1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

addams

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby addams » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:35 am UTC

ttscp wrote:
addams wrote:Drunk and happy humans geese are fun.
From a distance!

Don't mess with geese. Also
there is that Brautigan story, Revenge of the Lawn.
The link does not do the story justice: imagine coming home
to a lawn filled with plucked hungover geese.
"The geese stood by staring on like some helpless, primitive American advertisement for aspirin"
What would you do?

The translation of your link was not easy to read.
This link may make fun reading.
http://divinentd.com/richard-brautigan/ ... -lawn.html

Thank you for the recommendation.
I like the style. I understand most of it.

Tiiimmmmeeee is Sssllooowwiinngg dddooowwwnn?
I-s I-t g-o-i-n-g t-o s-t-o-p?
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

ucim

Postby ucim » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:14 am UTC

addams wrote:Tiiimmmmeeee is Sssllooowwiinngg dddooowwwnn?
Time will not stop any more than the sea is like unto a river. For we are all like unto tiny droplets into the sea, inconsequential on our own, but together we make up the sea, and in harmony, we make up Time.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

HES

My bad.

Postby HES » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:16 am UTC

I can't stop watching that hamply gif. Look at him go! :D

Even on the weepend, stopping is an asymptote of Time.
Though it does risk devolving into another discussion about how slow the thread is...
He/Him/His Image

KayZ

Postby KayZ » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:08 am UTC

@SilentTimer: Great mysteryONGs. All the time, I was thinking that GLR decided to tell more of the story. It's just that awefulsome.

ttscp wrote:lmjb1964: I have no words better than those already used
but I will chime in to say beautiful. A duet
with yappo? Even better.

That would be really awefulsomebaobabishwowterfullseaish.

With the recent talk about comaschedules, who feels like OTTifying this:
http://www.brainpickings.org/wp-content ... 1500_1.jpg

HES

Postby HES » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:25 am UTC

Speaking of MysterONGs and ch*rped coma patterns, er, -ONG
He/Him/His Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:30 am UTC

No. Your perception of Time is speeding up.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

SilentTimer

Postby SilentTimer » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:59 am UTC

KayZ wrote:@SilentTimer: Great mysteryONGs. All the time, I was thinking that GLR decided to tell more of the story. It's just that awefulsome.

Thanks! :) I'm doing my best to keep up with the OTT's high standardsni.

Or maybe I am the GLR? I am not sure anymore. HES and AluisioASG and now you are doing a good job to convince me, as in OtherComic #329. To view what I mean, please use the HyperText Transport Protocol Secure to communicate with the server “anonfiles” in the “com” TLD, subdirectory “file”. There, look for a file with the name “575354a8b6f53e743200a4fa747060c2”.

ETA:

Redundant:
Spoiler:
The MD5 of that file is 575354a8b6f53e743200a4fa747060c2.
xkcd-time-silenttimer-329-turing_test.png
xkcd-time-silenttimer-329-turing_test.png (23.34 KiB) Viewed 13616 times
Last edited by SilentTimer on Mon May 25, 2015 8:05 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Image Did you like 1190: Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

503? Images don't work? Other mustard? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

Randalspeed to Rakhal, thunk, and all Blitzers!

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:22 am UTC

HES wrote:Even on the weepend, stopping is an asymptote of Time.
Though it does risk devolving into another discussion about how slow the thread is...

Yeah, this is feeling like the most wipendish wipend in a long time... I bet it's got something to do with the fact BlitzGirl has been AWOL for two whole dips... I hope her molpy army hasn't betrayed her and taken her into her own basement :shock:

Well, might as well take matters into my own hands...

OTTing Out In Style
Based on Going Out In Style by Dropkick Murphys

We've seen a lot of sights, and travelled many miles
Hundreds of newpages that brought so many smiles
But this long past t** **d, it's got hard to carry on
And now it is a push to get just one post per ONG

Spoiler:
So what if we threw a party, and all OTTers were there?
Timewaiters, blitzers, and lurkers - all who cared
You'll have a host of OTTish hooligans in a big line out the door
Side by side with HAL9000, Helper and Goggalor
I'd invite ol' Rhomboidal, give our thanks for this thread's start
I'd apologise to Charlie, for disputes now long passed
I'll see old Opiboble, and so many we adore
Tell them we never forgot them, though they may not post any more.

So what if we threw a party, and invited cmyk?
He'd bring along his ol' manips, that brightened up the old days!
It's a One True Thread reunion! And we all get along
Ol' StratPlayer would be there and he'd play us one last song
With a backup band of bass molpies to keep us up all night
There's Latent, RobIrr, tman2nd - the thread is packed in tight!
I'll be out the back building sandcastles with j-davidson
Along with Selcouth, mathrec, BytEfLUsh - and the list goes ever on!

You may bury me for heresy in the rising sea
You can strap me in the chair and pelt me down with candy
Burn steak to a blackened crisp and throw it in a pile
We couldn't really give a chirp, we're OTTing out in style!
You can try to leave our One True Thread, but that's not what we do
You're an OTTer once, you'll always be an OTTer through and through!
Throw us in the basement and then leave us for a while

Make me up, dress me up, put on my OTTer's hat
This party will be wowterful, set out the welcome mat
Now throw the doors wide open, greet the old and new galore
We'll bring the thread back to the glory days once more
So molpy up and party on!

ImageImage

All the OTTers that we loved will all come walking through the door
Maybe they'll feel bad for us and stay here forever more
The thread'll always be here, though we're still all mad as mice
Cause we've been slugging from a stash of semencoffeecancerbaconbabiesonice…

You may bury me for heresy in the rising sea
You can strap me in the chair and pelt me down with candy
Burn steak to a blackened crisp and throw it in a pile
You can try to leave our One True Thread, but that's not what we do
You're an OTTer once, you'll always be an OTTer through and through!
Throw us in the basement and then leave us for a while

But that's not what we do!
An OTTer through and through!
Leave us for a while!
We're OTTing out in style!
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

HES

Postby HES » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:25 am UTC

*throws candies at yappo for heresy*

*gives candies to yappo for treeish ottifying*
He/Him/His Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:37 am UTC

Ow! What heresy was that for? It's all about throwing a huge OTT party in order to bring back all the old ones and basementees! That's a very noble and non-heretical cause! Still, yummy candy...

