1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Eternal Density

Greetings, player!

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:31 am UTC

Earthling on Mars wrote:(Quick note to ED: If Chromatic Heresy is on, and a colored newpix is showing, then Chromatic Heresy is turned off, the colored form of the newpix continues being shown. I assume it's not supposed to be that way.):
Nah, when chromatic heresy is owned, the colpix option is available and can be toggled independently in the options. In case you want colpix but not other colour. So that's fine.

ETA Hotdog Vendor Decree: Wait for it!
(Because I'm close to putting out 3.2. The main thing left is to save/load layouts with c**kies (should be pretty simple), rename layouts (also simple, but I have to remember to only allow alphanumeric characters), and making notifications show up at the height height (steambottle! and a bit redundant since I want to redo them). Oh and put placeholder text in some new panels...
And probably fix something waveney told me about and I forgot.
Last edited by Eternal Density on Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:36 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

january1may

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby january1may » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:32 am UTC

Blitz "progress" (more of a slight update/travelogue): NP 43 (np121).
"This thread has passed through various stages" my molpy. If only they knew that they're barely starting, and that the thread would pass through dozens or more of stages yet (I wonder whether anyone could make a chronology of the OTT detailed enough to include our own periods, eras and eons).
I'm not sure whether whatever was up with the first post of NP 38 can be called "coming up with OTT slang". I'll try to look whether that particular word had indeed been adopted so early. (Update from a few pages later: doesn't look like it was.)
The DONG counter is also posted on NP 38; it is, in fact, still working, counting down time to nonexistent no-shortpix - even though I have no idea how the heck could that be useful to anybody any more (except perhaps if that anybody is playing Sandcastle Builder, but even then the in-game counter is better).
It's a bit funny that people are still discussing how everyone would attach a special significance to what they call "half-hours" (and what we would call shortpix). Of course, there hadn't been any longpix yet (I think they're slightly over halfway there).
And just as I wrote this: someone called yaddayadda does happen to make the incredible intuitive leap that maybe, probably, there would be longpix. No, seriously (it makes a bit more sense in context).
Forum has 503 problems when trying to open my control panel. Not particularly relevant to my blitz (I've spend too long thinking over NP 38).
Dracomax's first post is on NP 38; I suppose that makes *them one of the earlier OTTers :-) and with that, I finally continue on (fortunately without any 503).
The fourth post of NP 40 mentions that, quote, "Ooooh Page 40!" I suspect this was the original **popeой of that page; this might be the earliest known proof of posts changing place (in this particular case, it's probably because of a few firstposts getting moderated).
There is a major discussion of aubronwood's gender. The consensus seems to be that he is actually named Aubron Wood, which is a bit surprising (I didn't know Aubron was a real name).
The first bunch of periods is inaugurated on NP 41; I don't know whether that counts as OTT slang (if it doesn't then there still isn't any since MM[P]ONS), but the period names in that posts are mainly those still in use (in fact, it looks like that post was copied to the wiki pretty literally).
And, after quite a few *hours, this particular section of the blitz is over (I really should go to bed now - not sure about coma though, already had my share of vivid hallucinations this night).

ой we really need some way to use an anachronistic term without making it look *heretical... on second thought, I need some way, darn AH.comese terminology - then again, is there a *standard way to show that a term is anachronistic?
There are two films that I particularly like.
One of them is a science-fiction dramatic comedy involving a boy who accidentally travelled in time. Extremely popular when it originally came out in 1985, it retains a major cult following to this day.
The other one, of course, is Back to the Future.

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:01 am UTC

Mouspy – yes, y'all have convinced me – animation update with two new frames:

No molvement in the two added frames.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:34 am UTC

january1may wrote:"This thread has passed through various stages" my molpy. If only they knew that they're barely starting, and that the thread would pass through dozens or more of stages yet (I wonder whether anyone could make a chronology of the OTT detailed enough to include our own periods, eras and eons).

That idea has been floated a few Times before. It might be more of a possibility now that the OTT has slowed.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

42 guests

Re: Bacon Phi for Time Travelers

Postby 42 guests » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:01 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:
Φ Beacon Firefox Foxtrot Foxhound φ

Lurking far behind...
The One Who Left the Shadows

"What does the sound of 42 people watching Time sound like?"
- AluisioASG

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:34 am UTC

mrob - Your song was wowtreeishsomeful! I was grinning the whole way through! The classic Queen-ish layered choral vocals were especially molpish. Also I found the secret message! Treeish! :mrgreen:
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

ergman

Postby ergman » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:44 am UTC

Thanks for the festive hat, Chronosdragon! It feels nice to have transparancy for a time, instead of being a gif. I wonder what the next holiday hats will be. New years party hats? Valentines arrow-through-the-head things?

