1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:35 pm UTC

HES wrote:I suppose things are different when you can't drive from one end of the country to the other in 6 nopix.

Indeed - 6 nopix barely got me across one state! And I've got another two nopix of driving before I reach the actual location of Thanksgiving dinner in the next state over. I also appreciate the redundancy of the holiday, since I get to meet with my father's side of the family over Thanksgiving, and my mother's side over Christmas. (Of course, now U.S. Thanksgiving is becoming a sort of pre-Christmas holiday anyway, at least on the retail side of things.)

Good travels to everymolpy this wip, particularly those of you on the east side of the U.S. dealing with storms and such. Most of my family are westerners and thankfully have avoided the bad weather, though I do have a cousin in D.C. flying out todip who will probably have delays.

Edit: Oh, ch*rp, Mome.
Optional decree:
How do you do your holidaying on the Outside?
And I wonder if the Cueganites or Beanies have any such traditions...

Edit 2: Heh, I got to see my old DoN boost turn into "Monty Hall Problem" when I upgraded SB.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Get-away-with-punning dip

Postby HES » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:59 pm UTC

They like to time exams such that my holidaying is spent revisingketchupping. As for the Cueganites, there's National Sandcastle Dip, Bring your Daughter to Yurt Dip, Thwappsgiving, Beanmass, Lucky's Birthday, Lucky's Official Birthday, and the old favourite, the ONG.

I need to OTTify something but I keep getting distracted...
He/Him/His Image

azule
Saved

Re: FTFrtzaxdoerp5l;./

Postby azule » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:11 pm UTC

waveney wrote:<snipped code fun/>

It's todips Othercomic.
Hah hah! That comic is verging on true for me on my github. I'm making version titles more witty each version. Maybe HAAAANDS is in my future?

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

BlitzGirl

Re: Get-away-with-punning dip

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:43 pm UTC

HES wrote:As for the Cueganites, there's National Sandcastle Dip, Bring your Daughter to Yurt Dip, Thwappsgiving, Beanmass, Lucky's Birthday, Lucky's Official Birthday, and the old favourite, the ONG.

Another good thing about Thanksgiving is that it is not really a scrumptious donut sort of holidip. :wink:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:16 pm UTC

An of course, the day before Thanksgiving is National Baking Day, the day when Americans everywhere buy ingredients, warm up their ovens, and start pouring the pie crusts.
An amusing anecdote, I recently visited a temporal plane where the inhabitants of one country celebrated Pranksgiving. Needless to say, it's a pretty entertaining event.

Hey ED, I have Stickbot, Recursivebot, Standardbot, Flingbot, Climbbot, Propbot, and Surfbot, but I'm only getting 4 castles from my newpixbots? I didn't think the navigation code removed all the bot boosts.

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:36 pm UTC

newpixbot wrote:GUOFONG...
Spoiler:

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Is it ...
Spoiler:
Supermolpy?
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:26 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
newpixbot wrote:GUOFONG...
Spoiler:

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Is it ...
Spoiler:
Supermolpy?

Wait ... there's three of them, so they can't be Supermolpy.

Oh no, these evil superraptors must have escaped the phantom zone:
Spoiler:

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:30 pm UTC

LONGLEVILLE...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:36 pm UTC

Okay, there's more than three. I think the mysteryONGs are safe from superraptors.

When all other options have been exhausted, what remains must be true.
Spoiler:
They're hill people in wingsuits.

HES

Postby HES » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:38 pm UTC

That's a dangerous amount of supermolpies. I wonder if scrumptious doughnuts work as kryptonite?
He/Him/His Image

Eternal Density

Were my BTTF refs too subtle?

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:38 pm UTC

Which of the Raptors is Starbuck's?
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:27 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Which of the Raptors is Starbuck's?
Didn't the star buck go past several ongs ago?

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Re: BTTF refs too subtle? Is that possible?

Postby slinches » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:34 pm UTC

Huh? a flying coffee(semencancerbabiesonice) shop? That should go well with the scrumptious donuts, anyway.

