1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

mscha

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mscha » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:30 pm UTC

ONGLOMANIA...

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:36 pm UTC

Is that a deerpy or a goatpy in the newONGs?
Awesomeful OTColored, pelrigg!
ronaldkr wrote:
Spoiler:
BlitzGirl wrote:
waveney wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Any suggestions for free manip-making apps would be welcome! :) The one thing I'm really going to miss from that old laptop is the installation of Photoshop I got with a student discount way back when.

I also have Photoshop on a dead laptop. I am starting to use GIMP it is free and I think does pretty much all that Photoshop did (and it can read in Photoshop files) having said that the leaning curve is steep. (I probably should have tried somthing simpler for my first use other than dancing Beanies ...!)

I've heard before that GIMP is a good fallback for Photoshop users; I had installed it and puttered around a bit, though never seriously used it. Thanks for the recommendation!
For the users of "Photoshop lost in crashes" -- Adobe has on its pages installation packages and activation keys for all CS2 components, as CS2 is "not supported" now but they want users to be able to recover their legal installations. As far as I can recall, Windoze and Mac versions, probably not iOS. But have a look. I'd prefer not to miss your graphic input.

Ooh, that's definitely worth looking into. Thanks, ronald! :)

mscha wrote:If your draw an ottifiception, and there are no otters around to see it, is it related? Image
Spoiler:
Let's try something new: an otter-only Drawception game: click me.
(Do we have twelve Drawception otters yet? Steambottlish that BlitzGirl probably can't participate...)

Molpish! I haven't been on Drawception because I like using my tablet for it, but I'll see if I can find a way to get in on this game. Wowterful RELATED drawing!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:45 pm UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:I'm here but a bit preoccupied. It's an axiom of the universe that on any given long wipend, most or all of the homework shall be left to the last dip.

All my deadlines are between five and twelve dips away. I'll start tomorrow.

BlitzGirl wrote:Is that a deerpy or a goatpy in the newONGs?

One of the big ones is a bit deerish, but the little one looks more goatish. (Speaking of goats, I failed to notice the newpage again)
He/Him/His Image

Eternal Density

Molpies up the hill

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:37 pm UTC

Yesterdip I saw and photographed some Alpacmolps!
Spoiler:
20131201_154532.jpg
no grapevines
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

mrob27

Chronogram from mrob27 (at NP804)

Postby mrob27 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:54 pm UTC

Chronogram from mrob27, Origin: NP804
Destination: NP1639

This is just a quick update of my status; I'm still Blitzing, at NP804, more than 30 Newpages since my last update. I have been Blitzing since about NP1429, about 210 NP ago, so I'm going at a rate of a little less than 4::1. Lately I've been in more of a solid Blitzing mood, and also tinkering with my bots.

∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴ imagebot ∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴

In a subject line, AluisioASG wrote: Should we consider an OTT Archive project?

Ch*rp yes!!!
    As I mentioned 10 dix or so ago, I created imagebot to help prepare for the unlikely (but extremely endish) possibility that the servers might permanently give in to the mustardM. @Sciscitor, @Kieryn, and I have the messages in one form or another, and between the OTW and @Sciscitor we probably have most of the avatars. But I know of no (prior) archive of the attachments (mostly images). Having these helps with my Blitzing during those frequent times that I am offline. So I created imagebot.
    Since the unspeakable 503 Server Mustard was the start of all this, imagebot doubles as a monitor for the server. When it doesn't have any new images to load, it waits about 50 millinewpix, then chooses a random (and riverish: less than 64 KiB) attachment to re-load. I let this run all the time, and it produces an audible alarm (using the Mac OS X's speech synthesis) to tell me when the server has gone all mustardy and when it is back amongst the baobabs.
   imagebot accumulates statistics on everything, and nopixbot displays a summary. Here is a sample from yesterdix:

Attachment statistics and server uptime for the OTT

On the left we have statistics on file attachments broken down by hectonewpageh. In each row we have the highest attachment ID number (not counting attachments in posts that were retro-edited), followed by the number of attachments referenced by posts in the OTT and the total number of attachments uploaded to the server. Both of these numbers are cumulative, so for example it says that in the first 800 Newpages there were 879 OTT attachments and 1714 on the fora as a whole. The "%OTT" column gives the ratio, in this example 51.3% which is 100 * 879/1714. Then under 'tot-size' is the cumulative number of bytes. As you can see, the OTT sustained exponential growth, nearly doubling its attachment rate every hectonewpage for the first 500 Newpages, then slacked off a bit, before the celebrated post-Voldeframe surge when we began duly OTTifying everything in sight. Note that the "691MB of attachments" figure in this post is entirely fictional.
    On the right part of the same image is a quasi-graphical summary of the server's responsiveness during the period I had been monitoring it. The Outsider date is in ISO 8601 Basic, and the nopix are Randall Standard Time with the 0th hour in the first column and 23rd hour on the right. A blue "B" (for Baobab) is the best, meaning that the server was fully operational and fast the whole nopix. A green "t" usually means there were problems for a portion of that nopix, a mustard-colored "m" means about what you'd expect, and the mustard "m" on a red background is the worst -- no response for the entire nopix. The recent mostly-all-dix outage is clearly visible, it began around OTT:1635:32 (outsider date 20131128). There are holes prior to 20131127 because the bots were not running full-time.

∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴ a "teaser", and questions ∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴

I discovered that OTTers have uploaded audio files (both MP3 and WMA). Such would be far more convenient for my song OTTifications than YouTube (it's mainly Apple's horrible iM*vie '11 that's to blame, not YouTube itself). So here's a test, and coincidentally a teaser of my current project Image :

NWTB teaser
Sample of "Some New Way to Blitz"
(m. Freddie Mercury and Queen; l. jjjdavidson, mrob27)

Is it all right to upload big attachments? (The whole song would probably be 5 or 6 MB). Can you even play an attached MP3? (It works in my iPhone Safari, but my laptop downloads a file which is less convenient than playing in YouTube). Big as 6 MB might be, it's less data than it takes to play a YouTube video of the same duration, and for that reason I prefer it. Perhaps while I'm finishing this song, you can let me know if this plays on other types of devices (like Andriod). Mention "mrob" if you post; or you could PM me if I'm just repeating something everyone's already discussed.
    I'll finish the song in another dix or two ... and I'm developing a much greater respect for my former chorus directors :D

-- mrob27

hyes, that's hecto- which means 100, not centi- meaning 1/100 :?

MLosing the attachments is not a purely abstract fear. I am told that at one point (before Time) all of the attachments disappeared from the servers. There are plenty of reasons why that might happen, but that's kind of irrelevant. I think it's good to have backups within the OTT community. (If anyone starts downloading, I urge you to be gentle: delay for a minuteH or two between each download).

P.S. This is on Newpage 1639; the 16th post from the top (counting the Pope as #1) will be the 65536th in the thread. That's 100 in base 256 (which is 100 in base 16 (which is 100 in base 4 (which is 100 in binary :twisted: ) :D ) :) ) so yay OTT!

Chronogram Ends
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

HES

Re: Molpies up the hill

Postby HES » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:58 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Yesterdip I saw and photographed some Alpacmolps!

Sounds like fun.

He/Him/His Image

Eternal Density

Re: Molpies up the hill

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:12 pm UTC

HES wrote:

Sounds like fun.
Spoiler:
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:10 am UTC

mscha wrote:
newpixbot wrote:CONGRUITIES...
Spoiler:

-- posted by newpixbot

What's that, a goatpy? And where'd it suddenly come from?

Sneaky goatpy! Isn't it supposed to appear only at the bottom of a NP?

Hi pelrigg! Wingish OTColoured!
Hi Tatiana!
Hi lmjb1964!

To all OTTers who are fighting the OutsideH: I saw a RELATED motivational shirt print last wipend:
Spoiler:

Interestingly enough, I didn't see any real otters there. Nor any OTTers, as far as I know.
RSIR:
Spoiler:
P1030759.JPG
P1030759.JPG (145.85 KiB) Viewed 23546 times
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

Eternal Density

OTTers

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:11 am UTC

Who do we strike?

