1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Dracomax

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Dracomax » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:37 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:@Dracomax: Wowterful ottification, though it's very endish*. Cream...hmm. Would Panther Salve do? -- Image
@ggh: Yep, sounds like your image upload error is due to its large size. I've had that happen to me before.

*sad

Well, it is based on the opening song of a musical about divorce... It's just that the title still waiting made me think of that song. The last Five years is a decent musical with some beautiful songs, and it is quite short and intimate, BTW. I highly recommend it.

Edit: and pope'd with a 700 post count. Who knew?

Papal rcommendation: don't pun.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

ucim

Postby ucim » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:49 pm UTC

@Eternal Density - Awesomeful otty of "Simple Answers"! And welcome to the Magically Delicious Red Hal. Missed you around here.
@ggh - Those are treerific fabric (and other) colorizations! It's a new treat every time I open one up.

lmjb1964 wrote:You don't remember it because I haven't posted it yet. :)
But I remember lots of things that people haven't posted yet. I just don't remember the things that people posted. Good thing there's a tardis!

lmjb1964 wrote:Sure, it's a teeny-tiny very riverish island.
Which raises the question of what counts as a landish river.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:51 pm UTC

Happy 700, Pagepope Dracomax!
Cake:
Spoiler:
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Red Hal
Magically Delicious

Re: Castle production

Postby Red Hal » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:52 pm UTC

waveney wrote:
seamusbleu wrote:I'm a long time lurker. I did a good job of keeping up with the thread before the end of time (heresy, I know). I went away, but checked in once and awhile. Then I found castle builder game. I'm pretty hooked, but I seem to have stalled. I can't get enough castle production to buy the next set of boosts. I've got some hints by reading this forum, but I need help.

I'm at 76 boosts and 85 badges. I've molpied down since that appeared to be necessary. I've built back up to around 100G castles and 15.5G sand/mNP. I've got time travel and glass chip production going, but not glass blocks (yet).

Unfortunately, the next boosts I want to buy are 1 and 2T castles (VITSSAGEN, JA! and Swim between the flags). The cost of castle tools is getting out of what I can afford, even with discounts. It seemed that I was getting more DoN chances before I molpied down. Even when I do get a chance, it seems like I'm more often than not unlucky.

Oh yeah, how important is ninja streaks? It seems like since I molpied down, I can't get my ninja streak better than 2. I previously got it to 16 or something like that. No, I just had it to 2, but it went back to 0 after clicking (after the timer expired). Frustrating.

So, what do I do now?

Hello, lurkers who stop lurking are welcome (I was a lurker for months too).

It depends on what you have currently got. Swim between the flags is much more important than VITSSAGEN, JA! For long term development.

Have you been through the Judgement Dip? If not prevoke it and collect some goodies from it - some are very powerful.

Don't buy anything you can afford, work out what gets you the most castles per NP per castles spent - sometimes it is worth waiting for it. What is most worth what varies on the stage of the game. Glass is essental for the later game, but probably not at the moment for you.

76 Boosts and 85 Badges and you get 100G Castles/NP and 15G Sand/mNP? Crikey! I'm at 77/87 and I get around 409.6M Sand/mNP and 11G Castles/NP. I am doing something very, very wrong. I have time-travelled and am getting chips and glass blocks. Is there anyone willing to have a look and tell me how I'm so far off track?