Oh wait, now I recognize them. It's DrSamCarter and friends in their X-302s chasing down some death gliders.

And for the mome:
The slinches family usually all gets together, goes out to a nearby river and has Thanksgiving dinner outside. We play games like football, bags, bocce and the like as we're preparing the food. Although, this year we're all hanging out at my parent's place and having an early(er than normal) dinner so we can visit my brother's finacee's family as well.

I imagine the Cueganites all gather for one big feast with roasted turkeyraptor and all the fixin's. Everyone's there enjoying each other's company and the excellent, but always slightly oversalted fare. Of course, they're all armed with thwapsticks to guard against raptorcat attacks. (And in the case they need to be used, they have raptorcat steaks as well).

The Beanies on the other hand have much more formal rites with ceremonies involving traditional songs and the repetetive doffing and donning of their beanies. This is followed by a gathering of immediate family in their homes where they privately give thanks for all of their blessings and the wise guidance of Rosetta. And finally there's a large gathering with much food and drink and merriment, which is enjoyed by all except Rosetta herself who quietly sneaks away at the first opportunity to conitinue poring over her books and maps and tend to tomorrow's business.

ergman

Postby ergman » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:57 pm UTC

I don`t do anything on thanksgiving because I live in Canada. We had our own thanksgiving a few weeks ago, though we still didn`t do anything.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

HES

Crimson Arachniraptors Cometh

Postby HES » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:23 pm UTC

Uh oh...

+M420
Last edited by HES on Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:40 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
He/Him/His Image

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Re: Red Spidermolpies cometh

Postby slinches » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:36 pm UTC

HES wrote:Uh oh...

Spoiler:

126+M420

Neat OTTercomic, but Red Spidermolpies? I thought those would be Crimson Arachniraptors. At least I find many arachnids to be raptorish. Especially, these.

HES

Postby HES » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:41 pm UTC

Duly fixed Image
He/Him/His Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:16 pm UTC

After todip's ketchup I now understand a bit more about Thanksgiving. Over here, since we don't have Thanksgiving, it's all rolled into one at Christmas. The whole family gathering, big meal with turkey etc. I guess for that reason Christmas is more of a big deal over here since it's not just a religious holiday, it's celebrated by pretty much everyone in a thanksgiving-ish way. Dracomax's Thanksgiving description pretty much describes our Christmas:
Dracomax wrote:Basically, it is a combination of Harvest festivals, religious and secular celebrations of those things we have to be thankful for, and secular tradition, with a bit of outdated mythology thrown in.

Of course, we OTTers celebrate Randallmas on October 17th, with our New Yip celebrations on March 25th.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

HES

Re: 8--> "Time"

Postby HES » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:27 pm UTC

+ Dialogue from M985,1004,1005. This is what the first part of not flying looks like.
Last edited by HES on Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:09 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
He/Him/His Image

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:49 pm UTC

Neat mashup + the one I see in preview, HES. Slinches, your link scares me so I didn't read it.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

HES

Postby HES » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:06 am UTC

azule wrote:Neat mashup + the one I see in preview, HES. Slinches, your link scares me so I didn't read it.

It's fine, they're not even the largest spider in the UK... (These are.)

You probably don't want to open this spoiler.
Spoiler:
BlitzGirl, how are you with arachniraptors?

yappobiscuits wrote:After todip's ketchup I now understand a bit more about Thanksgiving. Over here, since we don't have Thanksgiving, it's all rolled into one at Christmas.

