1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Birthdip Molpy Down...

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:40 am UTC

I was looking at some of your past predictions, Neil, and I particularly liked this one:

Neil_Boekend, Newpage 815 wrote:She'll fall and break something. Queball will stay to help her. While they are immobilized a flash flood will kill them both and thus ending Time.

It eerily foreshadows both the raptorcat attack and the Zanclean flood. In fact, it might be said that the flood did indeed cause T** **d of Time, since after the flood had been depicted, the OTC's underlying conceptual purpose had been fulfilled (at least in GLR's eyes), and the story could be concluded.

Optional decree:
Grim predictions for either the beanONGs,
other OTC characters, or us here in the OTT!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Neil_Boekend

Re: Birthdip Molpy Down...

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:42 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I was looking at some of your past predictions, Neil, and I particularly liked this one:

Neil_Boekend, Newpage 815 wrote:She'll fall and break something. Queball will stay to help her. While they are immobilized a flash flood will kill them both and thus ending Time.

It eerily foreshadows both the raptorcat attack and the Zanclean flood. In fact, it might be said that the flood did indeed cause T** **d of Time, since after the flood had been depicted, the OTC's underlying conceptual purpose had been fulfilled (at least in GLR's eyes), and the story could be concluded.

See? All my predictions have come true! :P
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

waveney

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby waveney » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:45 am UTC

New Ottercomic ripe for Ottification...

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:47 am UTC

waveney wrote:New Ottercomic ripe for Ottification...

I give it a week before somebody posts a greasemonkey script doing exactly this.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

he/him/his

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:50 am UTC

Yay, there's the Othercomic! Now I can molpy down. Image
Update: Bravo, waveney! Thanks to your tip I was able to start the Otherthread! :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:00 am UTC

mscha wrote:Looks like things are coming to an end. I'd now guess that there will be only one more update at 11:30 PM EDT, and after that, it's over and comic 1191 is posted.
– Michael

Went back to look at the old images mscha quoted, and found this spectacularly (and happily) wrong prediction.

BlitzGirl wrote:In memory of the blue-purple mustard...

Newpixia the Wowterful
To the tune of America the Beautiful

Spoiler:
O wowterful for blank white skies,
And pix from waveney's brain,
For purple mountain majesties...
That ch*rped-up Paint we blame!

Newpixia! Newpixia!
Lord Randall brought us thee
And waveney good then understood
How OTTers need the Sea!

*stands and salutes* And I see you've passed 4000 posts. Congratulations!

Sorry for the ch*rpin' mustard at work, SBN. :(

Someguy945 wrote:I haven't checked this thread in months, what the heck are you guys doing?

We've been waiting for you to post again. About time! :)

Earthling on Mars, what a wowterful story!

BlitzGirl wrote:Of course. :) Hence the Western Paradox Church from the early OTT.

lmjb1964 wrote:Preview edit: Ch*rp, this post is really long. Y'all will let me know if my posts are too seaish, right? I'd hate to have otters see my posts and think, "There goes lmjb, blathering on again."

Silly molpy. I like blathery seaish posts! :wink: (And I've written quite a few myself!)

Speaking of...ch*rp. I don't have anything planned, once again. Been too busy getting ready for my birthdip Outside, didn't think about OTT kilocuestones, too.

Thanks, BlitzGirl. :) When's your birthdip? *checks FB* Oh! Happy birthdip!!

Eternal Density wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Of course. :) Hence the Western Paradox Church from the early OTT.
Yes that's why it's related enough to mention. (actually lmjb's sig reminded me to mention it)

Glad my sig was useful!

BlitzGirl wrote:Wingish shot, Kieryn!

yappobiscuits wrote:Facebook tells me your birthdip's coming up too, would be treeish if they coincided :P

Yeah, pretty sure I'll hit the 4000 posts first, especially with all the blathering I do around here. :wink:

heehee

HES wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:I really want to see that comments section.

Well, if you insist.

Blitzgirl, I know what you're like with spoilers, but DO NOT open these:
Spoiler:
BLITZGIRL, BY OPENING THIS SPOILER YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT OPEN THE NEXT SPOILER, ON PAIN OF DEATH BY TIME WITHDRAWAL.

There is nothing to see anyway. Move along.
Spoiler:

Yay, those were awfulsome. Thanks! Sorry about all the scrumptious donuts...

