Mod Madness 2014 : The Announcement

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Weeks
Hey Baby, wanna make a fortnight?

Re: Very Model Of A Moderator General Furious Doodling 2014

Postby Weeks » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:16 pm UTC

There's a thread in FaiD just for you btw
TaintedDeity wrote:Tainted Deity
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
Dthen wrote:FUCK CHRISTMAS FUCK EVERYTHING FUCK YOU TOO FUCK OFF

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:21 pm UTC

Oh, duh, FaiD.

(Don't bother xuys, non-Timewatcher friendly.)
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:48 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ronaldkr

Re: Very Model ah A Moderator General Furious Doodling 2014

Postby ronaldkr » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:46 pm UTC

Weeks wrote:deh's a tread in FaiD just for you btw

If ÿou wanṫ℮d to sort out ţhe most frustration-tolerant OŢTers, ÿou failed.

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:53 pm UTC

I'm guessing the words have an Italian thug accent? Before the Godfather came out and all the mafiosi were the "some of dem a bit of dose" type, but then they watched the movie and decided to emulate Marlon Brando...

Klear

Postby Klear » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:00 pm UTC

Oh god, shit really hit the fan now... I have no love for the time thread, but forcing all the people there to spill back to the rest of the forums? That's evil :twisted:

Edit: Good thing is that at least now the "no new posts" icon will be once again relevant to me.

Weeks

Postby Weeks » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:06 pm UTC

CorruptUser wrote:Me be guessing de word dem have an Andorian thug accent?
Nope, try again.

BlitzGirl wrote:(nuh bother xuys, non-Timewatcher friendly.)
What makes you think this?
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.

ronaldkr

Postby ronaldkr » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:24 pm UTC

Klear wrote:Oh god, shit really hit de fan now... I have no love for de time tread, but forcing all de people dem deh to spill Bach to de rest ah forum dem? dat's evil :twisted:

Edit: Good ting be dat at fewerest now de "no new post dem" icon goin be once again relevant to me.

ḷf yọu hạve nọ love fọr th℮ Tim℮ thr℮ad just stạy awạy.

Yọu cọuld hạve a cleạrer verbạl expression, methịnks.

Sorry if yọu tℏink tℏis iṣ rude. Whaṭ ṭhe mṏds ar℮ doỉng ỉs rude.

Wednesday

Postby Wednesday » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:29 pm UTC

ronaldkr wrote:
Klear wrote:Oh god, shit really hit de fan now... I have no love for de time tread, but forcing all de people dem dem deh to spill Bach to de rest ah forum dem? dat's evil :twisted:

Edit: Good ting be dat at fewerest now de "no new post dem" icon goin be once again relevant to me.

Your face is rude.
Sexts From The Void wrote:i struggle to maneuver on a chessboard of dicks

Weeks

Postby Weeks » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:39 pm UTC

Hey that's my line!

addams

Postby addams » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:40 pm UTC

ronaldkr wrote:
Klear wrote:Oh god, shit really hit de fan now... I have no love for de time tread, but forcing all de people dem dem deh to spill Bach to de rest ah forum dem? dat's evil :twisted:

Edit: jammin ting be dat at fewerest now de "no new post dem" icon goin be once again relevant to me.

Be Calm.
You Waited.

It! Happened!
Now, Remember.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:47 pm UTC

Weeks wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:(nuh bother xuys, non-Timewatcher friendly.)
wa makes you tink dis?

Some of you are welcoming, but much of FaiD isn't. Since links broken, quotes:
Spoiler:
WibblyWobbly wrote:be Clevelandites in de Very Model Of A Moderator General Furious Doodling tread no a get dat de Very Model Of A Moderator General Furious Doodling tread be no an extension ah dey weirdfuckery?
PhoenixEnigma wrote:deh seems a be dis disconnect wid some ah dem weh dey nuh realize dey tread be actually a part ah a forum dat really no all dat much like de tread at all. dey're nice enough, but find dey tend a be a little creepy an' annoying in an overly friendly way.
roband wrote:Meaning it ok for a brief weekend, but you wouldn't wan to stay any longer for fear ah ending up sounding like.. well.. dat.
firechicago wrote:
gmalivuk wrote:See? I said dey were like Mormons.

dis be exactly wa Me been a tink. I know dat Cleveland, Ohio religion be all joking an' in jammin fun, but it really pings all de creepy dynamics I get from actual evangelical religions. Down to a see "members vs. non-members" as de most important distinction between people dem, an' no understanding dat a tell people dem dat one day dey too kyan be happy members like you nuh give dem de same warm fuzzies to hear dat it gives you a say.

