emo cry baby thread: go down the road, not across the street

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Iori_Yagami

Re: emo cry baby thread: go down the road, not across the street

Postby Iori_Yagami » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:02 pm UTC

That's good. They don't know many things you would want to hide.
They cannot defend themselves; they cannot run away. INSANITY is their only way of escape.

cyanide_poison

Postby cyanide_poison » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:21 pm UTC

I have something to whine about. My now ex-best friend decided that it was a good idea to complain about me on the forums of a site that we both frequent. Since I generally avoid forums, this wouldn't be a horrible idea, except he not only told me that he was complaining about me on the internet, but told me what *thread* of the forum he was on. Then I had to go see what he was saying about me ... which hurt. A lot.

Thanks Master Gunner, you're a great guy. :roll:

Anyway, sorry for interrupting the whininess of the thread with confrontation! Ridicule me or something to make up for it.

*edit* This is my first and last post, sorry for breaking rules, people. I hate forums with a passion. But I do love XKCD.
Last edited by cyanide_poison on Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:27 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Angelene
relax, I'll handle the zippers

Postby Angelene » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:23 pm UTC

Cyanide, someone's going to scream at you for posting here before introductions, and so I'll just politely advise you...

Hotmail STILL won't let me near my mail. It's been almost a week now, I mean really, WTF?!
"Some people need a red carpet rolled out in front of them in order to walk forward into friendship. They can't see the tiny outstretched hands all around them, everywhere, like leaves on trees."

Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Jesse » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:40 pm UTC

I fail to see why you would join a forum just to whine about your friend posting something that hurt you. This may not be completely obvious, but this isn't a Help & Advice column; this is, in fact, a webcomics forum.

Now, that said, I see no problem in there being a place for our forumers to espouse their problems, and for people to be helpful and give advice, but when it is your sole reason for joining the forum it makes me feel a bit sad inside. Like the people who join just to partake in the Forum Games.

There is a whole other world out there in the fora, explore it and grow.

loratwopointone

Postby loratwopointone » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:02 pm UTC

Whine: I've still got so much work to do for all these modules at college I really hate but have to take. "Communication and Employability Skills for the IT Industry" being the main one.

Ah well, I'm sure I'll get over it.
Goth Juice - The most powerful hairspray known to man. Made from the tears of Robert Smith.

Eleven

Postby Eleven » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:21 am UTC

<whine> All of my family members who are around my age consistently "forget" about me when they all decide to go out.
"Hey, everyone's back from college for a week! We only get together like this twice a year! Let's all go out and have fun!"
*the next day*
"Oops, sorry Eleven, we didn't mean to forget you. Just, well, we did."
or
"Well, we did think about you, but it didn't seem like something you'd like" (You can't possibly like, you know, fun things like us, right?)
Rinse and repeat. Just tell me you frickin' hate me and get it over with, you bunch of asswipes. </whine>

Wow, that feels good.
YOU HAS FEESH?!

pollywog
Let's party like it's my postcount

Postby pollywog » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:55 am UTC

Spoiler:
Yeah, today weren't so great. I woke up in the morning, got out of bed, thought "Fuck, I can't do this", went to have a shower, hopped on to autopilot. It seems to be my sister's life goal to destroy my confidence. A conversation:
Her: Hey Polly, are you wearing deodourant?
Me: Of course.
Her: Oh. You might want to put a bit more on.

Also, kids at school are dicks.

More to come, if I can be bothered. I always felt bad posting this type of thing in the Confessional thread, so it's better to post it here.
suffer-cait wrote:hey, guys?
i'm fucking magic

Pesto

Postby Pesto » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:56 pm UTC

I want out. I so want out. I just want to get out of this stupid job.

eternauta3k

Postby eternauta3k » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:45 pm UTC

Morphing Ball wrote:I'm seldom contacted in any way by the people I call friends, even though I send them emails (I don't like to use the phone because I have this, uh, thing about the phone) often enough.

All I've received recently is spam, and it's in Japanese or Chinese or something, so I can't even read these messages proclaiming that this new preparation will enlarge my penis and render me a "mack daddy".