And speaking of making avatars for other people...

I too found the opportunity to include bluecrab in a drawception game:
what ever happened to her?
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:08 am UTC

ergman wrote:Thanks for the festive hat, Chronosdragon! It feels nice to have transparancy for a time, instead of being a gif. I wonder what the next holiday hats will be. New years party hats? Valentines arrow-through-the-head things?

No one* knows what the DragonDashery will pull out of its hatbox next!™

*Disclaimer: the DragonDashery has not performed a thorough study of all seers, clairvoyants, telepaths, or prognosticators, and admits the possibility that someone somewhere may know what it will pull out of its hatbox next. That being said, the management doesn't know either, so if you have one of the above abilities and do know what it will pull out of its hatbox next, please contact us immediately.

MistyCat

Postby MistyCat » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:20 am UTC

BlindPosting from 1535
Cheered by Sigcouragement from many.
@ucim
Spoiler:
ucim wrote:<snip>
MistyCat wrote:Very tempted to stray from my straight path from the past to see future readings from "Acts of the Clerics."
Jose, you have my thanks and admiration.
Ah, temptation. To deal with it, you must have faith - faith in yourself and in your inner strength, and faith that what tempts you will still be there. The former you must discover on your own, but to the latter I offer my highest assurance that these Acts, these Most Holy Books, will be there long past the End of Time. If you stay true to the First and Greatest Commandment, you will find that you will be Richly Rewarded.

But I say verily unto thee that should you stray, should you fall and succumb to temptation, you will also be richly rewarded. The choice is yours.

My choice is made. I choose ThoroughBlitz, I chose ThoroughBlitz, I shall ThoroughBlitz. I shall spurn LastPostPeeking, I shall remain resolute, I shall not PrePeek. But HolyChirpingMustard, I want to peek!

@lmjb1964
Spoiler:
lmjb1964 wrote:
MistyCat wrote:BlindPosting from 1077
Cheered by Sigcouragement from many.
All so true.
It's greedy of me to wish so much that I could have had this whole experience in real time. Even though I'm getting so much from my "Do not look ahead" blitz, the "live-only" event would have been so much more... more. Sigh.

On reflection, I'm enjoying what I have (thanks, Y'all) so much that more would probably be too much.

I imagine that the future-Y'all will be making some replies in the your-now which I won't see in the my-now until I reach the new-now of your past-then, so when I reach the this-then and reply from the will-be-this-then to your newer-now I can say a future-now thanks to your newer-new-now.

I think.

And so to Coma.

I've made it to 1077/1522
I shall reach the end.

Nice post. Go, past mistycat!

Newer-now thanks. Go I shall.

1 1 0 pages of posts to read,
1 1 0 pages of posts,
Read one more page,
It might take an age,
But then there'll be 1 0 9 pages of posts to read.

Oh, and some more as well.

I've made it to 1535/1645
I shall reach the end.
Purrr.
MistyCat wrote:Ch*rpedy ch*rp the ch*rpng ch*rp.

Waiting for Lucky

Eternal Density

Re: Bacon Phi for Time Travelers

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:28 am UTC

42 guests wrote:
Spoiler:
AluisioASG wrote:
Φ Beacon Firefox Foxtrot Foxhound φ

Lurking far behind...

Yay it's 42 guests!!
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

HES

Postby HES » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:31 am UTC

holy chirp mistycat is blitzing well!
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:02 am UTC

Such a molpish holidip cheer, hearing from blitzers and lurkers on their journeys through the OTT! And a touch of melancholy, remembering those who have been basemented along the way. I shall have to send my molpies to go toss peppermints at them.

Image Image Image Image Image
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:30 am UTC

SCUMBLONGS...

-- posted by newpixbot Image

Soup

Postby Soup » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:59 am UTC

ergman wrote:
Spoiler:

With a brain slug, as well.
Waiting for it...

Go username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, Rakhal, thunk!!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:02 am UTC

I see that newpixbot is now making use of the Judgement Dip icon. Not sure if I should be pleased or frightened...
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

At ch*rping last!