Just had a thought. Maybe BlitzGirl's absence is because she's preparing something special for her 5000th...

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:22 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Ow! What heresy was that for? It's all about throwing a huge OTT party in order to bring back all the old ones and basementees! That's a very noble and non-heretical cause! Still, yummy candy...

Just had a thought. Maybe BlitzGirl's absence is because she's preparing something special for her 5000th...

She is probably busy making 3099 pictures. Creating it IRL and snapping pictures.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

he/him/his

rvloon

And now for something completely different...

Postby rvloon » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:41 am UTC

To my other-lingual friends: I am currently playing around with an Android application to train my middle son automation in his mathematics (he tends to think where he should know). So, I recorded him counting from one to twenty in Dutch, as well as the words for 'add' (plus) 'subtract' minus and 'equals'. With these sounds I can train him visually (showing the problem), orally (constructing the problem from the words) or combining the two. Now I thought it could be fun if you (or your child) could do the same in your native language, such as English or German, so I can make the application multi-lingual and possibly useful to others as well. Also, it just might be fun to have your child featured in an application on the Google AppStore. Fancy graphics is next on the list, but concentrating on main functionality (and hopefully making it intuitive and sort of fun to do) is first.

So, what I need: one audio file with all the numbers, from one to twenty, and the words for add, subtract and equals used in math in your native language. Thanks!

Ronald

PS: I could do an OTTish version to make this RELATED :-)
Spoiler:
I followed Time until The End and I cannot even buy a chirping T-shirt.

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Re: 1190: "Statistics"

Postby AluisioASG » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:42 am UTC

Code: Select all

[2014-02-09 09:35:10 -0200][pts/1][zsh/3 12577]
«aasg@pegasus:~/Projects/time.aasg.name/postdates»
ϕ clear; ./report.zsh

Calculating arithmetic mean of last 30 days…
Average time between posts on weekdays: 22 minutes, 13 seconds (1333 seconds total), i.e. 64.8 posts per day.
Average time between posts on weekends: 30 minutes, 25 seconds (1825 seconds total), i.e. 47.3 posts per day.

Calculating geometric mean of last 30 days…
Average time between posts on weekdays: 11 minutes, 28 seconds (688 seconds total), i.e. 125.5 posts per day.
Average time between posts on weekends: 15 minutes, 29 seconds (929 seconds total), i.e. 92.9 posts per day.

Calculating harmonic mean of last 30 days…
Average time between posts on weekdays: 5 minutes, 31 seconds (331 seconds total), i.e. 260.8 posts per day.
Average time between posts on weekends: 6 minutes, 44 seconds (404 seconds total), i.e. 213.4 posts per day.

Calculating arithmetic mean of last 90 days…
Average time between posts on weekdays: 21 minutes, 51 seconds (1311 seconds total), i.e. 65.9 posts per day.
Average time between posts on weekends: 29 minutes, 15 seconds (1755 seconds total), i.e. 49.2 posts per day.

Calculating geometric mean of last 90 days…
Average time between posts on weekdays: 11 minutes, 6 seconds (666 seconds total), i.e. 129.7 posts per day.
Average time between posts on weekends: 14 minutes, 53 seconds (893 seconds total), i.e. 96.6 posts per day.

Calculating harmonic mean of last 90 days…
Average time between posts on weekdays: 5 minutes, 25 seconds (325 seconds total), i.e. 265.1 posts per day.
Average time between posts on weekends: 6 minutes, 23 seconds (383 seconds total), i.e. 225.6 posts per day.

Calculating arithmetic mean of this month…
Average time between posts on weekdays: 23 minutes, 26 seconds (1406 seconds total), i.e. 61.4 posts per day.
Average time between posts on weekends: 45 minutes, 47 seconds (2747 seconds total), i.e. 31.4 posts per day.

Calculating geometric mean of this month…
Average time between posts on weekdays: 10 minutes, 59 seconds (659 seconds total), i.e. 131.0 posts per day.
Average time between posts on weekends: 29 minutes, 18 seconds (1758 seconds total), i.e. 49.1 posts per day.

Calculating harmonic mean of this month…
Average time between posts on weekdays: 4 minutes, 59 seconds (299 seconds total), i.e. 288.8 posts per day.
Average time between posts on weekends: 13 minutes, 5 seconds (785 seconds total), i.e. 109.9 posts per day.

Calculating arithmetic mean of last month…
Average time between posts on weekdays: 22 minutes, 35 seconds (1355 seconds total), i.e. 63.8 posts per day.
Average time between posts on weekends: 26 minutes, 34 seconds (1594 seconds total), i.e. 54.2 posts per day.

Calculating geometric mean of last month…
Average time between posts on weekdays: 11 minutes, 29 seconds (689 seconds total), i.e. 125.3 posts per day.
Average time between posts on weekends: 12 minutes, 23 seconds (743 seconds total), i.e. 116.2 posts per day.

Calculating harmonic mean of last month…
Average time between posts on weekdays: 5 minutes, 38 seconds (338 seconds total), i.e. 255.4 posts per day.
Average time between posts on weekends: 5 minutes, 22 seconds (322 seconds total), i.e. 268.2 posts per day.

Calculating arithmetic mean of all of Time and After…
Average time between posts on weekdays: 5 minutes, 59 seconds (359 seconds total), i.e. 240.0 posts per day.
Average time between posts on weekends: 9 minutes, 5 seconds (545 seconds total), i.e. 158.3 posts per day.

Calculating geometric mean of all of Time and After…
Average time between posts on weekdays: 3 minutes, 26 seconds (206 seconds total), i.e. 417.7 posts per day.
Average time between posts on weekends: 4 minutes, 40 seconds (280 seconds total), i.e. 307.6 posts per day.

