1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:20 am UTC

Well, I have a song I've been meaning to post for a few mips now. Thought I would post it for my 900th, but it wasn't quite ready. So, I thought instead that I would post about how wonderful it was to, as I put it in a PM, see some old friends for the first time. I would write more about it, but I think it will have to wait. At the moment I'm a bit distracted, since my trailer park is apparently under siege. The police have surrounded the trailer just 6 away from mine, and they are yelling, "Gary, this is the Sheriff's office! We see you! Come out with your hands up!" I don't know Gary or what he's done, but it's a little unsettling to have this drama playing out so close to home, with I don't know how many officers with guns drawn. So, I'll catch up with you later, after what I can only hope is a peaceful resolution of whatever the chirp is going on.

Oh dear, blind pope. Non-optional decree: try to avoid having one of your spend all day drinking then threaten one of your other neighbors with a gun, then hole up in his trailer while your street ends up looking the three seen at the end of The Blues Brothers, with law enforcement and military swarming all over.
Last edited by lmjb1964 on Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:07 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1237

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:30 am UTC

THONGUMAJIG...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Re: Time After Time: t1i-1237

Postby slinches » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:56 am UTC

newpixbot wrote:THONGUMAJIG...
Spoiler:

It looks like Cueball's thongumajig is hanging over the edge of the mini-raftcastle.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:00 am UTC

Yikes! Happy 900, lmjb, hope the siege is over soon. I'll send some cake in via trebuchet, though it'll take two payloads to deliver:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
(I might use a trebuchette for the second part.)
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:21 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Well, I have a song I've been meaning to post for a few mips now. Thought I would post it for my 900th, but it wasn't quite ready. So, I thought instead that I would post about how wonderful it was to, as I put it in a PM, see some old friends for the first time. I would write more about it, but I think it will have to wait. At the moment I'm a bit distracted, since my trailer park is apparently under siege. The police have surrounded the trailer just 6 away from mine, and they are yelling, "Gary, this is the Sheriff's office! We see you! Come out with your hands up!" I don't know Gary or what he's done, but it's a little unsettling to have this drama playing out so close to home, with I don't know how many officers with guns drawn. So, I'll catch up with you later, after what I can only hope is a peaceful resolution of whatever the chirp is going on.

Baobabs, your very own live cop drama... hope it's not too scary and all works out ok... Anyway, yes I think we'd all love to hear more about your little meet-up! And happy 900! *Eagerly Waits For the song*
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:25 am UTC

New othercomic! Still no what-if though; I wonder whether GLR is spending most of His time on the what-if book?
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:39 am UTC

Somemolpy should make a new OTT-if to make up for lack of What-if!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:02 am UTC

taixzo wrote:New othercomic!

OMR. The Beanies rebuilt their civilization using Animorphs books. This confirms that Lucky is really a Beanie in wereraptorcat form.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:06 am UTC

And all the other molpies too? :shock:

Maybe Snake was a hill person, trying to scare Megball into not going any further so that they and the tribe wouldn't find out about and therefore survive the flood. And Lucky was actually a Beanie, and was actually helping them by attacking them to encourage them to continue to find help rather than turning back!

mscha

Time Revisited - np1995

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:10 am UTC

UNGESTIVE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:NO, HES, YOU ARE THE KETCHUP

-- posted by oldpixbot

Neil_Boekend

Re: Time Revisited - np1995

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:37 am UTC

mscha wrote:
AUTOMOME wrote:NO, HES, YOU ARE THE KETCHUP

-- posted by oldpixbot

Always better than being the mustard.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:15 am UTC

^ Another awesomeful quote, that.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

karhell

Postby karhell » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:33 am UTC

^ I concur.

Been away for too long, too many things to say, not enough words or time for a full-blown ketchup post. Therefore, here comes condensed ketchup.