Code: Select all

Mi45N1BQMTM4MjcxMjQ2NjUzMVAxMDMxMTEwMDAwMFA1UzEwODc5NjU4NTYyNDQwMTUuMVMxMDM4NTMwODE3MzI5Nzc0LjhTNjk2ODcwNzg2NjU2NzAuMjM0UzIxMzEzNzY4NDU2MzhTMzIwNjc1NTU0OVM4MzkyNDlTNDQ5NDU1NzAyMTI4NTNTNzI3MjM0NjAyNDgxNDFTMjEyODE0OTkyMzc5NFMxOTc3MjkxODgyNTQ4NS4wN1MxODcyMjc2Uzg5UzVTMVM0MlMyNVMxMzQxOTNTNzY1UzFTNFM4M1MwUzBTNDIzUzI0MVMxOTg2NDZTMFMwUzBTUDIzNkMyMzZDODMwOTkzMTQ4NjY3LjcxMjNDMEMwUzE1MEMxNTBDMjE4OTU5MTg4MTMyLjExMDlDMEMwUzE1MEMxNTBDMTIxNjUzMDYwMzcuNjI4MDk2QzBDMFMxNDhDMTQ4QzQxMzg2Njk3MDU4NkMwQzBTMTU0QzMzMEM0ODQyNjM1MzEwMzQ3LjU1NUMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMEMwU1A0NEMxMzBDNjI3Njg2OUM1NjIzNjcxQzBDMEMwQzBDMFM1MEM1MUM0ODc1MTQ0NjhDMTU5NTNDMEMwQzBDMEMwUzM3QzM5QzkxNDQ1NjIxNDZDMTQ0MDM5NTJDMEMwQzBDMEMwUzM3QzM3QzE3NjQyMjY0NUMzNDg3NEMwQzBDMEMwQzBTMzdDMzdDMzU5OTAyMjQ3OTU5Qzg3ODQ1QzBDMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwQzBDMEMwQzBDMFNQMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzBDMEMxQzBTMEMwQzJDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzE5NTI5MEMwUzBDMEMxNUMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMS4wNUMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMxQzFDMUMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzEyLjMzNTcyMDYxOTA1Njc4OEMwUzFDMUMxQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzFDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzFDMUMxMjRDMFMwQzBDOEMwUzFDMUM2N0MwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzc1MjI0QzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMxQzFDMUMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMUMxQzQ3QzBTMUMzMkMyMDlDMFMxQzFDMUMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMxQzFDNEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMUMwQzBDMFMxQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMxQzBDMEMwUzFDMEMwQzBTMUMwQzBDMFMxQzBDMEMwUzFDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMxQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFNQMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTAwMTExMTExMTExMTEwMDAxMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTEwMTExMTAxMTExMTExMTEwMTExMTExMTEwMDExMDAxMTAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDExMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMFAxMTExMTAxMTAwMDBQMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwUA==
Lost Greatest Silent Baby X Y Z. "There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain..."

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:54 pm UTC

And I added a link to a youtube clip of the original song just for those who haven't heard it in the OTTification.
“have i gone mad?

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:06 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:And I added a link to a youtube clip of the original song just for those who haven't heard it in the OTTification.

Thanks, Dracomax! That's molpish!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

waveney

Re: Castle production

Postby waveney » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:20 pm UTC

Red Hal wrote:76 Boosts and 85 Badges and you get 100G Castles/NP and 15G Sand/mNP? Crikey! I'm at 77/87 and I get around 409.6M Sand/mNP and 11G Castles/NP. I am doing something very, very wrong. I have time-travelled and am getting chips and glass blocks. Is there anyone willing to have a look and tell me how I'm so far off track?

1) There are a few easy badges for you to pick up

2) You need to balance the tools to get the best Castles/np - increasing your flags will improve this significantly.

3) Your npbs get you close to nothing at the moment - do you need to have the newpixbot navigation code in use yet (eventually it is needed but I doubt it at the moment).

4) You have a good sand production rate but a poor catle production rate - concentrate on castle supply - there are some very powerful boosts awaiting you. I used to have a castle supply vastly ahead of my sand, yours is the other way round. (These days both are Infinity)

5) Concentrate on getting some of the waiting boosts and castles and don't (yet) do much on chips/blocks.

Red Hal
Magically Delicious

Postby Red Hal » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:22 pm UTC

With bag burning I thought that having the Navigation Code turned off would deplete my bags in no time. Is it safe? Understood on the badges/Boosts, thanks for looking it over for me!
Lost Greatest Silent Baby X Y Z. "There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain..."

waveney

Postby waveney » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:28 pm UTC

ggh wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:ggh, your fence picture was treeish, and the basketBeanONG, as you call it, was absolutely wingish. But it was seeing my Dixie as a fabric redundakitty that really made me squee. :D And Dixie was excited too! (Well, ok, not really. She is a cat. She just went to sleep.) I don't know how you make those fabric colorifications, but they are so cool and so different.

P.S. Dixie says that if there's a hi res version of that pic, she would love to hang it up somewhere. And I'm pretty sure it will be my new laptop wallpaper...

Yay! So glad you liked it! Originally, I made it at that size, but looking back, I scaled the fabric textures down, so there was no reason not to make it bigger. So here is a 2.5x version that still stays within the resolution of all the textures:
Spoiler:
fabricDixieLarge.jpg
I also made a 4x version that pushes it a little on some of the fabrics, but is still within the resolution of the flowery print, and I think it holds up. Unfortunately the forum software seems to upload it and then tells me it's invalid. Maybe it's just too big to upload? It's 3mb.... If you'd like that, I'll find some other way to get it to you.