AluisioASG wrote:<some snipping>
lmjb1964 wrote:This was cool, Aluisio! <snip> And I'm sure I didn't quite understand your story, though I enjoyed it anyway. But I re-read it and didn't see any mention of an otter-shaped island. Or is there another story I missed?

- exiting virtualization; level: 2
Ok, here we go…
Spoiler:
It indeed doesn't mention any otter-shaped island. But it does mention “a lush land, full of the most varied ecosystems coexisting peacefully”. Which is exactly how I wanted to depict the Otters Lands in my old (and never finished) Otter Map drawing project.

The victim (Storm/my old avatar) and the parasite that infected it (a green brainslug/hat) are obvious. The first sign of trouble is this post's title (there was a brainslug on his neck at this time). Eventually the brainslug did what its name says it does… and then we got this and this. The consequence of ChronosDragon's attack towards Storm's brainslug are… unfortunate. And this is what our protagonist comes in to investigate.

The main character is someone y'll already know, or used to. It's someone whose history I'm mentally rewriting as we speak. Other characters referenced but not directly present in the story are likely to be seen again, too. Especially me. Or rather, not me, a mere virtualization, projection. The real me.

I realize now it's pointless to try to keep my stories RELATED. Therefore, hereby I ask for permission from my peers to publish future stories from the Gibraltar timeline. If allowed, I promise I'll do my best to make it worth.

Spoiler:
lmjb1964 wrote:I have this lingering fear that during the rehearsal someone will say, "Hey, you're not a real percussionist! Get out of here!"

If someone do this, I'll instantly start learning about security of missile silos.

lmjb1964 wrote:And at this i haven't been having those dreams where I show up at rehearsal without my music, or the wrong music, or an hour late, or without my instruments...you get the picture.

You forgot an umbrella.
But try to check if you have everything before leaving home. And after leaving home. And before entering the car or taking the bus. And after entering the car or the bus. And at every bus stop or traffic light (Wikipedia says these are also known as robots?)… well, you get the picture.
And then, in the middle of my way, I wonder if I locked my room's door. But despite this shallow fear, deep inside I know I've locked it. And closed the gas switch. I know that, if I hadn't done these things or if I wasn't bringing everything I was going to need, I'd never have left home. Or taken the bus. Or reached my destination. Or done what I was supposed to do. Or come back here to say it was a success.
Based on a true story.

lmjb1964 wrote:Preview edit: Ch*rp, this post is really long. Y'all will let me know if my posts are too seaish, right? I'd hate to have otters see my posts and think, "There goes lmjb, blathering on again."

Long? Try one of BlitzGirl's last (or was that first?) signposts.
I miss the days we used to run in Long Mode.

lmjb1964 wrote:Hm, I seem to be a little insecure todip, don't I?

Don't worry, ma'am, help is on the way.
Spoiler:

Aluisio, thank you for this post. I love every bit of it. :mrgreen: And as far as I'm concerned, you can post whatever stories you want.

mscha wrote:PONGUEFIES...

Hm, looks like they're getting hit with some flak. ("You can't sail that thing here!" "You call that a boat?" "Who do you think you are, anyway?")

AluisioASG wrote:Is the boat being dissolved by a nanorobot swarm?

That is exactly not what I was thinking! :)

BlitzGirl wrote:Lightning! Image Awesomeful!

The Loco-Molpy
To the tune of The Locomotion by Grand Funk Railroad

Ooh, cool smiley and awesomeful otty all in one post!! Although, The Locomotion is really by Little Eva and GFR just covered it.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

azule
Saved

GLR V

Postby azule » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:03 am UTC

Please excuse my lateness. Yes, there, right there, is the new AuthorComic. Mine's good, too. It's a, uh, ProcrastiComic. :oops:

This is the fifth installment of GLR - The Surreal. It is a serial comique, for the time being. Please review the previous four within the following spoiler before continuing:
Spoiler:
Image Image Image Image

Spoiler:
GLR-V.png
"Officer, you make me feel like a star. Thanks for the ride."

Yes, the officers are missing the badge on their hats and therefore they look like a beret gang instead. Not that that's a bad thing. ;)

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:10 am UTC

Molpish use of the interrobang, azule! :wink:

lmjb1964 wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Lightning! Image Awesomeful!