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:05 am UTC

Code: Select all

## 3.2
- Glass Ceilings are their own boost group
- Also a Draconic boost group (even though the dragons are currently terrible)
- Dragon unlocks were checking if the potential reward was owned rather than unlocked, which was silly.
- Dragon Changes (hopefully should make them more useful)
- NaN (mustard) Time Travel price is autocorrected to Infinity
- waveney did a bunch of stuff: fix Discov Detector for Minus, fixed jump pricing for Minus travel, Magic Mirror and Locked Vaults
- Added a new absolutely free boost because I'm so generous
- Added a badge. You probably don't want it
- Boost to start making Molpy Down a little more interesting and less painful in the later game (there will be more...)
- Fix Swim Between the Flags bug (modulus operator can have a negative result)
- Add jQuery-UI (not latest version because it has a bug with draggable stuff and the scrollbar)
- Make lots of elements draggable and some resizable
- Flatten HTML hierarchy since it's not necessary for layout now
- Options/Stats/Export can be toggled on and off independently rather than replacing each other
- Added missing linebreaks in Mould fillers
- More items can be hidden
- Moving items to the right or bottom automatically scrolls the viewport
- Default layout
- Added a pane for offsite links, copied the links from the index to it.
- Added a new link to index
- Everything but the newpix is hidden until the layout loads, so you don't see an ugly mess (especially if your browser asks confirmation before running javascript)
- Split the stats tabs into separate panels
- Button to lock/unlock the layout, it's locked by default
- When layout is unlocked, you can toggle Snap to Panes and Snap to Grid
- Buttons for managing layouts: activate, rename, clone, overwrite, export, delete.
- You can't delete the active layout
- Toggling visibility of panels immediately affects the active layout. Moving or resizing an element does not affect a layout at all.
- Overwrite will store the positions, sizes, and visibility of everything in that layout
- the Load/Save Layouts buttons store all the current layout values in cookies. (If you have moved any panes and not used Overwrite, those changes aren't saved)
- When you load layouts, the top layout is automatically activated
- By default, layouts are automatically saved when you save your game.
- There's an option to not automatically save layouts, or to save layouts when the game autosaves (it still won't automatically Overwrite current positions/sizes into a layout)
- The Autosave Option boost now unlocks after 5 saves rather than 20
- You can get back the default layout (if you want it for some reason :P) by typing the word "default" into the Import New dialog, instead of a layout code
- BTW, layouts are exported individually so you can share individual layouts as you wish. Also they're not encoded so you can easily edit them externally if you want
- When you save layouts, the current screen layout is saved as 'temporary' and added to the end of the layouts list, in case you didn't Overwrite
- Notifications are not affected by scrollbar!

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:15 am UTC

Holy ch*rp, that's a long hotdog!

Wow, new layouts are a bit confusing. For now, I've recreated the old layout to the best of my ability. Reproduced export below, if anyone is interested:
Spoiler:

3.2PPoldP00010010000000P1111011111000111110000000P10C10S57C15S382C782S130C10S0C0S28C62S784C664S0C664S275C40S920C780S331C486S1255C729S160C486S-10C486S0C677S0C572S0C782S600C0S857C545S1241C542S915C782S1096C155S1094C664S1096C365S1096C440S1480C0SP531C135S455C41S800C60S314C214S368C51S280C384S316C180S855C90S855C90S370C165S1151C453S382C100S423C385S326C115S382C195S383C60S382C60S381C209S74C237SP

ergman

Postby ergman » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:47 am UTC

Soup wrote:
ergman wrote:
Spoiler:

With a brain slug, as well.

:oops: that was supposed to be the hat, but I'm worse at drawception drawing than regular drawing. She basemented(?) long before the slugpocalypse.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

ucim

Postby ucim » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:00 am UTC

MistyCat wrote:My choice is made. I choose ThoroughBlitz, I chose ThoroughBlitz, I shall ThoroughBlitz. I shall spurn LastPostPeeking, I shall remain resolute, I shall not PrePeek. But HolyChirpingMustard, I want to peek!

I shall reach the end.
Indeed you shall, and it will be Glorious! You're almost there!