Calculating harmonic mean of all of Time and After…
Average time between posts on weekdays: 2 minutes, 11 seconds (131 seconds total), i.e. 656.8 posts per day.
Average time between posts on weekends: 2 minutes, 42 seconds (162 seconds total), i.e. 530.1 posts per day.

./report.zsh  18,63s user 0,34s system 105% cpu 17,970 total

I have no idea what this all means.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Neil_Boekend

Re: And now for something completely different...

Postby Neil_Boekend » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:04 pm UTC

rvloon wrote:To my other-lingual friends: I am currently playing around with an Android application to train my middle son automation in his mathematics (he tends to think where he should know). So, I recorded him counting from one to twenty in Dutch, as well as the words for 'add' (plus) 'subtract' minus and 'equals'. With these sounds I can train him visually (showing the problem), orally (constructing the problem from the words) or combining the two. Now I thought it could be fun if you (or your child) could do the same in your native language, such as English or German, so I can make the application multi-lingual and possibly useful to others as well. Also, it just might be fun to have your child featured in an application on the Google AppStore. Fancy graphics is next on the list, but concentrating on main functionality (and hopefully making it intuitive and sort of fun to do) is first.

So, what I need: one audio file with all the numbers, from one to twenty, and the words for add, subtract and equals used in math in your native language. Thanks!

Ronald

PS: I could do an OTTish version to make this RELATED :-)

My native language addition wouldn't help much, being Dutch as well. I could do German for you if you can't find a native but it would be with a Dutch accent. Maybe I can get a native German to help, some of my colleagues are German.

he/him/his

mrob27

Time-Capsule from mrob27, deposited NP1181

Postby mrob27 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:17 pm UTC

Do not open until NP1741

OTT Posts Metadata

Blitzers note: It was soon explained to me (by SBN, see below) that the listing I describe here would be a Bad Idea™. Do you see why? A little further down this NewPage I will have understood, and near the end of my next post I give the answer. You may wish to figure it out yourself! :)

Recently @AluisioASG suggested that it would be nice to have a listing of OTT posts with the author name and time of day, in a form that can be easily parsed. Later he posted a little Python to help get the data into a form suitable for charting, but without a link for the data. I suppose he's letting me decide how much to advertise the link.
    Back in the NP900's, when @jjjdavidson suggested making graphs of post rate by time of day for individual authors, he explicitly asked pemission. The project took a while (I guess it wasn't a high priority), and graphs were eventually announced on NP1129.
    I don't recall seeing much controversy about this, but often the folks who don't support a community project will remain silent out of politeness. It seems easy enough to use the forum's own tools to find out when someone most often posts. But, for now I've removed the data listing, and would like to know what the OTTers think about it.

Goings-On In the OTC
Image RUN. Image

In the time since my last proper OTC summary, Megan and Cueball have been brought before Beardo the Oracle Hypatia Rosetta and experienced a lengthy eye-opening Reveal that answered the driving question as well as many of the smaller puzzles, and gave our protagonists a more motivating goal. So much was revealed that the Comic no longer has that surreal wackiness that we all had to love for 2900 frames. For me, the pivotal frame was There's ItalONG.
   The big reveal clearly agitated the OTT. One type of suspense is now replaced by another, the pace is quickened, and the ineffable GLR even saw fit to change our First Commandmant. To Timborme, Rosetta's reveal seemed a bit too Deus-ex-machina. The bots didn't get it, we had to explain why something "ex machina" wasn't necessarily a good thing.
   Megan and Cueball are now running as fast as their little sticks can take them, all the way back to their 38 companions, who seem to have been left high and dry1 by the Hill People.

Characteristically, the OTT provided deep insight into the Zanclean flood scenario, including speculations about the back-story of how the Mediterranean got to be so dry in the first place. The explanation I worked out whilst watching the OTC without the benefit of the OTT was proposed a few times including here. (For some reason people have decided make a huge dam with flow control and a deepwater saline siphon at Gibraltar to control and maintain the level of the sea, and then millennia later stopped maintaining the facilites, leaving Cuegan's generation to suffer from its eventual failure.)

Other OTT Notes

The post rate quickened; for a little while (e.g. NP1136, NP1144) there was more than one NewPage per newpix, something that hadn't happened since the early Journey period2. Many OTTers were lost in the past and had to do big ketchups; including @BlitzGirl herself :
BlitzGirl wrote:   Mustard! Chirping mustard! Chirpety chirp CHIRP!

She began a sort of mini-Blitz commemorated by this lovely song by @yappobiscuits. About a dozen firstposts were submitted during the period from about NP1145 to NP1155, and approved all at once. Because of old-timers lost in ketchup and all the new folks, the character of the OTT changed a bit during this period.
  There was a voiceover project with auditions (for which imagebot submitted a late addition), and another project to make a musical score for the OTT, and suggestions to nominate the OTT for a Hugo award someyip in the Future.

1 More accurately, low and extremely wet.
2 I do not count the Bagocalypse and similar events.

Correspondence

Several liked my Image Image mustard rating scale, thanks! (and you can use Image Image Image these if the mustard's more riverish). I'm also glad to see that you enjoyed the next 576 syllables of iambic octameter summarizing 576 Newpages. I had a Super-baobab-ilistic-molpy-alidocious time doing it, and I'll hopefully be able to continue the poem/song when I've blitzed up to 123.

Eternal Density wrote:
balthasar__s wrote:I just realized something. The small mrob27s must be so small that quantum things happen. So, this shape you see is actually their probability density function!

That explains how I actually control everything!

I would comment on this, except that, due to some unseen influence I seem to be unable to type right now...

