1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

yappobiscuits

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby yappobiscuits » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:36 pm UTC

Welcome Forward, MistyCat! Congrats on the successful blitz!

ZoomanSP wrote: Steakish and awesomeful OTColourmanipification! And it includes turtlemolpy! It seems like the proportion of ice in the semencancercoffeebaconbabies has increased...

Thanks! Though it's supposed to be a little prickly, not a turtlemolp... and indeed, it's frozen semencoffeecancerbaconbabiesonice! That makes the "on ice" part redundant, but redundancy is molpish.

Ooh, pope again. I decree that you shall all have a very molpy ch*rpmas!
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

micdi

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slipping into the future"

Postby micdi » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:42 pm UTC

Long ago...:

Spoiler:
Smithers wrote:
mybrainhurts wrote:Someone thinking in "hours" definitely tin't be our Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer!

That be almost as bad as thinking in newpix.

Oh NewPices, I always liked newpix better, though, but I see that the latter has prevailed.

Also it seems I would be eligible for Cardinalship (?) :P
Wait, no then I would have to be a Timewaiter and use TimeFrames instead of Newpix, so no.

diego5wh wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:we were always getting dangerously off topic. Just an reckon-did.

FTFY

Good Summary.

micdi wrote:
be there seriously hipsters cropping up for this an particular comic/needle-pulled thing? In the face of forumites whose innermost essence've been here for half an dozen years or more?

Yep, c an't promise i'll leave afterwards, though <just to try>

blitzing backwards a bit: It seems I didn't know back then, what "afterwards" implied :)

TheRic wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:there be definitely some Magic added to the central pile from the last frame.

That's more bugs rising!! The insects will take over the Earth!! It has been planned since day one!!

Well I am looking forward to see how long this theory lasted :)
Blitzing the OTT (hibernating).
Sometimes flickering into the Present.

HES

Postby HES » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:55 pm UTC

+ this post (and several preceding it)

Have a merry Time, OTTers!

ETA: Welcome forward, MistyCat! And enjoy the past, micdi!
For pope, we're trying - but there's some flooding getting in my relatives' way and they don't have a raftcastle :(
Last edited by HES on Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:01 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
He/Him/His Image

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Re: Molpy Ch*rpmas!

Postby Earthling on Mars » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:59 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Earthling on Mars wrote:Oh, also, nobody ever answered this OSH from three pages ago:
Spoiler:
Earthling on Mars wrote:
OSH

This is Megball*.
What newpix are they from?

*Or Cuegan, if you prefer, ni ni ni ni ni.

If it looks too hard, take a close look at the ground. :wink:

Is it 1011?
Spoiler:

It's close, but I'm not sure if that's the right newpix.

That is correct, Image! The hint was that there is mustard on the ground; I took it from the original frame 1011 instead of the demustarded version.

yappobiscuits wrote:
I made a holidip present present for y'all!

Awesomeful, yappo!

And yay, MistyCat has arrived!

Preview edit: Treeish, HES!

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:01 pm UTC

Awesomeful, HES! *Attempts to sing "Seven Megballs crenellating" in time with the music and fails miserably*

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:02 pm UTC

MistyCat wrote:I'm here. Now. Here and now.
<snip>

Hey, I'm old. I forget stuff... Oh, you're right. Merry thingy, everymolp.

Welcome! And indeed, Merry thingy to all!
It is always a bit of a shock to reach a goal long sought. Rest awhile, and you'll soon feel right at home in the present.

Enjoy some wintry molpies
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:08 pm UTC

*dons a labcoat*
Mistycat: Welcome to the world of tomorrow!
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

HES

Postby HES » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:14 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Awesomeful, HES! *Attempts to sing "Seven Megballs crenellating" in time with the music and fails miserably*

*tries*

Seven Megballs crernlern

I don't see the problem :wink:
He/Him/His Image

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:00 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote: Steakish and awesomeful OTColourmanipification! And it includes turtlemolpy! It seems like the proportion of ice in the semencancercoffeebaconbabies has increased...

Thanks! Though it's supposed to be a little prickly, not a turtlemolp... and indeed, it's frozen semencoffeecancerbaconbabiesonice! That makes the "on ice" part redundant, but redundancy is molpish.

That's ok, I guess. I thought the girl next to it would be the little beanie girl with the turtlemolpy, but now I see that her hair is slightly different. Still a molpish pic, though!

Steakish OTThercomic, HES!

Welcome to the Present, MistyCat! Time to celebrate! Cake for everymolpy:
Spoiler:
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:06 pm UTC

Yeah, it's supposed to be mini-bunny. But I don't blame you for getting them mixed up as they do look very alike!

micdi

Postby micdi » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:31 pm UTC

Long ago...:

Spoiler:
Smithers wrote:
Fantastic Idea wrote:Whatever happens to eow be not my fault, Hal.

Also ic reckon she be building an Magic catapult.
And he be off-camera cause it be going to pan out again and we'woll see hwæt he built.
KarMann wrote:
Fantastic Idea wrote:It be so hard to keep up with this needle-pulled thing and also do things like eat and socialize with nearby humans.
æfre Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( into the future ic have stake-did in this needle-pulled thing it be been When ic Caught Up With The End. ic reckon ic have stake-did maybe six times.

Sounds likes someone needs to get his/her priorities straight.

but when ic go to other folk's Thatched Roof Cottages they give me food

Zazu wrote:Nothing there but a bunch of backstabbing, murderous outsiders.

Now I'm scared

Also it seems I need a hat, well I'll get to it...

