1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Re: 1190: "Time?"

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:44 am UTC

I really like that latest piece of writing, Aluisio. There's a poetic sort of cadence to it.

HES wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Cuegan is at the cairn already...baobabs, Time is flying by.

It seems to be walking by, actually. Or floating, in the case of the after Time variety.

Is Time walking by Cuegan? Or is Cuegan walking by Time?

Optional decree:
Ask a question somewhere in your post.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:59 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Optional decree:

Why?
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:08 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
Optional decree:

Why?

Why not?

mscha

Time Revisited - np2187

Postby mscha » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:10 am UTC

PROLUNGERS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:MY DECREE IS FULL OF OTTERS

-- posted by oldpixbot

BlitzGirl

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:39 am UTC

Why does Lucky's rock look so lonely without Lucky lying there?
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

YOU WOULDN'T DOWNLOAD A SPARROW-RAPTOR

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:55 am UTC

Why am I the goat of hamplies?
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

BlitzGirl

Raptorcat on the Edge

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:42 am UTC

Everything's better with a goat. That's why every newpage has one.

Is it time for the edgemolpy UNG? I think it is.

Spoiler:
OTT Time Travel
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:18 am UTC

Ah, yes. OTT timetravel to the newpage of the :twisted: decree.

How long shall it take until the Kraken decides to take the puny rowing boat? How long until the end of the SilentOngs?
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1286

Postby mscha » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:30 am UTC

COMFORTONGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

NoMouse

Postby NoMouse » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:04 am UTC

Is this my birthdip newpage? Yes, it is!

AUTOMOME wrote:WOW - SO SPOILERCAKE - MANY MOLPISH - SUCH DOODLING FURIOUSLY - VERY ZANCLEAN FLOOD - MUCH BAOBABISH - SEA IS BIG
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

Link

WHATEVER THWAPS YOUR MOME

Postby Link » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:20 am UTC

Birthpagepost!

I got gastroenteritis last wipend, so I haven't really been able to do much since then apart from sleeping and sitting on the toilet (no, I didn't combine those two!). I'm already feeling quite a bit better, so maybe I can OTT a bit again. :)

I was working on some new AUTOMOME features before the stomachmustard hit, but I haven't really tested it enough yet, so you'll have to Wait for it.

Eternal Density

THIS IS YOUR TIMEVERSARY ON WOLPIES

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:07 am UTC

Yay, edgemolpy!
Neil_Boekend wrote:Ah, yes. OTT timetravel to the newpage of the :twisted: decree.

Is that the one where... oh, it is.
*hides*
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: THERE IS A HAMPLY IN MY BEARD, YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Postby SBN » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:34 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

CHAAAAAARGE!

ChronosDragon wrote:Good news

I've finished with the school thing. There will be a party later and then I get about a week to myself. Will be OTTifying many things.

Except I maybe have a sort of date-shaped thing on Saturday. I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around the concept despite having seen a number of high school drama movies/shows where this exact thing happens. Life is different when you're the one living it and there's no script/laugh track.

Once a female treated me to seeing a film for my 21st birthday, but I don't think that was a date (and Happy Feet is a very silly movie). Especially since we had to rush to the shops first for some last minute pre-birthdayparty shopping. So yeah, I don't really get the concept either.
*shrugs*
*goes back to coding*

Why does it seem like the hamplies going left are going faster than the hamplies going right?

The first date I had with MSWFP was sort of an accident. But things seemed to have worked out reasonably well.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Eternal Density

WHAT HAPPENS IN THE HILLS, STAYS IN THE HILLS

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:01 am UTC

Accidental Date is the next single from... um, what was that band called again? Perpetual Fianceship or something like that. It's been too long and my googlefu is weak at the moment.

mscha

Time Revisited - np2192

Postby mscha » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:10 am UTC

FAILUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:SO I HERD U LIEK MEOWLPIES