Yeah, this is why I asked. I've learned a lot from this place 8-)

yappobiscuits wrote:Of course, we OTTers celebrate Randallmas on October 17th
Nah, let's take the usual approach and hijack a completely unrelated festival. How's the 5th of November?
yappobiscuits wrote:with our New Yip celebrations on March 25th.
At least I'll find out how all the kids born on Christmas feel.
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:30 am UTC

GLONGARRY...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

ucim

Re: 8--> "Time"

Postby ucim » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:33 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Of course, we OTTers celebrate Randallmas on October 17th, with our New Yip celebrations on March 25th.
What is this heresy? I've never heard of "New Yip"; we celebrate the Beginning of Time on 1 Innocence, and although 11 Voyage is reported to be the birthdix of a certain Great Lord whose name I am not worthy to utter (and has somehow missed being placed on the Ecclesiatical Calendar, something that will be fixed at the next High Council Meeting) look - it's been there all along! :) , I've never heard of this "October" thing.

HES wrote:Image
+ Dialogue from M985,1004,1005. This is what the first part of not flying looks like.
Ch*rpin' treeish otty! I especially like the mouseover.

Jose
Last edited by ucim on Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:11 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

Eternal Density

I think my BTTF refs have been erased.

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:41 am UTC

slinches wrote:

Huh? a flying coffee(semencancerbabiesonice) shop? That should go well with the scrumptious donuts, anyway.

Oh wait, now I recognize them. It's DrSamCarter and friends in their X-302s chasing down some death gliders.
Starbuck in a Raptor and Dr Sam Carter in an x-302 aren't all that different, they're both from TV shows with 'Star' in their name :D
HES wrote:Image

Steakish! Especially the subtitle.
HES wrote:You probably don't want to open this spoiler.
Spoiler:
BlitzGirl, how are you with arachniraptors?
Treeishly seaish!

ETA:

I posted this to the git commit thread, but I think it may be fun reading here too:

Spoiler:
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:48 am UTC

Mikeski wrote:[Munch]
APP? I think "Days are Numbers (The Traveller)" works better. Second verse & chorus:

The traveller awaits the morning tide/He doesn't know what's on the other side/But something deep inside of him/Keeps telling him to go/He hasn't found a reason to say no

The traveller is only passing through/He cannot understand your point of view/Abandoning reality, unsure of what he'll find/The traveller in me is close behind

Days are numbers/Watch the stars/We can only see so far/Someday, you'll know where you are

What fantastic lyrics!

(In the simultaneously delighted and smug voice of Renal Bloodscalp: "Yes, I'm still here!")

I, Schrödinger's Gingercat, got caught in a damned Outsider Time Warp for a while that simply couldn't decide whether it existed or not. I fought my way free of multilarity and have returned! ...Uh, again!
I am Schrödinger's Gingercat.

Eternal Density

Hotdog etc

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:02 am UTC

Code: Select all

## 3.186
- Such Glass fix - waveney
- Seaish Upgrade 100% sand usage prevented - waveney
- Goat badge was mispelled
- Renamed MHP upon TFMurphy's suggestion
- Fixed goat icon
- Price Protection wait time is configurable
- Keygrinder icon fix
- Dragon Wisdom typo fix (thanks again TFMurphy)
- Improved discounts from ASHF are now boosts that are available from the Department after you earn the corresponding badges

Gingercat wrote:
I, Schrödinger's Gingercat, got caught in a damned Outsider Time Warp for a while that simply couldn't decide whether it existed or not. I fought my way free of multilarity and have returned! ...Uh, again!
If you look at the git-related image in my previous post above, you'll see your name is mentioned!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:22 am UTC

Awesomeful OTTercomics, HES! :mrgreen: The second one is especially hilarious!

slinches wrote:I imagine the Cueganites all gather for one big feast with roasted turkeyraptor and all the fixin's. Everyone's there enjoying each other's company and the excellent, but always slightly oversalted fare. Of course, they're all armed with thwapsticks to guard against raptorcat attacks. (And in the case they need to be used, they have raptorcat steaks as well).

The Beanies on the other hand have much more formal rites with ceremonies involving traditional songs and the repetetive doffing and donning of their beanies. This is followed by a gathering of immediate family in their homes where they privately give thanks for all of their blessings and the wise guidance of Rosetta. And finally there's a large gathering with much food and drink and merriment, which is enjoyed by all except Rosetta herself who quietly sneaks away at the first opportunity to continue poring over her books and maps and tend to tomorrow's business.