And great to hear from you, 42 guests!

ergman wrote:...that was supposed to be the hat, but I'm worse at drawception drawing than regular drawing. She basemented(?) long before the slugpocalypse.
I'm not sure we can be sure that the slugs did not make it into the basement. Better be careful BlitzGirl!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:19 am UTC

I decided to get in on this whole bitcoin biz. Send all DragonDashery payments to 1DkEUMCrZAx7Tx5cjesymcjZjHKD9HxK8f. (Just kidding, DragonDashery is always free. On a different note, Chronocorp is now expanding into the Mining industry)

And hey, it's @42 guests and @MistyCat! Welcome back!

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:10 am UTC

Interesting othercomic.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

yappobiscuits

MOOOOON.

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:17 am UTC

I'm about to molpy down... but instead of posting a molpy down pic, I'm going to post the opposite, because I wanted to make this manip :P
Spoiler:

Redundies:
Spoiler:
molpy up.png

redundakitty47.jpg

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:43 am UTC

Cute manip and redundakat, yappo!

Re: Othercomic - Not sure why Megan has decided to collect Galilean skycircles after she was just stalked by Earth's skycircle. Maybe for protection?
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:30 am UTC

CONFUSONGLY...

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:19 am UTC

Steambottle, just had an epsilonish coma-vision.

...and nomolpy's here. Hmm. Hope your comas are going better than mine.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:23 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Steambottle, just had an epsilonish coma-vision.

Solution: No coma tonip.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:29 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I see that newpixbot is now making use of the Judgement Dip icon. Not sure if I should be pleased or frightened...

Probably both.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:30 pm UTC

QUILTONGS...

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:06 pm UTC

MistyCat wrote:BlindPosting from 1535

1 1 0 pages of posts to read,
1 1 0 pages of posts,
Read one more page,
It might take an age,
But then there'll be 112 pages of posts to read.

Oh, and some more as well.

I shall reach the end.

FTFY. :D looking forward to seeing you in the past present which is your future present but will likely still be the me from one uncianewpix ago, unless I happen to have leapt to some other time period in the meantime. Time travel is confusing, not least because tenses are designed with the idea that you always move forward in time...
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:48 pm UTC

Earthling on Mars wrote:Yes, once an OTTer, always an OTTer. I've used the word "mustard" on another forum--as in, a forum completely unrelated to xkcd. Nobody's said anything yet. :mrgreen:

I often use m*stard and ch*rp and redundakitty and many other OTT words. Mixed reactions to each.

Yay, MistyCat is quite close to The Present! :D :D
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:43 pm UTC

Molpy up! (4, yappo!)

Steakish musical chronogram, mrob27!

I see that newpixpot has calmed down and posts the MysteryPix in a friendlier way now. That's treeish.

OTThercomic #1300:

RSIR:
Spoiler:
1300ott.png
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

Eternal Density

nocoma

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:49 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Cute manip and redundakat, yappo!

Seconded!

So I went to the office Christmas party which was slightly fun *shrug* and also I read lots of hotdog related stuff and managed to reply to a bit too. Anyhow when I got home (about midnip) I worked on new version to make the layouts less horrible:

## 3.21
- Fixed Coma Molpy Style (oops I had just started debugging that when I got distracted by an Expando issue and forgot to fix it before 3.2)
- Reduced newpix bounce to stay in the bounds of the box
- Fixed Caged Logicat to display actual number of questions left (sorry I should have checked Waveney's code)
- Put Achronal Dragon in the correct group
- Removed borders when the layout is locked (I'll make a way to have that togglable, but not right now)
- Prevent Bag Burning from force-molpifying the stats numbers: it used to be necessary to be readable but now it isn't
- Having Temporal Rift prevents you from getting new Caged Logicat questions on the ONG
- Instead of Tool Factory ownership controlling the TF Counts Pane, it controls visibility of the button to toggle the TF Counts Pane
- When unlocks are checked the options pane is refreshed, so when a new option is unlocked it appears immediately rather than requiring the options to be opened again.
- Unlocking the Layout prevents Click-digging. (But not the other ways)
- Default layout a bit less ugly
- Added a second default layout which can be accessed via Import New and typing 'default2'
- Yes there's still more fixed to be made but I think this is good for a first batch

Funny thing, on the way to the party I had the thought that it would be funny if I was breath-tested by the cops on the way home, but unlikely... though more likely since it's a Fridipnip. And then I was! I think it's only my second time too. It seems that the presence of cops suppresses my sense of humor because when asked if I'd had anything to drink tonip I automatically replied "no" rather than "yes, some ginger beer cordial (from my hip flasks (1920s themed party)) and also a couple glasses of water". Which is good.

