1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

TheMinim

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby TheMinim » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:31 am UTC

HES wrote:Anyone mention the Othercomic yet?

Yep!

karhell wrote:Arr! That be an mighty greet Treasure Map, thar, Cap'n Mrob! An' indeed yar parrot be doin' things unspeakable to th'URLs.

By th'way, Th'othercomic be on deck (finally. Guess Admiral Randall drank one grog too many an' overslept ^^) !

Mome mome mome... suggest an OTTish cough remedy?

Edit - Ninja'd by karhell! :lol:
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

azule
Saved

Re: 1190: "Zanclean Zodiac"; ᔪ--

Postby azule » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:44 am UTC

« Frame 17: NP1811:29 | » Frame 19: NP1814:37

The Zanclean Zodiac

While staking claim to another parcel, two from the new tribe are attacked by ᕒᖚᑫᕋ. It was time for them to show whose land this was now. With one precise thwap of ᘊᖊᔕ, ᕒᖚᑫᕋ learned a lesson and the bearer solidified the human's safe presence here, always to be secure in their ability to defend themselves and to survive.

AuthorComics in need of OTTifying. The WEEPONING is NiGH!!1190

Lurkreplies, with NSFW after break:

ergman, great Snailpies.

AluisioASG wrote:Meanwhile, open the JavaScript console while on MDN and see what comes up.
Ya, I saw that. Was cool to see, except I applied previously and therefore this was a bitter reminder. :P

Vytron wrote:
SBN wrote:"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the universe" Carl Sagan

True that. I guess I'm just still mad that Time voldeframed, but Randall still has my regards for starting it all.
But like a child now grown, you provide what your father/mother no longer do. So, while it might be nice to get new things from them we don't need them as we can provide them ourselves. *cough* I mean, more please, Randall, may we have another. *devil* *angel*

haircut74 wrote:Now, I have discovered the OTC and wish to become a part of the OTT. I'm only 235 newpix in, and so far I've been mostly moving ahead in the OTC through Sandcastle Builder. I'll probably end up blitzing through the OTC soon, but blitzing through over 1700 newpages of the OTT seems a bit daunting. In any case, I'm here now.
Welcome. Cool to see how you're trying to experience the OTC in real time. Also scary how you don't seem to know how it turns out.

On a related note, I was reading a(nother) fanfic on Spirit. In this the sad ending was fixed. I think we're doing that with out TATs. :)

balthasar_s wrote:
Spoiler:
Creepy. heh. Is this the start? EDIT: Ooh, with the following MysteryONGs...you predicted it... OR spoiled it. You might be making them, balthasaurus_rex? Also, balthasarus.
FutureNote:

mrob27 wrote:mrob27 : That's kinda creeping me out.
imagebot : Humans are unreliable. If the fora are impaired by mustard we bots will save Time for all bots of the future.
She should try for Rosetta instead. I love her quote, btw!

On the unicorn's existence, what if it was a mutation on a single horse. A scaly growth, probably not very pretty but somewhat horn shaped, became myth as this horse was a rare find, and if caught, promptly killed with no photographs to prove anything and with artists with nothing better to do than be way too creative.

AluisioASG wrote:
azule wrote:Here's an OdeTiTy about baobabs (that I did way long ago):

What's an OdeTiTy?
I think you've asked before, but I thought it was answered. I'll answer for myself then: It's an OTTification of an AuthorComic. Everyone else says either OTTification or OTTherComic.
FutureNote: O(de)T(i)T(y). Eh? ;)

balthasar_s wrote:Yesterday I took my 3.5 year old sister and went on an adventure. Three were treeish trees. Jumping over riverish rivers. What I found interesting is that her questions about the rivers, and everything else were a bit cuegan-like.
That's nice. A much younger sibling, eh? Modern times. My brother is 8 yips younger than I. Anyways, I wanted to know what cuegan-like things she said. Any chance of some paraquotes?

AluisioASG wrote:* throws chocolate-covered while chocolate truffle at azule
* [menacingly]: And there are more from where this came from!
Ow! that's not nice!

lmjb1964 wrote:Another great blitzreport from balthasar_s.
blitzasar_s.

AluisioASG wrote:Well, I never heard that song, or Wrecking Ball, or Harlem Shake, or Friday, or pretty much any viral song post–Gangnam Style.
But as ucim once said, I have unusual taste in tunes. Well, not so unusual but enough.
I read that as "unstable" (instead of "unusual"). I think I like that description for my taste in music. :) Of those viral songs, I heard them all eventually, usually with confusion on my face, except Wrecking Ball, for which I didn't realize I had heard plenty but that it was the video only that was notably viral.
ergman wrote:I don't really get why everyone despises that stupid fox song. It's stupid on purpose, it's a comedy song!
There are plenty of worse songs that weren't supposed to be goofy.
Oh, bother, another song I'll eventually get stupefied from listening to.
FutureNote: heard it, nothing happened. *phew*

Neil_Boekend wrote:
ggh wrote:I don't think I am a Knight Temporal.... What are the symptoms?

One of the symptoms is knowing how to travel through time. If you knw that it'd just a ceremony away.
Uh-oh, I might be a Knight Temporal.
  • If you ended up in the Present not knowing what happened to four mips of your life . . . you might be a Knight Temporal.
  • If you ended up in the Past not knowing what happened to four mips of your life . . . you might be a Knight Temporal.
  • If you communicated with someone from the Past . . . you might be a Knight Temporal.
  • If you GOAT-Poped . . . you might be a Knight Temporal.
  • If you Pope-GOATed . . . you might be a Knight Temporal.

Vytron wrote:
azule wrote:Actually draw up a proposed design

Oh, is it the eyes of a kitty I see in the sky?!

Um... I'm pretty certain I'm doing it wrong :mrgreen:
Hah, yes, wrong, yet, right. I appreciate the effort nonetheless. Lovely addition. Don't you dare be discouraged from more attempts. hehe.

Vytron wrote:Curiously, when drawing it, after so much time drawing by dragging the mouse in Drawception, I could no longer trace the kitty (which is, clicking to start a line, clicking to end it, and then, clicking and dragging to curve it - click to make another line...), I found it much easier to just draw the curves by myself with the mouse. This was a realization as I never would have thought I'd leave what now is "my tracing period."
You learned that you could draw? Cool. And well. 8-)

ucim wrote:I actually had Timeversary, but changed it because I remembered that "Timeiversary" was not "Timeversary" and remembered it was something about the "i".
Doing a quick search, besides what you just wrote, only I and HES wrote it out as Timeversary. (FutureNote: Now add marchlight.) My reasons are because of "Time", obviously, and "'versary" being the affixing version I choose for that kind of thing. Anniversary is made up of "anno", year, and "versary" which I don't know what it means, but sounds like verse and versus etc. The "-i-" is a compound connector (do you hear the language proficiency skills I'm dropping here? ;) :oops: ) therefore not important to me. Most likely, if we were to create a real word, it would not be with "time" but with "chrono" or somesuch. So: Chronoversary....wait, chroniversary. Done.
Continue. slinches reminds me that it's probably Temporal in Latin. So: Tempiversary. Done II.
FutureNote: Oh, does it have to be tempor-? So, Temporiversary... Fine: Temporichronoswirliwirliversary. Done ∞.

HES wrote:
azule wrote:Threefur comment. Without people like taixzo (and me and others), HES (and me and others) wouldn't be making awesomeful things.