Same here
waaaaaa
VectorZero wrote:It takes a real man to impact his own radius

That's right, slash your emo-wrists and spill all your emo-globin

Morphing Ball

Postby Morphing Ball » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:27 am UTC

eternauta3k wrote:
Morphing Ball wrote:I'm seldom contacted in any way by the people I call friends, even though I send them emails (I don't like to use the phone because I have this, uh, thing about the phone) often enough.

All I've received recently is spam, and it's in Japanese or Chinese or something, so I can't even read these messages proclaiming that this new preparation will enlarge my penis and render me a "mack daddy".

Same here
waaaaaa

It's really frustrating. I'm beginning to feel that I need to make more friends. I've no idea how to go about that, though.

Ikaruga

Postby Ikaruga » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:57 am UTC

I managed to piss off the only friend I have who I feel comfortable discussing my feelings and depression issues with. I really try to be one of the more positive influences on her life so I'm pretty disappointed in myself. I suppose I'll find out tomorrow how offended she is, I've already sent apologies.

Angelene

Postby Angelene » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:04 am UTC

Two honours degrees, TWO, and I'm as unemployable as I am unemployed.

I spent hours yesterday applying for approx half a million jobs only to get half a million thanks but no thanks replies today. I even actually made efforts at selling myself in some. Of course, I suppose in some cases if there's no actual vacancies in the company then that's not really my fault, but could they not manifest one pour moi?! Ugh.
"Some people need a red carpet rolled out in front of them in order to walk forward into friendship. They can't see the tiny outstretched hands all around them, everywhere, like leaves on trees."

Verator

Postby Verator » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:07 am UTC

CaraInFrames wrote:Two honours degrees, TWO, and I'm as unemployable as I am unemployed.

I spent hours yesterday applying for approx half a million jobs only to get half a million thanks but no thanks replies today. I even actually made efforts at selling myself in some. Of course, I suppose in some cases if there's no actual vacancies in the company then that's not really my fault, but could they not manifest one pour moi?! Ugh.

That's why we don't get worthless degrees like acting.
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:06] Akira: but i want a penis ;_;
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:12] Mrcheesypants: let's face it, you aint below a 3 on a kingsley scale
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:36] Mrcheesypants: two sided dildos are like penises

Angelene

Postby Angelene » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:08 am UTC

Verator wrote:
CaraInFrames wrote:Two honours degrees, TWO, and I'm as unemployable as I am unemployed.

That's why we don't get worthless degrees like acting.

My primary is in law and economics, and I have a post-grad law degree. My problem is, I don't want to work as a lawyer. Silly Cara.

BVD

Postby BVD » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:50 am UTC

Whine: First panic attack in six months this evening, and I can't even figure out what prompted it. And, being new to this particular university, there are rather fewer people I know well enough to go to. Eventually I found a friend and sat in her room until the shaking and hyperventilating stopped (I'd felt the symptoms and managed to get over there before the full-blown attack started), but it was still less than pleasant.

yellie

Postby yellie » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:05 am UTC

This is the only place I can whine, right? Ok, it's whinin' time!

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111797 ... id=14&cs=1

"Fox has locked its orbit on "Spaced," a U.K. comedy being retooled for American auds.
Net has given a put pilot order to the project, originally created by the "Shaun of the Dead" and "Hot Fuzz" team of Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright (as well as Jessica Stevenson). "Will & Grace" alum Adam Barr is set to adapt the show for the U.S."

This is so completely fucking unacceptable. It's television perfection! The humour will never translate to America like The Office did! How the fuck is American Tim Bisley going to compare to my darling original Tim Bisley? Are they going to do an Office and name him Jim? ARGH WHAT ARE THEY THINKING.

And it's Fox that's doing it. And Will and Grace? They're getting the guy who did WILL AND GRACE to renovate Spaced??

I am so very annoyed right now. Whine whine whine. Bitch bitch bitch.

Morphing Ball

Postby Morphing Ball » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:01 am UTC

yellie wrote:This is the only place I can whine, right? Ok, it's whinin' time!