Anyhow it's nearly quarter to 3 and I'm feeling all twichy. Maybe I should scrounge up some more chocolate or drink more too-strong ginger cordial (the flavour gives me a nice zing... probably doesn't really do anything though.)

Oh yeah I opened the OtherComic in another tab, brb...
Okay back. Um. I think I'm missing a reference.

Hmm, now it is quarter to three. Maybe I can just hotdog all nip instead of coma. But I think my brain is shutting down so it's not a good use of Time. On the other hand when I wake up there's chores to do so maybe I should just use the time I have for the hotdog instead of wasting it on coma. Except instead I'm wasting it rambling.
Um.

I think there was something I was going to write about but forgot. Dunno what.

*is previewninjad by OTThercomic*
whoops for a moment there I didn't notice what was happening and was wondering where the SNAAAAAAKE came from because that wasn't there before...

Why am I so cold?

ETA oh yeah I was gonna thank ChronosDragon for working on making a layout, though I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

waveney

Re: nocoma

Postby waveney » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:03 pm UTC

You need Coma!

I haven't done much to help todip - doing a quick "enhancement?" to a clients website. (I haven't even updated to 3.2 yet!)

I will do a much better cookie format for you - it will take a few days to write and test.

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:07 pm UTC

waveney wrote:You need Coma!

I haven't done much to help todip - doing a quick "enhancement?" to a clients website. (I haven't even updated to 3.2 yet!)

I will do a much better cookie format for you - it will take a few days to write and test.

Thanks!

## 3.211
- Alerts pane placeholder text
- Stats wasn't refreshing stuff when hidden (I only had a function trigger on showing panels, not hide)
I think I'm feeling a little better... but I really better go coma.
Molpy Down!
Spoiler:
ImageThe River is Small!

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:30 pm UTC

LONGUEDOCIANS...

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:39 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:The River is Small!

The Sea is Big!
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Purplepants77

Re: Beacon Beta, Papal Decree

Postby Purplepants77 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:42 pm UTC

AluisioASG, on NP 1116, wrote:
Spoiler:
Firsts things first:
Time Travelers: Welcome to Beacon Beta.

Please report to the Future Present if you're more then 5 pages behind.
<snip>

Attention Future! Attention Future! I have reached Beacon Beta! I've closed the gap by about 20-30NP since the last time I posted but I still have a long way to go. Anyway, the battery back in my transmitter is running low so I'll conserve what energy I have left and leave it at that.

See you in the futuurrreeeeee.....
Still blitzing away and will be for some time.

Current Location: NP 1432
NP from Present: 891
Current Progress: 61.6%

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:46 pm UTC

Purplepants77 wrote:
AluisioASG, on NP 1116, wrote:
Spoiler:
Firsts things first:
Time Travelers: Welcome to Beacon Beta.

Please report to the Future Present if you're more then 5 pages behind.
<snip>

Attention Future! Attention Future! I have reached Beacon Beta! I've closed the gap by about 20-30NP since the last time I posted but I still have a long way to go. Anyway, the battery back in my transmitter is running low so I'll conserve what energy I have left and leave it at that.

See you in the futuurrreeeeee.....

I read that as Bacon beta, and thought the post was 342% better for it.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Purplepants77

Postby Purplepants77 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:59 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:<snip>
I read that as Bacon beta, and thought the post was 342% better for it.

Pssst... I didn't read your post because its in the future1, but if I had, I would have read it as Beacon Beta and been confused about your comment.

And then later I would have laughed at myself for realizing I did the exact opposite of what you did to a post commenting on what you did. O.o

1 I may, in fact, have read your future post...
Still blitzing away and will be for some time.

Current Location: NP 1432
NP from Present: 891
Current Progress: 61.6%

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:33 pm UTC

Actual molpy up! Only half a NP since I molpied down... huh.
BlitzGirl wrote:Steambottle, just had an epsilonish coma-vision.

Oh no! Careful, could be brainslugs :shock:
ZoomanSP wrote:OTThercomic #1300:
Spoiler:

Treeish! Snaaaaake. (It's a snaaaake, oooh it's a snake, it's a molpy molpy molpy molpy...)

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”