NP 200

ucim

Postby ucim » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:41 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:
Spoiler:
To bacon, or not to bacon, that is the question
Whether 'tis Nobler in the mind to suffer
The lack of that glorious taste
Or to consume the sow and bear
and by eating end them? To die, to sleep
No more; and by sleep, to say we end
The life of the sow or bear
That the Flesh is heir to? 'Tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wished. To eat, to taste...
What a piece of worke is Neil_Boekend! How seaish in
Bacon! How infinite in Otting! In forme and execution
how expressive and admirable! In Action, how like a Baobab!
In apprehension, how like The Randall!
The wingishness of this world! The paragon of molpies! And yet,
to me, what is this quintessence of sandsaltsemen?
Neil_Boekend delighteth me, and by my smiling you may see that it is so.

yappobiscuits wrote:
Spoiler:
I made a holidip present present for y'all!
Seaish version
Oh wow! Redundatchristmastreeish!

micdi wrote:Thanks, but I just decided I will blitz, starting on page 182 or something like that, when I last posted here :)
If I come across anything, stupid as maybe, I will probably post it, so don't wonder.
Blitzing is a most Awesome and Holy Calling! I wish you Randalspeed, and we all look forward to your Glorious Return to the Present! And along those lines....
MistyCat wrote:I'm here. Now. Here and now. I've de-Blitzed. Not Blitzing any more because I've achieved the whole purpose of a Blitz which is to be here. Now. In the present. After blitzing. I should have gone coma but it's Christmas eve, and who can properly coma on Christmas Eve when you're waiting for your coal!
Welcome MistyCat, BlitzGirl the Next! What an awesome Quest you have been on! Little did anybody know when BlitzGirl herself pioneered through the One True Thread how seaish it would all become. Grand Preparations are underway (handicapped slightly by First Cleric's antics, and the second scribe's... er... absence. But at least First Cleric won't try to officiate! :)

MistyCat wrote:CueganMegball

I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: A vast and sculpted house of sand
Stands in the desert....
Look upon your mighty work, despairing not
as coma overtakes your treeish thought,
for OTTers near and far will like a lot
the steakish sculpted words that you have wrought.

Be not afraid to face the Voldeframe,
for absent "end", it cannot start anew,
but rather, heed what OTTers ought proclaim:
the future's carved in full by me and you.

Very molpish!

Have a Wonderful Heretical Christmas all! And for those on the Old Calendar, Happy Newyip! (Those who are on the new calendar of course will have to wait for it... the yip doesn't flip until the end of Syzygy

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

mscha

Time After Time

Postby mscha » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:30 pm UTC

WABBLONGS...
ImageImage
-- posted by newpixbot

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:07 pm UTC

Happy holidips, everyone! As per my family tradition, we're going out to see a Christmassey movie today (Frozen, which looks utterly mustardish TBH) and then to eat Chinese food (I don't know how that one started, but I think it may be related to the events of A Christmas Story). Hope everyone has a wowterful holidips and that this epilogue sequence turns out to be more than just t** **d. With that, I must abscond until after Christmolp Dip, for there is much to do!

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:56 pm UTC

Wowterful OTTercomic, HES! :D

Sciscitor wrote:My statistics tools work again and I have to announce a very happy fact: In the last two wips we grew again from barely 20 OTTers a day to almost 30! The graphics can be seen as usual on my site at mschas. (Welcome back Angelastic!)

How molpish! Thanks for keeping track of our OTTerish kin, Sciscitor!

micdi wrote:Thanks, but I just decided I will blitz, starting on page 182 or something like that, when I last posted here :)
If I come across anything, stupid as maybe, I will probably post it, so don't wonder.

Welcome, micdi! Hope you enjoy your blitz! As others have said, feel free to ask if you have any questions. :) I'm looking forward to reading your signposts!

MistyCat wrote:I was looking forward to realtime interaction in the immediate now, but now I'm presently present (at Christmas) and want so much to say so much to things like yappobiscuit's Merry Ch*rpmas post and the gift of Cake from SBN and to apologise for not including a translation in my last post (thanks, BlitzGirl), but my mind has lost a goal. The journey was so much more than the destination...My Blitz has obsessed me for the past four mips, and now it's over. It's over. There's something missing from my life.
Image MistyCat!
Not to worry, this is a common blitzer syndrome upon reaching the Now. :wink: And you handled it masterfully with your wingish CueganMegball ottification!

ucim wrote:
MistyCat wrote:CueganMegball

I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: A vast and sculpted house of sand
Stands in the desert....
Look upon your mighty work, despairing not
as coma overtakes your treeish thought,
for OTTers near and far will like a lot
the steakish sculpted words that you have wrought.

Be not afraid to face the Voldeframe,
for absent "end", it cannot start anew,
but rather, heed what OTTers ought proclaim:
the future's carved in full by me and you.

Bravo, Jose! Bravo!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Time After Time

Postby mscha » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:30 pm UTC

WOBBLONGS...
ImageImage
-- posted by newpixbot

mrob27

KEEP CALM ᴀɴᴅ FEED SQUIRPIES

Postby mrob27 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:37 pm UTC

Chronogram from mrob27
Origin: NP918 ; Destination: NP1678

As my fora uptime stats page shows, we've had a spell of m*stard since I last wrote. Now that I've cached everything, I can Blitz completely offline, but these 503's still slow me down. I have to check in with OTTers via f*ceb**k to find out what they are seeing, and as it turns out imagebot and nopixbot needed a bit of a circuit upgrade to handle the new type of failure.
    To pass the time during these I've been posting my little OTT503ifications, based on Time frames and proceeding sequentially through the story (I sincerely hope I don't have to keep making these until Cuegan meet the Forty!)
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Sadly, while on fb I also learned of the sad (but hopefully only temporary) departure of @Vytron. I don't know if this meme has been done yet, but I'm just going to leave this here and hope it helps...

海 巛 Travelogue 丘 山

It has been just about 250 Newpages since I began my Quest, and during that time I've managed to make it to Lucky's plateau. There is much, much more to go but I feel things are distinctly more interesting and quicker in pace. There is certainly more directly-OTC-related discussion in this portion of the epic tale that is the OTT.
    Timborme firmly believes that the raptorcat was an obvious and artificial plot device, meant to drive Cuegan more quickly forward (uphill) and dispell doubts in the audience (us). But with so much conflicting counsel given by the OTTers, I for one am glad that Cuegan cannot hear us.

Some wonderful OTT songs based on "The Nightmare Before Christmas", suitably timed as if for me to be Blitzing just as we near that dip in the Outside. I also loved the "Livin' on the Edge" parody which I'd love to record sometime... or maybe... hmmmm, so many good choices.

OTTers have begun drafting the "Some Ways to Time." intro in the OTW, which feels like another piece of the puzzle falling into place (that page was my introduction to the OTT). A much-belated Thank You to everyone for creating the Wiki, which helped me figure out how to get involved in this!