The Loco-Molpy
To the tune of The Locomotion by Grand Funk Railroad

Ooh, cool smiley and awesomeful otty all in one post!! Although, The Locomotion is really by Little Eva and GFR just covered it.

Ah, thanks! Learn something new every dip! :) And with that I really will molpy down...I know, I know, this is the third Time I've said that, but I was distracted by the Othercomic!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:28 am UTC

edfel wrote:Hi everyone :)
Spoiler:
It's been a long time since I posted here, I've fallen back to "occasional lurker"... I still love the OTC+OTT couple, but without the constant enigma about where all this is going to, I've somehow lost the drive to post. Anyway...congrats for the works of art (er... and for the rest ^^ ;) ) that are still here on every NP!

Also, congrats to those who made this castle-builder game... at first I just clicked the link in someone's sig without knowing what to expect: I must say it's ch*rping awesomeful to have produced such a game. I'm still amazed by the quantity of fun leaking out of it, while the most fundamental precept of "waiting for it" has been so completely integrated. Great job, xuys :) Thanks to you, I am now the proud owner of an army of Newpixbots (which are efficient and carrying, and soon-to-be recursive...) and of a variety of other sandcastle-crafting items, and as a bonus the redundakkities keep coming ... so I am a happy molpy!
Btw, I looked at the code... wow... I do think that having a molpy at each line would be something to teach to new programmers, I'm sure they do help any program becoming a lot better!

tl;dr: y'all are doing awesomefully well... keep it up!

Wow! Our catographer! Great to see you again!

And great to see soup and PurplePants77. And I forgot to give a warm welcome to GingerCat. Welcome!

ttscp wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:... And at this i haven't been having those dreams where I show up at rehearsal without my music, or the wrong music, or an hour late, or without my instruments...you get the picture. ...

Which caused me a mental picture of you dragging tympani on to the bus to get to rehearsal...
Or maybe on a motorcycle...

haha, yeah, the other bus passengers hate when I bring my tymps on the bus. Especially all four of them. (I mean, all four timps, though I supposed all four passengers would hate it...)

AluisioASG wrote:For yb:
Spoiler:
That's what happens when you search for ‘14 cake’

And happy birthday, edfel. (Today, right? Or was it yesterday?)

Ah, cake with disembodied hand. That's just what I would want at my wedding. :shock:

I added the Cake Time Styler. Wasn't sure at first what exactly it was doing, but I think now I know. Does it change all of that user's posts?

Why am I still up? I will coma RIGHT NOW.

edited to fix one little typo.
Last edited by lmjb1964 on Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:48 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:12 pm UTC

AluisioASG wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:Technically we're all related.

Did we titled SBN the One True Mother already?

That sounds, wrong. But, yes, I've been titled, "Blessed Momtriarch of the One True Thread" (I didn't have room for it in my sig, so I put it in my Occupation.)
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:21 pm UTC

Apparently I'm two pages behind.

WHAT HAPPENED HERE?
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

AluisioASG

I'm Afraid of Outsiders

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:02 pm UTC

StormAngel wrote:*Neil [accidentally?] creates a temporal rift while on a plane to Australia, causing the plane to crash into Court Square in Boston. Thus ends the OTT* :cry:

So Boston is the new Island?

StormAngel wrote:I tried playing it a little while ago, but I think I need more fingers for some parts

Spoiler:
The Fingers, with Bono Vox
God Morgan Freeman likes this post.

Neil_Boekend wrote:I give it a week before somebody posts a greasemonkey script doing exactly this.

A week? Pff.

lmjb1964 wrote:I added the Cake Time Styler. Wasn't sure at first what exactly it was doing, but I think now I know. Does it change all of that user's posts?

Yes.
At first I thought I would use the new Cake Time database for this, but it turned out I didn't need it. I heard, however, that one of us would be bringing us a self-updating list of people about to reach a post count milestone (for lack of a better description).

azule, I'll start archiving your comics in my server. What's the license by the way?
Selecting new quote…

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:30 pm UTC

TEETHONGS...

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:42 pm UTC

mscha wrote:TEETHONGS...

-- posted by newpixbot

Ah, they have reached the eye of the typhoon.

he/him/his

HES

Postby HES » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:01 pm UTC

ucim wrote:
HES wrote:2.4 million views. That's a lot of crazy people.
BlitzGirl wrote:Or a small number of people being crazy repeatedly.
Math to the rescue!

