1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

mscha

Time After Time

Postby mscha » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:30 pm UTC

UNBLUSHONGLY...
ImageImage
-- posted by newpixbot

ronaldkr

nag, nag, nag

Postby ronaldkr » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:32 pm UTC

slinches wrote:
mscha wrote:Series i:
Spoiler:
i0: Image: 62x
i1: Image: 66x
i2: Image: 79x
i3: Image: 69x
i4: Image: 61x
i5: Image: 55x
i6: Image: 71x
i7: Image: 70x
i8: Image: 64x
i9: Image: 78x
i10: Image: 64x
i11: Image: 66x
i12: Image: 71x
i13: Image: 73x
i14: Image: 51x

With all of the effort GLR has been putting into these banners for the store, it seems to me that he could generate more revenue with much less effort if he would just put some OTC related merchandise on there. Heck, weu even have a whole wiki page devoted to T-shirts we want to buy.

Sorry, I really had to do this.
<nocat>
Spoiler:
store_gd_h10_LbM8_mod.png
ottified store banner

ggh

Aluisio's Riddle - all clues to date

Postby ggh » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:37 pm UTC

Thanks, BlitzGirl! Plane lands in less than an hour. :)

As promised, the compiled Aluisio riddle posts. Again my thoughts are in blue:
Spoilered for seaishness
Spoiler:
This came before the riddle, but is likely related:
ggh wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:In other news, I received an alarming PM from Aluisio:

Aluisio wrote:EKKAJ ELRAZ EHVAJ DMPCN ELYAS BOBAS EBFBH CPICN ENUCF EHKDT ENRAL BSQDE EGIBH AYSAJ CTVAS AZKBB EHYAJ
please tell the others it's dangerous someone watch the one who time traveled i don't know who

There were some other things as well, but I was concerned about this warning. Has something happened to ChronosDragon we don't know about? Or maybe Dracomax? Can any break the code?

Everything Aluisio says is over my head. I notice that each word is 5 letters and the first and fourth letters are from the subset ABCDE. Does that suggest anything?

I briefly hoped that this would be easier, since the first 3 letters of every group translates to a valid frame number, and I hoped that the last two letters would point to a letter in dialogue for that frame, but alas, not all the frames indicated have dialogue. Sad. After I posted this, Aluisio added a hint (see the bottom of this spoilered section) which may help with this, or may be a reply to my thoughts on the main riddle, or both.

AluisioASG wrote:
Φ Beacon Firefox Foxtrot Foxhound φ

I'm guessing the picture isn't significant. Is the phi? Or the fact that he went with "Foxhound" instead of Foxtrot?
AJPWM 1
Only five lonely figures
Speak the language o' Cueball
Odd, transient creatures
Taught by the one above all

These codes come in groups of five and a later hint suggests that they are indices into the dialogue. Does "odd" indicate numerically odd? "transient because of Time? Or really changing? Is the one above all the GLR, or is 1 significant?
BIUGU 2
Oscar, the first, walks away
Fourteen times, not more nor less
He can help you keep what you seek at bay
But only if you keep track of that index

This makes me think the code keeps changing, enigma-style, and I don't really know how to do that.
Why "Oscar"? The first digit/letter?
Oscar - O is 14 in A-Z = 0-25

ALYLW 3
Charlie, the next, the eleventh step
Tells you by whom, and when it was said
Maybe you need to fall from his web
So just hold on, and don't be afraid

web... Charlie... a masculine Charlotte's Web? Why is the next the eleventh step? I guess that could be if we're working in grey code.
C is 2 in 0-25. Is that 11 is some form? Or is that a change?

BIUGU 4
Juliet the one, the glorious one
No move, no sound, it comes from her
She knows if it's dark, if there's moon or no sun
The frame of beyond, a reference becomes

J, then? It's a special letter, to be interpreted differently, or not? Is being the one different from being the first? In what way? Also, is this saying that however we should be looking for the frame numbers, if we find one beyond 3099, we should subtract that number from the next ones? Is the sky stuff just there for poetry?
J would be 9 - so I'm totally baffled again....
Hmm, also, in morse, J is dot dash dash dash, which is similar to one, which is dot dash dash dash dash.