Actually dey're worse dan any ah de Mormons ah me acquaintance, but den de Mormons Me known have all been people dem who chose a live in areas weh Mormons be a tiny minority, so dey're probably no representative.
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:God, I hope dis nuh mean I have to start speaking Timese in here.
ameretrifle wrote:a couple days an' we could all be begging de Mod dem to open de tread Bach up so dey kyan go home
We know how Timewatchers are perceived outside our community. That's why we've stayed away.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:50 pm UTC

Provides a good opportunity to catch up. Remains otherwise untouched.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:50 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Horus Azræl was kind enough to visit de Time tread earlier, explaining Furious Doodling wasn't bullying.

Locking 1190 an' kicking everyone off de playground w/o explanation feels very much like bullyish behavior. :( Even if it wasn't intended as such.

This. I realise that in times of furious doodling we should expect such weird happenings and not complain about them, and I personally enjoy the furious doodling and don't find it at all bullyish for the most part. But closing a thread which is home to a close-knit familial community who, despite our best intentions to keep to ourselves and not annoy anyone, has on occasion (more than just on occasion if you look at BlitzGirl's collection of quotes above) felt somewhat alienated and disrespected by some others in the rest of the fora, especially combined with anfurny's startlingly rude last post in the thread, certainly appears a little malicious, even if it wasn't intended.

I'm glad to hear it's temporary and just another part of the furious doodling, and I'm not making any accusations, just sayin' if you're trying not to appear to be bullying (as BlitzGirl said, Azrael kindly visited us to let us know this) this might not have been the best idea.

Maybe this is just a benign attempt to try and get Clevelanders to explore the rest of the fora... more on that below, but spoilered for your convenience as it's a bit rambly and not directly about the furious doodling...
Spoiler:
I know some people (SecondTalon is particularly vocal about it) want to try and get Clevelanders to explore the rest of the fora rather than sticking to our thread, which would be understandable if we were talking about any other thread, but what you seem to be forgetting is that our community is a seperate, very different community to the rest of the fora. This is my first post outside of Cleveland. Not because I've never visited the rest of the fora and "don't know what I'm missing" - I lurked the fora long before Time came along. It's just that the community has never appealed to me enough to make me want to post. And then Cleveland came along, and that community appealed to me, so I joined up to post there. But it's an entirely different place to the rest of the fora, which still doesn't appeal to me so much. I realise and respect that you're trying to do a positive thing in trying to make us post elsewhere, but it's like... (trying to think of an analogy here)... like trying to get people from Wales to become English. They may technically be a part of the same country (the U.K.) but Wales definitely considers itself a seperate, different country. If that makes any sense...

I got nothing against the rest of the fora, don't get me wrong. I'm just saying, Cleveland isn't just one thread in thousands that if you post there you should post anywhere. I'm gonna quote SecondTalon here from another thread: "You people realize deh's, like, 500 goddamn rooms to dis place. You nuh have to always stay in de parlor." - This is what I'm talking about. This viewpoint is flawed. It would make sense if it were just any normal thread, but this just ignores and disrespects the fact that Cleveland is a whole different community. It's not just "the parlor" in a house of many rooms. It's a seperate little house that happens to be attached to the main one. We're lucky and grateful to be allowed on the same "plot of land" as the main "house", but we are indeed a seperate "house". That's how I see it anyway. If you want us to explore the rest of the fora, just let us do it ourselves if/when we want to. But please respect our individuality and don't pester us into it. If you really want to make us feel welcome outside of Cleveland, making us feel disrespected and bullied is not the right way to do that.

As BlitzGirl says above, "We know how Timewatchers be perceived outside our community. dat's why we've stayed away."
Last edited by yappobiscuits on Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:53 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:52 pm UTC

Do you have any idea just how cultish that sounds?
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:56 pm UTC

gmalivuk wrote:Do you have any idea just how cultish dat sounds?

That was not my intention. Maybe it's just your preconcieved idea of us that makes you see it that way.