2.4 million views / 1.6 thousand pages = 24/16 thousand views per page, or 1500 vpp. If each page gets viewed once, that's 1500 followers. For three views per page per person, that's 3 vpppp, which is more likely, we get 500 regular followers.

Thanks for the analysis! I feel my original point stands :P

yappobiscuits wrote:Yeah, and me. Even though I was lurking from the beginning, I don't actually remember anything from before I signed up.

I barely remember anything before NP1K
He/Him/His Image

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:46 pm UTC

acunning40 wrote:
Kieryn wrote:Moon and Venus - tomorrow is the line up of Venus with Sagittarius that I first predicted before we knew about the 11000 year thing. Anyone in an equatorial latitude able to get some good snaps?

I'm farther north than that (San Diego area), but I did just take some photos anyway to give it a shot. Unfortunately the area west of me has a lot of city lights (and I don't know what I'm doing with photography), so at best the stars are just barely visible if you know where to look. The longest exposure my camera would do was 4 seconds and that got me this:
100_2161.JPG

Brightened up you can kind of see Sagittarius around Venus:
Sagittarius.jpg

Original Post

Fantastic pictures acunning40! Photographing the night sky is tricky even for astronomers with the right equipment and great lighting conditions... let alone next to something as bright as Venus and the Moon and in the lighting conditions you were in. I'm so happy you were able to capture some of the stars around Venus! Don't have time myself, but someone should do an overlay of your picture with this one:

I attempted to get something too, but I had it worse... my only equipment was an iPhone (no tripod) and the light pollution in Manhattan meant the only stars visible at all were those in the summer triangle directly above me. :(

Here's the best two shots I took:

(Full Size Image)

(Full Size Image)
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:01 pm UTC

HES wrote:
ucim wrote:
HES wrote:2.4 million views. That's a lot of crazy people.
BlitzGirl wrote:Or a small number of people being crazy repeatedly.
Math to the rescue!

2.4 million views / 1.6 thousand pages = 24/16 thousand views per page, or 1500 vpp. If each page gets viewed once, that's 1500 followers. For three views per page per person, that's 3 vpppp, which is more likely, we get 500 regular followers.

Thanks for the analysis! I feel my original point stands :P

yappobiscuits wrote:Yeah, and me. Even though I was lurking from the beginning, I don't actually remember anything from before I signed up.

I barely remember anything before NP1K

Nay! Nay I say! Do not forget! Remember, and be proud!
I remember...the Reckoning. A time of wonders and terror.
I remember the formation of the timewaiters, and the schisms therefrom.

I remember the time of the great popewars, and the willy nilly promotion of clerical positions simply for asking. I remember when the outside was declared a heresy, and the OTT was named. I was there. I was there. and one dip, many yips from now, we shall look back upon those dips, upon those battles, and say, "I stood with my brethren, When time first ran, I forged new paths and helped bring chaos to the order of the Reckoning. I saw it happen. I was there." and all men and women shall look upon us with envy, for the sights we have seen, and the Newpix we have waited.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

HES

Postby HES » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:05 pm UTC

Ok, I do remember stuff. I just don't remember everything.

Yup.

Last edited by HES on Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:43 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
He/Him/His Image

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:15 pm UTC

Reminder:

Only 15 hours newpix left to bid on this obelisk slide!

On kieryn.com: http://kieryn.com/Slides/View/2

It's on 6 inch x 4 inch card-stock .
Here's the video of me drawing it again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuTRyUldeis.

100% of proceeds go to this charity: http://au.movember.com/mospace/6914233.
Image- Kieryn

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:39 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Molpish use of the interrobang, azule! :wink:
I'm counting that!

AluisioASG wrote:azule, I'll start archiving your comics in my server. What's the license by the way?
Uh, the license where you can do that thing for.

I'm terrible with licenses....I don't know what for. Y'all are free to OTTify, print. Not sure about sell. Should I care? I'd like a cut, at least. lol.

But, cool to hear, Aluisio. 8-)

!?

??

?!

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

seamusbleu

Castle production

Postby seamusbleu » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:40 pm UTC

I'm a long time lurker. I did a good job of keeping up with the thread before the end of time (heresy, I know). I went away, but checked in once and awhile. Then I found castle builder game. I'm pretty hooked, but I seem to have stalled. I can't get enough castle production to buy the next set of boosts. I've got some hints by reading this forum, but I need help.