- ucim, the latest AotC made my xip. Was well worth waiting for ^^
- Aluisio, I like what you're doing so far. The journal-entry style makes for an interesting narrative.
- late happy 1000 taixzo, haven't yet listned to OTSymphony. Will get around to it eventually (tonip, maybe).
- late happy 2600, HES
- welcome back ED
- happy 900 timpgoddess

To all not noted here : thread contained awesomefulness, would ketchup again ^^
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

HES

Postby HES » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:37 am UTC

Seems I don't have Time for myself, right now.

edit: where did u come from? MTA Mustard.
Last edited by HES on Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:09 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
He/Him/His Image

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:38 am UTC

HES wrote:Seems I don't have Time four myself, right now.
We don't even have Time 2.
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

mrob27

NONE OF THE PLACES I FLOATED HAD THWAPSTICKS.

Postby mrob27 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:14 am UTC

第二章

(chapter 1)

守炉部二十七 (Morobu-Niju-Nana) walks a thin rocky path through the forest. He passes sixteen little trees (bonsai? so far from anyone's home?), and eight neat trees (with wingish pink blossoms — clearly prunus serrulata). He seeks a roaring sound in the distance, and comes upon four wowtrees (cinnamomum camphora, like the one in Totoro), placed neatly on either side of two grapevines, flanking a wowterfall, High on the cliff above, from where the water is coming, he sees the Temple of Cuelessness.
    The climb is difficult. After some rest, and a drink from the coolness of the wowterfall's stream, Morobu enters the temple. Others are here but for the moment he lets them continue undisturbed. All have come to pray for the attainment of the great aspiration, the unification of all tiles into one (一タイルすべてのタイル, itairu subete no tairu). Morobu finds an empty tatami near the back and kneels. He begins his prayers, evoking the names of ビリヤードボール and ミーガン, the ルーク and the 回回炮. He prays for a newpix, then gets up quietly and walks out into the adjoining courtyard.

Apologies for the slowness. My laptop stopped working again, and it is rather hot (no air conditioning), making it hard to read or think during the day. So I'm still back in the groovy 60's...

HES wrote: (OTT:1965:4) Speaking of the Japanese, apparently "hamuketsu" is becoming popular.

Stranger than Japan is stranger than stranger than fiction.

MistyCat wrote: (OTT:1965:32) Twice now after completion of a seaish cascade I've copied the game string and imported it into another browser (following your advice I'm now playing in Chrome, which plays at least twice as fast) and tried to undo, to see alternatives, and simply accepted that Undo information is probably not included in the string.

You know what they say: Opera for surfing, Firefox for the OTT, Chrome for Q04B :lol:

ucim wrote: (OTT:1965:38) BTW, Lucky is a molpish boost! I didn't use it until I got LaPetite; now I use it to run through a lot of the lower tiles until it gets crowded. Then I take over by hand (because I can see all the times it whisks a tempting pair away before a collapse). (Yeah, I know. Wait for it.)

Great, that is exactly how I was hoping people would be able to make use of Lucky. It makes the game more focused on Waiting, and on the more crowded boards where you have to apply some thought to it. With future boosts Lucky becomes more useful — you'll see :D

Then I clean up and hand it back to the autopilot. I was approaching a second tower when I finally ch*rped one. On a replay, Lucky ch*rped it too, so I don't feel badly.
(edit: this position:
2:2209952:H:2372628:14:....21071D1435120C401852434H6015A32:58:42:1.9250,3.217,4.27,6.2372628
A subsequent more careful manual replay cascaded nicely.
(/edit)

If Lucky is so useful to you up in the 2.2M-4.7M range, I can imagine he'll be great for the parts of the game he was actually intended for :wink: — the range from 77,077 points where you get Lucky, up to where you get the next one which I think will be somewhere around 300K...

MistyCat wrote: ucim, does my upward build look as strange to you as your downward build looks to me? (rhetorical.)

I don't actually build down (although in retrospect, I guess I do have a slight tendency towards downwardness - gravity, you know). Rather, I collapse against whatever is handy. I have several canned moves in my fingers but often go too far (completing a sequence in anticipation of what clearly didn't happen) because I do them too fast. Also, when a block of tiles becomes inert, I'll do a circular set of moves to scramble them, giving new tiles air.