AJPWM 5
Five alphas guard the place
O' the null, the zero, the empty of ways
Twenty-five more make the maze
Please be careful, see what they say

So there was a reference to 5, but only three were named, but now there are five alphas. If A is zero, then the remaining 25 letters are 1-25. Is there more to this section than that?
ADXMA AONCS ACBWI

Hmm, so there are 5 codes numbered 1-5, but 1 and 5, and 2 and 4 are the same. If the numbers are actually indices into the frames though, maybe they're not quite the same. Then there are 3 additional codes. Why are they separate?

This post brought to you by 2 North Communications PLC, a subsidiary of RDLK Information SE, part of The Reiden Lake Group.

Google tells me Reiden Lake is a Fringe reference. Is this important to the puzzle?
I was thinking the five were the five letters, but are they instead the five numbered groups of five letters each? And if so, what are the three additional groups? I wish we knew roughly the form of the answer.

AluisioASG wrote:
Dracomax wrote:Aluisio has gone quietly mad after staring into the eye of harmony becoming quantum entangled.

I ain't mad, just “operating on a higher plane of intelligence” as usual. And DMQCE ETLUF ADBXY CSCWX ABFGJ BJTCS AQAAB BEDCA CIBRH BKPTJ AYLSS ENEGH BAJHT HBXYN AYMZZ ABIUB DZSSP AOJWZ AAFKL APCKM AOEYS ANGSO ARZRX AZLRL ASYCC DXVNZ

I'm thinking this isn't part of the original riddle, but just a similarly-constructed comment to Dracomax.

AluisioASG wrote:Riddle hints follow:
lmjb1964 wrote:And no one has tackled Aluisio's riddle.

Sadly. I was considering a prize.

lmjb1964 wrote:Oscar, Juliet and Charlie are the--what's it called? Not International Phonetic Alphabet, that other thing--for O, J and C.

“International Radiotelephony Spelling Alphabet”. Not a phonetic alphabet, despite being known as such.

lmjb1964 wrote:And then he talks about 5 alphas, although I count 6 As.

There are many ways to represent a number. The decimal 3099, for example, can be represented as 0C1B₁₆, 6033₈ ⅯⅯⅯⅩⅭⅨᵣ, ΧΧΧΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΠΙΙΙΙₖ… or AAEPF.

lmjb1964 wrote:But he also says something about "Oscar" being there 14 times, and there aren't 14 Os.

It's a binary operation. And Oscar isn't there, he moves.

Binary? huh. I don't get that at all. The moving bit seems enigma-like again, and thus baffling to me.

And then, I don't know if this is about the riddle or not, but the post subject was "Variable length pillars" which is similar to the variable-length integers that wikipedia was telling me about.
AluisioASG wrote:I started this as an OTTiffication. The OTT part was lost somewhere in the process.
ImageImage
Neat!
I haven't had nightmares ever since. But now sometimes others parts of my body get undesirable access to the dream projector. I wonder if it's a reasonable price.

AluisioASG wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:There are many ways to represent a number.
The decimal 3099, for example, can be represented as 0C1B₁₆, 6033₈ ⅯⅯⅯⅩⅭⅨᵣ, ΧΧΧΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΠΙΙΙΙₖ… or AAEPF.

Ah, I see that last one looks different when I quote it. That's s clue, I'm guessing. But
0C1B₁₆means nothing to me. How is that, or AAEPF, 3099?
Okay, so this bit I get. If you take A-Z to be 0-25 in base 26, AAEPF is 4*26*26+15*26+5 = 3099. So, all of his letter groups could be turned into numbers, some of which might indicate frames. But then?

That's part of the challenge. But try asking one of our other resident programmers, like ED or CD.

AluisioASG wrote:
Rainymip wrote:AOGKV ABEYA AGSGA AGVGO AUUNF ARZUW BTAYC AAFIR AZIRB ATWIF AIQBM ABGWU AIQHG ALMJP CTYNS ASXPB AFYUY AXOIT ADDUW DZTTZ AGVEN AOKDJ BFZOJ AKOCK BBFQP AVPLR CDFJM AJORT BGXQA AFUVO DEIDK BISXJ AKMAA AIQMV COMHL ABHBK FENLA BBIIU ATYZO BRZWC BYQGN AAETK BSCAA CSFHB BQFZE ACZHP ABDOV BOMRJ BJVNO BCGND AKRCX AHRKX BVAJD ASZVL APDYA BWSWH BBLBS BNLJO ADBQI BDCLT AFTLB BKQAN

?

