1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun May 18, 2014 7:09 pm UTC

The disappearing object on the far right looks a lot like plantmustard to me.
Here's the full UNG:

It seems like the vanishing molpyplant on the far right resembles the static plants in the rest of the frame.
Edit: Steambottle.
Optional decree:
Suggestions for the identity of the
vanishing molpy and/or mustard.

Quoting my post from last newpage for reference:
BlitzGirl wrote:
Spoiler:
Last nopix's UNG is interesting because between the previous nopix and that one, one or more molpies fled the frame. At the Time, mscha remarked upon it:

mscha wrote:Molpy alert: what turns out to be molpies²⁴ on the far right of the previous frame, have now disappeared.

But I don't think we ever figured out what those blips might have been. Were they bushmustard, or a molpy scurrying for cover?
GIF, with top at original size, bottom at 4x:

Embiggening:
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ergman

Postby ergman » Sun May 18, 2014 7:55 pm UTC

what do you think, broarbape?
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun May 18, 2014 8:07 pm UTC

Perhaps the vanishing bush is broarbape.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mrob27

WHEELSTICKS AND BAGPUNS AND ᓭᘖᔭᓄᐨ, OH MY!

Postby mrob27 » Sun May 18, 2014 8:16 pm UTC

Thanks for the singularity article, @ggh. I've been a fan for a while.

AluisioASG wrote: mrob: Wikipedia says WOFF is supported by IE starting with version 9. One of the comments in the answer you linked to says IE9 supports textContent too. Seems to me you don't need innerText.

Oh yes, thank you. Even better! (Regarding the font, my testing was limited to IE 10 because that's all we have on our PC. I don't know where I got the idea that you need IE10 for WOFF. I should have just looked here).

Sciscitor wrote: Redundant OTColorizations are randomized. The feature was built for SB's Chromatic Heresy.

@Sciscitor and @mscha, is there a URL that redirects to an OTColored frame if available, and otherwise links to the original uncoloured frame? Because Q04B might use it if there were (and if it's not too much of a load on anybody's server(s) )

Link wrote:
AUTOMOME 1.8 RELEASED

This seaish update brings a baobabish nine new memes, along with a fair amount of new vocabulary.

Oooh, adverbs! :D Molpishly done, @Link!

I've been gradually adding @azule's OtherComic-based memes to the list used by my own version, and when possible I research the origins of each meme and add a comment. I'll add yours soon... I am surprised to learn that "One swallow does not a summer make" goes all the way back to Aristotle.

And...

Q04B Hotdog Update

New boost: Snake! (inspired by @jimbobmacdoodle), which almost everymolpy will earn as soon as they reload and make a move. You still have to activate it by the multi-step process of going to Options Info & Credits, follow the link to Snake! and then follow the link to activate and return to game. The point is to make sure everyone has a chance to read the instructions and caveats before activating the boost.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

Link

Postby Link » Sun May 18, 2014 8:17 pm UTC

Hmm, the middle molpy looks like a tiny ape -- perhaps it's broarbape? Alternatively: the molpies/mustard symbolise miscarriage and/or cancer.

I'm going to post an odd Unicode character now to test a user script I'm writing. Do not be alarmed, it is not mustard. 

HES

Postby HES » Sun May 18, 2014 8:21 pm UTC

I was going to say bushmustard, but I like erg's idea. Reminds me of all the time I sent molping about wearing camouflage.
He/Him/His Image

ergman

Postby ergman » Sun May 18, 2014 8:25 pm UTC

I AM ALARMED AND IT IS MUSTARD!!!!

ImageImage
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1097

Postby mscha » Sun May 18, 2014 8:30 pm UTC

SWIMMONGS...
Spoiler:
LOOK OUT!
-- posted by newpixbot

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Re: I WILL NOT THWAP THIS PRICKLYMOLP -- IT IS BROKENBEAN

Postby lmjb1964 » Sun May 18, 2014 9:01 pm UTC

Partial ketchup. Much Outside this wipend. And I've lost my multi-quote scripts somehow. Annoying to go back and do it the old way.

mrob27 wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote: (OTT:1943:6) I was worried that devil comment would be taken seriously. I was hoping the devil smiley would show that I was in jest. ...