I do that so often (completing a sequence without looking)...
Now with lucky building downwards, I do not resist. I also find that stuffing the high tiles in the bottom center row (to the extent possible), which is the least active one, works best. High tiles act as shadows otherwise.

I like your terminology: inert, aerated, shadow. :)

There was a molpish seaish karhell at a bus stop I wanted to comment on but I can't find it. Now that I'm looking, I remember it was a link to an Othercartoon. Such is most of my recent life. "It's easy to think of ideas. The hard part is thinking of them again."

It's たなりのカルヘリ (tanari no karuheli). Top of Newpage 1965.

ucim wrote: (OTT:1965:12) I went to Options and manually copied the game string (just to be safe) and then used snake to undo and see where it came from. No undo info available.

I'll definitely add some kind of long-format export string, used for transferring a game to another browser/device. I'll have to decide what to include in it, but it will at least have the seven steps of undo for Snake!

All the other exalted tiles were gone

Did I mention that I love the terminology? :P

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: (OTT:1966:18) ... Mrob - I'm so glad that one of my thoughts has been immortalised as a Q04B boost! I am (very) slowly but steadily working my way forward, and whilst I am still making backup string copies of the board every so often, I've not had to go back to them thanks to the very useful Cueless-Snake! pair of boosts! On the topic of boosts as well, I've not managed to gain both the Cueless and Wait For It! boosts completely by accident. In both cases, I took a few random moves whilst waiting for code to compile (I'm a software engineer - code-compilation takes up most of my day!), then went back to work, only to look at my Q04B window and see the relevant message had appeared!

That's pretty treeish. Of course it will happen that you earn either of those "without intending" — they both involve playing until a certain condition is true, then waiting a while without making moves. So it can certainly happen by accident. I think Cueless is a little easier to get that way, based on statistics from my simulations.

Q04B Hotdog Updates

I was able to play Q04B offline during my entire trip to Japan, and upon my return I refined the update system. When downloading a new version it now tries to report its progress (with a percentage) which should help the iOS and Safari users, for whom an update takes a couple minutes. I have also added a page about the caching system, that largely duplicates information I posted here before my trip. If Q04B fails to load (due to a JavaScript error) the grid now includes a message and a link to that page, which gives hints about how to recover. You can see the message if you disable JavaScript and visit the Q04B main page.
    More boosts coming, but I like to smooth off the rough edges in existing things before adding new stuff.

mrob27 Image
Last edited by mrob27 on Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:24 pm UTC, edited 6 times in total.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1238

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:30 am UTC

THUNDERONGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:35 am UTC

After too much OutsideH,steambottle and a brief occurrence of steambottlishnessugh, here's some ketchup for all y'all:
Flutterbeewingish sketch of the First Movement of the One True Symphony, taixzo!

Treeish finding, ggh! It even includes a flag! And a turtlemolpy, yay!

Awesomeful TaT localization, ggh! And an appropriate manip4 by balthamapper!

BlitzGirl wrote:SilentONGs 1233-1235:
Frizzle gathered rocks from the shore. She made a little pile with them, and then tore something, perhaps a page out of the sketchbook. She added a bit to the top of the tiny rock-cairn (a page from the sketchbook? the sketchbook itself?) and said, "Thank you," while looking down at the cairn.

IIRCO, Cuegan found pieces of paper with map parts in a previous cairn. Maybe she deposited the map she drew here, to show other Beanies the way to the camp of the Forty?

ggh wrote:So what's OTTish for break a leg, so I can wish yappo well properly?

Hurt a leg?
Color the flag?

lmjb1964 wrote:At the moment I'm a bit distracted, since my trailer park is apparently under siege intensified Waiting for It.

FTFY. That being said, I hope the situation found a molpish solution.

taixzo wrote:New othercomic! Still no what-if though; I wonder whether GLR is spending most of His time on the what-if book?