I'm at 76 boosts and 85 badges. I've molpied down since that appeared to be necessary. I've built back up to around 100G castles and 15.5G sand/mNP. I've got time travel and glass chip production going, but not glass blocks (yet).

Unfortunately, the next boosts I want to buy are 1 and 2T castles (VITSSAGEN, JA! and Swim between the flags). The cost of castle tools is getting out of what I can afford, even with discounts. It seemed that I was getting more DoN chances before I molpied down. Even when I do get a chance, it seems like I'm more often than not unlucky.

Oh yeah, how important is ninja streaks? It seems like since I molpied down, I can't get my ninja streak better than 2. I previously got it to 16 or something like that. No, I just had it to 2, but it went back to 0 after clicking (after the timer expired). Frustrating.

So, what do I do now?

HES

Postby HES » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:41 pm UTC

I've just realised it's even the right number of molpies!
He/Him/His Image

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:58 pm UTC

You've already comaed too much, Dracomax. Wake up!
Unfortunately, Kieryn, eBay has decided I'm a liar.
azule, CC-BY-NC maybe, just like the OTC and the Othercomics?
Selecting new quote…

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:16 pm UTC

AluisioASG wrote:Unfortunately, Kieryn, eBay has decided I'm a liar.

That is unfortunate... Is there any hope of a work around? Could you create another account?

Also -- happy birthday @BlitzGirl!

And today's slide: http://kieryn.com/Slides/View/71
Last edited by Kieryn on Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:17 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Image- Kieryn

waveney

Re: Castle production

Postby waveney » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:17 pm UTC

seamusbleu wrote:I'm a long time lurker. I did a good job of keeping up with the thread before the end of time (heresy, I know). I went away, but checked in once and awhile. Then I found castle builder game. I'm pretty hooked, but I seem to have stalled. I can't get enough castle production to buy the next set of boosts. I've got some hints by reading this forum, but I need help.

I'm at 76 boosts and 85 badges. I've molpied down since that appeared to be necessary. I've built back up to around 100G castles and 15.5G sand/mNP. I've got time travel and glass chip production going, but not glass blocks (yet).

Unfortunately, the next boosts I want to buy are 1 and 2T castles (VITSSAGEN, JA! and Swim between the flags). The cost of castle tools is getting out of what I can afford, even with discounts. It seemed that I was getting more DoN chances before I molpied down. Even when I do get a chance, it seems like I'm more often than not unlucky.

Oh yeah, how important is ninja streaks? It seems like since I molpied down, I can't get my ninja streak better than 2. I previously got it to 16 or something like that. No, I just had it to 2, but it went back to 0 after clicking (after the timer expired). Frustrating.

So, what do I do now?

Hello, lurkers who stop lurking are welcome (I was a lurker for months too).

It depends on what you have currently got. Swim between the flags is much more important than VITSSAGEN, JA! For long term development.

Have you been through the Judgement Dip? If not prevoke it and collect some goodies from it - some are very powerful.

Don't buy anything you can afford, work out what gets you the most castles per NP per castles spent - sometimes it is worth waiting for it. What is most worth what varies on the stage of the game. Glass is essental for the later game, but probably not at the moment for you.

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:30 pm UTC

MULTONGULATES...

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Uristqwerty

Postby Uristqwerty » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:59 pm UTC

waveney wrote:It depends on what you have currently got. Swim between the flags is much more important than VITSSAGEN, JA! For long term development.

I disagree, somewhat. VITSSÅGEN, JA is a prerequisite to Family Discount, and it (indirectly) gives you back far more castles than you spent on it once you have clicked enough (though that bit is somewhat hidden, and can be missed entirely).

seamusbleu

Re: Castle production

Postby seamusbleu » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:03 pm UTC

waveney wrote:
seamusbleu wrote:...snip...

So, what do I do now?

Hello, lurkers who stop lurking are welcome (I was a lurker for months too).

It depends on what you have currently got. Swim between the flags is much more important than VITSSAGEN, JA! For long term development.

Have you been through the Judgement Dip? If not prevoke it and collect some goodies from it - some are very powerful.

Don't buy anything you can afford, work out what gets you the most castles per NP per castles spent - sometimes it is worth waiting for it. What is most worth what varies on the stage of the game. Glass is essental for the later game, but probably not at the moment for you.