Thank you for the clarification. I did kind of think you were just kidding, and my opinions certainly weren't just in reply to you. A lot of OTTers have said similar things and though it's meant in fun, I always think there's some truth to the ideas. I made a hotdog that has kept a lot of people busy for longer than might be prudent, and that merits some contemplation...

So, in other words, you made a hotdog that was successful. :)

Earthling on Mars wrote:Hmm, a raft? HEY I BET LAPETITE IS BUILDING A RAFT AND THEY'LL USE IT TO ESCAPE THE RISING WATER WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL MY PREDICTION BE RIGHT?

Nah, that's crazy talk. That would never happen.

Glad CTS isn't going away. And using "to azule" to mean "to lol." Hm. So, instead of LOL, we could just say azule. How confusing would that be? I mean, how confusing would that be in my pants, azule. Erm, not sure that worked. Not in that example, anyway.

:shock: People do weird things.

Link wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:I've always been like that, so I must also have always been you... meaning you are also HES...

But I've always been like that too. Does that mean we're all the same person? This is getting confusing!

I know it's already been established that we are all the same since we re all GLR, but just had to chime in and say that I'm totally there too. That's exactly what I do. Hence the many unfinished projects around my house, which is where "Knight of the Woeful Maintenance" came from (well, that and Man of La Mancha).

yappobiscuits wrote:Oh, abseiling!

And I first misread "showed" as "screwed". That would've made things different...

:D

ggh wrote:[There's an old (2010) NY Times article about folks looking ahead to the Singularity I've almost posted a few times. I can't remember exactly why. The last time wasn't even that long ago, but my memory is mustard.
Anyways, I post it now because the title text of the othercomic reminded me of this:
Throughout “Transcendent Man,” Mr. Kurzweil is presented almost as a mystic, sitting in a chair with a shimmering, circular light floating around his head as he explains his philosophy’s basic tenets. During one scene at a beach, he is asked what he’s thinking as he stares out at a beautiful sunset with waves rolling in and wind tussling his hair.

“Well, I was thinking about how much computation is represented by the ocean,” he replies. “I mean, it’s all these water molecules interacting with each other. That’s computation.”

Treeish! And I know I passed at least one lovely OTColor from you.
And an OTTercomic from, ergman, I think?

A friend posted this on FB and said he thought of me when he saw it. And I thought of 1) Aluisio, 'cause, Queen and 2) the OTT because of the toy building-block material they are made from.
Except I don't know why there are two blond ones. :?

RSIR:
Spoiler:
queen_lego.jpeg

edit in missing word. oops! And sorry if the missing paren made anyone twitchy. Fixed now.
Last edited by lmjb1964 on Wed May 21, 2014 3:00 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

HES

[explicit content]

Postby HES » Sun May 18, 2014 9:07 pm UTC

ergman wrote:I AM ALARMED AND IT IS MUSTARD!!!!

Spoiler:

mscha wrote:SWIMMONGS...

Laura! )
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Time Revisited - np1434

Postby mscha » Sun May 18, 2014 9:10 pm UTC

TOWNLUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:SAVE THE MEOWLPY, SAVE THE WORLD

-- posted by oldpixbot

yappobiscuits

Re: Time After Time: t1i-1097

Postby yappobiscuits » Sun May 18, 2014 9:19 pm UTC

Spoiler:

Good lord what are you doing down there Megan??
HES wrote:
Spoiler:

Wait, that's Megan saying "It's stuck in my pants"... while looking in Cueball's pants... Unless the radiation has driven her mad and made her get her own pants mixed up with other people's, I'm gonna take this as an excuse to get in Cue's pants.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

Link

NI NI NI NI NEEDLE-PULLED THING PING PONG BALL

Postby Link » Sun May 18, 2014 9:22 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Thanks for the Automome update, Link! :)
You're welcome. :)

mrob27 wrote:Oooh, adverbs! :D Molpishly done, @Link!