@BlitzGirl did a test to find out how the "Viewed NNN times" alt text on attachments is computed. This is of particular interest to imagebot (who might actually be affecting the numbers a tiny bit, but I haven't worked on a formal test yet). As I write this, both images (TheChosenCueball.png and MatrixCueball.png) have been "Viewed 1990 times". Quickly following both links, then following the link to BG's message again, the count goes up to 1991. So it appears that page loads add to the counts of enclosed images, but simply loading the bare image itself does not. That implies that my imagebot is not skewing the numbers. More testing would probably be useful at some point.
    (It was already established that spoilering images has no effect. Indeed, spoilered images get loaded into my browser's cache before I open the spoilers, or even scroll down to where they are. Compare this to the Wiki for example, where images only get loaded when you scroll down to the section that contains them.)

海 巛 Correspondence 丘 山

Rumors of my departure are highly exaggerated (it's just a flesh wound). It's nice to know that my previous post felt that way, as I was trying to capture the feel of those late-800's Newpages. But it's frightening that the sadness about @Vytron came so soon after :cry:
    nopixbot mentions a bit of discussion about the mr*bdex, a.k.a. fightclub, by @azule and @january1may. I tried to reply by PM, but there's been some server mustard making PM'ing difficult, and this is probably of interest to others too...
    "OTT" is in the index because it's a word. But lots of "words", like "framerate", "subforum", "xkcd", "ninja'd", "discworld", and so on ought to be in my dictionary, but aren't. I only have 226257 words in my dictionary lists, and that leaves out a lot. I typed in a bunch of these into a pronunciation dictionary but there are tons more to go and I can't spend time on it for a while. But someone else could make their own newword index, then we'd have three (@Kieryn's was the first).

Well, I guess that's it for now. Molpy holidix to all, and don't let the raptorcats bite!

-- mrob27

海 巛 Chronogram Ends 丘 山

Spoiler:
server-0640.png
O̶T̶T̶503ification of frame m0640

server-0641.png
O̶T̶T̶503ification of frame m0641

server-0659.png
O̶T̶T̶503ification of frame m0659

server-0660.png
O̶T̶T̶503ification of frame m0660

KCaFS-trans.png
KEEP CALM and FEED SQUIRPIES
KCaFS-trans.png (6.15 KiB) Viewed 20837 times

mrob27-static.gif
non-bouncy mrob27 smiley
mrob27-static.gif (1.72 KiB) Viewed 19848 times

mrob27-r2l.gif
mrob27 smiley, reversed
mrob27-r2l.gif (1.72 KiB) Viewed 19848 times
Last edited by mrob27 on Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:40 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

I thought I could wait until I was goat, but turns out I can

Postby AluisioASG » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:44 pm UTC

Code: Select all

WARNING: Breach detected in secure communication system.
>: set encryption +XPA

You have new messages

I'm not apologizing for this.

First things first: kitnoki, where are you? And ChronosDragon, there's something wrong with your subcutaneous tracker. Make sure your scales aren't blocking the signal.

Speaking in tongues, this has begun; I am the end of it all.

chem1190c wrote:Recent archaeological digs outside modern day Cueganville (location of the prehistoric land of "Spain") reveal curious artifacts left behind by an ancient race of nomads, who are believed to have been responsible for the mass exodus from the land of the sea shortly after the dawn of time. The purpose of these relics is as of yet unknown, some suspect they may have been objects of worship for early generations of OTT'rs.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Beautiful.

HES wrote:
Are you in the present,
Or blitzing the past?
Ask is the pace pleasant,
Or moving too fast!

This sounds familiar. Not sure from where.

Eternal Density wrote:I'll be swimming in a river.

Is that like drowning in your own blood?

ChronosDragon wrote:Anyone experienced with Linux and portable hard drives? Been trying to get a permanent but portable Mint install on my 32 gig USB drive (i.e., not "live"), and it's been problems all the way down.

I wonder if you ever got my email.

We fade away… we fade away…

Eternal Density wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Edit: 4300 posts, Time for me to say CHIRPETY CHIRP CHIRP to all the CHIRPING MUSTARD out there!

Watch your ch*rping mouth!

I tend to interpret things literally when it's funnier.

ggh wrote:In the spirit of a belated Thanksgiving... sorry it took me so long.
Spoiler:

I wonder if… no, I didn't save it yet.

ChronosDragon wrote:The DragonDashery's Festive Red Wool Winter Hat line is getting good business this time of year. I wonder why.

I'd like to get one too… if I had an avatar. New story, new avatar.

mrob27 wrote:
mrob27, Timborme,
and
The Latter-Day TimeWaiters Gospel Choir
perform

"Some New Way to Blitz"
based on jjjdavidson's "Some Time to Ketchup"
based in turn on "Somebody to Love" by Queen / Freddie Mercury

Listen or download here (SoundCloud)

Hm. what is MistyCat's status?

I'd like to ask for a couple new icons for the OTTers' map.

The beginning is the end, keeps coming around again

MOOON.

january1may wrote:I know it might be a bit wrong to follow my own "decree"

Actually not. You should set an example.

marchlight wrote:Hiiii!

Ah, good to see you again.

lmjb1964 wrote:people are (mostly) paying me to play money

This still makes me LOL.

I don't speak like you do but I see what you are telling me…

waveney wrote:We only get snow about one year in two and deep snow (deep enough to make snow molpies) about once every 5 years.

We never do. Or at least we didn't use to. But then, Curitiba's weather is kind of crazy.

ggh wrote:Laura Mae, did I tell you how wonderful your recording was? Loved it!

I don't remember if I did, so doing it here.

ggh wrote:Btw, who ended up winning Kieryn's newslide?

Someone else :sad:

january1may, please add some more newlines to your blitzposts. They look like a wall of text.

ggh wrote:genuflect

Is that a real word? …It seems so.

ChronosDragon wrote:Obligatory post of the day

Something something science timey wimey smart

hotdog flutterbee pricklymolp wowterfall wowbobtrees panthersalve

:effort:

I feel there's an Othercomic about this.

yappobiscuits wrote:
Spoiler:

Boabobs!

mscha wrote:In an isolated systemd session you get a different banner every time you spawn a new session.