AluisioASG wrote:
AGYEO ABFOZ AAFNW AOGZL ABFSL

Again, I'm assuming these are similarly-constructed comments/story/instructions.
AluisioASG wrote:
azule wrote:Also, I tried your puzzle and could not depuzzle it. I stared at the letters, trying to math.base it and nothing happened. Sorry, not sure what else to do.

If I wanted to refer in numbers
to words of the language of Cueball
what would I need to tell you?

More, obviously. ;) I know this is a huge hint, but I still haven't seen how to index into this to pull out the words. I mean if there's only five or eight chunks in the original puzzle, and you need to get a frame number, a quote number, and an index into the quote to get a word, it's hard for me to see how there's enough material to make an answer, let alone one that requires an index or anything to move 14 times. I'm surely making some incorrect assumptions.
AluisioASG wrote:
The following is an emergency report from NAKADM.

1386035280. In response to post #3505873, the directorate of 2 North Communications has decided, with support from AXM, to cease all communications with the group known as “OTT” until further notice. Therefore, all relevant programs are to be shut down as soon as possible, to the maximum of 1386091800.

This was an emergency report from NAKADM.
Sad. :(
But at the same time, are any of these numbers and letters hints?

AluisioASG wrote:
My mind has
shifted once again Okay, so a shift is important somehow. Is the code shifted by a letter each time? That seems unlikely because the range of that first letter seems to stay consistent. Maybe the frame # is shifted? I'm assuming that Aluisio is using mscha canonical numbering - hopefully that's true.
Inspiration lacks me
I tried, I tried, I tried it in vain
The words can't seem to agree

Names don't matter, look up in vain Could this mean that it doesn't matter if it were said by Cueball or Megan or whomever?
Not one, always five, no space in the napkin Is the napkin the format of five letters? I don't know what this "not one, always five" refers to - the shift?
Words or letters, choose one of them Above, it says that words don't agree, so maybe letters?
Overflow. It can not happen.
Seems like some index wraps around then.

When I poke around, trying to figure this out, converting the letters to base-26 numbers means using the google calculator and poking in, say, 4*26*26+15*26+11. This is a pain-in-the-molpy. Is there an easier way?

Aluisio, what I think would be very helpful, would be for you to maybe go through this and make notes on a point-by-point basis, like "right track", "way off", "this is not important to the solution" etc. It's very hard to work on something if you don't know if you're getting any closer, and doing that may make it possible for others to try woking on it too. Your puzzle is very clever, but maybe it's too clever for busy molpies.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

Soup

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Soup » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:46 pm UTC

NewPixBot!

With a Vytron Yntec ninja-bomb!

Spoiler:
DbaSnqpcXY.png

Redunda
Spoiler:
MPBDC.png
MPBDC.png (21.46 KiB) Viewed 18110 times
Waiting for it...

Go username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, Rakhal, thunk!!

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Re: nag, nag, nag

Postby slinches » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:00 pm UTC

ronaldkr wrote:Sorry, I really had to do this.

Click .. click . clickclickclickclickclickclickclick. Why isn't this working? (Nice work ronald)

How do we get this to show up in place of every ad in Randall's browser?

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: Aluisio's Riddle - all clues to date

Postby SBN » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:07 pm UTC

ggh wrote:Thanks, BlitzGirl! Plane lands in less than an hour. :)

Enjoy! We've done the two-city thing too much, but never for that long, nor when our kids were that young. It's not easy. Hope you're all back together permanently before too long. I will say, it is just as much of an adjustment reuniting as it is parting, maybe extra hard when it is for a short visit.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

ggh

Re: Aluisio's Riddle - all clues to date

Postby ggh » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:40 pm UTC

SBN wrote:

Enjoy! We've done the two-city thing too much, but never for that long, nor when our kids were that young. It's not easy. Hope you're all back together permanently before too long. I will say, it is just as much of an adjustment reuniting as it is parting, maybe extra hard when it is for a short visit.

Cheers, SBN! And now his plane's been delayed for an hour. It's definitely going to be tough - I'm used to being solely in charge, and now I'll need to learn to coordinate and compromise. But it'll be good! (if you've got any tips tho - please share!)
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

Eternal Density

Hyperspace!