I was just trying to point out that we are a different community. Just an internet community. Like the rest of the fora. Only a different one.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:56 pm UTC

Riffing off the analogy, it's not "Hey, Welsh people! Be English!" It's more "Hey, Welsh people! Be Welsh, that's nifty and all - but come check out London. Or Edinburgh! Or Paris! Here's plane tickets, go check out LA... just... look, we're concerned. This is a huge place and you're just hanging around in Wales and it's... deeply concerning. Some of you come out, and that's neat. But... we've got the room for everyone else too."
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:00 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:
gmalivuk wrote:Do you have any idea just how cultish dat sounds?

dat was no me intention. Maybe it just you preconcieved idea ah ahbe dat makes you see it dat way.

I was just a try to point out dat we be a different community. Just an internet community. Like de rest ah forum dem. Only a different one.
I actually meant to reply to just the last line of BlitzGirl's post. I hadn't seen yours when I posted that.
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:01 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Riffing off de analogy, it no "Hey, Welsh people dem! Be English!" it more "Hey, Welsh people dem! Be Welsh, dat's nifty an' all - but come check out London. Or Edinburgh! Or Paris! Here's plane tickets, go check out LA... just... look, ahbe concerned. dis be a huge place an' you be just hanging around in Wales an' it... deeply concerning. Some ah you come out, an' dat's neat. But... we've got de room for everyone else too."

Yeah, that's nice an' all, but would you feel welcome in a community where your community was so disrespected?

It's more like "Hey, Welsh people! You're weird and we don't like you! Now come play with us!"
gmalivuk wrote:I actually meant to reply to just de last line ah BlitzGirl's post. I hadn't seen yours when I posted dat.

Ah alright, my apologies.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:05 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:"Hey, Welsh people dem! you be weird an' we nuh like you! Now come play wid ahbe!"

This.

"Hey, icky cult member! Join our various cults instead! Much better!"
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Weeks

Re: Very Model Of A big man ting General Furious Doodling 20

Postby Weeks » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:08 pm UTC

Just wait till every thread is closed except the Time thread

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Re: Very Model ah A big man ting General Furious Doodling 20

Postby SecondTalon » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:25 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:
Set wrote:Riffing off de analogy, it no "Hey, Welsh people dem dem! Be English!" it more "Hey, Welsh people dem dem! Be Welsh, dat's nifty an' all - but come check out London. Or Edinburgh! Or Paris! Here's plane tickets, go check out LA... just... look, ahbe concerned. dis be a huge place an' you be just hanging around in Wales an' it... deeply concerning. Some ah you come out, an' dat's neat. But... we've got de room for everyone else too."

yah man, dat's nice an' all, but would you feel welcome in a community weh you community was so disrespected?

When? Where? How? Are you sure it was disrespect and not good-natured ribbing? Have you considered that the current thing asking you to get out and look around more is from the event that made your group what it is today?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

apricity
almost grown-up but not quite

Postby apricity » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:33 pm UTC

I don't think this was meant personally to the OTT at all. The overarching moderation rule on this forum is that we can do a thing Because It's Funny. Locking the most active thread on the fora is funny. I don't think there were actually any motives besides that.
LE4d wrote:have you considered becoming an electron

it takes just a little practice to learn to be
(she/her/hers)

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:34 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote: dat made you group wa it be today?

You mean lock-ed?

Last year's Madness grouped Timewatchers together; this year's Madness scattered Timewatchers to the winds.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

addams

Postby addams » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:35 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Riffing off de analogy, it no "Hey, Welsh people dem! Be English!" it more "Hey, Welsh people dem! Be Welsh, dat's nifty an' all - but come check out London. Or Edinburgh! Or Paris! Here's plane tickets, go check out LA... just... look, ahbe concerned. dis be a huge place an' you be just hanging around in Wales an' it... deeply concerning. Some ah you come out, an' dat's neat. But... we've got de room for everyone else too."

Home Bodies are not a Problem.
Are they?

Home Bodies that are also Nice Bodies are Delightful.
Welsh people don't need to travel, if they don't want to.

They are Not German.
Germans Have To Travel!

Time Home Bodies were nice.
Time Home Bodies let other people read and post.
Time Home Bodies were not unkind, much.

I Remember Time.
Do you?

Remember when it started?
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:39 pm UTC

You cats started it when you first referred to the 1190 discussion thread as the "One True Thread". You started the race for survival, and now you want to quit because you're losing? Well I say hard cheese.
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:43 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:When? weh? How? you be sure it was disrespect an' no good-natured ribbing? Have you considered dat de current ting a ask you a get out an' look around more be from de event dat made you group wa it be today?

Right. Yeah. Sure. These are all just "good-natured ribbing"... :roll:
BlitzGirl wrote:
Spoiler:
WibblyWobbly wrote:be Clevelandites in de Very Model ah A big man ting General Furious Doodling tread no a get dat de Very Model ah A big man ting General Furious Doodling tread be no an extension ah dey weirdfuckery?
PhoenixEnigma wrote:deh seems a be dis disconnect wid some ah dem weh dey nuh realize dey tread be actually a part ah a forum dat really no all dat much like de tread at all. dey're nice enough, but find dey tend a be a little creepy an' annoying in an overly friendly way.
roband wrote:Meaning it ok for a brief weekend, but you wouldn't wan to stay any longer for fear ah ending up sounding like.. well.. dat.
firechicago wrote:
gmalivuk wrote:See? I said dey were like Mormons.

dis be exactly wa Me been a tink. mi naw dat Cleveland, Ohio religion be all joking an' in jammin fun, but it really pings all de creepy dynamics I get from actual evangelical religions. Down to a see "members vs. non-members" as de most important distinction between people dem dem, an' no understanding dat a tell people dem dem dat one day dey too kyan be happy members like you nuh give dem de same warm fuzzies to hear dat it gives you a say.

Actually dey're worse dan any ah de Mormons ah me acquaintance, but den de Mormons Me known have all been people dem dem who chose a live in areas weh Mormons be a tiny minority, so dey're probably no representative.
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:God, I hope dis nuh mean I have to start speaking Timese in here.
ameretrifle wrote:a couple days an' we could all be begging de Very Model Of A big man ting General dem to open de tread Bach up so dey kyan go home

Besides, even some things that are intended as "good-natured ribbing" can count as bullying if they are not taken as a joke. It's not about the intention, it's about communication and how it's received. Some of those comments really don't seem at all good-natured to me. The point is, I don't feel comfortable in the rest of the community. Pointing out that comments *might* not be malicious is not enough to change that.

Also, I'm not sure I fully understand your second point because of the furious doodling...
lanicita wrote:me nuh tink dis was meant personally to Cleveland, Ohio at all. de overarching moderation rule pon dis forum be dat we kyan do a ting Because it Funny. Locking de most active tread pon forum dem be funny. me nuh tink deh were actually any motives besides dat.

Ok, that's fair enough. As I said in my first post in this thread, I'm not making any assumptions that it is malicious, just that it could easily be taken that way, given how Clevelanders are seen sometimes by the rest of the fora.
addams wrote:Home Bodies be no a Problem.
be dey?

Home Bodies dat be also Nice Bodies be Delightful.
Welsh people dem nuh need to travel, if dey nuh wan to.

Yeah, exactly! I don't think you should be "concerned" just because we're happy staying where we feel at home.

Klear

Postby Klear » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 pm UTC

Weeks wrote:Just wait till every tread be closed except de Time tread

Just wait until every thread is closed except the Pressures thread...

Zarq

Postby Zarq » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:48 pm UTC

Intent is magic, man. Intent is magic.
You rang?

"It is better to shit yourself, than to die of constipation." - Some picture on reddit

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:50 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:We know how Timewatchers be perceived outside our community. dat's why we've stayed away.

Counters with /viewtopic.php?f=2&t=101093&p=3355869#p3355869.

Never met most Time Thread regulars. Looked in. Encountered lots of in-jokes. Appeared strange. Formed unfair opinions sometimes.

Understands preferring not to converse with biased forumites. Does not speak for everyone, however.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:51 pm UTC

lanicita wrote:me nuh tink dis was meant personally to Cleveland, Ohio at all. de overarching moderation rule pon dis forum be dat we kyan do a ting Because it Funny. Locking de most active tread pon forum dem be funny. me nuh tink deh were actually any motives besides dat.