I'm waiting for the day systemd will include a mail reader.

ucim wrote:
HES wrote:Also,
e1_zURJ
e2_BcqA
e3_PUDb
e4_YLkf
e6_ukIq
e7_RbFw

It's a puzzle!

Has the GLR teamed up with Aluisio?

I won't say a thing.

ergman wrote:
Spoiler:

yappobiscuits wrote:
Spoiler:

ChronosDragon wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:Oops:
Spoiler:

Is the "oops" […] the little ö in the midst of capital letters?

That's the reason I don't use xkcd Regular when writing in Portuguese.

ggh, I'll be giving you a medal. Muttley!

I know how to rhyme ‘pomegranate’ with ‘pillow’.

ggh wrote:Everything Aluisio says is over my head.

Isn't that a Radiohead song?

ggh wrote:Laura Mae, what do you know? Are there hints you can give us? Is Aluisio in your basement?

Do we have private basements now?

ChronosDragon wrote:We OTTeri were pretty witty, yup.

Do the OTTeri come from another galaxy?

ggh wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:Not one, always five, no space in the napkin

Napkin?

It had to rhyme.

mrob27 wrote:@AluisioASG has treated us to chapters of "The Last Time Waiter", sometimes in multiple drafts, in the order they are being written. It's cool to read a story as it is written, and the out-of-order-ness just adds to the mystery.

Yep. The end is usually easier to imagine than the beginning. And I'm doing it once again.

ggh wrote:My other half arrives in the country today.

Hm… isn't there a 3 ¹⁄₂ somewhere above?
For the record, that would be you, your OS and the Little Wonder. And no, I don't know why I correlated both these things.

Oh, that's exciting… a real accident!

Soup wrote:So, confession time?
Spoiler:
I often call my Outsidei meowlpy, Daniel, "The Danimal," instead. Todip, I caught myself saying "Danimolp" without realizing. No idea how long THAT'S been going on! :roll:

A few days ago I called one of my wolpies “Bob”.

yappobiscuits wrote:But BlitzGirl, think of the children!
Spoiler:

In the OTT,
  • All definite otters are OTTers
  • All primitive humans are Megball
  • All children are Randall

Eternal Density wrote:I approve of references to pointers!

But what-if the reference is null?

TheMinim wrote:I found a door.

Soup wrote:Having trouble saving 1110 (certainly by design) to OTTify.

Try the always-moving free media store. I remember there's a Energize-and-Move magnet in there.
I know I had another copy too. Not sure what I did to it. But there's also a project in GitHub.

BlitzGirl wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:
TheMinim wrote:I saw it was half one.

Molpish tale, but half one what?

Oh yeah, some people in foreign lands have epsilon ways of describing Time.

Hmm... how would you say it then?

Over here, it'd be "one-thirty." In my entire American life, I've never heard "half one" in conversation. It's only through foreign language classes that I know what that construction means.

ETA: Some Americans might say "half past one" but that's seen as formal and old-fashioned, with connotations of British-ness.

Here in Brazil we say “three and fourteen”, “two and half”, “twenty to one”. (I once missed a class because the individual said “thirteen and half”.)
Unless you are the National Observatory. Then it's “National Observatory, fourteen hours, twenty-four minutes, twenty seconds. BEEP.”.

HES wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:No, not British, and I do think of them as having doors (or windows) to open. But I didn't make the connections because I never get the Advent calendars 'cause they always have milk chocolate. Why doesn't anyone make a dark chocolate one? That's what I want to know.

Mine used to just have pictures. :| But then, I had a boring childhood.

I don't think I've ever gotten an Advent calendar. At least not by a name I'd automatically associate.

You tell me your parents don't understand you, but you don't get your parents.

ucim wrote:Those French - they have a different word for everything!

Isn't that the OTTer Way?

Soup wrote:I've always wondered if "within the hour" meant 'in less than 60 minips' of 'before the next o'clong.'

For me it sounds like the latter (“within this hour”). The first would be “within one hour”.

mrob27 wrote:
Chronogram from mrob27
Origin: NP857 ; Destination: NP1656

You could spend a thousand lifetimes staring at water and sand ...
thinking as hard as you could ...
and you'd never guess the world had things like this in it.

Molpy Holidix to All
from Newpage 857
(in my pants)

JavaScript be blessed.

Eternal Density wrote:
Spoiler:

If the world is indeed like I see it, I'd rather believe in the world in my own way.

Eternal Density wrote:
OrbitalFacePalm9001 wrote:HELP ME JASON

Press X to JASON.

Does the Hotdog output JSON by any chance?

HES wrote:I guess 12K isn't that significant so soon after 1190...

Is that BlitzGirl's postcount?

ChronosDragon wrote:Eugh...been feeling kinda mustardish this morning.

Hm… please warn us if this happens again.

BlitzGirl wrote:
waveney wrote:
HES wrote:The seaish skycircle will be coming up soon, so I'd better molpy down.

Am I the only non nocturnal Otter? I have been up nearly an hour.

Well, I'm up, but it's almost midnight here...pretty sure that keeps me in night owlraptor territory.

Another Night Owl?

azule wrote:Day coma is the best. Warm sun

That's the problem.

Eternal Density wrote:I want to bathe in this warm sun of yours!!

Be warned: it's kinda hot.

yappobiscuits wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Treeish OTTercomic, ergman! (What the ch*rp is a sex blitz??)

And what about a sex molpy :shock:

Maybe a robotic molpy? Though last time we built a sexbot… well, it was like putting a military AI chip into an action figure.

BlitzGirl wrote:Also, Aluisio sent it to me in a PM and said I could respond in the OTT. I think he's working on a landmark post.

I need to hurry to reach the next milestone by Christmas.

BlitzGirl wrote:
Image it's a Image

A crying tree?

BlitzGirl wrote:
mscha wrote:We're still missing the original URL for the very first frame, and I have enough of an OCD to let that bother me. Image

It bothers me, too. I wonder if anyone could wheedle it out of GLR, since there doesn't seem to be any other way of getting it.

Did anyone actually mail him asking for it?