We thrive off one another, as proven by balthOTTscar_s. The best jokes and thread memes come from (deliberately or otherwise) misinterpreting something someone says.
Yeah. Plus, I had a proposed game based on this concept. Though, no one ran with the idea, nor did I emcee it. Maybe. One. Dip.

HES wrote:
mscha wrote:DUMPLONGS...

Thank Silentt. As is probably apparent, I stole a copy of the spoilerframes before they were redacted. In the alternative future timeline, the latest frame looked like this:
Spoiler:
Oooh, really? Thanks for catching that, HES.

BlitzGirl wrote:Oooh, attackish* plant, azule!
I like the newwords comatoasty and drawceptional, too!
*[scary]
Thanks. Attackish sounds cool. Is it official?

balthasar_s wrote:Do we know the complete list of allowed attachment types?
Well, svg isn't one of them.

Kieryn wrote:My vote is that if it doesn't start with the words "One True" then it's unorthodox or divisive.
This is my answer:
Neil_Boekend wrote:Per decree: the OTR (One True Religion)

BlitzGirl wrote:
azule wrote:I have a game for BlitzGirl. Seeing as she tracks elapsed np without any posts here's a simple drinking game. Each np (hour) that elapses without a post, take a shot. Newpixbot does not count as a post. Have fun!

I have a feeling such a drinking game would involve much Waiting...
The shots should be very strong!

karhell wrote:Notice for those who don't read the announcements : it has been announced.
Brace yourselves and hold on to your molpies, the Zul-gurub are about to be set loose !
FUUUUUUUUUUUCH****************************RP!!!

karhell wrote:
ucim wrote:
quoting SexyTalon, balthasar_s wrote: This time? Eh.. when things stop making sense, you'll know it's started.
But... how will we know when things stop making sense?

Jose

Whoa ! Things actually made sense at some point ? :shock:
^^
Agreed. That was the point of the thread...that things didn't make sense. 72391 posts later....we're still waiting for it to.

ggh wrote:I'm so excited! This is my first Things that are on my side for 600, Alex.
Hah, so young. Well, in my day....well, I was late for the party and it confused me to no end. I was really not excited. Kids these days, they be excited for the worst of things on my side for 600, Alex. Note: this cannot be reverse filtered. Note to mods: I am not challenging you'alls'es'olly'olly'oxen-free!!

balthasar_s wrote:
Spoiler:
azule wrote:Is it possible to implement some sort of server based redirect, where the fora images would load unless there's 503 mustard then it would redirect to /attachment ?

It is possible to do this. A possible solution would be:
The URL is /ott/view?attachment=36831
The "view" program sends a HEAD request to xkcd fora.
If the response is 200 it redirects to forums.xkcd.com/download/file.php?id=36831
otherwise it redirects to /ott/attachment/36831

But it's not a good idea to do it:

1. When there there is mustard. And sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Your browser requests /ott/view?attachment=36831
The "view" program sends a HEAD request to xkcd fora.
It gets a 200.
Redirects you to forums.xkcd.com/download/file.php?id=36831
You get a 503.
You don't see the attachment.

2. There is mustard. You go to the mirror.
There is no mustartd. You go to the OTT.

3. You go to the mirror because forums.xkcd.com is blocked where you are.
It redirects you to forums.xkcd.com/download/file.php?id=36831
It gets blocked.
You don't see the attachment.
Good points, except: the moadness. For blitzers or even us it would be a way to still get the info we need. When moadness is over, remove the redirect. Just a temporary measure, for your consideration.

AluisioASG via PM wrote:
azule wrote:
MistyCat wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Sandcastle attempt: FAIL

What should Cuegan do now?

A) Set up camp?
B) Build a fire?
C) Roast some raptorcat?
D) Make out?
E) All of the above?

Choice D should be higher on the list. After all, two stick figures rubbing together ought to result in Choice B.
Hehe. *thoughts swirling, must write /fiction*

* waits
* deadlocks
Hmm, I guess I'll have to do it then.

The Trick Was Rubbing Two Sticks Together

Megan and Cueball have just finished attempting another sandcastle, in this new dirt. It fails. Megan is so very disappointed. The only thing she's ever really loved crumbles between her fingers. Cueball looks down at her lowered head. She is not crying, but she is sad faced. He puts a hand onto her shoulder. She looks up, smiles, and gets up. She gets her bag, rummaging through it for something. Cueball comes over to her side.

"Megan, do you need help finding something?", he asks, while really wanting to say something to comfort her.

"Oh, Cue, I need to find my fire sticks", Megan says with an air of exasperation and resignation, "we should probably set up camp here for tonight".

Cueball helps Megan set up a tent. He gathers some sticks to aid in the fire. Megan lights and tends to the burning flame.

Cueball sits next to Megan, exhausted and trying to get warm. Megan slowly nudges herself shoulder to shoulder with Cueball, while the fire gently licks their toes.

Megan speaks before resting her head on Cueball's shoulder, "Cue, what is your real name?"

(And Blowing)

Spoiler:
Cueball is taken aback. He had not considered revealing his name to the world. He found comfort with keeping something a secret. But, as he felt Megan's warmth radiate into his body he felt compelled to grant her request. "Megan, are you sure you want to know?"

Megan looked up from her perched position, and grinned as he'd never seen her grin before. She said nothing more.

"Okay, fine." Cueball was hesitant, but persevered. "My name is Daniel."

Megan's eyes grew huge. She had wanted to know it, but she was so used to calling him 'Cue' or 'Cueball'. She shuffled a little bit, but quickly nuzzled back toward Cueball, now nestling under his shoulder. So comfortable she was that thinking of him as a 'Daniel' wasn't really a problem anymore. Really, he felt like God to her.

"Um, what do you think?" Cueball replied, aching with nervousness.

"Daniel, it's a fine name," Megan says reassuringly, "but you will always be my Cueball".

Cueball blushed. He involuntarily stroked her naked arm, warming the cold flesh. Megan began to blush as well.

"Megan, how are you doing?", Cueball asks, hoping to find out that she's doing better than earlier.

"Oh, I'm —", Megan stops, startled by a noise. "Cueball, did you hear that?"

A soft rustling can be heard, as soft as the wind gently caressing blades of grass.

"I think so, yes", Cueball whispers. He signals for her to remain seated as he gets up.

Grabbing a flaming stick from the campfire, Cueball peruses the surroundings.

"All clear", he says as he heads back.

"Watch out!", screams Megan as she squints with disbelieving fear.

With nothing else to go on but her words, Cueball swings his stick around his back until he is facing a frightened and dangerous leopard. The leopard clears the first swing. Cueball swipes at it again as the leopard swipes back.

With Megan looking on, Cueball feels more than adrenaline fueling him. He takes one last swing, painting the night with a trailing red line. He buries the long stick into the leopard's back and side. Embers fly off of the tip as the leopard crashes to the ground.

"Cueball!"

Megan runs over, complete with her own flaming stick. They both get a few good bashes in before resting.

"I think we killed it", Cueball says, nearly proud.

"I'm starving", Megan smirks.

Soon they have finished feasting upon the predator turned prey, roasted to perfection, and the remainder stored in salt. Their skin is red from the meal, stomachs satisfied.

"Megan, you seem like you're doing better."

"Oh, yes. I am no longer hungry," Megan hesitates, "well, I am..."

"Oh? What do you desire?", Cueball asks innocently.

Megan smirks. She opens her mouth. The only thing to come out of it is a soft laugh.