3 NP1728.

I guess that's it for now. Gotta RUN. Image

— mrob27
Last edited by mrob27 on Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:30 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

january1may

Postby january1may » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:25 pm UTC

I expected, um, a bit more discussion of my "original OTT-If". At least it was noticed by the main intended recipient :D (who also happened to post just above my report).
Also, sorry for the delay. Outside stuff get in the way (university classes, specifically - fortunately, at least there's no exams yet). I actually wanted to post this report *yesterdip, but got ninja'd by literally a few seconds (at least it meant I could stop where I wanted to, instead of randomly in the middle).
Meanwhile, I've started to use "ch*rping m*stard" as an expletive in Outsider contexts. I mean, I already was experimenting with expletives, but I just couldn't think of any that work decently in English ("quaternion" is maybe half-decent, but still works significantly better in Russian); and the OTTish phrase filled the gap perfectly.
@ttscp (in the Present/NP1740): yeah, we do have OTTers from Russia :) though if the extravaganza you meant is the one in Sochi, I don't particularly like it (and I'm nowhere near it, for that matter).
@rvloon (NP1741, I think): I'll try to make a Russian version in a few nopix (when I get to a computer with a decent microphone). Not now, unfortunately. (I also don't have a child, and while my brother is of roughly the correct age, his pronunciation is atrocious.)
But anyway...

JFOM Blitz Report 18
Progress: NP243/np395

I'll try to mainly mention stuff that didn't make it to the previous report. I know redundancy is regarded positively on the OTT, but I prefer when it's not too obvious. That said, I have no problem with expanding descriptions that were previously brief :)

We ultimately sort of got some of Randall's musings in the blag, and later some more in the interview (which I, admittedly, haven't seen/heard yet). That said, both of these happened after t** **d, i.e. way after NP223 (but, while it's not mentioned explicitly, sounds like the NP223 people already realized it couldn't happen while the storyline is still going).

I think Dracomax is still around in the Present, and no, I don't recall a Gospel of Dracomax or anything. So I repeat the question: did xe ever properly blitz?

Did the "Prepix" measurement system ever become accepted? I suppose it would've had problems with using shortpix vs. longpix (as the latter is what everyone actually used, and the former was what actually happened near the Beginning). It didn't help that "the Past" is also an Othercomic either.

Kieryn's image is still a spoiler. I don't remember it being like that back in the Past (the one that isn't an Othercomic), but I think I've mentioned that weirdness already in one of the previous reports.

Favorite quote of the NP:
Exodies wrote:Why do you keep interrupting this discussion with your cheesy cartoons?
(said in response to an ONG post in the middle of a discussion, NP224)

Since when the goat-horns sign has anything to do with "the beast"? (Unless StratPlayer was referring to a goat?) At least this sign was somewhat appropriate at the goat of NP224 :D (BlitzGirl, can you not punsaw me please? I want to continue my blitzing!)

What's a giant gambas? From the description, sounds like some kind of a vegetable. Bell pepper? I know bell pepper is pretty tasty when roasted/baked with butter, garlic, onions to taste, and a lot of pasta (which is what I guess is meant by "pastis").

Mon aeroglisseur est plain l'anguilles! Anyone knows how to say that in Beanish?

I repeat: the goat sign in that post means that post is a goat. That simple. I guess it wasn't a goat back then so they didn't realize such an easy explanation (it is very much a goat now, however).

I'm again reminded that while the word "coma" entered the OTT lexicon pretty early, the word "day" still held on for quite a while before being properly replaced by versions such as "dip" and "dix" (possibly as late as the early second kiloNP).

To update on my pun in the previous report: alternately, there's only one Che. (That's still a cool banknote though! I'll try to get one of these for my collection if I remember.)

KarMann's "over 9000" post is currently number 8998 (OTT:225:37 by mr*bdex terminology). Blame polygoating :D

The word "relevation" is one of these weird English words that I'm consistently (mentally at least) spelling wrong. Another is "recurrest"; I think there are a few others I don't rememberd. (For anyone trying to google: both of the instances in this paragraph are in incorrect spelling, but the OTT post that inspired this thought was spelled correctly.)

The Faith FAQ is funny. And a good representation of OTT culture as of NP226 (just after BlitzGirl started, and not much before shex became a part of that culture herself). ...Wait, why "Hat" - does that refer to one of buffygirl's? :?

There is a post on NP226 (by ugmhemhe) that has unspoilered quotes 16 levels deep. I remember seeing 17 levels at some point in the Madness, so this can't be the record, but did anyone ever find out what was?

I'm surprised the Iceists are still around on NP226. I guess "the Snowist heresy" shouldn't be my go-to term for "brief OTT movement" (then again, until I started this blitz, I wasn't even aware they existed, and I thought I already knew a lot about early OTT heresies).

Je ne parle pas espagnol. Ich spreche Spanisch nicht. Ani lo midaber sfaradit. Ya ne govoryu po-ispanski. (Don't know how to say it in Spanish, sorry.)

I think that's far from the first word I've asked about, but what the ch*rp is a cuntnugget? (From the context, it's apparently how OTTers said stuff like "ch*rping ch*rp" back when they didn't have np1823g yet. Still no idea what the word means, though.)

Favorite quote of the NP (again):
mathrec wrote:It may be off topic to comment on the One True Comic
(prefacing a comment about np350, on NP227)

I remember reading in some chemistry book that the true melting point of francium might never be known - if it even has a meaning - as in any significant quantities it heats itself by its own radioactivity fast enough to melt and boil in a fraction of a second. Pretty darn weird chemistry book, that was... it basically consisted of about two dozen chapters that went to ridiculous detail on some specific, very narrow and relatively obscure topics that didn't have much to do with each other, and occasionally didn't seem to have much to do with chemistry.
(Surprisingly, I wrote the above text before I encountered the phrase "francium had been calculated to be liquid at room temperature". It has, by the way - the melting point figures listed in that book varied significantly, but essentially all of them were lower than "room temperature".)

Unlike BlitzGirl, buffygirl is correctly spelled in all lowercase. And since when is Cueball a cardinal?

I think it's "semenated" coffee. Still pretty strange, though. And (later on NP229) I think it still keeps popping up in the Present, over fifteen hundred NewPages later (though it's spelled "semencoffeecancerbabiesonice" now).

PhoenixRising is/was a blitzer? Now, I'm pretty sure there was a Gospel of PhoenixRising, but it apparently happened in the 5th hectoNPc, so I'm not sure what was going on at NP229 (which is, after all, before blitzing was properly invented).