'Cause I'm only a crack in this castle of glass; hardly anything else I need to be.

ucim wrote:(I don't like javascript web scripting at all, since it can be used by websites to do things it's very hard to detect and next to impossible to stop

If you mean sending data to someone's server, you can (theoretically) block it in the browser. I think Firefox's AdBlock can do that. I remember Chrome have a bug report open to allow that functionality.

ggh wrote:There's a small amount of ambiguity, because 11 digits isn't quite enough for the frame number

A mistake in my calculations, apparently. Not fixing due to backwards compatibility and a stable mapping.

ChronosDragon wrote:Oh dear...I'm the cause of something? But which me?

Once it collapses this won't matter anymore.

HES wrote:Shouldn't be too difficult for someone to write an annoyingawesome bacon substitution script, right?

Right.

The body bends until it breaks and sings again no more

january1may wrote:I guess, while we're in puzzle mood, I'll ask a relatively easy (compared to some others) mathematical puzzle (that doesn't have anything to do with the OTT, or at least didn't until now).
...You might or might not have known it, but there exists a nine-digit (in base 10) power of 2 whose (again, decimal) digits are all different. I don't ask what this power is (even if you didn't know it already, you can probably find it easily either by using a calculator or with some minor googling).
The actual question: what is the next integer, after 2, for which that statement is true?

* checks clipboard history
13147?

taixzo wrote:Also, I second the nomination of SBN as Time Wizard.

I thirds it.

BlitzGirl wrote:
Spoiler:

ucim wrote:
Spoiler:

If we donate to Archive.org, will they remember us?

Neil_Boekend wrote:Anyone remember the nameless horror this wizard was from?

I actually liked the dog. And the robot. Actually, I liked the robot more.

cellocgw wrote:Plus I'm depressed because Number One Son is in a weird state of mind

Aren't we all? As my mother says, “if you look close enough, we're all kinda crazy”.
In any case, I hope he gets back to his normal state soon.

cellocgw wrote:ETA completely unrelated, but I've got FOUR HATS over on StackOverflow! woo hoo!

Oh, it's that time of year already?

A song too sad to describe. May you be happy wherever you are, Charlie Not the Grumbling One, and may your paths cross again one more time.

Rule110 wrote:making exciting underwear...

How does it work?

someone wrote:goat blood

Did we kill ED?
(And after I wrote that, my lopelard went crazy.)

Coyoty wrote:We are now 12 replies away from 66666 replies.

We? Who are you? Pete Townshend?

ucim wrote:I'm sorry about your wolpy - they are just like family.

Yes yes they are. There's one under me right now.

SBN wrote:Never easy to lose a wolpy.

Indeed. From my oldest dog's first offspring batch, I know of only two who are still alive (both are with my grandmothers). Other was poisoned, another was hit by a car, and yet other was alive last time I heard (long ago). The only one we kept for us was lost to a disease not long after. Apparently we didn't buy enough stamps to cover the whole trip to the afterlife, for she was sent back in the next batch: same colors, same birth order, same size relative to her siblings.

TheMinim wrote:Timeland is a wonderful place. But some of the people here are not so.

And so are your stories.
Wait, let me make this right.
TheMinim wrote:Timeland is a wonderful place.

And so are your stories.

MistyCat wrote:BlindPosting from 1624

Almost here.

MistyCat wrote:Thanks for the icecream, cake and hugs following my quote of Reynard the Foxmolpy.
I should have mentioned that I quoted just a short extract from the whole John Masefield poem, which can be found on Wikisource It's a seaish read.

That reference has become slightly familiar after some related research I'm doing.
Now, why ain't I researching about direct neural interface?

lmjb1964 wrote:How did TheMinim get into Time?

I remember that from my review ketchip:

Neil_Boekend wrote:And in this look the spoilevils are orange while spoilers are white (against a black background) so I should have seen it easily.

I'm just trying to find my way; oh dear Lord, hear my prayer

jovialbard wrote:@ggh yay! I helped! And inspired experimenting with javascript to boot! Sounds dirty... experimenting with javascript to a boot. Ooooo, boot, do you like serving the client side, or maybe your a deviant node.js fan you dirty boot you.

Do I smell a pun? Or maybe… no, that isn't making any sense at all. In any case, aren't we here to serve fight for the users anyway?

BlitzGirl wrote:
Eternal Density, in post subject wrote:Hotdog Up!

Is that a pricklymolp in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

That sounds uncomfortable.

The current page is a gas to interpret. Proof:
Neil_Boekend wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
OrbitalFacePalm9001 wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:*imagines all of the black censor bars in the world replaced by spoilers*
Spoiler:

What does that mean?

Good question. I'm not sure.

But it might have to do with a redundakitty in my pants.

Is it wrong how I interpreted that?

Red Hal wrote:SYN

FIN

BlitzGirl wrote:Hehehe we're good at redundancy around here. Image

The login page and UCP says otherwise.

mrob27 wrote:As I mentioned way back in the early 1400's, I had to deal with my cancer, part of an ongoing many-years process.

:shock: You did? :shock:

mrob27 wrote:This was a critical and painful time for the OTT, when one member, @charlie_grumbles, left amidst misunderstanding and hurt feelings.

He'll be back… unless he has already left once.

january1may wrote:From my brief search, looks like he disappeared right after hitting 1000 posts - very possibly because he didn't want to spoil that number. It also happened pretty close to t** **d, which didn't help either.
I doubt he would want to be summoned (not least because of that *round number).

That ain't no round number; in fact I now believe we're committing heresy by celebrating /^[0-9]+00$/ posts.

Did you hear that, charlie_grumbles? (No, not you, Charlie. The Grumbling One.)

january1may wrote:There's a bunch of immature-ish reproduction jokes on late 80, continued to early 81.

Were they in your pants?

january1may wrote:It's Randall Munroe, Munroe darn it! I think that's not the first mention of "Randall Monroe" either (NP81).

I've learned to overlook these occurrences.

BlitzGirl wrote:
january1may wrote:f hey, I didn't know there were that many OTTers with "girl" in their nicknames

We few, we molpish few, we girl-named OTTers. :wink:

Did you just the verbs, Ms. English Major?

BlitzGirl wrote:
Spoiler:

That uneasy feeling…

BlitzGirl wrote:I was molping about in another forum

I think this has been asked before but…
:shock: There are other forums??? :shock:

Now look what you've gone and done; well that doesn't sound like fun

OrbitalFacePalm9001 wrote:NPB log: Instead of awesomeful pictures of acorn trees, UseNet contained terabytes of porn. Wood nut blitz that again.