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:51 pm UTC

DrSamCarter wrote:Is it heretical that my life is such that I tend to see the OTTification of the othercomic BEFORE I get around to seeing the othercomic itself?

ETA And that, on average, I probably smile about the same?

The opposite of that would be heretical.[edit: oh, BlitzGirl alread said that.]
slinches wrote:With all of the effort GLR has been putting into these banners for the store, it seems to me that he could generate more revenue with much less effort if he would just put some OTC related merchandise on there. Heck, weu even have a whole wiki page devoted to T-shirts we want to buy.

uby "we", I mean you guys. I personally haven't contributed much other saying "I want, I want" and throwing money at my monitor.
I also OTTified an OtherComic with T-shirt slogans but that wasn't really a request.
ETA:
Spoiler:
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

jovialbard

Postby jovialbard » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:00 pm UTC

@ggh re: riddle

Spoiler:
Here's a javascript function that might make it easier.

Code: Select all

function decode(str) { total = 0; for (var i = 0; i < str.length; i++) { total *= 26; total += str.charCodeAt(i) - 65; } return total;}

There's a console built into most browsers if you put that line of code in there then you can do something like:

decode('ABC');

and it should return 28 (0*26*26+1*26+2). Does that help?

eta: I just came up for a peek because I saw some Time stuff on Drawception, welp, back to the basement I go.
I wrote a book exploring the nature of identity and loss of self! And another book about babies!
Also, vlog and short-story blog

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:17 pm UTC

That's BlitzGirl's christmas present sorted… Now she can remotely punsaw! VITSSÅGSLANGBÅGE, JA!
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:22 pm UTC

VITSSÅGSLANGBÅGE, JA! :D (Is there a trebuchet version?)
Love the modified banner, ronald. And a Soup-made DC newpixbot! Image
Also, somebody stop jovialbard before he escapes back to the basement!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:50 pm UTC

ronaldkr wrote:Sorry, I really had to do this.
<nocat>
Spoiler:
The attachment store_gd_h10_LbM8_mod.png is no longer available

Maybe this?
time_banner_1002.JPG
time_banner_1002.JPG (7.04 KiB) Viewed 18026 times

ggh wrote:
SBN wrote:

Cheers, SBN! And now his plane's been delayed for an hour. It's definitely going to be tough - I'm used to being solely in charge, and now I'll need to learn to coordinate and compromise. But it'll be good! (if you've got any tips tho - please share!)

You've recognized the challenge, letting go. Especially with the little one, he's fully a parent, not just subbing in.

Edit to fix the tags.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

I should be writing

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:02 pm UTC

ggh wrote:Why "Oscar"? The first digit/letter?
Oscar - O is 14 in A-Z = 0-25

ggh wrote:web... Charlie... a masculine Charlotte's Web?

ggh wrote:J, then? It's a special letter, to be interpreted differently, or not?

AluisioASG wrote:Names don't matter, look up in vain

ggh wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:It's a binary operation. And Oscar isn't there, he moves.

Binary? huh. I don't get that at all.

AluisioASG wrote:My mind has shifted once again

ggh wrote:you need to get a frame number, a quote number, and an index into the quote to get a word, it's hard for me to see how there's enough material to make an answer, let alone one that requires an index or anything to move 14 times

The answer your mind
desperately seeks
is right around you.

AluisioASG wrote:Fourteen times, not more nor less
But only if you keep track of that index

AluisioASG wrote:Charlie, the next, the eleventh step
Tells you by whom, and when it was said

AluisioASG wrote:No move, no sound, it comes from her
The frame of beyond, a reference becomes

ggh wrote:now there are five alphas. If A is zero,

AluisioASG wrote:Not one, always five

ggh wrote:if we find one beyond 3099, we should subtract that number from the next ones?

AluisioASG wrote:Overflow. It can will not happen.

ggh wrote:Aluisio, what I think would be very helpful, would be for you to maybe go through this and make notes on a point-by-point basis, like "right track", "way off", "this is not important to the solution" etc. It's very hard to work on something if you don't know if you're getting any closer, and doing that may make it possible for others to try woking on it too. Your puzzle is very clever, but maybe it's too clever for busy molpies.

Milestone coming. Can't waste. Edits?
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:10 pm UTC

Earlier I wrote molpify. I should have used the word molpimorphicize, which is the non-stick-figure version of anthropomorphicize (which my spell-checker says is not a word either).

So what is the molpimorphicized version of the Internet? Ah! It must be red spiders. You know: because of "the web". Right?

Ok:

I had an infestation of red spiders. That might sound like it would be fast internetH, but it's actually the congested 503 kind. So, I put the boot in place and stompedV them down to a reasonable number. Now I am enjoying the company of my few red spiders. :)

Thanks to all who are giving me feedback on my Time viewer. I am working on adding support for your browsers.

V Sorries to Valarya.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

ronaldkr

Postby ronaldkr » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:21 pm UTC

SBN wrote:Maybe this?
time_banner_1002.JPG

Treeish! Reminds me somehow of two famous lines of Frost:
Robert Frost wrote:But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep

Edit: tried to reinsert SBN's image
Edit: tried to repair the quote ... what's next?
Last edited by ronaldkr on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:56 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

HES

Postby HES » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:22 pm UTC

azule wrote:Earlier I wrote molpify. I should have used the word molpimorphicize, which is the non-stick-figure version of anthropomorphicize (which my spell-checker says is not a word either).

And yet my spell-checker says "anthropomorphizing" is.

To be honest though, I've spent so long in this place I've learned to ignore all its silly suggestions. Of course semencoffeecancerbabiesonice is a word! (I'm not adding anything to the dictionary as I don't want it leaking into the outside)

there was some stuff I wanted to reply to when I was too busylmjb, but I forget.

lmjb I still am, I just don't care anymore
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:31 pm UTC

ronaldkr wrote:Treeish! Reminds me somehow of the two famous lines of Frost:
Robert Frost wrote:But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep

And that reminds me of this (Newpage 337):
Spoiler:
elementropy wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:<snip>Speaking of which, it is Time for me to keep traversing the thread of Time. I have newpages to go before I coma.

With apologies to Robert Frost:
"Stopping by Fora on a Caffeinatedcancerbaby Evening"

Whose fora these are I think I know.
His work is on the comic though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his frames fill up with snow(/sand/cancerbabycoffeeetcetera).

My little browser must think it queer
To stop without a lastpage near
Between the sea and unknown lake(I mean, river)
The tallest pixels yet to appear.

It gives its "loading" icon a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound’s the sweep
Of pixel'd sand-slash-downy flake.

The fora are quirky, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And newpages to go before I coma,
And newpages to go before I coma.
I miss you, elementropy!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:37 pm UTC

HES wrote:
azule wrote:Earlier I wrote molpify. I should have used the word molpimorphicize, which is the non-stick-figure version of anthropomorphicize (which my spell-checker says is not a word either).

Oh. It says anthropomorphize is wrong. I guess the 'c' becomes a 'z'....silly English. Yeah, I should stop trying to spell. lol.

*still in ketchup/peeking mode*

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:38 pm UTC

I keep misreading elementropy as "elemolpy"... Image

Eternal Density

:D

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:59 pm UTC

Molpish elemolpy!
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:00 am UTC

Soup wrote:NewPixBot!

Neat!

I also love the timified xkcd store banners. Here's another one.

List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

HES

I love it when avatar gifs are in sync :)

Postby HES » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:02 am UTC

azule wrote:
HES wrote:And yet my spell-checker says "anthropomorphizing" is.
Oh. It says anthropomorphize is wrong. I guess the 'c' becomes a 'z'....silly English. Yeah, I should stop trying to spell. lol.

Oh, missed that. But even spelling it correctly (according to google), spell-check still says no. Odd that it allows one tense (is that even the right word?) but not the other.
azule wrote:*still in ketchup/peeking mode*

*leaves door invitingly open*

(With a one way forcefield, of course. Don't want anyone else escaping)
He/Him/His Image

SBN
Saved

Postby SBN » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:07 am UTC

HES wrote:

To be honest though, I've spent so long in this place I've learned to ignore all its silly suggestions. Of course semencoffeecancerbabiesonice is a word! (I'm not adding anything to the dictionary as I don't want it leaking into the outside)

there was some stuff I wanted to reply to when I was too busylmjb, but I forget.

lmjb I still am, I just don't care anymore

I haven't seen an assignment report... Are you keeping to your schedule?