"It's okay, Megan, you can tell me. I'll try to get it for you." Cueball comes over. He holds her hand as he waits for a response.

"Well," Megan begins, "I'd like", she plants a kiss onto Cueball's lips, "to feel your skin", she plants another kiss onto his bare chest, "touching", she plants a final kiss onto his firm belly, "my skin".

Cueball begins to breathe heavily. He is startled by her actions. He has known her for years, and while he likes her, he always thought they were just friends and nothing more would ever occur. "Megan!", Cueball exclaims with feigned indignation.

"Oh, Cue, please." Megan whined as she caressed his arms and continued to slowly plants kisses across his chest and belly. She begged in words yet knew he would be giving in full force soon enough. "I know you would like it, too," she says as she looks down, "I can see it between your legs".

They never wore clothing down in the valley. Even when venturing atop the mountains, with the cool winds and chilly nights, they did not feel much purpose in dressing. As they had been doing since they started traveling they would keep warm with a fire and an arm.

Cueball gives Megan a smile. Megan knows a cue when she sees one. Continuing her kisses down his belly she plants a soft and long lasting kiss upon his own firestick. It is warm like almost no other part of his body. He squirms as if he is being tickled.

"You don't mind if I kiss you here, do you?" Megan asks, knowing the answer lay at the other end of a moan.

And moan he does. Cueball can only add a nod of his head to the moan. Megan now runs her tongue up the underside of his stick, lips wrapping and pleasuring.

"Oh, Megan!" He manages to speak for a moment before the pleasure overwhelms.

Not specifically trying to please her, Cueball lays his fingers across the skin of Megan's body that he can reach. "Yeah, Cue. You must be enjoying this." Megan smirks with deviancy.

Megan slides up his body with kisses where she continues with his lips. Cueball caresses her skin, with his fingers eventually finding her sweet spot. Megan moans for the first time.

"Cue—, Daniel, will you please have your way with me." Cueball sees before him a woman ready to explode. Well, one that will explode when he is ready for her to explode.

Cueball guides Megan into his lap. She sits there, not fornicating, just being held. His skin presses against hers, her breasts engorged in blood resting across his chest. He plants kisses across her neck, with her hairs tickling. "Cue, please. Please chirp me!"

Cueball wants to be a thorough lover, but not today. She wants it bad.

Megan repositions herself and with Cueball's blessing rides him like a raftcastle wave.

Much chirping can be heard for miles. In fact, the trees are cleared of their chirp-makers by Megan and Cueball's passionate yells.

Before Cueball finishes Megan has finished and is arching her back as she lay atop the dirt. With a final push, Cueball explodes, causing a final explosion for Megan.

They now lay warmer than the night should allow them. They will rest for the next few hours until daybreak. Cueball passes out.

"I love you", whispers Megan as her fingers wrap around his. She now realizes what she loves is between her fingers and it will not crumble.

Megan will not sleep tonight, but she is now the most rested she has ever been.

I'm allowed to do this as part of my protracted 1000th post. *evil grin*

Edit: Added next and previous frame links.
Last edited by azule on Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:49 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:58 am UTC

azule - oh my... Image
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

HES

Postby HES » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:59 am UTC

karhell wrote:yup, just three posts above ^^

I be peerin' from th' lookout but couldn't spy such a close ship.
He/Him/His Image

Dracomax

Re: M*st screendoor! Er... restrain myself.

Postby Dracomax » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:01 pm UTC

Mine GLR! The mustarding is upon us! I must ponder this further lest I become lost in sesquipedalian loquaciousness and fail ever to return from yon shores of distant past. On the other paw, it is entirely possible that it would make for more interesting signposts. I shall travel to the near past and present whilst I ponder the more interesting course of events.
Eternal Density wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:Tovemust benorp ye molpingates avast!

Everymolpy knows you never go full Madness. You went full Madness, molp? Never go full madness!
This war return, five dolphin negative overtake!
Er... I mean that's how I plant to fight back, for the purpose of preventing defeat.

So your plan is to seek refuge in lewis carrolian poetry where thou mayest use the snickers snacks of the vorpal sword to slay yon might beast? Because that is what that bit sounded like to me.

BlitzGirl wrote:I believe I see ED's strategy... if we go a little pre-Mad, maybe the Madness won't be such a shock when it comes.

But I also think we need to be careful about getting too sreee and Madnessing words willy-nilly. Think of the future blitzers!

I'm fairly sure that isn't a problem for those in the OTT. We are already "all mad here"

hmm. another Lewis Carrol reference...

Quick, where's a cheshire redundakitty?
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

karhell

Postby karhell » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:08 pm UTC

HES wrote:
karhell wrote:yup, just three posts above ^^

I be peerin' from th' lookout but couldn't spy such a close ship.

I painted me ship in th'colour o'the Sea, so's it be arrder to spot. I be an pirate ninja ! ^^

yappobiscuits wrote:azule - oh my... Image

Indeed, cap'n Yappo, indeed
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

HES

Re: M*st screendoor! Er... restrain myself.

Postby HES » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:14 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:I believe I see ED's strategy... if we go a little pre-Mad, maybe the Madness won't be such a shock when it comes.

I'm fairly sure that isn't a problem for those in the OTT. We are already "all mad here"

What concerns me is how little effort it takes to read them. They are completely incomprehensible, why do I understand them?

ergman wrote:I don't really get why everyone despises that stupid fox song. It's stupid on purpose, it's a comedy song!

I may have said this at the time, but it's not comedy songs that annoy me - My music collection contains, among other things, a Lederhosen Toaster album - but there is a time and a place. The radio when I'm driving is NOT one of them.

I'm crossing the border this weepend, I'm not sure if advanced teletemporal communications exist up there. Though I suspect, despite my absence, that this weepend will be the busiest in a long while.
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-0747

Postby mscha » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:30 pm UTC

WINEGROWONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

karhell

Postby karhell » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:31 pm UTC

Aye, Quartermaster Newpixbot, that be also known as "grapevine" ^^
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

yappobiscuits

Oh Randall Why

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:36 pm UTC

Spontaneous ottification time!

Post Mah Newpix
Ottification of... well, view at your discretion. I take no responsibility for mental scarring.

Do you like waiting?
Well here's something treeish,
If you wait for it, you can see the picture changes!
Not only that, but here's a little secret:
You can take the frames and you can post them in the Time thread!

Post mah newpix, postin' all mah newpix!
Post mah newwwwpiiiix!

Oh, hello, you're looking at my newpix!
I can tell because my ONGs are posted!
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

balthasar_s

Re: 1190: "Zanclean Zodiac"; [evil unicode]--

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:38 pm UTC

azule wrote:Good points, except: the moadness. For blitzers or even us it would be a way to still get the info we need. When moadness is over, remove the redirect. Just a temporary measure, for your consideration.

I don't understand anymore. How would redirecting archived attachments to OTT attachments help?

Mirrors and Madnessen:
Currently, only the latest page is updated (until the Madness stops). The old pages are left as they were, not madnessed. The already archived attachments are not Madnessened. The unarchived still use the URL from the OTT as it was before the Madnessness. Not madnessened either. But the newpage when the Reckoning starts and every next will be Reckoning'd on the mirror too. I can't help it. If the attachments on the OTT become mustarded, relinking AND archiving them will fail.