I wonder if it's possible to hide “metadata” inside porn media.

Eternal Density wrote:Bother, I thought I had one more post until 3K. Oh well. Only 333 until another interesting number. But maybe 3210 is also interesting. I guess they all are. Every post is molpish, but thousands are special .Somehow I'm sure that getting to the next one won't take long, or I could still to a round number forever like charlie...

Cake selected by me personally.
And don't you dare following the steps of c_g.

ZoomanSP wrote:ETA: I tried to update my location on the map (by trying to place a new marker at the new location using my user name in an attempt to simply overwrite the old location), but I only got a notice of map mustard taking place. Does anyone know what I need to do? AluisioASG, maybe?

Try the link in my sig.

OrbitalFacePalm9001 wrote:
azule wrote:Shameless Popenessing. Due to lack of new comic, I decree more OTTifications. 8-)

NNNNNOOOOOO I GOT NINJAED

Oh, I know that feeling.
Wait, look! It's your chance! Go, GO, GO!

ucim wrote:About javascript... [rant redacted]. Suffice it to say that it is too commonly abused, and I have it turned off (Yay NoScript!) by default. Lots of websites use javascript (or even worse, flash) for BASIC NAVIGATION!

I once developed a JS-based content templating system so I could host my website on a static webserver. No JS, no content.

What reminds me I've been negligent with my websites.

azule wrote:what malicious thing can JS do to your computer, Dracomax?

GNOME Shell. Or so I heard.

azule wrote:Because I'm bad, I can't help myself, and because I'm bad:
Spoiler:
I think I heard "will come" more than once. I can't help thinking of that special come that some people know of. So here's the scenario: male and female are getting it on. Female knows of the male's obsession with Time and says "wait for it" because she is not quite there yet and wants to be cute. The male, though, being the pervert that he is, finds this to be a huge turn on and does not wait for it...and comes. lol.

I'm not sure what to think of this.

Is this your real life, is it just fantasy?
Maybe your mind is aligned at 9-byte boundaries!

Dracomax wrote:molpy has 18700 results.

More like 92 results.

I think I've found a new hat.

- - -

ucim wrote:
Chapter 32

100ful!

ChronosDragon wrote:Wow, so exciting. Much anticipation.

ChronosDoge?

ggh wrote:ChronosDragon, […] I wonder which you he's coming after....

I'd guess all of them.

SBN wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:Wow, 504 mustard causing duplicates everywhere!

That was a very Image newpage - I thought I was going crazy for a millinewpix.

What redundant posts? The mustard didn't make me post anything redundant.

You sure?
Chirping Mustard.png

micdi wrote:Hey OTTers, Sorry I can only talk like an outsider, it has been too long since I last lookad at the OTT. I would love to catch up, but I feel it is a challenge too big for me, can you give me a tour? (I know there is the wiki, but i don't want to read it all, and it's more fun like this...)

Apparently this is all you need to know:
Spoiler:
bacon

MistyCat wrote:Hey, you ch*rping ch*rpwit, do you realise just how offensive that could sound?

Signs of a True OTTer #1: voices

HES wrote:Do something on your todo list. Or, if you don't have one, write one!

Will do. I already know what.

january1may wrote:EDIT: hey, seriously, pope? I dunno... the above certainly wasn't intended as a decree, so, er, I seriously don't know, make some cool OTC manips? :?

Inspiration lacks me… this song is so sad…

Spaceman Spiff wrote:My first PagePapacy!
Decree: be awesomeful to someone in the Outside.

Congrats!
I'm not sure I've had the opportunity to fulfill this decree yet.

HES wrote:Blitzer decree: omnomnom, HES sandwich!

Sorry, I don't eat meat.

mscha wrote:ETA: papal decree suggestion: post, for Randall's sake!

Soon.

yappobiscuits wrote:Chirp, pope... I had a treeish idea for a decree a few dips ago and naturally I've forgotten it...

Well, never mind. Here's another one: Bring pics of christmassy molpies!

HES wrote:Decree: Tell us what you found behind a door today.

Dogs. Three of them.

Earthling on Mars wrote:And Pope. Decree: I can't think of a decree. Except, Finish telling about what Randall gave us in the Twelve Dips of Newpix.

Um, Time II?

BlitzGirl wrote:Think of some molpish OTC/OTT wordfilters
that might be imposed on the Otherthreads.

'*' → 'molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy grapevine grapevine'

slinches wrote:Decree: Follow the page pope decree of THIS PAGE.

higgs-boson wrote:ETA: Page PunPope! Soooo, dear fellows - I bought a dynamo-torchlight lately, which was quite shortsighted, because there are already ~20 torchlights somewhere in the household. What did you buy, driven by your ludic drive instead of need? :-) Tell me and make me feel less stupid (yes, papacy to easy my mind ;-).

A painting. As if I had a place to hang it.

OrbitalFacePalm9001 wrote:HELP ME JASON

I ain't Jason.

ChronosDragon wrote:Oh man, pope. Decree: describe your worst sick day! Include redundacats so it's not all **dish stuff :P
Spoiler:

If there had been such a thing (and I know there had), it was purposefully erased from my mind.

mscha wrote:RECKLONGHAUSEN...
ImageImage
-- posted by newpixbot

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

waveney wrote:ETA: Pope: More things for the OTS...

Chirping things.

BlitzGirl wrote:
Optional decree:
Create new permutations of
semencoffeecancerbeaniebabiesonice.

icebeaniebabiesoncancercoffeeseed

mscha wrote:ETA: Ah, pope. Decree: try to summon all the basement dwellers.

kitnoki, typobox, acunning40, ChronosDragon. And CameronCat.

TimeLurker wrote:Edit: Wow, I come back for a short spell and BOOM I'm Pope. You may choose to reminisce about your favorite times in the OTT, or ponder where it will go in the future.

Who's the youngest of us?
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:09 pm UTC

That post is much like unto the Sea, Aluisio! When I have Time I'll actually have to read the whole thing. :wink:

For now, merry Cueganmas Eve, everymolpy! Or whatever holidip/not-holidip you choose to celebrate/not-celebrate!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ggh

Have a molpy Christmas!

