The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (The End!)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (The End!)

Postby dimochka » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:17 pm UTC

Adam H wrote:
dimochka wrote:1. make adjustments for clearly illogical actions (should've probably taken away roband's voting privileges for that day or something.
I hate this idea. If you are worried about players misusing kills, don't give them a kill.

That's probably a better idea. thanks.

i'm having a LOT of issues with forums today... timing out constantly.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:21 pm UTC

Okay, after reading the discussion thread I have a few things to say:

-One doesn't realize how brilliant the design of the game and setup was until reading it. The way the trackers, doctors, redirectors and cops interacted with each other was amazing. It ended clearing a lot of townies very fast, but that was only the fault of scum-redirector pointing it out. Really, chaos ensued with both town and scum scratching their heads wondering what was going on, making people at the end believe that I had no SK wasn't worth it. Lesson: If you are scum, let chaos take over the game, specially if the alternative is clearing a lot of people that aren't you.

-There were nights where I redirected instead of killing, being afraid of being targeted for a kill myself. This turned out critical and the game would have ended one day earlier had my kill gone through. Lesson: If your win condition is to have everyone else dead, withholding your kills isn't very smart.

-Sofclaiming evil role is retarded. It's as if I said "gee, guys, I'm a ghost, but I'm a good ghost!" It probably would have been better to just refuse to softclaim, or ignore the request entirely. Looks like I had kalira in my bag at some point, but, they were pinged even before they said they were pinged on thread.

-I don't like luck-based roles. I'm just glad town's win didn't depend on DJ rolling a 4 on random.org, but it could have.

-kalira played like an ass-kicking badass and deserved to win. Claiming vigilante gets you lynched if there's more than one kill on the night, specially against confirmed town like mpolo and moody (because you can't claim having killed either as vig, and kalira was the only player left with confirmed kill powers), yet, not here. I know I couldn't have pulled it out if I got their role. Kudos.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:45 pm UTC

The dump has my original role. Here is the correction I received shortly after getting the one in the dump:

Spoiler:
Sorry, looks like I wasn't using the final draft of the setup for your role as I was doing final tweaks on my phone last night. Updated role below:

Role: Velma Dinkley
Description: You are the brains and eyes of the Scooby Gang, and you are well-versed in the sciences, especially in first-aid.
Alignment: You are town and win when all threats to town are eliminated.

Ability
- You can successfully doctor anyone at night, also roleblocking them. Furthermore, you will know if any actions (non-chat) were directed at your target (but not by whom / how many / what type).
- Instead, you can choose to investigate someone's appearance (cop action). The result will be Human or Non-Human.

Please confirm via PM that you read this update.
Image <-- Evil experiment

just_me

Postby just_me » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:50 pm UTC

yeah the setup was awesome.
Although I am still pretty mad that we didn't win in the end. After the horrible start I was pretty devastated, especially after noticing that eculc was the only remaining scum and I had just gone out of my way to create a stupid reason to attack him ^^
Then things kept going better and for some reason people didn't feel like lynching me so much with eculc confirmed I was pretty sure he wouldn't get lynched.
Safeclaims would have been nice definitely. Good job on Vytron lynching eculc over kalira.
The only thing I feel I really did wrong was to not question Vytron more. I felt it would undermine my credibility to be overly critical of the way he got conf town status if I had set up the lynch a little earlier it might have been possible to get his motives questioned more.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:01 am UTC

Night Actions:

N1
Spoiler:
- Adam follows Scooby's scent -> result is moody/mpolo
- moody sniffs mpolo -> mpolo visited moody (due to vytron's redirect)
- dj withholds action to run away
- madge cops eculc -> successfully, result is human
- diemo - no available night actions for N1
- mpolo cops eculc -> cops moody instead due to vytron's redirect, result non-human
- candyfloss -> not around to do any actions
- freezeblade and new user - both withhold
- eculc - chat with just_me, kill adam
- just_me - trap new user (who didn't do anything)
- vytron - redirect all of mpolo's actions onto moody

N2
Spoiler:
- moody sniffs madge -> madge visited just_me (because of vytron's redirect)
- dj - withhold
- madge -> watches just_me instead of mpolo and sees just_me visit her (with the kill)
- diemo -> adds moody to chat
- candyfloss/kalira -> kill diemo
- new user -> withhold
- eculc -> orders just_me to kill madge
- just_me -> other than the kill, traps mpolo (roleblock)
- vytron -> redirects all of madge's actions to just_me

N3
Spoiler:
moody -> sniffs kalira (would get result of dj had he not died)
dj - withhold
diemo -> invite mpolo (fails because mpolo dies, allowed to invite someone else instead to join the following night; invites vytron)
mpolo -> investigate just_me (would get result of non-human had he not died)
kalira -> roleblock DJ
eculc -> kill moody
just_me -> never submitted any action
vytron -> now that NU is dead, killed mpolo

N4
Spoiler:
dj -> decides to use his 1-shot run. rolls a 4 which would allow him to avoid all night actions and see how many people are chasing him and cop them. however, no one is chasing him. he's told as much
diemo -> never invited anyone else, but he died anyways
kalira -> roleblocks vytron
eculc -> kills diemo
vytron -> redirects eculc's actions to kalira (but he's roleblocked which takes precedence)

N5
Spoiler:
DJ -> no remaining night actions
Kalira -> roleblocks vytron
Vytron -> kill kalira (fails because he's roleblocked)

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:18 am UTC

Thanks Dim.

dimochka wrote:N4
diemo -> never invited anyone else, but he died anyways

Wait, I distinctly remember he inviting me and we having the chat where I soft-claim the kissing human demon role on the night.

dimochka wrote:dj -> decides to use his 1-shot run. rolls a 4 which would allow him to avoid all night actions and see how many people are chasing him and cop them. however, no one is chasing him. he's told as much
kalira -> roleblocks vytron
eculc -> kills diemo
vytron -> redirects eculc's actions to kalira (but he's roleblocked which takes precedence)

Most critical action in the game. If redirecting took precedence kalira would have died, I convince them to lynch eculc, kill DJ, and the next day it's Diemo Vs. Vytron.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:59 am UTC

Check N3. He invited mpolo who died so he instead invited you. Those actions are effective for the following night.

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:52 am UTC

Yeah, I was pretty sure that I was going to die N4, to be honest.
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:48 pm UTC

If (when) I do another, there will be safeclaims and there will probably be a cult. And alignment will NOT be as clearly related to roles, which will make writing flavor oh-so-much easier. Couldn't really mention specific people doing stuff without revealing too much...

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:29 pm UTC

Oh, thanks.

I liked very much the conditional recruiting elements of Scooby, trying to find who was Vincent to recruit him and being afraid of having found him and getting him lynched was fun. Usually mafias have a player that is looking for the role of someone to lynch them, or kill them, but to recruit them is very different.

Instead of adding a cult I'd suggest expanding on this, perhaps the starting "cult leader" can only recruit certain players, and those players know this and are benefited if they're recruited (e.g. if they were survivors and now they also win if the leader or other recruits survive), so in the game they try to send signals to the leader to be recruited without it being too obvious to other players, or something.

The problem with cult games is when the game reaches a point where the best a town player can hope for is to be recruited, change win conditions, and win with cult, so I like the concept of expanding win conditions (like from "you win if you survive" to "you win if you or Nicara survives") where the recruited can't hit town/mafia .

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:31 pm UTC

Thanks for the feedback, I'll keep it in mind!

Return to “Mafia”