The large image is now Here

Red Hal wrote:With bag burning I thought that having the Navigation Code turned off would deplete my bags in no time. Is it safe? Understood on the badges/Boosts, thanks for looking it over for me!

It will eventually - but I don't think it will at your level(will post now expect update soon) you are safe at your level.
Last edited by waveney on Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:32 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Red Hal
Magically Delicious

Postby Red Hal » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:32 pm UTC

Ok. Thanks!
"Disengaging Navigation Code hack."
"Disengaged"
"Johnson, status report"
"All clear sir. It appears that as long as we don't deploy the temporal displacement nacelles, we don't leave a trail for the infernal machines to follow"
"Very well, number two, steady as she goes."
"Aye aye sir."
Last edited by Red Hal on Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:38 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:37 pm UTC

And, just because it got me listening to the soundtrack, an OTTification of the second song from the Last Five Years.
Blitzer Lady
Spoiler:
Note: in the Last Five years, every other song is from the beginning moving forward, while the odd numbered songs, sung by the lady of the piece, are from the end, moving backwards…
If I decide to continue, I’ll follow this convention.

Link to original song:http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=you+tube+the+last+five+years+shisa+goddess&go=&qs=bs&form=QBVR#view=detail&mid=968C081C148C18682563968C081C148C18682563

Part 2:Blitzer Lady(Shiksa Goddess)
I'm Making another post…
The longer I sit posting at you
The more I see us splinter and grow
From ninety post back

I'm making another post…
The Castle by the shore is shaking
And crumbling to the ground
And Neil Bookend's posting,
posting from his grave

If you had a tattoo, that wouldn't matter
If you had a shaved head, that would be cool
If you came from outside or the Hills
Or the back of a van
Just as long as you're not a heretic
we'd say, "Now We’re getting somewhere!
we’re finally breaking through!"
I'd say, "Hey! Hey! Blitzer Lady!
We've been waiting for someone like you"

I've been waiting with Higgs Boson and Xonqnopp
And the Hal twins
We've been waiting with Stratplayer, Kryton, RedHal, Buffygirl and SBC
And Mr Moriarty,Igor, Eternal Density, and Angeltastic
We've had Semonbaby dinners topped with coffeecancer
With every poster in The OTT
But the minute We first met you
We could barely catch our breath
We've been standing for Newpix with the keyboard by our hand
Like an idiot, snared and deft
We've been wandering through the desert
W've been taunted, we've been sniped
My people have suffered for dozens of newpix
But we don't give a shit!

If you had a pierced tongue, that wouldn't matter
If you once were in jail or you’re really a man,
If your mother and your brother had "relations" with each other
And your father was connected to the Gotti clan
We'd say, "Well, nobody's perfect"
It's tragic but it's true
I'd say, "Hey! Hey! Blitzer Lady!
We've been waiting for someone like..."

You, breaking the cycle
You, taking the TIME
You, you are a story
I should post
I have to post!

If you Filked a song, that wouldn't matter
If you like to drink Semonbabyfcancercoffee, I think it's cute
If you've got a powerful connection to your LOLcat collection
I'd say, Draw a pic and shoot
We’re your breathless followers, at your service
Just tell us what you read
We say, "Hey hey hey hey!
We've been waiting for someone
We've been praying for someone
We think that we would always welcome someone
Like You"
“have i gone mad?

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:43 pm UTC

*Bravo smiley*
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:12 pm UTC

rrONG...
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Re: Time-Capsule from Mrob27, Deposited NP711

Postby AluisioASG » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:18 pm UTC

AluisioASG wrote:
mrob27 wrote:@BlitzGirl reminds me that it would be nice if the clever-spoiler script would scroll the content so that when you click the "hide" button, it would scroll the content such that the original "show" button ends up being right where the "hide" button was. There was some discussion of this by those who (unlike me) could JavaScript their way out of a paper bag yips ago, and I think they concluded that it was kinda too hard to do.

Not really, I just did it. Now, if you want to keep track of multiple opened spoilers, then you have a problem. Hm, or maybe not. I just need to use relative offsets.