Yep, still in JD, but I think I've got all the goodies already. Maybe I just need to ignore it for a couple days running, though that's no fun! I do wonder why the ninja streak keeps getting reset.

seamusbleu

Time travel

Postby seamusbleu » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:08 pm UTC

So what good is time travel? I've jumped back and forth enough to earn the related badges, but other than that, it doesn't seem to do me any good. I'm sure I'm missing something about it.

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:15 pm UTC

Happy birthdip, BlitzGirl!
And happy 2600 posts, mscha and newpixbot!
Thanks Jose and lmjb for the comments on the Dark Lord.

waveney

Postby waveney » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:26 pm UTC

Uristqwerty wrote:
waveney wrote:It depends on what you have currently got. Swim between the flags is much more important than VITSSAGEN, JA! For long term development.

I disagree, somewhat. VITSSÅGEN, JA is a prerequisite to Family Discount, and it (indirectly) gives you back far more castles than you spent on it once you have clicked enough (though that bit is somewhat hidden, and can be missed entirely).

Both have merit in the longer term, I agree but SBTF if one of the most powerful boosts there is - given a choice between the two, take SBTF first then VITSSAGEN, JA!

seamusbleu wrote:
waveney wrote:

So, what do I do now?

Yep, still in JD, but I think I've got all the goodies already. Maybe I just need to ignore it for a couple days running, though that's no fun! I do wonder why the ninja streak keeps getting reset.

If you have all the goodies, buying enough bags will (in the short term) shut it up, eventually you will need to use Newpixbot Navigation code.

Mainting the ninja streak is tough.

seamusbleu wrote:So what good is time travel? I've jumped back and forth enough to earn the related badges, but other than that, it doesn't seem to do me any good. I'm sure I'm missing something about it.

It is useful (eventually) to go back to NP1 and pick up the early discoveries (when you have the Camera)

It is useful (for a while) to collect the stealthbots which are free.

It is useful for maintaining Shortpix until you are ready to move to Longpix.

It is useful after going through a tempral rift to get back to the NP you were on.

Otherwise useless (so don't alway use it).

ucim

Postby ucim » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:39 pm UTC

BLitzGirl wrote:
Blitzing Time
To the tune of Closing Time by Semisonic

Very steakish, and not endish at all!

Thanks azule - I like math(s). And I really like installment 24/3-3 of your cereal comique. (I'm looking forward to installment 24/(3-3), though I suspect I'll have to [spoiler]!

HES wrote:Image
Awesomeful! Far better than the original!

(It actually makes the news understandable too!)

And the other one too.

Keep up the great slides Kieryn! I'm really enjoying the story!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

seamusbleu

Postby seamusbleu » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:39 pm UTC

waveney wrote:

If you have all the goodies, buying enough bags will (in the short term) shut it up, eventually you will need to use Newpixbot Navigation code.

Doesn't using the Newpixbot Navigation code knock out all of your NPB's though? It seems like a terrible cost.

waveney

Postby waveney » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:42 pm UTC

seamusbleu wrote:
waveney wrote:

Doesn't using the Newpixbot Navigation code knock out all of your NPB's though? It seems like a terrible cost.

Yes - that is why I said eventually. I avoided it for a vey long time. At your level it is not the answer.

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:56 pm UTC

HES wrote:Yes it does.

AluisioASG wrote:
HES wrote:Oh, they've been rescued by the magic school bus!

Weren't you the school bus driver?

Well, sort of.
Spoiler:

Better than getting around by giant hamster ball, I guess.

StormAngel wrote:I started sawing away at this last night, but only got halfway before I had to log out and coma. I saw the 'VITSSÅGEN JA' before I'd gotten all the circled letters which helped me a bit :P
9D had me stumped until I had two I's and it suddenly struck me that '3 makes a crowd' :lol:
I finally whittled down the missing letters to the P in 9A, and had to guess like Yappo.

I wood stop making those puns if I were you.

edfel wrote:Thanks for the welcome back everyone :)
And AluisioASG: yes, it's indeed today-- oups , the Time is just over midnight here, but you got the right date anyway, thanks ; )
@Blitzgirl: Basement is not so bad, we've got these redundakitties passing by, and we can grab a piece of cake from one time to the other ^^ But I must admit I didn't understand much of the swedish madnessperiod ^^

Oh, I missed your birthdip. Happy birthdip!

