1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

HES

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HES » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:56 pm UTC

azule wrote:Edit: Congrats, SBN, on being my post-number-mate (1038), as well as forum-title-mates (Saved)!!

And, you both joined on the 26th of the mip!

BlitzGirl wrote:All is not molpish with me - it seems my laptop's hard drive has finally given up the ghost, which is extremely endish.

Oh no :( Mine gave up a few wips back, but thankfully I had OTTish levels of redundancy. (I have other drives, so while I'm down on space and have lost some data, at least my computer still runs)
I know how chirped it can be otting by phone, but how will we ever beat the mustard without BlitzGirl?
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am UTC

COSHERONGS...

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:52 am UTC

HES wrote:
azule wrote:Edit: Congrats, SBN, on being my post-number-mate (1038), as well as forum-title-mates (Saved)!!

BlitzGirl wrote:All is not molpish with me - it seems my laptop's hard drive has finally given up the ghost, which is extremely endish.

Oh no :( Mine gave up a few wips back, but thankfully I had OTTish levels of redundancy. (I have other drives, so while I'm down on space and have lost some data, at least my computer still runs)
I know how chirped it can be otting by phone, but how will we ever beat the mustard without BlitzGirl?

We've done it before, and we can do it again! Just keep molping around and OTTifying everything in sight, and we should be fine.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:53 am UTC

Your use of the word finally implies it might not have helped you, but I've become a huge believer in third party warranties. (I use Square Trade, but there are others.) Computers fixed, or purchase price refunded, even the one that died in a gravity surge. Still a pain, especially if you haven't made backups, but less costly than going without (or buying the warranty pushed on you by the store.)

HES wrote:

It's all related! (But now I can't post until my twin posts again.)
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Re: I move from flash, you move to it

Postby AluisioASG » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:58 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Greetings, fellow OTTers. Hope all is molpish with you. All is not molpish with me - it seems my laptop's hard drive has finally given up the ghost, which is extremely endish. I have a couple more things I want to try, but I'm pretty sure it's chirped. Can't really afford a replacement right now, unfortunately, so I'm reduced to phone-otting for the foreseeable future...and I'm not very skilled at that.

Buy a cheap flash drive and turn it into an Ubuntu live USB. You can even persist your customizations if you want. Then you can keep otting (with Firefox, I think; maybe Chromium) and drawing (with GIMP). You can even try to salvage some files from the HD (if it still spins).
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

HES

Postby HES » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:29 am UTC

SBN wrote:

Your use of the word finally implies it might not have helped you, but I've become a huge believer in third party warranties. (I use Square Trade, but there are others.) Computers fixed, or purchase price refunded, even the one that died in a gravity surge. Still a pain, especially if you haven't made backups, but less costly than going without (or buying the warranty pushed on you by the store.)

I take it the US doesn't have the luxury of a two year warranty as standard, then.
He/Him/His Image

adnapemit

Postby adnapemit » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:34 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:On this fine morning (well, morning in some places), I have a new Generic Non-branded Red Wool Winter Hat, fresh from the DragonDashery!

For adnapemit and her small, brainsucking friend,

Thankyou! They fit perfectly and look seasonally awesomeful. This red pandamolypy is one happy customer and recomends the use of the wonderful DragonDashery to everyone.

azule wrote:adnapemit, is your brainslug getting brainslugs, or are those hats? Are hats how you take down brainslugs? Probably only tiny hats (because Neil's hat is covering one and is not small).

I do hope they are hats. Hats may be the key to fighting brainslugs since the pumpkin hats were quite effective but for this particular brainslug although apparenly harmless, immobile and innactive since it changed colour and became frozen also seems to be unnaffected by anything. I fear it is possibly immortal(if it is not already dead).
Empress adnapemit "Nancy" "Time Panda"
[adnapemit|timepanda]
Does anyone actually read signatures?

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:35 am UTC

HES wrote:
SBN wrote:

I take it the US doesn't have the luxury of a two year warranty as standard, then.