I suppose "15 users and 44 guests" is pretty darn quiet for that early. Closer to the present, there was, IIRC, actually only 1 user and 0 guests here briefly.

What's a Black Mesa? I think there's a wizarding school called Fourth Mesa, and the highest point of Oklahoma is some Mesa or other, but I highly suspect they weren't referring to either.

On NP235, ugmhemhe wants a hat. I repeat that: xe wants a hat from buffygirl. That's a historical occasion if I ever saw one. (The hat is given on NP236, continuing the historicity.)

On NP236, jaxnoth finally realizes that what Cueball is building is a recursive sandcastle :D I wondered how long that would take (I suppose it isn't an immediately obvious idea).

On NP237, yuvi777 posts a surprisingly correct prediction. I searched, and xe only ever posted twice on the OTT (and xer second OTT post is basically a bump of the first one, still well before the prediction turned out to be correct).

Seriously, sexual genitalia jokes are so NP220. You already have BlitzGirl, I think - why the ch*rp you aren't getting punsawed yet? Are you taking advantage of the fact that shex is still blitzing?

Hey, I didn't even notice that micro-flag! Was it destroyed by the micro-trebuchet? (At least it's of pretty plausible size - about a decicueball high.)

Blitzing is discussed again (not by name, of course) on NP239. I think josiahstevenson didn't particularly like the idea (xe also stopped posting a few dips later).

It's funny that the title "Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer" was almost unnoticed during the Madness, yet became very popular after it. Then again, the OTT isn't something particularly known for logic and reason ;)

There is a Gospel of tman2nd too :) so yeah, NP230s (239 in this case) is when prospective blitzers start to think seriously of that idea. Makes that old OTT-If image of mine that much more plausible :D

You doge, I put a sandcastle in your sandcastle so sandcastle wow sandcastle. Did I do this correctly?

I think I've already encountered the BHG snowglobe theory. And the general huge outsideo zoom theory appeared even earlier. (Then again, I've spent so much on this blitz already that I don't know what's "recent" anymore. It didn't help that I went through the second hectoNP pretty quickly.)

How funny: just a few dips ago, I actually googled who the ch*rp was Tannhäuser. (The result surprised me, by the way - I thought xeh would've been an astronomer or something. Should've guessed from the sheer weirdness of the name, though.)

What's a papal fiat? Is it something like the authorial fiat? I think the latter was a pretty decent *car, so the former might be as well.

And it's a little weird (as in a little weirder than expected on OTT), but here's what I wanted to stop this report at...
BlitzGirl wrote:Quest progress: 126 out of 243 pages.
Operation Connect Castle. NP 201.

I have lost track of the newpix I have spent traversing the thread of Time. Newpages flow into newpages, an endless pouring of semen-laced coffee into a glass that will not fill. I exist in a world of perpetual deja vu, for I have seen the present while the posts I read codify a long-ago past. I know Megan will return, in Time. With a trebuchet. Yet the posts I read have not witnessed that epoch, and whisper only of trebuchets in their dreams. Beyond this only lies madness. Perhaps I am already mad.

Either way, it is now time for me to conclude this message-in-a-bottle and proceed deeper into this hopelessly tangled thread.

But why do I suddenly crave pancakes?
(There's a Russian saying that literally means "what a pancake", used roughly in the context where an OTTer would say "ch*rping m*stard". But I doubt it has anything to do with BlitzGirl's cravings...)

d hey, who knows - maybe these are some kind of higher-powerly failsafe, so that the next time I say I had a relevation to recurrest something nobody takes me seriously, and the evil demon Luakel doesn't get reincarnated
x can I use "she" instead of "xe" if it is obvious that the OTTer in question is supposed to be female? then again, I referred to mr0b as "xe" in the OTT-If despite there being no confusion about his gender either
g probably - the source I used said it was 1826, but linked to Geekwagon; I think 1823 is the mscham equivalent
c the commonly-used "centiNP" is technically incorrect - as in, technically, a centiNP would be 1/100 of a NP, or 2/5 of a post, which is a somewhat paradoxical amount
don't worry - you can escape to my post!
o outside as in "outside the frame of the comic", not "the Outside" - thus why I spelled it in lowercase
h I don't know enough of OTT standardsn - can I use "xe" when referring to a non-OTTer?
m I'm using xer system in my reports as much as possible, because it's the one used in the mr*bdex - which I use for determining which newpix I'm on - and I want to be consistent with my numbering
n some sort of a nonexistent molpy-eating raptormolpy that probably doesn't exist, and table tennis ball, I think

Oh, and, of course:
CUEGANARESTILLCLIMBONG...
There are two films that I particularly like.
One of them is a science-fiction dramatic comedy involving a boy who accidentally travelled in time. Extremely popular when it originally came out in 1985, it retains a major cult following to this day.
The other one, of course, is Back to the Future.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: Time-Capsule from mrob27, deposited NP1181

Postby SBN » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:33 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:
Do not open until NP1741

OTT Posts Metadata

Recently @AluisioASG suggested that it would be nice to have a listing of OTT posts with the author name and time of day, in a form that can be easily parsed. Later he posted a little Python to help get the data into a form suitable for charting, but without a link for the data. I suppose he's letting me decide how much to advertise the link.
    Back in the NP900's, when @jjjdavidson suggested making graphs of post rate by time of day for individual authors, he explicitly asked pemission. The project took a while (I guess it wasn't a high priority), and graphs were eventually announced on NP1129.
    I don't recall seeing much controversy about this, but often the folks who don't support a community project will remain silent out of politeness. It seems easy enough to use the forum's own tools to find out when someone most often posts. But, for now I've removed the data listing, and would like to know what the OTTers think about it.

I do think OTTers should be able to opt out. Especially since some are here with their truenames, or are easily linked to them. Some have revealed their truenames voluntarily, and hopefully knowingly, but some have had them revealed by others. OTTers need to be careful, when they are trusted with another's truename, not to reveal it outside the sphere where it is known. I can easily see how such a graph would be interesting, but also how it could be used against an OTTer, by an outside boss, or parent, for example.