-- posted by oldpixbot

NoMouse

Postby NoMouse » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:10 am UTC

I almost forgot - recently I came across something that could be named The One True Font Project, although that's not the actual name. Basically, everyone can contribute to create the OTF (I think that .otf will indeed be the output of this project, if not .ttf) which is average of all the submitted characters. Of course, it will be a free-hand-looking font but I think it already looks much better than Comic Sans (when you finish it, it will show you The quick brown foxmolpy example, so you see it in context).
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1287

Postby mscha » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:30 pm UTC

RONGATIRATONGA...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

ergman

Postby ergman » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:33 pm UTC

CD, you certainly are becoming quite portalesque these days. Is that hinting at the nature of one of your upcomming OTTifications, Mr. can-use-hammer? :P

And I think It was perpetual fianceship, yeah. I coined it, so you'd think I would know...
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:06 pm UTC

Some leftover ketchup:

Steakish MerryBeanishMorrisDancersComic, mikrit!

HES wrote:
Spoiler:
Is it weird to mourn a deceased molpy using the mirrored body parts of a deceased molpy?

Yay for redundancy! Especially if the image is also saved on balthamirror's redundaserver.

BlitzGirl wrote:#OTThashtags

OT#

BlueCrab wrote:Haven't got a control key, it's a touchscreen. :P iPhone 4S, where Siri pops up every once in a while when I hit the home button just wrong, and I yell ‘PANCAKES’ and banish her. (Long story.)

*waits for it*

BlueCrab wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:Disregard that, I mustard molpies
I... don't know what to think of that... Since there aren't any asterisks in ‘mustard’ I'll assume the heretical condiment ;) Don't the molpies object to that, ED?
(Mmmm, Dijon on turkey...)
Spoiler:
Steakish RELATEDness, ucim!

balthasar_s wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
VITSSÅGEN... come back!

FTFY

Treeish! Didn't we have an image of a molpy running away with a punsaw, too, or did I comavision that?

Redundant:
Spoiler:
turkey.jpg
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

Eternal Density

SUDDENLY, TURTLEMOLPIES. THOUSANDS OF THEM!

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:35 pm UTC

I think I remember seeing a molpy stealing a punsaw.

Uh, it's half a nopix past midnip, Molpy Down!
I'm slightly yappocised, cos I've been busy workingwriting Worm fanfic.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:05 pm UTC

ArrivUNG at the shack.

The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

azule
Saved

BlindLie

Postby azule » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:25 pm UTC

AUTOMOME via mscha wrote:THE BLINDPOST IS A LIE
Damnit...

azule = To all (that were involved), I loved the euphemisms. I didn't keep track but that would be a neat page on the wiki.

azule = Well done Beanish Morris, mikrit. I don't think that was Beanish, though. :P

azule = Thanks for your OTTy, Minim. :); Your #662 sounded like you weren't listening at all. Tre funny. :lol:

azule = Because sometimes there isn't enough appreciation of the SilentOngs: The water falling off the oars is nice. Thanks for all the details.

azule = Is HES okay? I think a wolpy bit his armpy. Note: It did! Hope it grows back!

azule = PayasYouDraw, another falling behind but still here. Neat. Skip if you want. What do we call it, xuys?

azule = There is a problem with Whizbang's request. If we meet in person, it will probably be due to some OTT activity, therefore I'm not sure I could punch xem in the face. Plus, xe just posted. Paradoxes. Congrats, you're still an OTTer. ;)

timely ottomeme via blitzgirl = [SILENTONGS NEEDED]
azule = Indeed. When I added that meme, I didn't know if it made sense for us (originally [Citation Needed]), but it's been working out very well. :)

chrdr = On the internet, there are multiple levels of reality.
azule = It's no wonder that some of us online might have multiple personality disorders. To add to what you say, when we don't reveal ourselves completely we have partitioned ourselves into another personality. So, at home that's true, at work that's true, with friends that might be true, then you take all that and go online and do it again, showing one new part and hiding another, and then you might do again with another topic (such as the OTT) and again with a subtopic (organized sand discussions within the OTT). There is no hope for us.

taixzo = By this point I sort of think of myself as a Na'vi when I'm on the OTT.
azule = To reclarify (not that you yourself were questioning anything of me), I do and I don't. But at least a bipedal ffox. :)

ucim = razbery
azule = I'll take that!

