1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

mscha

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mscha » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:39 pm UTC

Look who I see peeking out of the basement...
Who is online wrote:Users browsing this forum: Angelastic, BlitzGirl, HES, kfkskweikds, lmjb1964, mscha, Soup, yuvsgvoand and 20 guests

Come and say hi, Angelastic!
You missed at least one wowterful Jocottification.

ETA: Ah, pope. Decree: try to summon all the basement dwellers.
Last edited by mscha on Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:06 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

HES

Re: 1190: "Pub"

Postby HES » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:41 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:
HES wrote:Jeez, you'd think it's the weepend. Where is everymolpy?

Studying for exams?

Ah, yeah. About that... I'll probably have to take another OTT hiatus in a mip or so while I deal with SEVEN outside exams :(
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:15 pm UTC

That's okay, HES. Exams are one of those disgusting necessities of life, like mucus.

mscha wrote:Look who I see peeking out of the basement...
Who is online wrote:Users browsing this forum: Angelastic, BlitzGirl, HES, kfkskweikds, lmjb1964, mscha, Soup, yuvsgvoand and 20 guests

Come and say hi, Angelastic!

Oh, I should pass this on from the FB group:

Angelastic: I just read a newpage, for the first Time in a while. It was fun, and informative, because I learnt of an Arrogant Worms song I didn't know about (which, it turns out, is actually a Vito Petroccitto Jr song, so I can perhaps be forgiven for not knowing it.) Then I got to the bottom of the page and saw it's 1481 out of 1663. Chirping molpy of a mustard. I'm almost tempted to skip to the end (where there's surely cake for Neil_Boekend's 800th) or to the JoCottification that I was PMed a link to. Or to blindpost the replies I started writing mips ago. But I don't like blindposting because then the forum loses track of where I'm up to and I have to remember it myself. And I don't like skipping because think of how many not-actually-Arrogant-Worms songs I could miss! But it's less than 200 pages. I can do this, right? Maybe if I skim…

For pope:
Spoiler:

ISSUE FORTH, DWELLERS OF THE BASEMENT
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:21 pm UTC

*Message begins*

I'm a little bit stuck at the moment. There's a lot of stuff going on here and it's getting kinda dangerous.

Still stuck in Timeland,
(The)Minim.

*Message ends*
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

Caswallon

Postby Caswallon » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:27 pm UTC

*Pokes head out of basement*
histrion wrote:"Gunaxf gb gur Grzcbeny Vyyhzvangv, zl jbex cebqhpgvivgl unf qrpernfrq qenzngvpnyyl! Gunaxf, Rayvtugrarq Barf!"

Precepter and historian of the Chruch of the Newpage. achoo

ucim

Postby ucim » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:30 pm UTC

Listened to the youtube version of mrob27's jottification, and noticed something... the last frame fades out oddly. Is this deliberate? A secret code? An artifact of youtube's mustardizing codex? Enquiring minds need to know!

Angelastic - Just jump back in! Even BlitzGirl has places she needs to condiment. :)

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

ggh

Postby ggh » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:36 pm UTC

Caswallon wrote:*Pokes head out of basement*

Hi Caswallon! Great to see you!
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

Eternal Density

ketchupping

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:38 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:
HES wrote:Jeez, you'd think it's the weepend. Where is everymolpy?

Studying for exams?

I vaguely remember such things existing. More than five years ago :P
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:46 pm UTC

ggh wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:ChronosDragon is the cause?

That would be my guess, but I haven't filled in the blanks yet, and there's still dozens of characters left.