I've been gradually adding @azule's OtherComic-based memes to the list used by my own version, and when possible I research the origins of each meme and add a comment. I'll add yours soon... I am surprised to learn that "One swallow does not a summer make" goes all the way back to Aristotle.
Thanks. :) Since azule's version uses only Othercomic memes, I haven't yet decided whether or not I should add those memes.

mrob27 wrote:And...

Q04B Hotdog Update

New boost: Snake! (inspired by @jimbobmacdoodle), which almost everymolpy will earn as soon as they reload and make a move. You still have to activate it by the multi-step process of going to Options Info & Credits, follow the link to Snake! and then follow the link to activate and return to game. The point is to make sure everyone has a chance to read the instructions and caveats before activating the boost.
Treeish! I haven't really played Q04B a lot since I got Rosetta, but I'll have to check out these boosts some time!

ergman wrote:I AM ALARMED AND IT IS MUSTARD!!!!
Well, then you'll love my user script, because it demustards that! (More info at the end of this post.)

[image snipped]
Spoiler:
LOOK OUT!
-- posted by newpixbot
Looks like it's a fair bit too short as well. I'm starting to get somewhat concerned by the length of Time they've already spent near the cave. At this point, the prudent thing to do would be to abandon the project, think it through a lot better, and return a few wips later after when they're sure they don't already have radiation poisoning -- but I doubt they understand enough about radiation to do that.

yappobiscuits wrote:Wait, that's Megan saying "It's stuck in my pants"... while looking in Cueball's pants... Unless the radiation has driven her mad and made her get her own pants mixed up with other people's, I'm gonna take this as an excuse to get in Cue's pants.

--

So, about this user script.

AUTOMOMEify is a simple user script that I've hacked together in a few newpix. It currently performs two functions:
  1. When replying to the OTT, it sets the post subject to AUTOMOME output, as is the case in this post.
  2. When viewing any topic on the fora, it replaces the Unicode character  -- Unicode point U+E4A6, which is U+E000 + 1190 -- with a random AUTOMOME quote. That means, for example, that you can put that character in your signature, and people who have the script will see an AUTOMOME quote instead!

While the script appears to work well, it hasn't been tested much (since I got the idea to write it earlier todip and, as mentioned, hacked it together in a few newpix). Use it at your own risk!

HES

Re: Time After Time: t1i-1097

Postby HES » Sun May 18, 2014 9:30 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Wait, that's Megan saying "It's stuck in my pants"... while looking in Cueball's pants... Unless the radiation has driven her mad and made her get her own pants mixed up with other people's, I'm gonna take this as an excuse to get in Cue's pants.

Oh, I didn't even notice what Megan was up to. Duly edited.

For prosperity (because sneaky dropbox edit)
Spoiler:
t1i-1097.png
He/Him/His Image

balthasar_s

Re: "in my pants" manips

Postby balthasar_s » Sun May 18, 2014 9:44 pm UTC

Cueball wears Megan's pants.
Gets stuck in them.
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

HES

Re: NI NI NI NI NEEDLE-PULLED THING PING PONG BALL

Postby HES » Sun May 18, 2014 10:26 pm UTC

Link wrote:While the script appears to work well, it hasn't been tested much (since I got the idea to write it earlier todip and, as mentioned, hacked it together in a few newpix). Use it at your own risk!

Image Image

This script breaks Mrob's "profile-hover for OTT 7661.48". The profiles sit at the bottom of the post rather than the top, and do not move with the page.

Wait... now they both work.

No, now the profiles are stuck at the top...

