Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - Game Over: Town Win!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Adam H

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 3: Endless Day..

Postby Adam H » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:17 pm UTC

Scum has used their 1-shot anytime Extra Kill.

Lataro has been killed. He was INDEPENDENT.

Votals have been reset. New deadline is exactly 48 hours from this post; however, an additional extension may be granted if the thanksgiving holiday week affects players' availability. I will be offline from Thursday through Sunday so I would like to end the day by Wednesday.

Votals:
Deva - 1 (mpolo)
mpolo - 1 (Xenomortis)

6 alive, 4 to hammer.

To your question before it's asked, you will not be informed about MYLO/LYLO status.
-Adam

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby dimochka » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:19 pm UTC

Vote: Deva

Partially self defense, partially because I said I'm comfortable with that vote.

I am not Galen. I am a major character, however, and one that's obviously town. I don't have any active powers. As such, if I'm wrong about Deva I will claim role first thing D3. For reasons that are not beneficial to town right now, I will not claim why I essentially know bluebambue to be town, but she knows the same for me. If needed we can both explain it D3.

EBWOP: Unvote

For now.

However, Deva would have the most to gain from Lataro being killed, as I was about to hammer.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:01 pm UTC

See? Has a lover in high places. Yay murder romance. (Boo neverending day.)

Vote: dimochka

How do you know so many people are Town on Day Two? Seems awfully good for no active powers. Outclasses a Cop, and certainly Xenomortis's Tracker/Watcher. Called Xenomortis's power more useful, strangely.

Wonders something. Will there even be a Day Three? Stands to lose a lot of people simultaneously. Never ruled out Cult.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

Xenomortis
Not actually a special flower.

Postby Xenomortis » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:24 pm UTC

Two weeks for a single day...

Anyway, 6 alive.
I think the most likely "pessimistic" scenario is 4/2, which means we're at MYLO.
LYLO requires another independent for 3/2/1 (If it's 4/2 with a cult, it's also LYLO).

We should not rush this lynch.

bluebambue
An der schönen blauen Donau

Postby bluebambue » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:39 pm UTC

Deva/dim, who has dim claimed they know about?

1. wam
2. Deva -See below
4. mpolo - Lataro being indy makes my
6. Xenomortis - has correct info
7. dimochka - I know info that increases their towniness in my eyes

I'm guessing, unless there's a cult, that we have 1 scum left. If we have two then we would have started at 5/3/1, which seems harsh.
So I think we're at 5/1 or maaaybe 4/1/1.

I'm going to

The use of the 1 shot kill seems like it was a desperate move, either by Deva or by scum. With my hypothesis that there is only one scum left, they could be the one who is lover's with Deva and this was the only way to save themselves. The season 3/4 spoiler proposed reasonable flavor basis for this as well (note, I have not seen the applicable episodes, so could be being misled).

Deva

Postby Deva » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:02 pm UTC

bluebambue wrote:Deva/dim, who has dim claimed they know about?

You and Xenomortis.
dimochka wrote:For reasons that are not beneficial to town right now, I will not claim why I essentially know bluebambue to be town

dimochka wrote:If push comes to shove, I'd rather have Xeno stay alive than me. His power is more useful in my opinion.

Said it less explicitly for Xenomortis. Why would you sacrifice yourself for anything less than guaranteed Town, though?

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:14 pm UTC

The kill seems to have benefited Deva more than anyone. I have ulterior reasons to trust several others. Deva seems to be the least trustworthy.
Image <-- Evil experiment

Deva

Postby Deva » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:26 pm UTC

Trusted Lataro too. Turned out well.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:57 am UTC

Well, since I'm only worried about Cylons, I am in fact not all too concerned about having trusted Lataro… I did have a sense of non-towniness from him, so I'm feeling pretty happy about this.

On the other hand, scum could have used their kill to harden the lines against Deva, because they know that the lover mechanism isn't going to cause them problems. I'm really hoping that the lover mechanism takes out the last Cylon, though it is still possible they got a recruit in last night.

Is it likely that scum had only that single kill, and all the rest works over recruitment?
Image <-- Evil experiment

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:47 pm UTC

I'm guessing that the only reason for it to be stated like that is if it were a one-time power.
Also, I think it's safe to say that I am not scum as I would've just hammered instead of killing off someone randomly, and saved this for another time. Which makes Deva's vote on me fairly unreasonable.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:15 pm UTC

Votals:
Deva - 2 (mpolo, bluebambue)
mpolo - 1 (Xenomortis)
dimochka - 1 (Deva)

4 to hammer. Deadline in 26 hours.
-Adam

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:18 pm UTC

I see no reason to delay this.

EBWOP: Wheee third vote! I must be scum.

wam

Postby wam » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:57 pm UTC

Still not mentally with it.

Deva is looking bad for two reasons

1) lataro's death seems like a hail mary play
2) Deva and blue were the active ones when it was submitted to guess is one of those two. , was going to vote but don't want to hammer

Xeno is now tied as my second choice with blue.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

Deva

Postby Deva » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

dimochka wrote:Also, I think it's safe to say that I am not scum as I would've just hammered instead of killing off someone randomly, and saved this for another time. Which makes Deva's vote on me fairly unreasonable.

Stated this already. Voted for Cult, not Mafia. How is that unreasonable? Believes that you did not kill Lataro. Loves strong, murderous types (…probably). Does not go in for skulking, hooded meanies.

Also, who would hammer unexpectedly with seven people left (at the time)? Or did you mean a different lynch?

@Hammerer: Sees the graffiti on the wall. Requests some flourish with your vote. How often do you get to hammer?

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:11 pm UTC

this may have been answered already - is it possible that Lataro was cult or would cult show as scum?

Deva

Postby Deva » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:24 am UTC

So...Tea Party? Should wait until the end. Found time now, though. Consider it the Pre-Tea Party.

Do you like your role? Would you take it again or trade it for another? (And what role, if the latter?)

Enjoyed this one. Suited (some) personal tastes more than most. Received Cally too. Played her in the board game occasionally. Would probably pick this role again.

Sip tea

Oh, right. Encourages vague replies. Continues playing until the moderator's say-so. Should not affect the game. Please do not feel obligated to answer. Savor the tea, if you desire. Rest while able. Endured a long day and technical issues.

Deva

Postby Deva » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:02 pm UTC

Sip tea

Never could find a decent cup of tea onboard here. Waters it down heavily. Where did this come from? Magic, of course.

Sip tea

Deva

Postby Deva » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:15 pm UTC

Almost time. Will leave this with everyone. Remember: Locker 218. 29-11-42. Check under the false bottom.

Adam H

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - N2: So... tired...

Postby Adam H » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:20 pm UTC

End of Day 2

Votals:
Deva - 3 (mpolo, bluebambue, dimochka)
mpolo - 1 (Xenomortis)
dimochka - 1 (Deva)

Deva has been lynched and is dead. Faction and role will be revealed tomorrow.

Night 2 begins now, and will end no later than exactly 6 days from now (Monday morning in the states).
-Adam

Adam H

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D3: The Watchtower

Postby Adam H » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:42 pm UTC

Day 3

Spoiler:
The tribunal found what seemed to be damning evidence against a woman claiming to be Callandra Henderson. One by one, they raised their hands to condemn her to death. In a panicked state, the blonde woman snatched a sidearm from a soldier standing nearby and shot a member of the tribunal. It was Gaius Baltar, the respected Doctor who has been working on the ship's only Cylon Detector. He looked down at his bloody chest in horror, and fell backward as his eyes glazed over in death.

"Gaius!" The blonde gasped in horror. "Oh god what have I done?!"

The tribunal instantly ordered her arrest, and she was put in an airlock as quickly as possible. She pressed her hand against the glass and stared without fear at the Galactica soldiers. Through the hiss of the intercom, the humans heard her say, "You think you can kill me? You can't kill a Cylon. I'll come back. And I'll kill you all."

Before she could mutter another threat, the airlock was opened, and she was violently pulled back into the abyss of space.

The timer in the CIC beeps. 33 minutes is up. Commander Adama orders Gaeta to ready the jump coordinates. Starbuck - who has taken the late Colonel Tigh's post as XO – orders the weary pilots to prepare the Vipers for launch.

But the Cylons never come. Tense minutes pass. Slowly, the crew starts to murmur excitedly. It appears that the ever-present threat has passed! Adama orders the crew to stay vigilant through the night, but the mood aboard the Galactica and throughout the entire fleet is that of intense relief. The civilian ships spend the night throwing extravagant parties, celebrating life.

Until morning comes. Helo has been found dead in the supply closet. Who could have done this? Could it be that there is still a Cylon aboard the Galactica?