After I posted the solution to the PM to Laura Mae, Aluisio PM'ed me to give me additional hints, saying that since that PM
Aluisio wrote:I have changed the algorithm that encodes the words ― specifically,
ggh wrote:
I think that's where the shifting comes in

(P.S. It seems now that you've figured out the old shifting ― even if you're not aware of it. Excellent job. And maybe you're right on EKKAJ. Also: AAHHI AFVCV BTAWM AOKBZ ADBPC ABFVT ADBRA AGTHE AIRRN ANITH AAHIS AZLTF ADBZO ABDQR ABUWF ACCEF AAHIS)

Dracomax message is encoded with the updated version. However, each group does not correspond to a word, but to something else. Same for Rainymip's message.
This extra code was an awesome hint, because it's the same bit about dangerous time travel he sent before, and that allowed me to reverse engineer it. So to decode this, you turn the whole thing into binary and the least significant 11 digits give the frame number, the next three give the quote number, and the rest give the index into the quote (starting from 0, so 1 is actually the second word/0. There's a small amount of ambiguity, because 11 digits isn't quite enough for the frame number - when it's 2048 or above, that 1 gets added to whatever's in the quote section. I can explain further if that doesn't make sense.

I'd say it's all Greek to me, but I think Greek would make more sense. And I don't speak Greek. :?

OK, I do understand that it's referring to frame numbers and quotes. But I don't understand how you would turn the whole thing into binary, or how you would determine what the least significant 11 digits are. Are they the digits that haven't accomplished anything?

Preview edit: The summoning worked! Hi, Caswallon!

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:48 pm UTC

Awesomeful! The summoning circle did a summoning!

Welcome forward, Caswallon :D
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Molping

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:16 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:

I'm a bit creeped out that it has repeatedly succeeded.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

ucim

Postby ucim » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:18 pm UTC

Hey Caswallon! Welcome back - glad to see you! How are things going in the Basement? Need any chocolate, or redundamolpies? Anything going on in the Outside?

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:24 pm UTC

Oh dear...I'm the cause of something? But which me? And when? I don't recall doing anything that would overtly disrupt the quasitemporal oscillations of the local mesh, but given how many of me there are (on the order of 10 to the power of 200 or so, as there are for everyone else here - but I think I've met more of them than the average person) and my...complicated...relationship with linear time, I can't be sure if it's happened yet or not.

On the plus side, I can use my army of temporal duplicates in order to read every book in the english canon, at least in this plane of the temporal mesh. Unfortunately, there's also the plane where every third word is replaced with "bacon", and the one where they're read left-to-right...at least I can skip the one where all the books are blank.

HES

Postby HES » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:30 pm UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:Unfortunately, there's also the plane where every third word is replaced with "bacon", and the one where they're read left-to-right...
I totally live in the wrong plane.

Spoiler:
molpy molpy bacon molpy
molpy bacon molpy molpy
bacon molpy molpy bacon
grapevine grapevine
He/Him/His Image

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:38 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
mscha wrote:
ergman wrote:Aaaanyway, since the mysterypix have led us to where we last
Saw cuegan, do you think we'll see them again?
It would be the first appearance of them since Time.

Me would hope so...
On the other hand, the flood hasn't happed yet in the mystery ongs, so
Very unlikely that Cuegan and the 40 are already there.

I see now what you both did there. Then I thought maybe SBN's list above had a similar message, so I went back and read it again. Let's see, GILGPBL RGOCPC. Uh, I guess not.

My house has no clean surfaces on which to put any holidip decorations, much less a tree. And I won't be home till probably close to midnip tonip, so it won't happen todip either. Maybe the elves will show up and do it for me.

Nope. I'm not nearly clever enough for secret messages (either creating or decoding). And not accomplishing a whole lot on my lists either, but a couple more got done. Send the elves my way when they finish there.

HES wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:Unfortunately, there's also the plane where every third word is replaced with "bacon", and the one where they're read left-to-right...

It's just the word bacon, not actual bacon.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:44 pm UTC

HES wrote:

Spoiler:
molpy molpy bacon molpy
molpy bacon molpy molpy
bacon molpy molpy bacon
grapevine grapevine

Spoiler:
yqlom noɔɒd yqlom yqlom
yqlom yqlomo noɔɒd yqlom
noɔɒd yqlom yqlom noɔɒd
ɘnivɘqɒɿǫ ɘnivɘqɒɿǫ
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ergman

Postby ergman » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:01 am UTC

SBN wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
mscha wrote:
ergman wrote:Aaaanyway, since the mysterypix have led us to where we last
Saw cuegan, do you think we'll see them again?
It would be the first appearance of them since Time.

Me would hope so...
On the other hand, the flood hasn't happed yet in the mystery ongs, so
Very unlikely that Cuegan and the 40 are already there.

I see now what you both did there. Then I thought maybe SBN's list above had a similar message, so I went back and read it again. Let's see, GILGPBL RGOCPC. Uh, I guess not.

My house has no clean surfaces on which to put any holidip decorations, much less a tree. And I won't be home till probably close to midnip tonip, so it won't happen todip either. Maybe the elves will show up and do it for me.

I didn't even notice that! Mscha must have brain washed me.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

mscha

Time After Time

Postby mscha » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:30 am UTC

FELLMONGERIES...
ImageImage
-- posted by newpixbot

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:31 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:

I know. What is this strange power that the summoning circle possesses?

Hey, ED, speaking of mustard and hot dogs (which I'm sure someone was, recently) the new layouts are mustard for me. I mean, they mostly work, but when I open Stats it shows up on top of my loot, and then when I click to open one of the specific stats, it shows up way off to the right of the page and on top of other stuff. It just doesn't seem right.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

Eternal Density

Oops I bacon this post bacon.

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:37 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:

I know. What is this strange power that the summoning circle possesses?

Hey, ED, speaking of mustard and hot dogs (which I'm sure someone was, recently) the new layouts are mustard for me. I mean, they mostly work, but when I open Stats it shows up on top of my loot, and then when I click to open one of the specific stats, it shows up way off to the right of the page and on top of other stuff. It just doesn't seem right.

Yeah the bacon not very bacon constructed. You bacon to hide bacon loot while bacon show the bacon and so bacon .

There's a bacon of better(?) bacon available here: bacon://www.reddit.bacon/r/SandcastleBu ... een_bacon/
Um, http://www.reddit.com/r/SandcastleBuild ... esolution/

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:44 am UTC

I played around with the new SB layouts but eventually went back to Classic, which is perfect for my 1920x1080 screen. I guess I'm just a traditionalist. :wink:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:45 am UTC

:!: The address bacon understood.
Firefox bacon know how bacon open this bacon, because the bacon (bacon) isn't bacon with any bacon

Shouldn't be too difficult for someone to write an annoyingawesome bacon substitution script, right?
He/Him/His Image

Eternal Density

I think bacon all my bacon from now bacon.

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:55 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I played around with the new SB layouts but eventually went back to Classic, which is perfect for my 1920x1080 screen. I guess I'm just a traditionalist. :wink:
I kinda still mean to add some features to the new layouts so they're a bit more usable and can do some stuff the classic can do like expanding stuff. But I've kinda been swamped with other stuff.
Classic doesn't have the Faves system though which can be kinda handy.
HES wrote:
:!: The address bacon understood.
Firefox bacon know how bacon open this bacon, because the bacon (bacon) isn't bacon with any bacon

Shouldn't be too difficult for someone to write an annoyingawesome bacon substitution script, right?
Chrome doesn't bacon try to bacon it at bacon!

january1may

Postby january1may » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:10 am UTC

Well, I guess I might also count as a basement dweller :D

I guess, while we're in puzzle mood, I'll ask a relatively easy (compared to some others) mathematical puzzle (that doesn't have anything to do with the OTT, or at least didn't until now).
...You might or might not have known it, but there exists a nine-digit (in base 10) power of 2 whose (again, decimal) digits are all different. I don't ask what this power is (even if you didn't know it already, you can probably find it easily either by using a calculator or with some minor googling).
The actual question: what is the next integer, after 2, for which that statement is true?

And just for the recordin: while I do plan to continue my blitz someTime, it probably won't be within the next bunch of panpix, because, for one, I'm going to bed for my next dose of vivid hallucinations :)

in though, admittedly, in the OTT, I could be pretty much assured that this statement is indeed, literally, going on record somewhere - if not at sciscitor's site anymore, then certainly at mrob's
There are two films that I particularly like.
One of them is a science-fiction dramatic comedy involving a boy who accidentally travelled in time. Extremely popular when it originally came out in 1985, it retains a major cult following to this day.
The other one, of course, is Back to the Future.

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:06 am UTC

january1may wrote:Well, I guess I might also count as a basement dweller :D
You're not in the basement, you're a Blitzer! That is a most exalted state! Even if you pause every now and then, so long as you remain pure of heart, and dedicated to the One True Thread, you will be spared from the fires of He basement, and will one day return in Glory, to sit at the Right Hand along with all the other BlitzGirls (the firsts, the nexts, the fasts, the slows, the primordials, and whatever new flavors emerge as Time and Time After Time marches on).

Nonetheless, we are greatly pleased by your present presence. :)

As for the puzzle, there are only three possibilities, n*2, n*4, and n*8. You could consider n*16 if the initial number had a leading zero.
Whichever one it is, it would also have to have nine different digits.

Unless I'm misreading the puzzle, and you are looking for the next power for which this would work (a nine digit (in base 10) power of 3 whose digits are all different).

Jose

Eternal Density

javascript!

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:18 am UTC

january1may wrote:Well, I guess I might also count as a basement dweller :D

I guess, while we're in puzzle mood, I'll ask a relatively easy (compared to some others) mathematical puzzle (that doesn't have anything to do with the OTT, or at least didn't until now).
...You might or might not have known it, but there exists a nine-digit (in base 10) power of 2 whose (again, decimal) digits are all different. I don't ask what this power is (even if you didn't know it already, you can probably find it easily either by using a calculator or with some minor googling).
The actual question: what is the next integer, after 2, for which that statement is true?
Are you asking what is the smallest n >2 such that there exist an nine digit base ten power of n with different digits?

If so here's all I could find:
Spoiler:
2^29=536870912
10124^2=102495376 the answer
10128^2=102576384
10136^2=102738496
10214^2=104325796
10278^2=105637284
11826^2=139854276
12363^2=152843769
12543^2=157326849
12582^2=158306724
12586^2=158407396
13147^2=172843609
13268^2=176039824
13278^2=176305284
13343^2=178035649
13434^2=180472356
13545^2=183467025
13698^2=187635204
14098^2=198753604
14442^2=208571364
14676^2=215384976
14743^2=217356049
14766^2=218034756
15353^2=235714609
15681^2=245893761
15963^2=254817369
16549^2=273869401
16854^2=284057316
17252^2=297631504
17529^2=307265841
17778^2=316057284
17816^2=317409856
18072^2=326597184
19023^2=361874529
19377^2=375468129
19569^2=382945761
19629^2=385297641
20089^2=403567921
20316^2=412739856
20513^2=420783169
20754^2=430728516
21397^2=457831609
21439^2=459630721
21744^2=472801536
21801^2=475283601
21877^2=478603129
21901^2=479653801
22175^2=491730625
22456^2=504271936
22887^2=523814769
23019^2=529874361
23113^2=534210769
23178^2=537219684
23439^2=549386721
23682^2=560837124
23728^2=563017984
23889^2=570684321
24009^2=576432081
24237^2=587432169
24276^2=589324176
24441^2=597362481
24807^2=615387249
25059^2=627953481
25279^2=639027841
25572^2=653927184
25941^2=672935481
26152^2=683927104
26351^2=694375201
26409^2=697435281
26733^2=714653289
27105^2=734681025
27129^2=735982641
27209^2=740329681
27273^2=743816529
27984^2=783104256
28171^2=793605241
28256^2=798401536
28346^2=803495716
28582^2=816930724
28731^2=825470361
29034^2=842973156
29106^2=847159236
29208^2=853107264
30384^2=923187456

curiously all but the one that's a power of two are squares.

previewninjedit: maybe ninja'd?

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:41 am UTC

Here's another mashup between the latest mystery frame and an **dish frame:
Spoiler:
Not much to say. Still a perfect match apart from the undergrowth (which was presumably washed away by waves), and still on track for a perfect overlay in 9 newnewpix, i.e. an Outside day and a half.
No molping whatsoever since the last appearance of the rabtor, 44 frames ago. Image
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

ggh

Postby ggh » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:20 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
ggh wrote:This extra code was an awesome hint, because it's the same bit about dangerous time travel he sent before, and that allowed me to reverse engineer it. So to decode this, you turn the whole thing into binary and the least significant 11 digits give the frame number, the next three give the quote number, and the rest give the index into the quote (starting from 0, so 1 is actually the second word/0. There's a small amount of ambiguity, because 11 digits isn't quite enough for the frame number - when it's 2048 or above, that 1 gets added to whatever's in the quote section. I can explain further if that doesn't make sense.

I'd say it's all Greek to me, but I think Greek would make more sense. And I don't speak Greek. :?

OK, I do understand that it's referring to frame numbers and quotes. But I don't understand how you would turn the whole thing into binary, or how you would determine what the least significant 11 digits are. Are they the digits that haven't accomplished anything?

It's why 1 is the loneliest number. :(
The slow way to turn the codes into numbers is (spoilered for length)
Spoiler:
to turn each letter into a number according to A=0, B=1, C=2...Z=25 and then interpret that in base 26, so that ABCDE is 0*264+1*263+2*262+3*26+4 = 1910. This is painful. Fortunately, jovialbard kindly sent me this javascript function that just returns the answer (once I figured out how to open a javascript console):

Code: Select all

function decode(str) { total = 0; for (var i = 0; i < str.length; i++) { total *= 26; total += str.charCodeAt(i) - 65; } return total;}
decode('ABCED');

When you posted your PM, I was suspicious of how the first and fourth letters were always early in the alphabet. Three letters is plenty to encode the frame number in base 26, so I converted all those first three letters into frame numbers and started looking at the dialogue for those frames, looking for any clues. When one of them included the word "traveled" and the one before had the word "time", I realized that the coded phrase might well be the same as the uncoded one. Knowing what the answer had to be, I just blundered around in the dark 'til there was a pattern in the remaining letters that fit. It turned out to only be apparent to me once I converted to binary (which can be done by hand, but why?

I still never would have gotten the slightly different later codes, except for that PM to me with the same phrase and mentioning a different shift; more blundering in the dark looking for a pattern. It makes sense though with Aluisio's poem-clues in retrospect - in binary (forgive me, computer-sciency types) a shift of the digits to the left or right is a multiply or divide by 2 - for example 100 is 4, 1000 is 8 and 10 is 2. Sure enough, the different fields for the index into the quote, the quote number and the frame start at the 14th digit, the 11th digit and the 1st digit (counting from the right - the least significant digit, the 1's place.

At first, I'd run the code, convert to binary using that site, parse the fields, reconvert to decimal, look up the quote and start counting words, or later letters. But then, this javascript thing looked like it might be a time-saver, so I found:

function truncate(n) {
  return Math[n > 0 ? "floor" : "ceil"](n);
}
and wrote

function frame(int){return int%2048;}
function quote(int){return truncate(int/2048%8);}
function letter(int){return truncate(int/16384);}
function pieces(str){return quote(decode(str))*1000000000+frame(decode(str))*1000+letter(decode(str));}
function piecesalt(str){return (quote(decode(str))-1)*1000000000+(frame(decode(str))+2048)*1000+letter(decode(str));}
which meant I could go straight from the five-letter code to something I could easily see the quote number, frame and index number in without having to go through the binary myself. Then I'd just have to look up the right quote, and cut-n-paste it into

function countin(str,int) { return str[int];}
and voila! a letter emerges. Do it 26 times and you get:
AluisioASG wrote:
Dracomax wrote:Aluisio has gone quietly mad after staring into the eye of harmony becoming quantum entangled.

I ain't mad, just “operating on a higher plane of intelligence” as usual. And DMQCE ETLUF ADBXY CSCWX ABFGJ BJTCS AQAAB BEDCA CIBRH BKPTJ AYLSS ENEGH BAJHT HBXYN AYMZZ ABIUB DZSSP AOJWZ AAFKL APCKM AOEYS ANGSO ARZRX AZLRL ASYCC DXVNZ preparing for the Madness.