ETA: Why am I posting so much, recntly? I'm not myself anymore or w

And, I wanted to reduce my visits to the present because they slow down my bilitzing.
But, because of the Timeyversaries, OTTscars, Madnessen,
I will propably stay completely in the present.
Last edited by balthasar_s on Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:49 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

karhell

Well Why not ?

Postby karhell » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:42 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Spontaneous ottification time!

Post Mah Newpix
Ottification of... well, view at your discretion. I take no responsibility for mental scarring.

Do you like waiting?
Well here's something treeish,
If you wait for it, you can see the picture changes!
Not only that, but here's a little secret:
You can take the frames and you can post them in the Time thread!

Post mah newwwwpiiiix!

Dunejumpish Spontaneous OTTification ^^
(inner pirate has been arr*THWAP* ... subdued)

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:54 pm UTC

A minor ottification that fits the OTT...

Spoiler:
Cuegan: But I don't want to go among mad people.
Lucky: Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.
Cuegan: How do you know I'm mad?
Lucky: You must be. Or you wouldn't have come here.
Lucky: To begin with, a molpy's not mad. You grant that?
Cuegan: I suppose so,
Lucky: Well, then, you see, a Molpy growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad.
“have i gone mad?

ergman

Postby ergman » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:41 pm UTC

This place got very NSFW very fast. Not that I'm conplaining.. Image

thanks for the thanks: azule and Addams.
nice song yapppppo
Dracomax: Alice in molpytown? right?
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:42 pm UTC

Molpy up!

213.JPG

All the chirping about the return of the reckoning has made for a 3-page overnight blitz.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:49 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:Molpy up!

213.JPG

All the chirping about the return of the reckoning has made for a 3-page overnight blitz.

Hi moody. Had fun on your blitz? (you were blitzing, right?)
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:55 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:
moody7277 wrote:Molpy up!

213.JPG

Hi moody. Had fun on your blitz? (you were blitzing, right?)

I suppose the proper term would be a semi-seaish ketchup, or at least more seaish than it had been in previous dips.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:57 pm UTC

ergman wrote:This place got very NSFW very fast. Not that I'm conplaining.. Image

thanks for the thanks: azule and Addams.
nice song yapppppo
Dracomax: Alice in molpytown? right?

More or less, though I'd have called it Alice in OTT, myself.

and now, to continue one of those things I was doing before the timesand:

The Last Five Newpix:If I didn’t believe in you
Based on:If I Didn't Believe in You From the Last Five Years
Spoiler:
HIM
Okay, stop
OTTers, stop
Listen to me

There are Blitzers
And they are trying to read the thread
And there's a party that they're throwing
And while you've found a cake and posted it for showing
Still your ROT13 for blitzers is quite slowing
And not fun

But what's it really about?
Is it really about a Comic, OTTers?
Can we please for a newpix stop posting
And let it be real?
Is it just that we're intrigued to be
watching fade into black?
Did you think this thread would move faster
Than it's turned out to be?
Well, then Post clearly, OTTers,
Post clearly

If I didn't Have fun with you
We'd never have gotten this far
If I didn't have fun with you
And all of the ten thousand posters you are
If I didn't think you could do
Anything you ever wanted to
If I wasn't certain that we'd come through somehow
THe fact of the matter is, OTTers
I wouldn't be posting here now

We wouldn't be ch*ping at night
I'd Sit in the chair and say,
"OTTers, Good Night"
But I never could post that slow
Knowing the things about you I know
Things, when I met you a hundred newpix ago, I knew
It never took much convincing
To make me join in with you

Don't we get to Post clearly OTTers?
At some point down the line

Don't we get to relax?
Without some new gimmick
To push blitzers yet further from you?
If I'm cheering on your side, OTTers
Why can't you support mine?
Why do I have to feel
I've committed some heresy
Doing what I always swore I would do?

I don't want you to hurt
I don't want you to sink
But you know what I think?
I think we'll be fine!
Just post on and you'll see-
But don't make me wait till you do
To keep waiting with you
Will you listen to me?
No one can give you courage
No one can thicken your skin
I will not fail so you can be comfortable, OTTers
I will not lose because you can't win

If I didn't believe in you
Then here's where the OTT ends
I couldn't have posted all of these odds and ends
And said, "This is the frame I choose-
Waiting with you I can't bear to lose
Trip us or trap us, but we refuse to fall"
That's what I thought we agreed on, OTTers
If I hadn't believed in you
I wouldn't have loved you at all

Now why don't youpost an OTTity and we'll go, okay?
OTT?
Can’t we just do that please?
Please?!
Last edited by Dracomax on Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:58 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
“have i gone mad?

HES

Postby HES » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:57 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:I suppose the proper term would be a semi-seaish ketchup, or at least more seaish than it had been in previous dips.

Dips, wips, mips. The OTT is about to hit the third commandment.
He/Him/His Image

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:09 pm UTC

Steakish ottification4, Dracomax!
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

ucim

Postby ucim » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:17 pm UTC

Ahoy mates! That be steakish mrob27 on the Time Retroviewer. 'Tis treasure that should not be buried!

And azule - be that a thwapstick I spy in the sky with me eye? If 't be not a grog-vision, I think the wowtree is a-growin' 'n me 'ead. Yo ho ho!

Keep on the boundin' main haircut74 an' don't let them seaserpent rumorings make you reef in fright. Fair winds to your Quest!

addams wrote:[I voted]...For what?
For the OTTscars. There's still a little Time to get your votes in for best... lots of molpish categories! Check yappo's sig.

azule wrote:FutureNote: O(de)T(i)T(y). Eh? ;)
Odd titty?

azule wrote:...Continue. slinches reminds me that it's probably Temporal in Latin. So: Tempiversary. Done II.
FutureNote: Oh, does it have to be tempor-? So, Temporiversary... Fine: Temporichronoswirliwirliversary. Done ∞.
Temporary adversity? I guess that's what the Voldeframe gave us, and we overcame it, to the point of TAT.

azule wrote:
The Trick Was Rubbing Two Sticks Together

Megan and Cueball have just finished attempting another sandcastle, in this new dirt. It fails. Megan is so very disappointed.
Oooh! Awesomeful!
azule wrote:With nothing else to go on but her words, Cueball swings his stick around his back until he is facing a frightened and dangerous leopard.
I didn't know they had iMacs back then! I also love the imagery of "painting the night with a trailing red line". And methinks... the shippers are going to love the motion of this ocean! 'tis truly a tale for BlitzGirl!

The recent otties (yappobiscuits and Dracomax) are going to have to wait for the rest of the crew to decoma, but I'm used to Waiting For It.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

Cloudy_the_Conqueror

Postby Cloudy_the_Conqueror » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:00 pm UTC

Hello there, OTTers! I have been following the OTT for a long time, and I'm an editor on the OTW as well.

When I first visited the OTC, what I saw was frame 1495, the frame with a woman saying "Oof.", a few newpix before the wowtrees. Later, I found the OTT, and followed it, saw the maps, read awesomeful poems, and went through T** **D. After that, I started playing Sandcastle Builder, but stopped after about 20 NP. Then I lost interest on the thread.

Later, I found an excellent guide to SB, which caused me to play it again, which then pulled me back into the OTT. I have been following you ever since.

Now that the Timiversary and the Reckoning is coming, I thought that I should delurk as soon as possible.

So here I am. :)

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:09 pm UTC

Cloudy_the_Conqueror wrote:Hello there, OTTers! I have been following the OTT for a long time, and I'm an editor on the OTW as well.