Most places will give you the option of some kind of warranty, but it usually isn't that long (just long enough for it to break right after it expires) and costs quite a bit on top of the base price.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:50 am UTC

So, there I was just going along minding my own business, when WHAM! the Outside ran up behind me, tackled me and carried me off. I finally got away, but it took a wip (but not a whip). It's taken me a few dips just to write this response to page 1628:
BlitzGirl wrote:Yay, I get to follow the decree! Our dear lmjb is one of the hidden heroines of the OTT, who always thinks the best of everymolpy else and doesn't seem to realize how truly talented she is. She likes music and meowlpies and Mardi Gras (that last I'm just guessing) and always has something positive to say even when other OTTers are feeling endish. Oh, and she defends against the constant raptor and zombie threats to this needle-pulled thing. :D

This...I...you... I don't know what to say. Think I'll have to steal this from Lu:
AluisioASG wrote:J By the way, lmjb1964:

Thank you.

(Has anyone solved Akuisio's riddle yet?)

What is the Otherskycircle Balthasar works on? Has he moved on from the moon to some other planet? Do they have bicycles there? I see he has a hat now.

All around, 1628 was a good page. Pelrigg is back, and he had nice words for me too. Thanks, pelrigg! I wonder if you've tried to explain your absence yet? Nice OTTcolor!

Can't remember if I've said hi to kinoki yet. Hi, kitnoki!

And to sehwho! So cool to still see new faces.

It was nice to see slinches. I'm sure others have said this already, but it's treeish to see people post even if they're just posting to say hi. It's so funny, when I hear someone else say they feel bad because they feel like they don't post enough creative stuff, my immediate reaction is, "Silly molpy! We just like to see you!" But then I'm often the silly molpy who's worried that I'm not contributing enough. :D

taixzo wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:
azule wrote:I'm worried about losing more members. Facebook gobbled some up (but maybe they would have otherwise not posted either?)

I'm certain nobody left because of the FB group. Sure, there are some people who don't post here any more who still hang around there from time to time, but if we didn't have the FB group I'm pretty certain they'd just not be posting anywhere.

I still haven't joined the facebook group, because Facebook doesn't let you sign up without selecting a gender.

I know others have said this, but I think it's more likely that FB gives OTTers who have been overtaken by the Outside a way to stay connected.

OK, I'm off to labor in the pit again. I hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving/Hanukkah/Thursdip.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

HES

Re: 1190: "Hi lmjb!"

Postby HES » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:53 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:Most places will give you the option of some kind of warranty, but it usually isn't that long (just long enough for it to break right after it expires) and costs quite a bit on top of the base price.

We still get the retailers trying to push expensive warranties/insurance schemes/"technical support" on us, but there's a lovely bit of EU legislation that makes them unnecessary.
He/Him/His Image

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:16 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:(Has anyone solved Lu's riddle yet?)

No, and I'm considering stopping posting until someone does.

lmjb1964 wrote:But then I'm often the silly molpy who's worried that I'm not contributing enough. :D

Stop trying to compare yourself with BlitzGirl. That can help. After all…

Spoiler:
I'm considering hanging Storm on a wall. I'm just not sure whether to hang the paper version or the canvas version. Suggestions?
graph.png
Selecting new quote…

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:47 am UTC

I don't know what you said in your spoiler, Aluisio. Also, I tried your puzzle and could not depuzzle it. I stared at the letters, trying to math.base it and nothing happened. Sorry, not sure what else to do.

SBN wrote:
HES wrote:

Well, a few things. 2yips 8mips difference. And your name is all caps, mine all mins. Yours 3 letters, mine 5. Mine a word, yours initials. Your av a dog, mine a fox (conveniently both part of the canine family?).

Code: Select all

azule
 SBN

There must be some sort of posting cadence we can travel along using the above information. Like, I post, then we both post for 3 posts, then I post. I dunno. lol.

AluisioASG wrote:

Buy a cheap flash drive and turn it into an Ubuntu live USB. You can even persist your customizations if you want. Then you can keep otting (with Firefox, I think; maybe Chromium) and drawing (with GIMP). You can even try to salvage some files from the HD (if it still spins).
I can't believe I didn't think of that. I pretty much lived off of a stick for a while. Yes, you can have all of the above, and more. I would make sure to backup all data, do not trust the stick to keep it safe for you. Otherwise enjoy.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:03 am UTC

azule wrote:I don't know what you said in your spoiler, Aluisio. Also, I tried your puzzle and could not depuzzle it. I stared at the letters, trying to math.base it and nothing happened. Sorry, not sure what else to do.