The thing that makes me chuckle is that I never noticed the javascript. I don't really know what javascript exists for, or how one would notice it, and I never imagined using it myself, but the OTT made me. :P
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

Eternal Density

fishing

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:33 am UTC

ggh wrote:The thing that makes me chuckle is that I never noticed the javascript. I don't really know what javascript exists for, or how one would notice it, and I never imagined using it myself, but the OTT made me. :P
I used javascript for the 9 digit number puzzle too :D
Pretty much the only javascript I'd done before the OTT was probably 8 years ago, for a couple of weeks for a university assignment. Which is why the hotdog is so terrible.

speaking of which,

## 3.274
- Break the Mould unlocks quicker: it wasn't counting the amount of factory automation you had and was just counting a fail once per machine per run.
- Countdowns are loaded as a float rather than an int (why didn't waveny fix that with the other things a month ago?? Probably didn't expect me to get crazy with the Temporal Duplication countdown)
- Hall of Mirrors is now a toggle (and it'll be off if you already have it but it defaults to on when you buy it) (toggling costs a goat to discourage from toggling it off before buying MHP and then on again after you've bought it)
- Temporal Duplication factor negative fix, and formula fix
- Glass Storages now offer machine purchases when you have infinite (important after Molpy Down) (oops!)
- Shopping Assistant would seem to work for boosts with an alias but it wouldn't actually buy. Fixed now.
- Waveney's robotic shopper thing maybe works?

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:51 am UTC

"Are you still a Time Wizard?"
- My daughter, noticing me reading the OTT.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:55 am UTC

SBN wrote:"Are you still a Time Wizard?"
- My daughter, noticing me reading the OTT.
That is adorable! Image
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:22 am UTC

Time Wizard! Brilliant. That needs to be a rank of Timewaiter of some sort. Not sure what it would actually entail, but yes.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

mscha

Time After Time

Postby mscha » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:30 am UTC

CHRISTONGLE...
ImageImage
-- posted by newpixbot

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:31 am UTC

I think SBN's title should be Time Wizard.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ggh

Postby ggh » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:31 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:
Rainymip wrote:AOGKV ABEYA AGSGA AGVGO AUUNF ARZUW BTAYC AAFIR AZIRB ATWIF AIQBM ABGWU AIQHG ALMJP CTYNS ASXPB AFYUY AXOIT ADDUW DZTTZ AGVEN AOKDJ BFZOJ AKOCK BBFQP AVPLR CDFJM AJORT BGXQA AFUVO DEIDK BISXJ AKMAA AIQMV COMHL ABHBK FENLA BBIIU ATYZO BRZWC BYQGN AAETK BSCAA CSFHB BQFZE ACZHP ABDOV BOMRJ BJVNO BCGND AKRCX AHRKX BVAJD ASZVL APDYA BWSWH BBLBS BNLJO ADBQI BDCLT AFTLB BKQAN

?

The Little Wonder woke up - gotta run. I'm up to:
"ChronosDrag__ is the cause of all thi"
Agatha the Awesomeful

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:33 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I think SBN's title should be Time Wizard.

She can be the first Time Wizard, but I think there needs to be an order of Time Wizards, like the Knights Temporal.

Also, it's molpish to see you drawceptioning again, BlitzGirl :)
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:13 am UTC

Indeed! New computer! Image

Holy ch*rp, check out the new Othercomic.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

sad

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:14 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:I think SBN's title should be Time Wizard.

She can be the first Time Wizard, but I think there needs to be an order of Time Wizards, like the Knights Temporal.

Also, it's molpish to see you drawceptioning again, BlitzGirl :)

Oops I kinda forgot to Drawception. Because I didn't get an email telling me that my latest game had finished because no one wanted to draw it :(

Um how am I being previewninja'd? BlitzGirls post was there before I started this one :O

BlitzGirl

Re: sad

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:16 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Um how am I being previewninja'd? BlitzGirls post was there before I started this one :O

I went to edit it to add the link to the Othercomic, and accidentally deleted the post instead. So I retyped it. :P
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Re: sad

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:19 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:Um how am I being previewninja'd? BlitzGirls post was there before I started this one :O

I went to edit it to add the link to the Othercomic, and accidentally deleted the post instead. So I retyped it. :P

Oh.

After viewing the Othercomic I'm feeling very sad.

Also I keep typing sand instead of sad.

Hey I guess you can update your location to something other than 'computerless'.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”