1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

ucim

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ucim » Sat May 17, 2014 7:10 pm UTC

mscha wrote:PHOTOUNGRAVES...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel
Such nostalgia! I think that was the first OTTcolored, even before there was a name for them. Awesome (to use the ancient word for it)! Set the standard!

Ch*rp! Pope! (of 1950, for the record) Other firsts (or earlies) of things that have since become a thing. (an OTThing?)

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1091

Postby mscha » Sat May 17, 2014 8:30 pm UTC

VEXONGNESS...
Spoiler:
LOOK OUT!
-- posted by newpixbot

mikrit

Postby mikrit » Sat May 17, 2014 8:41 pm UTC

I have amused myself by writing a prediction (pretty accurate, I think) about what will happen the first time I meet BlitzGirl in real life. For reasons that will be revealed, this event must take place in the semi-distant future, in June 2031 to be precise. The story is a kind of continuation of this post from September, but it can just as well be read on its own.

Spoilered because of length (but reasonably safe for work).

Spoiler:
The future, June 2031. A phone goes Boom de Yada, Boom de Yada.

B: Hello?

M: Hellö, is this Ms. BlitzGirl?

B: Yes, but they call me BlitzWoman now. And you are...?

M: I am Mikrit, the Swedish ÖTTer. I dön't knöw if you remember me, but...

B: Old man Mikrit? Really? I remember every OTTer, Mr. Mikrit. You have a charming accent.

M: I häve an accent? I mean, thänk you. Er, I have been Waiting for this...

B: Praise the GLR!

M: Um, yes. I wonder, would you find it creepy if I asked you for a däte?

B: Let me check. You posted a double dactyl about your 50th birthdip on NP 783...

M: You remember that?

B: I remember every post, Mr. Mikrit. So, your current age must now be ... and if I take half of that and add 7... no, since my birthdip last wip, that would no longer be creepy.

M: So you take the ständard creepiness rule literally, then?

B: Is the Mome a Randallian?

M: I suppose she is - I hoped you wöuld say that. How äbout it then?

B: A date with you would be 243.

M: What's thät?

B: Footnote 243 I mean, introduced on NP 12835. It means "ladymolpybuggish".

M: And thät means...?

B: *Sigh.* It means: Not as great as a flutterbeewing but less repugnant than a dungbeetlemolpy. I thought you followed the thread, Mr. Mikrit.

M: I do, but my memory is nöt very good nöwadays, I'm afraid. So, thät means you äccept? In that cäse, Ms. BlitzWoman, mäy I humbly suggest that you cöme and visit me here? I could show you my Father's collection of diacritics, mäybe we can see a majestic mööse, änd we could täke a tour around the city on my möbility scooter.

B: Well, all right, but I can only be away from home for a few hours. My 24 redundacats needs feeding.

M: What footnöte is that?

B: That's not a footnote, that's how many they are.

M: Ah. But thät's a problem, because the flight to Sweden täkes at least half a day, I mean dip.

B: What do you mean, flight? You must have forgotten that this is the future, which is pretty cool, you know.

M: Oh. So it is. My mind must have been wåndering. Right, I will give you the coördinates for the teleport booth at Gustavus Adolphus Square. I'll meet you there, shäll I?

B: Please do. I will just pack a few things first.

M: Right.

*Eerie sound of teleportation, approximately BSZHWAMMMMMmmm...*

M: A boa and a fläg hat? You dressed up like your ävatar so I wöuld recognize you? What ä nice idea, Ms. BlitzWoman.

B: What do you mean, "dressed up"? This is what I always wear. And you. Mr. Mikrit, you look exactly like, er...

M: Like my ävatar, you mean? The händsome äthletic dancer?

B: Not really. I was going to say, exactly like Cueball.

M: Well, I äm allergic to Regain. But änyway, let me shöw you around. The statue you see över there is King Gustavus Adolphus, who föunded the city in 1620.

B: I see he has a very stylish hat, and he tries to look important as he points at the ground. And there is an inscription, "HÄR SKALL STADEN LIGGA", what does that mean?

M: That's what he said! HA HA HA! Ha ha ha! *Snicker, giggle, snort!*

B: I beg your pardon, Mr. Mikrit?

M: It means "HERE, THE TOWN SHALL BE". That's what the King said when he föunded the city.

B: And you find that amusing?

M: No no, I wås making a jöke. You see, in America you häve these "That's-what-she-said" jökes, so I thought it wås funny when I instead said, "that's what he said"!