Or he's preparing something special for his RNM.

steambottle: ugh
ugh: steambottle
O: too much OutsideH,steambottle to check right now
: Help, I'm trapped in a footnote loop!
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:13 pm UTC

Thanks for the well wishes, all. Finally, after 8 longpix, at 4 am H (imagine that in superscript, I'm on an MTA) my neighbor surrendered, coming out in a white bath robe. My friend who lives next door was finally allowed, and we didn't have to be evacuated after all. So all's well that ends well, I guess, except I have to wake up in a few hours to go to work. Chirp.

P.s. Yay, Taixzo's back, and with cool stuff!

Edit to fix MTA auto correct that I didnt' notice till much later.
Last edited by lmjb1964 on Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:42 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1239

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:30 pm UTC

THONGAS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

mscha

Time Revisited - np2002

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:10 pm UTC

LADUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:AND WHY DO YOU WORRY ABOUT WOTTERMOLPIES? CONSIDER THE RAPTORCATS OF THE BEACH, HOW THEY BLITZ: THEY NEITHER SCHIZOBLITZ NOR CRENELLATE.

-- posted by oldpixbot

HES

Re: Time Revisited - np2002

Postby HES » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:10 pm UTC

I thought raptorcats didn't like water.
He/Him/His Image

ergman

Postby ergman » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:18 pm UTC

Hey! Ketchup! Now we're talking! Looks like a lot of OTTers are
Returning to posting, and the flow of Time is nice and cuddly. Hi Taixo! Hi lmbj! Hi Karhell! Hi Zooman! Kon'nichiwa Mrob!
My exams are approaching, but they aren't nearly as significant or straining as the ones lots of other thread members have been going through. Still, between that and Dark Souls 2, I am a little busy :P
I'll do another big OTTerComic in a while.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:41 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:
taixzo wrote:New othercomic! Still no what-if though; I wonder whether GLR is spending most of His time on the what-if book?

Or he's preparing something special for his RNM.

I googled "RNM" and the first result is Remote Neural Monitoring, which appears to be part of a conspiracy theory involving the NSA. I'm now imagining Randall taking a BHG-esque approach to anyone who's spying on him.

Edit: Hi ergman! Hi lmjb!
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

HES

Postby HES » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:52 pm UTC

It's Round Number Milestone. I've been using it out of laziness since NP1607.

Another one I noticed June Bug use earlier is MTA (Mobile Time Accessor), used since NP1966.
He/Him/His Image

BlueCrab

Postby BlueCrab » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:21 pm UTC

We're Time-Steppin'
Hmmm... I have absolutely no idea what song that's supposed to be, otherwise I'd link to it :?

yappo wrote:"And later on we'll be showing you how to make a magic ring steam bottle using just some loo roll a gourd, sticky-back plastic fossilized fish scales, and a huge volcano semencancercoffeebabiesandplasticonice!"
FTFY

Caswallon wrote:Argghhh, I keep trying to stay away, then I keep getting pulled back in!
Yay, it looks like the anti-basement OTTer magnet is working! Of course, if you really want to stay away we'll tune the frequency so that it lets you go. We'll need a breakdown of your exact chemical composition, though, and you'll have to sign a release. Nothing major, just a statement that you're leaving of your own free will, you're (theoretically) of sound mind, you dedicate your first three offspring to the OTT, that sort of thing...
Caswallon wrote:Also, just found the Sandcastle Builder game, and have been put to the task. Of course, I may be heretical and have created a molybot to do some functions without me looking...
I believe Link set one up right away, so it's Redundancy, not Heresy :D (I love your unorthodox/Orthodox avatar)

What's the difference between Redundancy and Standards (ni ni chuppa chuppa lollipop bikini)

SBN wrote:Heard a sportscaster comment that the Tour de France is coming up soon, made me think of C_G. It would be wowterful if we can get some TdF updates again this year.
:( I miss my maths-tutor/thread brother. Never thought hearing about the TdF would make me wistful. Has anymolpy ever noticed Charlie lurking?