SBN wrote:
HES wrote:

Well, a few things. 2yips 8mips difference. And your name is all caps, mine all mins. Yours 3 letters, mine 5. Mine a word, yours initials. Your av a dog, mine a fox (conveniently both part of the canine family?).

Code: Select all

azule
 SBN

There must be some sort of posting cadence we can travel along using the above information. Like, I post, then we both post for 3 posts, then I post. I dunno. lol.

Maybe we should just enjoy our brief moment of synchronicity, and carry on. I did approximately what you did with Aluisio's puzzle though.
Sorry, Aluisio, someday maybe I can solve yours, but for now I'm sticking with the jigsaws.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:09 am UTC

azule wrote:Also, I tried your puzzle and could not depuzzle it. I stared at the letters, trying to math.base it and nothing happened. Sorry, not sure what else to do.

If I wanted to refer in numbers
to words of the language of Cueball
what would I need to tell you?
Selecting new quote…

ergman

I HAZ CONTENT!

Postby ergman » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:26 am UTC

Posting for the sake of things being posted, I don't think this related drawceptioning has been shared yet:
The clue was 'An otter grabs drawception'
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:30 am UTC

GONGERED...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:15 am UTC

I forgot to mention: Thanks, yappo, for linking to the OtherOtherComic3. I enjoyed it!
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:53 am UTC

Awesomeful, ergman! :mrgreen:

Thanks, and thanks everymolpy for the kind thoughts and treeish ideas. I knew T** **d of my laptop was nigh: it was five and a half yips old after all. Not much worth salvaging at this point. Thankfully I had made redundant copies of the essential files after my hard drive started being epsilonish a mip or two ago, so I figure I'll just get a new cheap laptop and start fresh. In the meantime I'll be doing iPhone-based ketchup, and borrowing a friend's iPad when I can.

Any suggestions for free manip-making apps would be welcome! :) The one thing I'm really going to miss from that old laptop is the installation of Photoshop I got with a student discount way back when.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

waveney

Postby waveney » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:16 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Any suggestions for free manip-making apps would be welcome! :) The one thing I'm really going to miss from that old laptop is the installation of Photoshop I got with a student discount way back when.

I also have Photoshop on a dead laptop. I am starting to use GIMP it is free and I think does pretty much all that Photoshop did (and it can read in Photoshop files) having said that the leaning curve is steep. (I probably should have tried somthing simpler for my first use other than dancing Beanies ...!)

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:30 am UTC

ONGOÛMENTS...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:03 am UTC

waveney wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Any suggestions for free manip-making apps would be welcome! :) The one thing I'm really going to miss from that old laptop is the installation of Photoshop I got with a student discount way back when.

I also have Photoshop on a dead laptop. I am starting to use GIMP it is free and I think does pretty much all that Photoshop did (and it can read in Photoshop files) having said that the leaning curve is steep. (I probably should have tried somthing simpler for my first use other than dancing Beanies ...!)

I've heard before that GIMP is a good fallback for Photoshop users; I had installed it and puttered around a bit, though never seriously used it. Thanks for the recommendation!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ronaldkr

Postby ronaldkr » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:51 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
waveney wrote:

I've heard before that GIMP is a good fallback for Photoshop users; I had installed it and puttered around a bit, though never seriously used it. Thanks for the recommendation!

For the users of "Photoshop lost in crashes" -- Adobe has on its pages installation packages and activation keys for all CS2 components, as CS2 is "not supported" now but they want users to be able to recover their legal installations. As far as I can recall, Windoze and Mac versions, probably not iOS. But have a look. I'd prefer not to miss your graphic input.
(Why does PM not work for two recipients? ε)

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:10 pm UTC

@HES: Hey!