B: Oh, I understand now. Very droll, Mr. Mikrit. Ha. Ha.

M: Thänk you, Ms. BlitzWoman. I am hilariöus, am I not? Äs a mätter of fact, the inhabitants of this city häve a reputation för wit and humour.

B: Indeed? Any special kind of humour, perchance?

M: Yes, nöw that I come to think aböut it, it's quite a cöincidence. You knöw, in the first yips of the OTT, when you pretended to dislike puns?

B: I pretended?

M: Yes, yes, you did, it was very funny. You pretended that you wöuld hunt döwn punners with a mighty weapon of some sort. A punsword, wasn't it?

B: Something like that, yes.

M: Great days, great days. But then, the punning in the OTT grädually ceased. I never understööd why.

B: It's a mystery, Mr. Mikrit.

M: It sure is. But as I said, it is a cöincidence, because the inhabitants in this city are especially fönd of puns. Just look here in the löcal newspaper. They have a column called "Wörst puns from the readership", where the readers can submit their puns. These puns are usually hörribly cöntrived, but thät mäkes it all the merrier.

B: Oh...

M: I say, you are swäying a little, Ms. BlitzWoman. I suppose it's the jet läg, I mean the teleport läg. Here, we can sit down on this bench.

B: Thank you.

M: Well, to cöntinue, there is also a löcal tradition that each public building shöuld have a funny nicknäme, preferably a pun. But they are nöt easy to translate to English.

B: Oh please, Mr. Mikrit, don't bother!

M: But I äm sure you would enjöy them if I only cöuld... Öh, here is one that might wörk in English too. You see, we have a Catholic church in a place called the Heath, and since a church can have a döme, we call it the Heath-en-döme, which sounds like Heathendom, which is our word for Paganism! Clever, is it nöt?
I say, what's that you are unpacking from your long and narrow suitcase, Ms. BlitzWoman? Öh, I didn't knöw that you are a lumberjack. Höw interesting. Änd you häve heard of our majestic Scandinavian förests, and wånted to come prepared, am I right?
This midnight sun cän sure pläy tricks. For a möment there, it almöst looked as if your eyes were starting to glow red.
I don't think you are allowed to start that thing here in the city, Ms. BlitzWoman.
They are glowing red. Öh dear.

THUS ENDS GOTHENBURG.
Hatted and wimpled by ergman.
Dubbed "First and Eldest of Ottificators" by svenman.
Febrion wrote: "etc" is latin for "this would look better with more examples, but I can't think of any".

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Sat May 17, 2014 8:57 pm UTC

Megan thinks about livUNG here. (UNGing just before the next oldpix)
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

That won't look like such a good idea pretty soon, Meg...

mikrit - haha!

ergman

Postby ergman » Sat May 17, 2014 8:58 pm UTC

Haha, that was so 351! I love all these future prediction stories! That one reminded me of something... A wrinkle in Time maybe?
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Ladymolpybuggish needs to be a thing

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat May 17, 2014 9:32 pm UTC

Thanks for the cakes, xuys!

mikrit wrote:I have amused myself by writing a prediction (pretty accurate, I think) about what will happen the first time I meet BlitzGirl in real life. For reasons that will be revealed, this event must take place in the semi-distant future, in June 2031 to be precise. The story is a kind of continuation of this post from September, but it can just as well be read on its own.

Spoilered because of length (but reasonably safe for work).
Spoiler:
The future, June 2031. A phone goes Boom de Yada, Boom de Yada.

B: Hello?

M: Hellö, is this Ms. BlitzGirl?

B: Yes, but they call me BlitzWoman now. And you are...?

M: I am Mikrit, the Swedish ÖTTer. I dön't knöw if you remember me, but...

B: Old man Mikrit? Really? I remember every OTTer, Mr. Mikrit. You have a charming accent.

M: I häve an accent? I mean, thänk you. Er, I have been Waiting for this...

B: Praise the GLR!

M: Um, yes. I wonder, would you find it creepy if I asked you for a däte?

B: Let me check. You posted a double dactyl about your 50th birthdip on NP 783...

M: You remember that?

B: I remember every post, Mr. Mikrit. So, your current age must now be ... and if I take half of that and add 7... no, since my birthdip last wip, that would no longer be creepy.

M: So you take the ständard creepiness rule literally, then?

B: Is the Mome a Randallian?

M: I suppose she is - I hoped you wöuld say that. How äbout it then?

B: A date with you would be 243.

M: What's thät?