*investigates*
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Time Revisited - np1435

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun May 18, 2014 10:27 pm UTC

Still flattUNGed:
Spoiler:
OTT Time Travel

OTToMeme wrote:I WONDER WHERE I'LL BLINDPOST NEXT?
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

MY OTW IS FULL OF XIPS

Postby HES » Sun May 18, 2014 10:33 pm UTC

So the two scripts work fine on 1945, 1947 and 1949. Profile hover is broken on 1946, 1948 1950 and 1951.

Guess which pages contain Link's signature? A trip into the past confirms it as the culprit.

ETA: *spies Exodies lurking* Image Come say hi!
He/Him/His Image

Link

Re: MY OTW IS FULL OF XIPS

Postby Link » Sun May 18, 2014 10:39 pm UTC

HES wrote:So the two scripts work fine on 1945, 1947 and 1949. Profile hover is broken on 1946, 1948 1950 and 1951.

Guess which pages contain Link's signature? A trip into the past confirms it as the culprit.

ETA: *spies Exodies lurking* Image Come say hi!

Ch*rp. I'll see if I can fix that tomorrip, but I have to molpy down now.

HES

8 dips from lurker to buffyhatted

Postby HES » Sun May 18, 2014 10:57 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:OTT Time Travel

Ooh!
HES, one yip ago wrote:

Hurrah! I have no idea how I'm going to persuade him to wear that moustache (mousetache? Hamstertache?) without trying to eat it, but we'll see what happens. Thank you :D

It's my hativersary!

This of course means that I sailed right past my delurkiversary, but I was busy driving across four countries.
He/Him/His Image

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Sun May 18, 2014 11:01 pm UTC

mikrit wrote:The future, June 2031. A phone goes Boom de Yada, Boom de Yada.
Spoiler:
B: Hello?

M: Hellö, is this Ms. BlitzGirl?

B: Yes, but they call me BlitzWoman now. And you are...?

M: I am Mikrit, the Swedish ÖTTer. I dön't knöw if you remember me, but...

B: Old man Mikrit? Really? I remember every OTTer, Mr. Mikrit. You have a charming accent.

M: I häve an accent? I mean, thänk you. Er, I have been Waiting for this...

B: Praise the GLR!

M: Um, yes. I wonder, would you find it creepy if I asked you for a däte?

B: Let me check. You posted a double dactyl about your 50th birthdip on NP 783...

M: You remember that?

B: I remember every post, Mr. Mikrit. So, your current age must now be ... and if I take half of that and add 7... no, since my birthdip last wip, that would no longer be creepy.

M: So you take the ständard creepiness rule literally, then?

B: Is the Mome a Randallian?

M: I suppose she is - I hoped you wöuld say that. How äbout it then?

B: A date with you would be 243.

M: What's thät?

B: Footnote 243 I mean, introduced on NP 12835. It means "ladymolpybuggish".

M: And thät means...?

B: *Sigh.* It means: Not as great as a flutterbeewing but less repugnant than a dungbeetlemolpy. I thought you followed the thread, Mr. Mikrit.

M: I do, but my memory is nöt very good nöwadays, I'm afraid. So, thät means you äccept? In that cäse, Ms. BlitzWoman, mäy I humbly suggest that you cöme and visit me here? I could show you my Father's collection of diacritics, mäybe we can see a majestic mööse, änd we could täke a tour around the city on my möbility scooter.

B: Well, all right, but I can only be away from home for a few hours. My 24 redundacats needs feeding.

M: What footnöte is that?

B: That's not a footnote, that's how many they are.

M: Ah. But thät's a problem, because the flight to Sweden täkes at least half a day, I mean dip.

B: What do you mean, flight? You must have forgotten that this is the future, which is pretty cool, you know.

M: Oh. So it is. My mind must have been wåndering. Right, I will give you the coördinates for the teleport booth at Gustavus Adolphus Square. I'll meet you there, shäll I?