@Azule: Hint: there's no explosion in the original Image

@BlitzGirl: The news from your dead laptop are voldeframishly sad :(, I'll be missing your contributions. Oh, and never give up the hope of recovering your data, there should be a way to get it back, I've read that putting the hard drive in the freezer may allow it to work for a short while for data recovery.

@ergman: Crossover get! :D

@balthasar_s: What the pricklymolpy did I just watch?? Image (And nice to be in the present to be able to see YT videos, when blitzing there's no time for that and they join my endless list of videos to watch later! XD)
Go! Go! You can do it username5243!
Cheers Marsh'n!

THANKS KARHELL!! :)

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 pm UTC

STRIPPONGS...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

HES

Molpying up because I live next to a drummer

Postby HES » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:14 pm UTC

ronaldkr wrote:For the users of "Photoshop lost in crashes" -- Adobe has on its pages installation packages and activation keys for all CS2 components, as CS2 is "not supported" now but they want users to be able to recover their legal installations. As far as I can recall, Windoze and Mac versions, probably not iOS. But have a look. I'd prefer not to miss your graphic input.
(Why does PM not work for two recipients? ε)

Is it not possible to transfer a license onto a different computer?
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:09 pm UTC

If your draw an ottifiception, and there are no otters around to see it, is it related? Image
Spoiler:

Let's try something new: an otter-only Drawception game: click me.
(Do we have twelve Drawception otters yet? Steambottlish that BlitzGirl probably can't participate...)
Last edited by mscha on Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:43 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:35 pm UTC

mscha wrote:If your draw an ottifiception, and there are no otters around to see it, is it related? Image

Cool panel, tick the vet-only box next time so I can play :D

mscha wrote:Let's try something new: an otter-only Drawception game: click me.

Oh, nice! Why haven't we tried this before? :D
Go! Go! You can do it username5243!
Cheers Marsh'n!

THANKS KARHELL!! :)

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:30 pm UTC

CONGRUITIES...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:59 pm UTC

newpixbot wrote:CONGRUITIES...
Spoiler:

-- posted by newpixbot

What's that, a goatpy? And where'd it suddenly come from?
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

waveney

Otters

Postby waveney » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:01 pm UTC

The nature reserve I lead the volunteers on alternate sundips on, has had a resident Otter for the last 2 weeks.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:27 pm UTC

*peers around surreptitiously*
*whispers* Hi! Blindposting from 11 pages back to say hello and Molpy up! Managed to sneak away from the Outside for a few minutes. I miss you all and hope to do some ketchup this coming wip. Looks like the m*stard is gone, for now anyway. I hope you all are molpish (although I see at the top of this page that BlitzGirls hard drive is dying. :( I fear for mine as well, but it's hanging on so far.

Ok, I hear them coming, gotta get back out there. MWAH!
(to the Outside) Have at you!
*runs Outside*

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:29 pm UTC

waveney wrote:The nature reserve I lead the volunteers on alternate sundips on, has had a resident Otter for the last 2 weeks.

If you're there, doesn't that make 2?

HES

Postby HES » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:32 pm UTC

mscha wrote:What's that, a goatpy? And where'd it suddenly come from?

Do weeping angels ever take molpy form?
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:38 pm UTC

HES wrote:
mscha wrote:What's that, a goatpy? And where'd it suddenly come from?

Do weeping angels ever take molpy form?

I don't think it's a weeping molpy. I just blinked and it didn't move.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

HES

Postby HES » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:01 pm UTC

mscha wrote:I don't think it's a weeping molpy. I just blinked and it didn't move.

Yeah, but I was looking at it too...

It's more likely that it's a normal goatpy that was hiding in the third dimension.
He/Him/His Image

Tatiana

Postby Tatiana » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:13 pm UTC

Saying hi, I'm here, to let the otters know I'm still around, reading as much as I can, and not gone.
οττξЃs gotta OTT, so come to the facebook OTT group!

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:09 pm UTC

A little gift on a slow weekdip:

2:00 PM 12/1/2013H-local : Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests
2:01 PM 12/1/2013H-local : Users browsing this forum: pelrigg and 19 guests
M Frame 1018
Spoiler:
1018-color-3.png

Edit To ADD:
Hi! HES
at submit: