and relocked love. Epsilon.

Oh and Blackprints ought to have unlocked... Maybe I need to send myself a copy of my save so I can debug it.
ETA never mind, I had Blackprints all along but they were sandwiched between all the glass ceilings so I couldn't see them.
Last edited by Eternal Density on Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:15 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

BlitzGirl

1!

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:41 am UTC

Lightning! Image Awesomeful!

Neil_Boekend wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:

loco loco raptors!

The Loco-Molpy
To the tune of The Locomotion by Grand Funk Railroad

Ev'rybody's doin' a Cuegan dance now.
(C'mon beanie, do the loco-molpy)
I know you'll think it's treeish if you give it a chance now.
(C'mon beanie, do the loco-molpy.)
My cousin LaPetite you know can do it with ease,
It's simpler than raftin' across the seas,
So come on, come on, do the loco-molpy with me.

You gotta hoist your bag now.
Join an army, jump up, attack.
Oh, well, I think you got the knack!

Now that you can do it, well let's climb some trees now.
(C'mon, beanie, do the loco-molpy.)
Chillin' with the chirps and the cute squirpies now.
Stalk behind the Cuegan, let's go for a stroll,
A little bit of compy and a lot of mole.
Come on, come on, do the loco-molpy with me.

*molpies on guitar*

Move around the floor in a loco-molpy.
Let's join all our forces across the whole sea
There's never been a dance even Cueball can do.
It helps the OTTers Waiting for the pix that's new.
So come on, come on, and do the loco-molpy with me.
So come on, come on, and do the loco-molpy with me.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:33 am UTC

I was about to ottify the locomotion, but as is becoming a weekdip trend, I was running late and didn't have time. Great minds and all that...
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

4000 Posts

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:36 am UTC

Great minds ottify alike! :wink:

I had to do something for 4000 posts, so here comes the crazy crossword again:

Repundant:
Spoiler:

CrosswordScrumptiousDonut.png

Keywords: BGUM crossword puzzle scrumptious donut doughtnut pun puns punsaw vitssagen ja
Repundant.png
Repundant.png (88.82 KiB) Viewed 14782 times
And now I should go coma. Loco-molpy down!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Neil_Boekend

Re: 4000 Posts

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:54 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Great minds ottify alike! :wink:

Keywords: BGUM crossword puzzle scrumptious donut doughtnut pun puns punsaw vitssagen ja
Repundant.png
[/spoiler] And now I should go coma. Loco-molpy down!

Congratz on your 4K!

he/him/his

Eternal Density

That's alot of posts.

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:25 am UTC

I would like to dedicate this post to BlitzGirl of the Numerous Titles. Here's to 4k more!

Spoiler:
You need alot of wood for those posts!

ETA I searched for alot of Donuts and the first result was the pile BlitzGirl posted above!
Last edited by Eternal Density on Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:28 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

waveney

Re: 4000 Posts

Postby waveney » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:26 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Great minds ottify alike! :wink:

Thank you from all of us:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”