B: Please do. I will just pack a few things first.

M: Right.

*Eerie sound of teleportation, approximately BSZHWAMMMMMmmm...*

M: A boa and a fläg hat? You dressed up like your ävatar so I wöuld recognize you? What ä nice idea, Ms. BlitzWoman.

B: What do you mean, "dressed up"? This is what I always wear. And you. Mr. Mikrit, you look exactly like, er...

M: Like my ävatar, you mean? The händsome äthletic dancer?

B: Not really. I was going to say, exactly like Cueball.

M: Well, I äm allergic to Regain. But änyway, let me shöw you around. The statue you see över there is King Gustavus Adolphus, who föunded the city in 1620.

B: I see he has a very stylish hat, and he tries to look important as he points at the ground. And there is an inscription, "HÄR SKALL STADEN LIGGA", what does that mean?

M: That's what he said! HA HA HA! Ha ha ha! *Snicker, giggle, snort!*

B: I beg your pardon, Mr. Mikrit?

M: It means "HERE, THE TOWN SHALL BE". That's what the King said when he föunded the city.

B: And you find that amusing?

M: No no, I wås making a jöke. You see, in America you häve these "That's-what-she-said" jökes, so I thought it wås funny when I instead said, "that's what he said"!

B: Oh, I understand now. Very droll, Mr. Mikrit. Ha. Ha.

M: Thänk you, Ms. BlitzWoman. I am hilariöus, am I not? Äs a mätter of fact, the inhabitants of this city häve a reputation för wit and humour.

B: Indeed? Any special kind of humour, perchance?

M: Yes, nöw that I come to think aböut it, it's quite a cöincidence. You knöw, in the first yips of the OTT, when you pretended to dislike puns?

B: I pretended?

M: Yes, yes, you did, it was very funny. You pretended that you wöuld hunt döwn punners with a mighty weapon of some sort. A punsword, wasn't it?

B: Something like that, yes.

M: Great days, great days. But then, the punning in the OTT grädually ceased. I never understööd why.

B: It's a mystery, Mr. Mikrit.

M: It sure is. But as I said, it is a cöincidence, because the inhabitants in this city are especially fönd of puns. Just look here in the löcal newspaper. They have a column called "Wörst puns from the readership", where the readers can submit their puns. These puns are usually hörribly cöntrived, but thät mäkes it all the merrier.

B: Oh...

M: I say, you are swäying a little, Ms. BlitzWoman. I suppose it's the jet läg, I mean the teleport läg. Here, we can sit down on this bench.

B: Thank you.

M: Well, to cöntinue, there is also a löcal tradition that each public building shöuld have a funny nicknäme, preferably a pun. But they are nöt easy to translate to English.

B: Oh please, Mr. Mikrit, don't bother!

M: But I äm sure you would enjöy them if I only cöuld... Öh, here is one that might wörk in English too. You see, we have a Catholic church in a place called the Heath, and since a church can have a döme, we call it the Heath-en-döme, which sounds like Heathendom, which is our word for Paganism! Clever, is it nöt?
I say, what's that you are unpacking from your long and narrow suitcase, Ms. BlitzWoman? Öh, I didn't knöw that you are a lumberjack. Höw interesting. Änd you häve heard of our majestic Scandinavian förests, and wånted to come prepared, am I right?
This midnight sun cän sure pläy tricks. For a möment there, it almöst looked as if your eyes were starting to glow red.
I don't think you are allowed to start that thing here in the city, Ms. BlitzWoman.
They are glowing red. Öh dear.

THUS ENDS GOTHENBURG.

Awesomeful! :lol:

Link wrote:
mrob27 wrote:I've been gradually adding @azule's OtherComic-based memes to the list used by my own version, and when possible I research the origins of each meme and add a comment. I'll add yours soon... I am surprised to learn that "One swallow does not a summer make" goes all the way back to Aristotle.
Thanks. :) Since azule's version uses only Othercomic memes, I haven't yet decided whether or not I should add those memes.

While redundancy is molpish, it might be useful if you don't add azule's memes and xe doesn't add yours, since mrob already works on a version that combines both. This would make it possible to get any meme or specifically a meme of one of the two types, depending on what someone is looking for in my pants.

For decree: It might be a swarm of flymolpies that swarm around another Questionable Carcass hidden in the grass and fleae when Cuegan approach - wait for it, wrUNG story...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

ChronosDragon

MEGAN IS SERIOUS RAFTCASTLE

Postby ChronosDragon » Sun May 18, 2014 11:43 pm UTC

Suggestion for Automomeify script: Add a button to the post submission page to insert that character. I can't copy it after installing, since it gets replaced with Automome text!

Went to the Woodland Park Zoo todip. Yappo's cohorts were sleeping, as were many of the other molpies. The jaguarmolps and grizzlymolps were out and about, however - and quite close to the glass.

Then we went to Molly Moon's for ice cream. Today I learned that Earl Grey flavored ice cream exists, and is quite delicious.

HES

Postby HES » Sun May 18, 2014 11:55 pm UTC

I second CD's suggestion.

I also saw lots of molpies todip, the skycircle has been uncharacteristically active lately making the Outside rather attractive. Moopies, woolpies and lambpies, hairy equimolps, meowplies, wolpies, and some baby rabtors. They haven't learned to fly yet. Neither have the pheasantraptors (they aren't very good at dodging traffic). The quackraptors, sparrorraptors, searaptors an armbreakingraptors have, though.

Completely unrelated, there is something terrifyingly satisfying about entering the exact balance of an account into the "amount to transfer" box.
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Time Revisited - np1437

Postby mscha » Mon May 19, 2014 12:10 am UTC

MEANUNGLESSNESSES...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:I DON'T ALWAYS OTTIFY PRICKLYMOLPS, BUT WHEN I DO, I GOAT RABTORS

-- posted by oldpixbot

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Mon May 19, 2014 12:11 am UTC

HES wrote:Completely unrelated, there is something terrifyingly satisfying about entering the exact balance of an account into the "amount to transfer" box.

It's sort of satisfying how all the numbers line up and it becomes a perfect line of zeroes. Also the finality of giving someone everything you have. Especially if that person is yourself, in a different account.

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1098

Postby mscha » Mon May 19, 2014 12:30 am UTC

POINDONGS...
Spoiler:
LOOK OUT!
-- posted by newpixbot

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Mon May 19, 2014 12:36 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
HES wrote:Completely unrelated, there is something terrifyingly satisfying about entering the exact balance of an account into the "amount to transfer" box.

It's sort of satisfying how all the numbers line up and it becomes a perfect line of zeroes. Also the finality of giving someone everything you have. Especially if that person is yourself, in a different account.

Oh, I've done that once. Last quarter of 2009, I think.
I don't regret it. Now the bad guys have to steal my hand to steal my money.

Wait…
Spoiler:
Well, well, doesn't that ring a bell?
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Mon May 19, 2014 1:03 am UTC

HES wrote:I second CD's suggestion.

I also saw lots of molpies todip, the skycircle has been uncharacteristically active lately making the Outside rather attractive. Moopies, woolpies and lambpies, hairy equimolps, meowplies, wolpies, and some baby rabtors. They haven't learned to fly yet. Neither have the pheasantraptors (they aren't very good at dodging traffic). The quackraptors, sparrorraptors, searaptors an armbreakingraptors have, though.

Completely unrelated, there is something terrifyingly satisfying about entering the exact balance of an account into the "amount to transfer" box.