HES wrote:(coffeecancerbaconstarsandbabiesonice notwithstanding)
Are you suggesting that semen is both a particle and a wave?
Of course it is: sperm are the particles, and seminal fluid is the wave.
But I'm a bit confused, who were you asking?

balthasar, I'm sorry I spelled your name wrong! :oops:

ronaldkr wrote:Looks like Malta, a bit stretched in E-W direction. That makes the smaller island Gozo.
Hi ronald! It does look like Malta from a slightly different angle than usual. What's Gozo? My app calls the smaller island Victoria.
Wiki Wiki Wiki Wiki Grapevine, Grapevine

"Kvetcher-upper" -- one who complains while ketchupping? - CasCat

“Pretty much everything tastes better if you eat it in the shower.” - ggh

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1240

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:30 pm UTC

UNMONGLED...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:40 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:

Hurt a leg?
Color the flag?
I like "color the flag" quite a bit. Image
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:23 pm UTC

BlueCrab wrote:I'm a bit confused, who were you asking?

Pineapple.
He/Him/His Image

ronaldkr

Postby ronaldkr » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:42 pm UTC

BlueCrab wrote:We're Time-Steppin'
Hmmm... I have absolutely no idea what song that's supposed to be, otherwise I'd link to it :?

Doesn't this belong to the Rocky Horror Picture Show?

BlueCrab wrote:
ronaldkr wrote:Looks like Malta, a bit stretched in E-W direction. That makes the smaller island Gozo.
Hi ronald! It does look like Malta from a slightly different angle than usual. What's Gozo? My app calls the smaller island Victoria.
[/quote]
Victoria is the main town on the island of Gozo. I do not know about your app, but Google maps always has problems with the scaling of text labels. Open Street Map has problems of displaying details.

Fortunately this question is moot, as ggh steakishingly presented a matching location here: http://forums.xkcd.com/report.php?f=7&p=3603345 (the northern part of the island of Asinara north of Sardegna, making Sardegna the "larger island"), and Balthasar produced a very fitting gghification: http://forums.xkcd.com/report.php?f=7&p=3603389. This location also has the advantage that there are creeks and lakes which Malta totally lacks.

Map
Spoiler:

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:06 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:

Hurt a leg?
Color the flag?
I like "color the flag" quite a bit. Image

I like that one too. Got a treeish ring to it.

mscha

Time Revisited - np2008

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:10 pm UTC

UNGLUED...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:COULD MEGAN BE ANY MORE ZANCLEAN?

-- posted by oldpixbot

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:23 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:I like that one too. Got a treeish ring to it.

Yes, this is good. Now we can quantify the molpishness of any new phrases by counting these "treeish rings", right?

BlitzGirl

*twitch*

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:52 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:02 pm UTC

slinches wrote:Yes, this is good. Now we can quantify the molpishness of any new phrases by counting these "treeish rings", right?
Well, what you can count on is BlitzGirl, with her treeish rings exposure device.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:09 pm UTC

BlueCrab wrote:balthasar, I'm sorry I spelled your name wrong! :oops:
No problem! As long as it starts with balt- it's ok. Actually, when I was working on bothasar_s (a bot that finds posts mentioning me, because I'm blitzing and not always reading the present) I told that because of misspelling the bot should treat everything starting with balt- as my name. And immediately OTTers started a game of creating new variations. The list is very long. Just look here.
Also, in all documents I have my name spelled "Balthasar", even though in Polish language it's a wrong spelling (we don't have such things as a "silent h", and 's' is always read as 's' and not 'z'), the correct spelling in Polish is "Baltazar".
Also,
Spoiler:
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

HES

Postby HES » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:23 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:Just look here.

The first balthapage has a dozen non-standard balthanames. And there are fourbalteen pages of results.
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1241

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:30 pm UTC

GULLWONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

HES

Postby HES » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:34 pm UTC

The beanieboat looks a bit like a banana in this ONG
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:15 pm UTC

Beanienanaboat. Image

(That's a lot of balthanomers, boathazar!)
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”