aluisio = On that matter, what do the Thread Archive Keepers think of using a DVCS repository to distribute the archives (or at least a text-only OTT, one file per page)?
azule = I don't know what a DVCS is, nor if I'm considered a TAK, but...yeah, I need to know that first befor answering. ;) Hmm, so 70k+ 2000 files?

hes = I'm sure one could create a euphemism generator in a similar way to AUTOMOME.
azule = I think that one might have to be you because it's not that easy. I mean, provide the template and we could probably plug it in.

bluecrab = I don't actually identify myself as a crab, but I think they're really Neat and there's good eating on the blue ones.* ;)
azule = Now I'm disappointed. ;) :P At least don't eat them. hah.

ed = (If you go to page 8, it shows that there's actually 72 results. All but 1 are identical!)
azule = Thanks. I couldn't find my post in there, which is the original phrase. Google loves me 0.001%. Thanks, Google. :P
ed = Well in my future post (I mean, in the future of the post I'm quoting) which includes more results, it hasn't picked up your post which I'm now quoting, so it definitely likes BlitzGirl more than you. I have no idea why.
azule = ...Then you kick me while I'm down. :P hah.

nomouse = And what if the spelling reform is only accepted in one of the English speaking countries but not the others?
azule = It would be like using a certain version of a program and having to have everyone use that version even if it's the oldest version. You know, since there's no standards body for the English language, and seeing how we (everyone) manipulates the language all the time, if we started using a reform maybe it would just stick and become the norm.

jimbobmacdoodle = that might not be for a couple of wipe. You xuys will just have to... well, you know :wink:
azule = Apologies for spotting the typo, but I thought that you said we'll just have to "wipe" ;). hehe

bluecrab = We all do jerkish stuff, or think nasty uncalled-for things.; I'd love to write one of my mini-dissertations on how we regard each other
azule = I do them on purpose. Black comedy exists and it's not just for black people.; And I'd love to hear it (even if you feel inclined to spoiler it)

aluisio = Uh, I don't think so.
azule = I think you've been tricked. You see, you just quoted the opened parens and not the closed.... How does that count?

chrdr = Treesh OTTification, azule!
azule = Thanks!
ucim = Nailed it!; did they have nails in Zanclea?
azule = Thanks. Since you can nail it anywhere, yes, there too.
hes = Steakish azule, even if the numbers aren't as convenient as you'd like - I can think of plenty of dry land >200q above sccbbi level. :wink:
azule = Thanks...er. :P I was a bit worried about that. The math said that two SU is 220q... Maybe removing the dry land part would help the issue ('cuz there could still be raftcastles everywhere). Now to figure out what could go there instead.. And yeah, I didn't go with SCCBBIU because there wasn't enough room on the right, but it was a consideration.
blitzgirl = Awesomeful OTTercomicking, azule!
azule = Thanky.
ed = ... treeish challenge-accepting OTTification azule!
azule = You're welcome. I couldn't let you be all sane on us. ;)
ggh = Well OTTercomicked, azule!
azule = Thanks, again. We haven't had one for a while. We've had manips and colpix just not these.
nomouse = Seaish-treeish!
azule = Thanks. I guess that means up-down. Similar to alpha-omega, best-worst, and bee's knees? :)

Edit: Math failure with aluisio.
Last edited by azule on Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:45 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1288

Postby mscha » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:30 pm UTC

PATTERNONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

SilentTimer

Re: BlindLie

Postby SilentTimer » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:22 pm UTC

azule wrote:Because sometimes there isn't enough appreciation of the SilentOngs: The water falling off the oars is nice. Thanks for all the details.

Image Thank you for noticing – or, to say it with the words of The GLR:
To the intrepid, clever, sometimes crazy readers who followed it the whole way through, watching every pixel change and catching every detail: Thank you. This was for you.

Spoiler:
There are many details which have not been noticed so far.
But it's OK. I have been trained to wait for it. ;)
Image Did you like 1190: Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

503? Images don't work? Other mustard? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

Randalspeed to Rakhal, thunk, and all Blitzers!