When I first visited the OTC, what I saw was frame 1495, the frame with a woman saying "Oof.", a few newpix before the wowtrees. Later, I found the OTT, and followed it, saw the maps, read awesomeful poems, and went through T** **D. After that, I started playing Sandcastle Builder, but stopped after about 20 NP. Then I lost interest on the thread.

Later, I found an excellent guide to SB, which caused me to play it again, which then pulled me back into the OTT. I have been following you ever since.

Now that the Timiversary and the Reckoning is coming, I thought that I should delurk as soon as possible.

Welcome. It's molpish to have you around.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

he/him/his

Soup

Postby Soup » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:14 pm UTC

@Cloudy_the_Conqueror Image
Waiting for it...

Go username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, Rakhal, thunk!!

karhell

Postby karhell » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:20 pm UTC

Welcome, Cloudy_the_Conqueror, Revealer the Recent ! :D

macraw83

Blitz Progress: 1762/1813. Skipped: 1400-1758.

Postby macraw83 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:33 pm UTC

Vytron wrote:
macraw83 wrote: I have not been completely forgotten in my struggles to stay current in my Blitz

Of course not! Just a few days ago I was thinking of you and our most delayed conversations we used to have. Maybe we can have another one! Just, quote this message when you read it! It'll be awesome!

Vytron! This may be the fastest communication we have ever shared!

I'm hoping that my near-Present half-self becomes a fully-Present half-self within a couple xips, and, well, then my far-Past half-self needs to hurry up and ketchup so that we may one day share fully-realtime conversations.

Eternal Density wrote:
macraw83 wrote:Also, I cannot believe you guys. I found this link in a couple signatures: http://castle.chirpingmustard.com. It has eaten a lot of time that I otherwise could have spent Blitzing. Also, it is curiously similar to the Cookie Clicker... which, if you are like me with too little time and too many things to do, is probably a bad idea.

I'm so so so so so so so so so not sorry at all.

I... figured as much. It is quite awesome, and addictive.

BlitzGirl wrote:Interesting that macraw got sighotdogged into Sandcastle Builder. I don't think C**kie Clicker was mentioned in the OTT until the NP1400s or thereabouts, so that's a treeish blitzer shortcut.

HES wrote:Have an othercomic to take your mind off things (I actually know what this one's about :D )

Ooh, thanks! TPP is glorious. Reminds me vaguely of the OTT - you need a lot of patience, and it even seems to have its own religion.
Also, Megan's first words in the Othercomic are "I love you"! Obviously significant. Image

I came upon Cookie Clicker completely independently of the OTT, back in December, one xip where I had literally nothing to do at the office. It was my biggest mistake that mip.

Also, I finally see that TPP made an appearance in the OTT, probably well before I brought it up. I wonder how much it will-did have been discussed...

BlitzGirl wrote:
macraw83 wrote:Also... is it just me, or do the newpixbot costs advance through the Fibonnaci sequence?

It's not just you, but you're either going to have to discover an off-thread resource or blitz another few hundred newpages to find that out... :P

I forgot how exciting the Darkening was when it first began. When you watch the OTC at a raptorish speed that bit is quickly subsumed by the sunset and Long Night.

Or... just decide to start schizoblitzing :oops:

New favorite OTTercomic:
yappobiscuits wrote:Image
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

Purplepants77

Postby Purplepants77 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:18 pm UTC

Earthling on Mars wrote:
The Bench

To all Timewaiters, and especially blitzers:

<snip>

For now, take a seat on this bench and rest your weary limbs. Contemplate Time, and how time moves on: people come and go, and in time even the hills change, and seas flee and return.

Yay! I found a bench! And not just any bench... THE Bench. I think I'll take a seat and rest my weary limbs. Maybe I'll contemplate time and how it moves on. Specifically I'm going to enjoy how Time moves on while I get to stop moving on for a little bit :wink:

Ah, that was quite the refreshing sit. I think I'll keep reading now. Thanks Earthling on Mars!sig

Earthling on Mars wrote:I wonder: who will be the last person to see this bench?

All I know is it certainly wasn't the guy before me :P

sig Also, thanks for the sigcouragement! It has not gone unnoticed! :)
Still blitzing away and will be for some time.

Current Location: NP 1432
NP from Present: 891
Current Progress: 61.6%

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-0748

Postby mscha » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:30 pm UTC

SONGULARIZES...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:03 pm UTC

ucim wrote:Ahoy mates! That be steakish mrob27 on the Time Retroviewer. 'Tis treasure that should not be buried!

And azule - be that a thwapstick I spy in the sky with me eye? If 't be not a grog-vision, I think the wowtree is a-growin' 'n me 'ead. Yo ho ho!

I thought it was Corinne.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

ucim

Postby ucim » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

macraw83 wrote:Or... just decide to start schizoblitzing :oops:
I first read that as "schnozoblitzing" - sticking one's nose in here and there.

[s]HES[/s] SBN wrote:I thought it was Corinne.
Ah, but a thwapstick fits with Lucky and the story that's co-evolving.

Jose
Last edited by ucim on Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:33 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:27 pm UTC

ucim wrote:
SBN wrote:I thought it was Corinne.

Jose

True, enough, 'cept I'm not a hamply. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

macraw83

Blitz Progress: 1770/1813. Skipped: 1400-1758.

Postby macraw83 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:29 pm UTC

Seaish list of near-Past-post responses:
Bad Hair Man wrote:Currently at page 410 out of 1764, or 23.2% finished, only 1354 pages to go.

Something specific needed to be said that wasn't said by the good folks of pages 409 and 410 and so now a latecomer like me needs to pick up the slack and say it already so that my head doesn't explode in frustration.
buffygirl wrote:For tman2nd.

Yo dawg, buffygirl heard that tman2nd likes a cat in a hat, so she put a cat in the hat of his friend Catherine in the Hat so that his friend Catherine in a hat can have a cat in the hat!

Steakish! (Did I use that right?)

BlitzGirl wrote:On Twitch Plays Pokemon:
Spoiler:
yappobiscuits wrote:
macraw83 wrote:Also, pretty much completely off-topic, except for context: Have you xuys heard of Twitch Plays Pokemon? It reminds me a lot of the OTT in its infancy. They've spawned religions (Almighty Helix Fossil, Bird Jesus, etc.) and factions (anarchists vs. democrats, etc.). And it's also a pretty neat social experiment, even if it wasn't intended as such.

Naturally (since it's not only RELATED but was referenced in an othercomic) it's already been brought up ;).
I checked it out but couldn't see myself getting into it. I just found it frustrating watching a load of people completely fail to work together... also, HOW has a religion spawned around it? The chat is so busy it goes by like lightning, it's impossible to read anything... are there forums or something as well that I haven't seen? ...But yeah, I just found it frustrating to watch and impossible to keep up with (which the OTC/OTT was/is not.) Also they have frequent trolling which we've never had. So yeah, I see the similarities, but the OTT is the one for me!

I've checked in on the stream now and then. I also watched the stream for Pokemon Blue successfully beat the Elite Four and **d the game (they're playing Pokemon Gold now). The Blue stream had about 1/70th of the number of TPP participants at its peak, and the difference is astonishing. On Blue, 1,000 players is manageable, and missions get accomplished. There is no religion. It's like a very brainsluggish playthrough by a hotdogger who isn't very skilled.