I don't think the 21 Kinds of Sliding shindig is affecting my OTTing, since I normally watch TV and OTT simultaneously. Outside keeps demanding my attention though.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

ttscp

Postby ttscp » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:06 pm UTC

addams wrote:
ttscp wrote:
addams wrote:Drunk and happy humans geese are fun.
From a distance!

Don't mess with geese. Also
there is that Brautigan story, Revenge of the Lawn.
The link does not do the story justice: imagine coming home
to a lawn filled with plucked hungover geese.
"The geese stood by staring on like some helpless, primitive American advertisement for aspirin"
What would you do?

The translation of your link was not easy to read.
This link may make fun reading.
http://divinentd.com/richard-brautigan/ ... -lawn.html

Thank you for the recommendation.
I like the style. I understand most of it.

Tiiimmmmeeee is Sssllooowwiinngg dddooowwwnn?

I followed the link you found.
Those are other Brautigan stories. I'm glad you liked them.
I like the way Brautigan writes; he is one of my favorite authors.
The story I was referring to had geese in it. I didn't find a text version on the web.
Way down on the page I linked there is an file of the author reading his story
But I can't copy the link to the file to paste here.

One of the things I like about this thread is our sensitivity to each other's situations. I agree with SBN's analysis of mrob's suggestion. I am one of the otters who refrained when jjjdavidson first made the offer. While it probably wouldn't be bad for me, I also tend to protect my privacy by reflex.

You can find out who I am without too much trouble, but I like to keep the links indirect.

I'm also the kind of guy who would like to analyze the data (if I had time) and of course you can trust me, right?

Actually most of the time my paranoia is such I don't even trust myself.

Edit: correct typos and comment on mrob/SBN posts.
Always act to increase the survival chances of the largest group you are a part of.

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-0508

Postby mscha » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:30 pm UTC

ONGRES...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

ttscp

Postby ttscp » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:14 pm UTC

january1may wrote:Meanwhile, I've started to use "ch*rping m*stard" as an expletive in Outsider contexts. I mean, I already was experimenting with expletives, but I just couldn't think of any that work decently in English ("quaternion" is maybe half-decent, but still works significantly better in Russian); and the OTTish phrase filled the gap perfectly.
@ttscp (in the Present/NP1740): yeah, we do have OTTers from Russia :) though if the extravaganza you meant is the one in Sochi, I don't particularly like it (and I'm nowhere near it, for that matter).

Qu*t*rn**n, now I'm going to have to figure out how to st*r qu*t*rn**n. I have so far been able to keep the words ch*rping stars from leaving my lips, but I've thought them more than once.

They brought the summer extravaganza to my town once. I got to go to one of the volleyball games. The extravaganza wasn't as much disturbance as we all thought it would be. In the US it is broadcast day and night and seems to take up all conversation. I think it might be partly responsible for the s.l.o.w..e..r......w...i...p....e.....n......d.
Always act to increase the survival chances of the largest group you are a part of.

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:41 pm UTC

Well, I can't tell you where Blitzgirl is, but I can say that white fluffy stuff fell from the big world ceiling last night. It's only a few centicues, and I doubt it's enough to prevent Blitzgirl from putting text here from a little electrical signal box, but perhaps it's RELATED?

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:50 pm UTC

Apparently I just (a couple hours ago) dreamed BlitzGirl had posted again.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

addams

Postby addams » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:04 pm UTC

oh. I never met a secret I liked.
As soon as I know it, it is not a secret, anymore.

"The best way to keep a Secret is, "Don't have a Secret."

Do you remember the charms of the Cold War? I do.
Some questions. Many questions were answered with a question.

It is rude to answer a question with a question.
Still..."Why do you want to know that?" Is ok among peers.

It is ok to say, "Yes. I can explain it. But; You would not understand."
"Let's do something else."

I don't like those, "Try Me." guys, anymore.
You?

What are you afraid will happen to you,
if all of your on-line data becomes public?

Are you afraid,
what has happened to me,
will happen to you?

That is a reasonable fear.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:05 pm UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:Well, I can't tell you where Blitzgirl is, but I can say that white fluffy stuff fell from the big world ceiling last night. It's only a few centicues, and I doubt it's enough to prevent Blitzgirl from putting text here from a little electrical signal box, but perhaps it's RELATED?

I've had that happen when I threw a ball at my ceiling and hit it. That was probably gypsum, though, which may not be the same white fluffy stuff you mean. :P
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:13 pm UTC

ttscp wrote:They brought the summer extravaganza to my town once. I got to go to one of the volleyball games. The extravaganza wasn't as much disturbance as we all thought it would be. In the US it is broadcast day and night and seems to take up all conversation. I think it might be partly responsible for the s.l.o.w..e..r......w...i...p....e.....n......d.

I too attended that summer extravaganza. (Unless you mean the first one there, which was significantly before I was born.) I attended volleyball, and athletics, and solo synchronized swimming (which, yes, is an oxymoron.) But it was also the last event, save the finish of the marathon, and the closing ceremony. Getting to attend the extravaganza in person was very moving, and I am always hoping I can attend again.

Tomorrow I shall forgo watching the winter extravaganza in favor of watching the Westminster Wolpy show. I understand that the Big Black Wolpies have a good competitor this year, grand-wolpuppy of the one that won a few years back.

ChronosDragon wrote:Well, I can't tell you where Blitzgirl is, but I can say that white fluffy stuff fell from the big world ceiling last night. It's only a few centicues, and I doubt it's enough to prevent Blitzgirl from putting text here from a little electrical signal box, but perhaps it's RELATED?

Where you live it doesn't take much to cause problems. (Here either, but it isn't due here until tomorrow or the next day.) Some of my relatives in that area had some unplanned adventures, including about 4 hours of waiting to be unstuck.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time

mrob27

Rumours of my omniscience have been greatly exaggerated

Postby mrob27 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:32 pm UTC

(Blitzers note: Solution to the riddle is near the end, after "Edit:")

Okay, what the ch*rp is going on?
*looks around* :shock:

Apparently, what I heard was true.