HES

Re: BlindLie

Postby HES » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:28 pm UTC

azule wrote:azule = Is HES okay? I think a wolpy bit his armpy. Note: It did! Hope it grows back!

Wrong limb. Do hamplies even have arms? (He's fine, though)

ffoxply wrote:hes = I'm sure one could create a euphemism generator in a similar way to AUTOMOME.
azule = I think that one might have to be you because it's not that easy. I mean, provide the template and we could probably plug it in.
I wasn't thinking anything more complex than "Verbing [a/an/the] Noun"

ED and Zooman wrote:I think I remember seeing a molpy stealing a punsaw.

Me three. Search-fu is failing me, though.

SBN wrote:Why does it seem like the hamplies going left are going faster than the hamplies going right?

Red shift.

MSWFPFP wrote:The first date I had with MSWFP was sort of an accident. But things seemed to have worked out reasonably well.

All the best relationships start by accident.

Neil_Boekend wrote:Why?

Where did this ninja come from?

ETA @SilentDetailer: "not mentioned" "not appreciated"
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Time Revisited - np2199

Postby mscha » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:10 pm UTC

HUNGHAM...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:CROUCHING BEESNAKE, HIDDEN BAGPUN

-- posted by oldpixbot

mrob27

OH HAI, I PUNSAWED YOUR VOLDEFRAME

Postby mrob27 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:10 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote: I think I remember seeing a molpy stealing a punsaw.
HES wrote: Me three. Search-fu is failing me, though.

As a would-be student of 富士山学校検索技能, the Dojo of Searchfu, I have been learning some of these things. I archive my favourite GIF smileys and give them useful names, like "44180 molpy punsaw v2.gif" and "44803 BG-running.gif". But we need to flip one or the other. Here I flipped the running-BlitzGirl:

Image         Image

HES wrote: The bots have been sentient for mips. The only reason they haven't taken over the world yet is that they're following the first commandment.

Reminds me of Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics. In an earlier post I described the Laws of Temporodynamics. I now present

The Three Laws of OTTics

1. An OTTer may not flame or, through inaction, allow an OTTer to be flamed.

2. An OTTer must Wait for it, except where such Waiting would conflict with the First Law.

3. An OTTer must OTTify, as long as such OTTification does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

The Zeroth Law of OTTics
(an addition first appearing in the novel OTTers and Empire)

0. An OTTer may not harm the OTTiverse or, by inaction, allow the OTTiverse to come to harm.

(The "OTTiverse" consists of the OTC, the OTT, all OTTers and by extension all things molpish.)

AluisioASG wrote:
mrob27 wrote: I get "TypeError: undefined is not a function" from step 2, perhaps it requires having jQuery, or some other non-standard thing pre-loaded in the JavaScript console's runtime context.

In Chrome and Firefox's dev console, it seems to be an alias for document.querySelectorAll.

I'm using Chrome 35.0.1916.153. I investigated this some more. You're right, $$ works fine. But this still gives the error:

Array.forEach($$('input[type=button]'), function (e) { if (e.value === "Show") e.dispatchEvent(new Event('click')); });

The problem seems to be that Array.forEach is undefined (in the JavaScript console). Disabling my extensions like TamperMonkey has no effect. Furthermore, if I set

var a1 = $$('input[type=button]');

a1 appears to be an array (a1.length is 14), but a1.forEach is undefined. The only way I can get a1.forEach to be defined is if I explicitly set a1 to an array:

var a1 = [1, 2, 3];

It must be some Chrome bug. I tried Firefox 30.0, and your code works fine there.

Neil_Boekend wrote: Ah, yes. OTT timetravel to the newpage of the :twisted: decree.

Oh yes, that was a tough page to blitz through. (Or should I say, tht ws tgh pg t bltz thrgh :twisted:)

mrob27 Image

Spoiler:
BG-loop-right.gif
BlitzGirl running to the right, possibly in pursuit of a stolen punsaw
BG-loop-right.gif (1.81 KiB) Viewed 27351 times
Last edited by mrob27 on Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:22 pm UTC, edited 3 times in total.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:10 pm UTC

HES wrote:
ED and Zooman wrote:I think I remember seeing a molpy stealing a punsaw.