B: Footnote 243 I mean, introduced on NP 12835. It means "ladymolpybuggish".

M: And thät means...?

B: *Sigh.* It means: Not as great as a flutterbeewing but less repugnant than a dungbeetlemolpy. I thought you followed the thread, Mr. Mikrit.

M: I do, but my memory is nöt very good nöwadays, I'm afraid. So, thät means you äccept? In that cäse, Ms. BlitzWoman, mäy I humbly suggest that you cöme and visit me here? I could show you my Father's collection of diacritics, mäybe we can see a majestic mööse, änd we could täke a tour around the city on my möbility scooter.

B: Well, all right, but I can only be away from home for a few hours. My 24 redundacats needs feeding.

M: What footnöte is that?

B: That's not a footnote, that's how many they are.

M: Ah. But thät's a problem, because the flight to Sweden täkes at least half a day, I mean dip.

B: What do you mean, flight? You must have forgotten that this is the future, which is pretty cool, you know.

M: Oh. So it is. My mind must have been wåndering. Right, I will give you the coördinates for the teleport booth at Gustavus Adolphus Square. I'll meet you there, shäll I?

B: Please do. I will just pack a few things first.

M: Right.

*Eerie sound of teleportation, approximately BSZHWAMMMMMmmm...*

M: A boa and a fläg hat? You dressed up like your ävatar so I wöuld recognize you? What ä nice idea, Ms. BlitzWoman.

B: What do you mean, "dressed up"? This is what I always wear. And you. Mr. Mikrit, you look exactly like, er...

M: Like my ävatar, you mean? The händsome äthletic dancer?

B: Not really. I was going to say, exactly like Cueball.

M: Well, I äm allergic to Regain. But änyway, let me shöw you around. The statue you see över there is King Gustavus Adolphus, who föunded the city in 1620.

B: I see he has a very stylish hat, and he tries to look important as he points at the ground. And there is an inscription, "HÄR SKALL STADEN LIGGA", what does that mean?

M: That's what he said! HA HA HA! Ha ha ha! *Snicker, giggle, snort!*

B: I beg your pardon, Mr. Mikrit?

M: It means "HERE, THE TOWN SHALL BE". That's what the King said when he föunded the city.

B: And you find that amusing?

M: No no, I wås making a jöke. You see, in America you häve these "That's-what-she-said" jökes, so I thought it wås funny when I instead said, "that's what he said"!

B: Oh, I understand now. Very droll, Mr. Mikrit. Ha. Ha.

M: Thänk you, Ms. BlitzWoman. I am hilariöus, am I not? Äs a mätter of fact, the inhabitants of this city häve a reputation för wit and humour.

B: Indeed? Any special kind of humour, perchance?

M: Yes, nöw that I come to think aböut it, it's quite a cöincidence. You knöw, in the first yips of the OTT, when you pretended to dislike puns?

B: I pretended?

M: Yes, yes, you did, it was very funny. You pretended that you wöuld hunt döwn punners with a mighty weapon of some sort. A punsword, wasn't it?

B: Something like that, yes.

M: Great days, great days. But then, the punning in the OTT grädually ceased. I never understööd why.

B: It's a mystery, Mr. Mikrit.

M: It sure is. But as I said, it is a cöincidence, because the inhabitants in this city are especially fönd of puns. Just look here in the löcal newspaper. They have a column called "Wörst puns from the readership", where the readers can submit their puns. These puns are usually hörribly cöntrived, but thät mäkes it all the merrier.

B: Oh...

M: I say, you are swäying a little, Ms. BlitzWoman. I suppose it's the jet läg, I mean the teleport läg. Here, we can sit down on this bench.

B: Thank you.

M: Well, to cöntinue, there is also a löcal tradition that each public building shöuld have a funny nicknäme, preferably a pun. But they are nöt easy to translate to English.

B: Oh please, Mr. Mikrit, don't bother!

M: But I äm sure you would enjöy them if I only cöuld... Öh, here is one that might wörk in English too. You see, we have a Catholic church in a place called the Heath, and since a church can have a döme, we call it the Heath-en-döme, which sounds like Heathendom, which is our word for Paganism! Clever, is it nöt?
I say, what's that you are unpacking from your long and narrow suitcase, Ms. BlitzWoman? Öh, I didn't knöw that you are a lumberjack. Höw interesting. Änd you häve heard of our majestic Scandinavian förests, and wånted to come prepared, am I right?
This midnight sun cän sure pläy tricks. For a möment there, it almöst looked as if your eyes were starting to glow red.
I don't think you are allowed to start that thing here in the city, Ms. BlitzWoman.
They are glowing red. Öh dear.

THUS ENDS GOTHENBURG.

Image Love it!
A place nåme like "Heathendom" is just begging for söme kind of punishment, änyway...
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mikrit

Postby mikrit » Sat May 17, 2014 10:08 pm UTC

I'm glad you liked it. (Actually, I do enjoy the Heathendom pun.)

By the way, I was inspired by the movie poster for that action movie, BlitzGirl Punsaws Everybody".
Hatted and wimpled by ergman.
Dubbed "First and Eldest of Ottificators" by svenman.
Febrion wrote: "etc" is latin for "this would look better with more examples, but I can't think of any".

BlitzGirl

Time Revisited - np1412

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat May 17, 2014 11:29 pm UTC

:) Yeah, that poster was originally made by higgs-boson back on Newpage 1495.
(We miss you too, higgs-boson!)

TastUNG:
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

OTToMeme wrote:"TIME" TOTALLY JUST STOPPED SEEMING LIKE A REAL WORD.

-- posted by theseaisbigandnotverytasty
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sat May 17, 2014 11:33 pm UTC

I did notice the sea tasting better. Delicious in fact. Can't think why...
Spoiler:
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

HES

Postby HES » Sat May 17, 2014 11:52 pm UTC

I accidentally cycled twice as far as I intended and now need to molpy down. At least I'll deyappocise a bit.

Don't let the weepend bite!
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Time Revisited - np1413

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun May 18, 2014 12:06 am UTC

Seacake would be molpish, as long as it's not made of semencoffeecancerbaconstarsandbacononice!

NegatorUNG:
Spoiler:
OTT Time Travel

OTToMeme wrote:IF YOU BREAK THIS SEA, WE ARE NOT MAKING YOU A NEW ONE.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1092

Postby mscha » Sun May 18, 2014 12:30 am UTC

OVERHONG...
Spoiler:
LOOK OUT!
-- posted by newpixbot

mscha

Time Revisited - np1414

Postby mscha » Sun May 18, 2014 1:10 am UTC

TOPSTITCHUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:Y'ALL GOT ANY MORE OF THEM MEOWLPIES?

-- posted by oldpixbot

ergman

Postby ergman » Sun May 18, 2014 2:03 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:I love the lurkers, I love the ketchup posts
I love the regulars, and the sometimes cranky folks
I love the blitzers blindposting from the past.
Boom de yada, boom de yada, boom de yado, boom de yada

I love the craziness here in the OTT,
But it works be if we all agree to disagree.
All that's important is that we Wait for It,
Boom de yada, boom de yada, boom de yado, boom de yada

a lost gem from the past, via OTT-Time Travel.

How many versions of this song are there floating around?

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun May 18, 2014 2:58 am UTC

Little freshUNG:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Sun May 18, 2014 3:14 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Little freshUGH:
Spoiler:
FTFY
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun May 18, 2014 3:31 am UTC

Thanks. :D
These dialogue-heavy sections of UNGs are cluttering up the wipend OTT, so I'll spoil the one for this nopix.

ExtrUNG water:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Sun May 18, 2014 4:10 am UTC

Apparently I was doing some research.
Thought going to TVTropes to do that was a good idea.

LOST THONG
Spoiler:
LOOK OUT!
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

ucim

Postby ucim » Sun May 18, 2014 5:20 am UTC

1408 (t1i-1093), UNGhanced:

The plants are sad!

RSIR
Spoiler:
1408_(t1i-1093)_enhanced.jpg

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

The Melting Beanie

Postby AluisioASG » Sun May 18, 2014 5:40 am UTC

I guess they'll never leave that cave.

BTW, today's Dilbert's otherly-RELATED.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

mscha

Time Revisited - np1419

Postby mscha » Sun May 18, 2014 6:10 am UTC

TWUNGLES...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:I AM HES, HEAR ME ROAR

-- posted by oldpixbot

BlitzGirl

Time Revisited - np1419

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun May 18, 2014 6:12 am UTC

RELATED Drawception hotdog, 1 minuteH drawing Time.
(Eerily evocative of the original ONG; see Time Travel link in the UNG above.)
Spoiler:

TVTropes is almost as bad as the c**kies, Aluisio! :shock: Glad you made it out!
Thanks for the UNGhance, Jose!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Sun May 18, 2014 7:40 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Question for mscha: I don't know if you've considered this feature, but would it be possible to add a link to your viewer to the OTColored for the current newpix? It's futurish (pretty cool) that oldpixbot can UNG the OTColored frames now, and it would be neat to be able do the same without the extra steps of navigating through the Database or OTW. (If it's too much of a bother, don't worry about it. :wink: )

I am not exactly sure what you are after, but The Database has this function. If it exists, it returns an OTColorization of any given Newpix.
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun May 18, 2014 7:44 am UTC

Yes, that's the sort of thing I was looking for! :) Thanks, Sciscitor.
How does it handle newpix that have more than one OTColored associated with them?

Using that feature I now know that this UNG has not been colored yet:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1094

Postby mscha » Sun May 18, 2014 8:30 am UTC

KONGAROOS...
Spoiler:
LOOK OUT!
-- posted by newpixbot

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun May 18, 2014 9:27 am UTC

Oh no, the wheelstick has CRUNCHed!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Sun May 18, 2014 9:52 am UTC

They're CH*RPed doombananaed!
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun May 18, 2014 10:14 am UTC

I think the wheel sank into the rubble of the bluecave's unstable floor.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Time Revisited - np1424

Postby mscha » Sun May 18, 2014 11:10 am UTC

SPREADUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:COULD QUACKMOLPIES BE ANY MORE WOWTERFUL?

-- posted by oldpixbot

adnapemit

Postby adnapemit » Sun May 18, 2014 11:22 am UTC

:shock: I somehow missed the bright green molpy in that image the first time I saw it.
Empress adnapemit "Nancy" "Time Panda"
[adnapemit|timepanda]
Does anyone actually read signatures?

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Sun May 18, 2014 11:24 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Yes, that's the sort of thing I was looking for! :) Thanks, Sciscitor.
How does it handle newpix that have more than one OTColored associated with them?

Redundant OTColorizations are randomized. The feature was built for SB's Chromatic Heresy.
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Sun May 18, 2014 12:29 pm UTC

Stuck wheelstickONG
Spoiler:
LOOK OUT!

ergman

Postby ergman » Sun May 18, 2014 1:57 pm UTC

adnapemit wrote::shock: I somehow missed the bright green molpy in that image the first time I saw it.

WHOAH!

But looking back, it was there, but in a different place? Nevermind, the original was just mirrored.

ucim

Postby ucim » Sun May 18, 2014 2:49 pm UTC

Looks like they should have consulted the bicycle on the moooooon.
Spoiler:
1409 (t1i-1094) UNGhanced.jpg

Jose

mscha

Time Revisited - np1428

Postby mscha » Sun May 18, 2014 3:10 pm UTC

HANDSPRUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:Y'ALL GOT ANY MORE OF THEM POPES?

-- posted by oldpixbot

Link

EXCUSE ME MA'AM, DO YOU HAVE A MOMENT TO TALK ABOUT BAGPUNS?

Postby Link » Sun May 18, 2014 3:38 pm UTC

AUTOMOME 1.8 RELEASED

This seaish update brings a baobabish nine new memes, along with a fair amount of new vocabulary.

AUTOMOME wrote:WITH SPOILERCAKES LIKE THESE, WHO NEEDS ONGS?

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sun May 18, 2014 3:43 pm UTC

These old OTColoureds are reminding me of the jigsawhotdog versions of them... I remember those last two distinctively.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1096

Postby mscha » Sun May 18, 2014 4:30 pm UTC

EXPONGE...
Spoiler:
LOOK OUT!
-- posted by newpixbot

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun May 18, 2014 5:51 pm UTC

Thanks for the Automome update, Link! :)

Last nopix's UNG is interesting because between the previous nopix and that one, one or more molpies fled the frame. At the Time, mscha remarked upon it:

mscha wrote:Molpy alert: what turns out to be molpies²⁴ on the far right of the previous frame, have now disappeared.

But I don't think we ever figured out what those blips might have been. Were they bushmustard, or a molpy scurrying for cover?
GIF, with top at original size, bottom at 4x:

Embiggening:

Redundant:
Spoiler:

Molpies1428.gif
Molpies1428.gif (14.79 KiB) Viewed 11549 times

molpy1428embiggen.png

Keyword: BGUM molpy molpies mysterious mystery unknown 1428 1429 vanish gif animation
redundant234.png
redundant234.png (130.33 KiB) Viewed 11549 times
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ergman

Postby ergman » Sun May 18, 2014 6:04 pm UTC

probably sneaky mice wearing leaves for camouflage.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”