If I fall into a mud puddle, I can laugh at that. If someone is getting pushed into a mud-puddle, that's bullying, and it isn't funny if it is me or someone else.
Say it's all in fun all you want. What the mods are doing is bullying. Oh, sure, eventually they'll take their foot off, and I'll get up out of the mud. I might even laugh about it. That's often a good idea when you are being bullied and no one in the crowd is willing to call them on it. Doesn't change what it is.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:53 pm UTC

Appreciate the kind post, Deva.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ronaldkr

Postby ronaldkr » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:55 pm UTC

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:You cyat dem started it when you first referred to de 1190 discussion tread as de "One True tread". You started de race for survival, an' now you wan to quit[citation needed] because you be losing? Well I say hard cheese.

Edit: smạll edits foṛ enhanced precision.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:56 pm UTC

SBN wrote:

If I fall into a mud puddle, I kyan laugh at dat. If someone be a get pushed into a mud-puddle, dat's bullying, an' it no funny if it be me or someone else.
Say it all in fun all you wan. wa de Mod dem be a do be bullying. Oh, sure, eventually dey'll tek dey foot off, an' Me goin get up out ah de mud. I might even laugh about it. dat's often a jammin idea when you be a be bullied an' no one in de crowd be willing a call dem pon it. nuh change wa it be.

But if you're at a mud party and everyone's covered in mud and then you're shoved in to mud... it's funny.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:57 pm UTC

Everyone else isn't lock-ed.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:02 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Everyone else no lock-ed.

Yet

phlip
Restorer of Worlds

Postby phlip » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:19 am UTC

My personal experience with the Time thread is that I was a part of it when it was new, and people were still figuring things out about the mechanics of it all... and quickly left when the usual "Oh me yarm everything in the comic is a veiled autobiography" crowd showed up and started assuming all kinds of ridiculous things. And so I stopped left the thread, with a bad taste in my mouth. This was long before it started becoming the cultish entity it is today.

Since then, my only real interaction with the thread is people coming out to other ICT threads and posting things in their weird dialect, and generally turning threads into extensions of the Time thread... Some user will post something incomprehensible in Timese, others will respond in kind... and outsiders like myself will be left either not being able to respond, or having to ask what they're talking about... at which point the thread gets derailed into yet another Time thread discussion. And this happens all over the place.

Now, I love an inside joke as much as the next guy, and I can understand the appeal of "this is our thing, which we find cool, and when we're together we talk like this and it reminds us of all the good times", and the like. But the point of an inside joke is not to intentionally go out to people who aren't in on the joke, tell it, and then look down on the people there for not being in on it, for not being in the One True community.

I don't know and/or care what actually goes on inside the Time thread... but that's what it looks like from the outside.

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:46 am UTC

It be understandable how seeing posts in Time slang can be disorienting and alienating. Our bad.

But labelling any discussion thread a "cult" is problematic and alienating in itself.

SecondTalon wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Everyone else no lock-ed.

Yet

Ah, I see. :)
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:57 am UTC

Just wanted to point two things that, from a neutral perspective (on the OTT I'm an heretic that always makes fun of our traditions), I found hilarious:

1- That all these discussions read like about how Cleveland was wiped from the face of Earth XD

2-

Moderators don't want discussion about the OTT on this thread.

They go and close the thread causing the most talk about it.

Go! Go! You can do it username5243!
Cheers Marsh'n!

THANKS KARHELL!! :)

TheGrammarBolshevik
Location: Going to and fro in the earth, and walking up and down in it.

Postby TheGrammarBolshevik » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:58 am UTC

I, for one, will be extremely disappointed if the grater was not borne out of animus toward Cleveland.
Nothing rhymes with orange,
Not even sporange.

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Bakemaster » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:40 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:I was just a try to point out dat we be a different community. Just an internet community. Like de rest ah forum dem. Only a different one.

Your community spends an awful lot of time and energy isolating itself from the rest of the "at large" community via opaque memes and ciphers. This pattern of behavior has unintended consequences. If you collectively want not to be referred to as "cultish" then perhaps you should spend some time and energy critiquing this and other patterns of behavior that define your community, which are also characteristic of cults.

In any case, for the time being (no pun intended) you are up shit creek with the rest of us, and that's a paddlin'.
c0 = 2.13085531 × 1014 smoots per fortnight
"Apparently you can't summon an alternate timeline clone of your inner demon, guys! Remember that." —Noc

Return to “General”