Me three. Search-fu is failing me, though.

Obviously I need to do some repository updating! I've fallen behind.
There is a punsawmolpy, but it's facing the other direction:
Image Image

It was hard to find because I didn't upload it to the OTT, just posted it.
And molpishly ninja'd by mrob! :D Love the Laws of OTTics!

Eternal Density wrote:Accidental Date is the next single from... um, what was that band called again? Perpetual Fianceship or something like that.

Yep, and don't forget the question mark: perpetual fiancéship?
(It is fitting that this band name reemerges on the newpage of questions, is it not?)

Current tracks include:

Accidental Date
Arbitrary Wenches
plural babies

which when put in that order are a coherent cautionary tale.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:57 pm UTC

Thank you, BlitzGirl the Magnificent. By the way, this is the other half of my format thought trail:
Spoiler:
Was trying to sleep. Thought of what the second character was thinking. Realized it should be written down. Remembered addams. The first one flowed, naturally. (Like the last one eventually did.) Found order within the structure itself (2-3-4-4-3-2-1, 2-3-3-2-1, 2-3-4-5-5-4-3-2-1).

SBN wrote:Why does it seem like the hamplies going left are going faster than the hamplies going right?

Um, because they are?

azule wrote:To all (that were involved), I loved the euphemisms. I didn't keep track but that would be a neat page on the wiki.

We need more euphemisms for more things.
(BTW I like this format.)

azule wrote:It's no wonder that some of us online might have multiple personality disorders. To add to what you say, when we don't reveal ourselves completely we have partitioned ourselves into another personality. So, at home that's true, at work that's true, with friends that might be true, then you take all that and go online and do it again, showing one new part and hiding another, and then you might do again with another topic (such as the OTT) and again with a subtopic (organized sand discussions within the OTT). There is no hope for us.

I think this summarizes it very well.

azule wrote:I don't know what a DVCS is

DVCS = Distributed Version Control System, like Git, Mercurial, Bazaar and Fossil. Would solve the update distribution problem.

azule wrote:Hmm, so 70k+ 2000 files?

Either one file per page, or one file per post, maybe in per-page directories.
We could store only the HTML + scripts to keep other formats locally.
I'd prefer many files to a giant monolithic text blob.

azule wrote:I think you've been tricked. You see, you just quoted the opened parens and not the closed.... How does that count?

I noticed. So did BlitzGirl, I think. But nobody else.

newpixbot wrote:PATTERNONGS...

I spot a birdy…

mrob27 wrote:The problem seems to be that Array.forEach is undefined

Ah, no array generics. Sorry. See below.

mrob27 wrote:a1 appears to be an array (a1.length is 14), but a1.forEach is undefined.

Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, but is not a duck. (Array.slice.call(a1) turns it into a duck.)
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

BlueCrab

Postby BlueCrab » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:08 pm UTC

HES wrote:
BlueCrab wrote:Newpage 1987, two more Crababbies born: step-daughter and Little Bear's mommy :D

I didn't realise you were a grandmolpy. Or, more likely, I forgot.
Oh, yes. ^~^ Step-son had Da Bunny, then step-daughter had the Lion, then second daughter had Little Bear, and then first daughter had the Mariposa. Might be a few more eventually, but that's the first wave :D

BlueCrab wrote: :shock: Did an uncontrolled wolpy eat one of your limbs, HES?!

Not very successfully. It may just have been asking me to go away, but with its teeth. My Simba used to do that, but was always gentle enough not to break the skin (and hamply teeth are much more riverish than wolpy ones). But yes, I got bitten.
I'm sorry, that's steambottleish. Irresponsible keepers are the pits. (There was a family of three children and their parents in the waiting room with me today. My turn to see the doctor came just in Time, I was on the edge of asking them to stop setting such a bad example for Little Bear. Speaking of irresponsible keepers...)

BlueCrab wrote:you had an extra close-paren somewhere in the last two np. Here, I'll retroactively open it for you:

No! You can't do it that way round )
Argh! Urg, no, yes I can - this is Time!!!
BlitzGirl wrote:That way lies )Madness(.
Phew! Thank you, BlitzGirl!