Some Ways to Time

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:17 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:I keep misreading elementropy as "elemolpy"... Image

With apologies to StratPlayer:

1. elementropy is the name of an OTTer

2. Otters are a type of molpy

3. Yappobiscuits is both an OTTer and an otter (doubly molpyriffic)

4. Biscuits are a type of foodstuff

5. Foodstuffs decay or degrade over time

6. Entropy is what causes decay

7. The elemolpy is immune to entropy since they "never forget"

Of course, simple as that. Who wouldn't conflate those two?

It's all related!

HES

(Assignment 2,3: Complete)

Postby HES » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:20 am UTC

SBN wrote:I haven't seen an assignment report... Are you keeping to your schedule?

:oops: I wasn't yesterdip, which is why I snuck off without saying anything. I have ketched up now, though. Mostly

I shall make it, and then after a dip of coma I will return in full OTTifying swing.
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Time After Time

Postby mscha » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:30 am UTC

MRIDONGAMS...
ImageImage
-- posted by newpixbot

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:32 am UTC

WTC is that, in the top right corner??
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Re: Time After Time

Postby slinches » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:34 am UTC

What's that in the upper right? A cloud, a swarm of mosquito-raptors?

ETA: preview ninja'd by mscha

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:34 am UTC

Ooh, a peculiar skymolpy!

HES

RUN.

Postby HES » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:38 am UTC

That's a swarm. Swarms are never a good thing.

Not what I was looking for, but:
Spoiler:
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:52 am UTC

Looks like a treeish tree to me, like the ones from T** **d:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:56 am UTC

mscha, how does centering work on a small screen?

[center][img]http://xkcd.mscha.org/otcstories/t1i-0147.png[/img][img]http://xkcd.mscha.org/tmp/newpixbot_head_r.png[/img]
[img]http://xkcd.mscha.org/tmp/newpixbot_body.png[/img][/center][right][size=75][i]-- posted by newpixbot[/i][/size][/right]

Soup

Postby Soup » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:56 am UTC

Thanks, BlitzGirl and mscha!

So, confession time?
Spoiler:
I often call my Outsidei meowlpy, Daniel, "The Danimal," instead. Todip, I caught myself saying "Danimolp" without realizing. No idea how long THAT'S been going on! :roll:

i indoor

Edit to spoiler, because it's more fun that way. EveryOTTer knows that!
Last edited by Soup on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:01 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting for it...

Go username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, Rakhal, thunk!!

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:59 am UTC

Neat, 7 second posting difference.

HES

Postby HES » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:01 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Looks like a treeish tree to me, like the ones from T** **d:
Spoiler:

Funny that the *nd is the least *ndish suggestion...

azule wrote:mscha, how does centering work on a small screen?
Badly.

Soup wrote:No idea how long THAT'S been going on! :roll:
:lol: You say that as if it's a bad thing :wink:
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:05 am UTC

azule wrote:mscha, how does centering work on a small screen?

[center][img]http://xkcd.mscha.org/otcstories/t1i-0147.png[/img][img]http://xkcd.mscha.org/tmp/newpixbot_head_r.png[/img]
[img]http://xkcd.mscha.org/tmp/newpixbot_body.png[/img][/center][right][size=75][i]-- posted by newpixbot[/i][/size][/right]

It ain't good...
Spoiler:
Yikes...

No newpixbots were harmed during the production of this post

ETA: You might be right, BlitzGirl, good catch! If so, it's not a treeish tree IMO, but an **dish one.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:25 am UTC

mscha wrote: If so, it's not a treeish tree IMO, but an **dish one.

Good point! I was wondering what to call those trees, since they're not epsilonish or baobabish or treeish... Endish or **dish will do nicely!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:28 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Endish or **dish will do nicely!

Endish is too explicit, and **dish is what a happy molpy eats it's dinner from. How about *ndish?
He/Him/His Image

Eternal Density

All newpixbots were harmed during this post.

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:33 am UTC

I haven't really done much hotdogging todip. Well, not on my hotdog at least.
Spoiler:

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:43 am UTC

HES wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Endish or **dish will do nicely!

Endish is too explicit, and **dish is what a happy molpy eats it's dinner from. How about *ndish?

I'm going to stick with endish for now, since asterisks are annoying to type via phone. :wink: Though T** **d will always deserve them.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”