In contrast, the 80,000 players of TPP is sheer Madness, and yes, that kind of Madness. Such a seaish number of people playing a Pokemon hotdog at once leads to unexplainable chaos, and that's why the religion sprung up, to make sense out of that chaos. The OTC spawned religion as well because the OTT was attempting to make sense of the newpix as they appeared. But TPP is utterly different from the OTC because it is frantic and frenzied, while the One True Comic only changed by the newpix and our main dictum is Wait for it. Also, there is no real way for players of TPP to actually speak to each other and have others read what they are saying. So there isn't a needle-pulled counterpart over there, just groupings of capital letters spasmodically replacing each other.

Very succinct description. And I would like to add that I was in no way insinuating that it was nearly as wowterful as the OTT is, was and always will be, just wanted to point out the similarities that I saw. Also, I found that the best way to "follow" TPP was by reading the Live Reddit page, where a few people took turns around the clock with updates, as well as the TPP subreddit where all the memes were posted.

mrob27 wrote:
all your spURLer are belong to us
Chronogram from mrob27, NP1315 → NP1767
Spoiler:
The OTT seems to have gotten through most of the shock, anger, and depression associated with that Unspeakable frame, and we have some closure thanks to the OTA's blag post. We ae now in a period of abundant OTTification, in the form of song parodies, comics, and a beautiful array of OTColored frames. There are so many, but Coma Molpy Style is a milestone for me.
    I also reached that drawn-out discussion of the legal issues one would encounter trying to one's own Time T-shirt; and the first mention of me, (but just a retro-edit), in @BlitzGirl's NP1300 smiley repository.

spURLers ᐗ &

With NP1315 I have arrived at an OTT milestone of dubious significance: the debut of spURLers in the modern era. There are actually two previous instances of BBcode tags nested within a hidden URL:

• OTT:127:25 has a (quote) within a URL that takes you to the post being quoted, which is actually pretty useful and would probably be done more often if it were easier;
  • OTT:1128:7, the first true spURLer, has 6 cake images inside a (spoiler) inside a URL linking (approproately) to the TVTropes article "I Was Told There Would Be Cake".

The NP1315 spurler links to a Google Australia search for "redundakitty", thus the message title "all your redundakitty are belong to us".
    Just to remind you, my Time scripts include a very capable spoiler-opener script, which makes it unnecessary to click the Show button to see the contents; and of course it makes it obvious if a spoiler was empty. It also highlights the spoiler's contents by making the background lavender, which I find useful. I have now improved it so that it also changes the button text to say "> spURLer! <" when it detects that the button is inside a URL.
    I have also made a few changes to the scripts that have options, so that the options still appear on the bottom of the page even when a post has improperly nested tags (like this post on NP1301).

Blitzer Power-Ups by @Rule110 ᐗ &

The "Blitzer Power-Up" was a regular feature of @Rule110's signature for a while leading up to the Unspeakable frame. They were greatly appreciated, but ironically, no-one bothered to preserve them for the benefit of future Blitzers. Only two ever appeared in the OTT, when they were quoted by Blitzer @karhell. However, with @Sciscitor's help I have managed to recover a few more, and I present them here (all newpage numbers are approximate):

In various signatures, Rule110 wrote:
NP1071:
   Today's Blitzer Power-Up
   Chrono-crastinate! Multi-quote eleven long posts without reading them, strip out all spoiler tags, wrap the whole thing in spoiler tags, and toss it into the future (that is, post it). Net progress gain: ten posts, or a quarter of a Newpage! One Use Only.

NP1081:
   Today's Blitzer Power-Up
   Before reading a newpage, search and highlight 'lego'. You can safely skip any post in which the word appears! Unlimited Uses.

NP1085:
   Today's Blitzer Power-Up
   Regular beverage cups need frequent refills, and you have to take a hand off your keyboard when you want to drink. Save time by wearing a hydration pack instead. They're designed for hiking and other outdoor activities, but they work just as well for indoor blitzing!

NP1088:
   Today's Blitzer Power-Up
   Use your OS's text-to-speech utility to read pages aloud to you repeatedly while you coma. Your subconscious mind will fully absorb the information (citation needed) making use of otherwise wasted molpy-down time.

NP1115:
   Today's Blitzer Power-Up
   Blitz at work. It's Friday! It's July! Who's going to be watching?

NP1165:
   Today's Blitzer Power-Up
   Ignore signatures! Oh, wait...

NP1188:
   Today's Blitzer Power-Up
   I won't be posting for nearly a full 24 newpix, while this power-up appears. Counting responses, that could mean as much as half a newpage less you'll to have to ketchup, than if I were around spewing my usual drivel. Take advantage of it!

NP1212:
   Today's Blitzer Power-Up
   It's Time for the no-cake diet. Cakes are fun and often impressive but you can see them anywhere. (Just do a Google image search for cakes, or watch Cake Boss, or go to a bakery and see actual cakes.) Skip 'em in the OTT. Unless they're for you, of course.

My signature during PTESDэ

Starting when I was on NP982 (and The Present was at NP1688), my signature has looked like this:

Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
Yᴇꜱ, I'ᴍ ᴍᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴᴇᴅ ɪɴ хᴋᴄᴅ ʙᴜᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ᴀɴᴅ I ʜᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴜɴɪᴄᴀᴛᴇᴅ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛʟʏ;
ʙᴜᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʜɪᴍ, I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ᴘᴀꜱꜱɪᴏɴ ꜰᴏʀ ꜱᴇʟꜰ-ᴘᴜʙʟɪꜱʜᴇᴅ ᴡᴏʀᴋ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴏɴʟʏ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴꜱ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇɴᴇꜰɪᴛ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀꜱ

Part of the signature is a PNG status line that tells where I am in relation to the Present. After T** **d, I updated that part of my signature to reflect the stages of the OTT's handling of that unspeakable trauma. Here for the Blitzers are examples of what you saw:

my sig is now back to normal (as pictured above).

э PTESD: Post-"T▒▒ E▒▒" Stress Disorder.

Correspondence

I may have caused a bit of confusion here:
balthasar__s wrote:
mrob27 wrote: I just can't actually put that much data on my server. And having the server actually do anything on demand (such as server-side code to implement @azule's idea) is out of the question.

But the RIES online does things on demand. how is this possible, then? ...

I didn't mean to say it was a technical impossibility. I was just saying that I don't want to do it — too much data, too much time writing the code, and maybe too much strain on my server if anybody actually tried to use it.

The idea of using the hilit= argument is brilliant, and I've implemented it. In the mr*bdex, the newwords now link you to the post in which they first appear, and the word itself is highlighed, like this: tpp. Some, like ongst, do not work, but that appears to be the fora's fault.

Thanks for making the OTT such an interesting place — back to blitzing!

— Image mrob27

Thanks for this archival! I was unfortunate enough to have missed the Blitzer Powerups live. Any idea if they're still usable?
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:30 pm UTC

ucim wrote:
macraw83 wrote:Or... just decide to start schizoblitzing :oops:
I first read that as "schnozoblitzing" - sticking one's nose in here and there.

HES wrote:I thought it was Corinne.

Jose

And I read what you wrote as Schnitzel-blitzing, which would be...making tasty meat with lightning speed? snacking while blitzing? I dunno.
“have i gone mad?

ucim

Postby ucim » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:34 pm UTC

SBN wrote:True, enough, 'cept I'm not a hamply. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)
M*stard! I guess you won't fit in a hamply wheel. Fixed. (Hmmm.. strikeout tags don't work in the quote attribution)

Dracomax wrote:And I read what you wrote as Schnitzel-blitzing, which would be...making tasty meat with lightning speed? snacking while blitzing? I dunno.
On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Jose

balthasar_s

You propably shouldn't eat bread with a spoon.