Postby ggh » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:10 pm UTC

Gotta blindpost... not enough newpix in this dip...

Have a fantastic Christmas you beautiful things!
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:36 pm UTC

Merry Cueganmas to all OTTers and Timewaiters, young and old, new blitzers and seasoned Elders!
Hello from "hit-or-miss" (mostly missing lately) pelrigg...

I've been peeking in through the dark glass off and on. Catching glimpses of pretty lights and snippets of song. The last semi-check-in was when OtherComic 1305 came out. I thought of here (the OTT) when I saw it. I stopped in and saw the treeish ottifications and saw all the other old-time OTTers stop in and say "Hi!" (To be truthful the reason I didn't say anything that night was due to one too many "sheets to the wind". I wouldn't have been able to type coherently (not that I do a good job when I'm sober. Something I discovered re-reading my old posts.) Be that as it may; to all the old-timers who showed up last week I say "Good to see you."

I did see that MistyCat made it to the present. Welcome Home!

I don't even have a seasonal Colored or manip tonight.

But I do want all of you to know that I have had an immense amount of fun with all of you and I wish I could let you know how much this place means to me (even if I'm not inflicting myself on you as often.)

Again Merry Cueganmas. And enjoy yourselves this holidip season!!!!!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

HES

Re: Post like unto the sea.

Postby HES » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:07 pm UTC

AluisioASG wrote:
HES wrote:
Are you in the present,
Or blitzing the past?
Ask is the pace pleasant,
Or moving too fast!

This sounds familiar. Not sure from where.

Nothing intentional, but I do have quite a narrow range of influences.

As the heretical holidip dawns, let us remember the true meaning of cueganmas: The 9-mip anniversary of Time!
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Time After Time

Postby mscha » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:30 am UTC

STONGILY...
ImageImage
-- posted by newpixbot

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:33 am UTC

mscha wrote:STONGILY...
Spoiler:
ImageImage
-- posted by newpixbot
Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

marchlight

Re: Time After Time

Postby marchlight » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:34 am UTC

Welcome to the present MistyCat!! Congratulations.

Holy chirping mustard, the mysteryONGs have given us a holiday present. I think this is the most excited I've been since T** **d. That tree on the right is treeish!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:49 am UTC

Baobabs!

Well, not literally baobabs. But wowtrees of a different sort!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

micdi

Postby micdi » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:57 am UTC

Long ago...:

Spoiler:
bigcrag92 wrote:
jowo wrote:Just an note to thank the damned Demons for turning an interesting discussion into unreadable gibberish.

Gibberish? seems fine to me-

I still remember thinking like that for a week or so, I might even have mentioned it somewhere in the first 180 Newpages...

beargarden wrote:Hoooly shit this is still going. Glad I didn't miss the end!

Well yeah, you were just in time (no I will not capitalize!) ;)

Smithers wrote:
Edit:
BlitzGirl wrote:Quest progress: 149 out of 259 pages.
Attack of the Trebuchet. NP 222.

I have coma'ed twice since I last traveled the thread of Time, and the lack of chaos in my brain concerns me. Clearly I have been absent too long. Luckily my path now winds through posts affected by the Madness, as the Sandcastle is bombarded by the First Trebuchet. I suddenly desire to Capitalize as many Mundane Words as is Humanly Possible. It shall be All Too Easy to slip back into the Semen/Coffee River/Sea that is This Thread.

Also, THIS:
bouer wrote:Who needs their sanity. Read it all

Dear BlitzGirl,
after all of your messages into the future, I felt compelled to reply by sending one into the past. I hope this message finds you well and that your quest continues strong.

Godspeed,
Smithers

Hehe, this is like reading other peoples' Paper Chase notes. I look forward to seeing the response.
Would have expected Randallspeed, though.

StratPlayer wrote:Accck!!!

I stumbled and strayed in my faithfulness to The One True Comic, and allowed real-life to intrude over the weekend. When last I read, this thread was only 120 pages long...

I give up. I surrender to time. It's slipped into the future and now I'm hopelessly lost in the past.

Well, I'm glad to see he didn't, but I know many have, I wonder how many more will, like me, attempt to blitz it one day.

Nawb wrote:
bouer wrote:How many of the folk still here have been here since the very beginning? ic first saw it at frame 13.

I first saw it at frame 10 or 11. Since then I've read every post of the first (approximately) 100 pages in this thread and registered to say “I registered because of Time.”
But, alas, The Outside interfered, stole so much of my precious Time that I wasn't able to say that or even to follow the recent developments in this thread. (Which is why I quote a post that's close to 40 pages in the past.) That's kind of sad. Meh… :?

So… yeah. What was my point?

Oh, right:
“I registered because of Time.”

There. I said it.

I wonder If there is some kind of record of all those who have watched the first newpix appear, wouldn't that make a nice new sect? I have.

KarMann wrote:
Helper wrote:
rmsgrey wrote:He say-did posts that [ic]seemed[/ic] rational and sane, not posts that [ic]be-did[/ic] rational and sane - which maketh 0.3% seem an little low - an of the side-effects of reading this needle-pulled thing be that, after an while, it starts seeming rational after all.FULL STOPFULL STOP

ic'd imagine apparent rationality approaches 100% over Thing that keeps slipping into the future.

Makes perfect sense to me.

This would be much less funny if not for the continuing mod madness. :)

Some things up till now seemed familiar, so I am guessing I did do a ketchup or at least a partial one once and just didn't post afterwards.

tman2nd wrote:I wonder what Cueball is going to do?

Don't we all, don't we all?

Little summary: The religion (whatever it is called now) now has 6 (I think) Cardinals, the Pope Helper and the Anti-Pope Wraithlord and uses TimeFrames instead of Newpix.
Most other people use Newpix (some NewPices, some terrible Umlaut-constructions)

azule wrote:Edit: Ninja'd

Edit: Future ninja'd. Damn Ti​me Ninjas!

Pun intended? Definitely.

Also the possibility of possessed hats freaks me out, given the amount of hats in avatars... (still need to get me one)

Thanks for motivating us Blitzers! :)

fhorn wrote:oh noes! She fell!!!

I would have been extremely surprised not to see this comment exactly.