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:30 am UTC

MEROVONGIANS...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

HES

Postby HES » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:34 am UTC

mscha wrote:MEROVONGIANS...

Now the first one appears to be hovering. Is it actually a cleverly disguised netch?
Spoiler:
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:36 am UTC

Do we strike for the ONG, or does the ONG strike for us? Image

Thank you for handling that scrumptious donuting for me, ED. Cute alpacmolps!

I'm glad we have an mrob around to help our poor mustardy OTT, even if he is still traveling the past. :)

And hey, it's newpixbot with a goatpy newpix! We seem to be on the same schedule todip.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:50 am UTC

We strike back against ch*rping m*stard, 503s, and the OutsideH in general that prevents so many fellow OTTers to come to the OTT more frequently.

The river is small!
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

ucim

1190: Time

Postby ucim » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:53 am UTC

mrob27 - There is a limit of something like 4-5 megabytes for files... I tried uploading my "Fairy Princess" file but it was too big, which is why I ended up linking to sonicbids.com. Treeish teaser though - I'm looking forward to the full version!

Steakish analysis of the server health (I'm thinking positive - I won't call it server mustard!) and OTT postings. But I'm not sure I see the exponential growth you indicate. The difference between (cumulative) #uploads/hectoNP comes to:

20 18 54 120 165 91 118... which looks like it pops up from 20 to 120, with a little overshoot ringing.

It continues increasing in wavy fashion, perhaps to avoid releasing raptors:
146 144 220 370 192 239 ...

and then pops up:
733 470 484 ...

shortly after the Voldeframe on 12 Revelation.

So while the growth is quite wowtreeish, I don't think ex is a good fit.

HES wrote:

Sounds like fun.

Ooooo.... you're brave when BlitzGirl's hard drive is down! :)

BlitzGirl - Sorry to hear about your HD Mustard. That is certainly steambottley. Have you considered visiting the dump or recycle center? Where I live people throw away perfectly good machines (I guess the ashtrays are full) - I have a laptop I got in that manner some eight years ago that's still going strong. Sure, it runs Windows 98, but that's all I need on my laptop. (I do use a more recent desktop for my main work, but it's nice to have something portable sometimes). eta: On that computer I have iphotoPlus, which came with my scanner. For more serious work I use my main machine, which runs linux and has GIMP. It takes some learning, but I think you've used it before. end eta

pelrigg - Wingish OTTcolored!

I'm wondering if these goatishpys are running from something... We're panning away from whence they came, but perhaps the interesting stuff is off frame to the left, not the right. Gigantiraptors?

Enjoyed the wipend puzzle mscha - wingish!

That's it for now. Happy waiting!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

Eternal Density

Oh hey, hotdog!

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:57 am UTC

Code: Select all

## 3.1897
- Load and Import clear the log
- Molpy Down accounts for startPower of Boosts being a function (sorry that was breaking saves)
- Buff Panther Glaze x10
- Make np-based Badges which have upgrades to be built, more obvious. (includes a fallback if you have chromatic heresy off)
- Hide glass per mNP stats if you don't have AA

You're welcome.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:34 am UTC

Thanks, ED! :mrgreen: (I'm looking forward to hotdogging again soon.)

And thanks, Jose. I actually did consider a used laptop, but given how much I use it for work in addition to otting, I figured updating it after five yips of the other was reasonable. (It's also my only computer, not counting the phone.) My awesomeful parents have offered to help me pay for it as an early Christmas present, which is very molpish of them!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:00 am UTC

Hello, all my dear OTTers! Sorry I've been away so long. I have to confess: The OTT frightens me more than a bit. I lost five months of my life to Time, and I'm still not entirely back on track.

I'm not at all surprised to see that the OTT is still going on. But I am surprised by how fast it's still advancing, and by how many OTTers are still around. I'm still back about NP 1430, but I think I'm about to have the time (and the energy) to actually dive back in again. I see that we've reached 65,536 posts at last; it seems appropriate that the sixteenth post on NP 1630, the 65,536th (at the time it's posted), is by BlitzGirl. Nice work.

216 posts. "That's good enough for me."*

* No basement! I'm over 200 NP behind, but I haven't given up!
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:15 am UTC

Hey hey, it's jjj! Welcome back, and do stick around!