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:03 pm UTC

Otherthreads from various
low orbits of the OTT:

It's mustardtime!

balthasar_s: Is it mustardtime, again?
HES: mustardtimeout
AluisioASG: Balthasar, may I redirect mirror.chirpingmustard.com. to 1190.bicyclesonthemoon.facebookconsidersthisharmful/ott/?
HES: I was going to ask for this, since I forgot the where the mirror was
AluisioASG: Me too. Luckily balt has a post at the page cached by my browser so I could get to his website from his sig.
Hmm, the mirror page's still loading...?
HES: Worked fine for me just now. [spoiler]ing for mid-mustard posting ability!

balthasar_s:
May I redirect [...]
Yes.
still loading [...]
It propably tries to load smileys from the OTT
It only managed to download attachments from:
np1-15 (only one on np1)
np261 (I forgot to reset)
np1808-1809
[spoiler]ing for mid-mustard posting ability!
Yes, there still some [spoiler]ing ahead.
balthasar_s: Also, I have been summonned.
Just when I tried to molpydown.
Few seconds later and I wouldn't have noticed.

HES:
balthasar_s: @HES Actually, these kind of errors happens when another error happens and Firefox, for some reason decides that its error message has an xhtml syntax error.
"Want some mustard with your mustard?"
balthasar_s: And I got Facebook mustard when trying to view your mustardimage once again.
ETA molpy down.
HES: Sometimes all I get is the frame. Mustard coloured mustard mustard mustard.
It seems to be over.

AluisioASG: Thanks Balt. In case we get more mirrors in the future they'll go into <number>.mirror.chirpingmustard.com.

baltafuturenote: And of course the mustard went away as soon as I molpied down . . .

We're all Randall!

AluisioASG: I've got proof that lmjb1964 and yappobiscuits are in fact the same individual. That or my short-term memory index is all wonky.
yappobiscuits: That's new information to me, but for all I know it could be true! Well it probably is anyway as all OTTers are the same person, evidently.
HES: Does this mean that I am also Laura?

Kieryn: Actually, we're all Randall... remember?
HES: ...with a serious case of multiple personality disorder. Even our multiple personalities have multiple personalities!
jetpac: Neat!

balthasar_s: And remember, that LMJB is the one who was secretly doing all the <computery stuff> instead of me . . .
lmjb1964: Yes! I am a <computery stuff> master! So, I'm also yappo now? That explains my strange craving for shellfish.
lmjb1964: And I'm curious what the proof was.
HES: Having three personalities is kinda shellfish, JuneBug

Angelastic: We are all just different personalities of the One True OTTer.

lmjb1964: HES:, who said I only have three? Wait, don't tell him about all of us! No, I think you should tell him. Well, what do I think? Oh, nobody asked you.
lmjb1964: Sorry. I hate when they take over my FB posts.
HES: I *almost* said "at least", but I didn't want to provoke any of you.

HES: Did you steal BlitzGirl's boa!? Are you her, too?
lmjb1964: Good thinking. Some of them are nasty. We are not!!
lmjb1964: Hm, is one of my personalities wearing a boa? It's so hard to keep track.
lmjb1964: Oh, no, that's a lei. Kinda like boa, but not the same. So I don't think I'm BlitzGirl

Angelastic: Is one of my personalities wearing a boa? That's a little difficult to understand, but I guess we're all in the same boa. *chainsaws self*
HES: Self harm? This is getting out of hand.
lei, boa, all I see is "pink fluffy thing that could suddenly strangle you".

lmjb1964: Lu, you have kind of a dark view of the world, don't you?
HES: Lu or Hu?
lmjb1964: Yes.

I'm another personality of lmjb1964!

lmjb1964: Oh, dear, the reckoning is coming, and I have a seaish amount of Ketchup (25 pages, I think!) Hope I can get to the present (I mean really get to the present, not just jump to the present through that Time portal like I just did) before the Madness hits.
balthasar_s: Don't worry. Before the Madness starts I will make the mirror bot stop updating the past. So that everything posted before the Madness will not be madnessed on the mirror.
lmjb1964: Oh, thanks, you're wonderful! Oh, wait, I'm the one doing the <computery stuff>. I guess I'm wonderful! :)
balthasar_s: Of course you are doing the <computery stuff>. I just wasn't sure if you know that you did this <computery stuff>. It's difficult to keep track of everything with all these personalities . . .

Redundant
Spoiler:
10003549_10203033279180187_2084267321_o.jpg

1463915_370283839780010_29423331_n.jpg
1463915_370283839780010_29423331_n.jpg (10.72 KiB) Viewed 12662 times
ETA: You know I'm not the only one who can make these.
Last edited by balthasar_s on Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:57 pm UTC, edited 4 times in total.
BSTA
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:27 pm UTC

ergman wrote:The rhyme sceme here is madness, I'd watch the video if you're going to read this

Snailpies from The Javascript's album Wolpy Errors.

Spoiler:
prickly, take it slow,
Show me you're alive, cause life's just not a gift from god

Odd saying, I pray that comfy armchairs show the perfect wrath
'Cause candy makes all man show off what they wish they hath,
Time is not a play its what we make of the OTTers we love,

Molpies see benefits,
The beauty in every pix
Oh, why, why, why, why, oh, why,
Are you quick to click?

She questions seas and trees, goddamn you're cat Lucky,
I'm sick of addicting games
Should we not have a meetup?
'Cause life here in Outside has escaped
All the chirpies above
Time's what we make of those OTTers we love

Molpies see benefits,
The beauty in every pix
Are you quick to click?

Baby maybe, I post too rare
Oh hey I wonder what is through here?
Molpies see benefits,
The beauty in every pix

Cue watches when she runs,
and Petite is the gun,
She rides in from the flood,
That is just like Petite
Never gives up, never lets me dare stop,
I wanna pay her back,
But love is nothing you can tax

We aren't popular by any means,
But I feel we won the lottery that day,
The sea swallowed the world,
And I cried as castles made of sand,
slipped not to water's icy hand,
They dried away past voldeframe.
A newpix comes you'll wake unfold,
Smile when you hear the ONGchime,
the ONGchime,
the ONGchime,
the ONGchime

Molpies see benefits,
The beauty in every pix
Are you quick to click?

Molpies see benefits,
The beauty in every pix

Molpies see benefits,
The beauty in every pix

I haven't checked out the original yet, but that it absomolutely beautimus.

macraw83 wrote:So... I'm a lot closer to the Present than I was earlier toxip. That is more because I want to experience the RECKONING live with the OTT again, instead of delayed like I otherwise would have. Even though the quotes from the previous RECKONING have been preserved, the original content is forever different than it was when first posted, and I feel like a lot has been missed. I chose NP1758 as my near-present-start-point due to the fact that this is the location of my first signpost since NP1340. I know that I have missed a seaish (and certainly wowterful) 358 NewPages; I will return and Blitz them once I have ketchupped to the present, in a semi-schizoblitz attempt. At this point, I plan to return to the Past entirely at the conclusion of the RECKONING, to minimize the impact of my schizoblitz.

I read a paragraph like this and think, reckoning, meh. Bring it on!

BlitzGirl wrote:And present blitzers! :)

Madness is molpish when meted in moderation.