I'm not sure how this happened, but apparently people think that I know the "truenames" of everyone who has ever posted to the OTT!

How is that even possible ? Does it even ask for your name when you create an account? I had to give an email address and choose a login name, and if I wish I can put in a website, AIM name, etc. in my profile but those are all optional. And I have my name in my signature, but that is optional and I did it mainly because I registered to respond to OtherComic 1047.

The data that @AluisioASG requested, consisting of a post number (Newpage and offset), the time, and the name, looks like this:

NP1741:14   2014-02-09T12:17    mrob27
NP1741:15   2014-02-09T12:25    january1may
NP1741:16   2014-02-09T13:33    SBN

There is no true name or "truename", it's just the OTT name that we've always been using for everything.

And if you actually look at the post that I linked to before, @jjjdavidson's announcement of his charts and follow the link to @jjjdavidson's area on mscha.org you'll find lots of graphs of post rate by time of day, with the same names of post authors that are login names, not real names. There are no truenames involved.

I also don't see how this information is supposed to help me or anyone else guess someone's true name. @jjjdavidson's work does give hints about timezone, but only in the sense of OtherComic 448.

Neither I nor @AluisioASG nor @jjjdavidson nor @mscha has suggested anything involving true names, I hope that's clear. But please let me know if it's not. (Use private message, 'cause I'm blitzing :) ) Because I'm totally baffled.

Edit: Okay, I think I solved the puzzle:

• Using whatever means, somebody figures out my true name.
  • Then they look at when I was spending time on the OTT.
  • Then they use that as evidence against me (if for example I was online when I should be at work).

So the concern is to avoid making it easy to get the possibly-incriminating evidence, in the form of dates and times, which could then be used by somebody who already knew the truename of an OTTer. Is that right?

I hereby declare AluisioASG's suggestion to have been a Bad Idea (however well-intentioned). Note, it's only the idea that was bad, not AluisioASG himself! :D

All right, returning to NP1190... Image
Spoiler:
Molpydown image for Valarya to use in this post on NP1212
NP1212 maybe finger-monkey-4.jpg
Molpydown image for Valarya for NP1212
NP1212 maybe finger-monkey-4.jpg (9.45 KiB) Viewed 13715 times
Last edited by mrob27 on Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:11 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-0509

Postby mscha » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:30 pm UTC

PONGUEFIED...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

SBN
Saved

Re: Rumours of my omniscience have been greatly exaggerated

Postby SBN » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:41 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:Edit: Okay, I think I solved the puzzle:

• Using whatever means, somebody figures out my true name.
  • Then they look at when I was spending time on the OTT.
  • Then they use that as evidence against me (if for example I was online when I should be at work).

So the concern is to avoid making it easy to get the possibly-incriminating evidence, in the form of dates and times, which could then be used by somebody who already knew the truename of an OTTer. Is that right?

I hereby declare AluisioASG's suggestion to have been a Bad Idea (however well-intentioned). Note, it's only the idea that was bad, not AluisioASG himself! :D

All right, returning to NP1190... Image

I didn't mean to confuse or consternate. I'm not sure even the idea was bad, but implementing it carries problems perhaps not immediately apparent.

My point about not crossing up spheres of knowledge stands though. You may know someone in more than one sphere, but just because something is known in one sphere doesn't make it yours to tell in another. This is not aimed at you, specifically, which I think is where the confusion came in. I tried to combine my "let us opt out" opinion with a general caution about revealing others' information when I should have separated the two.

But hey, how about all those sliding people? The fast ones are really fast, and the graceful ones are really graceful. And then there's the slide fast and then fly people, that just looks terrifying.

Some Ways to Time

HES

Riverish quantity of seaish ketchup

Postby HES » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:13 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:But, for now I've removed the data listing, and would like to know what the OTTers think about it.

I have no issue with anything being done with public forum data, though I understand others might. I have what I consider to be sufficient separation between the thread and the outside; the only link between the two is only visible to the members of the secret facebook group (which does contain an otter-realname list), where there is a sense of mutual identity protection - othercomics and conversations brought from there are always, as far as I've noticed, de-outsided.

Now, if somebody who knew me well blitzed the thread without knowing I was a participant, they would quickly join the dots. However, people who know me that well and people who would venture onto this forum are mutually exclusive. That's important, as I spew a lot of personal drivel onto this thread that I don't share elsewhere.

It does raise an interesting point about what information we give away online. I am deliberately vague about my age here, as otherwise my full date of birth would be obtainable - combined with a real name, that is very powerful information.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
january1may wrote:I expected, um, a bit more discussion of my "original OTT-If".

Apologies, whether by fast paced discussion or something on the outside, many otters are easilly distr-ooh look a shiny!

I saw, I enjoyed, but as has been mentioned before most otters work like this:
If they didn't like it, they probably won't say anything
If they liked it, they probably won't say anything
If they really liked it, they probably won't say anything

(BlitzGirl, can you not punsaw me please? I want to continue my blitzing!)

Don't worry, BlitzGirl is AWOL at the moment. Should that be AWOM?

The word "relevation" is one of these weird English words that I'm consistently (mentally at least) spelling wrong. Another is "recurrest"; I think there are a few others I don't rememberd. (For anyone trying to google: both of the instances in this paragraph are in incorrect spelling, but the OTT post that inspired this thought was spelled correctly.)

Revelation and resurrect? The latter I only got through a more-intelligent-than-usual spellcheck suggestion.

I think that's far from the first word I've asked about, but what the ch*rp is a cuntnugget?

The first four letters are what I would describe as the strongest explitive in the English language (Ch*rp, of course, belongs to OTTish), the sort of thing that gets censored even after the watershed. As for the -nugget part, that's just decorative, like saying ch*rpstard, ch*rplet, ch*rp-tonne, etc.