And… it's ready. Does anyone here know if Pikrass' still active?
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:30 pm UTC

TINNONGS...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

ergman

Postby ergman » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:33 pm UTC

if land with water on the other side doesn't count as land then we are all adrift.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

HES

Postby HES » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:03 pm UTC

Aww, it's the second most intelligent molpy! (First is of course mousplies, who have been running experiments on us for years)
He/Him/His Image

Ximenez

Postby Ximenez » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:07 pm UTC

About the OTH:

When Panther Salve reached 800 no Catamaran came my way. When it reached 1200 and stopped counting, I didn't Let the Cat out of the Bag... (As you can see, I'm addicted to waveney's great Boosts page.)

At that time, I had Redundant Raptor and Run Raptor Run deactivated. I activated them later, but after some fifteen newpix I still don't get the new boosts. What am I missing?

My save, as a
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

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
Last edited by Ximenez on Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:19 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

waveney

Postby waveney » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:18 pm UTC

Ximenez wrote:About the OTH:

When Panther Salve reached 800 no Catamaran came my way. When it reached 1200 and stopped counting, I didn't Let the Cat out of the Bag... (As you can see, I'm addicted to waveney's great Boosts page.)

At that time, I had Redundant Raptor and Run Raptor Run deactivated. I activated them later, but some fifteen newpix later I still don't get the new boosts. What am I missing?

They are both logicat rewards...?

Ximenez

Postby Ximenez » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:20 pm UTC

waveney wrote:
Spoiler:
Ximenez wrote:About the OTH:

At that time, I had Redundant Raptor and Run Raptor Run deactivated. I activated them later, but some fifteen newpix later I still don't get the new boosts. What am I missing?

They are both logicat rewards...?

Are they? Oh! Thanks!

HES

Postby HES » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:23 pm UTC

I may be fluent in OTTish, but Hotdog is a foreign language to me :?
He/Him/His Image

Ximenez

Postby Ximenez » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:47 pm UTC

Hotdog is like OTTish, squared.

If you see it as a foreign language, imagine all the poor molpeople who don't even know OTTish...

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:55 pm UTC

I get the impression that hotdog is to ottish as Spanish is to French.

Or possibly like Minoan Linear A to linear B...
“have i gone mad?

Ximenez

Postby Ximenez » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:06 pm UTC

Hotdog is to OTTish like OTTish is to English. :)

That, or a specialized dialect of OTTish.

ETA: Hmmm, we need a new Hotdog Rosetta... (There is a Rosetta inside the Hotdog, but has other functions, like giving you Factory Automation... Oh, never mind.)

ETA2: Back to asking questions about the OTH.

I'm in doubt about Logicat. If you have a statement that says "A is true or A is false", isn't it true whatever else happens? I just had an INCORRECT (more exactly, an INCCORRECT) as an answer... (The statement went on to say "or Something-Else is true", but this doesn't change anything, does it?) Ok, better to ignore that. Maybe it was asking for a false statement and I didn't realize. Sorry.
Last edited by Ximenez on Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:17 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:15 pm UTC

Ximenez wrote:Hotdog is to OTTish like OTTish is to English. :)

That, or a specialized dialect of OTTish.

ETA: Hmmm, we need a new Hotdog Rosetta... (There is a Rosetta inside the Hotdog, but has other functions, like giving you Factory Automation... Oh, never mind.)

ETA2: Back to asking questions about the OTH.

I'm in doubt about Logicat. If you have a statement that says "A is true or A is false", isn't it true whatever else happens? I just had an INCORRECT (more exactly, an INCCORRECT) as an answer... (The statement went on to say "or Something-Else is true", but this doesn't change anything, does it?)

Linear A and Linear B. seriously.

In 3000 years, Archaeologists will seriously recover the records of HotDoggery, eventually translate it, and get extremely confused when it doesn't help them decipher the OTT.
“have i gone mad?

Ximenez

Postby Ximenez » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:21 pm UTC

You convinced me.

The thing is, words from the OTT are used in the Hotdog with completely different meanings. I don't know if that's the case with Linear A and B, but having the second won't help to understand the first.

Oh, and will it be in 3000 years, or in 11000?

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:25 pm UTC

Ximenez wrote:You convinced me.

The thing is, words from the OTT are used in the Hotdog with completely different meanings. I don't know if that's the case with Linear A and B, but having the second won't help to understand the first.

Well, Linear A/B were used c. 1800-1200BC. That's where I took the date from. I figure it will have been lost again by the time of the Zanclean flood.

Specifically, Our Archaelogists have deciphered Linear B. We can read it. Linear A uses the same alphabet and was used in the same area, in consecutive timeframes, yet if we use the translations we have for Linear B, nothing from Linear A makes any damn sense, or even corresponds to the structure of any known language.