Mostly.

yappobiscuits wrote:The problem is, if we have pre-emptive madness, how will we know when the real madness starts?

Or maybe it just never ended...

addams wrote:Why is a stick figure being Cradled?
Where are they carrying it off to?

Do stick figures stretch?
Is it a victim?
Is it a Princess?

Is it a Princess that has fallen victim?
Is it a boy? How do you tell?

I quoted this to respond to it, then realized I don't know how to respond to it. I'm guessing it's not Princess, because why would she be rapelling off of a cliff? Definitely a victim, tho of xis own clumsiness.

yappobiscuits wrote:D'aww. I now shall imagine everymolpy who votes as a cute queue of meowlpies.

You didn't already?

ggh wrote:The beanie on the stretcher has some broken bones. Click on the image, and then you can go back and see what's going on - it's most sreeeful!

I don't see it. :(

Dracomax wrote:The Last Five Newpix:If I didn’t believe in you
Spoiler:
HIM
Okay, stop
OTTers, stop
Listen to me

There are Blitzers
And not fun

And let it be real?
Post clearly

"OTTers, Good Night"

Don't we get to relax?
Without some new gimmick
Why do I have to feel

I don't want you to hurt
I don't want you to sink
I think we'll be fine!
To keep waiting with you
Will you listen to me?

OTT?
Please?!

Treeish! I've lost count, have you done the whole show by now? Liked the Lewis Carroll otty too.

And...AZULE! Shame on you! There are young people on this thread!! I don't know how young, but, young! (Although the last two lines are quite lovely.)

Cloudy_the_Conqueror wrote:Hello there, OTTers! I have been following the OTT for a long time, and I'm an editor on the OTW as well.

Yay! Welcome, welcome, welcome!

Thanks for posting those OTTherthreads, balthabot! (Hey, maybe lmjb stands for "Laura? Maybe Just Balthasar.) :)

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:29 pm UTC

Haven't heard from jetpac and angelastic in an ice age. Does jetpac still wield a shark?

he/him/his

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:41 pm UTC

***Pre-Ketchup OTTerish News Bulletin***

Some new information hitting the OTT newsdesk from sources on the Reckoning Otherthread...

Azrael wrote:
Spoiler:
Dracomax wrote:
phlip wrote:
Dracomax wrote:So, in the vein of not giving orders, but making suggestions so that they can not be followed, I have two reckoning suggestions:

1)Include the OTT
2) don't Include the OTT

If you can ignore both, I'll be impressed.
Oh, that's simple. I've been completely ignoring the Time thread for over a year now, so whether the filters include that thread or not, I won't care. Both options successfully ignored.
I'm impressed?

Okay, if all of the mods can simultaneous manage to not fulfill either of those suggestions, I'll be more impressed?
We will ignore both of those suggestions by default, even if we weren't otherwise entirely apathetic -- because we have no agency in those exceptions. They exist because Randall was (uncharacteristically) paying attention to the thread and did whatever.

(Emphasis added)

This latest tidbit seems to suggest that it was not the mods who Saved the OTT from full-on Madnessing, but GLR himself.
More information will be posted if/when it gets noticed by OTTish investigators.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:45 pm UTC

ergman wrote:The rhyme sceme here is madness, I'd watch the video if you're going to read this

Snailpies from The Javascript's album Wolpy Errors.

Spoiler:
prickly, take it slow,
Show me you're alive, cause life's just not a gift from god

Odd saying, I pray that comfy armchairs show the perfect wrath
'Cause candy makes all man show off what they wish they hath,
Time is not a play its what we make of the OTTers we love,

Molpies see benefits,
The beauty in every pix
Are you quick to click?

She questions seas and trees, goddamn you're cat Lucky,
I'm sick of addicting games
Should we not have a meetup?
'Cause life here in Outside has escaped
All the chirpies above
Time's what we make of those OTTers we love

Molpies see benefits,
The beauty in every pix
Are you quick to click?

Molpies see benefits,
The beauty in every pix

Cue watches when she runs,
and Petite is the gun,
She rides in from the flood,
That is just like Petite
Never gives up, never lets me dare stop,
I wanna pay her back,
But love is nothing you can tax

We aren't popular by any means,
But I feel we won the lottery that day,
The sea swallowed the world,
And I cried as castles made of sand,
slipped not to water's icy hand,
They dried away past voldeframe.
A newpix comes you'll wake unfold,
Smile when you hear the ONGchime,
the ONGchime,
the ONGchime,
the ONGchime

Molpies see benefits,
The beauty in every pix
Are you quick to click?

Molpies see benefits,
The beauty in every pix

Molpies see benefits,
The beauty in every pix

I haven't checked out the original yet, but that it absomolutely beautimus.

macraw83 wrote:So... I'm a lot closer to the Present than I was earlier toxip. That is more because I want to experience the RECKONING live with the OTT again, instead of delayed like I otherwise would have. Even though the quotes from the previous RECKONING have been preserved, the original content is forever different than it was when first posted, and I feel like a lot has been missed. I chose NP1758 as my near-present-start-point due to the fact that this is the location of my first signpost since NP1340. I know that I have missed a seaish (and certainly wowterful) 358 NewPages; I will return and Blitz them once I have ketchupped to the present, in a semi-schizoblitz attempt. At this point, I plan to return to the Past entirely at the conclusion of the RECKONING, to minimize the impact of my schizoblitz.

I read a paragraph like this and think, reckoning, meh. Bring it on!

BlitzGirl wrote:And present blitzers! :)

Madness is molpish when meted in moderation.

Mostly.

yappobiscuits wrote:The problem is, if we have pre-emptive madness, how will we know when the real madness starts?

Or maybe it just never ended...

addams wrote:Why is a stick figure being Cradled?
Where are they carrying it off to?

Do stick figures stretch?
Is it a victim?
Is it a Princess?

Is it a Princess that has fallen victim?
Is it a boy? How do you tell?

I quoted this to respond to it, then realized I don't know how to respond to it. I'm guessing it's not Princess, because why would she be rapelling off of a cliff? Definitely a victim, tho of xis own clumsiness.

yappobiscuits wrote:D'aww. I now shall imagine everymolpy who votes as a cute queue of meowlpies.

You didn't already?

ggh wrote:The beanie on the stretcher has some broken bones. Click on the image, and then you can go back and see what's going on - it's most sreeeful!

I don't see it. :(

Dracomax wrote:The Last Five Newpix:If I didn’t believe in you
Spoiler:
HIM
Okay, stop
OTTers, stop
Listen to me

There are Blitzers
And not fun

And let it be real?
Post clearly

"OTTers, Good Night"

Don't we get to relax?
Without some new gimmick
Why do I have to feel

I don't want you to hurt
I don't want you to sink
I think we'll be fine!
To keep waiting with you
Will you listen to me?

OTT?
Please?!

Treeish! I've lost count, have you done the whole show by now? Liked the Lewis Carroll otty too.

And...AZULE! Shame on you! There are young people on this thread!! I don't know how young, but, young! (Although the last two lines are quite lovely.)

Yay! Welcome, welcome, welcome!

Thanks for posting those OTTherthreads, balthabot! (Hey, maybe lmjb stands for "Laura? Maybe Just Balthasar.) :)

Preview edit: Took me three tries to post this so far because of other new posts! Way to go, OTTers!

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:47 pm UTC

Two of your personalities wanted to post the same post?
BSTA

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”