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111797 ... id=14&cs=1

"Fox has locked its orbit on "Spaced," a U.K. comedy being retooled for American auds.
Net has given a put pilot order to the project, originally created by the "Shaun of the Dead" and "Hot Fuzz" team of Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright (as well as Jessica Stevenson). "Will & Grace" alum Adam Barr is set to adapt the show for the U.S."

This is so completely fucking unacceptable. It's television perfection! The humour will never translate to America like The Office did! How the fuck is American Tim Bisley going to compare to my darling original Tim Bisley? Are they going to do an Office and name him Jim? ARGH WHAT ARE THEY THINKING.

And it's Fox that's doing it. And Will and Grace? They're getting the guy who did WILL AND GRACE to renovate Spaced??

Shit shit shit. This is fucking shit. They're going to ruin it for ever. I've never heard of this Adam Barr, but if he did "Will and Grace" then he's a useless piece of shit and there's no way he can compare to Wright. Now I'm angry.

I don't know how Wright and Pegg could even allow this.

TheKhakinator
the next small girl on KRNT radio

Postby TheKhakinator » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:56 am UTC

yellie wrote:*Spaced*

That sounds... horrible. Spaced was perfect, 14 episodes all punchy and awesome. You can't REPEAT that. It's like a pitcher pitching a perfect game, no pitcher does that more then once! Damn! It had a complete *thing* that it did about *people* and unless you had those same people it just wouldn't work.

Whine: I have bled FAR too much today, on 2 seperate occasions. Gah-fucking-ah.

schumi_girl
Human sacrifice for hire

Postby schumi_girl » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:06 am UTC

JESUS.

Four months isn't a long time?!

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?! DON'T YOU HAVE A CALENDER?!

*sigh*

Jeez. Four months is actually a long time to be away from each other. And you said that you didn't think you'd be making the four hour drive in to see me. Four hours is a long time, I grant you. But not as long as FOUR MONTHS!

*collapses*

Adam: "This could be trouble."
Riley: "We'd better make a fort."
Adam: "I'll get some pillows."

Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Jesse » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:12 am UTC

*Joins the thread, sits in the corner.*

*Occasionally glares at the other people for daring to be miserable*.

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:50 pm UTC

schumi_girl wrote:And you said that you didn't think you'd be making the four hour drive in to see me. Four hours is a long time, I grant you. But not as long as FOUR MONTHS!

*collapses*

Dump him.

(mostly not serious. But still. That's lame of him. Really lame. :| )
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

almosthonest

Postby almosthonest » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:31 pm UTC

-whine- Someone said that joining these fora just to play the Forum Games is pointless! -whine-

libellule

Postby libellule » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:46 pm UTC

Delalyra wrote:
schumi_girl wrote:And you said that you didn't think you'd be making the four hour drive in to see me. Four hours is a long time, I grant you. But not as long as FOUR MONTHS!

*collapses*

Dump him. That's lame of him. Really lame. :| )

Word.
I've driven 4 hours for a decent meal.
/losinggreencredentials

Umlaut
Everybody's a diacritic

Postby Umlaut » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:08 pm UTC

Delalyra wrote:

*collapses*

Dump him in the east river wearing cement shoes.

Fix'd.
You will be baked and then there will be cake.

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:02 pm UTC

schumi_girl wrote:Four months is actually a long time to be away from each other. And you said that you didn't think you'd be making the four hour drive in to see me. Four hours is a long time, I grant you. But not as long as FOUR MONTHS!

Yeah, that is fairly shitty. Especially if he is only four hours away. If he were traveling in a different country and truly couldn't come see you, then sure, four months is perhaps not an ungodly long time, in the grand scheme of things. But four hours is a completely reasonable drive to make for spending the weekend together or something.
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

Angelene

Postby Angelene » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:06 pm UTC

I've had someone travel four hours to be with me for the day and then travel four hours back again. If it's been four months then he should be willing to do it for an hour of your company, never mind willing, actually, he should insist upon it.

Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Jesse » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:17 pm UTC

I don't belong here.

*Leaves*

Return to “General”