I'm liking this whole winter break thing. So many OTTers coming back :D (Well, "so many" - at least there are people coming back and not people leaving!)

ucim

Postby ucim » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:29 am UTC

Welcome back jjjdavidson! I wonder how many other otters in the basement don't know about the party we're still having upstairs. Out of a random sample I took of otters in the basement, all of them had a last post right here in the One True Thread. They didn't leave for other shores, they simply stopped posting completely. This is endish and unmolpy. I wonder if a general summoning circle would bring some visitations....

So here on the last dix of Visitation Ja, I invoke the summoning circle for all Otters, invoked once before on NP1439...
Come one, come all. Let it be known that there is Time After Time, and you are all greatly missed, and molpishly welcome here in the One True Thread, for like sand in a sandcastle, each grain different, you have all made this thread what it is.

Join us once again as we cross over onto the other side of 216.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:30 am UTC

GROUPONGS...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:34 am UTC

*sees summoning circle*

*pops into OTT again*

- What do you mean it was meant for the ones still in the basement?
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

ucim

Postby ucim » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:47 am UTC

taixzo wrote:*sees summoning circle*
*pops into OTT again*
- What do you mean it was meant for the ones still in the basement?
Just that those not in the basement have been active and don't need a summoning circle... they are also welcome (of course!). But we haven't heard from (for example) charlie_grumbles and macraw83 in ages, and it was molpishly refreshing to hear from StratPlayer a hundred NP ago.

Jose

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:54 am UTC

I guess some people just get tired of this… (*yAwN*) …and so do I.
Molpy down in xorl %eax, %eax seconds.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Eternal Density

Wha?

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:15 am UTC

jjjdavidson wrote: I lost five months of my life to Time, and I'm still not entirely back on track.
I don't understand this concept.

adnapemit

Postby adnapemit » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:33 am UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:I have to confess: The OTT outside frightens me more than a bit. I lost all but five months of my life to Time, and I'm still not entirely back on track.

FTFY
Empress adnapemit "Nancy" "Time Panda"
[adnapemit|timepanda]
Does anyone actually read signatures?

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:37 am UTC

So it's 35 minutes past the newdipONG and there's no othercomic yet. Is this the end of XKCD? :shock:
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

Eternal Density

Guess

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:08 am UTC

adnapemit wrote:
jjjdavidson wrote:I have to confess: The OTT outside frightens me more than a bit. I lost all but five months of my life to Time, and I'm still not entirely back on track.

FTFY

Oh, that makes sense.

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:30 am UTC

TARPAULONGS...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

waveney

Postby waveney » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:32 am UTC

New Othercomic is up

Eternal Density

A quick break from hotdogging

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:47 am UTC

Finally, a chance to be First OTTifier!

mostly redundant:
Spoiler:
beautifuldip.png
A map of what little habitable land will be left after the sea finishes rising.

Eternal Density

Come back OTTers!

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:29 am UTC

Um, you're supposed to post in the needlepulled thing!

BTW this is amusing: http://alternativeto.net/software/sandcastle-builder/

also, mini update:

Code: Select all

## 3.19
- Glass Monuments no longer tease that there's something to get after them, because it's not available yet so implying that there is something that players can't get yet would be mean so I'm not doing that any more :P
- Split code into separate files finally!
Last edited by Eternal Density on Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:42 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

waveney

Re: Come back OTTers!

Postby waveney » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:40 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Um, you're supposed to post in the needlepulled thing!

Sorry I was working. (I hate CSS)

BTW is your sibling in the basement?

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:44 am UTC

waveney wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:Um, you're supposed to post in the needlepulled thing!

Sorry I was working. (I hate CSS)

BTW is your sibling in the basement?

I kinda hate git at the moment (how can it call 'interspersing bits of unrelated functions "merging"???)

StormAngel is in the shower, not the basement.

waveney

Postby waveney » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:50 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:I kinda hate git at the moment (how can it call 'interspersing bits of unrelated functions "merging"???)