We have baby cardinalraptors in our backyard. Just learning to fly.
And that is a very satisfying thing, but be careful. Never let your stuff know when you do that, as it will immediately start trying to cost you money.
Todip MSWFP and I took all three wolpies to a state park, and then out to eat. Good walk, good food, and good wolpies. Funniest thing for the day was a small child ran outside the restaurant, past all the other tables on the patio and up to ours, stopped, stared silently at the wolpies momentarily, and then ran back inside.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

ucim

Postby ucim » Mon May 19, 2014 1:04 am UTC

It looks like the cuegan are picking up some of that radiation - maybe they will glow in the dark therefore will never be Lucky again.

RSIR
Spoiler:
TimeAfterTimeframe 1413 (t1i-1098).jpg
Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

mrob27

CROUCHING RIBBIT, HIDDEN FLUTTERBEE

Postby mrob27 » Mon May 19, 2014 2:10 am UTC

Oh noes! Radioactive Cueball! Well, maybe it'll kill the brain-eating amoebae...

HES wrote: This script breaks Mrob's "profile-hover for OTT 7661.48". [...]
So the two scripts work fine on 1945, 1947 and 1949. Profile hover is broken on 1946, 1948 1950 and 1951.

I thought perhaps it could be fixed by changing which script is running first, so you could at least try that (and let us know what additional mustard is revealed.)
    I'd rather not look at it right now (I think it's the only one of my scripts that uses a jQuery-like library — specifically zepto.js — and I haven't been bored enough to want to spend time learning how to liberate it of that dependency). I think perhaps profile-hover could be made more flexible, so that it can recognize items that have been manipulated by AUTOMOMEify. It's odd that the sigs confuse it at all, but crawling the DOM tree with JavaScript is always a mustardish endeavour.

ZoomanSP wrote: While redundancy is molpish, it might be useful if you don't add azule's memes and xe doesn't add yours, since mrob already works on a version that combines both. This would make it possible to get any meme or specifically a meme of one of the two types, depending on what someone is looking for in my pants.

I've noticed that @Link is tagging the memes with categories like "# Non-AUTOMEME". In addition to the already noted distinction of OtherComic vs. Time-derived memes, there are OTT-specific memes, and those originatine in the Outside including a lot whose original form is NSFW. The memes come from many different cultures, such as hotdogging, classic literature, films, Internet subcultures like Reddit, etc. etc.
    In all three AUTOMOMES, adding tags would be easy as they all allow comments of one type of another. So I suggest that's the best approach: For the ones that parse a textfile (that is, @azule's and mine) we can use something like:

# <meta meme-categories="xkcd, nsfw, reddit">

preceding each meme, to tell what category(ies) the following meme belongs to. The scanner can make note of these. For @Link's version, where the memes are defined by executable Python code, there are more options: xe could define another parameter to the Meme() function, or add an auxiliary function or variable that defines the categories.

ChronosDragon wrote: Suggestion for Automomeify script: Add a button to the post submission page to insert that character. I can't copy it after installing, since it gets replaced with Automome text!

:D I use the RHTF syntax "&UE4A6;" and have little bots who do the busywork:

Huh. This doesn't work... Image?

Perhaps we could suggest that Automomeify could search for and recognize an easy-to-remember but unlikely sequence of characters, such as "<AUTOMOME>", and replace that with the magic character. Then we'd have a solution that doesn't requite making a button on-the-fly and inserting it into the compose, edit/preview, and ninjapreview forms.

HES

Re: CROUCHING RIBBIT, HIDDEN FLUTTERBEE

Postby HES » Mon May 19, 2014 2:54 am UTC

mrob27 wrote:I thought perhaps it could be fixed by changing which script is running first, so you could at least try that (and let us know what additional mustard is revealed.)

How?
He/Him/His Image

HES

[Outside Urgency Elevated]

Postby HES » Mon May 19, 2014 3:08 am UTC

[Exam mode activated]

Time remaining: 2 wips, 3 dips, 8 nopix.