Love this! Image
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Hi BlitzGirl! (Hi mrobdexifier!)

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:36 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
slinches wrote:I imagine the Cueganites all gather for one big feast with roasted turkeyraptor and all the fixin's. Everyone's there enjoying each other's company and the excellent, but always slightly oversalted fare. Of course, they're all armed with thwapsticks to guard against raptorcat attacks. (And in the case they need to be used, they have raptorcat steaks as well).

The Beanies on the other hand have much more formal rites with ceremonies involving traditional songs and the repetetive doffing and donning of their beanies. This is followed by a gathering of immediate family in their homes where they privately give thanks for all of their blessings and the wise guidance of Rosetta. And finally there's a large gathering with much food and drink and merriment, which is enjoyed by all except Rosetta herself who quietly sneaks away at the first opportunity to continue poring over her books and maps and tend to tomorrow's business.

Love this! Image
Seconded!

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:40 am UTC

HES wrote:Nah, let's take the usual approach and hijack a completely unrelated festival. How's the 5th of November?

But who can remember that?
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Eternal Density

Emergency Hotdog

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:58 am UTC

A vital function was compromised:

## 3.1861
- Math, it needs a capital letter!

and another didn't work:

## 3.1862 changelog
- Alias, not Aka! (fixes gold and silver card)

ETA because crashing:

## 3.1863
- Wasn't using the alias for the cards everywhere (ACTUALLY fixes gold and silver card)
Last edited by Eternal Density on Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:22 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

DrSamCarter

Re: Emergency Hotdog

Postby DrSamCarter » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:15 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:A vital function was compromised:

## 3.1861

Maths ... it needs an s on the end! :D

Eternal Density

MINI hotdot!

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:22 am UTC

DrSamCarter wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:A vital function was compromised:

## 3.1861

Maths ... it needs an s on the end! :D
Tell that to the people who wrote the Javascript spec :(

Now, get back to your Astrophysic!

ETA

everyone remember the '7 little words' games I was making a while back? Where here's another.

re som ru et an bay fou ful rch xkc das wi lv efo kia me hin dd it twe ms goo dti gle et hn gaw

Category is "top 7 Sandcastle Builder referrers".
lengths:
Spoiler:

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:30 am UTC

TOPSTITCHONGS...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:39 am UTC

OutsideH thankfully allowed me to stay ketched up, but I couldn't manage to note down meticulously the names of all the OTTers with treeish OTThercomics, short stories, and especially the various postiversaries. So I'll shout out a "Baobabs!" to all y'all, and a round of cake:
Spoiler:

Happy Thanksgiving, everymolpy!

For the mome: I'll celebrate Thanksgiving for the first time this year, so I'm really looking forward to this experience. Thanks to the OTT I'm already well informed!
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

kitnoki

Postby kitnoki » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:59 am UTC

Newpage 750 of 1635

Not a proper signpost, for I must coma.:( This will be edited later.
Wait well, everyone.

:( I felt bad not leaving something though.

Eternal Density

Hi.

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:17 am UTC

kitnoki wrote:Newpage 750 of 1635

Not a proper signpost, for I must coma.:( This will be edited later.
Wait well, everyone.

:( I felt bad not leaving something though.

This is something. Riverish, but something.

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:30 am UTC

GRIEVONGLY...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:34 am UTC

Noooooo 503's!

I thought the forum was fixed?
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, Vytron, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:08 am UTC

Thanks for the signpost, kitnoki! :)

Spoiler for Eternal Density:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Hotdog Cosmetics

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:02 pm UTC

Here's something for the hotdog which I'm cooking up:
http://imgur.com/a/WW53h
BlitzGirl wrote:Thanks for the signpost, kitnoki! :)

Spoiler for Eternal Density:
Spoiler:
Squee, so cute!

In other news I own a fedora as of todip.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”