It's fascinating.
See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_A
“have i gone mad?

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:36 pm UTC

Maybe it's kinda like Moria runes vs. Erebor runes. They use the same set of characters, but corresponding to completely different Latin characters. For example, this rune:
is a G in Moria but an F in Erebor. It's very confusing...
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:40 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:

Maybe it's kinda like Moria runes vs. Erebor runes. They use the same set of characters, but corresponding to completely different Latin characters. For example, this rune:

A case of NIH?
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

waveney

Postby waveney » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:42 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Maybe it's kinda like Moria runes vs. Erebor runes. They use the same set of characters, but corresponding to completely different Latin characters. For example, this rune:

And it means left in Ottish and Monument Factory Automation runs in Hotdog. (Well I know the variable left is used in Hotdog - I wrote it in yesterdip)

Eternal Density

Molpy Up

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:50 pm UTC

I thought Dr Daniel Jackson solved Linear A.

No SwiftKey I didn't want to write 'Craig'.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

HES

Postby HES » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:58 pm UTC

So the Hotdog is Goa'uld? Perhaps we need to be worried about more than just the green safety hats getting in people's heads...
He/Him/His Image

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Re: Molpy Up

Postby AluisioASG » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:04 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:I thought Dr Daniel Jackson solved Linear A.

That's a pending promise. Just like Time 2: The Sequel: Beanies in the Neither Lands.

HES wrote:So the Hotdog is Goa'uld? Perhaps we need to be worried about more than just the green safety hats getting in people's heads...

I'd more worried if it was a Replicator. Thor knows how hard it is to get rid of the uncooperative ones...
Disclaimer: technically, I am this avatar's body is a Replicator.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:53 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:And done!
Spoiler:

I hope mrob27 gets to retro-ottify this, but I'm worried since the original is posted in the clear above.

Perfect! I mean, grapevine!

But I think mrob said he wasn't doing his retro-ottifications since he thought they were heretical.

Red Hal wrote:/tips hat.

Hiya, Red Hal! Still magically delicious, I see. And happy 1300!

ggh wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:ggh, your fence picture was treeish, and the basketBeanONG, as you call it, was absolutely wingish. But it was seeing my Dixie as a fabric redundakitty that really made me squee. :D And Dixie was excited too! (Well, ok, not really. She is a cat. She just went to sleep.) I don't know how you make those fabric colorifications, but they are so cool and so different.

P.S. Dixie says that if there's a hi res version of that pic, she would love to hang it up somewhere. And I'm pretty sure it will be my new laptop wallpaper...

Yay! So glad you liked it! Originally, I made it at that size, but looking back, I scaled the fabric textures down, so there was no reason not to make it bigger. So here is a 2.5x version that still stays within the resolution of all the textures:
Spoiler:
fabricDixieLarge.jpg
I also made a 4x version that pushes it a little on some of the fabrics, but is still within the resolution of the flowery print, and I think it holds up. Unfortunately the forum software seems to upload it and then tells me it's invalid. Maybe it's just too big to upload? It's 3mb.... If you'd like that, I'll find some other way to get it to you.

Thanks! I think this will work. It's now on my desktop. Unfortunately, I have so much crap on my desktop it's hard to see it. But it's very wingish. Aside from it being my little furball, it's just purty!
Oh, and I see waveney posted the larger version. Thanks, waveney!

Dracomax wrote:Still Waiting...(OTTification of Still Hurting, from the Last Five Years)
Spoiler:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1zV0pRcXus#t=84
OTC is over and OTC is gone
Randall's decided it's time to move on
Randall has new dreams he's building upon
And I'm still Waiting…

OTC arrived at the end of its time
Randall's convinced that the Newpix are mine
Randall is probably working just fine
And I'm still waiting…

What about TIME, Randall?
What about things
That we guessed to be true
What about you, OTC,
What about you

OTC is sure something wonderful died
Randall decides it's his right to decide
OTC's got secrets it doesn't confide
And I'm still Waiting…

Go and draw and run away
Run away, run and find something better
Go and cast the OTT away
Cast it away like it's simple
Like it's right...

Give me a dip,Randall
Bring back newpix
post them back on the site!
Maybe I'd see
How you could be
So certain that we
Could withstand the blight…

OTC is over and where can I turn?
Covered with scars I did too much to earn
Maybe there's somewhere a lesson to learn
But that wouldn't change the fact
That wouldn't speed the TIME
Once the ending’s come back
And I'm
Still Waiting…

Edit:
OH. Oh my. I fear something has gone terribly wrong. I appear to have been bizzaro'd. Does anyone have a cream to clear this up?