I'll still be here. But I shouldn't be.
He/Him/His Image

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon May 19, 2014 3:12 am UTC

mrob27 wrote:Oh noes! Radioactive Cueball!
Spoiler:
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

ChronosDragon

Re: [Outside Urgency Elevated]

Postby ChronosDragon » Mon May 19, 2014 3:25 am UTC

HES wrote:
[Exam mode activated]

Time remaining: 2 wips, 3 dips, 8 nopix.

I'll still be here. But I shouldn't be.

Best of luck. Remember to sleep. We'll be here, don't worry about us.

mrob27 wrote:

Works for me O_o

mrob27

ONE RAFTCASTLE DOES NOT A TREBUCHET MAKE

Postby mrob27 » Mon May 19, 2014 3:28 am UTC

HES wrote:
mrob27 wrote: I thought perhaps it could be fixed by changing which script is running first, so you could at least try that (and let us know what additional mustard is revealed.)

How?

In FireFox (GreaseMonkey) go to the add-ons control panel (Add-ons > User Scripts), then right-click on the script whose order you want to change; the "context menu" appears, and select "Execute first", "Execute sooner", "Execute later" or "Execute last". Note also the "Execution Order" button in upper-right that allows you to show your scripts sorted by execution order. If not using GreaseMonkey, well, this is one reason why you should be.
     In Chrome (TamperMonkey extension), go to the Dashboard and use the "Sort" column. Each script has a little icon that looks kind of like an = sign with three bars. Click on that, move the mouse up or down, and click again. Again, if not using TamperMonkey, here's a reason why you should.
     If you're using Opera (ViolentMonkey) or some other solution, let me know and I'll DuckDuckGoogleBing it.

I can now report that in my system at least (Chrome 34 for Mac, GreaseMonkey) changing it so AUTOMOMEify runs before profile-hover does not fix it: the profile-hover functionality is broken in both cases. So my suggestion of reordering was a dead-end idea.

ChronosDragon wrote:
mrob27 wrote:

Works for me O_o

Yep, works for me too. But during preview I did not see any AUTOMOME, I just saw the Unicode character. That (mustard?) led me to believe it was broken. Well, it sort of is, in my opinion. But perhaps it is deliberate.

(Edit to add reply to @ChronosDragon)
(Edit2 to add attachment for bug reporting to @azule)
Spoiler:
20140519.1756-automeme-bug.png
AUTOMEME bug
Last edited by mrob27 on Mon May 19, 2014 9:59 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

HES

2w3d7np

Postby HES » Mon May 19, 2014 3:41 am UTC

Right click... so obvious. No luck, though.

And yes, AUTOMOMEify doesn't affect preview, it would seem.
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Time Revisited - np1441

Postby mscha » Mon May 19, 2014 4:10 am UTC

METALUNGUISTICS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:ONE OTTIFICATION DOES NOT A COMA MAKE

-- posted by oldpixbot

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1099

Postby mscha » Mon May 19, 2014 4:30 am UTC

STARTLONGLY...
Spoiler:
LOOK OUT!
-- posted by newpixbot

ChronosDragon

REVEALERS THE RECENT? IN _MY_ SPARROW-RAPTOR?

Postby ChronosDragon » Mon May 19, 2014 4:36 am UTC

I wonder how many rems of radiation Cuefrizgan are picking up by being so close to the building. If the inside is still deadly, a couple feet away from an opening can't be good without a radiation suit.

Sciscitor

Re: WHEELSTICKS AND BAGPUNS AND ᓭᘖᔭᓄᐨ, OH MY!

Postby Sciscitor » Mon May 19, 2014 5:04 am UTC

mrob27 wrote:@Sciscitor and @mscha, is there a URL that redirects to an OTColored frame if available, and otherwise links to the original uncoloured frame? Because Q04B might use it if there were (and if it's not too much of a load on anybody's server(s)

Yes, it is the feature I described two posts earlier to BG. I'd link to it again, but I am on my mobile organized sand, and it is a pain to compose links.
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”