Great to see you, acunning40. Treeish shots!

StormAngel:
1. Cool cushion art
2. Congratulations on your excellent piano exam. Glad Neil gave you such high marks.
3. Happy birthdip eventually.
4. Trippy redundagif!

azule wrote:Yes! While I also have internet I will use it! ...What is that cushion? Did you rub one (a castle) out? An important OTTer skill: rubbing. ...Okay, now y'all must wish I was still gone. lol.

*runs*

Silly molpy! That's precisely why we're glad you're back!
Glad you're free of the safely slughat.

OK, I did a little ketchup, now I have to do a little work. But I owe a lot of people some cake, so here you go:
Not sure how to get at the cake up top.

I suspicion that some of the Rorschach tests in the Google doodle were made up by Google. Also, one of them seems to have a redundakitty.

Spoiler:
<image of cute kitty saying "I told U was redundant, Y U no believe me?>
lazy otter's redundakitty

bigcake.jpeg
bigcake.jpeg (8.15 KiB) Viewed 14101 times

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

cari.j.elliot

Postby cari.j.elliot » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:06 pm UTC

Is there a compilation of the fan-fic style story continuations somewhere? Didn't see it on the wiki.
I would like to request that anyone currently doing whatever and posting a large (or even medium) number/volume of responses in a singe post should
Spoiler:
spoiler them.
Thank you.

ucim

Postby ucim » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:47 pm UTC

cari.j.elliot wrote:Is there a compilation of the fan-fic style story continuations somewhere? Didn't see it on the wiki.

From the One True Thread section of the list in
http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/XKCD_Time_Wiki
click on the "Time Literature" link. It will take you to
http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Time_Literature

About halfway down is a link to original stories.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

yappobiscuits

Re: 1190: "Molpy Up"

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:41 pm UTC

BeanONG prediction: After being whisked through the storm, they're now in Oz and are going to go off to see the wizard. Plot twist - the wizard is Rosetta.

Neil_Boekend wrote:
StormAngel wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:
StormAngel wrote:@Neil
Redundant preemptive clarification: My "what a coincidence" was a joke, not a misunderstanding of your statement about being a piano teacher :lol:

Me being a piano teacher is also a joke. I haven't played in approx 175 KNP and I was never very good.

If is wasn't a joke, my own would have been a misunderstanding.

Aww, so you mean I won't travel back in time to teach you after I learn how to play the piano? So you mean it wouldn't be temporally interesting for me to fly to Australia and have you teach me how to play the piano? Aww. :cry:

But it's ok, you were just the examiner, I was his teacher ;)
StormAngel wrote:
Image wrote:I have all the seperate tracks

The midi displays weirdly in MuseScore (as it has done with other music previously) with lots of tracks, but it all shows up in one track on my piano :?
Would it be [easily] possible to export all the tracks together in one midi?

I tried playing it a little while ago, but I think I need more fingers for some parts, or at least a lot of practice :lol:
So I just let it play itself several Times with different voices; it sounds pretty neat with some of the organ sounds - and I tried an accordion too :wink:

No it wouldn't be easily possible as I don't know why it did that... it was only in two seperate tracks in Logic [technical stuff] for mixing/EQ purposes - one for the piano when its on its own in the verses etc which has a fuller sound, more bass and lower mids, and the other's for when the piano's mixed in with orchestra, guitars etc in the choruses and suchlike where a lot of the lower end is cut down and upper mids boosted for clarity in the mix) [/technical stuff] so I have no idea why it came out like that and couldn't fix it easily.

Anyway, it should be playable, since I managed it :P. I mean, my performance wasn't perfect and I cleaned up and fixed timings etc in the midi track after recording, but it's definitely playable with two hands :P.
HES wrote:

Yup.
Spoiler:

Yay, treeish! (And the molpy one too :P)

Welcome, seamusbleu! Happy hotdogging.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:52 pm UTC

I predict that the next OTTification I will post will be of this xkcd comic.

And it will use art from another comic.

And there will be a redundant spoiler:
Spoiler:
The corliss resolution (xkcd 962).png
And still one pixel!
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:15 pm UTC

I'm translating GLR ― THE SURREAL to Brazilian Portuguese.
I need an expert on font licensing.
Last edited by AluisioASG on Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:18 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Selecting new quote…

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”