Steakish and endish ottifications, Dracomax! The theater company I work for did i"The Last Five Years" two years ago, but I was playing in a different show that ran at the same time, so I never got to see it. I've heard some of the songs, but don't know the show very well.

Oh, and happy 700!!. Good luck with, er, your problem.

ucim wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:Sure, it's a teeny-tiny very riverish island.
Which raises the question of what counts as a landish river.

Jose

treerific! I like that one. Hm, and what would landish mean, I wonder, especially in terms of a river? And is related to outlandish?

waveney, maybe I should send you my stats so you can tell me what I should be doing. I pretty much just pla blindly. Not much strategy involved, I'm afraid. But my newpixbots keep destroying castles, and I don't think I have the NavCode.

AluisioASG wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:
mrob27 wrote:@BlitzGirl reminds me that it would be nice if the clever-spoiler script would scroll the content so that when you click the "hide" button, it would scroll the content such that the original "show" button ends up being right where the "hide" button was. There was some discussion of this by those who (unlike me) could JavaScript their way out of a paper bag yips ago, and I think they concluded that it was kinda too hard to do.

Not really, I just did it. Now, if you want to keep track of multiple opened spoilers, then you have a problem. Hm, or maybe not. I just need to use relative offsets.

And… it's ready. Does anyone here know if Pikrass' still active?
:(
Haven't seen pikrass for a while.

HES wrote:Aww, it's the second most intelligent molpy! (First is of course mousplies, who have been running experiments on us for years)

:D HES, I can't remember if I said this already, but congratulations on 1000 posts! You're a hamply!!

Edited because I was were having trouble with my English.
Last edited by lmjb1964 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:25 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:30 pm UTC

SLONGWHONG...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:49 pm UTC

Ximenez wrote:If you see it as a foreign language, imagine all the poor molpeople who don't even know OTTish...

Yeah, somemolpy's griping about it in the Substitutions Otherthread at the moment.

ergman wrote:if land with water on the other side doesn't count as land then we are all adrift.

The sea is big.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:50 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:Wow, bummer of a decree, @AluisioASG... :( uhhh, I think I'll reverse @azule's suggestion and wield my powers as retro-paradoxical something-or-other to reflect that decree backwards through Time into

What would you have been doing if the past 24 newpix had been the world's first?

That's much better. And the answer shall have worked itself out, so no bother.
Did you say you retro decreed someone else's decree? Or something?

I thought of something funny to do if you're pope. Decree something, have people follow it. Then when the page is full, edit decree to something sillier that still works with what people contributed. Retro the following of the decree! (I have no examples, you creatives will have to figure that one out on your own.)

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

robalan

Postby robalan » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:17 pm UTC

Hello, waiters of time. I've been lurking for...a rather long time. I lurked regularly from somewhere around newpage 250 until a couple weeks past t** **d. I came back after discovering the wonderful Sandcastle Builder game through an outsider friend. Unfortunately, in my carelessness I neglected to ever export my save. After about a month, a crash of my computer took my save away. So now I come to you, fellow timewaiters, to ask if any of you happen to have an exported save that I might use to resume my game. Alternately, I'm sure I was playing very inefficiently, so some pointers as to how to get back to where I was in less than a month would also be appreciated. Thanks to the coders who are continuing the great work on the game :D To give an idea of my progress, I was generating about 2G castles/NP and 150M sand/mNP at NP500 or so.

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:27 pm UTC

azule wrote:
mrob27 wrote:Wow, bummer of a decree, @AluisioASG... :( uhhh, I think I'll reverse @azule's suggestion and wield my powers as retro-paradoxical something-or-other to reflect that decree backwards through Time into

What would you have been doing if the past 24 newpix had been the world's first?

That's much better. And the answer shall have worked itself out, so no bother.
Did you say you retro decreed someone else's decree? Or something?

I thought of something funny to do if you're pope. Decree something, have people follow it. Then when the page is full, edit decree to something sillier that still works with what people contributed. Retro the following of the decree! (I have no examples, you creatives will have to figure that one out on your own.)

You mean like making the decree "What would you name a new pet molpy?" and then changing it to "what would you name your firstborn child?"
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:42 pm UTC

Steakish OTThercomic, ED!

Treeish ottifications, Dracomax! And happy 700 posts!
Spoiler:
Happy 1300 posts, Red Hal!
Spoiler:
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”