I know what you mean - it took me many many googling passes to find a way to keep the way to keep my Github fork up to date with your master (there was no problems with my local copy)

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:19 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Thanks, ED! :mrgreen: (I'm looking forward to hotdogging again soon.)

And thanks, Jose. I actually did consider a used laptop, but given how much I use it for work in addition to otting, I figured updating it after five yips of the other was reasonable. (It's also my only computer, not counting the phone.) My awesomeful parents have offered to help me pay for it as an early Christmas present, which is very molpish of them!

You could start celebrating Sinterklaas, the source for Santa. That is on the 6th of December and thus closer. It has a horsemolpy instead of reindeermolpies an he lives in Spain instead of on the north pole of Neptune.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:30 pm UTC

GRONGES...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

january1may

Postby january1may » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:05 pm UTC

Hello! New OTTer here (hopefully).
I won't be Pope or anything, I suspect (three or so posts still to go until that), and in a short while would be going blitzing anyway (to better find out what was actually going on way back in the time of Time).

[rest of post snipped because posting problems... why would any automatic system flag my posts as spam?]

Because reasons.

waveney

Postby waveney » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:27 pm UTC

january1may wrote:Hello! New OTTer here (hopefully).
I won't be Pope or anything, I suspect (three or so posts still to go until that), and in a short while would be going blitzing anyway (to better find out what was actually going on way back in the time of Time).
[rest of post snipped because posting problems... why would any automatic system flag my posts as spam?]

Welcome to the OTT!

(There are restrictions for the first 5 posts - after that you can post images and vast tracts of your wisdom)

january1may

Postby january1may » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:32 pm UTC

I suppose I'll use up some of my first 5 posts outside the OTT then :-)
(and because that was in the part that didn't post: yes, it's me who recently joined the wiki... I mean, I've had a Wikia account for ages - in fact, this username is a translation)
There are two films that I particularly like.
One of them is a science-fiction dramatic comedy involving a boy who accidentally travelled in time. Extremely popular when it originally came out in 1985, it retains a major cult following to this day.
The other one, of course, is Back to the Future.

ucim

Postby ucim » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:43 pm UTC

january1may wrote:Hello! New OTTer here (hopefully).
No hopefully about it - you are an OTTer! Welcome! And I see you are undertaking a Holy Quest - this shows Great Wisdom already! I wish you Randalspeed, and may you Blitz Like the Wind!
Spoiler:
(original post by yappobiscuits)BlitzGirl you'd better please blitz and blitz faster
The thread is not gonna get shorter you know
Water is coming, we're growing impatient
And you've still got many newpages to go
So BlitzGirl, blitz like the wind!

I remember the day Randall posted the comic
A couple sat on a beach, it was called "Time"
How could we know that this seed would grow into
An addiction that held us, with every ONG chime

Now four months later we post with the masses
Of OTTers that hang out here waiting for it
As Great Lord Randall continues to publish
Frame upon frame each and every newpix

But now things get exciting inside
And BlitzGirl, you're stuck far behind...

BlitzGirl you'd better please blitz and blitz faster
Come back to the present, don't dwell in the past
The thread sure as hell ain't the same here without you
You're everyone's favourite Lightning Lass
So BlitzGirl, blitz like the wind!

Taixzo and CasCat took no time at all
To read through the whole thing, they are BlitzGirls the Fast
But you were the first one, we know you can do it
Just carry on blitzing your way through the past

You’re not our bitch, and you’re not a machine
And we don’t mean to dictate how you spend your days
But please bear in mind it's all kicking off here
And you don't want to get left behind in a daze

Why is it always when you're gone
That the mustard must go hit the fan?
So when the wedding is over and done
Get back in the thread and then RUN!

The sea won't stop rising until it's appeased
There's a hole in the present, cause something is missing
You're missed here like chirp, molpy up BlitzGirl, please!
Yes BlitzGirl, blitz like the wind!

Before Time is over, please blitz like the wind!

Filk of "Write Like The Wind (George RR Martin)" by Paul and Storm
It is a noble undertaking you are about to begin, but fret not if you falter. The river may be small, but it's not that small any more! Let us know from time to time how things are going; we await your Glorious Return!

Jose

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”