The tribunal reforms, hopefully for the last time.

Cjquines was Cylon Model Number 1. He was the Cylon Mastermind.
Lataro was Dr. Gaius Baltar. He was an independent Survivor and a Sane Cop.
Deva was Cylon Model Number 6. She was a Knowledgeable Cylon Backup.
Mpolo has been killed during the night. He was Karl "Helo" Agathon, a Cultblocker and a Roleblocker.

4 players remain. 3 votes to hammer. Deadline is set tentatively for 8 days from now. If the game appears to stall out, I'll shorten Day 3; there would be at least 24 hours warning before any new deadline.
-Adam

bluebambue

Postby bluebambue » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:05 pm UTC

Players left
1. wam
5. bluebambue
6. Xenomortis
7. dimochka

Today is probably the last day, so I'm thinking it's full claim time. Anyone disagree?

Xenomortis

Postby Xenomortis » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:23 pm UTC

Meh, I was wrong with cjquines being a SK.

wam, dim, blue and myself.
This is either 3v1 or 2v1v1, with 3v1 being the most likely.
But it's possible the final scum is not connected to the Deva and cjquines. Although flavour might get a bit weird, since we'd still be looking for a Cylon (according to town win-con).

If it weren't for the 50% miller thing earlier, I'd be happy to accept wam as town. Lataro had a sudden reversal regarding him N1 and has flipped Cop. But it seems odd to cop someone that has the word miller floating around them.
As is, I'm uncertain.

dim lead the final charge against Deva - a strange thing to do right off the bat if they're your scum mates. It's possible he figured it'd be a good way to score some townie points and look great at end game, but that strikes me as a little far fetched.
He positioned himself against Deva quite a bit yesterday too - more than just scum distancing themselves.

blue's claimed that she will die at the end of today.
This means we cannot No-Lynch, since we'd go into night 2v1.

wam wrote:Xeno is now tied as my second choice with blue.

Why?

dimochka wrote:I am not Galen. I am a major character, however, and one that's obviously town. I don't have any active powers. As such, if I'm wrong about Deva I will claim role first thing D3. For reasons that are not beneficial to town right now, I will not claim why I essentially know bluebambue to be town, but she knows the same for me. If needed we can both explain it D3.

I shouldn't have to explain why now is a good time to tell.
If you and blue can confirm each other as town, that leaves my vote quite clear.
But I note that you're not dead, which I would have expected from someone who said they could confirm someone as town.
Then again, mpolo was quite powerful.

bluebambue wrote:Today is probably the last day, so I'm thinking it's full claim time. Anyone disagree?

I'm inclined to agree. Although I'd like to agree on an order. Personally, I'd prefer wam to go first, but if you and dim could clarify what dim mentioned yesterday, that'd be fine too.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:28 pm UTC

I trust blue to be town. As such, I'm perfectly fine with claiming and will do so at whatever order she thinks is best.

I would prefer wam claiming before xeno. I don't care at which point I claim (before/between/after you two) as long as wam's claim is before xeno's. I'm seriously not sure of who to vote for.

bluebambue

Postby bluebambue » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:26 pm UTC

I think the claim order should be:
1. wam
2. Xeno
3/4. Dim and/or me (don't care about the order here).

wam

Postby wam » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:00 pm UTC

Well role is already out there.

Powers

Genearl power is listner, i don't get conversations just knowldege that they were chatting at night.

N1 I targetted lataro, found out he didn't talk to anyone hence why I backed off on day 2.

Other power was a 1 shot reflect of all powers instead

I used this last night as I was worried about being NK'd and I figured out that with CJ being scum the odds of people chatting had gone down.

I would alos agree that 3/1 is the most likely. as 2/1/1 would have required 3 starting anti town (or a recruit of some kind) and 2 indys which with 9 plyaers would have had us starting at 3/2/4 And I doubt adam would have done that. There is a chance we have a cult and are at 2/2 but for some reason we haven't lost...

Given that the odds are for 3/1 and thats MYLO do we want to think about a NL? Or is the risk that we have other roles too high?

Xenomortis wrote: wam wrote:Xeno is now tied as my second choice with blue.

Why?

Honestly at the moment I can't remember as my brain was fried last week I will have a look back and see why I thought that.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:22 pm UTC

What was the result of your listener power n2?

Also, as xeno mentioned, NLing means we lose as Roslin would die from cancer.

wam

Postby wam » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:53 pm UTC

It was one or the other so I sacrificed it when I used the reflect.

ANd oh had missed that somehow so yeah NL is definatly not an option.

wam

Postby wam » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:55 pm UTC

Althought the paranoid part of my brain has now gone wow that would be a really interesting scum claim....

wam

Postby wam » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:45 pm UTC

@ XENO Due to the fact that two town watcher/trackers seems wrong to me for a game this size.

And Xeno your turn to full claim (I know you have claimed a power and I think a role name Duala?) But anything you want to add?

Xenomortis

Postby Xenomortis » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:59 pm UTC

Honestly, I'd prefer dim and blue claim (or at least one of them) before I do.
I did use my power last night and do have a result, and I'd like to keep people honest.

wam

Postby wam » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:37 pm UTC

That post looks awfully suspicious to me for several reasons

1) It looks like you want to make sure your claim is believed
2) From the tone you have someone to accuse and in MYLO that is a common gambit
3) You should have mentioned that earlier when you said you didn't mind.

But lets see.

wam

Postby wam » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:39 pm UTC

EBWOP

To clarify point 2
2) From the tone you have someone to accuse and in MYLO that is a common gambit and by waiting to last you can make sure that it is not counteracted by anyone else's claim.

bluebambue

Postby bluebambue » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:24 pm UTC

Xenomortis wrote:If you and blue can confirm each other as town, that leaves my vote quite clear.

I also think it's inconsistent with this.

Xenomortis

Postby Xenomortis » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:01 pm UTC

wam wrote:And Xeno your turn to full claim (I know you have claimed a power and I think a role name Duala?) But anything you want to add?

I full claimed yesterday. The only thing left is last nights results, which I've deliberately held so far.
For reference: I alternate between watching and tracking (I watched mpolo N1 and saw blue visit him) and "fake" the other action.

wam wrote:3) You should have mentioned that earlier when you said you didn't mind.

I don't recall saying that; only asking you go first. I wouldn't have minded dim going first, but I prefer that you did.

wam wrote:2) From the tone you have someone to accuse and in MYLO that is a common gambit and by waiting to last you can make sure that it is not counteracted by anyone else's claim.

AFAIK, I'm the only one with a power that could make scum hesitate in false claiming a night action (I successfully tracked someone).
And blue's insistence I go before her struck me as a little odd, given how easy-going dim was (the two appear to form some kind of pair).

And I didn't really think me going last would prove so controversial, given the established restrictions on anything I could claim (a single watcher result).

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:55 pm UTC

Busy at work so quick claim. I'm Starbuck. I only have one power that I can use, and i wouldn't exactly call it an active power. This is most likely endgame so I can claim it, but just in case blue for some reason does not want it revealed (the danger of revealing her power is the only reason I refrained from talking about mine), I'll let her claim it for me. Other than that power, I don't have anything else.

Alternatively if blue says I can full claim, I'll do so.

bluebambue

Postby bluebambue » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:00 pm UTC

I want to see what Xeno claims first.

Since dim can back up my claim and everyone agrees we almost certainly don't have a pair of scum left, my claim is not going to be controversial.

Xenomortis

Postby Xenomortis » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:04 pm UTC

I can't accuse anyone of anything.
I tracked wam and got a result that matches my actions (my targeted visited wam and blue, which was what I did), so his reflect claim seems to be truthful.

bluebambue

Postby bluebambue » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:52 pm UTC

OK,

As already claimed: I am President Lara Roslin and will die on day 3

I am also a mason recruiter and can chat with my group at night. I started the game with dim in my group and know via the mod that they are Starbuck.
Night 1 I successfully recruited mpolo and sent an introductory note to him.
Night 2 I attempted to recruite wam and was unsuccessful, likely due to their reflect.

Xenomortis wrote: (my targeted visited wam and blue, which was what I did), so his reflect claim seems to be truthful.
Your target (ie you?) visited me?

Xenomortis

Postby Xenomortis » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:01 pm UTC

Yes, as the "pretend" part of my power. I have no results regarding you, but anyone tracking me would see me visit two people.

Well, masons aren't town by default, and your death claim puts us on an awkward clock.

bluebambue

Postby bluebambue » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:38 pm UTC

Yeah, I do not trust dim 100% and I can see why you don't trust me 100%.

Return to “Mafia”