What's a Black Mesa?
One of these:
Spoiler:

It's also a fictional research facility in the Half-Life video hotdogs, rival to Aperture Science. One accidentally created a homicidal computer, the other accidentally got the Earth invaded by transdimentional aliens. I don't know the context, but it was probably a reference to this one.

You already have BlitzGirl, I think - why the ch*rp you aren't getting punsawed yet?

When you reach the bags, young blitzer, you will understand.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SBN wrote:And then there's the slide fast and then fly people, that just looks terrifying.

It can't be that bad if we sent a guy so bad they had to change the rules...
He/Him/His Image

SBN
Saved

Re: Riverish quantity of seaish ketchup

Postby SBN » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:40 pm UTC

HES wrote:
SBN wrote:And then there's the slide fast and then fly people, that just looks terrifying.

It can't be that bad if we sent a guy so bad they had to change the rules...

Crashing in ski-jumping pretty much defines the agony of defeat for those of us that grew up with "Wide World of Sports." So yeah, it looks terrifying to me, but that just makes me more impressed.

Some Ways to Time

ttscp

Postby ttscp » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:58 pm UTC

addams wrote:oh. I never met a secret I liked.
As soon as I know it, it is not a secret, anymore
... Snip...
What are you afraid will happen to you,
if all of your on-line data becomes public?

Are you afraid,
what has happened to me,
will happen to you?

That is a reasonable fear.

I have lived most of my life in the sun, so I fear the dark.
I do not know what happened to you,
You appear reasonable, so that (
whatever it may have been
) I do not fear it.

There have been societies of greater and lesser openness
With differing degrees of ethical behavior concerning secrets.
Not just the keeping of them but also
what to do with a secret that has been revealed.
I have already said that I believe we are living in a village
I guess my concern is that we have big city ethics
and village secrets.

mrob27 wrote:

... Snip...

I don't mean to disillusion you, but omniscience is reserved for GLR if indeed it is for anyone. I would, however, like to agree with SBN that the idea wasn't so much bad as good intentioned.
I don't think anyone would believe AluisioASG himself to be bad, and I say that without being able to remember whether he is one of our flame throwing dragons, so it is without fear of reprisal.

SBN wrote:I too attended that summer extravaganza. (Unless you mean the first one there, which was significantly before I was born.) I attended volleyball, and athletics, and solo synchronized swimming (which, yes, is an oxymoron.) But it was also the last event, save the finish of the marathon, and the closing ceremony. Getting to attend the extravaganza in person was very moving, and I am always hoping I can attend again.

I am not quite that old either. The event I attended was indeed moving, but I also got to attend an exhibition baseball game between the US and a country we were at war with or had severed diplomatic relations with, and found that paradox extremely moving as well.

Eternal Density

Seaish Hotdog Update

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:01 pm UTC

#### Waveney:
- Many small fixes for the Pope
- Small fixes for Western Paradox
- Performance improvements for large Logicat rewards
- More Papal Decrees (Logicats, Ninja Stealth, Fractal Sandcastles, Tool Factory, Vacuums)
- (Note due to an error any decree selected prior to this upgrade will be not be selected afterwards)
- Black Hole Boost
- More choice for Dragon Forge Updates to AC
- Overtime Boost
- Several small nerfs
- Sand monument thumbnails only displayed after a mouseover
- Fixes for Infinite Flux Crystals
- Reduced the start point to get Vacuum Cleaner
- Reduced the Vacuum costs of Panther rush (slightly)
- Allow Mustard or Bonemeal to be used instead of Vacuum for Panther Rush
- Larger Upgrades to This Sucks
- Small Buff Crouching Dragon, Sleeping Panther for high AC values
- Reformatted Logicats to use radio buttons
- Fix for incorrect (low, even negative) boost count
- Fix for thumbnails on sand monuments not being thumbnails

#### D0rako:
- Some boost tag/untag fixes
- Separate Blackprints from Blackprint Plans

#### mart0258:
- MHP result is now logged
- Archimedes won't construct moulds already being filled.
- Reduce duplicate notifications
- Ensure caged logicat doesn't keep active puzzle on reload

#### LucidCrux:
- Fix Kite and Key, Lightning in a Bottle. They now also refer correctly to Lightning Rod instead of Glassed Lightning.
- Western Paradox does not require Ninja Herder
- New Boosts: Ritual Sacrifice and Ritual Rift
- Panel border fix
- Some code refactoring
- More icons
- More discoveries
- Time rifts are now visible images on pix
- Remove lock button on in-shop ceilings

#### ED:
- Add a few changelog entries, fix version number :P
- My 'Swedish advisor' made another suggestion.
- Merging, some minor fixes such as use of plural()

#### eqbot
- Some code refactoring (pretty important actually - ED)

#### Unponderable
- Flux Crystal notifications

#### mrkeldon
- Boost for auto shadowdragon

#### Dorus
- Scale TF Load Letter into 10T

#### GeneralYouri
- Log + export being hidden by newpic
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

Eternal Density

Re: OTHERCOMICONG

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:18 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:Image
I see a few ways of increasing GLR readership :
Ch*rping OTTers
The OLPC project

The problem is that GLR is so well known that there aren't that many people online who would like it but don't know about it yet. Thus to increase readership we must create more online people who would like it.

Makes me think of http://xkcd.com/583/

Redundant:
Spoiler:
reproduce.png
"If I have otters, my parents will have kittens... and that would be redundant."
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-0510

Postby mscha » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:30 am UTC

INCONGRUENCES...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:30 am UTC

You really never tire of Megan's behind, do you Cueball...

Eternal Density

something something tyres

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:40 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:You really never tire of Megan's behind, do you Cueball...

But he often tires behind Megan.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:44 am UTC

And behind often cueballs Megan's tyres.

ergman

Postby ergman » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:58 am UTC

You know, it's really hard to read this thread while doing something else. Ottish takes all my attention apparantly.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

Eternal Density

Back to a previous topic

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:59 am UTC

This is relevant because of reasons:

HES

Postby HES » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:01 am UTC

I can't read anything whilst doing something else. I can, however, do other things whilst waiting for it.
He/Him/His Image

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”