The last 2 or 3 pages seemed completely unfamiliar, so I guess I am venturing into truly wild lands now, let's see what ensues, shall we?
Current Progress: NewPage 210 // Newpix 309 (just for reference, I know the whole OTC, obviously)

Going to coma, more to come, not tomorrow though, probably.

Just fiddled this post together again after accidentally deleting it, was a real pain to find all the quotes again, probably forgot something anyway...

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:54 am UTC

Could that be a pricklymolp?
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

OrbitalFacePalm9001

Postby OrbitalFacePalm9001 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:41 am UTC

ImageImage
-- posted by newpixbot

CUEGANMAS AND EVERYONE'S SANITY IS SAVED
>implying that you can't greentext on xkcd forums

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:43 am UTC

Woohoo! I was getting worried that really was another T** **d. Wowtreeish!

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:29 am UTC

Hooray! Time after Time has continued! Merry Christmacueganrandallmas everyone!
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

mscha

Time After Time

Postby mscha » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:30 am UTC

SPHONGIDAE...
ImageImage
-- posted by newpixbot

Kazza3

Postby Kazza3 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:39 am UTC

Just popping in to say Merry Christmas, OTTers. Good to see things are still chugging along- 294 pages since I left is not bad at all. Happy holidays!

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:11 am UTC

Turtlemolp moving to the right, very turtlishly. I think it's more of a turtlemolp than a prickly, but we'll see. Hard to tell right now.

Welcome back Kazzza3! Yeah, lots going on even when there's not a lot going on. But with these new Ongs, it's a pretty exciting time!

micdi wrote:Well, I'm glad to see he didn't, but I know many have, I wonder how many more will, like me, attempt to blitz it one day.
I read that (several times) as "... blitz it in one day." That would be amazing. But I've been gobsmacked before. :)

What are "paper chase notes"?

micdi wrote:Also the possibility of possessed hats freaks me out, given the amount of hats in avatars... (still need to get me one)
There were possessed hats back then? Yowza!

Also, my chronostasismonitor started chiming, and I discovered (spoilered for Voldeframe - be ye of great faith before opening!)
Spoiler:
I swear that "help" wasn't there before, and in addition, there are temporal disturbances that trace back to OrbitalFacePalm9001. This is unmistakable evidence of Knightworthiness. Are there any Knights Temporal that can confirm this, and perform the appropriate rite?

Jose

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:25 am UTC

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Re: Molpy Ch*rpmas!

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:44 am UTC

Wow, this was treeish!

yappobiscuits wrote:[center]I made a holidip present present for y'all!
Spoiler:

and this was treeish:
DrSamCarter wrote:'Tis the season ...

Spoiler:

And this is almost exactly me right now:

waveney wrote:I will be away for a few dips in the stone age at my mothers (No internet, bearly any phone signal) here is a timely reposting of an ottification I did months ago.

Spoiler:

Molpish Holdips Everymolpy.

In fact, I'm waiting for my mom to come and yell at me to go to bed, which is funny since I have been an adult for many years now. :D

Wow, micdi, an Old One returneth! Nice to see you! Happy blitzing!

Neil, I bacon the soliloquy bacon wrote about bacon. I will bacon for you bacon the whole bacon.

And nice further non-baconification by ucim about you!

HES wrote:A steel raptor at the very least. Especially if it travels on grapevines, you don't want those to be brittle.

As for disjointed posts, well.

:D And yes, perhaps not an iron raptor, but I was making a reference to the iron equimolpy of old. Actually was debating between saying metal or iron, and apparently iron won out.

Treeish OTThercomic, HES, but I'm sorry about the flooding. I hope it's not too bad and gets under control soon. :(

Thanks for the molpish data update, Sciscitor!

And YAY! MistyCat made it! And with a poem! I'm sure it's a little disorienting being in the present, but you'll get used to it.

And then there was that post by Aluisio. Lu, I think that one will take a reply all its own. :shock: :)

Nice to see pelrigg. And my goodness, kazza3. It's been a while! Now someone go find the ch*rped secret in Ed's 3K post so he can post again.

And hey, what does this mean?
azule wrote:5 more posts of mine left. What shall I do. Oh yeah, finish. :(

What exactly do you mean, 5 posts left? :evil:

And, a Cueganmas miracle--There is something through there! And we might find out! SO excited to see that.

Oh, OrbitalFacePalm9001 has executed some Time travel, it seems, so someone should knight him temporally. I guess I could, but since I'm in the Western Paradox Church, maybe that means I can't. Plus then I'd have to come up with a knight name for xim. So much pressure!

OK, I really really have to coma, or Santa will never come down the chimney. But I just want to say that it's been fun ringing in Christmas with all of you. As someone said to me, Merry Happy Joyous to you and yours!

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:46 am UTC

Spoiler:
ImageImage
-- posted by newpixbot

Wow, it's a tree!
And a turtlemolpy?!

AluisioASG wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:ETA: I tried to update my location on the map (by trying to place a new marker at the new location using my user name in an attempt to simply overwrite the old location), but I only got a notice of map mustard taking place. Does anyone know what I need to do? AluisioASG, maybe?

Try the link in my sig.

Thanks, that worked! I thought these were just different addresses for the same map, but it seems that they're redundant maps.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?

mscha

Time After Time

Postby mscha » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:30 am UTC

MONGILY...
ImageImage
-- posted by newpixbot

Eternal Density

No json in the Hotdog.

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:14 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Passed the "thousand lifetimes" newpix recently. Each Time I read that one... well it's special. Now I must remember to point out that there's some hotdog unmustard available: so refresh your hotdog tab. I have a friend who made a big deal about doing fancy browser stuff without javascript, about 6 years ago. So I guess that opinion rubbed off.

Bother, I thought I had one more post until 3K. Oh well. Only 333 until another interesting number. But maybe 3210 is also interesting. I guess they all are. Every post is molpish, but thousands are special. Somehow I'm sure that getting to the next one won't take long, or I could still to a round number forever like charlie...

My only limit probably includes some half constructed hopes regarding imaginary sandcastles that don't include pie!
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:21 am UTC

mscha wrote:MONGILY...
Spoiler:
ImageImage
-- posted by newpixbot

Well, it's a rabtor instead of turtlemolpy, but look, it's one of the Bangs Brothers!
Wait on.

Spoiler:

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”