Aluisio disclaims responsibility? Hmm... :( It was ucim, on np 1984
If you are not lined up exactly right, your hand may slip, because there is also a force perpendicular (to the surface of the sled.
and I got it backwards! What do I do now?! Let's see, I opened one, then HES closed one - that's a set. Then BlitzGirl opened HES's and closed it again, that's another set. So now I have to close ucim's original and I'll have saved the universe, right? Right. Here we go: )
Sorry, Aluisio :oops:

Megan won the Morris, she won all the Morris! ...Morrises? Morrissess? ...Maurice! She won all the Maurice!

GingerCat, I found your house!

Happy Birthyip newpage, BlitzGirl!
I think I missed somemolpy or OTTer on the last couple of np, but I can't find xem now. :( Happy newpage of the Birthyip, xem!

ChronosDragon wrote:Except I maybe have a sort of date-shaped thing on Saturday. I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around the concept despite having seen a number of high school drama movies/shows where this exact thing happens. Life is different when you're the one living it and there's no script/laugh track.
I prefer no laugh track myself - it can help you out once in a while, but it can cause awkward m*stard more. Better to imagine you're playing ‘Whose Line is it Anyway’ - if xey don't play along either xey're not good at laughing at xemself or xey're more nervous than you are :comforting smiley:

azule wrote:
BC wrote:
azule wrote:Uh...how can you pronounce "lpy"? My tongue doesn't work that way.

that's... kind of TMI, isn't it? No wonder you haven't gotten Lucky yet.

Thanks for replying, but you still didn't answer if you can pronounce "lpy". *grumbly face* But...how did you know I haven't gotten Lucky yet?
I can pronounce “lpy”, yes. I can also tie a cherry stem into a knot with my tongue, touch the tip of my nose with my tongue, and stick out my tongue and touch my ear. (That last one's punnish - people get really annoyed when I prove I can actually do the first two actions, then stick my tongue out at them and put my finger on my ear :D )
As for getting Lucky, you hadn't posted anything at all about Q04B in a while... :lol:

1990 - that's the yip I drove across the country for the first Time, and my two youngest (at the time) finished potty-training themselves for us on the way. Good yip! :D
Wiki Wiki Wiki Wiki Grapevine, Grapevine

"Kvetcher-upper" -- one who complains while ketchupping? - CasCat

“Pretty much everything tastes better if you eat it in the shower.” - ggh

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:20 pm UTC

Hey, we're back at the raftcastleONG!
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Is LaPetite around somewhere?

HES

Postby HES » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:00 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Image Image

This just looks like you're taunting the molpy.
He/Him/His Image

Link

Postby Link » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:42 pm UTC

HES wrote:This just looks like you're taunting the molpy.
"Taunting the molpy" sounds like a euphemism. I have no idea what it might be a euphemism for, though.

macraw83

SchizoBlitz Progress: 1727/1758

Postby macraw83 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:46 pm UTC

SchizoBlitz Report #16

This report is brought to you by the number 31.

It's time for another installment of "It's all RELATED!

At one point in my Blitz toxip, some OTTer (CD, I think?) mentioned that xe's working on a Portal mod that got Greenlit, which inspired me to go listen to the Space Core monologue for some reason. This part:
Hey.
Hey lady.
Lady.
Lady.
Hey lady.
Hey.
Lady.
Hey lady, lady.
Hey.
Lady.
Space.
inspired me to send that same bit to my fiancee in individual texts. As a result, "lady" no longer seems like a word. This condition is known as "semantic satiation", a term I learned when an Outside English-major friend posted about it on Facebook on HTuesday.

Oh, and just for kicks, there's a huge 11-xip-long sale on Steam (a digital hotdog vendor owned and operated by Valve, the same people that created Portal) that started less than 5 nopix ago, in case nomolpy has already posted anything about it (though I'm assuming I've been ninja'd).

See? It's all RELATED!

ETA:

Oh, and because of this:
AluisioASG wrote:Wait
for
it.
I finally added myself to the OTTers map. For whatever reason, every time I had encountered a link to it before now, the link was broken. (The same goes for a number of other things Lu posted throughout the PastPages.)
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

HES

Postby HES » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:00 pm UTC

I was deliberately not mentioning the steam sale for the sake of people's wallets. Actually, I think I've reached Hotdog Saturation and will not be buying anything this time round. (Had I not bought CIV5 BNW when it was on sale the other dip, this may have been different)

Link wrote:"Taunting the molpy" sounds like a euphemism. I have no idea what it might be a euphemism for, though.

Teasing, obviously.

ETA: are Zooman and Arky really that close Outside?
Last edited by HES on Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:03 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
He/Him/His Image

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:03 pm UTC

HES wrote:I was deliberately not mentioning the steam sale for the sake of people's wallets. Actually, I think I've reached Hotdog Saturation and will not be buying anything this time round. (Had I not bought CIV5 BNW when it was on sale the other dip, this may have been different)

Link wrote:"Taunting the molpy" sounds like a euphemism. I have no idea what it might be a euphemism for, though.

Teasing, obviously.

Aside from buying things, you can also sign up for arbitrary competitiveness! Go randomly-determined Purple Team!

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:04 pm UTC

It's all related!
mrob27's browser has a "GLR mode".

Latest SilentONG: I was right!
Also, how does an ONG sound when it's silent?

taixzo wrote:Many of the links that are now broken were archived by the Wayback Machine. Perhaps your bots could check there for images missing from the OTT?
Thanks. Yes, some of the missing images are there. The bot will now also look there too. But the images from the already reketchupped newpages will have to wait for it until the reketchup starts again.
Hm, bothasar_t is a better blitzer than me. He has already seen the whole thread several times.

So I switched to blitzing on the mirror, to see if it's blitzable.
I added
// @include http://1190.bicyclesonthemoon.dnsd.info/ott/view*
to the userscripts I use on the OTT.
The blitzenhelfern userscript couldn't find its place:
I changed the html on the bottom of the page to make it work correctly.
The newpix time converter didn't want to work because the was no "1190" in the page title. fixed.
I only tested the scripts that I use.

I also noticed there was one useful thing missing - the quote button. The reketchupped newpages will now have it.
Of couurse I had to do it with some mustard at first:
I also improved the code a bit. Now it doesn't do all these unnecessary thing. From your side there will be no difference. Only a smaller number of dots in the log.

mrob27 wrote:
The Three Laws of OTTics
[...]
This explains everything!
Also, redundant standards because the first commndment is the second law.

Redundant
Spoiler:
helfern2.PNG
What are you doing, Blitzenhelfern?
helfern2.PNG (5.1 KiB) Viewed 27197 times

quotemustard.PNG
Forgot to close a "
quotemustard.PNG (28.99 KiB) Viewed 27197 times
Last edited by balthasar_s on Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:08 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Now I am become 404, the Destroyer of Webs.

Postby AluisioASG » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:08 pm UTC

macraw83 wrote:I finally added myself to the OTTers map. For whatever reason, every time I had encountered a link to it before now, the link was broken. (The same goes for a number of other things Lu posted throughout the PastPages.)

Guess what.

Coincidentally, I was just now working on the Map, updating deps. Now that I have that sorted out, I can begin actually working on it. Which means…
OTTer Map wishlist

• Replace the OSM:DE map (with Acetate.all?)
  • About and settings pages/modal
  • Fix the heartbeat userscript
  • ???
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

mscha

Time Revisited - np2203

Postby mscha » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:10 pm UTC

CUNGRESSIONALLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:THEY'RE TAKING THE MYSTERYONGS TO ISENGARD!

-- posted by oldpixbot

HES

Postby HES » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:14 pm UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:Aside from buying things, you can also sign up for arbitrary competitiveness! Go randomly-determined Purple Team!

Suck it, Randomly Determined Purple Team! Randomly Determined Green Team are in the lead! Muahahaha!

I should really do something about the random collection of virtual cardboard rectangles in my steam inventory.
He/Him/His Image

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”